Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2013, 08:11 PM   #781
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
WOE: mostly raw, plant based
Start Date: 9-1-14
Oh my, home..on couch with blanket and a dog! Yeah!

So I tried my best to set up one of ML friends with a girl that SO knows and he flat out said NO! WHAT???!!!! Nobody gets away with that! Clearly the boy has lost his dang mind! Oh well..I won't press anymore.

It is flipping cold here tonight! Like the cold that hurts! -15 with wind chill factored in The house is even cold, like its just seeping through the walls! Brrrr...

I need to work on a list of things that I need to get done...I feel like I am forgetting things that need to be done. Paper-worky kinds of things

Oh and.....TOM makes me a little...shall we say..unsmart? When i told you my B. Puffs turned out fine even though i doubled the hot sauce..uh I doubled the whole recipe so of coarse they stayed the same as last time! Oh what a dork!

Sep 1~223, Oct 1~210, Nov 1~207

Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2013, 08:58 PM   #782
Blabbermouth!!!

OOhhh 1 thing before I go to bed.

The guy I buy the cow from sells organic free range eggs as well for $2.00 a dozen.

Someone has a standing order for 3 dz a week...whoot!

if only that certain someone could boil an egg...life would be good!
Old 01-21-2013, 09:06 PM   #783
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
Start Date: 9/20/2001
Awwwe, couch, blanket & pup time!! That's a Good sitchy!!

The Matchmaker was -Shut Down-!! What is it that has this fellow runnin' the other direction do you think??

I don't know that I've ever been in cold like you're describing!! OoOOOOOoh...somebody's gonna wanna get warm!! You best get in there & crank that blanket on...or you're gonna be in trouble!!

That is sooooo funny about your B. Puff memory loss!! So you must have thought you had yourself some massive extra macho tolerance for the spice factor, beings you were able to handle the double dose so easily!! FUNNY!!

Freshly washed bedding tonight. Love that!!

I biked 3 miles earlier. SUPERSTAR!!

Friday, Dec. 5th , 2014 = 182.5

Friday, Dec. 12th , 2014 =
Old 01-21-2013, 09:07 PM   #784
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, -someone- needs to keep trying with that, until they get it down...like the pro I KNOW they can be!!
Old 01-21-2013, 09:09 PM   #785
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's a reallllly Good deal!! Awesomeness!! You're just gonna be too healthy!!
Old 01-22-2013, 08:14 AM   #786
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It's HAPPY TUESDAY!!

Painting IS indeed on the agenda over here!! I want that project -finished-!! Because we've pulled everything outta there...it' all cluttered about in the bedroom. CLUTTER!! NOOOO!! That drives me insane!!
So, I've tidied around here, had yogurt & flax & almonds for B...all my vites , double green & iced T, AND 3 miles on my R. bike!! BAM-Boom!! Knockin' it outta the park!!
I look tore up from the floor up, forsure. So I'm gonna cash in on a clean up & then tear that project down.

How's Lotyville today?! What have you got going on, aside from worky?
Old 01-22-2013, 12:03 PM   #787
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey look at you go!!!

Rockin the bike, painting, cleaning, vites....whoot! You on it today!

Uh...me not so much! Work is terrible tedious. Still going through all files and bills and trying to figure crap out! Besides the extreme tireds from TOM sho has not actually arrived yet....just prepping to come still I guess sure just drag out the agony a little longer TOM thats cool!

Another cold cold day today! You guys don't get that low?? Seems like you would. Its 6 out right now but with the wind its -11. Not sure what this am was but your nose hairs instantly freeze its so annoying!

Ok back to work! TTYL!! Rockstar!
Old 01-22-2013, 02:25 PM   #788
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

L@@K at what I was wearing when I opened up my *special* package of Purple Zebras!! Un-real!! Can you even believe that?! Even the color of my sweater thing totally matches the purple on the gloves!! I about died laughing when I saw those gloves!! You're the -ONLY- one that knows of my glove impairments!! I will think of you everday when I do the dishes and recall what a sweet and fun~silly friend I have in you. Plus you know how I Love purple & the zebra action...clearly!! LOVE!! Thank you~Thank you!! So much *Awesomeness*!!
I can't wait to show Rob. He's gonna CRACK UP!!

Gotta finish the last of the rolling out on this dang project!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ZebraLoty.jpg (30.3 KB, 5 views)
Old 01-22-2013, 02:50 PM   #789
Blabbermouth!!!

Are you kidding! Thats hilarious!!! Boy it just couldn't match any better!!!

You look awesome rocking the Loty style too!!! Clearly your a quick study!!!

