Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2013, 08:43 AM   #1111
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
WOE: Atkins-Bernstien-High FAT
Start Date: 9/20/2001
Look at the pretties!! Some folks are so creative!!
I'm not not gonna do anything to any of the pigs, till Saturday-Spa day. I may then consider doing each one a different color.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Coolness.jpg (11.7 KB, 1 views)

Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2013, 09:04 AM   #1112
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
WOE: mostly raw, plant based
Start Date: 9-1-14
OH no you didn't!!!! My kids have wanted those slippers for~evah!!! How do you feel like they are working out for you? And yes, I agree! You should get paid for all your work! Thats the sucky part of being home...the pay stinks! But the good benefits make up for it for sure!! How long has it been since you worked out of the home? Not sure I know this or not

Yes I want those nails!!! I *think* its just iridescent polish Pretty sure. I just need to get some!!!!

Ok survey says...
~yup pres day is the reason for Monday off
~nope not staying in D-town. Was offered to stay at SO mom's but declined
~Its just over 2 hrs away (and I hate it there!!!) actually the shower is south of Detroit at a yacht club so there should be only a slight chance of getting shot at
~Uh- BOO on the crepper delivery!!! For real!!! That would NOT make me happy
~Did I mention I hate Detroit

Ava is having a good rest. On the couch with 2 dogs and watching E.T. I am still trying for that nap too!

I had eggs with ham and green peppers in it this am. Not sure on din~din yet I have to get something planned though! There is some pizza leftover for the kids, may just have them eat that and I will have something else. I need to get groceries! Super badly!

Are you doing straight up ol fashioned crunches? I have a hard time with them because of my neck/back issues but if I do mock ones on the big exercise ball it seems ok

Sep 1~223, Oct 1~210
Old 02-13-2013, 09:23 AM   #1113
Blabbermouth!!!

Here are a few pic of the shower that SIL took, wish I had brought my camera!! I would have like a shot of the whole room, it looked really pretty with all the tables set!

imagejpeg_2 (1).jpg

imagejpeg_2 (4).jpg

imagejpeg_2 (11).jpg

imagejpeg_2 (7).jpg
Old 02-13-2013, 09:25 AM   #1114
Blabbermouth!!!

food pics

imagejpeg_2 (5).jpg

imagejpeg_2 (10).jpg

imagejpeg_2 (2).jpg

imagejpeg_2 (3).jpg
Old 02-13-2013, 09:37 AM   #1115
Blabbermouth!!!

dessert pics

There was tons more desserts but she only took these pics

imagejpeg_2 (9).jpg

imagejpeg_2 (13).jpg

imagejpeg_2 (14).jpg
Old 02-13-2013, 09:57 AM   #1116
Blabbermouth!!!

forgot these guys

imagejpeg_2 (15).jpg

imagejpeg_2 (16).jpg
Old 02-13-2013, 03:28 PM   #1117
Blabbermouth!!!

Well a nap did happen which puts me behind but oh well. I needed it! Then I ran to Kohls with MIL, she had a 30% off coupon and I wanted a table cloth and some new kitchen towels. So now spending the rest of the night finishing up what I didn't get done!
Old 02-13-2013, 05:07 PM   #1118
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Most excellent that you got your nap in today!!
How's Little A feeling, after all her rests?
Fun that you got to get some shopping in too, and with a discount too!! What color table cloth & kitchy towels did you get?

Those trays of goodies look like something I'd totally expect a fancy catering joint to put together!! You've got such a knack & eye for *fancy*!! Ever thought of catering as your next bizz venture?????
And, now please excuse me...while I dose up, from all the sweet visions I just had!! Wow!!

Still reading thru the previous notes...so more to come!!
Old 02-13-2013, 05:36 PM   #1119
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So the duster-sweeper slippers are getting an A+ so far. They're comfy, fit well and they most certainly do their job picking up Kiki hair!! The other half of the test will come when they're washed. They must come totally clean, or there will be epic levels of dissatisfaction. I'll letcha know of the outcome!!

