Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 05:13 PM   #901
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
WOE: Atkins-Bernstien-High FAT
Start Date: 9/20/2001
So we church'ed and then scooted out onto the town in search of a jacket for the Hood, scarfy hat combos & boots. We're still in the -just lookin- mode, until we see all we can see around here. IF we can pull together our fancy winter wear in time...we may sport up to Mt. Bachelor over the weekend for our tubing adventure. Our thinking is that it may not be terribly busy up there on a Super Bowl weekend. Who knows!!
We went down for naps once we got home. Gotta load of laundries going & sippering on some coffees.

Oh gosh...during the sing~song portion of churchy, Rob & I started cracking up & just coulnd't stop. The words for the song being sung up on their board was supposed to read; "Angels fallen prostrate", but PROSTATE is what it read. We just fully died laughing!!

What's your day been like?!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2013, 06:34 PM   #902
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
Stats: 220/214/130
WOE: smash up of a few
Start Date: 3-17-14
At the prostate on the angels at church!!!! Thats what you get for all those *dirty* thoughts this week!!!

Tubing!!!! sounds fun!!!! Sledding is NOT!!! Trust me! It HURTS your bum a lot!

Oh gosh well with a few minor bumps in the road we got to the snow fest. SIL and DB met us there too. We looked all around at the sculptures and then went to shop in the little shops and ML discovered this little gnome finding challenge! Oh ....ML can't let a challenge just be. Throughout the town there were 50 shops that have a gnome hidden in the store with a name. You had to at least find 10 and then take the sheet to the city visitor center to claim a prize. So we spent the whole afternoon scouring the town in search of gnomes! We got 10 but oh don't you worry...this summer when its warmer we WILL find the other 40 ...so says ML!

Then we got home and tried packing our heads full of Law knowledge for a test tomorrow We both are not fans of this class at all!!!

The boss lady texted me today to go to work on Tues not Monday so yeah...I have tomorrow off! Although it may be a snow day! We are having super nasty weather now.

I am watching The Knights Tale now, you ever see it? Its cute.
Ends up being the biggest step of your life.
Tip toe if you must,
but take the step.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:40 PM   #903
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Eye-yie-yie!! We just got back in from runnin' around town, searchin' out the snow gear for the man. I'm freezing cold & tired!! I'm gonna go throw myself in the shower...to warm back up & then I'm off to bed!! Brrrrrrr!!

Your gnome day sounds like a great time!! Yippee on getting to stay home tomorrow!! That's Awesome!! Especially if it's scary weather out there!!

No, I don't know anything about the Knights Tale. Is it a kiddy-anitmated flick?

I'll check in with you tomorrow!!
Old 01-28-2013, 05:13 AM   #904
Blabbermouth!!!

Wowza...you were on a serious hunt for snow gear! Did you try the second hand stores seeing as you probably wont do this often.

The knights tale is not a cartoon its a little older movie...sort of lighthearted romance/mild action. Heath Ledger is the main character. Its cute you should check it out

Snow day today
Old 01-28-2013, 08:08 AM   #905
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good SNOW Day Morning!!
It sounds like a GREAT day to be staying home for you!!

I'll have to see if maybe the library wants me to have the Knight Tale movie!!

I've got a tri tip roast in the crock, that I'm hoping will be ready by lunch time. I'm thinking it would sure be Good with your Cauli-Bacon recipe!! OH MAN!! I'll steam that PEE-U out on the back deck. Right now it smells like delish Carmel Pear goodness. I like that!!
I'm also considering preparing a small load of poppers, for an addittional side. Yah!!

The homestead *looks* like it's pulled together real well...but, I have a list of choring ahead for the day. Things that only I see & know about.

What are you doing with your day?!
Old 01-28-2013, 09:04 AM   #906
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh, I have just been putzing. Thinking about listing some things on ebay. I buy loads from it but never have sold anything on there. We will see.
Want to get a few tidy up things done but that's about it for around here.

