Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2013, 07:01 PM   #1141
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: lotus33
Stats: 220/214/130
WOE: smash up of a few
Start Date: 3-17-14
Hmmm...nope! Why are they in such peril? What has happened to the boat
I did go on one when I was about 22. I should dig up pics and show ya. It was super fun!

How bout you, ever go on one? Oh you guys could hit an alaskan one over there!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2013, 07:13 PM   #1142
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
WOE: Atkins-Bernstien-High FAT
Start Date: 9/20/2001
Well I haven't heard a bunch of details on it...but from what I gather, there was some issue created that knocked out all of the plumbing. They haven't been able to flush toilets...there's sewage back up on the floors, and they've passed out baggies for people to do their bizz in. Apparently they're supposed to leave the bags outside of their cabins. They say it stinks like a huge ripe portapotty. There's no airconditioning and it's been hot during the days & extra stinky because of it. Their food supply has been extremely short and they've been living off of veggie sandwiches. Another boat came by to deliver chicken sandwiches...and people became ill after eating them. I guess the ship had lost ability to power itself across the water...so they sent out some little tuggy type boat to pull it back to shore...but the cable thing broke. That may have happened more than once. I guess the situation has been really horrible for a couple/few days now. What a rough time!!

Yes share your piccys!! I bet that was a fun time!! Was ML with you as well? How many days was your trip? Where did you go?
No, we've never been on a cruise. The closest I've came was on ferry boats in San Fran and Canada. Big difference from a ship!!
Old 02-14-2013, 07:16 PM   #1143
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh yeah, and I guess the chicken sandwich line was like 4+ hours!!
Old 02-14-2013, 07:22 PM   #1144
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My gosh!!!!!!! Wonder why they arent pulling up another boat to it and getting them off there!!!! How horrible!!!People are going to be soooo soooo sick!
Old 02-14-2013, 07:30 PM   #1145
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah, well that's what I was wondering too!! I was thinking they could have another ship haul out there & let people board a fresh ship. But maybe that wouldn't work, cause maybe getting a ship out there would have been too slow & they thought they'd already have it pulled to shore by now...not expecting to run into the troubles that they have.
I don't know, but it sounds like they've run into one problem after another.
What a horrible time to be sick...with no water!! Just an awful time!!
Old 02-14-2013, 08:32 PM   #1146
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

How lazy is this, ML went to bed and I am still up waiting for SIL to arrive. He wanted to tell me something so he called me on the phone!

She better hurry up and get here, I am so sleepy I am getting sick to my stomach I get nauseous when too tired.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:04 AM   #1147
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's somethin' pretty funny there...that he called ya, while in the same homestead...to chat w/ya. What a silly guy.

What kinda deal is that?! You get sicky when you're over tired? So when you say you're sick & tired...you mean it!! That's awful!!
I ususally get a headache tryin' to come on, when I'm too tired to be alive. Do you get headaches too?

I'm wakey & I'm irritated that I'm such a fatty & I'm not happy with the new foundation or a couple of the stupid nude lipsticks I just picked up!! The list of madz just kept growing. I've been trying to get back to sleep for an hour, but the frustration with it all just got the better of me & I got up. Hmmmm...I'm beginning to wonder if Tom's lurking. I'll have to look on the calendar to be sure...but I'm thinking the 18th'ish. So, maybe that's where this psychoticness is coming from.

I may run to the next town over with CT today...or not. I'll decide on that later. Plus she thinks she needs help securing a plane ticket for her trip. That whole travel sitchy that she's trying to put together seems never ending!! But, at least she knows at this point, if she's to decide to use the train...nobody around here is signing up to make obscene amounts of trips in the dark to help make that happen. Bus it or no train.

What's going on in Lotyville today? You have Little's home for the afternoon, right? Oh yeah, dental cleaning field trips!! Any other -fun- stops planned?
Old 02-15-2013, 07:45 AM   #1148
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning Lotester!! Happy Friday!!

B: LC Yogurt and most importantly...Green Bell goodness!! Yah!!

Gonna hit some dailys around here this morning & try to mess around with a lighter hand w/the foundation.
I'm thinking of making some Clam Chowder, so as to not have to make it tomorrow.
I'm leaning towards staying home this afternoon, rather than galavanting w/CT. I just don't know that I've got the patience/tolerance for it today.