Oh lets see...the last income earning I did outside of the homestead...would have been caretaking at an adult foster home/hospice home. I worked there part time, split shifts, during the day. During that same time, Rob & I were instructing Karate in the evenings. This was all prior to beginning in with the insulin...and my blood sugars were running super high, all of the time. But we didn't have insurance at the time, so I just pushed thru...until I flat couldn't anymore. I had quite litteraly became sicker than most of the oldies I was caring for. Right about that time, we got an offer on our Coast property...so I just gave notice. Bossman knew I was horribly ill & didn't require the 2 weeks. I also pulled out of Karate at that point. I was mostly homebound for the remainder of time we spent at the Coast, trying to wrap up the sale of that property & the purchase of this one. Rob got a job immediately, once we moved out here & I waited out the time neccesary before he was to be eligible for bennies. The very day that I had the insurance card in my hand, I was hospitalized in the ICU w/the Diabetic Keto Acidosis...in a baaaad way. Thank God for insurance...and a Husband who is willing to work for it!!
Long answer for a short question!!
Old 02-13-2013, 05:53 PM   #1120
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh yikerzz, so Detroit is kinda scary?! I hate scary!! What time is the party? Do you imagine you'll be able to get back home before dark? Take my word for it...ya gotta watch out for the orange cats in the road, if you're gonna be out late!!

Did you see on pinterest that someone has gotten their bloody brilliant on them and used a bell pepper as the "bread", that they're stuffing their sandwich goods into?! I'm gonna try to slice it down one side only, and attempt to clear it out of it's seed/membrane yuck & then get a little layer of mayo & mustard in there and stuff it with ham & swiss. YES I AM!! If that doesn't work, then I suppose I'll just slice the pepper into two sides and go for it. I just think it'll hold it's goodies better if it's opened on only one side. We'll see!! I'm 1st gonna try a red bell, cause that's what the smarty on pinterest showed.
*I found a horseradish mustard today at Safeways!! OK!!

Hmmmm...I don't know if I know what a mock crunch is. I think I only know about sit-ups...which I definitely DON'T do...and then cruches, where my shoulders barely come off the ground at all. I wouldn't think ANY of that would be a good idea for someone with neck issues!! So tell me about the mock crunch...if it's different that what I described. I'm thinking it sounds like I sit on the couch and blink....TA-DA...mock crunch!!
Old 02-13-2013, 05:53 PM   #1121
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh I bet that was a scary time!!! Glad you got ins now!! You'd most likely not be here today!!!!

Another sort of similarity is discovered! Or maybe I told you this before ....heck I can't remember. I volunteered for a time at a hospice house too. They had to be within 3 months of passing.

The table cloth is blue but its going back. I thought it matched my walls but my walls a little grey~ish blue and it doesn't match. The towels are all kinds of pastels. I am trying to cut back on my paper towel addiction! LOL Got 18 new dish towels so I can go through a bunch in a day if I want! I probably go through 1 roll of paper towel a day. So wasteful
Old 02-13-2013, 05:59 PM   #1122
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh its not really fake just not on the floor and offers a little more support, I took a pic of me this am doing it

Um yum! Just searched out the pepper sammy!
Old 02-13-2013, 06:01 PM   #1123
Blabbermouth!!!

I do have this thing though. Remember infomercial queen here!
Old 02-13-2013, 06:02 PM   #1124
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So earlier when the Hunk left out for his d-cleaning, I hauled outta here with CT, as she called & wanted to know if I had any running around town to do, as she was heading out. We went to Walmart. I picked up some foundation-foundation brush & hairspray. It was sooooo busy there...with all the Valentine shoppers. It was quite overwhelming & hard to even get around in there. Then we went onto Safeways & shopped out groceries. Later on I bailed out to Fred Meyers & picked up some nude lipsticks...<---something else the pinterest girls insist I know about!!

Got home to find the mail gal did us right today!! So....I will begin the process of repackaging, in order to send out to my bud!!
Old 02-13-2013, 06:12 PM   #1125
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I don't know what kinda obscene piccy you're trying to share with me on that last one...but I can clearly see that it comes with attachments!! Hook!!

