Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 07:30 AM   #931
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
WOE: Atkins-Bernstien-High FAT
Start Date: 9/20/2001
Goodmorning Wednesday!!

So I guess me & 213 are something more than just a one night stand. I'm trying to break it off, so I busted out 2 miles on the bike this morning, while the coffees were brewing.
B was LC yogurt & 1 hearty sized square of a Buffalo Flat. <---Squared, rather than Puffed. I think I'm especially fond of the squares, as it's super easy to remove from the 13X9 glass dish.
I just boiled up a big batch of eggs. That reminds me, how's your egg consumption moving along, now that you have this standing order w/the farm folk? Are you gonna try your hand at boiling again?

Gonna go get the Spa on, hit the floors with the vac and start to think about what direction to consider taking with the painting options that abound around here.

What's Lotyville up to today?!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2013, 07:35 AM   #932
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

*PSA~Today is a really GOOD day, for everyone to remember they're to be consumers of their Waters & Vites!!
Old 01-30-2013, 08:54 AM   #933
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
Stats: 220/214/130
WOE: smash up of a few
Start Date: 3-17-14
Well ML is off to work and I didn't strangle him....bonus!!!!

He almost didn't make it through the night! Last night we had a meeting at the middle school for G, so I was all emotional anyway. Then we watched a pretty good movie, it was a bit of a tear jerker though and the stinking satellite went out in the last 30 minutes! So compound that annoyance onto the general emotional from her starting middle school. Then remember I got him that little noise machine ya know to help him sleep, he did something wrong and had it set like an alarm. So it would play a beach sound for so long then buzz! Whoa Nelly! He of coarse doesn't hear it because once he is asleep thats it, which is why I have to wake him up in the mornings. Anyway I am all but slapping him in the face to shut the think off and he is sleep talking and mumbling and I don't know how...blah blah blah. This happened 4 times! So like almost 2 hrs, I kept hoping it was a fluke lol...so I stomped around and may have just ripped the cord from the wall and then stomped back very temper tantrum~ish. THEN....he is still dead asleep but restless and kept kicking me! He never does that! Oh I was mad mad mad! Sleep loss and I do NOT get along at all!!! Wed is also the morning I have to get up an hour earlier to take G to flute lessons. So I came home and slept 2 hrs after dropping A off. Got up got ML fed and off and now have to do my chores. Which includes moping and cleaning where I just noticed Jack peed... in the house!!!!!! What????? Oh my day keeps getting better! I am sitting here and just saw it!

Hmm..that is bloody brilliant to just do a pan of it! I have a few left still but next time I will try that! i wonder what the cal count is in one of those?? Maybe something I should look into since I have been known to eat 3 at a time

Well, I am going to get ready, run a few errands, take my vites and then I will be back Got 1 water down already!

What did you decide to do today?
Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction
Ends up being the biggest step of your life.
Tip toe if you must,
but take the step.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:01 AM   #934
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh my gosh!! What a night you had!! I hate those kinda nights...where they lead ya to tantrumville!! You've certainly gotta earmark a nap for this afternoon!! The day owes you that!! For reals!!
LOL...poor ML...he has no idea how close he was to losing his very life lastnight!! I know, that is so irritating!! I tell ya though...the way you describe things, with such graphic detail...((even though I feel terrible that your night went that way & you lost so much potential sleep))....that gave me such a CRACKUP!! I can totally picture the tantrum~rage building over that dang buzzin' alarm...and especially when it had to go & happen over & over & over and OVER again!! Isn't that just how life rolls sometimes?! Like some sorta sick comedy...that is certainly NOT funny to go thru...but boy, sure does make for a funny story, for someone else!! Poor Lote. Go getcher nap on!!

Uh-oh, did Jack tell ya what made him think that was a swell idea? How's his itchy/dry spotting these days? Has it healed yet?

