Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2013, 07:26 AM   #1591
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
WOE: Atkins-Bernstien-High FAT
Start Date: 9/20/2001
So, -someone- has been mentioning that they're getting overly warm during the night, now that the temps have lifted a bit. Well, enough whining!! I pulled the Winter flannels off & remade the ~Love Boat~ with Spring time sheets...washed once...not Rainman-twice. Dirty heathen!!
They're my fave sheets...the microfiber high count.
Next up over here is to dry the flannels and unload the dishwasher.

Come on slackers, where ya at & what are ya up to?!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2013, 09:13 AM   #1592
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
aww ty girls , i guess 1 thing love is food no more fears of calories etc..

just wonder if heavy cream. will mess me up if add lol but i soooooooooooo hook to it like a drug lol..i can down 2 8ozs lol easily lol

ty for the comment
...my twin, is identical but now don't look alike as much.. i'm older by 1min..25yrs old lol be 26 in april on the 20th.. my sis is in boston for new car with her fiance...and odd but he's 56 lol and famous guy for string guitarist. David Paul.. so she has it made with a billionaire lol..

how do you line a bag lol
because is tricky solomon stitch or aka lovers knot is very holey lol
i am so glad you guys don't hate me.. chatting about my diet, reason i'm never ever accepted in any forum , always annoy people with questions.

i'm so greatful found your forum

ty
xox
Old 03-12-2013, 09:35 AM   #1593
Senior LCF Member

lunch was rich lol

4tblspoons butter topping 12oz steak 4servings cheese cheddar coby and 2servs of blue cheese creamy
garlic blk pepper parsley lol rich lol

bad sleeping lately 3hrs a night lol...
get odd hunger pains, ill feel but loads butter feel better lol
Old 03-12-2013, 09:45 AM   #1594
Senior LCF Member

nap day super tired or just try too lol
Old 03-12-2013, 11:24 AM   #1595
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
Stats: 220/214/130
WOE: smash up of a few
Start Date: 3-17-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlKickinIt View Post
Goodmorning!!

On todays agenda ---> Choring w/heavy emphasis on staying busy/active. Annnnd, occasional breaks, to read some of the library reads that others have put dibbs on & are making me return tomorrow.

So I'm down 4.5 lb.'s, since removing the fat maker Novolog dope, 9'ish days ago. My BS's are steady & lower than I've ever been able to keep them before, with just using the Levimir, long lasting dope, and keeping the carbage low. So Thankful!! & HAPPY!!

Whatcha all up to today?!
:jump joy:

That is just beyond awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the heck!!!???? Why are so many peeps after that book??? Maybe its something I have to look into?

Very funny!!!! Meself and Adam talk alike!

Quote:
I hear that "The Hobbit" is being released on DVD, for sale, on March 19th...for those that got away with not having to endure it in the theatre.

Uh gee....thanks for that PSA! Get right on that one!

Oh and....not slacking! Working Wish I was at home though! The littles both stayed home sick

Quote:
Originally Posted by natosha120 View Post
aww ty girls , i guess 1 thing love is food no more fears of calories etc..

just wonder if heavy cream. will mess me up if add lol but i soooooooooooo hook to it like a drug lol..i can down 2 8ozs lol easily lol

ty for the comment
...my twin, is identical but now don't look alike as much.. i'm older by 1min..25yrs old lol be 26 in april on the 20th.. my sis is in boston for new car with her fiance...and odd but he's 56 lol and famous guy for string guitarist. David Paul.. so she has it made with a billionaire lol..

how do you line a bag lol
because is tricky solomon stitch or aka lovers knot is very holey lol
i am so glad you guys don't hate me.. chatting about my diet, reason i'm never ever accepted in any forum , always annoy people with questions.

i'm so greatful found your forum

ty
xox

This guy????

Uhg....no offense personally I couldn't stomach dating someone that could be my Dad! But hey folks do it all the time! If they are happy good for them!

To line it you would just get some material and sew a pouch about the same size and then stitch it in around the top of the bag. That way nothing falls out!
Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction
Ends up being the biggest step of your life.
Tip toe if you must,
but take the step.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:25 PM   #1596
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

YO-Chicks!!

