Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2013, 07:56 AM   #1351
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
Stats: 220/214/130
WOE: smash up of a few
Start Date: 3-17-14
Morning!

Well already an eventful morning.....only have a second but here are the highlights thus far..

went to bed early so dogs did not go out for a late final potty....awoke to pee on the floor ...Yeah!

stabbed myself in the eye with eyeliner

woke ML up an hour late for work

and bit my cheek until it bled trying to chew gum

BBL!!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2013, 08:02 AM   #1352
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ter4tlc
Stats: 226/199/150
WOE: Atkin's /South Beach
Start Date: October 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus33 View Post
I stopped the diet nonsense and committed to a new way of life!

Found a WOE that I can live with and am super excited! No more starting a diet on Monday and quitting by Wednesday!

Anyone else ready to stop the diet nonsense and commit to a way of life...come on in!!!

Check in daily and chat, post menu's, work outs, or anything else you want.

Good Morning.....just checking in. I have not been online for awhile now, and I seem to be having a difficult time starting and sticking to this low carb way of life.....I need it desperately and will ck in to get some encouragement from everyone....thx for sharing your stories. Starting up again 3/1/13 Teri
Old 03-01-2013, 08:46 AM   #1353
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
got aptment 9am april 18th lol

n nurse evaluated me as its tonsilitous

2nd time pain worse

by that date prob feel better lol

putting ice on throat
Old 03-01-2013, 09:00 AM   #1354
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ter4tlc View Post
Good Morning.....just checking in. I have not been online for awhile now, and I seem to be having a difficult time starting and sticking to this low carb way of life.....I need it desperately and will ck in to get some encouragement from everyone....thx for sharing your stories. Starting up again 3/1/13 Teri

Hi Teri!

Jump right on in!
Old 03-01-2013, 09:00 AM   #1355
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natosha120 View Post
got aptment 9am april 18th lol

n nurse evaluated me as its tonsilitous

2nd time pain worse

by that date prob feel better lol

putting ice on throat
The 18th!!! Whoa! Thats so long to have to wait!!!
Old 03-01-2013, 01:38 PM   #1356
Senior LCF Member

resting aloot today..
i was wondering a greek yogurt vanilla that has no starch or fake flavors

plains ok but plain like sourcream
Old 03-01-2013, 03:35 PM   #1357
Blabbermouth!!!

Well pee on the floor mystery solved. They hardly ever have accidents unless someone is sick and so I was like *what the...* this morning when I saw 2 big bath towels on the kitchen floor soaked in pee. Yes my DH is totally useless and just threw a towel over a mess and left it for me Anyway...turns out he tripped over the basset hound as he was leaving for work this morning and dumped his full glass of mountain dew on the floor And since I woke him up late anyhow he ran out the door...

Poor dog got an earful this morning of me yelling at her and she didn't do it we have since made up!

Shawna~ that the dope switcheroo will land you some good results!!!

Oh totally jealous!!! 62 is awesome! I am ready for that!!! how was the park today? Kids have a blast?

Oh and sweeteners, I really hardly use them. Just in coffee. At work we have sweet and low so I use that or bring in my own. That stevia is supposed to just be an extract so giving it a whirl!

Naty~ have you looked at the organic greek yogurts? They probably have a better ingredient list! I try my darndest (yes thats a word LOL) to buy organic when can.

Teri~how was the rest of your day today???

Mags~ hiya if your out there
Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction
Ends up being the biggest step of your life.
Tip toe if you must,
but take the step.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:30 PM   #1358
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey Shawna....don't bother renting Rock of Ages We could only stomach about 30 min of it...cheesy musical Didn't realize it was a musical. Great soundtrack though!

Ok ladies....have a great night! Off to bed for me!
Old 03-01-2013, 06:44 PM   #1359
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
WOE: Atkins-Bernstien-High FAT
Start Date: 9/20/2001
Well, wowzaroo...what a bunch of unexpecteds today!! All kinds of choring, lunches, a nap & more choring. Rob & I bailed off to the dog park with the kids this afternoon. They had a super time with a couple other pups there, and I made a new BFF!! His name is Bill...he's likely in his 80's and his wife of 60 years is in one of our local hospice homes...on her way out. The nurses were fixin' to give her a bath, and suggested Bill go take their two little dogs to the dog park, while they were at it. He'd never been there before. We became instant friends & enjoyed our visit so well, that after he said he really hoped that we'd run into one another there again, I told him I don't make good friends like that everyday & I don't think we oughtta leave a next visit to chance...we exchanged #'s & emails & plan to get together soon!!
Side note...while I was saying goodbye to best bud Bill...Kiki ran passed Ace, while he was finishing *serious bizz* and ended up w/a streak across her forehead. She stunk up the whole car with her face paint!! GRODY!!

