Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2012, 09:36 PM   #121
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
WOE: Atkins-Bernstien-High FAT
Start Date: 9/20/2001
Yes!! I do know that *watching it 1st* rule!! It's most certainly a down right requirement...for safety reasons & such!! Awesome that you've taken the first step!! You'll have those striking-abs in no time!! POW!!
Most excellent that you got some walking in and some pup-play!!

Good for your SIL for takin' off the poundage!! How has she went about it? I bet she's feelin' loads better!! That's Great!! Wish she could work on some of our extra pounds for a bit...beings she's already so good at it!!

I've seen folks behave the way you describe, towards women who dote on their husbands, like I do...but I've never been the receiver of it. Quite the opposite. I think people recognize that it takes a lot of effort to keep a happy marriage and that it's a really worthwhile investment, to treat your spouse as best as you can. It's very uplifting for both the giver/receiver to be cherished...and it's very much TWO sided in our relationship. We both look for opportunities to anticipate the needs/wants of the other...and try to do whatever we can to lighten the others load or bring them joy/fun/love.
I would encourage anyone/everyone to lavish praise on their spouse, often, spoil them as much as ya can, as if they're really something to celebrate!! They're not likely to turn rotten from it, as much as they're likely to be appreciative of the efforts & wanna return the favor, in their own way.
It really just boils down to being kind. I offer the same consideration to Rob, as I would to a guest in our home...on many levels. I treat him like he's someone I think very highly of & want to bring happiness to. I LIKES him!! And he knows it!!

Turkey on the grill?! Wow...I bet that tastes better than any turkey I've ever had!! Maybe if we prepared it like that...*someone* would enjoy it enough to want it?! Do you use a gas grill for that? How many centuries do you grill it for? We have a charcoal BBQ. I wonder if it would burn long enough to cook one?! Hmmmm, so many wondering wonders now.
Your choice to nix the turkey & stick with ham only sounds like a good plan...with there being fewer guests & all.

I borrowed a DVD from the library for the Hunk...all about model trains. There were billions of them on the video, runnin' around on there!! So many neat/creative layouts. He was thrilled to see it & got some ideas for his own projects. I fell asleep before it finished.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2012, 07:55 AM   #122
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

B: Cinnamon Mock Danish & Coffee w/hwc
Recumbented for 20 resistant minutes.
TOM & I are going steady as of this am.
He likes me packin' extra pounds!! How are things going with your visit?

Sure am THANKFUL that I'm not puttin' on any kinda shindig over here today!! I tell ya sometimes things just work out right!!

I hope your day is running smoothly!!
Old 11-22-2012, 09:44 AM   #123
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
Stats: 220/214/130
WOE: smash up of a few
Start Date: 3-17-14
Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!!!

Just wanted to stop in for a quick hello!

Check back in with ya tonight!
Old 11-22-2012, 06:23 PM   #124
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi, Hi, Hi!

Hope you and the Hunk had a great jammie/hammy day!!!!

Stupid TOM's getting ya huh!? Him and I are still having word but the relationship is on its way out! First one since the procedure, was hoping it would be a little less intense that it was but what do ya do?? Just it only goes for a normal amount of days!

So I was in bed last night and Mr.Loty comes to bed and I was cracking up...he must think I am nuts! I also offer a nightly turn down service. "Uh no Mr. Loty...not tonight " I couldn't even tell him the story but I get the giggles a lot in bed so he is used to it! I am easily amused by really cheesy jokes too. My latest giggle fest...

If a quiz is quizzical, then a test must be....

This had me giggling for about a week

So Stevie Wonder got a cheese grater for a Christmas present. His thank you note read...Thank you! That was the scariest book I ever read!!

I know....I warned you

This..I flat out snorted about for nearly 3 years..

Daddy tomato, Mama tomato and baby tomato are walking down the street. Baby tomato starts to fall behind and Mama tomato turns around stomps her feet and says "ketchup!"

Ok I better stop before you start throwing cyber tomatoes at me

Yeah turkey on the grill is great!! I brine it for a day first then just stick it in one of those toss away tin pans and pop it on the grill. It actually cooks faster and frees up the oven!

I bet it would be even better on charcoal!!!
Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction
Ends up being the biggest step of your life.
Tip toe if you must,
but take the step.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:50 PM   #125
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm not sure which to find worst...the jokes themselves or the duration of time that they crack you up for!! It's Good to be easily amused!!

Poor Mr. Lotage & his *turn-down* service!! That's so funny!!

