Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2013, 08:21 PM   #1771
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
Stats: 220/214/130
WOE: smash up of a few
Start Date: 3-17-14
WOW!!! Thats fantastic!!!!!!!!!! What is a number you can go up to safely.

What are you feeding the Hunk?? He can't be doing this too is he?

Ok Its our new mission to find you some stellar recipes!!!

Thanks for the kind words too! We will get her through this and all will be ok in the end!

Ok....gotta get my beauty sleep! TTYL!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2013, 08:58 PM   #1772
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
WOE: Atkins-Bernstien-High FAT
Start Date: 9/20/2001
Va-Va Voom!! That ML of yours is such a Hottie~Stud!!
He's such a sweetheart too, to only be concerned with being with his 3 Girls...and doesn't give a rip where that is. Winner!! He's a good example of what SIL should look for in a future SO. Is he beaming with pride over his impromptu photo shoot? The Godfather strikes again!!

Hmmmm well, the Diabetes Association says if your #'s are 140 or more, that there is damage being done to your organs/cells & whatnot. When I do "induction" Atkins...mine are easily 250-300, WITH some insulin. And of course I hadn't been taking all the insulin that I should either...because of the horrendous weight gain that I've already sustained with it. So, to see these #'s is just a full on stoker. And, I'm only using a total of about 35 units of the long lasting dope...and none of the short acting. That's like nothing, compared to what I was having to shoot, just days ago. So, yes the options are very limited, but I swear I'd chow on potting soil everyday, if it meant being able to reduce the insulin!!
I'm still providing the June'ish meals for the Hunk.

Yes, go get your beauty sleeps in and maybe consider gettin' some *studying* in with your studly~study~buddy!! Night!!
Old 03-27-2013, 06:37 AM   #1773
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning Wednesday!!

Loteage!! It's your turn to step on the scales!! I hope you're pleased with the results this morning. Do you obstain from breaky before weighing in? I reckon that you do, bein's you're not much of a breaky eater in the first place. And, if I recall right, once before, after a weigh in...you'd mentioned that you & MIL went out for eats AFTER your weigh ins that day. That's how I imagine I'd handle it too.

So, after a couple days of the super scientific-coffee/blood sugar effect, it's been determined that straight black~macho coffee is -not- an issue in raising the BS. Therefore...I'm havin' it!! I tell ya what though...it's only happening for the stimulant/wakey effects...and NOT for flave at this point. Uhllllek!!

So I'm not sure what the day has in store. It's a half day for the Hunk. I'm considering making him a LC pizza for lunches, and I need to whip thru here & take care of these Kiki haired floors.

What's everyone else up to?!

Naty, what did you decide on for your eaties? How are you feeling??
Old 03-27-2013, 08:06 AM   #1774
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning chickies!!!

LOL oh you know I do not eat before!!! ML is home this am so I came home and made some eggs and bacon

I was up .2 so I am ok. I know I was really up over the weekend so I am alright with that!

Ok, Gotta run!
Old 03-27-2013, 06:51 PM   #1775
Blabbermouth!!!

Good evening my dears!

Had a lovely day, went to lunch, took a nap, and went to a movie tonight with SIL to get her mind off things

Did do some work today too....not a *total* slacker

Gave the dogs baths, they need to go to the doc's tomorrow so I had to clean them up! Actually don't have time to take them but making time. The city is apparently not happy with the fact that Sunday is late on her rabies shot She was due in Jan but the other 2 dogs are both due in April so I was waiting to take them all together so I only have to go 1 time a year. hoping hoping hoping that they will do the other 2 early so I can get them all on track together!