Isn't it so sad what things get us excited anymore! I was so stoked when I saw those!!!
Old 01-22-2013, 07:22 PM   #790
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Totally not kidding!! Isn't that nuts?! Rob got such a kick out of it too!! I don't know that I've ever worn that combo before today either. I pieced it together when looking for something to paint in. It's clearly nothing I'd try to pull off in public!! But I don't know now...with fancy gloves?!

I am so exhausted of this painting game!! Bathrooms are such pains, with all the bits & pieces to work around. We're finally done!! Yeah, I said -we-. The Hunk offered to give it the 2nd coat, that it clearly needed. I'd have probably wimped out & left it in need, for another time. Probably, as in forsure. But he swooped in & saved the day, after I had the 1st full coat up there.
I'm sooooo looking forward to it being dry enough tomorrow, that I can get it restocked with all it's junk...and out of my way in the bedroom!!

What was your day like?!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg M Powder 2013.jpg (25.6 KB, 3 views)
Old 01-22-2013, 07:46 PM   #791
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh I love it! So funny! I don't know if I would be able to rock the pants in public but totally in the house! You look so pretty for painting!!

The bathroom!!!!! Is it looking like the curtain will be able to stay too? looks like it matches good to me, but pics are hard to tell. Sometimes that paint takes forever to really cure so you may want to wait a couple days to hang stuff. All depends on the humidity levels. seeing as someone has a super duper humidifier close by you might want to hold off.

ML and I went through finances tonight..... super fun! Trying to figure out how to build up a good savings and pay off some old bills. What a headache!
Old 01-22-2013, 07:58 PM   #792
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh and got my eggs today, they are poopy! Like literally poopy and there was straw in the carton!

guess it doesn't get any fresher than that
Old 01-22-2013, 08:21 PM   #793
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Criminy, so you dealt with bleckity end of year stuff at work all day & then finished up with running #'s at home? Did you guys come up with a doable plan, or is it still on the table?

I don't want hear about this nonsense of being careful about these fragile, freshly painted walls!! But I know you're right. Especially the big heavy cabinet that needs to be rehung above the potty. Grrrrr!! We are gonna refrain from using the bedroom humidifier tonight, and we'll be sure to keep the bath fan going...but I don't reckon that's gonna do much. It needs TIME. Ahhhh well, at least the light at the end of the tunnel is bright & in sight!!

If there was any way that a loaded Taco Salad could/would show up...OR Nachos...I'd rip into that like it's no ones bizz!! I want it!!

What did you guys have for dinners??

*Yes, I did wear those rockin' zebra pants out to the mail box, for the whole neighborhood to see!! It's half way between our diggs & CT's.
<---BRAVE!!
Old 01-22-2013, 08:23 PM   #794
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh wow!! Poopy eggs!! Guess they don't believe in rinsing. FARM FRESH...for realzz!!
Old 01-22-2013, 08:35 PM   #795
Blabbermouth!!!

Yeah, I think so. We have a bunch of stocks sitting doing nothing, well it was kids college fund but we are going to cash it out and pay off the remaining personal loan from gosh about 8 years ago, my student loan, and most of his car. That will free up $700 a month! We are going to try that Dave Ramsey plan on the PG. So going to try to get enough savings for 6 months worth of bills to prepare for any emergency. Also up the amount that we put away for retirement.

Uhg....not sure why we did that tonight, I still have a full day of numbers at work tomorrow too! We are about half done now.

Mmm...I could totally go for a taco salad too!!! We had patty melts for dinner. B was 3 B. puffs, and lunch me and the boss lady went out to clear our heads! Had a cup of soup, small salad, 2 beef patties with cheese, pickle and mayo. Was feeling really good about the choices and then the lady comes to the table and says what pie do you want its free pie tuesday Lets not talk about that though
Old 01-22-2013, 08:43 PM   #796
Blabbermouth!!!

Ok pretty purple zebra lady...I am headed to bed!

TTYL!
Old 01-22-2013, 08:49 PM   #797
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh man!! PIE!! IF you did get to have pie...what flave would it have been?! Inquiring mouths wanna drool!!
You DID make very solid choices for lunchie eats!! Good job!!

It sounds like you & ML are putting together a really good plan for the future $'s!! That's SUPER!! Makes a LOT of sense to get rid of that debt, and turn those extra $'s around to pay stuff down ever further & build that cusion!! Great thinking!!

I'm thinking tonight is gonna be an early night for this one. I'm whooped!!

Tomorrow is your last day of the week!! What are you & the kiddos up to after that?
Old 01-22-2013, 08:52 PM   #798
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes indeed, sleeps!!
See you tomorrow!!