Totally Bloody~Brilliant on the Buffalo Flats!! Don't think you've cornered the market on plowing into that goodness in a big way, all on your own. Half of the 13X9 is gone over here. I just made them yesterday eve. Rob had a tiny corner, while they were still hot/warm. I'm not super at math or anything...but the #'s don't lie!! In fact they tell a pretty damning story, really!! REPENT!!

Great job on your waters & plan to take your vites!! You're gonna be so healthy!!

I'm about to bust out the lunches...and then I'm gonna look at what wall/trim is gonna get my attention.

Took a piccy to document the lack of lipstick being worn by LaShonda today. I'd sure like to roll like Loty & go al fresco, on the full-time with that. Gotta start small. I've been wearing hooky lipstick for decades now.

And to debut the Buffalo Flat Bites. It seems that a person can have many of them when they're small & not think much of it!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LaShonda.jpg (35.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Small Buffalo Flat.jpg (37.1 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 01-30-2013 at 11:05 AM..
Old 01-30-2013, 01:02 PM   #935
Blabbermouth!!!

well I gotta say i think you look so pretty you could be on a Christmas card

Seriously you look beautiful!!!

Yeah those puffs are tiny, did you make a regular recipe or double? I think I would eat a quarter of a pan easy!

Your surprise should be there anytime

Ok gotta run....BBL! Basketball calls
Old 01-30-2013, 04:57 PM   #936
Blabbermouth!!!

Well finally home and just had a late dinner. Made big huge salads with bacon, turkey, cheese, and egg ~I bought some already peeled ones Thats so embarassing! LOL I promise that was the first time I ever did that ! They were weird anyway so I am going to have to master this age old art of boiling water!

I did all sorts of running today! Got a lot done for the shower. Going to work on the menu tonight and get that printed off. Oh and I scored 27 punch bowl cups and a punch bowl for $9 today at the thrift store Going to borrow another set from a friend and then will have enough.

G won her ball game 10-4. We have 2 brand new girls this season so it was nice that they got to win their first game!

So what did the Hunky one think of the smooch~able lips???? See now he can make out with you and not have lipstick all over!! I only wear it when I am at work or out. Hooky eyes though are on forever I guess though!

OK...going to clean up my mess in a minute and shooting for a little gazelle time before doing my menu project!
Old 01-30-2013, 05:03 PM   #937
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OooOoOoOooh, *Beautiful*?! Thanky!! What a sweet & generous compliment!!

Yes, those are tiny Puff~Flats!! It came from a double batch, but when spread out over a 13X9, and cut small...they're just baby bites. At lunch I served them in the white cupcake wrappers & they looked ~Fancy Gourmet~.

So it's possible that there's a little goodie~surprise in my mail box?!?! I've gotta wait just a bit...till the sunshine goes down, before I can haul out there & see what's going on, cause I'm struttin' my loud zebra pants. You know I thought I'd be knee deep in paint by now...but as soon as lunches were over, the Hunk suggested we nap. Well who am I to resist that?! We napped for 2.5 hr.'s!! All of us...children too.
So, he's headed off to mess around in the trainwreck room. I'm tryin' to get wakey with some coffees...and then I'll consider *thinking* about the direction to take with the painting. You know these things take time.

Have you gotten a nappy today? How was Basketball tonight?!
Old 01-30-2013, 06:56 PM   #938
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I LOVE MY ~*FANCY*~ SURPRISE!! Who's able to rock out a full on matchy match outfit when they play in the kitchy now?! Oh my gosh, that's such total Awesomeness!! Of course I was wearing the matching pants when I went out to retrieve the mail too. I'm gonna have to take a piccy to share with you, of the *complete* outfit!! You're so so so thoughtful!! I can't believe you!! Thank you so much for all of the fun surprises & goodies!! You know I made a special hangy place for my new pretty -cape-. I'll have to snap a piccy of that too!! I plan to wear it everyday!! I've never had an everyday one before( only one that was Christmasy), but have wanted one -forever-. I'd never seen one this cool though!!
<----SO STOKERED OUT!!
Old 01-30-2013, 07:15 PM   #939
Blabbermouth!!!

yeah!!!!! They were supposed to put your name on it, did they?