I haven't done ANYthing today!! Aside from my early biking...not a thing. Tom usually makes me feel like death has warmed over, for the 1st day...as was the case today. I have higher hopes for tomorrow!!

B: Cinnamon Mock Danish-coffee w/hwc
L: Ham w/mayo
D: Ham-coffee w/hwc
D: LC Mint choco-chip ice cream MmMmmMm
Old 11-23-2012, 07:38 AM   #126
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning sushine!

How ya feeling today? You did great yesterday! Getting your fitness on and eating onplan!!!

Boy the weather did a 180!!! Its super windy and cold and we keep having power flickers of coarse! Every year I say I am going to put my lights up in October while it is warm, and every year I put them up while freezing my arse off!

Grace lost a tooth yesterday and when I got Mr. Loty off to work in the night I tried sneaking into her room but now the girls sleep with Buddy or Jack, they alternate nights. So it was impossible She was feeling sick yesterday morning though so I told her I was checking to see if she had a fever and told her I wanted her to take some tylenol, when she got out of bed I snuck in.....whew....close one! I can't believe she still believes to be honest!

I slept in till 9 then read on my nook for awhile and vegged. Gotta think about getting going though if I want to get all this done today!!

Whats up in the Hood house today??? Does the Hunk have the day off???
Old 11-23-2012, 08:07 AM   #127
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning ~Cupcake~!!

Ahhhhh, to be 10 again & and believe in the *Tooth Fairy*!! Maybe when I grow into the dementia phase of life...I'll take my dentures out & put 'em under my pillow...and just see what happens!!
I'm Glad your sneekiness paid off last night, & you were able to make the drop!!

Your morning sounds like it's gotten off to a good leisure start!! As for the blustery weather y'all have today...well, think of all the memories & bonding that are gonna go down...having to endure in the chill!! OoOOoOoh, nice opportunity to throw down some hot chocolate drinkies & save the day!! Remember those that are hoping for piccys!!

I'm feelin' probably a good 70% better today!! Watched a program called "Catfish...the TV show", this morning. It's about folks that wanna meet their online loves...and the meeting is documented by video. I can't believe the frequency of lying liars that lie!! I've seen the show twice now...and both times, one of the partners in the -relationship- lied about who they were, entirely. One that was supposed to be a dude...turned out to be a chick!! I'm guessing that these peoples lives must just be totally dull...and they clearly lack integrity to the max!! That would take a considerable amount of time/energy to put into being a fakey McFakester...and for what? Why? I don't get that.
So...all this to say, I'm really a 49yr. old balding skinny dude, who wears a Elvis wig & knows how to rock...YAH!!

I spent a century in the kitchen, trying to pull it back together, from yesterdays NO choring. I've got a fat list to work down today...and that's it!! I've got Apple spiced tart goodness brewing in the kitchen & living room, and Cinna-Ham-Glaze rumblin' on the stove. MmMMmMmm...

B: Microscopic amt. of Ham & walnuts. <---RANDOM!!
Old 11-23-2012, 08:21 AM   #128
Blabbermouth!!!

So...all this to say, I'm really a 49yr. old balding skinny dude, who wears a Elvis wig & knows how to rock...YAH!!

Oh my..that was super funny!

LOL yes, your B is random!!! I am working on coffee right now and some bacon. Did have a bit of corn flakes. Had to buy a box for the topping on potato casserole and thought I would have a bit...they are as boring as I remember!

Pic to come tonight!!!!

Do you guys put up a tree???
Old 11-23-2012, 12:00 PM   #129
Blabbermouth!!!

1 tree done, 2 trees half done i lost my helpers to snow flurries They can finish their trees later I guess
Old 11-23-2012, 05:05 PM   #130
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

MmMmMMm, cornflakes!! I wanna taste how boring they can be!! It's been awhile!!

Oh yeah, Rob did have to be a worker-bee today. He's home now of course & keepin' the reclyner company & scrollin' thru the TV guide for somethin' good.

How's your decorating going?! Are you putting up exterior lights too?!

We have a small 1/2 tree that is for mounting on the wall. If you've never seen one...then that may not make a whole lot of sense!! We've had it for quite a few years now. I enjoy it because I don't have to try to rearrange the whole house, in order to accomodate a full size tree. It's easy peasy!!

