Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2013, 09:10 PM   #751
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
WOE: mostly raw, plant based
Start Date: 9-1-14
Wow we are having a huge rainstorm come through right now!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2013, 09:44 PM   #752
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
Start Date: 9/20/2001
Yikerzz on the Whopper rainstorm action you're having!! Were you guys expecting it or is it a surprise?!

It sounds like you had a really nice nap. That is so Good!!

Yeah, an online order for vites is certainly on the radar, if these folks can't pull their act together. Geesh!! It's like this is their 1st time around the block or something!!
My rainman abilities are not so strong from the couch...so I'll get back to you on the vite brands that you might consider.

What's up with the kiddos having those days off schoolage this week?

Got all the preppin' done that I wanted to do this eve. Tomorrow is lookin' real good for painting!!

<---Sure would like to get up close & personal with a loaded Sundae.

Friday, Dec. 5th , 2014 = 182.5

Friday, Dec. 12th , 2014 =
Old 01-19-2013, 10:06 PM   #753
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ewww, I need to go pray off some worries that are tryin' to drop in on me tonight. My cousin Greg is going in for surgery on Monday morning to try to overhaul his very botched up back. It's a complicated-delicate surgery, made much worse by an enlarged heart and blockages in his leg veins. The docs are very concerned...as well as my Aunt & Uncle of course. I guess that's the toughest part, knowing that the family is feeling so heavy hearted, ya know?
This being human stuff is totally not for wimps, that's forsure!!

Alright...I'm gonna go find that bed of mine & show it who's boss!!
See you tomorrow!!
Old 01-19-2013, 10:15 PM   #754
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh no...that doesn't sound great does it!? Is this the same cousin that was in the wreck not long ago? Do they love close so that you can go and wait with them or are they back in Cali? How far are you from your Dad? Do you see him much?

Hope you can get some sleep tonight and not stay up worrying
Old 01-19-2013, 10:20 PM   #755
Blabbermouth!!!

The show i was had recorded and was watching is done and it went to live tv. You are not going to believe what is on! Nat Geo has this old Vet named Dr. Pol, he is actually from Michigan, he has no shirt on and is literally up to his shoulders with both arms in a cow trying to deliver a breach calf He tied a chain around the calf and 2 other guys are pulling on that! Holy smokes...bizzaro! I am going to have nightmares over this one!
Old 01-20-2013, 06:50 AM   #756
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey, I've got an idea that I'm just about to get excited over!! I'd like your thoughts on it.
These paint crystals look fun!! I have a batch of glow in the dark, tiny flaked glitters that have a white'ish base color to them. How cool would that be to dump into the M. bath paint?! Glow in the dark glitter walls?!?!?
My ONLY concern is what happens when some where down the line I decide I need to repaint? Then it would be a fat nightmare because of the glitter texture!! Kinda like my stupid sitchy with the glitter pigs...but on a monumental scale of EPIC proportions, right?? Maybe it would be something to consider on just the mirrored wall in the bathroom, if at all.
I don't know if I feel like getting excited about this anymore.

So I've been up since 3 something...trying to figure out where I can PICK UP a "Wide Mouth Lid Sealer" attachment for the Foodsaver...so that I can use the wide mouthed mason jars and stuff 'em with salads, just like the crafty Pinterst folk do, and seal 'em up. Turns out NONE of the stores around here carry them & I'd have to order it. The item costs $9.99. Shipping is $8.99. NO!! When I first logged onto their site, I thought I saw a little pop up box offering free shipping, for 1st time orderers...but now I can't seem to locate that offer. I've got an email into them, and they've sent out a pre-generated note, letting me know they can't wait to help me...within the next couple days. I may see if I can get in on a *site to store* sorta sitchy with maybe BBBeyond, in hopes of avoiding that shipping cost.

Your breech calf show is gonna have ripple nightmare effects if you keep sharing it!! HORRIBLE!!

Yes cousin Greg is the same cousin that was hit-n-ran over by some coward that didn't even stop to see if he was dead or alive. And this surgery is due to that accident.
We don't live near him. He's down in California...in a town called Vacaville. It's about an hour & a half from where we used to live down there. His Dad, my Uncle, has left his home in Montana to go stay with Greg thru the surgery and for a couple months beyond that. This side of my fam is from CT's side.

