Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2013, 05:52 PM   #991
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
WOE: Atkins-Bernstien-High FAT
Start Date: 9/20/2001
My plan for tomorrow:

Diet: LC/healthful choices w/special attention to portions & snacking. Vites & Water/Tea.
Fitness: 20 min.'s Biking-20 min.'s walking the kids-20 min.'s Gazelling.

Would you like to throw me a random fitness task to bust out?? I'm game. Whatever you suggest.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2013, 05:55 PM   #992
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
Stats: 220/212/130
WOE: mostly raw, plant based
Start Date: 9-1-14
Yeah and having a cry baby fit is not helping anything!

I don't know what to do to get this ball rolling. I don't even have the real problem that you do fighting with med side effects, I am just lazy I guess!

Maybe I should try visualization technique since its apparently all in my head!

Or what I need to do is the opposite of what i hide from and take crap loads of pics to shame myself into getting it together!

Or...maybe I should go sleep it off and wake up in a better mood!

hey, how was your day? Did the crankies ever show?
Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction
Ends up being the biggest step of your life.
Tip toe if you must,
but take the step.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:00 PM   #993
Blabbermouth!!!

Let me ponder on this a bit....BB in a min
Old 02-03-2013, 06:10 PM   #994
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I've felt like verging on the crys today too...all day. Nope, I've kept my cranks to myself today...although it's been really tough.
I think you're on to a few things here. Yes I think the visualization IS a good idea. That could help with the focus factor AND convincing the mind that it's possible. I will work on that as well. Likely I'll focus on that at bedtime.
Also, I do think that this day of downerz does just require some extra early sleeps/rests. We'll give the bodies/minds some time to recover from their breakdowns & start a-fresh.
I hate the photo taking idea. But maybe there is something to that. Hmmm...yeah I dunno. Maybe that's the best idea of them all...and the reason I'm fighting that one so much. I'll give it some more thought.
My scales are on the rise, still. 213.5 this am.
I HATE THIS!!
Old 02-03-2013, 06:33 PM   #995
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I just thought of a horrifying way to motivate us...and keep us motivated!!
Dontcha think we'd be pretty likely to stay on the straight & narrow if we had to post our weight on facebook & leave it there for a week?!?!
Let's say 6 months from right now...we post it. Whatever it is.
Doesn't that just send a trail of terror up your spine?!?!
Old 02-03-2013, 06:42 PM   #996
Blabbermouth!!!

Uhg...the more I think on this the more I am getting teary eyed. Which I don't normally do so something really struck a chord today...

I just remembered what started it...but then I let it go and then the pic thread and BL compounded it all and now its back. I actually got up today and did my hair and got all prettied up and threw on my apron and then caught a glimpse of myself in it in a full size mirror. IT DOES NOT LOOK LIKE THE PIC AT ALL! I looked like I was wearing a whole da*m tablecloth not a cute apron! My hair it awful still and I looked like a whale! Oh..yeah that is where its started! O forgot till now!

I do think that maybe visualizing will help. I also am going to do it....I am going to take the pics. Drastic results need drastic measure maybe it will help me to really *see* what has happened to me. I really can't wrap my head around the fact that I am not 120lbs. It is a sick thing to know that I am DOUBLE what I was. I avoid old friends, I avoid life, I don't do any work functions with ML because I am embarrassed for him. That was what the BL lady did. She got voted off and her husband was so happy that she was not on the sidelines of life and living it with him and the family. I need to change before my whole life has passed me by...

Thanks for listening....I don't talk about these things with anyone not even ML. I actually think I mostly just suppress it and it doesn't show its ugly head this bad.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:45 PM   #997
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlKickinIt View Post
I just thought of a horrifying way to motivate us...and keep us motivated!!
Dontcha think we'd be pretty likely to stay on the straight & narrow if we had to post our weight on facebook & leave it there for a week?!?!
Let's say 6 months from right now...we post it. Whatever it is.
Doesn't that just send a trail of terror up your spine?!?!

OH. MY. GOSH

Come back from outer space!!!! Right now! Thats just crazy talk!!!
Old 02-03-2013, 07:02 PM   #998
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I can absolutely relate to everything you just wrote...as if I was reading my very own note. That's sooooo hard too. It seems like there's so much potential life to be lived, just on the other side of this situation of being such a Hogatha. To be free of the shame factor, that keeps us from doing all the things we'd enjoy...would be so opposite from this experience.
We've gotta keep working on this!!
I really get what you're saying about avoiding functions with your ML, because of the embarrassment. I soooo relate. One aspect of that that really saddens me in reading that, is that I know that you are a person of such high value, and other peeps are being robbed of the opportunity to know that.

