Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2013, 05:57 PM   #871
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
WOE: Atkins-Bernstien-High FAT
Start Date: 9/20/2001
Wow on those wiener poppers!! Half way thru the photos they looked a little pervy ...but redeemed themselves in the end .
I bet those are packin' a whole lotta flave!! Are you considering trying them out?!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2013, 06:00 PM   #872
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So your internet was something other than an effect from your cold weather? It's a good thing you have the smarts to know how to grasp what the repair folks are telling you...unlike some, that would have to wait till their Hunk came home, to save the day. I'm proud of you!!
Old 01-26-2013, 06:02 PM   #873
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: lotus33
Stats: 220/214/130
WOE: smash up of a few
Start Date: 3-17-14
OMG I was getting worried that the pickles exploded and they wouldn't deliver! They said it was to be there by Wed!!!

Uh...I bought those spices waaaayyyyy back when we were talking bout it! LOL Thats how long that box was together! I got it ~before~ you realized fish stunk up the place! Oh well, its yummy use it on something else like chicken *thigh* Maybe we can try making gumbo next week!
Old 01-26-2013, 06:10 PM   #874
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What a drag to have your mock turkey day blown apart!! Has the special day been rescheduled?

Uh-oh...ML instigated a Roseanne sighting!! That bites!! I hate rifts & squabbles!! Oh and pouting!! NO!!

How did your 24hr hair treament work?! That was not the original plan, was it?! I thought you were gonna rinse that out before bed last night!! I'm curious about your thoughts on the results of that!!

That forsure sounds like a creeper that came to your door last night!! Who actually presumes to do a job for someone, without an agreement of any kind & then suggest they'd like to receive payment?!?! No one in their *right mind* does that...that's who!! You nailed it...CREEPER!! Did he actually clear the drive, or was he just saying he did??
Old 01-26-2013, 06:10 PM   #875
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes the internet needed a full on reboot....it wasn't hard to do. Just push some buttons.

G and I ended up going shopping, she had some gift cards still to spend.

We have just been chilling watching a movie, she is playing her new DS game she bought and I am doing some diet research. I found my paleo book, I buy every stupid diet book and don't follow any of them! LOL I shoudl be a nutritionist with all the useless diet knowledge floating around in here! Wonder if anyone would ever hire a fat nutritionist??? Might have to scratch that!
Ends up being the biggest step of your life.
Tip toe if you must,
but take the step.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:18 PM   #876
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I agree on the scary movies being lame. Mostly over the years they just seemed to leave us feeling un-nerved. Probably because there's already so much scary *real life* stuff that we're aware of these days. We like to keep our minds -lighter- than that, usually.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:24 PM   #877
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

No that was not the plan with the hair, but it worked great! I bought some tea tree oil tonight, when I was doing the kids hair today it seems as though they both have a little dry scalp going on. Saw that and so I will try it. I have done the coconut oil but I think I remember not liking it

Oh the creeper.... He must have taken a swipe or two at the drive but not the whole thing for sure! Heres the other thing we live in a town that the demographics are 97% white. He was of the other 3% so not that I am real proud of this but we just by sheer ignorance are nervous to begin with when one comes to the door looking all thug~ish on a 10 speed bike at night. I know that was why ML didn't go ape sh*t on him LOL Oh boy I should tell you about the time he and I went to Chicago! We also don't do big cities for a reason! I do believe sucker was actually written on our foreheads!

Oh ML..he will get over it by the morning. He needs to get over his stark white room thing! Cookoo!

So how was the shopping trip? Any fun finds??
Old 01-26-2013, 06:27 PM   #878
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlKickinIt View Post
Wow on those wiener poppers!! Half way thru the photos they looked a little pervy ...but redeemed themselves in the end .
I bet those are packin' a whole lotta flave!! Are you considering trying them out?!

They may make an appearance, I thought they looked yum! Not *dirty~ pennies~ish*

Old 01-26-2013, 06:30 PM   #879
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I tell you what, back in 2001 when I was first officially diagnosed with diabetes...the nutritionist that I met with was probably 350+ lb.'s, and wanted me to follow their rediculous ADA eating plan. We were supposed to meet weekly, after that initial visit. I never went back. My doc suggested that his diabetics were seeing good results both with their blood sugars coming down & weight coming off...by following the Dr. Atkins plan...so I went right out & bought his book. I'm so Thankful that doc suggested that!! I was 278 at the time, and following low/no fat...which of course was PACKED with sugar!!
It does seem like such a shame to not be able to use all that good info though!! I totally get that!!
Old 01-26-2013, 06:39 PM   #880
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Not dirty *pennies'ish* is a real plus when making edibles...but, sometime ya can't avoid it!!