I thought that was you on that medicine ball!! The muscle build gave it away!!

No, I don't think I knew about your hospice experience. Is that something you think you'd ever do again?

What on earth?!?!? EIGHTEEN kitchen towels?!?!? There's something going on right there!! Ummm, some diagnosis...maybe some OCD & hoarding tendencies?! WHAT?! I'm sure I've never heard of such a thing!!
Old 02-13-2013, 06:25 PM   #1126
Blabbermouth!!!

see how easily swayed I am to buy junk???

Hmmmph! Now that you say it, I suppose it was a lot! Well I had no dish towels so I thought one would need a lot! Guess I been told now!

Uh thats a big no on the hospice! I HATE diapers on a baby little lone a full grown man!!!!!
Old 02-13-2013, 06:45 PM   #1127
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh dear...you & CT!! I was just telling her today..."You've gotta stop watchin' those things!!" That convo came about as we were at the post office, returning yet another -must have- infomercial item...that she had to throw postage $'s at to get returned to them!! She's -always- ordering some sorta goodie!!

The Ab Blaster looks like it would be a good piece. Do you use it...ever?

Your dish towel buy out just has me cracking up!! I don't know that I'd tell people about that...ya may wanna keep that one on the hush-hush.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:51 PM   #1128
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes I used it the whole 6 seconds recommended! Didn't do a dang thing!

Well now that I am in the know on the towel sitchy, I am giggling a bit myself! Who woulda thunk it?! Here I was thinking it was a good ~start~ Ok no more towels!!! And mums the word!!!

Running one last load of laundry and then going to iron up a bit of things. Don't feel as though I was very productive today! And only got in 20 min walking. I can't believe how food effects the way you feel so much! I am real sluggish and tired from carbo overload I guess from last night.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:04 PM   #1129
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dang thing didn't work then!! I mean if you worked it over for the full 6 seconds!!

Ok June...you get your laundry & ironing knocked out, so you can feel better about your production level for the day. Totally Thunderstood.

Boy I know whatcha mean about the food choices havin' the power to haunt ya!! It's not fair!! No it ain't!!

K, get to work women!!
Old 02-14-2013, 07:45 AM   #1130
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning Valentines Day!!

The packed red bell was soooooooooooo good!! That's the newest fave!! This mornings goodness was packed with hammy, spread with mayo & mustard and some swiss. I was gonna try to manage that bad boy whole...but ended up having to slice it totally in half and smash it down a bit. It held together surprisingly well!! I'm thinking that it would be great to throw sliced peppers on the grill and give them just a bit of time on there to pick up that grilled flave & then stuff it, for something a little different. Roastbeef would sure be good in there!! MmmMMMmMm...maybe some creamcheese!! YUM!! Winner!!

Nothing major planned for the day. Gonna go get ready...handle the dailys, lunches and see what looks like it's callin' loudest for attention around here.

Happy Valentines Day and Loty Anniversary Day!!
Aside from worky, what's going on in Lotyville today?!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Packed Pepper.jpg (38.6 KB, 2 views)
Old 02-14-2013, 09:30 AM   #1131
Blabbermouth!!!

Just a quickie to day Happy Valentines!!!

Won't be back on till late tonight

Mmm....that looks AWE~SOME~LY yummy!
Old 02-14-2013, 02:33 PM   #1132
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I guess today has just turned into choring. Just piddly stuff...but it's kept me at it all day.

Tryin' to coffee up right now. CT phoned & she wants me to head over there & give the highly coveted opinion on her new install of a backplash in her kitchy.

How's Loty's day movin' along?!
Old 02-14-2013, 04:56 PM   #1133
Blabbermouth!!!

oh my....mama is tired!! And I have to stay up because SIL is staying the night here tonight but not arriving until after 11:00 She has to be back up at 6 and I am much closer to her work than going all the way home.