Awwe, poor little Little's. That's no good. I bet you're eager to get back home to them. I hope you're able to share a low key & restful evening with them. And, that you don't pick up any sicky-ickies.

Naty, that was a ritchy-rich lunch wasn't it?! Whoa!! YUMM!!
I'm Glad you found us too!!

I made huge loaded Spinach salads for lunches, and -brilliantly- stored half of mine, before adding any dressings to it. << BOWING >> during the loud applause from the proud-crowd.

The last *to-do* for the afternoon is likely gonna be hitting the floors with the mop. Oh yeah, and I need to give the humidifiers a thorough cleaning, and handle a bit more office filing. And-and...think about it any longer & I'll come up with more.

I may try to catch another episode of the kitchy hospital this eve. That was really cool!!
Old 03-12-2013, 02:01 PM   #1597
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
nap day super tired or just try too lol
Time to wake up!!!

Actually totally jealous! I WANT A NAP!!! Booo!
Old 03-12-2013, 02:12 PM   #1598
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
YO-Chicks!!

Awwe, poor little Little's. That's no good. I bet you're eager to get back home to them. I hope you're able to share a low key & restful evening with them. And, that you don't pick up any sicky-ickies.

Naty, that was a ritchy-rich lunch wasn't it?! Whoa!! YUMM!!
I'm Glad you found us too!!

I made huge loaded Spinach salads for lunches, and -brilliantly- stored half of mine, before adding any dressings to it. << BOWING >> during the loud applause from the proud-crowd.

The last *to-do* for the afternoon is likely gonna be hitting the floors with the mop. Oh yeah, and I need to give the humidifiers a thorough cleaning, and handle a bit more office filing. And-and...think about it any longer & I'll come up with more.

I may try to catch another episode of the kitchy hospital this eve. That was really cool!!

Poor littles! There are sick. Well one good thing I don't have to get up tomorrow at the butt crack of dawn to take her to flute practice! yeah we are all sleeping in!

Jeesh, this new you is just a bundle of energy!!! No and...and..and..take a break! MIL was here all day and got bored and did my laundry for me! That used to totally creep me out but today...I don't care! Good check that off the list!

Stopped and got some stuff to make chicken noodle soup at a butcher shop that has a produce dept. Anyway...got 3 lbs of bacon and the kid behind the counter eyes BUGGED out of his head when I said 3lbs. Uh don't look at me like that kid! Yes the fat lady wants 3 lbs of bacon....back of jack! After he wrapped it he came back eyes still bugging and was like ...anything else. But said it like ...there can't possibly be anything else is there???! I don't even think 3 lbs is a lot All I could think was remember when Rob hit that sale and you had like 57 packs of bacon...that kid would have had a coronary!
Old 03-12-2013, 02:18 PM   #1599
Blabbermouth!!!

What did you put in your spinach salad? That totally reminds me of that strawberry/spinach salad! Boy I love that stuff!

Which episode are you going to watch next? I found it completely interesting as well! I think I saw some other interesting series while I was looking for that one. Will have to check and let you know!
Old 03-12-2013, 02:36 PM   #1600
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah...maybe just let that meat packin' boy at the counter know, you've got a friend who can chow a whole POUND all by herself & ain't afraid to do it and has no shame about it!! SO THERE LITTLE MAN!! Was he by chance a boy in need of a few lb.'s himself? Bet he was!! He's probably one of those amatuer wimps that takes only 2 strips of bacon with his breakfast & calls it good. Tssssssh....lose!! Do it right, or don't do it all, boy!!
OoOOooOh, sicky~chicky soup!! Great plan!! Bet the Little's will remember for all of the rest of their years, that their Mom made them sicky~chicky when they were sick.
Yay for not having to go to early morning flute practice!! I agree, everyone needs to stay in bed...sleep in & get their rest on!! Yes.

Well, I watched Ep. 1 last night...so for the sake of OCD'ing purposes...it would be Great to go onto Ep. 2. I'm realllly curious to see if they have any type 1 dopers, like myself. Nonetheless...it's all very interesting!!