The boss lady called and said the whole complex is without power! So she is not getting much done either! Hope it is restored before tomorrow!! Or I will have one bad day! The phones are down and I am sure there is 865,938,903 voice mails on it with some sort of problem. I love how they think we control the power! Call the power company!!!

Glad you like the smellies! I just checked on the other surprise and its still in production....I am starting to get a little miffed!

trailer for the movie, it makes it look way more shoot em up than the movie is! Its actually not as intense at it seems. We have seen it a dozen times and still think its cute.
A Knight's Tale Trailer - IMDb
Old 01-28-2013, 09:06 AM   #907
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WHOA!! The Bacon goodness of the Cauli~Bacon recipe has yet to be added, as it's still bakin'<---Ha!!Ha!! *baken'~Bacon*, but up to this point, that Cauli Recipe is such a Fantastic winner!! It's soooo rich & cheesy!! My Queen of the kitchy position is surely very, very secure.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:15 AM   #908
Blabbermouth!!!

I am sure no one was ever even close to taking that title from you!

Now I can't wait to try it! Its not on til the end of the week though! Boo!
Old 01-28-2013, 09:44 AM   #909
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, no one's tryin' to steal my thunder around here, or my Hunk?! Ok then!!
I can't wait till you get to try this dish!! It's entirely possible that I didn't stop at adding -only- six little slices of Bacon. It could be that I added the whole package. There was no one to stop me!! MMMmmmMmm That is such a perfecto dish!!

I've never listed anything on ebay either. Bought plenty, like you said...but never sold. Rob has. He knows the ends /outs of all that. I go with listing on craigslist & then deal with crazies. I've also had really good luck on the other side of the craigslisting though, as a buyer.

Oh yeah, I totally hear what you're saying...and I hope for your sake that the power is up & going by the time you get there tomorrow too. And then comes all those phone calls. Do you expect you'll have Wednesday off? Probably need/want it after just that one day of nicely *flipping switches* on folk.

I have got NO idea what on earth you are up to with this embellishment productivity bizz!! Secrets & Surprises such as this...Drives me crazy...in anticipation!!

Neato!! I'll go check out the linkage for the movie!! Shoot up stuff, eh? Well there may be hope that the Hunkage will like it as well!!
Old 01-28-2013, 12:29 PM   #910
Blabbermouth!!!

Well??? What was the verdict on lunches? Inquiring minds want to know!

I took a siesta! Going to get some more things done and start dinner. Was contemplating a walk but now its warming up and the whole place is a layer of mush on top of ice Not cool!

Weren't we going to start exercising on a regular basis I am feeling as useless as t*ts on a boar hog these days!

Last edited by lotus33; 01-28-2013 at 12:30 PM..
Old 01-28-2013, 04:32 PM   #911
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mind blowing...that's what lunch was all about!! Rob's like "I don't know what this is called, but its GOOOOOOOOOOD!!". He raved about it throughout lunch. I told him that if he'd really like to, he could come up with a special name for it. He said that he'd name it *Bac'ed Caulisole*. His reasoning was that it couldn't be a casserole, because it didn't have any pasta....so it became Cauli-SOLE. Ok. So I guess to him the ROLE part of casseROLE is pasta?! Hmmmm. Also we would both highly recommend the whole pack of bacon to be involved. YES!!

OOoOOooOh, a siesta!! The kids & I partook in that sorta action over here too.

You know quite a lot about boar hogs!! Yeah, I think we were thinking about being useful & exercising once upon a time!! What do you think about busting out your pedometer & we can track our steps...as part of (1) facet of our fitness plan?? Rob does about 10,000 steps a day at work. What do you think?!
Old 01-28-2013, 04:45 PM   #912
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What was on the menu for the Loty's dinnz?
Old 01-28-2013, 06:21 PM   #913
Blabbermouth!!!