Alright, where's my piccy!!
Old 11-23-2012, 05:39 PM   #131
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

L: Spicy Sausage dog w/krout, relish, onion, mustard-Green beans w/mayo & parm

D: Ham, Montery Jack cheese, walnuts, 2 hardboileds-coffee w/hwc

Dsrt: LC ice cream

Still need to get my biking on!!
Old 11-23-2012, 07:13 PM   #132
Blabbermouth!!!

well, got my helpers back but ran into a snag with Gracie's tree. Half her lights didn't work and DH didn't have them at the store. Off to scour the town tomorrow in search of white light on white string. Will have to get pics of the kids trees tomorrow for ya

Tried getting better pics with my camera but then couldn't find the stinking cord to download

Outside had to wait till tomorrow! It was toooo windy and cold today!!! DH did by me 50 ft of fresh garland and some fresh wreaths and swags today

Living room tree

Silver and gold, silver and gold la la la la la

IMG_20121123_220555.jpg

The big guy for the family room, its a 9 footer!
IMG_20121123_220051 (1).jpg
Old 11-23-2012, 07:18 PM   #133
Blabbermouth!!!

More random decorations

IMG_20121123_221003.jpg

IMG_20121123_220940.jpg

IMG_20121123_220913.jpg
Old 11-23-2012, 08:06 PM   #134
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OoOoOOooOoOoOh!! Your Christmas trees and decorations are BEE-UTI-FULLL & Dreamy!! I love that little window box display area you have next to the woodstove!! That's soooooo cool!!
Great job Fancy pants!!
WOW, you scored big time...with the garland, wreaths and swags!! How Awesome is that!! I bet it smells sooooo Good!! Mr. Loty done GOOD!!
I bet it's really startin' to feel very festive in the Loty Household!!
Old 11-24-2012, 07:27 AM   #135
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

GoodMorning!!

Wolk up to a yummy smellin' house this morning!! Last night I threw in a frzn. chuck roast into the crock, sprinkled with garlic salt & dumped in a bunch of sliced pepperoncinis/juice. I set it on low & let it roll for nearly 10 hours. WINNING!! I sampled a bowl of it for breakfast. It's pretty good!!

Rob headed off to his mens bible study. I'm gonna work on gettin' ready for the day. I'm not sure what we're up to!!

What's goin' on in Lotyville?!
Old 11-24-2012, 07:32 AM   #136
Blabbermouth!!!

Mmmmm.....sounds delish!!!!! I totally have to make that one day!!! I remember last time you made it drooling over it too!

Well Lotyville is still working on holiday cheer today. Need to get the outside done and run to the store for lights.

Oh and trying to keep Sunday from sneaking ornaments off the tree She ever so quietly walks over and very gently pulls one off and tries to sneak out of the room with it! She is so stinking cute! We purposely put all the cheesy ones down low for that reason, well and tails wagin may knock things off too since the back door is right there.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:35 AM   #137
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlKickinIt View Post
OoOoOOooOoOoOh!! Your Christmas trees and decorations are BEE-UTI-FULLL & Dreamy!! I love that little window box display area you have next to the woodstove!! That's soooooo cool!!
Great job Fancy pants!!
WOW, you scored big time...with the garland, wreaths and swags!! How Awesome is that!! I bet it smells sooooo Good!! Mr. Loty done GOOD!!
I bet it's really startin' to feel very festive in the Loty Household!!
Thanks! I like that whoever put this addition on left that window too! Usually during the year I have my collection of Willow Tree figurines in there

Mr. Loty did do awesome!!! I want to keep a wreath or maybe both in the house for the smell, think they will make it that long???
Old 11-24-2012, 07:37 AM   #138
Blabbermouth!!!

start/220
11-4-12 /218
11-11-12/216
11-18-12/218
11-24-12/218

Still the same after TOM (who has finally left the building! Good riddance!) and holiday pig outs so I am cool with that!!!!
Old 11-24-2012, 10:06 AM   #139
Blabbermouth!!!

Cleaned out the Scentsy cupboard.... I may be my own best customer

its 3 rows deep!

IMG_20121124_122624.jpg
Old 11-24-2012, 01:47 PM   #140
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WOW!! I wanna scentsy cupboard like yours!! Totally coveting!!

Yeah, you can be proud of your stats!! You done Good!! Especially considering Tom & a pig holiday thrown into the mix!! Way to go!!

I'd never heard of a person having a *Willow Tree Figurine Collection* before!! I thought --whoa...takes all kinds I guess?--But then I was thinking, I just don't know if I -get- how there could much excitement over like the 3rd tree. Wouldn't they all just be like....ooooh, that's a nice tall tree....that's a full tree....awwwwe, the little tree....hmmm...the end.
So I googled...and it turns out that there's more than just *willow trees* to get all excited about. Who knew?!

