Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 01:58 PM   #1021
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
WOE: Atkins-Bernstien-High FAT
Start Date: 9/20/2001
So the Hunk calls here around 9:30am and says that he'll be home at 11:00am as planned, but it can only be for a lunch break, as he had agreed to stay on for the entire day, as they're short staffed today. Bummer...but ok.
Then he shows up, ready for eats at 10:10am!! His bossman asked him to go ahead & split for lunch right then & get back as soon as he could. Tada...surprise...ready for eats right now!! Lunches on the fly turned out to be a couple angus hotdogs each, with saurkraut & mustard...plus a couple string cheeses. I've had about a handful of almonds since then & more coffee. All my choring is done!! Although I probably could/should do some mopping. Had to handle some insurance calls...one of which kept me on hold for 48 minutes!! Whatevv...I just kept on choring along.

I foresee a trip to the market & the pharma...in my very near future. I just don't have the wanna's!!

What's your eve lookin' like?!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2013, 05:09 PM   #1022
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: lotus33
Stats: 220/214/130
WOE: smash up of a few
Start Date: 3-17-14
Hola!!!!

I am going to have a series of posts because my computer is wonky tonight and I don't want to lose everything!

So a couple of things from past posts that I wanted to comment on and never got a chance...

~yes Jack has stopped itching, he is doing much better!
~Oh when I was grilling it was somewhere around the high teens.
~Thank you for all the kind words and listening to the crazy vents the other day
~ On your dad and the ~toilet water~ story!!! How cute!!!!
~I can't even describe that perfume. Its not super heavy but definitely not a crisp scent. Its very warm smelling but not overpowering. There was lots of reviews saying it was white tea smelling but I don't smell that at all. Dunno..but I like it! It is also not a scent you smell from far away. Like the boss lady wears something and it makes the whole office smell of it. This is not overpowering like that!
~I am going to look in more depth tonight at those links and formulate a concrete plan!
~OMG I can't even remember all the stuff I wanted to say now! Worst memory evah!!!

All the piccy's!!!! I think the slippers are super cute! I also LOVE LOVE the flooring you have in your bathroom! I think the paint color is way better than the green!!!

I love the Loty wear you have!!!! Cute!!! I never wear those little shoes and I always thing they are so cute too. I am not sure why I don't may have to try some out! You know I still can't wear heals and my foot is still hurting! I forgot to tell you one day I was wearing those inserts in my crocs and ran to the store and slowly it was inching its way out the back. I don't know how long it was like that, flopping out the back of my shoe! Must have looked like a crazy!!!! They do seem to be nicer inserts than the ones off the shelf, I just don't know what else to do as its still not right!

Ok....back for post part deux
Ends up being the biggest step of your life.
Tip toe if you must,
but take the step.

Last edited by lotus33; 02-06-2013 at 05:29 PM..
Old 02-06-2013, 05:27 PM   #1023
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Part deux...

Mmmm....I like the peppermint one too!! How did the Hunk like it?

So was your walk with CT productive today? Did you come to some sort of understanding about the sitch? Especially since there is another way to get her there it is just such a lot to ask a person to do! Although is she like my MIL and if you don't do what she requests she will pout profusely about it for the next few months???

Oh yes that was me that bought that illiterate boys DVD! AND.....he never takes his shirt off the whole time from what I have seen Well what was the point?! He also needs to stop talking! Good idea to do the work outs to the infomercials for motivations though! Problem is I tend to buy them ALL So that would never work for me! Do you have a work out channel on your TV? I found one on mine but haven't attempted it yet! So what have you found for us in your journeys thats gonna help us be superstars??

Oh forgot to comment on the hair. So the highlights are not even at all . Really heavy in one area and then NONE at all in the front The salon had a new policy that they cannot use the heat dryers to process hair anymore. Of coarse I don't know this at the start. So I tell her my hair takes about 3x as long as normal to process so don't worry about it. But I am sitting there and finally ask why I am not under a dryer, she is like oh we don't use them. I say I need it or this will never process. Nope no can do , against store policy! Guess who has orange highlights because it wouldn't lift any lighter with no heat?????? Yup me! Even with a toner put on it they are still orange. Going to have the boss lady try to fix them.