I am so excited to try the Bac'ed caulisole! At the hunks theory on the name!!! We had that coney dog casserole (no noodles in that FYI LOL) Us girls liked it, ML was unimpressed. Not something I would throw in the menu a lot but it was decent.

Had class tonight. Test went ....eh...ok. I will be happy with B- to a C range! Ha ha ..I aim high huh??? Before we went ML commented that he did not like my eyeshadow today. I found this funny! I said its the same I always wear. He says well someting is different and I am not a fan. I had only put on a base color and liner. More a Marilyn Monroe look VS Madonna circa 1984. Apparently he likes me looking a little more trashy! So I threw on some dark shadow and doubled up on the liner and mascara so he was happy! So funny!

Ok, I will wear my pedometer tomorrow! See how inactive I actually am! Oh and going to take my vites!

Tonight I am super crampy!!! Me and TOM are on the fritz but hes lingering, i sure am hoping I am not getting all wonky again in that dept!!!!
Old 01-28-2013, 07:10 PM   #914
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ML likes his women lookin' a little *hook'ish*!! Funny!! He's lucky his red light district Lady is so accomodating & just goes & pours on some extra -hook- for him!! Good wifey, June!!

I made us mini deli trays for snackies & we played a (long) game of Scrabble. We decided that we wouldn't count points, for the 1st time ever. I tell ya, that makes for a sucky~lame game. No fun!!

I wonder what's up with you & Tom? Years ago my visits were reallllllly random like that. Totally unpredictable, and most times would last for weeks...stop or slow up for a couple/few days...and then back on for weeks again. It was horrible!!
Quite a few years ago it all just settled down & normalized. I've never known what to attribute it to. These days I could nearly set a watch to it...in that it's quite often 28 days apart...and only lasts about 3 days. Nothin' to write home about either....except for the 1st day...I'm usually in pretty severe pain.
Do you have any follow up doc visits where this is concerned, or is there a plan B to wonder about?

Speaking of tracking our mileage, with our pedo's...I wonder what kinda mileage ML treks out in an average work day? I'd think it would be at least a 10,000 step shift for him too, wouldn't you? Does he go thru shoes real fast, with all the walking he does at work? The Hunk does!! He blows thru shoes so fast!! Like every couple months he's in need!!
Old 01-29-2013, 06:42 AM   #915
Blabbermouth!!!

Crap! I forgot my pedo!!! Crap! I had it out and everything

Oh, I am not sure ML spends as much time walking anymore. He used to as an assistant manager. Now I think is spends more of his time on the phone and in meetings. They also have him teach classes a lot, its a 2 hr drive one way and then sort of just stand there. He has put a few lbs on in the last year, maybe 5. He used to walk a ton though and on that hard cement all day

At work, and got my Hook-ish face back on! All is right in the world again
Old 01-29-2013, 07:07 AM   #916
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Wednesday!!...Oh wait...what??! Tuesday. HAPPY TUEZZDAY then!!
I wolk up feelin' like that hog boar you were talking about yesterday!! Really, just so agitated!! Especially after seeing the results of my lack of activity...213. NO!! That's unacceptable!!
Today will be all about bustin' a move towards Nebraska & throwin' my ragin' self into some organizing projects.
I suggested to the Hunk that maybe this weekend he could play trains, in lieu of snow play. AKA, get your trainwreck room cleaned up!! I'm about to have a fit over the spill over that keeps taking place into the office. The snow tubage can happen later!! RAWR!!
Old 01-29-2013, 08:14 AM   #917
Blabbermouth!!!

Why do we do this????

Its so weird I tackle EVERY other problem/project head on full throttle. My health...not so much! I don't get it, I really don't. In the big picture I have dealt with bigger/worse things and not thought a thing of it. Losing weight must just be so overwhelming to me I give up on it is the best I can come up with.