I wonder if you could spritz your wreaths with a little water mist, to help prevent them drying out too fast.

That's so funny about Sunday trying to pack off with the tree goodies!! Clever of you guys to make sure she doesn't get -the good stuff-!! What does she want with them? Do they become toys or edibles or just little treasures? Oh if only she could tell ya what's goin' on in her little head!!

Lazy day over here!! I got ready for the day...felt a monster headache comin' on, and napped. I just got up a bit ago, made a LC burrito, and realized I need to bust out a bunch of hardboileds, to turn into devileds, for our churchy Thanksgiving tomorrow!! Yikes!! I almost forgot!! I think I need to figure out a fresh polish color too!!

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 11-24-2012 at 01:48 PM..
Old 11-24-2012, 02:40 PM   #141
Blabbermouth!!!

Ah funny about the Willow Tree! I just think they are so cute and peaceful. After the Holidays I will have to take a pic of them all when I put that little nook back to how it usually is.

Just came back in from trying to get the outside light done. Not very much this year. We are trying switch to all LED for energy savings but they are so expensive that we are just buying a few a year. My. Loty did come home with these twinkling snowflake lights you stick in the ground today so we put those in. He had to run back to the store for 1 more string so at least all the bushes in the front of the house can have lights.

How fun tomorrow to have your churchy Thanksgiving! How many are you expecting? Where do they hold it at? Do you still go to the co-ed study??? Or is that only like a once a month thing?

What color you thinking for polish?? What are you wearing? Do you have to dress up? I never dress up for holidays! LOL I pull out the good china and eat in pajama bottoms and a t-shirt! SUPER classy!!!! Yay!

Last edited by lotus33; 11-24-2012 at 02:41 PM..
Old 11-24-2012, 03:48 PM   #142
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The way your "What are you wearing?" question read...I thought maybe that Catfish thing was alive & well over here!! Perv!! Geez!!
Oh yah, dressed up to the 9's...in my new fat legging *jeans* and a hooded sweatshirt. I'm hoping my fancy dress up days are a thing of the past...really. We did so much of that nonsense while selling real estate.
I did hot pink polish for allll of the pigs and am thinking about throwing a coat of glitter polish on top. Mostly cuzz it hides flaws real well. I find that the very fine glitter polish comes off real easy, but the chunkier kind takes all kinds of elbow greese to get to come off!! Too bad, cuzz it's so pretty.
Your fancy pj's & china mix sounds quite elegant & just the sort of shindig that I would totally dig!! I'd spice my get-up with my dangly,fake pearl earrings & be ready to throw down at that party!!

Your twinkly snowflake lights sound neato!! I hear ya on going with the LED's. We're switching over, slowly as well.

Yepp, bible study is every 2nd & 4th Friday evening, except it was nix'd this last Friday...with it being so close to Thanksgiving & all. So it'll be another couple weeks. We're having the Thanksgiving eats on the lower level of the church, in the cafe' area, where there's a lot of tables & what not. It'll be eatin' time directly after church...so about 11:15'ish. I've always enjoyed that the service time is on the shorter side at this church. It goes for a total of 1.25hr.'s...where as our last church ran for 2hr.'s or MORE!! I have such a difficult time paying attention & sitting still for so long!! I like to just get to the point!!

What's for dinner tonight?!

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 11-24-2012 at 03:50 PM..
Old 11-24-2012, 04:22 PM   #143
Blabbermouth!!!

Well Dh made me a liar! He came home with 4 -200 light strings of lights..

So we did the little bushes on the side of the house and the pergola but still not done...you will have to wait for piccy

Oh yeah i wanted to know what you were wearing since I too am 49 year old creeper man

I hear ya on the glitter! But I endure the work of changing it though since I love it

Brunch-leftover ham, green bean cass, potato cass
Dinner-scrambles eggs, ham

Not going to lie....will probably have pie later

Oh no work outs today either
Old 11-24-2012, 04:49 PM   #144
Blabbermouth!!!

I think I need!

Old 11-24-2012, 06:12 PM   #145
Blabbermouth!!!

Ok, now that all the lighting and whatever is done here are the girls trees.

Ava went with traditional but she has crazy lights that have 13 different settings Some make me feel like I am having a seizure!

IMG_20121124_160529.jpg

Grace's favorite colors are blues and teal..so she has all blue and teal bulbs to match

IMG_20121124_210031.jpg

And......the major award! Someday I will have the big one!!!!