After dropping the kids off back at the house, we headed to a little town 20 minutes from here, where Rob had made arrangemnts to meet with a gal who was offering her ping pong table on craigslist. Originally she'd offered it for $40...but reconsidered, after taking a good look at the table & feeling like it wasn't in as good of condition as she'd recalled, so she gave it up for free. It does need work, but nothing that Rob won't be able to tackle....and then *beam* about!! And, this gal (her name was Wendy...), was also so fun to visit with!! That table is SO HEAVY!! We have an Explorer & had to lift it onto & off of the top of the roof rack. HEAVY!!

L was Mock Hamburger helper (Cauli-Cheddar-Burger mix) <---suggested by a creative pinterester.

D was LC Clam Chowder.

I need to go back & read thru whatcha all been up to today!!
Old 03-01-2013, 06:57 PM   #1360
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Naty, that is such a long time to have to wait for an appt.!! How is your lump in your throat? Is it still there? Still painful? So I would really wonder if the sore throat & lump are possibly connected and if that lump is a swollen lymph node. Just a wonder.
So...staying with your lean meat/white eats idea...maybe it would be fun for you to take on roasting a big turkey!! And then you'd have all that turkey stock to work with!! YUM!!
Old 03-01-2013, 07:12 PM   #1361
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hiya Loty!! Gotcha!! Won't bother thinkin' about no Rock of Ages garb!! I hadn't heard about it...so no love loss there. Oh yeah, and you know my thoughts on musicals!! NO!!
On the flip side...guess who's watchin' W. Farrel...Blades of Glory?! YAH!!
What an ordeal with the mountain dew-DH-Dog pee drama!! Oh my gosh!!
How is it that you got ML up an hour late? Did you sleep past your own wakey time?
OoOOoh, that would be Great if Stevia turns out to be a winner for your coffees!! I think from what I've read, it would be a far superior choice...healthwise!! I hope you like it!!
I think Rob & I tried it, but couldn't make the flave work for us.
What's on your agenda for the day tomorrow?!
Old 03-01-2013, 07:14 PM   #1362
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Teri!! I'm Glad you're here with us!! What's your game plan?!
Old 03-01-2013, 07:24 PM   #1363
Senior LCF Member

turkey does sound good..
Old 03-01-2013, 08:21 PM   #1364
Junior LCF Member

Thanks

Thanks Lotus33. I am doing it slowly but surely. Love the support! I will ck in again soon. Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 03-01-2013, 08:27 PM   #1365
Junior LCF Member

Thanks....

Hey GirlKickinIt.....thanks for the note. I don't have a game plan as of yet, but I do know from reading the importance of it. Right now I am just watching my carb intake. Will do some more reading about the different plans and stick to one I guess....
Old 03-01-2013, 08:34 PM   #1366
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hiya Teri!! Your plan to get a plan...sounds Great!!
What part of CA do you live in? My Husband Rob & I used to live in Napa Valley...for about 25 years. Nice mild weather there & very pretty.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:24 AM   #1367
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

218!! NOOOOOO!! NOOOOO!! I feel so sick of this!!
Old 03-02-2013, 06:41 AM   #1368
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlKickinIt View Post
218!! NOOOOOO!! NOOOOO!! I feel so sick of this!!

Oh my dear girl.....I know how hard this is on you. I am so heartbroken for you.

Its very unfair! Your such an inspiration to me at staying on plan and doing everything right and yet don't get to reap any rewards from it. Well I suppose you know you could probably easily be 100 more than that if you weren't! i just really wish you would get to see bigger rewards that what you do since you work so hard at it. I really do want that so badly for you!

So what are you going to do the rest of the day? As a good friend I can only allow you to feel bad for just today. But I will give you today...sometimes we just need one to be down and get it out! Tomorrow will start fresh Maybe brainstorm some ideas around on what to think about changin up

Last edited by lotus33; 03-02-2013 at 06:44 AM..
Old 03-02-2013, 06:50 AM   #1369
Blabbermouth!!!

Well today's agenda.

Kids start swim class today its at 11:00. They can swim just with pool season around the corner I want them to be a little more proficient at it! Can't believe pool season is around the corner as I look at the ice rink that is my backyard and see all the show whipping through the air!

Then off to buy something for my grandma. She turns 90 today! We are going to go see her tomorrow. She is going to lunch today and will have lots of people in and out. She gets tired from all that activity so thought I would go tomorrow to not wear her out.

Going to run and get a few groceries as well...looking like old mother hubbard around these parts!
Old 03-02-2013, 07:40 AM   #1370
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning!! Happy Saturday!!