Even 10 min a day to start would help! I was doing so good walking until the dang weather! It is such a slop hole here today and raining now to boot!
Old 01-29-2013, 08:48 AM   #918
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Whatta bummer about your pedo!! At least you have your *Hook* on though!!

I don't know why we have such a hard time with this poundage & lack of discipline in this area of our lives!! But I'm really not in the mood for being a heavy weight champion today!! I'd sure like to be able to take it off, like a bogus costume!!
Old 01-29-2013, 09:41 AM   #919
Blabbermouth!!!

wouldn't that be awesome!!!! Just strip right on out of it!

I am not even the right kind of fat! You know how some carry it all in the right places? I look like 9 months pregnant but deflated! I have a big grody apron just hanging there with like sort of normal arms and legs sticking out. I thought about getting it cut off, that would get me way farther ahead!

this is no good! Not one bit!
Old 01-29-2013, 05:11 PM   #920
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah, I hate not having the *right kind* of fat!! No cutting it off!! That's too invasive & risky and can lead ya into infection & stuff!! None of that!!

I've been in the kitchy almost allll day!! The latest was Buffalo Puff Bars. YUM!! I can't wait to try them the right way....COLD!!

What was your day like??
Old 01-29-2013, 05:12 PM   #921
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, we are just having the weirdest weather! Its a terrible thunderstorm right now The yard is about 4 inches under water in a lot of spots.

I cooked a full side of salmon for dinner, it was ok. Just butter, lemon and soy sauce in a foil pouch in the oven. Was good again but nothing spectacular. 2 mediocre meals in a row! Better pull out the stops tomorrow!
Old 01-29-2013, 05:15 PM   #922
Blabbermouth!!!

fine no cutting it off, but....if I ever lose enough I am getting a new pair of girls! A cute little perky pair!
Old 01-29-2013, 05:16 PM   #923
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh oh oh!!!! your other fun thing is on the way!!! Just checked and its in Oakland CA, shouldn't be too much longer then!!!!
Old 01-29-2013, 05:17 PM   #924
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yup, after 2 *Meh Meals* in a row...ya might consider bustin' out a sure thing...or apply more -hooky- makeup!!

We had breakfasts for lunch....pancakes, eggs, ham and sausage.

Boy that's some major water accumulation you're having!!

I'm giving some thought to the next painting project. I might even start in on it tomorrow!!
Old 01-29-2013, 05:21 PM   #925
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well ok, I suppose you'd have really earned perkin' up the twins at that point, and they usually do tend to be pretty non-existant after losses.

OoOooooOh, yeah Oakland is a days drive from here. It's very near where we used to live down there...like within an hour & half +.
Are we gonna have matching ones...of whatever this goodie is??!
Old 01-29-2013, 05:45 PM   #926
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes!! But I already have mine as it did not get any embellishments on it, it wasn't an option

So, whats the next paint project??
Old 01-29-2013, 06:05 PM   #927
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, there are many options with the paintings...because I'm going to be using 4 different colors when everything is said & done. It'll either go down in one of two places in the living room, or hallway, or base board painting throughout, for a freshen up. I'll have to look at the paints we have & see what looks like it'll go the farthest & what strikes the fancy tomorrow.

I'm hoping the Hunk will spend some time in his train wreck room while I paint.

What are your plans for your day tomorrow?!
Old 01-29-2013, 06:09 PM   #928
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh yeah, I put together the Chicken Boner Cordon Blue goodness for tomorrows eats. We'll have some more of the Bac'ed Caulisole as a side. I can't wait till you get to KNOW about that!! It could help redeem ya!!

Hey, are you guys doing anything for the football weekend?!
Old 01-29-2013, 06:13 PM   #929
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh I havent even considered tomorrow yet. Probably finalize shower stuff and chores. Then basketball starts back up tomorrow night I would love to sneak in a nap too
Old 01-29-2013, 06:30 PM   #930
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes indeed there should be a nap involved in your day!!
Closed Thread