Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 07:28 PM   #961
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
Stats: 220/212/130
WOE: mostly raw, plant based
Start Date: 9-1-14
Oh awesome that they drag you back up!! I was watching that thinkin...uhg I could only do that about 2 times before I was exhausted!!!

Oh I knew that about the result, I don't know why I thought you had to go back 2 weeks after for another recheck

yeah that weird face thing is confusing! Any white spots inside the cheek?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2013, 07:38 PM   #962
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
WOE: Atkins-Bernstien-High FAT
Start Date: 9/20/2001
Yeah, this whole thing is only able to go do because of that cable!! Forsure!!

No, no white spots...nothing like that. I'll have to think about what to do about this. I may call the endo tomorrow & see about visiting with him next week. I *will* have to do my own google research though...in order to help the doc figure it out.

Are you guys fixin' to party it up for -game weekend-?!
Old 01-31-2013, 07:48 PM   #963
Blabbermouth!!!

I am the same way! Can't help but self diagnose when the information is just right there to be had! Who cares if I get it wrong

No thats the one party we do not host! Thank goodness! ML goes to a buddies house and the girls and I watch the puppy bowl!

How bout you? You guys watch the game?

Well lady I gotta hit the sack! I'm pooped all of a sudden!
Old 02-01-2013, 07:05 AM   #964
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Awwwe, puppy bowl!! So Sweet!! What a relief that you don't have to host that one!!
I imagine we'll have the game on...probably as background sounds to napping. We don't even know who the players are. No, wait...I did hear somewhere that the 49'er boys are playing.

Right after I read your note last night and you mentioned that you were pooped & were hittin' the sack...I just felt totally exhausted myself & went right to bed...well, right after brushin' my teefs.

So today is gonna be a different kinda day for my Hunky. He's gotta travel w/another manager dude down to another town over, for some training seminar. He's already seen the powerpoint on it and says that all the info. could totally be conveyed within 10 minutes, but the plan is to drag it out for 3 hours. So, no coming home for lunches today.

The plannage is to chore out & otherwise likely lay low.

What are you up to today, aside from worky??
Old 02-01-2013, 07:48 AM   #965
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

B: LC Yogurt-String Cheese-Sausage-2 Hard Boileds w/Mayo-Coffee-Iced Green YUM!!
Old 02-01-2013, 08:58 AM   #966
Blabbermouth!!!

ML has to do those dumb meetings all the time too, total waste!

I am having a little meltdown today. I have to get something to wear for this shindig next weekend. That is maybe one of the worst things about being overweight...shopping I am already dreading it! Will have to go soon I suppose huh

ML wants to go out for dinner tonight, apparently he did not get the memo that Cauilsole was on the menu for tonight Whatever...will make it tomorrow.
Last night I made cheaters chicken and dumplings. I just had 1 dumpling so should have stayed in my carby count...I hope

I had to go give blood today and get measured for insurance stuff. Great way to start the day! Oh yup..your fat! Oh thanks I know We both have to do it every year to get some wellness discount of $50 off a month on the ins. Not sure how we are qualifying with me in this shape but we are still getting it. I sort of have a feeling I was supposed to have it done yesterday though They never gave a deadline that I can see but I have a feeling it was the end of the month and I forgot to do it. So ran this am to get it done quick!

So did the hunk take the car or do you have it today?
Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction
Ends up being the biggest step of your life.
Tip toe if you must,
but take the step.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:39 AM   #967
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh I hate those weigh-ins!! We used to have this insurance friend, Shane, who we decided to give our bizz to, many moons ago, back in California. He came over to do the life insurance paperwork with us, and brought a scale to weigh us...so as to fill that portion of the docs in right then & there, with current info. I thought I would just die on the spot, of TOTAL humiliation!! I was likely at my highest weight at that point...278, and both Rob & Shane saw that!! Then Shane explained to us that our rates were going to be higher than they would normally be, because I was considered *morbidly obese*. Uggggh!! That makes my eyes sting just recalling it. I just felt such shame & disgust for myself, and embarrassment for Rob and Shane. I can see that it really pained Shane to have to say that to me. AWFUL!!
*Side note on Shane...many years later,he ended up shooting/killing his very pregnant (7/8mo.'s along) wife, multiple times and then killing himself.

Can you pull together some Loty-wear for this event? Ya know...pants, pretty tank & sweatery topper? Do you have a Shopko in your area?! I'm saving their sales paper, cause they want me to go down there & shop out Loty-wear that they're saying will be on great sales, next Monday.

Do you know where you guys are going for Dinnz?!

The Hunk has the car today. I didn't foresee any need. I woke up feelin' kinda -mirky- and lathargic. So I'm hoping to rest that off & get replenished with enough energy to pull off this field trip tomorrow.