I was looking for one for me so I quit ruining shirts cooking and saw that and thought Oh My friend Shawna NEEDS it!!!!! Needs it! mine is black and white but not zebra print. I wear it all the time now!!!!

Old 01-30-2013, 07:23 PM   #940
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh man, your salads sound GOOD!! I've tried the store bought hard boileds before as well, and thought there was some sort of wrongness goin' on with their flave too. I wonder if they put some sort of perservative on them or something. Like those Dole brand premade bagged salads. They do something with them too....I'm sure of it!!

What a find on the punch bowl set!! Thrift stores are really the way to go, for so many things.

Yay for G & the girls being winners tonight!! Looks like they smoked the other team!! Basketball is such good exercise too!! We have a hoop & ball above our garage door and sometimes when it's nice out, we'll shoot. I'm not a fan of actually playing the real game though. I don't like getting shoved/pushed & just assume knock the head off anyone tryin' it.

Hmmmm, I'm pretty certain the Hunk didn't/wouldn't notice my lipstick or lack of. That's just not something that would stand out to him or give him pause, unless of course the color was bright or something...cause usually I sport pretty suttle pinks. And, as far as the potential make out session...ummm, I suppose over the years we've evolved into more the *lip pecker* style for hellos & see ya's. The heavy duty stuff is more something that comes about when we're gettin' our -warm- on.

Gazelling is a Great idea!! Oh yeah, did you get to watch Biggest Loser last night?! I didn't...but I am wondering about seeing if I can catch it on here. Maybe!! Right now I'm watching the -Golden Girls-.

I didn't look at the paint options. And I don't care about wanting to, tonight.

Tomorrow is worky for you?
Old 01-30-2013, 07:32 PM   #941
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Awwwe, your *Fancy Cape-ron* is just darling!! I bet ML loves to see you Betty Crockering...lookin' all especially pretty!!

Yes, they personalized it..in PURPLE!! The outfit matches my gloves!! Surely it's the 1st goodie I've ever had that was personalized!! And totally spelled right...NOT LaShonda!!
Old 01-30-2013, 07:47 PM   #942
Blabbermouth!!!

I did not get my gazelle on, after I sat down starting to work on the menu time just slipped on by. So here is the final draft. I got some pretty paper to print it out on to have one at every bodies place setting.

Menu

Appetizers
BLT Salad in a Crispy Wanton Cup
Deli Meat and Cheese Pick
Crudite and Dip in a French Bread Baguette

Main Course
Profiterole stuffed with Chicken Salad
Smoked Turkey and Cranberry Cream on Wheat Bread
Roast Beef and Sharp Cheddar on Ciabatta Bread
Cucumber with Italian Cream on Rye Bread
Ham and Radish on White Bread

Desserts
Scones with Clotted Cream, Blueberry Compote, Lemon Curd
Assorted Mini Cupcakes
Puff Pastry Cherry Blossoms
Cheesecake
Assorted Cookies
Old 01-30-2013, 07:55 PM   #943
Blabbermouth!!!

While working on that I was catching up on last weeks BL. Where they ran the 5k. Did you watch that one? i just can't even imagine doing that! I am REALLY hoping our boss doesn't really make us do that marathon.

I might be able to watch this weeks on the weekend sometime. I think I like the new voting though, where they hide in the room and do it. Well i assume its like that everytime, I haven't seen this vote yet!

Got all my cauli goodness for Fridays dinner tonight! I have chicken for tomorrow out. I just don't have time on Thursdays for a meal that takes a long time to cook so thats why its on for Friday!