Ok part 3 coming up.....
Old 02-06-2013, 05:46 PM   #1024
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So the big boss guy talked about 3 triathalons he is doing this summer but NEVER mentioned the marathon. I would *think* if he was still planning on us doing it he would have mentioned it then. Lets hope hope hope he forgot! Or realizes its going to be awful on people!

So I am going to use a tracker for awhile and track cals. I had to get a new account as I forgot my username The reason being is that I grabbed a snack pack of almonds today at the store and was going to eat them for B. I looked at the pack and it was 3 servings at 180 cals a piece!!! I just couldn't believe it! It was something I would eat in a heartbeat and not think about it! I ate half the pack. Then I made a nice big salad for lunch. Just put it in ****** was around 1100 cals!!!!! Whoa!!!!!!! So I am at almost 1500 for the day and in my head I was about 600! Uh...portion distortion??? Jeesh! Even though they were good choices and I was under 30 g carbs for the day I really am not trying to eat 3000 cals a day! I just hate counting calories though. Well I am not really going to count them, just use it to be aware and conscious of them again. Clearly I quickly forget how quickly things add up!

I also am going to *try* really try to get up and do some exercise in the am before work. So I will have to go to bed earlier. Which I am not a fan of!! I like staying up. I am more a night owl. But I need to find some time to get this in and done and clearly I do not have the energy at the end of the day!!!!

Hey are you still taking those pills you had? Do you feel like they are helping at all?
Old 02-06-2013, 05:50 PM   #1025
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh my gosh, what just happened to me?! I feel like all the energy was just sucked right outta my viens!! Thanx nap.

Looks like I've got a little bit of reading to do!! BB in a min!!
Old 02-06-2013, 05:59 PM   #1026
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh forgot to tell you about the brilliant ML!

So we have a class project. A mock court room. 6 people were to be jurors, 1 judge, 7 lawyers with cases to present, and the rest of the class just had to write a paper. I was all like yeah for writing a paper. The teach asks who wants to be the judge they will get a little extra points than everyone else .....ol ML hand shoots right up in the air! So he is judge, and the teach is like well you can be his assistant if you want as he hand over a stack of file folders! ML eyes bug out and he is like whats this??? The teach is like its the 7 cases. As the judge you have to know all the cases. So we have to read through and know all these cases, where even if he had just wanted to be a lawyer they only have to learn their one case and argue it! Oh ML!!!!!! Sure add something else to my plate again!!! Cause you KNOW who is doing all this research and reading right?
Old 02-06-2013, 06:29 PM   #1027
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh boy oh boy!! I just don't know what to think of that fellow of yours!! Heel young buck, heel!! He sure keeps you busy, doesn't he?!

Awww yes, the peppermint goodness!! As soon as Hunky walked in the door...he was like "MmMMmmMm, it smells like chocolate mocha peppermint in here!!". He's likey!! I knew he would!! Peppermint is a favey of his.

CT & I never ended up hooking up today. Could be because it's been really chilly today & maybe she didn't wanna walk the kids in the cold. I dunno. She hasn't addressed my email on the transport issue specifically yet...other than to acknowledge that she got it...late last night & popped a note back to say that she'd read it today, when her brain was fresher & give it all some thought. Waiting...

So you're upset because your hip-hopper won't take his shirt off for you...yet he was shirtless all throughout his informercial. I'd call him out on it!! That's bait & switch!! So funny!! Tell him you've had enough of all that chit chat & your buddy wants him to practice writing his name the right way 20 times a day...till he gets it right.

Shippin' this note out...more to come!!