Spinach salad...you ready for this?!
Fresh baby Spinach
Black Olives
Green Olives w/Garlic & Jalapeno in them
Marinated Arti-hearts
Sharp Cheddar
Pastrami
Hardboiled Egg
Spicy Chunky Salsa
Sweet Peas
Celery
Kidney Beans
Garbanzo Beans
Pepperoncinis
Ranch
Bacon Bits

I think that's it!!
Old 03-12-2013, 03:25 PM   #1601
Senior LCF Member

no nap just like lov weight same n all had senna tonight get cleansed think do to dehydration const. pains
Old 03-12-2013, 04:05 PM   #1602
Senior LCF Member

got bored trying to think lol so quick design
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo_00661.jpg (33.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Photo_00662.jpg (28.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Photo_00663.jpg (32.6 KB, 2 views)
Old 03-12-2013, 04:31 PM   #1603
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow!! Neato Naty!! You're able to make such neat things, and fasssst too!!
Are you drinking enough water Nat? Ya know that tv program that Loty sent a link to last night, called "Kitchen Hospital", had an interesting comparison, using twin brothers...one was put on a high fiber diet and one on meats-cheese...and pretty much anything that didn't involve fruit/veggie. This experiment went on for one week. Their bowel movements were tracked during this period of time. The brother who was on a high fiber diet, had something like 19 BM's...where as his twin brother...on the Low fiber diet, only went 4 times. What a difference!!
Do you take any supplements/vitamins?
Old 03-12-2013, 04:32 PM   #1604
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Yeah...maybe just let that meat packin' boy at the counter know, you've got a friend who can chow a whole POUND all by herself & ain't afraid to do it and has no shame about it!! SO THERE LITTLE MAN!! Was he by chance a boy in need of a few lb.'s himself? Bet he was!! He's probably one of those amatuer wimps that takes only 2 strips of bacon with his breakfast & calls it good. Tssssssh....lose!! Do it right, or don't do it all, boy!!
OoOOooOh, sicky~chicky soup!! Great plan!! Bet the Little's will remember for all of the rest of their years, that their Mom made them sicky~chicky when they were sick.
Yay for not having to go to early morning flute practice!! I agree, everyone needs to stay in bed...sleep in & get their rest on!! Yes.

Well, I watched Ep. 1 last night...so for the sake of OCD'ing purposes...it would be Great to go onto Ep. 2. I'm realllly curious to see if they have any type 1 dopers, like myself. Nonetheless...it's all very interesting!!

Spinach salad...you ready for this?!
Fresh baby Spinach
Black Olives
Green Olives w/Garlic & Jalapeno in them
Marinated Arti-hearts
Sharp Cheddar
Pastrami
Hardboiled Egg
Spicy Chunky Salsa
Sweet Peas
Celery
Kidney Beans
Garbanzo Beans
Pepperoncinis
Ranch
Bacon Bits

I think that's it!!
Wowza! That was a looaad~ded salad! YUM!

Yup, you nailed it! Kid was a skinny mini and young young young. Goofy punk! If he has the same attitude next time I will for sure let him know you are gonna kick it!

Yes I do think I saw there was an episode with a diabetic, not sure type 1 or 2 though.

Quote:
got bored trying to think lol so quick design
Hey you should stop thinking more often! Cute!
Old 03-12-2013, 04:38 PM   #1605
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Loty, how do the girls seem to be fairing this evening? Do you have a relaxy evening planned?

Yeah, clearly the tiny little punk doesn't know how we women folk chow!!
Old 03-12-2013, 04:50 PM   #1606
Blabbermouth!!!

G went to her room, she is just being quiet, tired I think. A is on the couch with the hound dog. She has a fever and upset stomach, probably from all the drainage.

Yup we are chillin. We just watched BL, next week is the finally.

I think I am going to head on over to you tube and watch an episode, A turned on disney so might as well!

What you guys up to tonight?? How are you doing with the time change adjustments? I am always amazed how much it affects me!
Old 03-12-2013, 05:20 PM   #1607
Blabbermouth!!!