So what was everyone up to today????
Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction
Ends up being the biggest step of your life.
Tip toe if you must,
but take the step.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:29 PM   #1776
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Loty!! Hey your day sounds really nice!! What movie did you & SIL go see? Was it Good?! Totally YAY for lunches and naps!!
Very good that you were not a -total- slacky today!!
So you mean to tell me that you gave all 3 dogs baths today?! All 3?! Like I believe that!! Or maybe I do buy that one...but just feel incredibly lame & lazy now, cause that bath of Kiki's that I spoke of giving her...like 2 weeks ago...still has yet to go down. For the attempt to redeem ones self...I'll say that because I started to get the idea that we were gonna take both furries into the new Petco for there Spa day...that I decided she'd just get cleaned up then. Except that I've been dragging my tail on scheduling that too. There's no winning this one!! Maybe I'll make a note to call that in tomorrow.

So today...we had lunches when Hunky came home, we all took naps, and then the whole fam loaded up in the car & drove to the pup park. The kids made a new friend named Mo...a little 6yr Pom boy. I befriended his Ma.
After coming home I decided that I'd go for a solo trip to the library & fetch one of the gozillian books on -raw eats- that I'd reserved & had been notified thru email that it was ready for pick up. When I got there, I discoverd a plethora of Great magazines to check out too!! Many of them looked to have articles on raw eats, gardening, organic blah-blahs. After that score I booked on over to the market & ended up running into one of my fave gals from church. We visited for at least 20 min.'s or so, in the natural foods area of the store. No, we did not interfere with other shoppers & block them from shopping out products. No one came down the isle. That can be really irritating, can't it?! Well, we didn't do that...in case that was a wonder.
Anyway, I really enjoyed our visit. She makes me believe that not all folks are lying liars that lie. Thanx to CT's ways...that's something I constantly question. Seriously...I always wonder if I'm being lied to...or wonder what the agenda is behind the words. Crazy making!!

So you've got a busy day in store for tomorrow!! I hope you're able to get all of the pups in for their shots during that one visit too. All in one fell swoop!! March/April...same thing...shoot 'em up. Tell 'em!! Be like -Lady, I'm about to flip the switch up in here...get on it...now-.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:58 AM   #1777
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yo, it's Thurzzday!! Happy Thursday!!

Rough start this morning!! I woke up at 2:30am in a full on sweat, shaking & my heart just racing. My BS's had dived down to 63. So, for the next 10 minutes I stuffed my face...trying to healthfully raise the BS up, without overdoin' it. I tell ya what...choosing peanut butter was maybe not my best choice, in that it's so dang hard to swallow in the 1st place, much less when you need to do it FAST!! And then...follow that up with a combo mix handful of almonds/walnuts/brazils. I eventually got the bright idea of chompin' some avocado, but ended up waking up the whole household in the process, as I was trying to quietly lay the knife down in the sink...my hands were still shaking & I dropped it from up high, into a steel pot. OoOoOoops.
Took about 30 minutes to feel -ok-...and then I was just -spent-. So I've been tasking...slowly this morning. I don't foresee shakin' it w/Richard right away today. I do have him in the player though...so maybe I'll give him 15 or so later.

How's the day movin' along for the rest of y'allz?

Oh yeah...aside from those early am eats...B: VILE G shot & 1/4 cup walnuts.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:11 AM   #1778
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
ok back on lean protein after binging well new start

had 690calories so far tying to watch how much too..actually mix of lean or fatty but by calories see what amount i end up today and see what happens
Old 03-28-2013, 06:38 PM   #1779
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi all. I'm feeling awful & going to bed. See you tomorrow.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:47 PM   #1780
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi guys!

Oh Shawna! Thats not cool!!!! I am so glad it wakes you up!!!! Scary! How did you feel today? Do you recover fairly quickly?

So are you taking a smaller dose tonight so that it doesn't drop again or is that not how it works?? In my ignorance I would thing its a positive sign that it dipped that low, that the diet is working towards lowering your number and not needing so much dope?

Well you were the little social butterfly yesterday weren't you?! I got a little giggle out of the thought of you and your friend hiding in the recesses of the grocery isle having your little meeting of the liar mind talks! All very hush hush! Did you ever read that book? Anything interesting???

Awww! The kids make a new friend every time they go to the park! How cute!!! Social butterfly's like their mom hey?