Awwwe, Lote...Thank you for the encouragement. You're such a Good friend to me...and your kind & thoughtful words really do help lift my spirits.
Yeah...no doubt...I can't even fathom what this little sitchy would be like if I didn't stay on the straight & narrow!! Holy COWWW!! UN-real!! I'd like to cash in on that -day off-...to grieve this...but dang...you know that would likely show up as another pound tomorrow!! So...my plan is to remain diligent, chow clean, and work in activity throughout the day, so as to burn this rediculousness OFF!! I'm still working the dope change over. So as to shift the use from both the fast acting and long acting...safely...I'm having to go at this slower than I'd like....but I do feel I'm going about the -right- way. Ahhhh, it's all such an experiment!!

Yes, WOW...swimming season!! Is the pool that the Little's will be training in, indoors? Brrrrr...it's tough to imagine gettin' ones swim on right now!! That's such a good idea to get them well trained up, and early on. That of course is something that will benefit them for-evvva!!

Oh, HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA!! That's really a great idea to space out the visit/celebration over a couple of days, like you're doing...so as to give her time to rest & absorb all the hoopla. Very considerate of you, and everybodies time with her will be even more special because of it. I can't wait to hear what you come up with for her giftie!!

I've gotta hit the market today as well. Are you trying out any new recipes this week?! Anything I need to -know- about?!
Aside from the market stop...I may do a return, and hit the library for a drop & pick up...of my R. Simmons videos. I'll see if they wanna let us have The Knights Tale yet!!
I think it's likely that we'll be trying to make use of the last bit of good weather today. There may be some lawn cutting, tuplip bulb planting, brush pruning, car washing and a swap of the front break pads on the Explorer this afternoon. Also some recycling...and I've gotta get the Hunk to take the vacuum & shark out to the shop and give their filters a good blow out with the air compressor. He may also be looking to start tryin' to fix on the ping pong table. Lastly...these little pups need a bath!! Especially Kiki!!
So, lots of -could be's- to go down!!

B was LC Yogurt w/flax...dope & vites.

Oh yeah...on the indoor tulip bulbs...they have stringy-spaghetti roots, that appeared the very next day, after being vased. They're not even in an area where they're receiving a whole lot of sunshine!! SOOOO COOL!!

So Hunky is with the bible study men, and really looking forward to a co-worker to join in this morning. The fellows 7yr. gal-friend has just bailed on him & he's just distraught over it. He'd been thinking that he wanted to propose...meanwhile...apparently she'd been thinking that it was an awful lotta fun to hook back up with an old college boyfriend. Talk about a real disconnect between folks!! Uggh, well I hope the guys are able to be a soft place for this guy to land & be encouraged by them.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:46 AM   #1371
Senior LCF Member

gm all ..today i twisted to own plan....all white low carb protein low fat foods..lol only color would be trident n diet colas

lol..love it so far not craving fat no more..after how hard it is to like dry food ..now crave it lol

chik breast
cottge cheez
egg whites

milk soy or reg non/lofat
cheddr cheesees lo fat try per serv below 3

muscles wrk outs and walking light jog n jumping/ or more walking

even tho turned to lean notice no lose of weight just maintained, but slimmer tighter apperance n clothes looser n strength n like on any lo carb

= long strong nails hair thiker, nice skin lol
Old 03-02-2013, 08:54 AM   #1372
Senior LCF Member

i always wonder if i reduced all stress of weights if i'd lose weight and if water n the cells...lol

aww 90 wow thats great..happy bday for her and many more
Old 03-02-2013, 02:11 PM   #1373
Blabbermouth!!!

Well once again you amaze me! Just not even giving it another thought huh....right back at kicking its butt! Good for you!!!!!

Yes! Very good at switching the dope up slow! My only fear is do you have unlimited refills? I am sure a call into the doc would get another so I suppose its not biggie huh?

I love your story about your new BFF!!! What a great time in his life to find you both! He is surely going to need you soon!

on the flip...I do not love the Kiki story Oh dear! That goofy pup! Poor baby!

really really not a fan of the other story! Why why why do people do that to each other? IDK! ML and I are just not made that way and are always just dumbfounded by the amount of infidelity that goes on! So sad!

Swim class was good, oh yes its inside! Its still 20 something degrees outside! This class goes for 7 or 8 weeks though. Poor kids. They were shocked in the locker room. Actually I was as well. We are modest people, well in public anyway so do not go strolling around in the buff, there was a lady in a wheelchair naked as a jay bird for all the world to see strolling around the locker room. So odd to see a person in a wheelchair in the locker room and super odd that they are completely in the buff to boot!