Soooooooo.....how was the backsplash???? Purdy? Did she do it herself or have it done? A little late on opinions since it already installed

Went to G's V-Day party and one of the Dad's decided to entertain the children with guitar playing and singing Holy smokes!!! Epic...yeah I said it....Epic Fail!!! He played well, sang bad! And wanted to share some original works of his Then home for a bit, basketball game, we lost by 2 but G had the best shot of the night!!! It was super great, even the other teams coaches were cheering! Then A had gym but ML took her for me so I am home now washing bedding so SIL has a fresh clean bed at the Loty Inn. Also going to get the rest of the ironing done. I was up till 2 last night!!! Ironing linens and other things. I was going to use the cloth napkins I had bought off ebay for the shower but may rethink that if it is going to be so much ironing work for me!!!! We will see!

Not sure the plans the rest of the night. I was hoping to watch a movie but not sure now whats going down!

Whats on the plans for the evening up in the Hood's??
Old 02-14-2013, 04:56 PM   #1134
Blabbermouth!!!

When did you change your siggy to your alias name?? Your so ninja I never say that happen!
Old 02-14-2013, 06:29 PM   #1135
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Total ninja activity!! It was either this morn or yesterday that I did it...so not that long ago.

What a busy day you've had!! At least there was original EPIC singing involved, to help you get thru it!!
G must have been so proud of her shot!!

Whoa!! You meant serious bizznizz with your ironing last night!! That's unreal!! I think I have 4 sets of fabric napkins. I was sooooooooo excited about them...until they came out of the dryer & required me to iron them each time, in order for them to look fit to be on the table. I threw in my June towel on that action real quick. Now I use the cheapy plain paper napkins I buy in bulk & make 'em look fancy by folding them in half.

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 02-14-2013 at 06:30 PM..
Old 02-14-2013, 06:33 PM   #1136
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Did you rent a movie, or were you gonna try to catch something on TV?
Rob rented some sorta dude flick & watching it now.
Did you ever watch that Vampire movie?
Old 02-14-2013, 06:40 PM   #1137
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Remember I was telling you about CT's plight the other week, to get signatures. She said tonight that the only reason she didn't get the signatures she needed was because "those women are weak willed women, that can't make a decision on their own." Ummmmm, somehow I thought it was because they weren't in a position to give their signature. See the little spins that get put on things? Also, the oufit that she needed this info for, to meet their criteria...well in her words, because they're asking this of her..."they're acting un-christian like." WHAT?!

The backsplash looks great. She did a good job. They were peel & stick tiles...so not hard to botch.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:46 PM   #1138
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh we are just watching it now. Just started. Will give you a review tonight So far....weird. Not sure how you combine Abe Lincoln and vampire. I was the one who wanted to see this too, now I am not sure what I though was going to be good about it!

Yes, I was unaware that it would be so much ironing too! I was going to do some now but I am taking the night off
Old 02-14-2013, 06:49 PM   #1139
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlKickinIt View Post
Remember I was telling you about CT's plight the other week, to get signatures. She said tonight that the only reason she didn't get the signatures she needed was because "those women are weak willed women, that can't make a decision on their own." Ummmmm, somehow I thought it was because they weren't in a position to give their signature. See the little spins that get put on things? Also, the oufit that she needed this info for, to meet their criteria...well in her words, because they're asking this of her..."they're acting un-christian like." WHAT?!

The backsplash looks great. She did a good job. They were peel & stick tiles...so not hard to botch.
Oh CT!!! She's not gonna let up on that one huh!? Weak willed hey? Love it!!!
Old 02-14-2013, 06:51 PM   #1140
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Some people enjoy ironing...saying that they find it relaxing. I'm not one of them.

I threw those sweeper slippers in the wash/dryer, for their test drive at gettin' clean. I'm curious to see how they fair. They sure kept the floors lookin' cleaner of the Kiki hair and the dust factor. Could be onto something!!

Yeah, I don't know about that Abe-Vampire combo either!!

Oh yeah, did you hear about that Carnival ship that has all those folks on their ship, without plumbing...and running low on eats?? It sounds like a real night mare!!
Have you ever been on a cruise?
Closed Thread