Oh I am glad they didn't botch the name and put LaShonda!! Thats funny, I didn't even think about that until you said it just now that you never have anything with your name! Now ya do!!
Old 01-30-2013, 07:59 PM   #944
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I had to google *Profiterole*. Wow!! I'd like to start & end with a plate of that action!!
That menu looks SUPERB!! The eats alone at that party are gonna be the talk of the town, no doubt!! Wowzer!! Great job putting all of that together!! You done GOOD!! That looks like a very Fancy~Gourmet Cheffy catered event goin' down!!
Old 01-30-2013, 08:07 PM   #945
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WHAT?!?! The Boss lady is considering having you run a MARATHON?! NOOOOOO!! What?! When is that supposed to go down?! How long is it?! Oh my gosh!!
I've only caught a little snippet of one of the BL's latest flicks. The marathon doesn't sound familiar...so I guess that wasn't it.

That Cauli goodness is a great dish for a Friday dinner!! It's really so rich & delish.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:08 PM   #946
Blabbermouth!!!

Yeah that is not language I would normally use! Its a dang cream puff around these parts! LOL Nor do I use crudite but for the sake of the fancy menu I pulled out the fancy language!

Its going to be a lot of work! All that finger food stuff! Going to start this weekend though. Get all the stuff done that I can.

Alright my zebra clad friend I am going to hit the sack. Yup work tomorrow! I don't like my schedule getting messed with, I am all out of whack!

ML is still at work so I can figure out his noise maker to ensure that we do not have a near fatal sleeping experience again tonight!

See ya tomorrow!
Old 01-30-2013, 08:13 PM   #947
Blabbermouth!!!

OMG I didn't tell you that?!?!?!

Not the boss lady but the BIG BOSS. The guy that owns the whole she~bang! His assistant has a very sick daughter, lukemia. So he decided to have all 11 properties run a marathon for charity and donate in the name of the little girl who is sick. Love the big heart and the idea but i am like can we do a 5k??? I am not even sure if it is a full or a half now I forget. Doesn't matter really, both are horrid! He has not found the one he wants to do yet, it will either be in the spring or fall of this year. Holy cow I am going to fall over
Old 01-30-2013, 08:25 PM   #948
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh my Gosh!! Totally agree...Big heart = Wonderful!! Reality of the whole marathon sitchy = Oh NOOOOOO!! That's just unreal, scary!! I don't know a thing about the distances of marathons...halfs/fulls or any of it. But I'm overwhelmed for you!! I've never, ever, ever considered doing one. NO desire. What about you?! Is this -anything- at all you've ever wanted to do?? Yikes...this might be your time!! If you have to do this...can you just walk it?

Good plan to take care of that crazy alarm, before ML gets in more trouble!!

Maybe we'll see about packin' our pedo's tomorrow!!

I hope your night is uneventful & that you get good rests.

*Thank you* again, for all your sweet & fun goodies.

See you tomorrow!!
Old 01-31-2013, 06:40 AM   #949
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Awwwe, aren't these guys cute & tasty lookin'?!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pugcakes.jpg (25.0 KB, 2 views)
Old 01-31-2013, 07:30 AM   #950
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Thursday!!

So what does this day hold for Lotyville?! How were your sleeps lastnight? Hopefully a lot more solid!!

I'm not sure what direction to take this day in yet. The Hunk is making all kinds of noise about thinking this weekend would still be a Great weekend for the snow adventure & he did in fact tidy his train room & office last night. Sooooooo...that could be the Saturday plan. However it puts some pressure on me to figure out my gear, on the quick!! The other night we found him a Great, warm jacket, boots & mittens. He already has those long john things & heavy duty pants of course. He's set!!
I figured I'd pull my sitchy together during the week. Well if THIS Saturday is indeed the field trip day, then I've gotta get it together, quick!! I've got a fluffy,(unflattering, but warm) jacket...that is purple & makes me look like a GIANT GRAPE. I can't fathom trying to wear more than one layer of pants!! But, I'm scared that I'm gonna be miserably cold if I don't!! I need to track down some waterproof boots & mittens, at the least...and consider the pant thing.
As I write this out...I'm beginning to think I'd better put myself together & be ready to bail & take the Hunk to works after lunches, so I can go shop this stuff out.

Fine. That's the plan.