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 02-06-2013 at 06:36 PM.. Reason: Had to edit my heal to HEEL!!!!!! Geeeeesh!!
Old 02-06-2013, 06:37 PM   #1028
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Heal??? NO Lame, HEEL!!
Old 02-06-2013, 06:47 PM   #1029
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh your orange-sickle hairdo must have you FUMING!! Especially since you took your time with really thinking thru this whole process. I swear, that's why hairdo's get botched up...cause folk don't LISTEN!! You know your hair better than anyone...and if it needs the heat to set it...it needs the heat!! What was there issue with the anti-dryer deal? I haven't heard of anybody being anti-dryer, for any reason, at all, ever. WHY?! It sounds like they didn't know what the heck the were doing either, if they ended up getting a load all in one area, and then next to nothing on the other side. Oh my gosh, that is so irritating!! Are you considering contacting them about it...or are ya to raged to deal with them?
Aww, I see you're gonna give boss lady a shot at fixin'. Good deal!!
Old 02-06-2013, 06:49 PM   #1030
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh good grief!! I was referring to my use of Heal/Heel...not yours!! I just saw that you wrote about heal/heels too!! Funny!!
Yeah...I was trying to correct my use of it.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:54 PM   #1031
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlKickinIt View Post
Oh good grief!! I was referring to my use of Heal/Heel...not yours!! I just saw that you wrote about heal/heels too!! Funny!!
Yeah...I was trying to correct my use of it.
oh I know you have spelling and complete sentence issues!

Now I know how the Hunk feels!
Old 02-06-2013, 06:58 PM   #1032
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The visual of you in your crocks, with your inserts trailing out the back is cracking me up!! I have no idea how you couldn't know that they were slipping out!! Your poor unhealing heels!! Those little slipper style'ed sprakly shoes look really good with all my Loty-wear...as it completes a feminine look, but...I can't imagine trying to wear them with heels that are already having issues. NO. That would not be good. I'd think you'd wanna stay away from anything that's got the potential to rub that area, until it's totttttally healed up.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:00 PM   #1033
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

on the bait and switch!!! That is exactly what happened!!! I am going to have to write a letter or something! Funny I was talking about that DVD today with the boss lady! She wants to come over and do it. Uh...no! I don't like witnesses!

But......I am going to have the kids take some pics of me for some motivation Not sure the time frame...maybe next week. Although we are scheduled for quite a snowstorm tomorrow night so maybe if they have a snow day Friday I will consider it.

Oh its just horrifying to me!
Old 02-06-2013, 07:03 PM   #1034
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh you're such a smart alec!! Actually to celebrate & embrace the hardship in my love note bag writings...I wrote out a note with blanks...mad lib style, on his bag...so he could come up with his own words today. I can't be expected to do it all around here...all the time!!
Old 02-06-2013, 07:12 PM   #1035
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am so impressed with your grilling in the TEENS!! WOW!! Way to go Mrs. Macho!! I should do that too!!

You will be soooooo happy to have before photos, when you're on the -other side-!! Are you planning to be dressed up or down to as little as poss. or what?

I would *not* wanna be hip hoppin' with any witnesses either!! NO!! Is boss lady a thinny or is she packin' some heat like us?
Old 02-06-2013, 07:26 PM   #1036
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have no idea how I let the things fall out of my shoes and not notice for so long! I must have been in serious mode for shopping!

The boss lady *was* packing...then got a divorce Now she is dating and lost a bunch so to be able to play the field

Oh now that was really clever!!! Mad libs are my fave!!!!!!! Oh they still crack me up! The kids don't get as much enjoyment out of them that I do

Speaking of cracking up.....the other night I went to bed way before ML. I fall asleep like super fast, he came up and apparently was talking to me but I didn't hear him. I DID however hear him turn his lamp on. Out of a dead sleep I sprang up on all fours and screamed some sort of jibberish as though I was defending the whole place from stray bullets or some such nonsense! Oh heck I don't even know if sprang is a big enough word for what I did! It was total confusion and then me in the middle of the bed in fighting stance ready to take on the flippin lamp! So this extreme reaction to nothing got me a serious case of the giggles in which I could not stop. I would giggle giggle giggle loong exhale...calm for 15 seconds and repeat OMG I am giggling now just remembering the crazy!

uhg on that note...I better go to bed! Gotta get up and get my workout on in the am!
Old 02-06-2013, 07:38 PM   #1037
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You are something else!! I'm busting up over here over your recount of fightin' off the lamp, for your families honor & such!! That must have scared and cracked ML up?! I know how that is with the giggle X many giggles...sigh/gasp....giggle-giggle!! Awesomeness!!

OK, you go get your sleeps on!! We will bust a move tomorrow!!