I can't find any episodes! Then went to the link I had on here and it said it was taken down

If you find one let me know! I sure hope they didn't take them all off. What good is trying to teach people when you can't access them!
Old 03-12-2013, 06:00 PM   #1608
Senior LCF Member

feel bad eating more..no gain seems appetite after 2-3hrs..

hmm n all fat lol i eat

why not sleeping well..gut hurts head hurts food on mind weak etc..

scared b way over 3500 aftr thisvmeal tho never gained just same n light lol feel

hmm well this guess is best to not starve self lol body needs food and i'm gonna feast lol
Old 03-12-2013, 06:16 PM   #1609
Senior LCF Member

after 32oz liquid knew tru hunger hour later worse pains lol

no bigggy lov feasting lol
Old 03-12-2013, 06:28 PM   #1610
Senior LCF Member

hey question if i avoided my appetite..would that mean my body might feel starved and i know wouldn't be sleeping well or at all..

hmm but is that meaning of starvationand to hold on to calories rather burn them?

hmm...
Old 03-12-2013, 07:27 PM   #1611
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh i would think if your hungry.....eat. I just don't know on the starvation mode thing. I wouldn't think one night would make that happen, plus how much are you really burning while you sleep anyway? If your so hungry its keeping you awake you better go eat
Old 03-12-2013, 08:31 PM   #1612
Blabbermouth!!!

Been trying to stay up to talk to ML but I can't do it anymore Been texting but they are still at dinner with all the people so who knows how much longer it will be.

Maybe tomorrow

good night ladies!
Old 03-12-2013, 08:37 PM   #1613
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Naty, I don't know what I think about the science behind the starvation mode deal...but I do think it's likely that it upsets the natural flow of the body. I think it's alright to go to bed feeling a -little- hungry...but not so hungry that you have major stomache pains & it keeps you up at night. I think I'd quelch the hunger by popping a hardboiled or some cheese. Just a thought.

Loteage, I hope that's not right about the videos being removed!! No!!

So you're having a tricky time with the time change, huh? That's a drag!! I decided I was just gonna ignore everything about it...once we changed all the clocks & pretend that everything was status quo. So, the lie has worked!!

The Hunk & Ace have been playing with their slot cars all evening, on the living room floor. Rob races them around & Ace has been focused on biting them off the track as they whiz by. So funny!!

I've been putting some little mini care packages together for some old friends back in California, organizing the office...and watching the silly entertainment on the floor.

I hope your Little people are feeling better by tomorrow morning.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:51 PM   #1614
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Poor Loty...missin' ML. That's so hard. I'm Glad you two were able to at least chitty chat a bit, thru the text. That's so tough to be away from your fave person. I totally feel for you.
Yes, maybe some phone time tomorrow. Get your sleeps on & rebuke any sickness from comin' atcha!!
Nighty~Night!! See you tomorrow!!
Old 03-13-2013, 06:35 AM   #1615
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning!!

Last night as we were about to head to bed, Ace got up from a nap & started crying and got up from his bed. He'd cried out maybe 3/4 times earlier in the afternoon/evening and seemed to be having pain in his top hip area. Yet he is also able to walk/run too...and without limping. Anyway, we wondered if this was just a joint pain sorta thing. So Rob suggested we give him a half asprin. When he suggested that, right on the heels of the little baby crying out, I just popped up & ran over to get the asprin. I hurridly cut it in half and put it into a bowl of mashy canned goodness and gave it to Ace. We got him to bed & went to bed ourselves. As I'm laying there, I'm thinking...wait a minute, when I hear of folks giving their dogs asprin...it's always a low dose baby asprin...and they cut THAT in half...NOT a 325mg regular strength asprin!! So I google it up & to my horror, I think what I'm seeing is that people are suggesting about 10mg.'s per pound. Ace is probably about 20 lb.'s, maybe. So I may not have fully killed him with that dose of roughly 160mg.'s. But, when I first read that info....I read it as 10mg's for each TEN pounds and I thought I had totally murdered him & at the very least probably caused him horrible organ damage. Uggghhh!! I also read that to avoid the tummy hurts, it should be a -buffered- asprin. OK...so I guess I'll shop that out for the baby. He seems to be doing fine this morning. That's stressful!!
Old 03-13-2013, 07:01 AM   #1616
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So how are the little Littles feeling this morning Lote? Did you guys all get good rests last night??
What's your plannage for the day? Lay low or havin' some fun?