Check in with ya on the soon!!
B: LC Yogurt, Sausage, 1 B. Flat, Coffees & Iced Green
Old 01-31-2013, 01:56 PM   #951
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Heya, did you hear that the young fellow, Caleb Moore...the X-stream snow mobiler boy, who was in that 1st bad accident we saw the other night, has passed? I guess he'd had a surgery and had some brain complications. Poor guy, he was only 25/26 yr.'s old.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:06 PM   #952
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The runnin' around for the snow gear is ovahhhh!! I found some long johns , water proof gloves and heavy duty snow boots...all for just a smidge over $30.
Hit the market for some piddly grocery goods, and ANOTHER lipgloss. It has a itty-bitty amount of color to it.

I've gotta run back out & go pick up the Hunky from work!!
Back soon!!

How's Loty's day goin?!
Old 01-31-2013, 02:48 PM   #953
Blabbermouth!!!

Passing through quick, off to A's class.

I did hear about that poor kid. First death ever for the X-games. Surprisingly for the danger factor!

on the snow gear finds!!!!

BBL!!!
Old 01-31-2013, 06:42 PM   #954
Blabbermouth!!!

Ok so tell me about this snow day your going to be doing? Is it tubing down a hill? Do you rent them or did you have to buy them?

I think I was pretty good today. Did not do my gazelling again tonight however. It just is not doing to happen on Thursdays! Well or Mondays for that matter! Got water and vites in though!

How bout you, how was your day?
Old 01-31-2013, 06:48 PM   #955
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So for about a month now, since way back when I was really illin' in early December & had that robust lymph node & sore throat...this weird thing has happended to my inner mouth cheek, originally on the same side as the node, but is now also on the other side as well....just not as bad. It's like this inner mouth inflamation...in that it's swollen along the whole inner cheekage and at times feels like there's areas that have been straight skinned!! Most foods make it feel much worse. At night I've been taking 25-50mg's of benadryl, here lately...just thinking that it's acting like some sort of allergic reaction or something. That doesn't seem to help, by the way.

WHAT IS IT?!?!?! WHY AND WHAT?!?!

How's your afternoon been? How was A's class?
Old 01-31-2013, 06:56 PM   #956
Blabbermouth!!!

What?!?! That is still there and its being even more wonky?? DONT look online! I just did and you will end up misdiagnosing! Did you mention it at the endo appt? What ever came of that anyway? Tests must be back by now!
Old 01-31-2013, 07:10 PM   #957
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I don't know how to show you this youtube video any other way...assuming this even works!! It's supposed to show you the Mt. Bachelor tubing.

Mt Bachelor SnowBlast Tubing Park - YouTube
Old 01-31-2013, 07:12 PM   #958
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh look, fancy...I didn't realize it was gonna hook up with a full on link!! That's what we're looking to do on Saturday. It looks like they ger really hauling!!
Old 01-31-2013, 07:23 PM   #959
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh yeah & then once you get to the bottom of the hill area...where you run into the hay...I guess ya get hooked onto some sort of cable thing that drags ya back up the mountain & then ya do it again!! We're lookin' to go for their 2 hour session. They have all day passes too. NO!! That's too long!!

I should have asked the endo, at that last appt, but I really thought it was just a result of that cold gettin' outta control & didn't believe he'd be able to offer any insight. Yeah, I got all the lab work back that day I visited with him. That's when I found out about the levels being too high/too low & dehydration. I'm not due to see him again till mid April.
The node part is gone. It's just this weird swelling thing. It's not getting better, and in fact I mention it tonight because I was kinda alarmed earlier when I looked in the mirror & saw that my face is actually swollen from it!! I just don't understand. It's as if there are welts/burns on my cheeks. Well that's what it *feels* like. It doesn't look crazy though...just swollen.

Great job on taking your vites & chuggin' your waters!!
Old 01-31-2013, 07:25 PM   #960
Blabbermouth!!!

Excellent!!! looks fun!!!
Closed Thread