My Dad lives about 5+ hours from us...more nearer the Coast, where we lived up until nearly 2 years ago. So no...we don't see him often. He & his wife came out once, last year to see where we'd landed & visit for a couple days. He hates the area we live in!! So I don't know that they'll come back!! I guess it would be up to us to make the treck out to see them now.
He & I are super dooper close...like bff's. We used to do all kinds of fun stuff together. Mostly classsic car related stuff...car shows, parades with our cars/trucks, poker runs/picnics. Some of our fave times were during our stock car racing days. He was my one man pit crew for quite a few years. Then Rob's work schedule (as an accountant at the time, for a ritzy resort), switched up & allowed him weekends off. So, he was able to join in on the fun reindeer games & race too, annnnnd work on the cars.

So I guess churchin' it up is gonna be the 1st to-do today. Then back home to nap....I mean PAINT!!
I've also gotta make sure to get the Hunks work clothes washed up!! MUST remember!!

What's on the Lotyville plan for the day?!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg paint_glitter.jpg (87.8 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 01-20-2013 at 06:52 AM..
Old 01-20-2013, 08:19 AM   #757
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning!

So first up, ML says NO to the glitter add in! Says everyone comes in with problems with them. But then he ran off and didn't give me any specifics. Oh and I got in trouble thanks a lot! Apparently Valspar is the competitors brand!

However I think maybe you could use them to paint some frames or maybe even this...
http://southernhospitalityblog.com/f...oring-mirrors/

I noticed you had this type of mirror, I did this to my SIL bathroom mirror last year and its beautiful! I didn't use those blocks in the corners I mitered them but the blocks would be waaaayyyyy easier and looks pretty! You could add sparkle glow to that

Just a thought...

I love your stories...you have done lots of fun stuff! Stock car racing with your Dad sounds super fun! We like to go watch when the fair comes but thats the extent of our racing

GROCERIES are a top priority for the morning! We have nothing! So menu planning now and then off to shop!

Check back with ya later!

Sep 1~223, Oct 1~210, Nov 1~207
Old 01-20-2013, 08:56 AM   #758
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow!! What a Great idea to frame the mirror!! I think that's a full on winner!! It gives the space a much more *finished* FANCY look!! I really love their dark colors for the accents!! POP!! Mine wouldn't be so dramtic. None the less, I think that's a real sharp way to add some flave to that space!! So, ok...we'll shut down the glitter the whole dang room project. Fun thought/Bad idea. Seems I came pretty darn close to gettin' the "Flip Switched" on my tail from ML over this!! Thanx for intercepting!!

I'm MIGHTY proud of you for Mitering!! That's very Tim the Tool Man Taylor'ish of you!! Way to go!! That's an outstanding way to bless a SIL!! She must have been so thrilled!! I'd imagine she still thinks so fondly of what you did for her when she sees her pretty framed mirror.

So, over the course of the morning, for B: I've had a B. Puff & medium loaded cheffy style salad.

I feel TOM lurking...up in my head. I'm having major tendencies towards rediculous crankyness and irritation this morning. I was fixin' to come unraveled in a rage...cause I *thought* I sensed -someone- may have found me irritating. WHAT?!?! Oh the nerve!!
I'm just gonna go be quiet & stow-away in the *gettin' ready* room. Oh yeah, new shampoo!!

Ketchup soon!!
Old 01-20-2013, 09:06 AM   #759
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I think I should add, it is indeed possible that my -someone- is feeling a little *Sensitive Sally'ish* today, cause it is their last day of vay-cay, they know they have a bit of painting in their near future, and an oil change for the Explorer, and I think all they wanna do is keep on keeping on with playing trains & watchin' their loud blow up movies all day. It's hard being big boy sometimes!!
Old 01-20-2013, 09:29 AM   #760
Blabbermouth!!!

So funny thing I was just coming on here to tell you that Loty is in full on crank mode again! Flippin TOM! I don't usually get this bad, only every 3rd or 4th one, so 3-4 time a year. But holy smokes..ML just grabbed me before he left and put me in a choke hold and shhh's me patting my head saying its ok...its ok... He said they are all scared ....that explains why the kids are hiding in their rooms! I haven;t even said anything to anyone but I must be giving off a pretty wicked vibe! I did have melt down in the garage...maybe they heard me bit*hing in there. The beer cans from NYE are STILL there in a bag to get recycled! Unacceptable! I didn't drink them and the person that did was told several time to take care of it....they are in the recycling bin here at the house now. They *may* have been whipped in there whatev

so not cool that we are both cranky but at least I am not alone in my crankiness!