What's goin' down in Loty-Town?!
Old 02-15-2013, 08:05 AM   #1149
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh what an irritating thing! I hear ya though! Obviously I go through those bouts myself! Truth be told I imagine if I allowed myself to those bouts would be consuming a lot more of my time than they do! But it helps to come on here and get it out and then move on. Sometimes I think just ignoring it all the time is what gets a person on the verge of mental breakdown when it does rear its ugly head!!

Yes, I get down right sick to my stomach when too tired. Always have, no idea why

So today is back on with counting cals and using that site to track things. I made it through all that ridiculousness of eating and am at 215. I was expecting today to see back up to 220! But I made it through all that cooking, shower, mexican, fat tuesday, and valentines with really no gain so I suppose I should be glad about that huh?!

The kids appt is at 2 so we are sort of just chillin till then. I am going to do some light cleaning and then try to get some fitness on Kids are playing wii.

What did you decide to do for your outing with CT?? omg the trips plans are still in the works??? I bet she could trick one of the *weak minded* lady friends of hers to drive her to the station!
Ends up being the biggest step of your life.
Tip toe if you must,
but take the step.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:08 AM   #1150
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh just saw you post. yes I think skipping out on the outing is wise! Hanging with CT type people while in a funk is noooooo good!!!

Oh yes, the makeup. Well, I never find foundation I like. I just do loose powder. Like the foundation type. Nudey lips I think look great if you have a tan or are darker skinned, tends to wash fair colored peeps out most of the time! Did you buy a matte color or did it have some sheen. I think that makes a big diff too!
Old 02-15-2013, 04:35 PM   #1151
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Bleck...what a day. My Dad sent me an email earlier that he had to shoot his dog Ginger today. He tried to get her into a vet, to have her put down, but couldn't get her in any earlier than Tuesday. He'd had her for over 10 years. She was a little Doxen and loved him more than anything in the whole world. She'd been abandoned several times before I got her & ended up especially taking to him, right away. At the time he was living on our property...there at the Coast. She seemed to want to stay close to him all the time, so she became his. She'd scream bloody murder when ever he'd leave the house & wouldn't leave his side when they were together. He treated her like his little daughter. His note broke my heart today. He was crying as he wrote it and just straight shattered.

Anyway, I bawled reading his note...sent him a reply back & layed down for a nap. I woke up just over 2.5 hr.'s later, to CT calling, asking if I was ready to look into booking her flights. She just left...and the flights are still not booked. We'll pick up again probably tomorrow.

More to come...
Old 02-15-2013, 05:02 PM   #1152
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I agree with you on gettin' the -bouts- out. It's very helpful, and after I spouted off last night, in the middle of the night...I did go right to sleep. Thankie.

What brand of powder/foundation do you use? Maybe it's something I need to try. I'd been using nothing but powder for the longest time, as well...until me & that lame mail order make up company had our falling out a while back. I'd prefer (VERY much) to stick with the powder, as I reallllly dislike wearing liquid foundation in the hot months. But, I've been so desperate to have something cover up the reddy'uneven tendencies of my complextion, that I picked up some liquid Revlon. It had been so long since I'd used a liquid...and this was all on the heels of watchin' some young buck with young skin apply her liquid make up, on you-tube...that I went all gung ho with gettin' my coverage on!! Whoa...slow it down Nelly!! By the late afternoon it was lookin' all tore up on me...and had settled into every pore...like water to a dry sponge...and it was cakey too. Add my use of nude lipstick, and I was lookin' Goooooood!!
Today I had better luck, with using a verrrry light hand with that foundation, and colored gloss.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:07 PM   #1153
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's Wonderful news that you saw some reasonable #'s this morning!! What a relief!! I bet you were sweatin' it before gettin' on there!! Great news!! How's your tracking going?!

So funny about pressing the *weak willed women* to bust things out!! No doubt!!

How did the Little Loty's fair with their appt.'s today?? What else did you do today?!

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 02-15-2013 at 05:08 PM..
Old 02-15-2013, 05:24 PM   #1154
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So...I LOVE this shade & the idea.

Question...if you knew it would turn out -something- like this, would you do it? Considering work & all that jazz? This is assuming that it would be semi-perm.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg purple-colored-hair-gel.jpg (27.7 KB, 2 views)
Old 02-15-2013, 06:59 PM   #1155
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh the horror of all that!!!! Oh I just am sick to my stomach thinking about him having to do that. My gosh I just can't imagine at all having to do that! I sure hope he can find some peace shortly after all that! Your poor poor Dad!

