Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 07:38 PM   #841
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
WOE: Atkins-Bernstien-High FAT
Start Date: 9/20/2001
I didn't either!! Shawna is not a very popular name. Not even CT likes my name!! Seriously...she had something else picked out & at the last minute found out that an aquantance of hers had just named her new daughter that...so, I ended up with this. She put no thought into it. Lose!!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2013, 07:43 PM   #842
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
WOE: mostly raw, plant based
Start Date: 9-1-14

What was it going to be???

You know mine is from Peter Pan, however it was between that and...are you ready for this???
Old 01-24-2013, 07:44 PM   #843
Blabbermouth!!!

LaTisha

What?!?!?!?! Totally sounds like a name for a baby of a darker hue doesn't it?????

My goodness Wendy isn't sounding so bad to me now!
Old 01-24-2013, 07:45 PM   #844
Blabbermouth!!!

OMG the commercial content is making me change the channel! Nothing like 4 min of commercials and 2 min of show!
Old 01-24-2013, 08:00 PM   #845
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LaTisha?! What the heck?! Where on earth did that come from?! That is so FUNNY!! Reminds me of this older security guard that worked for a resort that Rob worked at, back in our California days. Everytime I went thru there, he would say "Hi LaShonda!!". What??! Why??!
Also, for some reason, for a few years now...I've been the specific recipient of a womens clothing magazine, featuring exotic clothing for women of color.

I don't recall what I was gonna be named. It was something else starting with Sh, if I remember right.

You must get extra bonus points when you're caught watching ESPN all on your own?!
Old 01-24-2013, 08:06 PM   #846
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So I guess I just have no idea how long Peter Pan has been around. It's not been on my radar...so I might have thought it was not around long enough to have been the inspiration of your name. I've always really liked the name Wendy. One of my besties in elementary school was named Wendy.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:06 PM   #847
Blabbermouth!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhh

LaShonda...you are my long lost sister!

Al right...LaTisha is heading to bed! Going to sleep in tomorrow! Yes!!
Old 01-24-2013, 08:11 PM   #848
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ok LaTisha!! You go get your sleeps & be sure to sleep in, just like you plan!!
See you tomorrow!!
Old 01-24-2013, 08:13 PM   #849
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh no, the original story is like 100 years old, the movie I think was like in the 50's

ALthough I was actually named after a friend of my mom's not specifically after the movie.

OK really going to bed now! Gonna go read a bit. Too bad the library won't lend you the book longer! You could go read now too!
Old 01-24-2013, 08:24 PM   #850
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, well I guess you're old enough then.

Reading -does- sound like just the right thing for the wind down. I think I might.

Tomorrow could be a good day to pop a vite & focus on waters!! OoOOh, maybe a weigh in too, so as to know what the loss is by 4/13.
I'll try to remember that I wanna do that, before the coffee gets tipped back.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:42 AM   #851
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Friday!!

It's *Spa* day, w/ a smidge of choring on the side over here!!
My check in is 211 this morning. In other upsetting news...the newest humidifier that I was so swoony over...is acting up, in ways that may require a break up. I'm still crazy about it, and that's what makes this so difficult. But it's jerking me around with it's displays and being inconsistant.

What's the Lotyville plan for the day?!
Old 01-25-2013, 08:05 AM   #852
Blabbermouth!!!

LaShonda~spa~day sounds great!!! Whats on the spa ticket today?

whats up with you and humidifiers??? What a bummer its already acting up!!!! I have a ~potential~ malfunctioning alarm clock over here! I woke up ML at 4:30 and he says oh oops I am going in late today let me sleep till 5:30. Which is a major pet peeve for me! If he wants multiple wake up calls he can wake himself up! I remember resetting the alarm but it never went off so he was late for work serves him right! I would think it was me just not awake and made a mistake but I noticed its not keeping time right now either. Will check later today to confirm who's at fault!

Oh I have been on the water ever since you had gone to the Dr.'s. Have you heard any more news on all that yet???

Vites..not so much so I will go pop a pill or 8 in a minute.

Official weight is 218. I only keep bouncing back and forth a few lbs. No progress really. I really just wanted to do this slowly because I know losing it fast will only result in me gaining it back fast and then some. Been there done that, got the t-shirt! The problem with LC and me is that about a month in on 20g a day I start getting really dizzy. Very lightheaded. Weird, so that was why I was excited about the CAD program. However much I like that program and think its great for me for long term maintenance I seem to take more freedoms with it than if I was on a *I am on a diet* mentality. I hate that mind frame. The whole thing is such a double edge sword! So going back in to freak out diet mode just till the wedding then will readjust at that time.

You know that Dr. on BL said something to that one player. He asked him if he had cancer would he take 2 hrs a day out for chemo? Guy says yes, Dr. says what you have now is worse than cancer. *light bulb turned on* Whoa that struck me as powerful for some reason!