SIL's husband... you know the DB? Is cheap cheap cheap and NOT handy. They needed their bath re-vamped and long story short almost got divorced after 3 mo of marriage over this bathroom. He is so cheap! She wanted something new so I suggested wainscoting for the lower half and that mirror. (I had recently done my dining room similarly and she loved it) anyway she finally got her way, I did the whole thing with one stipulation, he was not to be there while I was. We did all white and then she picked a dark chocolate brown for the walls. I hung the frame up with liquid nails and taped it till it dried. Then ran a bead of white paintable caulk around the inside edges between the trim and mirror, looks great! relatively easy too!

OK off to do some more freak out cleaning...I am bleaching the crap out of the place!

you know if you and the hunk decide to hold off on the project till your in more compatible moods I fully support that!

Last edited by lotus33; 01-20-2013 at 09:30 AM..
Old 01-20-2013, 09:35 AM   #761
Blabbermouth!!!

Uhg...you know that storm we had last night? Well of coarse it froze and then snowed. My yard is a sheet of ice. The patio is ever so slightly sloped and when I went out there to tie up Jack (he needs to be tied up cause he sneaks out through the gate) I couldn't stop myself from sliding out towards the yard! Probably mildly entertaining if one was not grumpy!

Oooh on a fun note....i *think* one of your presents is coming tomorrow! The other should be wednesday-ish and the last one is still getting embellished, as soon as I see it was sent I will let ya know
Old 01-20-2013, 04:06 PM   #762
Blabbermouth!!!

Well you must have decided to paint! I did lots today but painting was not one of them! Which is also adding to my mood I am just want to paint that dang kitchen! ML and I are going to have to revisit this subject...until I win

got my groceries. called SO and straightened that mes out, she/mom/bil are all going to stay with MIL. And MIL is going to stay here. Thats a little better. She will just sleep and go and not hang out here bugging me all day!

Trying a new recipe for dinner, will have to let ya know how it is.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:24 PM   #763
Blabbermouth!!!

Eh...dinner was good not great. It was chicken cordon bleu casserole.

So do you watch the biggest loser? I have not watched it in a few seasons, the kids just turned it on. I think I will start watching again, maybe get some motivation or pick up some tips. I think Its only about the 3rd show of the season so hoping to not have missed much.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:37 PM   #764
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Painting has NOT occurred over here *yet*, either. However the caulking that was a necessary 1st step, around the shower...has & is quietly setting there drying. The coffees are being sippered...so there's still some hope. I'm thinking that if I trucked in there & started busting away...I'd likely have a helper come along pretty quickly.
Big thumbs up on more future attmepts to work over ML on the kitchy subject. Total agreement on that!!

Yeah, having MIL over in lieu of THREE others is a fine trade off. 1/3'ed of the hosting factor is whole lot better & if she follows thru with the sleep & bail plan...I'd call that that a win!!

Yes, spill it...what were the eats for D?
Old 01-20-2013, 05:48 PM   #765
Blabbermouth!!!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...fle-maker.html

Have you been informed of this yet? I just learned of it. I usually don't look at LC substitutes because they are hard or have really weird ingredients but this doesn't look half bad!

Chicken Cordon Bleu

~I layered as many frozen chicken tenders as I could get in a 9x13 pan prob 2lbs worth
~chopped up into bite size bits about 1/2 lb of ham slices. Not lunch meat they are about as thick as canadian bacon, which would prob work as well. and sprinkled on top of chick
~layer topped that with 6 slices swiss cheese
~mixed 2 cans cream of chick soup with 8 oz cream cheese (could do away with one can of soup, there was a lot of sauce) add a little garlic powder and spread out on top of cheese

Bake 350 for about 45 min.

Its an adapted pinterst recipe, not a fan of cream of chick soup is wht the problem was for me.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:49 PM   #766
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

MmmmMmmm...Chicky cordon bee is a fave of mine!! Even if it was only mediocre...I'd be all over that!!
I had a yesterdays repeat of steakie and spinach/arugula w/mayo. I'm totally tired of the arugula now. In 2 days I worked thru the bag I had. That sounds impressive...but it was only 5oz fresh. Almost 5oz too much!!

Oh, poor you...Ice Skaing outside, with Jack. What a visual!! Mostly I can just totally fathom the full on irritation with the whole matter...and the adding it did to the crabby. Enough to chap 'yer hide!!

