Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2013, 09:26 PM   #1381
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
WOE: mostly raw, plant based
Start Date: 9-1-14
I just saw a commercial that said peanuts had more antioxidents than green tea That seems weird.

Watched a movie...another loser. Seeking a friend for the end of the world. It has Steve Carrel in it so was hoping it was funnier. Jeesh...I am striking out!

Oh I saw Argo is out in the video store though. If you and Rob haven't seen that its worth a look.

I just don't know what i keep searching for. There is no quick fix for weight loss, I so want to just stumble upon a magic diet! Nope. I actually think the CAD for long term is perfect for me, I just want fast for the next month is all. Oh and no work outs. Is that too much to ask?!?!?! Well apparently it is!

Ok...off to bed! Got lots going down tomorrow! Good night all!

Sep 1~223, Oct 1~210, Nov 1~207

Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2013, 07:06 AM   #1382
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning peeps!

So busy day today

First up...breakfast
then bake cake
then visit with my Mom....joy
then go see grandma
then grab steam cleaner and do carpets
then...no and then....

not sure after that

have a great day all!
Old 03-03-2013, 08:14 AM   #1383
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
WOE: Atkins-Bernstien-High FAT
Start Date: 9/20/2001
Goodmorning my Loty!!

Wowzer, you're up early today!! It does indeed sound like you've got a busy day mapped out!! Some of it sounds down right fun...like making your masterpiece cake & partying with your Gram!! And then...and then....<----you're so funny...and then there's the CT visit and carpet cleaning. Not as much of a stoker...but it'll be great to have the clean carpets when you're done!! Pretend as though I'm stuffed in your pocket, when the CT visit goes down...and know that I can see through all of the CT'ness of it all...and am in there pointing & laughing at her rediculousness.

Friday, Nov. 21st, 2014 = 181.5

Friday, Nov. 28th, 2014 =
Old 03-03-2013, 08:30 AM   #1384
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So last night at 1:30am I wolk up...went into the powder. I felt like I'd been hit with a storm of overwhelming anxiety when I walked in there. Not from the mind, but rather the body. Within about 15 seconds I was as drenched in a cold sweat, as if I'd walked thru a sprinkler...slowly. I reached out to the faucet to wash my hands...and they were shaking & trembling. I knew right then that I'd OD'ed on the dope earlier in the eve, and was having a BS crash. I made my way to the kitchy...and tested. I was at 74. So, I munched a bit. I had an avocado, 1/2 pepperoni stick, couple of string cheeses, couple spoons of peanut butter,and some black olives. Within about 15-20 min.'s I felt pretty stable. I couched it for a bit...with the worry wort pups ...and then took myself back to bed. I'm in fair shape this morning, except for a bangin' back of the head headache.
I'm contemplating church. Rob's co-worker pal will be there. That's totally neat & great & all...but I don't think between now & the time I step outta the shower, that I'll by down by 50lb.'s & feel super spry & friendly too...so it's got me wondering if that's something I really wanna sign up for today. That's really awful, huh?! I know it is. Whatevv.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:39 AM   #1385
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
gm all

i thinking about this...2 questions

1. protein= takes more time to digest=burns more calories, builds/maintains muscles=burn more calories
so like pure lean protein cottge cheese n meat near fatfree could only be weightloss rather then gain?
(lo carb)

2. curious
if you took lo fat but add only mono and healthy fats would be just as good or better for body then saturated

for example i have high cholesterol from eggs n fatty meat lol

would = 1. chik breast or turkey cooked n coconut oil and nuts stir fry
or
would 2. fried in butter wings with cheese

lol both healthy or would 1 of them have an advantage?

ty u girls
Old 03-03-2013, 07:17 PM   #1386
Blabbermouth!!!

Naty~ my personal opinion. I would choose #1 as the better option.

Do you have high cholesterol or just worried about it? They are finding that cholesterol numbers are not that accurate. They are more worried about small particle cholesterol but normal testing doesn't distinguish between small and large particle. If your Triglycerides are high most likely you have high small particle cholesterol too.

i did not read all the info on this site, there were several links but looked like it had good info

The straight dope on cholesterol
Old 03-03-2013, 07:22 PM   #1387
Blabbermouth!!!