I used to use liquid foundation when my skin was young I just use Avon mineral powder. Its only like 12.00 and usually on sale a few times a year. I mix a color along with a translucent because straight color alone looks heavy. Seems to do the trick for my redness but I have to make sure to use lotion, if my skin is dry at all its terrible looking!!!

So the girls and I went shopping and got supplies for the t-shirt crafts we wanted to try. So far the one that uses sharpie marker and rubbing alcohol is a total fave!!! Just hoping they are ok after washing! Will know tomorrow! I tried to make one look like a tye dye Mickey Mouse for the SO. It looked like tye dye boobs! I am adding to it now!

Oh no I would not do that to my hair! You go right on ahead with your bad self though!!! I would *think* about the colored peek a boo highlights but not a full head of it! It is pretty though!
Old 02-15-2013, 08:18 PM   #1156
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ugggh, yes...I'm just heartsick for my Dad, over the whole thing. It's one thing to have put your little baby down...but to have to do it yourself!! Talk about traumatic!! I know he is just fully heartbroken. I'm praying that he's given some peace in all this...just knowing that she's no longer suffering. Oh my gosh some of life's stuff is HARD!!

Hmmm, I may look into Avon's goodies. I most definitely -have to- wear a moisturizer underneath as well. So in your case, you'd be using your glamourous C. Crawford potions, right? Are you pleased with that particular combo of the lotions & powders together?

Tyedyed boobage!! What a funny visual!! I'd think that would require a LOT of addtional artsifying...to attempt to balance that action out!!

Hey, imagine...the purple hair with the purple Grape Ape jacket!! I would love to try that color out...on the WHOLE HEAD...but I might not be that brave, at this size. Not to mention, there's so much dark brown still hanging on in my hair...that I'd guess I'd have to get into bleaching, in order to get the color. Not interested in all that. But, I am willing to think about taking the 2 Grape Kool-aid packets we have & mixing them into some leave in conditioner tomorrow, during Spa day...and having the Hunky apply them to the lightest areas of my hair. I would think that it would need to stay in for hours...or an entire day possibly. That's the plan!!
Speaking of Spa day...I think I'm lookin' at a combo of light pink & lavendar polishes for all the pigs...with small flecked glitter as the top coat. I might give the Dude a clear coat. We'll do some footie soaks w/epsom salts & essential oils and finish with some lotioned reflexology.
The facials will likely be a base of EVOO oil & a teeny bit of Tea Tree oil. Hunky may get a maintenance haircut.
The menu is going to be verrrry basic...Clam Chowder & Shrimp w/cocktail sauce. I reckon I better refrain from the shrimpys, as they usually give me just the slightest mouth reaction, and with my mouth already being so prone to feeling welt'ish...it probably would just worsten that whole deal.
We have 2 videos we're planning on watching, put out by one of our fave pastor fellows...and there was something Rob came up with, that at the time sounded like a really good idea, as his great contribution of ideas...and now neither one of us can recall what it was. That be it!!

Are you still planning to get in on the action? If so, what are your thoughts? Would the Little's be involved in any of it...or would it just be Loty's-time?
Old 02-15-2013, 08:54 PM   #1157
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I did it!! I'd thought that I'd fully signed up with Pinterest a while back...but I guess I wasn't a full fledged member!! I am now. I tried to invite you...but I'm not sure if I filled it out right. I filled in the full name of W____ S_____.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:57 PM   #1158
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I will try again with the longer version...including J.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:50 PM   #1159
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hope you love birds are having a great ~spa day~

I tried to get on here earlier but the dang computer was freezing up so much I gave up!

I will check back in with ya later!
Old 02-16-2013, 02:51 PM   #1160
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlKickinIt View Post
I did it!! I'd thought that I'd fully signed up with Pinterest a while back...but I guess I wasn't a full fledged member!! I am now. I tried to invite you...but I'm not sure if I filled it out right. I filled in the full name of W____ S_____.
I couldn't find you either! Sent a request through FB but never have done that before so not even sure how that works
Old 02-16-2013, 07:35 PM   #1161
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh contraire!! It's turned out to be just about anything other than a *Spa~Day*!! Maybe another time...
Rob was churchie all morning, as planned. I DID get to the oil slick facial, right after the shower, while he was out...but that's about it. We took nearly 3 hours naps when he got home , and was wolk up with a call from my step-mom, concerned about my Dad. Mostly the entire rest of the day has been all about steering thru grief.
There is still a couple more hours before crash time, but really, I feel nothing like being *Spa'ish*. However...I should consider what kind of time crunch I'll be up against tomorrow, before heading out to church, if I don't handle at the very least...a mani.

