Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 07:52 AM   #811
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
Start Date: 9/20/2001
Goodmorning!!

Totally Yippee that you get to be home today!! Are you all planning to just kick it at the homestead for the day or are there outtings planned?

I'm choring today!! I have a big ole list of projects I wanna nail.

Yeah, the smilies really help a lot!! Not so helpful though when restricted!!

Rob is of the mind that white chicken/turkey is just the driest/tasteless/useless meat around. And, Dark chicky is still just 2nd rate. He'd like to have pig & cow only, if he could get away with it...but, he's not the one doing the cooking around here.
But come on!! Who does a saucy/cheesey recipe with full on boneage that ya have to work around while you're trying to have your goodie?! You know who?? The one that let the Dude accompany her while doing the grocery shopping.

I feel very confident, that if neither of us leaves our homes today...we won't encounter much in the way of crazy. Well, unless any of the CT's try to invade the day.

No news yet on C.Greg. Maybe laters today.

So what are you doing today?!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2013, 07:59 AM   #812
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
WOE: mostly raw, plant based
Start Date: 9-1-14
Well, everyone is fed (except ML who is still sleeping jealous!) Even made the kids some lemon poppyseed muffins and bran muffins, they are having them hot out of the oven now!

Todays aganda...clean, stay out of the kids way LOL, making a roast for dinner. Then G has ball practice and A has gymnastics later.

Oh and big changes in the eating plan for now. Starting today until 4-13-13 I am strictly atkins 30g or less of carb a day. I like CAD for long term but...I need to drop some lbs!!!! i would really like to NOT be the fattest bridsmaid!

Sep 1~223, Oct 1~210, Nov 1~207
Old 01-24-2013, 08:03 AM   #813
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh gosh no ...I am staying in and choring today too...except for the kids activities tonight! Its still flippin cold!

Whats on your to do's?

I don't even have a plan...just starting with a good kit scrub, something in the fridge has died! Which confuses me because there is nothing in there really, well leftovers wise ya know? Weird!
Old 01-24-2013, 08:06 AM   #814
Blabbermouth!!!

Hmmph! Well I like chicken! LOL ML isnt a fan of turkey either. But...its on the menu for sunday so deal with it buddy! I have one in the freezer still from the holidays. I am not even going to thaw it just pop it in the oven. Usually I grill them but I don't have anywhere to thaw the sucker! And its tooooo cold to be grilling! It has to be at least 20 out for me to go grill!
Old 01-24-2013, 08:37 AM   #815
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh boy!! Those lucky little Little's!! Muffiny Muffins!!

Your day sounds totally devine!! I'd forgotten that ML is also off today!! Yay!! Family Day for the Loty's!!

Great meal plan switch up!! When is the wedding? Is it 4-13? I KNOW you can do this & you too can be struttin' down the isle wearing YOUR very flattering *Purple Rain Zebra* dress!!
Old 01-24-2013, 08:51 AM   #816
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welp, aside from a load of *daily's* & some heavier duty cleanings...I'm gonna work on organizing the office, that -somebody- has been using as part storage...because he's in the middle of wiring his train table, in the train room, that has become a train wreck...and needed more room, to make a bigger mess. So some of these boxes that the office has temporarily inherited, has gotten in the way of the functionality & ease of office work. Not condusive to keeping the filing straightened, when ya gotta work around clutter!! That's the biggie today, as well as sorting & purging my bozillian hair products.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:52 AM   #817
Blabbermouth!!!

So I feel as though I may have just wasted and entire hour and a bunch of groceries.

I had bought kale on Sunday so I can try these dumb chips out. I also made sausage and kale soup. Sounded great but I have weird~ness with some pork. Sausage sometimes has a very off putting smell/taste to me and I fear this batch has it! Some pork chop and roasts do it too. That happened after I got pregnant. Never had any problems until them Now it tastes like dirty pennies sometimes.

The *chips* are cooling. They came out far more fragile than I was expecting. Haven't tried them yet either but can't imagine what all the fuss is about!
Old 01-24-2013, 11:00 AM   #818
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

There is NOTHING to fuss about with the chips. NOTHING. They're -meh- at best. But kinda neat try at least once. You've done it now...and you don't have to do again.

My eyes nearly popped outta my head when I read about your pork tasting like *Dirty P@nis*!! Well that's how I read it, at first.

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 01-24-2013 at 11:05 AM..
Old 01-24-2013, 11:04 AM   #819
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I hear ya on not being able to chow some things and for various reasons. If I'm bugged by something anymore...even though there's the cost guilt associated with it...it gets dumped anyway. The price to me becomes -Too High- if I'm taking in something that's got me un-nerved, for whatever reason. EVEN if it's a flave issue...and not even a freshness issue. I say dump it!! Especially if it's a dirty p@nis!!
Old 01-24-2013, 11:09 AM   #820
Blabbermouth!!!

get out of the gutter Miss Shawna!!!!