Yes, all dogs got a bath! I did not get to take them to the vet today though! ML was supposed to meet me at home at 3:30 so we could swap cars, he drives like a small SUV type thing, anyway you can lay the back seats down and the dogs can all fit in there. They are not going in my car! Anyway he had a root canal at 1 that went until after 4! So I missed the walk in appt times! Tomorrow I won't have time, they are open Sat so I will try then. I don't want to get a fine from the city over it! They did say the other 2 can get their shots early so I didn't even need to go near the switch!

We went and saw Identity Thief, it was cute, not great great but not a total waste

Last edited by lotus33; 03-28-2013 at 07:04 PM..
Old 03-28-2013, 06:48 PM   #1781
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlKickinIt View Post
Hi all. I'm feeling awful & going to bed. See you tomorrow.
Uh oh...you posted this while I was typing.

Sorry your feeling yucky!!!! Hope you wake up feeling so much better!!

I KNOW your feeling terrible!! Not 1 single smiley in that post!
Old 03-28-2013, 06:52 PM   #1782
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natosha120 View Post
ok back on lean protein after binging well new start

had 690calories so far tying to watch how much too..actually mix of lean or fatty but by calories see what amount i end up today and see what happens
Well, just let that go. Its done now and you can't change it. Just move forward and don't be too hard on yourself!

how did the rest of your day go??? Do you feel better about it then yesterday?
Old 03-28-2013, 06:59 PM   #1783
Blabbermouth!!!

Here is the daybed I got for SIL....pretty huh? I like it cause its very couchish<<<I just made that word up

Old 03-28-2013, 07:06 PM   #1784
Blabbermouth!!!

OK, going to go to bed too!

Lets all have better days tomorrow!!!
Old 03-29-2013, 08:40 AM   #1785
Blabbermouth!!!

Shawna and Naty~

Old 03-29-2013, 07:21 PM   #1786
Blabbermouth!!!

Well what a day

busy at work this am but then it slowed so we took off early and closed up shop

Ran over and looked at 3 more houses....all duds. Well, just more than I want to do is all. One was a great house and great price but....all electrical had been stripped out..uh no thanks

Went out and got dinner, then grocery shopped for the weekend. Was not feeling like going but since I am now hosting Easter I had to go Kids went to MIL to watch a movie and ML went to buy Easter basket things.

Also bought stuff to make cupcakes for ML workers on Sunday. Not that I want him to have to run into work then but its nice to do something for the people working that day

Think I am just going to grab a shower and go to bed.

Hope you girls had a good day
Old 03-29-2013, 09:07 PM   #1787
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi!! Just a short check in note here, before turning in. Alive & well...just feelin' puney...but getting better.
Loty, Thank you for your kind words of concern and sweet kitty hugs.
Your day sounds like it was verrrrry full!! Bet you're gonna enjoy the rests & sleeps tonight!! So very thoughtful of you to make cupcakes for ML's crew. I know they'll appreciate that he thinks of them so highly as to make a special trip in on his day off. That really speaks volumes. What a Good June you are to your Ward.
So Easter at the Loty's this year!! What wouldja like me to bring?!

I'll catch up more tomorrw. I'm penciled in to feel like a Rockstar by then.
Old 03-30-2013, 06:56 AM   #1788
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi all!! Happay~Saturday!!

Another quickie here!! I'm feelin' good & planning to get myself pulled together in order to run around a bit with the Hunkage. He's at his bible study right now. We're gonna trip on over to the next town over, and make a bo-zillion stops. He's working on creating plaster molds of a bridge of some sort for one of his train worlds & needs to gather goods for the project.
It's supposed to hit mid-high 60's today...so we'd like to get back in time to soak up the sunshine with the kids...maybe take them over to the pup park.

Loty what's on the Easter menu?! Who all are you having over?

What's going on today?!
Old 03-30-2013, 08:01 AM   #1789
Blabbermouth!!!

Phew!!!! Glad your back and feeling better!!!! Did you end up having to adjust the diet to feel better? I suspect it was bacon withdraw

Whatever it was...glad your back!

