Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2013, 12:51 PM   #1741
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
wow..yeah that sounds interesting big time..

I had set up about

4 steaks
butter
and
dozen eggs
seasoned

plenty of liquid

no more dairy just causes me to balloon up and feel headaches plus carbs not for me

keep to meat+fat = w/out fat got hungry alot n ill

so findings

fat=big important
carbs= bad bloat/guilt (fruit/bread)

Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2013, 01:08 PM   #1742
Senior LCF Member

curious of well nuts tho

but just need keep to what makes me feel good
Old 03-24-2013, 04:55 PM   #1743
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
WOE: mostly raw, plant based
Start Date: 9-1-14
Whoa...what a weekend!

I am just pooped!!!!

I started to write down everything and erased it! There is just so much and really none of it is terribly exciting and/or worth talking about!

Do have one big problem right now though. Mr. Loty drove down with DB to his brothers bachelor party in Detroit this weekend. Left Sat morning at 7 am and came home about 4 this afternoon. Well...... DB called his wife (so ML sister ) every name under the sun and kept saying all weekend if *she* didn't straighten up he was leaving. Lots more nasty things but too much to talk about. Long long back story on this but she has not done anything wrong. He is just such a jerk. ML was furious when he got home and just doesn't know what to do. He bit his tongue all weekend so as not to ruin the party, well also he had to ride home with DB today, but after all the horrible things he said about his sister I am not sure how this is going to play out. I feel like she deserves to know but also to butt out. The whole sitch is such a debacle!
We are also supposed to go to their house for Easter....uh no! I will not be able to keep the *switch* flipped in the off position at all!!! So to not cause so much drama I am backing out of Easter. What a mess. He is such a DB!!!!!!!!!!

Sep 1~223, Oct 1~210, Nov 1~207
Old 03-24-2013, 04:59 PM   #1744
Blabbermouth!!!

Ummm......I would totally join you in your new raw diet but I know it would only last about 2 hrs! I may run on over to youtube tonight and check out the vid though That way I can support your new plan!

how was the rest of the day/weekend??? i feel like I haven't *seen* you in forever!!!!!
Old 03-24-2013, 05:00 PM   #1745
Blabbermouth!!!

Naty hows it goin???? I can't even keep up with all your plans! Whats the verdict on the latest and greatest????

We ate sooo stinking much this weekend, I am making cabbage soup and eating that the next few days!
Old 03-24-2013, 08:17 PM   #1746
Blabbermouth!!!

I have 9 quarts of cabbage soup now if anybody wants some!

I am trying to think. Yes, its hard sometimes! I think we had so much going and so much company that it was like 5 straight days of eating out! Not cool!
Old 03-24-2013, 08:23 PM   #1747
Blabbermouth!!!

So after pondering on the ~to tell or not to tell~ my SIL her hubby is a DB I decided to tell. But, not a tell all. Just say that the problems she thought were worked out are alive and strong and need some serious attention ASAP. They were toying with starting a family this fall and I am terrified for them with this much hatred running through the relationship to bring a baby into the mix. So I will ask her to come over one night this week and break it to her nicely and hope I don't take the backlash for it. I can only figure that he was running his mouth to both of her brothers so that it would get back to her. We are all pretty tight and he knows that so that must be what he was wanting.

Ok, off to bed! Have a good night ladies!
Old 03-24-2013, 09:02 PM   #1748
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
Start Date: 9/20/2001
Wow Lote, what a tough spot to be in for you & ML. That's sooooo not right of the DB to put any of you in a position like that. It just seems really hurtful. Given the talk of adding to this happy little fam sitch, in the Fall,...I really think you're doing the right thing...providing SIL with the knowledge. All cards should be on the table. I also agree with the line of thinking that DB vented like he did, to who did...for a reason. That whole thing is just so irritating!! The fellow needs to buck up & grow up!! Ohhh, and no procreating for him. Please, NO!!

WOW....have some cabbage soup why dontcha?! I think you'll be able to purge off any offenses with that batch of soupage, in no time flat!!
So we'll both be veggin' it up, for at least a couple/few days. Good!! We'll have to live vicariously thru Naty for a bit.

So today has gone well with the Raw eats. I had 2 servings of the vile green super shake, some almonds, walnuts, brazil nuts, pumpkin seeds, some snap peas and a toasted nori wrap...using 1/2 avocado, spinach leaves, and broccoli slaw. That's how it went down!! That was pretty light eating for me though...portion wise. At first that was because I just didn't have much to choose from here at the house, was busy getting ready for the day...then I was out shopping for the goods, and then kinda -spent- by the time I got home & had to prep eats. I'll resume being more of a pork butt tomorrow. The BS's are really great tonight though...just 108!! Super!! We'll see how it goes tomorrow!!