Oh my gosh I nearly just had a stroke laughing so hard!!!!!!!!!!! Of coarse if I got that awesome dress I could probably pull off a diet of that and nobody would question it!

Uh..the chips...meh

the soup I took 1 bite I knew as soon as the meat hit the pan it was going to be the nasty sausage!

And yup thats the wedding day
Old 01-24-2013, 12:22 PM   #821
Blabbermouth!!!

So I strained all the *dirty* bits out and tried to save just the broth

Nope! Not happening!

Old 01-24-2013, 12:24 PM   #822
Blabbermouth!!!

browned up a big ol piece of (clean) beef in the cast iron dutch oven and now its in the oven cooking on low.

Kit clean and swept and mopped!

Moving onto family room
Old 01-24-2013, 02:23 PM   #823
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WOW!! What a power house tackler you've been today in that kitchy!!
I hope your Roasty turns out to be really tasty. What will your sides be? I'd like some mashed taters w/gravy & some THICK mac & cheese w/mine. Oh...a fluffy buttered biscuit & 1/4 of the coconut pie...w/whippy!!

I've been busy!! Then I had an impromtu CT visit over here...with a possible follow up visit later, for retrieval of the kids, for their walk.
I'm trying to curb a headache with some java...but I think what I really need is a little nap.

How's your family room cleanings going?
Old 01-24-2013, 03:43 PM   #824
Blabbermouth!!!

Yeah your the winner ( not to be confused with weiner )

You had CT visit for your daily dose of crazy!!!!!!

Roast beef was delish! just had steamed frozen mix veg with it, made some frozen rolls for the rest of the fams but I refrained I sure would go for your pretend dinner with the pies and all!

Ok gotta go throw on a proper face and head out to gymnastics! C-ya
Old 01-24-2013, 06:47 PM   #825
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

MmMMmMMm, your *real* dinn sounds really Good!! WANT IT!!

Yeah, CT came over twice today. She gave me plenty of opportunity to debate some nonsense stuff with her & question some things that I think were not quite -truths-...but I refrained. It's pointless.

Got another call from the health store gal today. This time she say's "I wanted to apologize again, for dropping the ball." AGAIN? What is she referring to?? This is the 1st time that she's acknowledged that she's handled this sitchy in any other way than steller. And yes, dropping the ball is one thing, but that downright rude behaviour that she hasn't acknowledged at all...unacceptable.

So is your cuzz M.M Ava's total hero...with all the gymnastics & whatnot?? I would sure think so!!

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 01-24-2013 at 06:50 PM..
Old 01-24-2013, 07:01 PM   #826
Blabbermouth!!!

Back from gynmastics. G has a friend from basketball staying the night so they are hiding, ML went on man~date night, and A is playing wii. So Sunday and I are cuddled up playing online! She is such an addict!

Hows the head??? After I got the kit done and the family room done I cleaned the dining room baseboards and then I too took a wee bit of a nap Only 45 min and woke myself up after about 20 snoring so loud I nearly choked!

These kale chips really sort of have me miffed, I am not going to lie! HOW in the world does everyone think they are sooooo awesome?????? I am so confused about this!

Oh and today ML and I finally come to a final verdict on how to proceed with the finances. Its been an eye opener for him for sure! I don't think he had a clue as to how much he piddles away every month. And with the insurance going up and the SS tax increased and who know what else went up with all these tax things goin on...somewhere we lost about $380 a month! So anyway we have it all figured out again What a headache!
Old 01-24-2013, 07:08 PM   #827
Blabbermouth!!!

Yeah the roast was good, did some pinteresty recipe for a 3 packet roast or something like that, anyway it was seasoned with 1 packet onion soup mix, 1 packet italian dressing mix, and 1 packet brown gravy mix. I mixed those up in a bowl, took half of it and used it like a dry rub, browned the meat then sprinkled the rest over top and added a bit of water, covered and cook. It turned out good.

Funny you say that about M.M. tonight! I never say anything about it to anyone at class but tonight the one little girl was obsessed with Gabby Douglas....so...I had to throw my 2 cents in then! Since they were talking oplympic gymnasts and all! I'm just like OMG Ava never told you all who her cousin is did she????
Old 01-24-2013, 07:09 PM   #828
Blabbermouth!!!

X-games started today...do you guys watch???
Old 01-24-2013, 07:13 PM   #829
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh no, that's a load of cash!! That's not a fun discovery at all!!