*Thanky~Thanky for my Special~Fun~Prettys!!
Old 01-23-2013, 05:04 AM   #799
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh I am freakin out a bit! I forgot to tell you I got my china in the mail yesterday, 3 pieces were broken. They were packed very nicely though and its no ones fault I really think its just soooo stinking cold it became very fragile. Anyway woke up today and though oh no!!! Its really cold! In your box of wax and things I sent a jar of those pickles for Rob. I am so nervous now that your going to open an exploded jar of pickles!!! I put it in a ziplock in case it leaked or something but it wasn't this stupid cold when I sent it I never even thought freezing!

be careful opening it!

I am also hoping i can get into my car this morning! It was so covered in salt that I ran through the car wash yesterday and then only drove it about 15 more minutes. I am going to be thoroughly ticked if all the doors are frozen shut!

We shall see...

Anyway you don't have exploded pickles show up at your door and you have a good day today!
Old 01-23-2013, 05:07 AM   #800
Blabbermouth!!!

P.S. it was coconut cream...don't tell anyone
Old 01-23-2013, 07:54 AM   #801
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh my Gosh!! Coconut Cream is mine & my Dads FAVORITE pie ever!! I won't tell anyone...IF it even happened. As a kid, me & Pa used to go to a little diner called "Nation's" in Napa, CA...where I grew up, and each of us get a slice of thier Coconut Pie. They'd slice a WHOLE pie, into 4 pieces!! So you'd get a 1/4 of a pie & they'd LOAD it with whipped cream on top. Heaven on earth. Or diabetes!! Seeing as how he & I are both diabetic...I guess so!! NOT funny!!

That's awful about your broken china peices!! Poor Loty. I'd never thought of having to be concerned about freezing cold effecting such things!! Seems like it's a possibility though, given the low temps & that your goods were packaged so well. What a drag!!
Alright!! Pickled wax!! I'm gonna bet it'll be just fine. Rob's gonna be so excited!! What a fun package to look forward to!! Soooo much FUN!! What a totally thoughful Loty you are!!

So would you have to dump luke warm/cold water over your car doors, in order to be able to open them? We've only ever had ours stick, but with enough Hunk force open. I don't know that we've seen anything lower than 0* since we've lived here & never anything big...like you were suggesting you had the other day of something like -15 with that wind chill. No!! I'm guessing it could get that cold here, but we haven't experienced it, yet.

My legs ache today, from all that standing yesterday...especially in the knees. But, that little P room looks good!! I noticed that the paint smell doesn't linger like other paints we've used before. I am soooo happy about that!!

Cousin Greg was in surgery for over 10 hours on Monday. He was in horrible-nightmarish agony-pain afterwards and on morphine of course, but yesterday he was up (w/help of course) and feeling optimistic that he'd be able to get out of the hospital sooner than the full week that had been anticipated. He's really hating the hospital experience...like most. Sounds like things are moving in the right direction though!! This reminds me...what's the latest on ML's Uncle and your Kennel friends DH?? Last I think I recall, the Uncle was stable & moved to a rehab...and your Kennel friends DH was undergoing LOTS of tests, but results weren't known...and things just didn't seem to be looking good.

The plan for the day...is pretty basic. I'm gonna track down pretty, handle some light choring...and be ready for the Hunk's return from an early day at worky. He'll be home shortly after 11am. We'll either scrounge here for lunches or think about grabbing a bite while we're out & about -field tripping- in town. We're gonna shop out some Yuban (Dark Roast) coffee, like we're hoarders on a binge!! We can pick 'em up for about $6.50 a can, while they're on sale. That's a savings of $3-$4 a can!! YAH!! Then just other random shoppings & stops.

*I've got a hankering for your Cordon Blue goodness!! Might have to shop some of that action out!!

What's Lotyvilles day looking like?!
Old 01-23-2013, 10:10 AM   #802
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Feelin' like a bit of a hungry heffer this morning!! B: LC yogurt...that tastes like a "Push-Up" ice cream, from back in the day...from the ice cream truck , 2 turkey sausage patties and 2 hard boileds, w/mayo & s/p. YUM!!
<---Snorty Oink!!