I totally get your guys's creep out~freak out over the creepage!! Yes, I do need to hear about Chicago!!
We're not fond of big cities either. NO. Like neither one of us would want to go to New York, Las Vegas...any of those busy areas. We lived about an hour & 1/2 North of San Fran, when we lived in Californina...and sometimes had to endure the crazy of that. Never a fan.
What's the population of your town??
Old 01-26-2013, 06:42 PM   #881
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I wonder if putting some drops of the Tea Tree oil into a shampoo such as a *Head & Shoulders* would be a winner, for the kiddos.

What was it that you used for your treatment lastnight? Was it your reg. conditioner that you just left in for a century??

I've tried the coconut oil before, but ended up lookin' like a greesy sleeze bags for DAYS, even after multiple shampoos.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:43 PM   #882
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Back in a jiff to give the details of the day!! Need more coffees!!
Old 01-26-2013, 06:59 PM   #883
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The population here is almost 42,000. The town ML grew up in 1,200 LOL When he says he knew everyone he isn't kidding!!!

No I used a conditioner packet, the little .99 cent ones at the beauty store. I think it was ION brand. Yeah thats right, the coconut oil would not come out! I knew I didn't like it for some reason, I had to explain to the boss lady why I looked like a dirt ball! I swear my hair felt worse after too!
Old 01-26-2013, 07:15 PM   #884
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

While waiting for the Hunk to return from his bible study, the kids guilted me into taking them for a chilly walk in the *Hood*. I nearly killed myself just walking out thru the driveway, as the ground was sparkly frozen. I came back in and grabbed my special gipper things that stretch over the shoes, and off we went. What a difference those things make, in being able to stay upright!! Do you have special shoes grippers too, for frozen/snowy walks??

We headed to Freds & returned those -killer rugs-, and picked up some coupon goods.
Went to the Humane Society to drop a sm. batch of soda cans/donates.
We popped in over at Ross's to see if they had any bath mats we could get crazy about. No.
Then we went on over to Shopko...to look at their selection of rugs. Yippee!! We found a couple matchy small rugs that will work perfectly, and have -real- bath mat backings, as they should.
We skipped over to a mexican restaurant within that same complex, for eats. Big mistake on our parts!! We each gobbled chips/salsa & half of our burritos. We were both on such a carb overload & began feeling all the horrible effects within probably 20 minutes or so. My blood sugar jumped to 412. I took some dope & then we both crashed out for maybe nearly 2 hours!! My sugars were still at 279 when I got up...so I had to throw down some more dope. It was really just stupidness on my part. I know better. Anyway...my other half of my beloved burrito is in the trash now.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:18 PM   #885
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh yeah, Rob threw his out too, cause it was packed with rice & beans...plus that flour tortilla... , and made him feel way toooooo carbed out too. What a waste!! And it tasted sooooo good!!
Old 01-26-2013, 07:29 PM   #886
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hmmmm, yeah, I've seen those little deep conditioner packets before. I don't recall if I've tried them though. If I have...it's been well over a decade. I might have to give that a wonder!! It sounds like a fun SPA thing to do!!

42,000 is a nice size of town. Ours here is about 26,000, and the town over that we run to all the time is about 77,000.
I like those tiny little itty bitty towns, to tour around in for a day...but wouldn't care for living there. Was moving to a larger town a tough adjustment for ML?
I have a bff who grew up in a tiny baby town like that...and even when she moved from there, she sought after another teensy town. She's really more comfy living in a small town, but enjoys traveling a lot & going to big cities for trippin' around.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:53 PM   #887
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh yes, ML hates it here! He is just nostalgic for his high school days though I think I just looked up the population, I was actually surprised it was that high. I was sure it was more like 35,000 Well I wouldn't go bigger that this to live for sure!

dang mexican food! Will get ya every time! Of coarse its my fav fav fav so its a weakness for me too!!

Oh gosh Chicago So we went there to pick up a bed for my MIL from her cousin. (supposedly an awesome bed...actually POS ) anyway we went out to sight see and I don't remember where we were but there were really big pillars like probably 2 ft across anyway. Its night time, we were uncomfortable anyway and this guy jumps out from behind one of these pillars. We stop dead in our tracks and he grabs my foot. He starts singing this little ditty about shining my shoe and whatever. Then he grabs my other foot and does that shoe. We are panicky so don't dare stop him. He is thugy looking and all in black. So after my shoes he does ML also. Then he says that will be $20 so ML whips out his wallet and gives it to him. No $20 each, ML gives him more money. Guy says $20 each foot, ML gets him $40 more dollars and I grabbed it from him before he gives it to the singing foot molesting thug and walk as fast as I can away! Oh my hero ML!!!! I have seen that man get into bar fights just for the fun of it but get him near anything remotely out of redneck zone and he pees himself! Ok maybe I did a little too....so?
Old 01-26-2013, 08:06 PM   #888
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh my GOSH!! What a NUTSO story!! That's just full on crazyness in it's fullest form!! I'm surprised that Dude didn't run after you...seeing as how he was (-) <---that close to gettin' a load of cash!! No doubt you guys freaked out!! I surely woulda too!!
ML sounds like such a funny character!!
Old 01-26-2013, 08:07 PM   #889
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Have you got your day mapped out for tomorrow?!
Old 01-26-2013, 08:14 PM   #890
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Our plan for tomorrow is to church it up in the morning. They're doing some sort of chili cooking cook off-challenge afterwards.
<---Totally not interested, but the Hunk is. I may kill some time up in their library, wondering if there's any books or videos I wanna check out. It's toooo noisy for me at those indoor eaty events. Plus that stuff would likely jack my sugars outta this world.