What did you do today??

I am still not sure how to make the connect with you on the P. The invite I received from you, thru FBook, leads me to the P site...but nothing that could connect me to you, specifically. I've entered in all your alias names...and still can't pull you up!!
I have my first and last name on there. The first name is minus the -a- at the end of it...so it looks like the boy version. Girlkickinit is another thing they've got me down as.

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 02-16-2013 at 07:38 PM..
Old 02-16-2013, 09:36 PM   #1162
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good grief!! I had a heck of a time figuring out how to find you!! Turns out that once I had your name in there...all I had to do was hit *Pinner*.
<---Not a fast learner on the computer!! So I'm a follower now!! Now I'm gonna go steal some of your good finds!!
Old 02-17-2013, 08:08 AM   #1163
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning Sunday!!

Just a quick run through here!! I've got go put myself together for the day, and then we're headin' off to church it up. I went with the *trailer park trim* mani, to disguise the ugly truth. I will deal with it all later.
I threw a tri-tip roast into the crock along with one of those -spendy dip- onion/garlic packets. It -might- be ready for lunches when we return.
At the very least it'll stink up the house with goodness!!

Today is your -Takin' your life in your very own hands- Detriot day!! I hope you guys have an easy time with your travels to & fro...and that you enjoy your party time even far more than you might expect!! And come home alive!!

Okee-dokey art-ee-chokey!! I'll see you soon!!

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 02-17-2013 at 08:10 AM..
Old 02-17-2013, 07:28 PM   #1164
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh I would love to stay and chat but I am soooo sooooo sooooo tired! Just got home, left home at 11. But bonus, we didn't get shot

See you tomorrow!
Old 02-18-2013, 08:02 AM   #1165
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning!! Happy Monday!!

Wowzeroo, you had such a long day yesterday!! I'm so Glad you made it through...without getting shot dead!! Was it a Fun filled family time?! So now you have a little break from all the shower hoopla's for awhile...what's next, on your part, in prep for the wedding?

Our yesterday was reorganized on the fly. Rob suggested that if I wanted to...we could hang back from churchy & watch some of our churchy videos...of one of our other fave pastors, James McDondald. OK!! So that was Awesome!! Then we headed out to one of the big dog parks around here. We were super nervous about letting the kids loose to play with the others out there, as we've never done that before, but there was no issue at all...and these two had a blast!! It was a lot of fun for all of us!! We're wanting to take them out there again today. When it warms up in the spring/summer, it's something that we'll be able to walk them to. Until then, I'm thinking that I'll use the time that they're romping around out there, to walk laps, within the fencing. Gonna use the pedo to track mileage!!

So I'm not sure which direction I'm gonna go with this day. CT & I may head to Bend, in which case I may try to sneak in a mini market hit later today, or we won't go & I'll make it a bigger shop out on my own at the market, here in town. Either way, when the childrens father comes home for the day...we all wanna scoot out to their smellville park. Oh yeah, speaking of smellville...Rob thought he'd stepped into some dog log out there yesterday. As we were driving home & kept mentioning that he thought he must be packing or something, cause it STANK!! No, he wasn't. I was!! Both shoes...one of them FULLY packed!! Oh yeah...and they're my new special walking shoes, that I had bought the inserts for. Hunky took 'em out and powerwashed them for me, out in the back yard. I was soooooo happy & thankful that he offered to clean them for me!! I'd have likely gotten it all over me...like a time or two before.

So I did indeed bust a move on the fitness routine this morning...chowed healthy, took some vites & dope...and I'm ready to rock on with the search for pretties!!

I hope you got some good rests last night & are off to a Good start this morning!! Chat soon!!
Old 02-18-2013, 08:22 AM   #1166
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

good morning! I slept in until 10:30 Couldn't believe what the clock was saying to me!! Needed it though, yesterday was just exhausting! Oh and just think I get to do that again in about a month to take ML to the airport! Oh he got an earful last night about that! Trust me!