So heres to a crazy next 2.5 months!

Sep 1~223, Oct 1~210
Old 01-25-2013, 09:47 AM   #853
Blabbermouth!!!

Loaded Cauliflower Casserole Printable recipe
2 lbs cauliflower florets
8 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
8 oz shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
8 oz block cream cheese, softened
4 tablespoons heavy cream
2 bunches green onions, sliced (1 1/2 cups)
6 sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 clove garlic, grated
Salt & pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Steam cauliflower florets until tender.
While cauliflower steams, cream together 6 oz of the shredded cheddar, 6 oz of the Monterey Jack, cream cheese, and heavy cream.
Stir in sliced green onions, chopped bacon, and garlic.
Set aside.
Drain any liquid from steamed cauliflower and add to cheese mixture.
Stir cauliflower and cheese mixture together.
Taste for seasoning, and add as necessary.
If you want a finer texture, give a few mashes with the potato masher.
Pour into a 2-3 quart casserole and sprinkle on remaining cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese.
Cover dish with foil and bake for 25 minutes; remove foil and continue to bake until cheese is brown and bubbly.
Enjoy!

Last edited by lotus33; 01-25-2013 at 09:48 AM..
Old 01-25-2013, 11:06 AM   #854
Blabbermouth!!!

I just rubbed oil into my floor in the dining room by hand..on my hands and knees!

totally counting it as a unit of exercise! It was a pain...literally
Old 01-25-2013, 11:16 AM   #855
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dang...you could probably count that as a full case of units!! <---That's LaTisha, cleaning the floor!!
Old 01-25-2013, 11:18 AM   #856
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That Cauli goodness looks like it's got my name on it!! LaShonda!!
The goodness is noted in my grocery list, to pick up the goods to make that, right away. Are you gonna make it soon too?!
Old 01-25-2013, 11:19 AM   #857
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We had Salisbury & french green beans with diced tomato w/jalapeno...rotel style, for lunches.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:28 AM   #858
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

*Spa Ticket*...I like it!! Well today the Spa was scented with Jasmine oil. There was a mani, minus the polish replenish. That will come in a bit. Cashed in on the rainbox & dumped a batch of lotion on. Found some fresh & pretty in there!! I'm startin' to think about a nap!! Then I'll do a thorough vac'ing & continue with the office organizy project. It's lookin' Good!!

Where is your day taking you today? Do you still have an extra kiddo at the homestead?
Old 01-25-2013, 11:34 AM   #859
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So funny about the alarm sitchy!! Well, funny from over here!!

Would your current plan work well if during those times you're feeling weak/dizzy with the lower carbs, if you upped them a smidge, with possibily a bit more veggies, so as to sustain it for as long as you're needing to? Just a wonder.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:29 PM   #860
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh yes, its on the menu! Looks yumm~o!!! Going to roast that turkey tomorrow so its on for then.

Yes I am going try for 30g a day and see what happens. Guest I am going to have to use ****** for a bit just to make sure I am keeping it at 30g. a day.

Oh I am just sort of 15-ing. cleaning and playing online. The other kid goes home in half an hour, then i may consider a nap as well!! Put on some coffee, I am so bad at not having it on my days off then I end up with a headache! Thats sounds funny....going to drink some coffee then take a nap! Seems counterproductive
Old 01-25-2013, 03:53 PM   #861
Blabbermouth!!!

Well you inspired a mini~spa action over here. Got all the pollish off and then took a shower and am doing a deep conditioning treatment to my hair now. Will rinse it before bed. Got all sort of Cindy face potions on too!

I know I got stuff done today but I am feeling very unproductive for some reason. Maybe its just stir craziness from having that other girl here.

ML is on his way home now, that alarm clock is wonky! Now its an 1:52 ahead of time! Strange huh, wouldn't you think it would lose time rather than gain? Oh well, that thing is probably 20 years old. I have another I just switched them out.

Oh and didn't get a nap, my friend stopped over and brought me all her Mom's teapots for me to use. Yah!!!

Last edited by lotus33; 01-25-2013 at 03:54 PM..
Old 01-25-2013, 07:37 PM   #862
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh yay...LaTisha Spa'd out!! What color did you go with on your mani?! I ended up going with a pretty bright pink...same as the toe pigs. Lot's of Cindy facial action, huh? Are ya lookin' a kin to an infant yet?

That was sweet of your pal to bring you her teapots.

I've never heard of a clock speeding up!! That sounds horror-flick'ish!! Speaking of which...Rob has recently picked up a couple horror flicks...and I was really kind of surprised that he did...cause neither of us care for freaky movies, anymore. Or at least I didn't think we did. For as much as we didn't wanna be scared...we couldn't look away either!!
Old 01-25-2013, 07:43 PM   #863
Blabbermouth!!!

Uh oh...don't be scared of things that go glug in the night!