I'm expecting CT to come over in a bit. Hoping she'll wanna take the kids for a walk. I know they'd sure enjoy gettin' out for an adventure.

Oh yeah!! The wide mouthed food saver lid thing came yesterday!! I used it on 2 wide mouthed mason jars, where I'd stuffed a load of salad into them, just like those show offs on Pinterest!! That's just so Neato!!
Old 02-01-2013, 12:52 PM   #968
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I had a surprise late lunch visit from the Hunk. Those heathens holding the seminar didn't bother to provide lunches/snacks. Not even a bag of chips!! The meeting was held in a grocery store, for gosh sakes!! Lame!! So, we rustled up some grub for him real quick & sent him back out into the cold-cruel world.

CT made her appearance as I was gettin' the kitchy pulled back together. She about fell over when she gotta whiff of the special scentsy smellage in the house. We grabbed her a couple sandwich bags, so she could bust off a couple chunks of the ones she especially liked. She asked me to tell *Odie*, Thank you so much...from her. Yes Odie, Thank you!! Once she gets a name jacked up in her head like that, there's no undoing it...so to her, you're foever Odie.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:53 PM   #969
Blabbermouth!!!

OH my! So many wrongs to comment on!

For crying out loud! They could have made sandwiches even! Love that..have it at a grocery store and not even feed people that are spending all day listening to boring stuff!

Oh I can't even imagine having to do the weigh in with Mr. Loty right there! I just would die and cry! Oh and to have to endure the morbid obese talk and the higher rates! Oh just awful to have to go through!

OMG Odie!! Thats a CT for ya!!! They are always right no matter how wrong! Does she have a warmer too? What did she steal from ya?
Old 02-01-2013, 03:17 PM   #970
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

CT has one of those cup warmers as her latest wax warmer. She also has the tea light version. I believe she ripped off some carmel, coconut and pineapple. I think she said something about one of them smelling baby powderish...which she especially likes...so she probably stole some of that too. In any case she was stoked when she hauled outta here!!

Tonights dinnz are Chicky Cordon Bleu...w/o the bonerz, and Green Beans w/Mayo & Parm.

Where are you guys goin' for eats tonight?
Old 02-01-2013, 04:53 PM   #971
Blabbermouth!!!

Well I am back and feeling ill!

The fams decided on chinese, I had some rice, 5 fried shrimp, 1 ragoon thing and then some sort of chicken stuff and feel sick! I am just going to have to say NO to that from now on! There really is just no way of making it out of there not eating too many carbs and feeling icky!

Then the plan was to go watch one of ML cousins play basketball but I am not a fan so I ducked out and used the excuse of A) I have stuff for the shower to do and B) MIL went to dinner with us and I was not spending the whole night with her! worked like a charm! I also kept G with me, A just went with ML and MIL.

G and I went to Walmart and got a whole bunch of teas and a few things to start cooking then we came home. Its sooooooooooooooo stinking cold out! I just had to get home and into flannel jammies! Going to just sit and play online the rest of the night!
Old 02-01-2013, 04:55 PM   #972
Blabbermouth!!!

Did you make the real deal or the casserole type chicken cordon bleu?

i have never made the real deal
Old 02-01-2013, 06:57 PM   #973
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh you silly...you know we don't chow on pasta around here...so of course it couldn't have been a casseROLE!! Remember, that only uses pasta!!
Actually...yes it was made casserole style. Turned out Gooooood!! After I sampled it, I thought I'd better slice this chicky's thickness down for the Hunk, so the chicken portions was only about as thick as the ham/swiss/soupy mix was. That's a better ratio for a Dude that doesn't like chicken in the 1st place. What a spoiled baby!!

That's just HORRIBLE that you're feeling so yucky!! How awful!! Was it because it was carby stuff, or do you think something inparticular was -off- about any of the eats you had?
It's such a drag to have to limit/restrict all the foods we used to be able to freely chow on when we were younger!! I hate that!! That's such an -old person- problem. UNFAIR!!
Good call on your part for your short list of reasons for *I really wish I could...but I just don't wanna* excuses tonight!! Quick thinker!! Of course there was clearly a lot on the line there!!

What day is the party??

Hunky & I had *Craft~Time* and painted up our 6 little knobs for the special little drawers, hanging on the wall. I'll take another piccy once they are all *one* with the drawers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Weeter Knobs.jpg (49.6 KB, 2 views)
Old 02-01-2013, 07:24 PM   #974
Blabbermouth!!!

<<<< slow learner!!!! We JUST went over the casserole theory!

Oh your little knobs are looking cute! Can't wait to see the finished product!

nope I don't think anything was bad...just blech and carby even though i didn't feel like i overdid the carbs. Just old I guess Staying away from carbs is the best cure! Boo!