So you know how you get an idea in your head and then your just disappointed? This shower was at a Yacht club in what I thought was a ritzy part of Detroit suburbs. Ha! It was a little hole in the wall place in the boonies, I am not even sure how it was considered a Yacht club? And lunch was a cup of soup, small salad, and 1/2 a crossiant Hmmph! So clearly my shower was better

Oh and yes, Detroit is awful! Parts of it I am sure can be fine but it has been the 1 or 2 most dangerous city the last 4 years straight and is always in the top 10. I do not go there! This place was south of D-town but I still had to take the freeway through the center of it ~scary! Actually I just looked, Flint MI (which is where Ava was born because they had a great NICU) is number 1 in the country and D-town is #2 for 2012! Awesome! The next town over from me is bad news too. Contrary to that my city was ranked #1 safest in the state and I think #79 for the whole country

Pic of the gift basket I made her, to remind her of her shower here. Oh and....notice I used not 1 but 2 of my new dish towels to line the basket!!!! So it is dang near panic time I am only down to 16 left!!!!!

IMG_20130217_093520.jpg

IMG_20130217_095008.jpg

Oh and I am joining TOPS (take off pounds sensibly) on Wed. I went this fall and was going to join with my MIL but I was the youngest there by about 84 years so I was not really into it. I would not be following their plan either its just a place to have to publicly weigh in. Its like a knock-off weigh watcher. Super cheap too, like $20 initially and then $2 per week I think. Anyway just going to do it so I have the shame of going and weighing in! wish me luck!!!!

Today I am getting a little caught up around here and then we are headed to Kohls again to shop it out for G. They had some 70-80% off racks and MIL has a 30% off coupon on top of that so going to see about some clothes for next year! Uhg then I am going to need a serious break from MIL!!!!
Old 02-18-2013, 08:34 AM   #1167
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Bummer on the spa day but oh my! What an awful thing for your Dad. i just remember the horror I felt taking my favorite dog in to be put down and that is just nothing nothing nothing in comparison to what he did. I just don't know how one pulls the trigger. This is going to take lots of healing and most likely he will not get over it truly.

my favorite boy was like your Dad and his dog. We were just best buds and he just loved me. Always wherever I was and everytime he was in the car he would stand on the back seat and have his head on my shoulder and just stay like that the whole time. Even the day I took him when he was feeling so awful he had his head on my shoulder and I cried so hard I am not sure how I ever made it there alive! Oh and you know in you head you have to do it and you can tell yourself all you want it was the right thing to do but you know darn well we are selfish beings and would gladly keep them here whatever the cost

many peacfull thoughts headed your Dad's way

Here is my Brody. Oh jeesh, now I am crying!
003.jpg
Old 02-18-2013, 01:33 PM   #1168
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh man I love sales at Kohls!!!

Saved 11400.00!!!! Spent 360.00 but got 70.00 in store cash to spend tomorrow!

G is funny, she is getting a very sophisticated sense of style. Lots of jackets and tops, or loty style type clothes. Oh and then the occasional tweety bird shirt thrown in!

I have the serious don't wanna's for school tonight!!! Uhg...I better go though
Old 02-18-2013, 02:37 PM   #1169
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
hi all, i'm on well my version dukan...staying on attack phase..

i wonder my prob is 6 days started and the weight water retaining due too(hoping) senna..so redo today avoid. no cal count

however feel hungrier then most days had norm 16pc chiken thighs(8)/drums(8) skinless boiled and 13cups liquid

wonder how bad be cook 4 more for a snack of thighs skinless

trying avoid fat and lactose intolerant but crave egg whites n nf cottage cheese

but keeping to meat
Old 02-18-2013, 06:52 PM   #1170
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natosha120 View Post
hi all, i'm on well my version dukan...staying on attack phase..

i wonder my prob is 6 days started and the weight water retaining due too(hoping) senna..so redo today avoid. no cal count

however feel hungrier then most days had norm 16pc chiken thighs(8)/drums(8) skinless boiled and 13cups liquid

wonder how bad be cook 4 more for a snack of thighs skinless

trying avoid fat and lactose intolerant but crave egg whites n nf cottage cheese

but keeping to meat
Closed Thread