Been chorin' out & putting the P-room back together...minus the cabinet. I'm so excited about that whole room now!! It's just Great!! Oh yeah, the shower curtain will get to stay. I think it looks good enough in there. More importantly though...it's just that I really like that simple little curtain. It doesn't totally match the earthy swirly greeny/goldy tiles...but, I DON'T CARE!! I had thought that I might wanna run out & replace our bath floor mats, with a color closer to the wall color...and we might...but I'm not totally UN-happy with the lavender ones that we have in there...even though they are verrry unmatchy. Then again...there is a 20% off sale on bath stuff at Fred Meyers going on right now...and we will be over there today. Might have to peek!! Of course that's gonna likely lead to total unhappiness with what we have. I bet that's the sort of thing that the Dave Ramsy fellow would advise against!!

So, I'm off to see if spritzing a bit of lavender water~essential oil, in the new Powder room, while getting ready for the day, has the powers to make one think they're experiencing something of the *Spa* nature. OoOooOoOh...Ahhhhhh.....Spaaaaa....*FANCY*!! See now that's Ramsey style *Spa'ing*, on a budget!!
Old 01-23-2013, 02:46 PM   #803
Blabbermouth!!!

poor cousin Greg! Being in the hospital is such a double edge sword! You get all the help and care you need but on the flip side is all the negative points too! Hope his pain diminishes very quickly! Morphine and me do not mix! Makes me puke Is he expected to make a full recovery???

I guess I haven't updated in a bit....uncle just went home maybe last wed can't remember now, anyway he goes a few times a week to rehab but he can stay home now! While he was in the hosp his wife bought all new furniture and had the whole house painted and carpets cleaned! He was such a terrible smoker it smelled like they lived right in an ashtray Now he is not smoking so she took away all that nasty smell, and bonus...she can finally breathe!

Friends DH is still on the road to recovery. He is VERY limited on what he can eat so its been a real struggle! They eat crap crap crap! She told me that she threw out 5 garbage bags full of junk and snack food last week! This really has been a curse and a blessing all in one! They are all eating differently now so thats great! She is not buying premade foods and just plain junk anymore or he gets terribly sick. He can't handle any red meat besides buffalo, which I find weird but he can't have any fat at all. He had some mac and cheese last week and was sick in pain for 5 days! Oh well, they are all learning together!

Oh the car doors ended up being fine! Phew! I was really worrying about that! I am not sure if pouring more water on would work, it would freeze almost instantly. I was thinking about going out there with a hair dryer! Oh theres the crazy neighbor heating up her car!

Another drag of a day at work, but...no crazy people so thats good! Just lots more number numbers numbers and cross referencing the crud out of things! Highly boring! Not to mention the older I get the longer it takes me to get back at a task. Like if I am going through whatever bills and the phone rings I almost have to start all over again to remember what I was doing instead of just picking right back up at it! I think I have too much uselessness in my head...might be time for a purge of stuff! Wouldn't that be great!!! If you could just sort of delete and make room for new Oh well....home now and already in fleece pants and a sweatshirt and bra is already off! just hunkering down with some chill time and bonding with TOM ...he never gets the hint that he's not welcome here! So we are going to hang out and work a little more on this budget thing!

I think the shower curtain looks good! But if ya were to see one you need.. you better start an envelope fund for it! Put a couple bucks a week in the curtain fund and then go shopping! How did the spray work out....was it very spa-ish? I forget if I told ya that I had bought some oil and stuck it in a bottle too I have been spritzing the rug in the family room with it. I think it smells dog-ish but don't want to get it cleaned just yet. I had it done late summer so going to try to wait until after the spring mud is done!

Heck I don't think you breaky sounded big at all! Sounded super delish!!! I bet that yogurt was good! I did the standard B. puff, only 2 today. Then half a leftover patty melt for lunch and 5 hershey kisses. Don't usually have the carby meal for lunch but ML didn't want that part of a sandwich so I took it. i will just do no carbs for dinner tonight.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:20 PM   #804
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey have you checked out ebay for those canisters for your food savor? just saw a bunch
Old 01-23-2013, 08:42 PM   #805
Blabbermouth!!!

Whoa Nelly! I am ebay looking for a purple dress....look what I found you!!

Old 01-23-2013, 08:52 PM   #806
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lotyville!!

I've been trying to get on here for....a century!! Interruptions!!

You must be so happy to be home, after the week you've had!! Doesn't sound like you wasted any time gettin' your *at home* gear on at all!! No doubt!!
Yeah, I agree, I'd certainly like to delete lots of -mindless/stupid- junk & replace it with just fun & funny stuff.

What flave of essential oil did you pick up? Do you like it? I especially enjoy lavender, bergamont and jasmine...all mixed together. Totally smells like the spa!! Today I used just lavender, and put it into a lightbulb ring, that sits atop a lightbulb and warms/smells.