IMG_20121124_174353.jpg
Old 11-25-2012, 05:49 AM   #146
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WOWZER Lote!! Your Christmas trees are sooooo pretty!! They look like something out of a designer magazine!! For reals!! Love~Love~Love them!! That must stoke you out to turn a corner & see them standing there!! The girls did such an Awesome job decorating their trees too!! That's so special that they each get to have their own Christmas tree in their rooms!! What a brilliant idea!! I'd like to come live at Lotyville during the Holidays!!

TOM has left me!! No love loss there!!
211 today. R-biked for 20 min.'s as soon as I got up today.

What are you up to today?!
Old 11-25-2012, 07:58 AM   #147
Blabbermouth!!!

We would love to have the Hoods in our hood for the holidays!!!! Come on over!!!

Great job getting your biking in so soon!!!!

Woke up to snow!!!! couldn't it wait till tonight when I had the lights done!!!

looks so pretty though!

Got a roast in the crock....thought I had a jar of pepperoccini....was a jar of jalapenos...dang it! Was really wanting to try that!!! Threw some BBQ sauce on it instead.

Have fun at your party today!!!
Old 11-25-2012, 03:43 PM   #148
Blabbermouth!!!

Uhg..so tired! Its not even 7 and I want to go to bed! DH was a slave driver today We had to get the pool cover back on from Sunday falling in yea yea...just getting around to fixing it Cleaned and organized the garage, cleaned the house and he got on a ladder and dusted all the ceiling beams in the family room. Took the boys for a half hour walk too.

I think that Buddy is getting a little depressed He has been acting a little down the past couple days. I was wondering if that was going to happen. But then it took so long that I thought well maybe since he has had a couple homes now he doesn't get real attached. But he is so loving and such a people person that I think the novelty of having fun is worn off and he is a little sad now. I am sure he will perk back up soon, just feel bad for him. We all really like him now though so not really wanting to give him back. I don't know...

So.....spill it! How did you do at your pot luck? Did you stay strong or cave like I would
Old 11-25-2012, 07:14 PM   #149
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I swear, I think you Loty's are the most productive folks I know of!! Y'all are always up to some sort of project or cleaning or on the move doin' somethin'!! It's just not natural!! Well, it isn't for this lazy one!! I'd never be able to keep up with you guys!! You all are very accomplishy!!

Neato that you guys got some snow!! Did it continue throughout the day?! I'm bummed that you didn't get a chance to lounge with your book & hot choco!! I hope that day is comin' right around the corner for you!! You certainly deserve some nice, cozy down time.

Awwwe, poor Buddy, missing your Aunt & Uncle. That's gotta be hard, for him, you guys and your Aunt & Uncle. Any chance they could come for a little visit? I would think that would do everyone good. That's Great that you guys were able to get a walk in today!! I bet he really enjoys that a lot!!

Welpers, we prepared 5 dozen eggies, kept 1 dzn. here at the homestead & took the rest to church. They were all gone about 1/2 way thru the luncheon. Funny thing was, we just assumed that because it was a Thanksgiving gathering...that it would be traditional turkey eats. Nope, it was mexican food!! I think that was a great idea, beings most folks would have probably already had their fill of those kinda foods...but I thought it was a funny sight to see a bunch of deviled eggs amongst all the mexican eats!!
I was able to munch pretty clean. I made a medium size taco salad, using 1 taco shell & loaded it with very legal goods. I was pleased about that!! However, as for visiting...it was so darned noisy in there, I couldn't track the conversations going on at our table that I was trying to participate in!! After we ate, and tried to get our chat on for a couple minutes...I told Rob I could feel some PTSD comin' on & needed to bail!!
I've been napping & choring for much of the day, since we got back home. I had to package up a return to QVC earlier, that took me an hour to complete!! I'd misplaced my packaging slip/return sticker. I tore this place UP trying to find it!! Rob ended up finding it...thank goodness!!
Old 11-26-2012, 06:59 AM   #150
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good mornin'!!

Popped outta bed, got the Hunks work clothes layed out, made breakfasts, and stripped the bed for the wash. I've got a list of chores written out, and am searchin' around on the net for a good sounding chicky marinade to inject into a soon-to-be crocked chicky. Oh yeah, I'm watching one of my all time faves, from back in the day...Leave it to Beaver!!
Steamin' a pot of Peppermint water on the stove, to bring the humidity up in here. It smells like candy canes!!
211 still.
B: Ham-coffee w/hwc
I should get on that R-bike!!

What are you up to today?!
Closed Thread