What did you watch?
Old 01-25-2013, 07:52 PM   #864
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So I got the nap in...and the power vac'ing. After the Hunk got home, we visited over coffees, and then bailed to do our runnin' around. Hit the library, pharma and the market. Got everything for the Cauli goodness!! Picked up a little bath mat set...that may have to go back, cause it had no grip on the under side & keeps moving around. Could try the pinterest idea of puttin' a few lines of caulking on the under side & see if that would work. BUT, if it didn't, then I'd be stuck with the jacked up rugs.

We had little homemade deli tray eats for Dinnz.

So you're gonna just throw your turkey into the oven, frozen?! I have never heard of such a thing!! Have you tried this method before?? I can't wait to hear about this!!
Old 01-25-2013, 08:06 PM   #865
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well the one most worth watching was "The Messengers". It was a 2007 flick. The other was "Paranormal Activity", from 2009. There's no way I could sit thru that one again!! Nooooo!! The 1st 3/4's of it moved soooooo slowwww.

Do you guys watch freakers? Any you'd suggest?
Old 01-26-2013, 07:03 AM   #866
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yippee it's Saturday!!

The mission this morning is to hit the Spa early, get it outta the way & be ready when the Hunk returns from his bible study. The fellow that usually does the cooking down there for all the guys is gone somewhere for the day, so instead of fancy cooked eats...Rob's taking them 4 dozen doughnuts. He's gonna try to resist having any. Wanna bet that doesn't work out for him?!
So the idea is that we'll head to the next town over & shop some things out.
I've decided that those bath rugs are absolutely going back!! Each of us has nearly slipped & killed ourselves on them & one of the 3 rugs is tooooo tiny for the space I wanted it to work in. So they're out!!

What's the Lotyville plan for the day?!
Old 01-26-2013, 10:10 AM   #867
Blabbermouth!!!

Good afternoon! Busy morning allready! Internet went down and I had to spend 45 min on the phone with the repair peeps

I have no idea what I am doing today, plans change at the drop of a hat around here! ML got a call early this am and someone called in that was closing the store tonight so he switched his day and just went in now and will close. Then Ava's friend asked her to have a sleep over so she is leaving in a few hours. So its just me and G. No big turkey dinner today! Not sure what we are going to do. She asked me what we were going to do today in front of ML and he said his standard answer, you guys can stay home and clean So I snapped at him. And now he is pouty....very pouty. Whatev! He can change my pet name to Rosanne instead of June!

So far today everyone found their beauty but me! I need to wait a bit for some hot water to replenish. I slept with that conditioner treatment on my hair...hope it isnt total grease after I wash it!! I vac'd, dusted again, got dishes switched and tidied kit, got some mail out, I would like to get my coupons organized this afternoon.

Oh my I forgot to tell you about what happened last night! ML and I were just starting to watch our shows and catch up on the week and the doorbell rings. Its almost 9:00 at this time. He goes and its some creeper of a guy and says he was here the other day and shoveled our drive and sidewalk. HUh??? I hear ML say oh well thank you, he says well I charge $50 a driveway or $20 an hour. ML is oh ok, well we have a snowblower so you don't have to do us. WHat??? Who in the world is this weirdo? ML didn't want to flip the switch on the guy because we were like uh...don't want to make crazy mad and have our tires slashed in the morning! This strange stuff doesn't happen often so when it does I don't hesitate to call the police, but ML was here so I let it go for now

No, I have no recommendations for scary movies. ML doesn't like them and the older I get the lamer they seem I used to love them but the last few I watched were super lame~o.

Wow I would think a bath rug with no rubber back is a super hazard! Why would they even sell that?! Def go take that back!!!

Hope you guys have a great day running around!
Old 01-26-2013, 11:14 AM   #868
Blabbermouth!!!

Old 01-26-2013, 05:52 PM   #869
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Guess who's smellin' up the place with their fancy burner and apple crisp smellies?!?! I LOVE it soooooo much!! The warmer is soooo pretty And IS very matchy with the blues/browns here in the living room!! I feel straight up spoiled rotten!! All those flaves of goodies!! WOW!! I can not believe you!! That is truly the sweetest, most thoughtful combination of goodies, EVER!! I cracked up when I saw the spices!! I told Rob, we'd discussed this seasoning *once*, quite a while back...what a memory!! It sounds like they're suggesting that it can be used just like a person would use salt!! I can't wait to try it out!! The blend they're using looks really good!! He couldn't believe you sent him pickles!! That was soooo sweet of you!!
Everytime I see that pretty warmer, I will think of your kindness. Thank you my Loty!!
Old 01-26-2013, 05:54 PM   #870
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh yeah, and the goodie carmel spray!! That smells JUST like sweet baked goodness!! Whoa!! I nearly need to shoot up some extra dope over that!! Love that!!
Closed Thread