That's gotta be a tough sitchy for your Kennel friend & her DH. So much in the way of adjustments. Hopefully they'll fall in line with the better choices & before long, feel so much better for it.

That was a wise move on the Uncles wifes part...replacing out all the yucked out smoke infused furniture and having the carpets cleaned & walls painted!! Brilliant move, for her & him!! I'm Glad to hear he's improved so much!!

Cousin Greg's sitchy has taken a turn and he may be heading back into surgery. The drain tubes in his back have became problematic and they're not draining right. And no, Greg isn't looking to become fully restored back to pre-wreck condition...but he is hoping to be in a lot less pain.

Good idea on looking for the special foodsaver lid on ebay!! Wish I'd have thought of that, before I ordered it directly from them!! They did get back to me on the free shipping offer pop up, and told me all I had to do was clear my history of cookies or some sort of thing, in order to see the pop up reveal itself again. I followed their instructions & bam-boom, there it was!! So...pretty soon...I'll be copycatting the clever pinterest girls w/ their mason jarred salads!! I have no intention on involving dressing in my jars like some of them do though. Noooooo, I just would like to have freshy~fresh lettuce for longer.

We've been all over the place & once again...I'm whoopered out!! I did make sure to pick up all the necessary goods to make Loty's Cordon Blue goodness. However...because Hunky does not like white meated chicky...he influenced me into getting thigh meatie, w/the BONE in it. How do suppose that's supposed to work?! We talked this alllll the way thru...and yet he still wanted me to get the boner chicken.

What are you up to tomorrow??
Old 01-23-2013, 08:54 PM   #807
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wowzer, Yes!! That's quite a loud dress isn't it?! That would look Good on you!! I'll be in the background singing *Purple Rain*,,,and maybe pointing & laughing a little bit.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:48 PM   #808
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

<Oh yeah, gripey gripe of the day>
We go into the health food store to check into how things are going with getting the magnesium ordered up. It was supposed to have been done by today. Instead, I get this huge attititude from the owner gal that was the one who was gonna order it & she had NO idea of what I was talking about. I reminded her of our conversation (that had taken place in person)...and that she had said that she'd call me with the info...and that she hadn't. She looks at me and says "Where are you getting this information?" Oh my gosh!! She gets all irritated, as if I just made up a load of bull!! I was just in shock by her behavior...and tried to piece our 1st meeting together for her, with more details. She ends up recalling this first visit, but is at this point acting like she's as aggitated as she might be if I'd just shoved her.
She sees a note she had made, on her message pad, during our 1st visit...that she was to call the manufacturer of the MAG company & find out some info for me...so before I could say anything else she dials up the company & leaves a message there. She gets off the phone, raging...claiming that this was the response she got when she first called them.
At that point I just excused us...and as we're walking out the door she's yelling that she'll call me when she hears something back from them.
She's since left a message on our machine....but I'm done now. I'm gonna order from a mail order company...with hopefully less crazy and drama. What the heck?! What was that?! Maybe a little slice of dementia?!
I guess at least one of us has to have an odd ball sitchy a day or something!!
Old 01-24-2013, 06:43 AM   #809
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning!

Now thrilled about it though! Day off, no school, should be sleeping in! Instead I had to get up early. Its an outright crime in these parts! Oh well! We have Ava's BFF over for the day because of the no school thing and her older brother who usually watches her is gone all day. She used to be one of my day care kids and we really just love her so its ok I had to give up sleeping in I guess!

Oh dear! Hope to hear better news today on the outcome of the second surgery! Did you hear anything yet?

Boner chicken Oh funny stuff! How did it turn out? I guess if you never did it the other way then it turned out just how it was supposed to! Wonder why he hates white chicken? Well unless hes had it dried out and can't get over the trauma! I am going to have to go see what these salads are about Do you have a pinterest board or just look at stuff? I will follow you if you have one.

You know I plum forgot what flavor oil I bought, it was something tropically smelling. Well anyway it works just great for freshening up the rugs! I just spritz that and I lift the cushions on the couch and spritz under there too

um...no....the dress is for you! Can you even imagine seeing someone sport that?

WHAT is that ladies problem??????? My gosh! So frustrating! So I forget stuff too...it happens. BUT .....you went in more that once and I would never forget a whole conversation after the person was telling me all about it! Yup take your business elsewhere! on having the biggest weirdo of the day yesterday!!!! Hope we can take a break from weird for a day!
Old 01-24-2013, 06:45 AM   #810
Blabbermouth!!!

had to adjust last post for over~smiley~limit

Ha! Didn't even realize it had been getting out of control until I saw the post!

whatever did people do before emoticons?????
Closed Thread