Aside from that...I need to do some laundry, and I'm considering playing around with making some more B. Puffs.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:23 PM   #891
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh yeah, and I might need to make the delish looking Cauli~Bacon recipe you posted!!
Old 01-26-2013, 08:36 PM   #892
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah that was the first and last time we went to a big city! LOL We have to go again though....been promising the kids for a year to take them to the American Girl store

Tomorrow~fun~day!!!! We are going to a little town about an hour away to their ice festival. They have all sorts of of ice sculpting that is really cool. Then we are going to Bronners, its a huge Christmas store and then hit some of the little shops in the little mall area.

Then ML and I have to study! We have a big test Monday
Old 01-26-2013, 08:39 PM   #893
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

yea the cauli thing made it on the menu next week here too! I have been trying to schedule a weeks worth of meals to be better organized! It works great *if* my week EVER goes as planned!
Old 01-26-2013, 08:43 PM   #894
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

• Chicken Parm Meatballz

• 1 1/4 pounds ground chicken
• 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
• 2 tablespoons chopped onion
• 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
• 1/2 cup Pecorino (or Parm)
• salt to taste
• pepper to taste
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
• 1 egg, whisked
• zest of half a lemon
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 14-ounce can storebought pizza sauce (such as Don Pepino’s)
• about 4 ounces fresh mozzarella (a dozen thin slices; to pile on the cheese would be to cancel out the fact that you were virtuous enough to replace fatty beef with lean chicken)
Directions
Preheat oven to 400°F, setting rack to upper third part of oven. In a large bowl, using your hands, gently mix together first 11 ingredients. Shape into lacrosse-ball size balls (that would be somewhere between golf and tennis) and place a few inches from each other on a foil-lined baking sheet. In a small bowl, mix one spoonful of your pizza sauce with olive oil. Brush this mixture on top of each meatball. Bake for 15 minutes.
Remove meatballs from oven, spoon some sauce on top of each meatball, and cover each with a slice of cheese. Broil another 3 to 5 minutes until cheese is bubbly and golden. Heat remaining sauce in a small saucepan. Serve meatballs with a dollop of sauce and a raw Tuscan kale salad that has been shredded and tossed with shallots, Pecornio, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Source: amazingpinterestworld.blogspot.com

I think this wants to make it onto a menu!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chicken-Parm-Meatballs.jpg (29.3 KB, 1 views)
Old 01-26-2013, 08:47 PM   #895
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hmm...that looks surprisingly like it was stolen off my pinterest board

I am trying something weird Monday. Chili cheese dog casserole
Old 01-26-2013, 08:49 PM   #896
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WOW!! That does sound like a FUN day tomorrow!! Minus the study time!! Hey, maybe fraternize with your fellow study~buddy a bit...that would make it funner!!

I've gotta go to bed!!
I hope you guys have all kinds of FUN on Family~Fun~Day!!
I'll see you tomorrow!!
Old 01-26-2013, 08:51 PM   #897
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What?!?! Did you already have that one!! I just discovered it tonight. I think it would work with pork rinds in there for lower carbage!! YUM!! And, what about a white/alfredo garlic sauce?! YESSSSS!!
Old 01-26-2013, 08:52 PM   #898
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

MmMMMmm, Chili Cheese Dog casserole sounds really GOOOOOD!!
Old 01-26-2013, 09:13 PM   #899
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good night!!
Old 01-27-2013, 06:48 AM   #900
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning!!

It smells of *Carmel Pear Crisp* and Bacon in here!!
Having a loungie morning and researching out the snow tubing fun that could be had at Mt. Bachelor, very soon!! I think we'll need to prepare for this by picking up the Hunk a *warm* jacket...as all he has is leather jackets...and I think I need some waterproof/snow boots for this action.

You guys must be gettin' ready to head out for your big day today!!
Closed Thread