Well all went well today. All my *and then's* went off without a hitch

oh CT.......goes all the way to Hawaii and brings back the kids a cheesy dollar store looking grass skirt. Seriously??? not even like a pretty shell necklace or something? Whatev
Old 03-03-2013, 07:34 PM   #1388
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlKickinIt View Post
So last night at 1:30am I wolk up...went into the powder. I felt like I'd been hit with a storm of overwhelming anxiety when I walked in there. Not from the mind, but rather the body. Within about 15 seconds I was as drenched in a cold sweat, as if I'd walked thru a sprinkler...slowly. I reached out to the faucet to wash my hands...and they were shaking & trembling. I knew right then that I'd OD'ed on the dope earlier in the eve, and was having a BS crash. I made my way to the kitchy...and tested. I was at 74. So, I munched a bit. I had an avocado, 1/2 pepperoni stick, couple of string cheeses, couple spoons of peanut butter,and some black olives. Within about 15-20 min.'s I felt pretty stable. I couched it for a bit...with the worry wort pups ...and then took myself back to bed. I'm in fair shape this morning, except for a bangin' back of the head headache.
I'm contemplating church. Rob's co-worker pal will be there. That's totally neat & great & all...but I don't think between now & the time I step outta the shower, that I'll by down by 50lb.'s & feel super spry & friendly too...so it's got me wondering if that's something I really wanna sign up for today. That's really awful, huh?! I know it is. Whatevv.
Oh man!!! Boy this sure is a finicky business! How much more did you take than normal? Did you split the difference today? Hopefully the results are better! What is a low low number? When I had gestational diabetes I remember they wanted me under 100 but i guess I never asked what the lowest was it could go.

that the kids were worried

uh no i would not have gone to church this morning either, not after that night! You know I totally feel ya on the meet and greet with the co-workers
Old 03-03-2013, 07:39 PM   #1389
Blabbermouth!!!

do you guys have the food network? If so the show *The worst cooks in America* is the funniest freakin show! These people crack me up! HOW can you be this bad????? Oh wait....Mr. Loty would totally be like these people!!!!
Old 03-03-2013, 08:49 PM   #1390
Blabbermouth!!!

Pics of Grandma and Boo

He was tired, we interrupted naptime

poor kitty desperately wanting to sleep
IMG_20130303_144627.jpg

He was having so much fun tugging on the ribbons on her present she didn't open it forever
IMG_20130303_140938.jpg
Old 03-03-2013, 08:51 PM   #1391
Blabbermouth!!!

Ok, good night all!
Old 03-03-2013, 09:31 PM   #1392
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Lote, those are Great piccys!! You come from good lookin' stalk!! Your Grammy looks a good 30 years younger than her age!! I wonder if she has any secrets for the rest of us.

I'm so whooped out tonight. I'll need to catch up with all the hub-bub & goings on around here tomorrow...after hopefully some most excellent sleeps & rests.

I wish that for all you all as well & bid ya a very Goodnight!!
Old 03-03-2013, 09:33 PM   #1393
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

*Boo is a very handsome boy!! He's lucky he's already spoken for...and I'm married.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:31 AM   #1394
Senior LCF Member

very high cholesterol...genetic...when startedas vegetarian then to an atkins/keto..went from normal to 500...super high..so tryn to be healthy, but can't help enjoyin yolks etc.. but now lean meats n lofat dairy not bad should keep me lo hoping..lol

i think the tonsil pain vanishing yeah...

i hope you all had a great yesterday

hmmm today be chik breast n cottge cheese

notice with weights been on my arms toned n strongr then norm..

lol
Old 03-04-2013, 08:14 AM   #1395
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning Girly Peeps!! Just a quick hello for now!! I've gotta go get myself pulled together here!!

What's everyone up to today?!

Back sooooooon!!
Old 03-04-2013, 09:06 AM   #1396
Blabbermouth!!!

Just a buzz through for me for now too...

Just had to confess to someone because I am not telling ML

Just toured the hottest guy I have seen in a long time!!! Sweet baby Jesus I mentally did all sorts of bad things to that boy!

K...gotta go find some cold water!
Old 03-04-2013, 03:37 PM   #1397
Blabbermouth!!!

naty on the tonsils feeling better!!!!

Don't you wish there was a magic formula to figure out all this nutrition baloney???

My trig are high but not tooo bad yet. Family history so probably inevitable
Old 03-04-2013, 03:48 PM   #1398
Blabbermouth!!!

OMG! I am having a mental breakdown! G has a *maturation* program tomorrow. Not sure if I said that or not? Anyway we decided to go to lunch instead but I went to the school today and watched the video and read the pamphlets so I would know what else to talk to her about.

I am so sick to my stomach! They are learning about boys and babies and all sorts of stuff that is too much for 10 years old. I am so just disappointed in all of humanity that we have to steal childrens innocence away from them at 10

This is my punishment for all the bad girl thoughts about that guy earlier isn't it???? LOL

Last edited by lotus33; 03-04-2013 at 03:51 PM..
Old 03-04-2013, 05:26 PM   #1399
Senior LCF Member

ty

awesome gettn thinnr arms n muscles been lifting n walkin n chik n cheese cottge 6 breasts n 6serv i feel liter then egg whites too n show thinner..but lov it crave for fat tho lov unlimite

Old 03-04-2013, 05:32 PM   #1400
Senior LCF Member

my hobbies lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo_00569.jpg (74.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Photo_00560.jpg (40.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Photo_00298.jpg (30.4 KB, 2 views)
Old 03-04-2013, 05:33 PM   #1401
Senior LCF Member

plus tons more lol
Old 03-04-2013, 05:36 PM   #1402
Senior LCF Member

lol do diff crafts
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dragon.jpg (40.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg tiger.jpg (46.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg scooby.jpg (55.1 KB, 1 views)
Old 03-04-2013, 06:00 PM   #1403
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh very nice!!!