Don't care for that facebook update idea huh? How about we make pins, and wear them out in the -real world- for a day.

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 02-03-2013 at 07:03 PM..
Old 02-03-2013, 07:03 PM   #999
Blabbermouth!!!

Visualize Weight Loss Success

this site looked like it had some more interesting links, I will check out tomorrow.
Weight Loss Visualization - Guided Imagery - Creative Visualization For Health

Ok...I have had enough of this party for today! Going to go to bed a little early!

Night!
Old 02-03-2013, 07:07 PM   #1000
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good deal!! I'll check out the linkage!!
Okeedoke!! Tomorrow we hit this...like it's nobodys bizz!!
And...we rock *Superstar* attitudes about the whole darn thing!!
Old 02-04-2013, 07:15 AM   #1001
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Monday to the ROCKSTARS!!

Killin' it this morning!! I mean to make this a different kinda day!! A brand new beginning!!

So I busted out 20 biking minutes and 20 gazelling minutes, while watching exercise informercials. That was actually VERY motivating!! I'm planning to do that again tomorrow morning!! Then I took my 2.5lb weights into one of the powders, and in front of the mirror I did 20 reps of 5 different arm exercises...working out to the front, the sides and overhead. I broke the moves up into chunks of 10 each and then rotated back thru. Also...l took about a 5 second break between switchin' out to different moves. It took me about 6.5 minutes. I'm leaving the weights in the powder, so hypothetically a person could throw them around again later in the day. OR, they are already just in place to go at it again tomorrow am.

Chuggin' the iced green tea & starting in on the download of vites.
B was LC Yogurt...so far.

Those were really good links that you shared last night!! Thank you!! That 2nd link had additional links at the bottom of their page, that led to other very good material. Such as positive affirmations and visualazation boards that you create/customize to get ya & keep ya focused. Great reads!! Awesome guidance!!

I'm gonna go track down some pretty!!

I hope your day is a 180 from your yesterday & that you have renewed hope!!
What's going on with your day today?!
Old 02-04-2013, 08:35 AM   #1002
Blabbermouth!!!

WOW I am so proud of you!!!! Your hitting it hardcore this morning!

I am exhausted!!!! I went to sleep and 2 hrs later ML came home and I woke up hearing him and then was up! I never do that so I know this is bothering me! I was up just stewing but not really about any one thing in particular. Trying to formulate an acceptable plan but not really thinking clearly cause of being tired. Got back to sleep at 4:30 then up at 7:00.

I thought I better stop fora diet coke to help wake up and the change was .02 cents. I told the clerk to just take it and shove it somewhere! He looked at me like what did she just say to me?! The other clerk just busted a gut. I was I said OMG I didn't mean to say that! I just meant put it in the penny jar or the donation jar I just didn't want it back, not for you to shove it! Oye! way to go Loty!!
Old 02-04-2013, 11:20 AM   #1003
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow, just shove it?!?! A little abrasive, don'tcha think?! That's so Funny!! I can totally picture the clerk being all and the other one taking it all in & busting up...and then there's poor Loty, verbally stumblin' around...tryin' to right the wrong. FUNNY!!

So you can't speak today...and apparently I can't form whole sentences & transfer them thru handwriting. The Hunk's Love notes have gone from paint chips, to scraps of paper...and most recently I've just been taking a fat sharpie, and writing him a little something on the outside of his little sandwich bag, that holds his almonds for the day. So today his baggie read; "You are so much to spend time with!! I Love you!!" What?! "You're so much to spend time with"??! It wasn't more than a week or so ago that I botched up another one of his bags!! Extra funny cause he shares the bags with the meat cutter guy there. He must get quite a kick outta Rob's redneck wife's spelling!!

Today lunch was LC Pizza, Jalapeno Poppers and some Seafood salad for Hunkie. More vites & more Green T.

I've still gotta knock out at least 20 minutes of neighborhood walking with the kids, in order to hold my head high for the day. I'm so tired though...after the eats. I'd like a little nappy first.

I can't wait to hear what you come up with for your *Game-Plan*!! Hey, there's 8 months till your . That's a fair amount of time to re-create your new Fabulous~You!!
Old 02-04-2013, 01:56 PM   #1004
Blabbermouth!!!