So I got busted napping on the couch with Buddy I was playing on here and then next thing i know...bam....Buddy and I are out and getting woken up by ML and A coming home!
Old 02-01-2013, 07:52 PM   #975
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I hate *the best cure*!!

Oh no!! You & Buddy were totally caught stealin' a snooze!! Did they startle you, when you came to?

Yeah the little knobs turned out real cute. Cuter in person, where all the colors show as vibrant & fun like they are. We both had so much fun gettin' our paint on!!

Rob's chargin' up the camera for us to take on our field trip tomorrow. He's wanting to shoot some video of our snow sliding fun. Maybe I'll get to share it with you tomorrow!!
Old 02-01-2013, 08:06 PM   #976
Blabbermouth!!!

Yea! Can't wait!!!! You guys should have a blast! Come back and tell me all about it! Well...after a nap of course!!! I don't care if there is a pulley system...your still gonna be whooped out!
Old 02-01-2013, 08:22 PM   #977
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

No doubt I'm gonna be whooped out...just packin' around my fluffy grape jacket, all those layers of clothes & those heavy boots too?! Yikes!! I'm absolutely planning to nap as soon as we walk back thru these doors!! Forsure!!

How are you planning to spend your tomorrow??
Old 02-01-2013, 08:46 PM   #978
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

This oldie-but-goodie is falling down tired!! Eyes gots to goes to bed!!

I'll see you tomorrow!!
Old 02-01-2013, 08:52 PM   #979
Blabbermouth!!!

Nighty Night Grape Ape!

man did I love that cartoon! Oh dang! You didn't watch cartoons! Well we used to say grape ape in that growly voice all the time!

Old 02-02-2013, 09:55 AM   #980
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh your probably out on the slopes by now!

I slept in, then went to the store for some chicken. I was watching a show on peoples favorite fried chicken so now I need it! Got it soaking in buttermilk as we speak!

Then cleaned the house. Getting ready for SIL to get here, we are going to start the little things we can do ahead of time today.

That should take up a good part of the day I would think
Old 02-02-2013, 05:18 PM   #981
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I need more info. about your Buttermilk Chicky!!

What all did you make today?!

Was it a fun-good day?!

BB in a minute!!
Old 02-02-2013, 06:19 PM   #982
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'd watched your Grape Ape video, (which I'd never seen or heard of before, but Rob had), and told him that you said *I WAS GRAPE APE* today & that we had to refer to me that way & in a gravely voice.... He did & it cracked us up so big time.

So we bailed out early, after the Hunk made us some scrambled goodies & Bacon. We took a snack <feed bag> with us, of Bacon, String Cheese, Hard Boileds & Green T, which came in handy on our way home...I tell ya!!
Got up to the mountain within an hour, got our passes & had time to spare for some coffees & survey the area a bit. Toured around in one of their touristy shops. Then it was time to go play!! We each picked out an innertube, got it hooked onto their cable hoister thing...and away we went, up the hill. I wasnt too crazy about being pulled backwards & not being able to see the very top & know what to expect...but whatevvv. Once up at the top you're supposed to hustle outta your inner tube...pick it up and carry it over to the lane you'll be scootchin' down. Well I didn't find it very easy to get up & out of my inner tube and into a quick standing position...so I backed the the other folks up that were being pulled into that little port & they started running into me...making it even harder to get my footing & get up. Finally outta that stupid inner tube...I make my way over to the lane that we'll be sliding down & realize real quick...WE.ARE.SO.HIGH.UP & IT'S.SCARY!! I felt such a fat wave of fear come over me...but just didn't allow myself to consider anything but sittin' my tush down & buzzin' down that hill. WHAT.A.HORRIFYING.EXPERIENCE!! I opted to go first, as it seemed it would be a good idea to let Rob help me get situated & give me a little push. So I get goin' & FASSSST, and because the snow lane is covered of fresh powder, rather than packed down...as we were the 1st out there...the snow/ice is BLASTING me in the face/eyes, with such force that I thought my eyes were being damaged!! My contacts (soft), were being pushed all around in my eyes & I wasn't sure if they were still in or not!! I'd try to close my eyes but the ice hitting my eyelids hurt so bad that I'd open 'em back up!! Plus I was scared to death about how fast I was goin'...if I was gonna flip over the bank that I was headin' towards. I ended up spinning backwards, with ice/snow totally filled in my eyes & didn't know which way I was going anymore. I'd tried to slow myself down by dragging my feet/boots, but that just created more throw back of the ice/snow into my face. Oh yeah, also, because we were the 1st up there for the day, it was bumpy. So if you allow yourself to sit all the way down in your inner tube seat (which minutely helps slow ya up)...then it feels like you're rolling over a neverending batch of BIG bowling ball sized marbles & a cheese grater on the hiney. Once I came to a stop from that nitemare, I struggled to get outta my tube (again ) and stumbled around, with limited sight, trying to get out of the way of Rob, who was next to come down.
We had such different experiences with the whole thing!! He was wearing his glasses, so his eyes were protected. He knew better than to drag his feet/boots...he arched up a little, so as not to drag his hiney over the cheese grater, and -wanted- to go as fast as he could.
So...I conveyed my experience to him & suggested he go on & get his fill. I think he repeated it maybe 5'ish times & had such a blast!!
He's messing around with some video he shot of his fun time right now...so I may have some of that to share soon.
I'd watched along & saw many women folk, at least twice my age, take on those slopes, and get right off the tube & back in line. There faces-heads-tops were NOTTTT soaked!! I don't know what the heck?! My hair, face & top were SOAKED!!