Then went to the mall, ended up getting Grandma a basket of goodies, 5 books, bunch of candies (she keeps fancy boxes of chocolate in her bedroom and munches it while reading at night ) The kids wanted to get her a pretty snowglobe and have it engraved. So I went to do that and it came to 70.00 uh NO! At least the books will occupy some time! Oh also got her kitty some stuff

Then we got lunch. had a naked burrito (keeping with the nude theme LOL) and a cup of soup. After that headed to the library and everyone got a stack of books

Now I have to go to get some groceries but the kids want to stay home and read their books so I am flying solo for this mission!

BBL!
Old 03-02-2013, 02:14 PM   #1374
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natosha120 View Post
i always wonder if i reduced all stress of weights if i'd lose weight and if water n the cells...lol

aww 90 wow thats great..happy bday for her and many more
TY! She is in great health so hoping for many more. Very great lady!

I find the total opposite, my hair starts to fall out when I have no fat! Did the ally pills when they first came out....hair was coming out in firstfulls!
Old 03-02-2013, 02:18 PM   #1375
Junior LCF Member

Hey Girl

I live in Southern Ca. 20 -30 min. north of L.A. It's up by the mountains. You use to live in a very nice area, Napa....I love it up there.! Work has kept me down here, but prior to this I was in Santa Barbara,Ca. for 10 years. I am a native Angeleno! Have a nice weekend!
Old 03-02-2013, 04:28 PM   #1376
Senior LCF Member

i guess inside hungr for food how nature made it...

butter roast etc.. but have the need to munch lol

i feel as i'm just shoveling food without experience wat good foods rich n tasty lol

so wish bison was cheap lol

hmm
Old 03-02-2013, 06:25 PM   #1377
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, I do believe we busted out the majority of the tasks we wanted to get to today!! That makes me SOOOO Happy!! Oh, except for the kids baths...they're still stinkers....and the bulbs...those didn't get buried either. The warm/sunny day we were expecting...never showed. I got a nap in, and then hauled outta here for the errands.
Rob's headed out to church...where they're holding a prayer meeting. I'm hanging back...watching Dateline...murder mystery stuff.
I've been monitoring the BS's throughout the day. The morning dose of that long lasting dope has worked as I'd hoped...in keeping the BS steady/even over the course of the day...and I've stayed LC, so as to not give the BS any reason to jump & require the fast acting dope. I want this approach to work!! I'm a little askeered though. If it were to turn out that I have this whole idea wrong...and the long lasting dope is actually the main culprit to the weight gain, and not the fast acting dope...well I've just doubled what I had been taking...so watch out!! Oh please don't let it go that direction!! I tallied up my insulin gain...and it comes in at 84 pounds!!
Loty, Thank you for the praise & continued/constant support. It's really so helpful, to have an ear, a shoulder and an encouraging cheerleader in my corner.
As for the refills...yes, all is well with that. My endo knows very well that I tweak the dope this/that way, and if I needed to get more of something...that wouldn't be an issue. Thank God!! That part is really easy-peasy, right now.

I'm gonna jump back & see what y'all have been up to!! Back in a jiff!!

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 03-02-2013 at 06:35 PM..
Old 03-02-2013, 06:35 PM   #1378
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Naty, MmMMMmm...Butter Roast!! That sounds Delish!! I've never had Bison. You're a wild women Naty!!

Hi Teri!! What kind of work do you do? So if you could snap your fingers...would you choose to be back in Santa Barbara?
Old 03-02-2013, 06:50 PM   #1379
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lote, that's Great that all went well with the little swimmers today...except for that nudy part. That would have thrown me for a loop as a kiddo too. As a matter of fact, that shared showering sitchy still bugs me!! Why?! I totally disagree with it!! That's horrible!!
That's a real good reason to never get ourselves put in jail!! Way too much shared experiences!! NO!!

Oh boy, your Grandma is gonna Love her Birthday gifties!! Love them!! I wanna have Chocolates while I read in bed at night too!! Maybe when I reach the hospice stage...I'll have audio books & LOTS of Chocolates!! Shove it diabetes!!

Is a naked burrito a burrito that is not topped with wet goodies? So like the sorta thing that you would hold in your hand...with a wrapper, rather than in a plate? I LOVE both kinds!!
Old 03-02-2013, 07:07 PM   #1380
Blabbermouth!!!

yes, lets stay out of jail for that very reason! And I totally agree...when its time...eat the chocolate!

So is that an answer you can google to find out? See which dope it is that is supposed to cause the gain? How long have you been doing a high fat diet? What happens when you do more of a mod fat diet. Maybe cutting a few cals will help. Have you done a cal check in awhile? I know you like your HWC, i was drinking about 600 a day. Just random thought....obviously I am not in a position to give advice...can't lose myself either I have been googling some new ideas myself tonight. I NEED to drop some before this wedding!!!!!!!!

The naked burrito is just the filling. No shell. had shredded beef, black beans, cheese, salsa and sour cream. Was ok. I'm not a huge fan of the restaurant.
Closed Thread