*I didn't do the 20 min portion of kid walking today. I -could/should- do some biking or something to make up for it. I'll consider it.

**I'm not telling what our support system for RockStarring is. NOPE!! As if!! After I had to endure?!?! But, I will letcha know when it gets here...and once I get it ready to ship out.

Nightage!! See you tomorrow!!
Old 02-06-2013, 08:26 PM   #1038
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

<---Proudy McProudster!! I did indeed bust out another 20 min on the bike. Poor little kiddies didn't get anything out of it. It looks like it's gonna be really cold for most of the week too. I'm thinking of maybe shifting the kid walk to more biking for me & indoor ball & play time for them. That way we all get our little fitness session on and no one freezes to death doing it.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:39 PM   #1039
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I was just thinking...about your boss ladys divorce diet. I've seen that a lot over the years with women friends. Very effective for a time...usually I'm guessing because they're so distraught and stressed out. Finances are generally a major biggie all of a sudden...so maybe they're also afraid to spend any money at all...even for needed groceries. That's gotta be just horrible. I don't remember any of these women staying -light- though. As I recall, each of them that comes to mind ended up finding another fellow...gettin' comfy in their relationship/lives...and puttin' their heavy weight championship belts back on. It's just such a battle!! How long has the boss lady been apart from her husband and with the new catch?
Old 02-07-2013, 07:33 AM   #1040
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning!!

Boy I struggled with making myself do the work out routine this morning!! I did it though!!
So 20 min bike-20 min gazelle-8 sets of arm exercises @ 20 a piece & 100 crunches. I'll still wanna add at least 20 min of something else, before the day is up.

B was 1 turkey sausage patty-1 hardboiled egg-1/2 tiny baby avocado.
Iced GTea & coffees. Vites too!!

My stupid POS scales said bad things to me this morning...214. NO!! NO!! NO!! I'm really tryin' to shrug that rediculousness off...as I feel like I am doing all the right stuff. I suppose initially the focus should be about being consistant...and then once that battle is won...then adding extra effort...in either the form of additional time/cardio/pushing harder or a combo of all that. I'm hoping that those higher #'s have more to do with a smidge of water retention, than any true blue poundage. However...if I'm wrong about all this & that # keeps creeping...I think I'll throw myself onto some traintracks!!

I didn't make it to the market yesterday eve...so that's on the agenda for the afternoon. The daily chores...and making some more LC pizza for Hunky.

What's your day looking like?!

*Oh yeah, I had a wonder. How on earth would you be able to wear *real* shoes, in order to be able to pull off that silly notion of marathoning...if that all comes to fruition? That seems like it would be totally brutal on your heels!! Bust out your heels for Bossman to see, if he starts talking nonsense...cause I think that may do way too much harm to an already bad little sitchy. You tell 'em I said so!!

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 02-07-2013 at 07:35 AM..
Old 02-07-2013, 07:33 AM   #1041
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!

Hey the missing post is there...1024 I think if you didn't catch it in all the posting frenzy!

Just asked boss lady about the marathon. She said oh no its still on. Its a half one but come on...really?! Thats 13.1 miles! yeah that many eek faces are needed! I just don't know what to think about this! If I walked it at a steady 2.5 an hour, cause lets face it, even if I walked a little faster at some times by the end its going to be a 60 min mile! That is going to take over 5 hrs! Uhg...this thought is going on the back burner for the day! Yikes!

Oh the boss lady has been divorced about 6 months. I think she filed about this time last year but there is a 6 mo wait period in Michigan. Her and the new boy toy have been together a year. That wasn't the cause of the divorce though. The husband had moved out the year prior so really they had been split a year before she dated, just the paperwork didn't get started. I think she was waiting for a big change, but the ex DH was an alcoholic and lots of problems! I think she had started losing weight around the time she filed. She actually packed on a lot the year they were split from stress and then when she decided to file and go the new boy toy she lost it.

Hey I am down to 213 today! Well not that I am excited about that number but it went down!