Naty, you can come over & enjoy all the bacon, steak & lunch meat that you can handle...and butter....lots of that here too!! Come on over!!

Alright Girls...I'm gonna wind this party down a tad, pop some more supps & go get my read on!!

I'm so GLAD you're back Loty!! I missed you!!

Friday, Dec. 5th , 2014 = 182.5

Friday, Dec. 12th , 2014 =
Old 03-25-2013, 07:50 AM   #1749
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning my Peeps!!

Off to a fair start this morning. BS's were only 101. Weight was down 2lbs.'s.

Today is all about choring...tub scrubbin', dusting/pledging, washing the bedding, vac'ing the floors, sprucin' the powders and Pine Sol'ing stuff. Now who wants to volunteer to do it?? <---Which one of you raised your hand?? Loty, was that you?! Naty??

Made the kids some cheesy eggs for breaky. Mine was much less fancy.
B: 2X Macho Black Coffee-Vile Green-3 celerys-1 Tbsp Adams P. Butter.

What's on the agenda today?!
Old 03-25-2013, 09:31 AM   #1750
Blabbermouth!!!

Wow!!! FANTASTIC #'s today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I wasn't at work I would totally come help you clean today!!! Way more fun than my morning!

That stupid jerk TOM has taken another victim in his nasty clutches! My poor baby got her first visit this am I am so sad for her. Not sure why, just am. I let her stay home today. ML is having a freak out and has excused her from going to school all week! Yup, hes having a total breakdown!

K...gotta go, catch~ya later
Old 03-25-2013, 01:04 PM   #1751
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Awwwe, poor Little G. Yeah, I can see where that would make you feel sad. I bet she really appreciates being able to stay home today. It's odd to think...but this day will probably be etched into her memory, forever. Weird huh? That is kind of a crack up about ML & his reaction. A week off from school?? Poor guy. I can't even really relate to the feelings he must be having, surrounding the whole thing. It must just feel like a lot.
Prior to becoming aware that this was going down...were there any signs...like her acting more Emo over the last couple days?

I had a yuck lunch. All would have been well & fine, but I went and added waaaay too much ACV to my half avocado, that I was trying to turn into a dressing, for my heavily -Greeeenily- loaded salad. BLECK!! There was no making that right!! Ewww...gurge-a-tron action.

I've made it about half way thru my chore list. Guess I'd have been done by now, iffi's -somebody- was to have been willing to come help!!
<---Totally ashamed at how dusty I had let our master bedroom overhead fan get. Whoa!! I recall that last time I cleaned it, I made a mental note of how easy it was to clean & how I'd be certain to go at it much more frequently in the future. NOPE!! Disgusting, June!!

Loty, do you have any rental prospects on your mind as of late?
Old 03-25-2013, 07:52 PM   #1752
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Every last chore that was hoped to be done...is done!! Oh wait, except the sheets in the dryer I forgot about, till this very sec. Which of course will need to follow with the bed making. Arrrg!! Here I thought I was totally done!! NO!!

Guess what came in the mail today?! Yeah, Richard S. showed up!! I *watched* all 3 of the vids. Two are actual exercise vids, one a cardio/dance & the other a toning/dance. The other is a special message from him to me.
I'm looking forward to jammin' out tomorrow morning!! When I preveiwed these this evening, I only did it on my laptop...so wasn't able to crank it up. Tomorrow AM, it's gonna be hoppin' in here & loud!! BOOM-BOOM!!

I'm considering cutting the coffee out all together. It's gonna take some testing, with the BS monitor, to know forsure...but I suspect that even the straight black java is raising my BS's.
Last week I cut my chewing Gum out, because of the Cinnamon Gum mouth injuries that I'd sustained. I tried replacing it with other flaves...but it's just not the same!! So, I eliminated it. Now the coffee is in jeopardy. I reckon that would be the end of the line for all of my vices at that point. Oh except for being soooo lazy & sedentary. That's a biggie I need to work on.

So...enough ramblings over here. I'm gonna go see if it's time to put the bed back together.

What's going on with everyone else?!
Old 03-25-2013, 08:11 PM   #1753
Blabbermouth!!!

so much to talk about so little time!

Nighty night ladies!!!

wish I had nice clean sheets right now!
Old 03-26-2013, 07:51 AM   #1754
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning friends!!!

Whats on the old game plan for today?????

hey Naty where ya been??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlKickinIt View Post
Prior to becoming aware that this was going down...were there any signs...like her acting more Emo over the last couple days?

I made a mental note of how easy it was to clean & how I'd be certain to go at it much more frequently in the future. NOPE!! Disgusting, June!!

Loty, do you have any rental prospects on your mind as of late?