Naty, how are things going with you this morning? What are you up to today?!
Old 03-13-2013, 08:22 AM   #1617
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh....poor Ace!!! Wonder what it was? he was playing all afternoon fine

Aww....I bet you were upset! for what its worth, as long as you aren't giving him aspirin several times a day everyday once in awhile isn't going to hurt him or give him stomach ulcers. The uncoated is what used to always be recommended, not sure when that changed, cripe you know how things are! One day its good for you the next day it will kill you! Anyway, 1/2 an uncoated aspirin is perfect! Never tylenol though! If it seems like he is getting arthritis I think rymidil is what they usually get put on for inflammation. Poor boy! How old is he?
Old 03-13-2013, 08:41 AM   #1618
Blabbermouth!!!

So ML texted, at this very moment he is watchin Wayne Newton perform! LOL That was the opening act for the meeting this am!

The littles are ok, both stayed home again, but G could have gone. She woke up sounding cruddy but is fine now. Oh well, one more day at home isn't going to hurt.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:08 AM   #1619
Blabbermouth!!!

So the new and improved diet plan.

Been looking around and trying to get a formula for all the health benefits I want and/or need.

This is what I came up with, sort of combining 3 diets. Really all 3 are fairly similar just slight differences.

*First the carbohydrate lovers diet. I like this because it works on reducing insulin spikes but also allows for a treat if wanted. That formula is

B-VLC 50% protein 50% veg
L-VLC 50% protein 50% veg
D- 1/3 protein, 1/3 veg, 1/3 carb -must be eaten within 1 hour
no snacking

The breakfast seems to be a big problem for me on this, can't figure that one out and even the book really doesn't follow the formula given But the dinner outline is good, so if I want to have carbs either in the form of carby veg or more of a dessert it will be within the 1/3 to balance out any huge spikes.

*Along with that though instead of watching carb count I will be focusing more on glycemic index of foods to help with insulin as well and try to get my triglycerides lower with diet alone. So food choices will be based on the GI value.

*Then also combine the diet formula of the grapefruit diet, grapefruits have lots of benefits and are low GI. Mostly following the breakfast and lunch of this and then dinner will be low GI foods but with the CAD twist that if I want dessert then whatever...have one.

Grapefruit Diet Menu (Unofficial Mayo Clinic Diet)

Breakfast:
1/2 grapefruit or 4 oz. unsweetened grapefruit juice
2 eggs (prepared in any way)
2 slices bacon

Lunch:
Unlimited meat prepared in any way
Salad with dressing of your choice

Dinner:
Unlimited meat or fish prepared in any way
Vegetables cooked in butter or any seasoning

So thats the plan Stan! Started adding in the grapefruits a few days ago and love it! Which is weird I didn't use to like them much, my taste buds must have changed. i do add a sprinkle of stevia to them though, seriously just a pinch so should probably just drop that and see if I still like them. After I eat them I squeeze as much juice out as I can and drink that too

Going to just keep a bunch of bacon on hand cooked, and then I did up 12 eggs in muffin tins so I can pop them in the microwave or have a hard boiled for breakfast. Have to keep this planned or it will never happen!

Lunch-easy, grapefruit and loaded salads with ranch

Dinner-grapefruit and then you know...whatever low GI food and keep with the CAD formula.

water water water, tea, and no snacking. I need to get ML on plan too because he makes me eat at night! He is a big night snacker and I can't let him eat alone!!!

Anyway, on April 15th I have a Dr. appt with my gyn and she will do bloodwork again so hoping in a month I see some improvement on the numbers.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:20 AM   #1620
Senior LCF Member

not sure just doodling w/ markers lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo_00665.jpg (50.7 KB, 1 views)
Closed Thread