Are you drawing with oil pastels? hard to tell from the pics

I am NOT even showing my youngest daughter all those Hello Kitties you have!

Crocheting used to be a fav pastime of mine too! I had carpel tunnel so bad i quit, but I should pick it back up!
Old 03-04-2013, 06:11 PM   #1404
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Loty!! What are you going to do?! I think that is BRILLIANT parenting on your part, to personally check out the material being shared with the kids. Are you going to attempt to impart similar info to G tomorrow...in your own way? I can't imagine being in that sorta position.
I think that's too coincindental that Little G is already reaping the sins of the heathen mother so quickly!! REPENT!!
Old 03-04-2013, 06:14 PM   #1405
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Naty, you've got some real talent!! Are those Hello Kitty's yours? Super cute!!
Old 03-04-2013, 06:25 PM   #1406
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So in taking the idea of making up a pan of Brown E's...Rob & I shopped out the little disposable aluminum containers w/lids at the $ store the other day...and then picked up a bunch of different shades of brown, large paint chips, from Wally. I just finished cutting 'em all into E's. He's gonna take a batch to work tomorrow...to offer out to the co-workers, and I'm gonna keep a container here, to offer to CT.
I'm considering sending a batch out to my Dad, as I know it would totally crack him & his wife up...and then they'd be able to trick folks too. Whoever came up with that idea is my kinda folk!!
Old 03-04-2013, 06:27 PM   #1407
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Oh Loty!! What are you going to do?! I think that is BRILLIANT parenting on your part, to personally check out the material being shared with the kids. Are you going to attempt to impart similar info to G tomorrow...in your own way? I can't imagine being in that sorta position.
I think that's too coincindental that Little G is already reaping the sins of the heathen mother so quickly!! REPENT!!
LOL I know it!

Well, not sure what we are going to do. Twice I tried to talk to ML about it tonight but he is not dealing very well!

I have been looking for an appropriate book to get. I told my Mom to warn my sister what was in the movie. Then told her I just didn't agree with some of the content and the way it was taught but obviously it is something that needs to be taught at some point. She says NO! No you never have to talk about it! They will figure it out on their own! Well Mom, thats precisely what I am trying to stop from happening. Since I didn't get any info from you I had to learn in the back of a van!
Old 03-04-2013, 06:28 PM   #1408
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
So in taking the idea of making up a pan of Brown E's...Rob & I shopped out the little disposable aluminum containers w/lids at the $ store the other day...and then picked up a bunch of different shades of brown, large paint chips, from Wally. I just finished cutting 'em all into E's. He's gonna take a batch to work tomorrow...to offer out to the co-workers, and I'm gonna keep a container here, to offer to CT.
I'm considering sending a batch out to my Dad, as I know it would totally crack him & his wife up...and then they'd be able to trick folks too. Whoever came up with that idea is my kinda folk!!
I just saw those!!!! I am totally waiting until 4-1-13 though and take a big pan into work!!!
Old 03-04-2013, 06:42 PM   #1409
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Today has been such a GREAT energy day for me!! I rocked out to a workout video this morning. I only did about 20 min.'s worth, but it was great cardio. I was on the go all day!! I even knocked out a deep clean job on our big bay windows & super cleaned the blinds. Vac'ed the whole house, and hit all the reg. blah-blah chores. I made a really good Beef Stroganoff for lunches...using Beef, Onions, Mushrooms, Garlic and CreamCheese. Oh yeah, all a load of Creole!! Yah, that was a full on winner!!

Oh yeah...the final report on the coffee bean-warmer project. NO. Pretty much worthless. However, I am wondering if ground coffee beans w/water might produce something great. That'll be the next wonder.

This new tactic with the insulin dope is working...as far as keeping the BS real stable. I did in fact lose 1/2 pound this morning...but that's too little to call a win & too early to know if this will be any sort of trend. But, Thank God, it was not a gain!! I attribute the steady energy I've had today with the -even keel- of the BS, and that just stokes me right out!!

Hey Lote, did you get a chance to hit your rugs the other day, with the cleaner? How'd they turn out?
Old 03-04-2013, 06:46 PM   #1410
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

"all a load of Creole"?? What am I saying??!
Closed Thread