She has been a little for the last couple of months. But she really is doing great. However....its just a baby visit! LOL What until its full on going steady ya know?

Tsk Tsk...June! So how many times did ya bop your head cleaning it? In our old house we had one over the bed and I would bop my head all the time!

That makes me remember one time ML woke up in a start and jumped straight up and caught his head in the moving fan...then went straight down!

I went and looked in the windows of about 5 more the other day....this was the most promising. So I am touring it on Fri. Cross your fingers!!!

613 Burns, Essexville, MI 48732

Quote:

Guess what came in the mail today?! Yeah, Richard S. showed up!! I *watched* all 3 of the vids. Two are actual exercise vids, one a cardio/dance & the other a toning/dance. The other is a special message from him to me.
I'm looking forward to jammin' out tomorrow morning!! When I preveiwed these this evening, I only did it on my laptop...so wasn't able to crank it up. Tomorrow AM, it's gonna be hoppin' in here & loud!! BOOM-BOOM!!

I'm considering cutting the coffee out all together. It's gonna take some testing, with the BS monitor, to know forsure...but I suspect that even the straight black java is raising my BS's.
Last week I cut my chewing Gum out, because of the Cinnamon Gum mouth injuries that I'd sustained. I tried replacing it with other flaves...but it's just not the same!! So, I eliminated it. Now the coffee is in jeopardy. I reckon that would be the end of the line for all of my vices at that point. Oh except for being soooo lazy & sedentary. That's a biggie I need to work on.

That made me LOL!!!!! What was his *special* message to you?????

Whoa! Slow down why don't ya!!!??? You sure rocked the casbah yesterday! Hoping to follow in your footsteps today and get tons done here!

no gum
no coffee
no meat
vile green drinks

I feel like I hardly know you anymore!

But you can't discount those #'s can you!? Whats on the menu for today? Do you have some recipies to try?
Old 03-26-2013, 07:54 AM   #1755
Blabbermouth!!!

Ok, gotta get to gettin!

Meeting with a lawyer to get the LLC set up. Did I tell you the name of it yet? If not its ~ G & A properties LLC.

Then tax lady again

Then home to work my patooty off!

BBL!
Old 03-26-2013, 10:41 AM   #1756
Senior LCF Member

hi all i've been bad been upset at my weight and well yesterday and half today no luck.. on being good to self..

question if i lets say got sick at every meal can i just begin a new approach this afternoon? or no
Old 03-26-2013, 11:03 AM   #1757
Blabbermouth!!!

Please do.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:16 PM   #1758
Blabbermouth!!!

Well been just a working away! I really want to sit and eat but I have my tops weigh in tomorrow so I am trying very hard to refrain!

So far today

B~1 grapefruit, 2 bacon, 3 eggs
L~1 grapefruit, 2 bowls of poo~poo oh I mean cabbage soup

So been totally redoing the basement and trying to get it ready for a possible tenant SIL is most likely going to stay with us for awhile. Hoping some distance from DB will snap him back to reality! So I have been reorganizing and rearranging. Also say a bed online I may buy. We have that futon down there but its terrible!

We ended up talking to her last night. it went well actually. I am glad we did it so she is informed but of coarse it causes all sorts of other problems. Oh well
Old 03-26-2013, 02:50 PM   #1759
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Girls!!

Just a quick run through for now, as I've gotta wrap some things up around here before I head out to pick up the Hunk from work. I've got the car because I had a handful of stops to make in the next town over. I only made it through half of my errands & then I started to feel really mirked out. So, I cut it short & came home. I totally missed 2 of the most important stops too.
Worst than that...was the dressing room experience!! HORRIBLE!! Lord have mercy!! There were double mirrors...front/back views. NO!! That just turned into a fat-loath session right there on the spot!!

I'll check back in the ya gals in a bit!!
Old 03-26-2013, 07:34 PM   #1760
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Loty, oh my goodness about the roomie sitch!! That's really kind of you guys to open the homestead up for "People under the Stairs". That was a movie, from years ago. If you don't know anything about it...then you might wanna refrain from gettin' your -watch on-, till after your house guest vacates.
So the DB is aware that all the cards are on the table & how it came about? Akward!! I'm Glad to hear that SIL was able to absorb the info., and start thinkin' in terms of cutting the DB off for a time. Maybe this will be the -break- they need, to get some perspective on this relationship & future plans together.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:38 PM   #1761
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm with ya on wantin' to chow tonight!! And like you...I'm refraining because of wanting the biggest/baddest results possible on the scale action tomorrow. It's just gotttttta be good news for us!!
Old 03-26-2013, 07:40 PM   #1762
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Naty!! Yes, forsure...if the plan you're on isn't working for you...make some changes. It makes no sense to keep trying to -work- something that's not working for you.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:52 PM   #1763
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Loty, lovin' the G & A Properties LLC name!! How exciting!!
I like the looks of the current prospect!! Will ML be able to peek at that one with you on Friday as well?