Just stopping for a sec, have to get dinner going (grilled burgers~brrrrrr....gonna brave the weather) then class tonight.

See ya laters!
Old 02-04-2013, 05:08 PM   #1005
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh yum on the grilled burgers!! I love that you grill out even when it's chilly-willy cold!! How cold was it, do you think?

Ahhh yes, class tonight. I forgot again. STILL stuck on the idea that class is on Tuesdays.

By now you may have heard about the little 5yr. old boy out in Alabama, that was taken hostage by some old dude & hidden in some bunker. Awesome news is that the little guy is out/safe!! The old dude is dead, somehow. I don't know the details yet. I'm so relieved for the boy & his family!!

Soooo, the little nappy turned into a sizeable one this afternoon. Hour & 45 min.'s. It would have been longer if that heathen Ace hadn't have decided that it was over!!

Did some runnin' around here...choring & then hit the streets w/CT & the kids. We clocked 40 minutes.

Next up is to fold a load of laundries....dry the bedding sheets/towels & make that bed back up!!

Tomorrow CT & I are traveling to the next town over...to get our shop on.

How's your day been today?!
Old 02-04-2013, 06:31 PM   #1006
Blabbermouth!!!

Whew....glad this day is done! I am super pooped though. I gotta go to bed!

c-ya tomorrow!
Old 02-04-2013, 07:44 PM   #1007
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good idea!! It sounds like it was a big day for you!! Maybe some rests for you tomorrow?!

I've been on here mapping out a road trip I'll be making on the 23rd of this month. It's a nearly 4 hour round trip, dropping CT off at the nearest Amtrak station. She's heading down to Sacramento, CA to go visit with some friends for a week or so. Then I'll drive back over to pick her up. I've looked to see if there are any worthwhile spots to sight see on the way out there or back. NO. There's nothing. The town that I drop her off at only has a pop of 300. The towns leading up to that town & beyond...are less populated than that. This joints in the middle of nowhere!!
Guess I'll have plenty of time to meditate, visualize & positively affirm.

Still have to put the bedding back together. Thennnn I may go to sleep!!

I'll see ya tomorrow!!

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 02-04-2013 at 07:45 PM..
Old 02-05-2013, 08:32 AM   #1008
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My stupid post flew away, just as I hit send!!
Now I don't have time to recreate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGG!!

I'll catch up with you soon!! I hope you're having a good/fun day!!
Old 02-05-2013, 05:09 PM   #1009
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What a busy day!! We just returned from bein' shoppers and I'm straight up whooped!! I picked up a couple obnoxious pairs of slippers that were on sale for $5 a piece, in the clearance bin over at Target. I may have to snap a little piccy to show ya...they're pretty wild.
I found a Loty~Style tank, a light sweater, and 3/4 length sleeved shirt over at Shopko. I grabbed the Hunk one of those squishy U shaped pillows. I guess the idea is that a person would use them while passengering in a car...but I thought my Dude would enjoy it when he's in his reclyner watchin' lap top videos or something. It's in use right now & so far...so good.

I'll be back in a minute. I've GOT to make some coffee here, so I can stay awake for the next couple hours!!
Old 02-05-2013, 05:50 PM   #1010
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

During the CT outting today, it was brought to my attention that the travel time to this hole in the wall town that CT needs to be delivered to, is at night. I thought that I understood that her train was to leave at 8:08 ((AM)). NO. It's PMMMMMMMMMMMMM!! Driving in the dark is NOT something I normally do, even if it's just to the corner market, because my night sight is sooooo bad, and a serious safety issue. An example; the last time I drove Rob to work in the morning, and it was still dark, I slammed on the breaks, thinking it was a orange cat at the side of the road, possibly fixin' to dart out in front of us....it turned out that it was the white line of our lane/the bike line. Yeah, that one...not a cat. Oh, and the two days prior to that, when again I was driving back home in the dark, from dropping Rob at work, I slammed on my breaks for (another) orange cat...that turned out to be a little puddle.
See, so I can't be driving for 4 hours in the dark. No. I can't. I tell CT that I just can't do it, and she says "Oh I know you can't, I planned it for the weekend so that Rob would be able to. It's an area you aren't familiar with and with your diabetes...anything could happen, and I think he should make the trip with you". I WASN'T planning to take Rob along for this blankety blank blank trip!! Not to mention that our bedtime is 9:00pm. After driving for 4 hours, we won't be home any earlier than 10pm. I am so irritated with this!! We have looked into other alternatives...but it's not looking good. Sooooo frustrating!!