Today I just took Sunday to the vet. ML had to work so I still was not able to get all 3 in but whatev She needs to lose 7lbs She was 67, he really wants her at 58 but 60 would be ok. Poor baby girl...she also had a little bit of a yeast infection in her one ear so got some meds for that too.

Next up cleaning and laundry Super fun!!! This place is a disaster! Then cupcake time. I think ML is going to go drop them off tonight at closing time so that they are there first thing in the morning without having to go. Thats a good solution!

Yup, Easter at Lotyville....your all invited! Heck I am not even sure who all is coming. Going to be small though. MIL for sure, SIL.... who knows! That was the plan but now not sure. She was supposed to move in this weekend too, but I havent talked to her since Thursday so I am hoping maybe they made some progress. I just hope she is not giving in though....thats not progress! Uhg the more I think about the DB the madder I get!

So the menu ....since ya'll are wondering is the standard Easter meal, very carb loaded Let me know if your coming I will add some dishes that are better options!
I am not going hog wild since there aren't many people here

Ham
cheesy potato casserole
green bean casserole
corn souffle
veg and dip
Grilled pineapple
cornbread
ciabatta bread
cupcakes
cheesecake-I bought one instead of making one...gasp!!!
Old 03-30-2013, 09:38 AM   #1790
Blabbermouth!!!

I am so mad I could spit!

OMG....I wrote this whole long post about SIL and then realized what gobbly gook it was.

Anyway she caved in, going to stay home and also not coming for Easter now. Within a month she will be back to total misery but hey....you can lead a horse to water...can't make them drink right?

I am done getting invested in these things. Nobody listens to anyone, they have to learn on their own. I guess that is my lesson to learn, well to remember anyway. I know I didn't listen to people on things sometimes either. Hope she figures it out before life has passed her by!
Old 03-30-2013, 10:22 AM   #1791
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
hi all ok, been trying to get on track...researching, and questioning lol

2 days on a lean protein plan think might drop a little weight...

which happy for

my easter prob be as everyother day set up lol

steak/chicken/egg whites any lean meats and diet drinks possible lol

i hope u all the best
try be on more lol have great day all
Old 03-30-2013, 11:54 AM   #1792
Blabbermouth!!!

Naty!!

Glad your back on track!

What else do you have planned for tomorrow? You going anywhere or does anyone come over?
Old 03-30-2013, 04:37 PM   #1793
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh for cryin out loud!

Now SIL is staying here again until tues is all for now Will be here at noon tomorrow. Things must be getting bad again cause she is leaving him all alone. He is not going to go home now.

I can't keep up

Got 10 dz cupcakes made and packed off a bunch, I think we kept close to 3 here. So Ward ran off to deliver those to the peeps at work. Cruddy thing is he works 35 min away so its a good chunk of time to do it but better than tomorrow!!

Kids are dying eggs....I tried to eat one still can't peel eggs Its just gonna be one of those things I guess!

Going to go vac up the basement and laundry room to freshen up one last time. Also want to get a couple loads of laundry done. Maybe freshen the bathrooms as well. Where the heck is all the energy coming from
Old 03-30-2013, 04:41 PM   #1794
Blabbermouth!!!

A just asked could she have an egg....

Me~sure but I think they might be too warm or something mine wouldn't peel
A~oh well I am going to have one anyway...walks back with a perfectly peeled egg
Me~ what the heck A?!? how did you do that???
A~ I just crack it on the table and the shell pops right off
Me~ Whatever! I didn't want an egg anyway!
Old 03-30-2013, 06:19 PM   #1795
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Never-evvver known of a person who has had as much practice, yet disability, in the egg crackin' dept.!! I don't get it?!

Loty your SIL's roller coaster action......whoa. SO STRESSFUL!!