Yeah, I don't know about the Kale chips & their popularity. Did you finish them off? Did you have any testers brave enough to try 'em?

You got a lot done today!! It sounds llike you all are having a nice evening.

What are your plans for tomorrow?!
Old 01-24-2013, 07:43 PM   #830
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Uhhh, this dork doesn't know what an X-game is. I'm gonna guess!! Is it like a tv challenge game of eXtreme sports? Win?!

OoOOOh, that roast sounds like it would have a lot of good flavors involved. I like the idea of using part of the seasoning for a dry rub...searing it, then adding the rest of the goods while it cooks. Great idea!!

That's funny about disclosing the M.M. relation!! I'd imagine they were all starry eyed over that bit of news. She's a real cutie, and such talent.

Yeah, the headache was -mostly- nipped out with my mini nap. Got about the same amount of down time as you did. That really helps most of the time.

The library sent me a note that they want my Lying book back by tomorrow. I can't re-up my time with it cause there's a hold on it by someone else. I didn't wanna give it up already...I haven't read it yet!! So I guess that's one stop I'll be making tomorrow. I've also gotta hit the pharma & pick up a load of needles & some dope.

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 01-24-2013 at 07:44 PM..
Old 01-24-2013, 07:52 PM   #831
Blabbermouth!!!

Do you have ESPN?? its on live now. Its in Aspen, its winter extreme sports. You never heard of Shaun White?
Old 01-24-2013, 07:55 PM   #832
Blabbermouth!!!

Poor Jack, he does not like the girl that is over and he has to stay in his crate while she is here

There are only a very small amount of people he doesn't like and I'll be darned if he isn't right! This girl is very sneaky and a little bit of a trouble maker but underhandedly. I was hoping this friendship would have been over by now! Oh and....bonus to the weird. Her mom is BFF's with my sister! I have known her forever but it was a little weird at first when the girls became friends!
Old 01-24-2013, 07:59 PM   #833
Blabbermouth!!!

Oooh you should put it on...snowmobiles are on now! Crazy!

ETA my fave is the snowboarders

ETA again....oh already a wreck

Last edited by lotus33; 01-24-2013 at 08:01 PM..
Old 01-24-2013, 08:06 PM   #834
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Apparently we do have ESPN!! I asked Rob if he knew if we had it...& he didn't know either. We're not real *sporty*, aside from karate stuff, and football, (for the sake of chowing on appies).
Coolness!! The Hunk was just looking for something to watch. This will work!! Great choice!!
Old 01-24-2013, 08:12 PM   #835
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh how I envy you!!!

This stupid channel almost runs continuously when ML is home
Old 01-24-2013, 08:12 PM   #836
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh that's something else that even Jack's spidey senses go off around that little one. Poor boy. Maybe if he was out to traumatize the little darling...she wouldn't wanna come back? I guess that would be strange to have your estranged sisters BFF's kid around. Do you think that the BFF reports her findings during your interactions?

I've never seen snowboarding before...and certainly never of the extreme nature. How cool!!
What a wreck that was on the snow mobile!!
I've never been skiing before. Have you?!
Old 01-24-2013, 08:18 PM   #837
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

No, me & Shaun White...we don't know each other. I'd like to let him know to start spellin' his name right or don't bother tryin' to talk at me.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:25 PM   #838
Blabbermouth!!!

yeah its very strange, I am not sure if she reports of not?

on just letting Jackie out!

Well I went skiing once, it was a high school trip. Never went before so I was on the bunny hill getting a lesson on how to stop and whatever. I rocked the bunny hill hardcore and decided to take on the black diamond hill right next to it. Not knowing what the symbols meant really and seeing it was next to the bunny hill I thought it was just the next step up....uh no. Hardest hill there. I durfed it so bad and just laid there on the hill and people were hollering at me from on the ski lift...are you ok??? Yup just embarrassed.

I also distinctly remember not being able to stop at some point and ending up straddling a small sapling that somehow jumped in front of me
Old 01-24-2013, 08:27 PM   #839
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlKickinIt View Post
No, me & Shaun White...we don't know each other. I'd like to let him know to start spellin' his name right or don't bother tryin' to talk at me.

Yup, he sure didn't have any pencils with his name on it when he was a kid!
Old 01-24-2013, 08:34 PM   #840
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Loty the little tree hugger!! My gosh, that must have been scary to realize that Black Diamond Hill was actually the biggest deal there!! Yikes!! Did you find it easy enough to learn how to stop? Seems like that would be tricky.
I just wanna go down mini hills on a sled...with no sapling trees around. We have all kinds of ski resorts surrounding us, where we live now. Maybe something to consider for a little field trip one of these days.
Closed Thread