I did the 20 min biking-20 min gazelling-20 min kid walk-7 arm exercises 20 times each and 100 crunches. I've got 2.5 miles of pedo'ing for the day so far.
B: Salad w/ranch-2 hardboileds
L: Sm/Med piece of LC Pizza and probably a 3/4 cups worth of marinated arti-hearts
D: Chicky Cordon annnnd a LC icecream

Vites-GTea & Waters

What was your day like today?!
Old 02-05-2013, 06:46 PM   #1011
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, my goodness! I feel like i haven't been here for a week!

Well, how nice of CT to do that to you!!!!!!! And to just ass*u*me that Rob would want to take her! I have to do a similar thing with ML in March, when he goes to Vegas for work. Last year he flew out of the little airport 30 min from here, this year he is going out of Detroit which is 2hrs away I was fuming mad, asked him why he did that and he said "Then I don't have a layover then" Oh good for you! No layover, now I drive 4 hrs instead of 1yippee!!

Ooooohhhhhh I HATE when my posts go bye bye!

Well I just had a day! A lot like yours though. I had to run to the next town and get G's wedding dress picked up and so I thought I would shop for a new outfit for the shower. I forgot however that no stores open before 10 that I wanted to go to. So I got my 45 min of walking in with all the crazy mall walkers this morning! yup just me and then a bunch of oldies walking the mall While walking i was window shopping so I had my stops all planned out. But then i got the bright idea to pop into a salon and get some highlighs thrown in. As soon as they opened I stopped in and got a cut and highights. It took 3.5 hrs! AND they are jacked up! i swear, I have no idea why why why i can not find anyone to do a good job on my hair! So ticked! Then I stopped at all the shops I had scoped out and total fail! I must have tried on 20 outfits. NO NO NO!!! I wanted to slit my throat by the end of it! I ended up going with the old stand my Loty~style outfit. A white sweater and a sparkly peach tank. Took me all day to find that! One good thing, I had a gift card for some store I have never been to and found a perfume i have been searching for! I think I love it!!! So far it still smells good on me! I have the worst luck with perfume changing on me and then stinking! This is a blip about it.

Eau Parfumee au The Blanc by Bvlgari is a Floral Woody Musk fragrance for women and men. Eau Parfumee au The Blanc was launched in 2003. The nose behind this fragrance is Jacques Cavallier. Top notes are tea, artemisia, bergamot, bitter orange and orange blossom; middle notes are pepper, cardamom and coriander; base notes are amber, musk, rose, jasmine and woody notes.

Wow you rocked it out today!!!!!!

I only got that 45 min walk, but I was running for almost 12 hrs! Got kids and did more shopping then met ML for dinner. I had half a chopped steak and veg. Oh and a crap load of peanuts. Was bad though and that was all I ate today. Didn't have time.

Oh and I have to work tomorrow! But I get to have Friday off which actually helps me out so its ok.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:44 PM   #1012
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Piccys...

Current Powder
The 2 newest goddy slippers
Tanky Tank
Loty Sweater
Light weight 3/4 length shirt
Sparkle shoes I wear all the time with Loty~wear

Oh Yippee, Loty's back!! Gotta get my read on!! BB in a minute!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Current Powder.jpg (46.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Two new goddies.jpg (59.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Tanked.jpg (63.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Lote Style.jpg (42.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg BandW.jpg (68.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Sparkles.jpg (55.3 KB, 2 views)
Old 02-05-2013, 08:01 PM   #1013
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I feel like you haven't been around for weeks too!!

Oh my Goodness, I soooo feel your frustration with the assumption that it's an A-okay/Great idea, to push the inconvienence onto another...so that it's easier for these travelers!! WHAT?!?! Who are these people?! Mine didn't wanna pay the extra $'s for the shuttle service to get her to the train. Well I just did a search of all of that stuff & found out that the extra shuttle cost is THE SAME AS THE COST OF FUEL THAT WOULD BE PUT OUT FOR US TO DRIVE IT!! I put and email together just a smidge ago...pointing all of this out & shipped it off. I'm irritated by this!!

Yikes, what a day you've had!! Didn't you hit this town early once before & had to wait it out for the stores to open...or have I got this wrong? I think you're a repeat offender!! That fully blows about your hair getting jacked up!! What is it that's not right about it?? The cut/color or all of it?