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 02-02-2013 at 06:29 PM..
Old 02-02-2013, 07:17 PM   #983
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh yeah, another stupid little thing...
When I was at the top of the hill, gettin' ready to lose my very life...I got nervous that I was gonna freak out & inhale my gum. So, not wanting to toss it onto the ground/snow & have a bird pick it, thinkin' it was foodie & have it kill 'em, or someone step in it...I put it in my fabric lined Grape Ape jacket pocket. See what the fear factor can make some people do?!
Well then I get home, and I'm taking my brand new boots off, and do you know that there was GUM stuck to the bottom of my boot!!
Old 02-02-2013, 07:26 PM   #984
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I can't seem to figure out how to link up his videos on here!!
I have them on my facebook iffin's ya wanna see.
They're very much like what you'd have seen on those earlier ones though...

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 02-02-2013 at 07:27 PM..
Old 02-03-2013, 08:25 AM   #985
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh my dear!!!!!!!!!!! Tears are rolling down my face i was laughing so hard! Oh I could just feel your pain! That is just awful! And sooooo funny all at once!

Ahhhh...the gum is so funny and makes total sense to me!!!!

I have to go check out the video!!!

How are you both feeling today??? Sore at all?
Old 02-03-2013, 09:33 AM   #986
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning Loteage!!

Ahhh, the gum sitchy was compounded even further. I'd forgotten that when Rob was handing over his coffee cup, hat & camera to me, to keep track of them for him, while he continued on with being a mountain slider...I stuffed a glove into each of my Grape Ape pockets, to free my hands up. So, I suppose I have gum attached to one of my gloves too!! Yeah, I said suppose...cause I haven't dealt with any of that nonsense yet. No, not even the gum on my boot. I've just been so whooped since we returned!! I just think that this whole mess with the gum action is a total injustice!!

I got up in the middle of the night, to take some dope, as I was still so sore. My eyes stung horribly too & were sooooo blood shot. I tell ya, that turned out to be a whole lot of greif for just having been a 30 second zip of *fun*.

Other than feeling totally -spent-, I'm doin' a lot better this morning. I do however feel like I'm on the edge of Cranky Town. It's probably just the leftover fatigues gettin' me.

So how are you doing?! What was your appy preps like with your SIL? What's the plan for the day in Lotyville?!
Old 02-03-2013, 12:43 PM   #987
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh no! You may still have some fun gum experiences yet to be had huh?

We got some stuff done yesterday, I think we are in good shape. LOL the buttermilk is supposed to be a way to keep the chicken from drying out, not sure if it does but I do it.

Did all my chores and now we are having some snacks and watching the puppy bowl...so cute!
Old 02-03-2013, 04:50 PM   #988
Blabbermouth!!!

I am having a moment. A right ol' pity party came out of nowhere! Saw a thread about not having pics taken and just burst into tears. A couple of weeks ago Ava showed me a pic she had snuck taking of me on her DS gaming thingy, she just so innocently was like oh look at this Mom. I freaked on her and made her erase it. I have not voluntarily taken a pic in nearly a decade. Then I was watching BL and was watching them do their work outs and thought...my god I would never do that, I don't want it bad enough. Ding ding ding....we have a winner! Just popped into my head. I just don't want it bad enough to work for it! I want it, there is not denying that...just not enough to work for it. So how does one find motivation?
Old 02-03-2013, 05:35 PM   #989
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh man, I totally get that. What a rough deal.
I don't know what the answer is for tracking down the motivation.
I wonder if we really-truly believed that it could/would happen...if that wouldn't make it easier. I think I mostly don't believe it's possible for me anymore. Me of little faith!!
We better get this figured out!! WE HAVE GOT TO TURN THIS AROUND!!
Old 02-03-2013, 05:39 PM   #990
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

How about this...in order to keep ourselves focused & not get overwhelmed with the BIG picture...let's just focus on what we plan to do tomorrow, to point ourselves in the right direction.
I've gotta give this a bit of thought...

WHAT'S LOTY'S PLAN OF ACTION, TO GET FIT?!
Closed Thread