That's an unreal amount of cupcakes for one to bake!! How many cupcakes are you able to bake at a time?? When I bake anything, using the muffin tin...I'm only baking 12 of whatever at a time. If I have goods left over, that have to go in for another round...I think I'm straight up -SLAVING- and really not happy about the sitch!! I think you may be on a differnt level of June than I am!!

Yeah, where is all your energies coming from?! Kick down, man!!

Back in a second with more writings...
Old 03-30-2013, 06:35 PM   #1796
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So, for our Bonsai field trip today...

Humane Society Thrift shop~ Drop off piddly donates/browse.

Michael's Crafts~ Found some very -real- looking flowers, for a couple little wall hangy vase I picked up from an online store a while back. The vase lead came from Pinterest.

Shopko~Return.

Health Food Store~ Ran in for some Magnesuim. They were out. That was the MAIN reason that I especially wanted to go on the venture.

Bible store~ Picked up a cross necklace. I'm not certain if I'm stoked with it, yet. It may go back. Grabbed the Hunk a couple t-shirts & got a couple neato bookmarkers to include with some books for the Hunk's Ma & StepDad.

D's Hobbys~ I stayed in the car & read thru a mag. for this stop. I think train related track/special stuff was purchased in there.

Naty, Glad you're back & it sounds like you're feeling better & on track!!
Old 03-30-2013, 06:50 PM   #1797
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Loteage, your Easter menu sounds soooooo delish!! Your house is gonna smell so devine!! I wanna dive into that goodness!! MmMMMmm...and left-overs!!
Oh yeah, and you're so kind as to offer to make special dishes for me, but I think you're doing quite enough...so, I'll just make up a big batch of Vile Green to share!! Shots for everyone!!

Oh yeah...so as for the ickies the last couple days. Between the low BS the other night...and so much less protein than normal...obviously, coming from very high to very low protein...I think that's what's had me icked. Just an adjustment to endure. But, the BS's are keeping low, as well as the dope needs. As for the recovery time after a low BS...that can take a while. It really wreaks havoc on the whole system.

I REALLY like that day bed/couch you chose!! Wow!! What a neat, versitle piece of furniture!! Love the color too!!
Old 03-30-2013, 09:30 PM   #1798
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OoOoOoooh, pretty alternate colored piggies w/glitter!! Fancy Easter mani!!
I've got my tireds gettin' on me & it's past bedtime, so I'm gonna go turn it in!! ZZzZZzzzzzZZzzzzz

Y'all get your sleeps & rests on!! And I'll see ya tomorrow!!
Old 03-31-2013, 07:50 AM   #1799
Blabbermouth!!!

HAPPY EASTER TO MY PEEPS!!

Old 03-31-2013, 08:12 AM   #1800
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Easter my Frenz!! Annnd, Happy Sunday!!

Speaking of Sunday...what kind of diet is Sunday on? What's the game plan for her extra chub? Poor thing.
Ace ends up with the ear yucks quite a lot as well. His Pa gives him a squirt of dopes in the ear...mashes the ear around a bit, and then he seems to get some relief from his scratching, for a time.

June made an appearance in the kitchy this morning & made scrambled eggs & bacon. The Hunk noticed the bacony goodness smell pretty quick, and says in shock..."It smells like BACON!!". I said "Yeah, I'm making him some." He looked like he was gonna fall over, and in an exasperated & grateful way say's, "I didn't think that was EVER gonna happen again!!". Sooooo appreciative!!
<----Feeling very *June-ee* about this and compelled to straighten thy halo.

So, we're gettin' ready to church it up this morning. I'll need to make a stop at the market later & have to do a load of worky clothes as well. Aside from musts & have to's...it's gonna be just under 70* & I think we all oughtta soak it up...either in the back yard or the pup-park. We never did make it over there yesterday.

So, I wanna hear of all the fun that you guys are having or hope to have today!! Spill it!!

Oh yeah, B: 3 celerys & 1Tbsp Adam's peanut butter, and a shot of Vile G.
The verdict...28 days since I removed the fast acting dope, and 1 week since I've been munching raw-green exclusively...='s 9.5lb.'s down.
Closed Thread