Well now wouldn't that just go & figure that the postal service wants to take tomorrow off & keep my goodies held up in, while I pine for them!! Talk about a boat load of SALT!! Embellishments?!?! I don't even know what the heck to make of that?!?!
Old 01-20-2013, 06:00 PM   #767
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

SOOOOO Funny that you got the choke hold this morning & terrified the whole household...without even uttering a direct word in their direction!! That's heavy duty skillz!!

WOW, that waffle recipe is outta sight!! So many Great ideas!! When is this gonna go down in the Loty household?! YUMM!!

I really like the looks of that chicky recipe!! I'm gonna have to try that out!!
Old 01-20-2013, 06:02 PM   #768
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm so dumb...why are they not working tomorrow? Well Tues then

Oh also pulled out 2 more dozen B puffs. This time I added all 5 oz of the hot sauce.

4 packs cream cheese
6 med size eggs (added more since they were little)
1 cup shredded cheddar
5 oz hot sauce
8 shredded chick tenders

They seemed to puff and hold shape fine so they are super in the morning!
Old 01-20-2013, 06:05 PM   #769
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlKickinIt View Post
SOOOOO Funny that you got the choke hold this morning & terrified the whole household...without even uttering a direct word in their direction!! That's heavy duty skillz!!

WOW, that waffle recipe is outta sight!! So many Great ideas!! When is this gonna go down in the Loty household?! YUMM!!

I really like the looks of that chicky recipe!! I'm gonna have to try that out!!
I know! I am super amazing!

I will be the guinea pig this week on those...oh wait! I don't know where to get almond flour will leave out the sweetener too. Did you see that yummy looking sammy that speck333 posted? Thinking BLT wafflewiches
Old 01-20-2013, 06:05 PM   #770
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So that WHOLE entire time that you thought I might have been painting away...was actually spent back out on the deck...on that foam piece...napping, with the children, in the sunshine.

I just remembered that I forgot to pick up HWC earlier!! We can't have that. That means an impromptu market run, right now!!
WhateVV...it's gotta be done, or the quality of life is gonna dive right into the comode...in a hurry!!

Back soon!!
Old 01-20-2013, 06:08 PM   #771
Blabbermouth!!!

Holy crap!!! Hurry!

Bye!
Old 01-20-2013, 06:16 PM   #772
Blabbermouth!!!

Ok, I know I am cranky but is this women annoying? She says almond really weird!

ALMOND FLOUR AT HOME - YouTube" target="_blank">HOW TO MAKE ALMOND FLOUR AT HOME - YouTube

Uhg...I am going to bed soon! One swipe through the kit and then nighty night Loty!
Old 01-20-2013, 08:18 PM   #773
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Runnin' thru real quick!! Can't take any credit for it, much less any Thunder...but the M. bath is nearly DONE!!

Back on the real quick!!
Old 01-20-2013, 08:59 PM   #774
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yippee!! It's well on it's way!! The Hunkola took care of all the trimming & a bit more. So all I need to do tomorrow is roll it out...let it dry & reassemble the tore up powder room. I am so Greatful that he went at it this eve.!!

Got the HWC & a handful of other items inspired by my B. Puff compadre. I'm gonna make a double batch too!! BUT, the market didn't offer any of the silver muffin tins!! So, I may try to use my silicone heart muffys.

Got the last of the laundries handled.

Gotta go read back thru your notes here. I think I saw that you were going to go crash out!! Gooooood idea!! You need to get your rests & sleeps!!

*I KNOW TOM is bust me up tonight.

See ya on the tomorrow!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg M bath trimmed.jpg (28.9 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 01-20-2013 at 09:04 PM..
Old 01-20-2013, 09:34 PM   #775
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, I'd be really curious as to what you come up with for locating your Almond meal!! When we lived out on the Coast, we were picking up freshly ground Almond Meal from the health food store (only one in town)...16oz for $3.95.
Now at this health store, that I've been -trying- to get the Magnesium from, they're charging $11.95 for 16oz...and it's something they're having to send off for. I just won't pay that much!! NO!!
The quality & value that we were getting on the Coast was outstanding & I've thought of seeing if they'd ship to me. Because we haven't had the same kinda access to the Almond meal that we used to, we've cut out essentially all of our splenda & stevia intake. I used to make us tons of goodies!! So...I just haven't been in a rush to do much about seeking it out.
I've looked for it at alllllll of the stores around here. Nobody offers it, except that ONE health store.
I hope you have an easier time of tracking some down & that it turns out to be offered at a fair price. I KNOW you'd turn out some good yummies with it!!