Excellent work getting in more last night!!!!!!!!! I actually did get up this am but then I remembered I can't get my hair wet until tonight. Somthing about the toner she put in to take out the orangy~ness that she said do not get it wet for 48 hrs. So I couldn't shower this am again! I for sure wasn't getting sweaty and then go to work dirty! Will hop on tonight and get my sweat on, that is 48 hrs then so I will be able to shower! I never heard of 48 usually 24 but I have never had a toner put on either so
Old 02-07-2013, 07:39 AM   #1042
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL we posted at the same minute!!! Ahh...great minds do think alike!

EVERY time I start to work out I gain!!! I do think its water and fluid to the muscles so don't go jumping in front of a locomotive just yet!

Well I can wear shoes, its not the back of my heel its the bottom, right were you step. Its that tendon that runs along the bottom of the foot. But walking more than say 30 -45 mins and I am in pain and limping.

Plantar fasciitis - PubMed Health

I am working today but its slow right now. We are expected to get 6-10 inches of snow tonight! Whoa!

Last edited by lotus33; 02-07-2013 at 07:40 AM..
Old 02-07-2013, 08:55 AM   #1043
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

HOLY CRAP! I just made a hardboiled egg and it peeled!!!!
Old 02-07-2013, 10:23 AM   #1044
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Running out the door right now!! Chitty-chatty when I get back to the homestead!!

You made ONE hardboiled egg??! ONE?? GREAT Job on being a winner that made ONE & was able to peel it!! From what I hear...that can be kinda tricky, for some!!
Old 02-07-2013, 11:05 AM   #1045
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I made 4...thank you very much. But 1 peeled beautifully! The others werent bad at all either! Well 1 didn't make the cut so we had salads with 1.5 HB each LOL
Old 02-07-2013, 02:44 PM   #1046
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh man....here comes all the snow! I have to leave in 15 min for A gym class and debating about it!
Old 02-07-2013, 03:51 PM   #1047
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oooooh, good thing you have tomorrow off!! Snow day for Loteage!! So did you go to A's gym class tonight?

Do you have your egg boiling tactics figured out now...now that you are a pro, boiling -multiple- eggs?

I'm gonna go read up on your plantar.

BRB
Old 02-07-2013, 04:02 PM   #1048
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey, what's Marathon Man's #?! I'd like to have a chat with him & eeesplain to him about your plantar!! I think the marathoning should be taken right off the list of to-do's for Loty. That would horribly exacerbate/aggrivate an already bad sitchy. Not a good plan!! Maybe you could start hauling around in one of those little bootie things they talk about in the article, at least during worky hours...so as to help support your position of *NO...not gonna do it!!*.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:24 PM   #1049
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Right on, on your 213 action today!! That's a 5lb chunk, gone!! SUPERSTAR!!

Oh wow, so there's a chance that the toner will take your orange streaks out!! That would be totally Awesome!! It's good that you're giving it the full amount of time to process. I hope that works!! So, do you plan to wash it out this eve, or is that gonna be a morning project?

Mad libs crack me up!! Always loved them & still do!! Such funny scenarios come about.

I hate counting the calories too. I see why you'd wanna give it a bit a attention though. What a shocker on the almond count!!

Yeah, I'm still taking the PGX supps. See how well they're working for me?!?! Really, they do help with the appetite quite a lot. I think I'd be in a heck of a lot more trouble with snackies right now, if I weren't taking them.
The Hunk & I have both been taking Green Coffee Bean extract as well, for the past half a month or so...twice a day. I don't think those things are doing a darn thing!! Rob says he thinks they might be giving him a little more wakey-pep...but that's about it. For the price...I think -someone- can just throw back an extra cuppa coffee or something!!
Old 02-07-2013, 04:36 PM   #1050
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So while I was out & about, I thought I'd see what kinda Loty-Wear I could put together over at Fred Meyers...<---not Meijers....
Out of probably 30 tanks/sweaters...there were two tops that could be possibilities. I'm thinkin' on 'em. I saw a pair of cute, black-strappy sandles I'm also considering. They felt like they had a good deal of support. I usually wear my faves...black Birkenstock sandles...all throughout the spring/summer...but now that I'm focusing on the more flattering/femi Loty-Look...I'm thinking these sandles just might make the cut. They're an extra 20% off tomorrow.
Closed Thread