I might need to see your newest Loty~wear outfit...when ya get a chance. What a drag that you had to spend so much time/effort on it all!! We should be able to count the -trying on- time as Nebraska mileage!!
Old 02-05-2013, 08:09 PM   #1014
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh your Ewww~Par-foome reminds me of a story!! When my Dad was just a little kid...like 6'ish I think, he had heard his Mom refer to her perfume as eau de toilette. She'd ran out of it. My Dad thought --> Ewww Gross, what does she want with toilet water??? But, wanting to surprise her...he grabbed a bottle & got her some.
I don't recall what he said her reaction was...but it cracks me up picturing his confusion about why she'd be so gross!!
Old 02-05-2013, 08:20 PM   #1015
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh that's Great that you get Friday off!!

You did really good with your walking today!! Way to fit it in even on a crazy all over the place day!! That's exactly what we've gotta shoot to do...more often than not...and then we'll be winners!!
I'm sooooo sore after just these 2 days of the morning routines. I realllly don't wanna do it again tomorrow, but I'm thinking of those BL folks. I'm sure they didn't get day off just cause they were sore.
Whatever...I'll consider it all tomorrow!! Oh wait...postitive affirmations!! I'm gonna feel like a Rockstar tomorrow & bust some shnitt out!!

You best get to bed Loteage!!
Old 02-05-2013, 08:33 PM   #1016
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Your parfumage sounds like it would really smell Good!! Lots of really good smelling essential oils in there!! Is it a heavy'ish scent?? That combo makes me think that it may tend to lean that direction & maybe is why it works well for men folk too.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:58 AM   #1017
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Wednesday to Low-tee the Loteage-Lotester that Lotes!!

Today is going to be a choring morning. Rob's got a half day, so if I wanna get anything done around here, without someone underfoot, it's gotta be early. Need to find pretty...which I'm half excited to do...seeing as I've got a couple neato new shirts to choose from, AND I NEED to crank out the positives & get my fitness on!!
Really, I do find it much easier to just do it in the morning, than any other time. So...after gettin' the Hunk off to works...that's the plan.

Aside from worky, what else is going on with you today?!

*Oh yeah, let it be known...you & I are awaitng a little order of surprises, that are gonna help support us with our *SUPERSTAR* fitness programs!!

GO GET YOUR DAY ON!!
Old 02-06-2013, 06:13 AM   #1018
Blabbermouth!!!

Ahhh...so much to say! And CT???

OMG!

The big boss is coming in a few tho so I won't be able to stay and chat. Catch up with ya tonight!!!!!!!
Old 02-06-2013, 07:34 AM   #1019
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Copy that...Bossman in the house!! I wonder if you'll get a better idea about his marathoning ideas today?

Yeah, with CT it seems it's -always- something.

B was a turkey sausage patty, a hardboiled egg, a string cheese and a half of a tiny baby avocado. Iced GTea & Coffee.

Fitness so far...20 min bike-20 min gazelle-8 arm exercises @ 20 a piece and 100 crunches. Todays 20's took place while watching Shaun T's Hip Hop Abs informercial. Another poor fellow that never learned to spell his name right. Didn't you order that batch of DVD's, or was it something else? I can see where that would be a really effective and fun work out!! Ummmm *Fun* as in not exactly fun at all...but at least it's dancing around rather than workin' some precise moves & all that sorta jazz.
I'm thinking that it could be considered a suitable exercise option to follow along with the fitness informercials that are so prolific in the mornings...and just do what ever they're showing as they're trying to sell their videos. I hipped & hopped with the illiterate boy for a minute or so this morning. Not enough to count it as even a partial fraction towards Nebraska though. Maybe another time.
So at some point, maybe much later this afternoon, I'll plan to take the kids for a walk. CT will likely be involved. I'm hoping we can come to some sort of understanding about this stupid-faulty plan of transportation of hers, to get her to that train later this month...that -doesn't- involve us driving it!!

Ok, off to pretty powderville!! I'll check ya back soon!!
Old 02-06-2013, 07:40 AM   #1020
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh yeah, that Peppermint flave Scentsy is simmerin' along & I just LOVE it!! I can't wait for Rob to come thru this afternoon!! He's gonna be CRAZY about it!! Thanky~Thanky~Thanky~Thanky!!
Closed Thread