The *Wafflewiches* name is Cute!! Sounds like Wafflewishes...which I can see having now.

Tomorrow is Martin Luther King Jr. day. That's why the post gal is hoarding.

What are the Littles home from school for at the end of the week? Do you guys have any fun plans?!
Old 01-21-2013, 06:13 AM   #776
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning Lotage!!

Happy Monday!! I'd imagine that you're relieved to have the Loty household in order before heading out to the work front this morning!!
Did you get to enjoy your B. Puff goodness for Breakie?! AND some vites too?! Remember it is Water & Vite day today!!
Do the Littles get to have any Buffalo goodies...or are those JUST for Loty??

Yes I LOVE Biggest Loser!! After you'd mentioned it last night, I found it on the telly. I'm not sure what episode we caught...but it was one of their newer ones, with the little kids. Last season I was catching them on the internet, a day after they aired. So funny that I won't usually dominate the tv with a program that would be less than thrilling for the Dude, while he's home...but he couldn't find anything he wanted to pay any attention to...so handed over the power. I saw that BL was on & was stoked!! I figured he could endure for a little hour long program. Turns out, he became fully invested in it, and when he'd miss what was said...he wanted to know if I'd caught it. He was both stoked & saddend by the weigh ins...cheering for the ones who'd seen great losses & bummed out for those who were struggling. I just found that really funny.

So just as anticipated...Tom insisted we begin going steady last night. So we are.

I have a big list of to-do's & I mean to do them!!

How's your day looking?!

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 01-21-2013 at 06:18 AM..
Old 01-21-2013, 09:28 AM   #777
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So I've been haulin' around here doing stuff all morning...but then I go to see what kinda credit I can take for it all & check the stuff off my to do list...and I find I only have knocked a couple things off from there.
That happens all the time!! I make a list of *PRIORITIES*!! AND then get side tracked on other junk that seems to need my attention. Ahhh well, it obviously all need to be handled...so whatever.
I've washed up our bedding, unloaded & reloaded the dishwasher, emptied out our kitchy junk drawer & turned it into our vite drawer. NOMORE junk drawer!! Let's see how that works for everyone!!

B was LC yogurt w/flax & mix of cream cheese & natural peanut butter.
*A note on my peanut butter. It's not my fave. It's Adams Crunchy Natural...that has to be stirred, and does not included even a hint, nor smidge of sweet. It was the only peanut butter on the shelf that didn't include cane sugar or palm oil, or molasses. I realllly wanted to run outta there with the cane sugar jar!!

I've popped the previously made & froze, *Salisbury Steakage* from our last little co-ed cookathon, into the oven...and will add itty bitty salads for sides, for lunches. YUM!! You come up with Great recipes for us!!
Old 01-21-2013, 10:47 AM   #778
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dusted, vac'ed, purged a gozillian reciepts, ran a load of kiddys laundry and organized some oddz & endz.
I popped some lime chicken wings into the oven, so as to maximize the baking heat...while baking the Salisbury. I thought it would be a good idea to go ahead & pull the foil off the Salz...and that's when I realized...I had forgotten that when I wrapped that goodie up for freezing, I'd covered it w/a layer of foil, a layer of PLASTIC WRAP, and another layer of foil. I'd totally forgotten about that plastic wrap layer. I just now pulled all that off. Seems that there's no harm, no foul.

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 01-21-2013 at 10:48 AM..
Old 01-21-2013, 02:27 PM   #779
Blabbermouth!!!

HI!

just a quickie! I have class tonight and have to get some homework done ....procrastinator here!

Just wanted to say how great the bathroom is looking!!!!
Old 01-21-2013, 05:50 PM   #780
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh man, I totally forgot that it was class night!! I'm still inclined to think that class happens on Tue. It could take me a bit with that. Well I hope it goes by quickly for you guys. Is your homework load a heavy one?

Yes, Thanky...I'm really pleased with the sunshiny color it's turning out to be!! There's been no further progress made in that room. Maybe tomorrow.
I've had my busy thoroughly ON, in the rest of the house...all day. I've still gotta put the bedding back together, but otherwise, choring is likely done for the day!!
Closed Thread