That's just awful about ML jumpin' into the bedroom fan!! Witnessing that sorta thing would have me re-cracking up about it for yearrrrs!!

Richards note was short & sweet. Just encouraging to keep at it!! I kept at it for a full 20 min.'s this morning. I'm happy he doesn't try telling me to get on the floor!!

My menu is gross & I'm not a fan. Today was a Vile Green shot, walnuts, almonds, PLAIN zucchini , some slices of Cucumber, half an avocado, and a few snap peas. I'll need to figure out some great recipes to make this sitch sustainable, forsure.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:23 PM   #1764
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh goodness, well for today it is sure she will be staying with us for an indeterminate amount of time. A few days....weeks...months? Got everything ready for her, going to go buy 2 of those covered clothing racks so she has somewhere to hang things. Then order that new daybed too.

They unfortunately have deep incompatibilities, they met when they were older on an online dating forum, and I think both were desperate and just thought they could live with the differences. Things were good while *dating* but real life is not going so well. Now he is just being wicked and bratty! He is going home for Easter (4 hrs away) she will move out then. Start counseling and try to get on some sort of the same life path. I fear it is a goal that won't be met but will help her anyway I can.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:29 PM   #1765
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Boy oh boy...that sounds so stressful. What's your gut tell you on this? Do you think this is the beginning of the end?
SIL is really fortunate to have a safe place to fall, with you & ML.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:36 PM   #1766
Blabbermouth!!!

No ML won't go, he trusts my judgment. He will never bother to look until after its bought. He never even looked at our house. He doesn't care what I do, just says home is where the girls and I are, the dwelling doesn't matter.

Uh....your eats DO look gross!!! So your more or less vegetarian as well. Maybe you will have to do a tweak and add some meats. Is it the food choices or the non cooking that is more desirable? Its a lot of veg.

I ate a crap load for dinner, but I bet it wasn't toooo bad calorie wise.

1 grapefruit, 1 cup poo~poo soup, side salad with ranch, 3 chicken tenders. But whoa I was full!

for a good weigh in tomorrow!!!!
Old 03-26-2013, 08:45 PM   #1767
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Boy oh boy...that sounds so stressful. What's your gut tell you on this? Do you think this is the beginning of the end?
SIL is really fortunate to have a safe place to fall, with you & ML.
Oh I think its the beginning of the end. I don't think it will be a fast thing. She is feeling a lot of self hatred and failure right now. She will try and try but eventually will come to the conclusion its a lost cause. Her friends even held an intervention after they were dating just only a couple of months trying to reason with her then! The signs are obvious to everyone else. They will be married 2 years in July and there have been 3 other near separations!

Oh well, all you can do is be there when it all crumbles and help pick up the pieces
Old 03-26-2013, 08:47 PM   #1768
Blabbermouth!!!

So how did you like the DVD's? I used to have fun doing them. I love looking at the cheesy outfits!!
Old 03-26-2013, 09:11 PM   #1769
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Your dinn sounds Gooood!! Even the poopsoup!! It doesn't really look like a whole lot to me. I hope your grapefruit ushers everything on out by tomorrow mornings weigh in!!

Yeah, I'd love to add back in the meatie...but that's a full on no go with this particular program. It's all raw veg. The hard part of this, is all of it!! Raw veg vs. cooked...whoa....yeah, I'm not normally inclined to choose that. Plus, I would not only cook/steam my veg, but also load it w/mayo. No dice on that anymore. NO meat...no dairy....of course no fruit or grains, because of the sugar spikes. BUT, my BS's look good. At 7pm I tested at 96!! Sooooo, there's a trade off for everything. I'm sure I'll adapt. I'll just need to discover how to put things together, in order to make them more tolerable. I didn't go into this with high expectations of -enjoying- the grub right away. I'm just desperate to reduce the need for the insulin, so I decided to just dive in, after hearing the results of the others that had taken the raw-vegg plunge !!

I reallllly like the Richard vids!! I love that their outfits are bright/fun and that the exercisers aren't a bunch of athletic waifs!! It's comforting to see other pork chops out there pushin' themselves. It motivates me!!

That's so hard...what SIL is up against. And for her family & friends...when the writing is so clearly written on the walls.
You're a real rock star of a human being to help catch her during this fall.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:12 PM   #1770
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey did I tell you ML made the front of the website for the college? LOL Not sure why but they put his pic on there!

Its the last of the 3 big pics, you can't miss it

Delta College
Closed Thread