Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 08:07 PM   #691
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
WOE: Atkins-Bernstien-High FAT
Start Date: 9/20/2001
Wow!! GO Loty-GO!! You've been all kinds of busy today!!
I'm ok that I missed out on the singing Loty tunes!! You know I don't like musicals!!
However...iffin's you ever decide that you wanna make a video of the wii dancing that's going down...I'd gladly accept that form of entertainment!!

No dice on the cooked beets, eh? It sounds like you did all a person could do, in hopes to win over the palettes...with the glaze & all. Did you try it?
When we broil steaks up...we broil on one side for 7-8 minutes, and the other side for 7'ish minutes. Often times we'll pop open the oven door, during those last minutes, and kinda keep an eye on things...YUM!!
*One of our fave marinades for beef is to mix together some Garlic Steak seasoning, tiny bit of liquid smoke, kosier salt, worcestershire sauce and beer. We usually will use a gallon sized ziplock, and dump all the goods in there & let it soak for a day or two.

So I don't know...today seems like a fast blurr. We churched it out this morning. I was cranky before it , but ((mostly)) reconditioned afterwards . We popped into a burger joint for a quick bite. I had a bunless spicy chicken thing w/loads of pickles...Rob grabbed a burger & ditched 1/2 the buns. Then we were off & runnin'...shoppin' for nearly the rest of the afternoon. We picked up another humidifier. This morning our monitor registered at only 20% humidity in the house. I *felt* chapped. It was only like 5* or less overnight & our heater seemed to be running all thru the night...so there went any chance of keeping a good humidity level. We're seeing how we like this model of machine. If it seems to be fantastic...we'll get another one for our bedroom as well.

The other day, here on the board, someone posted a recipe using Chicken breasts, Swiss cheese, Sauerkraut & a homemade 1000 Island dressing. I copied it for dinners tonight & threw a side of steamed Spinach w/mayo along side it. GOOOOOOOD!!

I haven't gotten a darned thing done in the master powder...in the way of prepping it, other than the small amount of wall washing from yesterday. Maybe tomorrow!!

We might go work out with the oldies in the morning!! That's our tentative plan!!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2013, 09:34 AM   #692
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
Stats: 220/214/130
WOE: smash up of a few
Start Date: 3-17-14
IT IS NOT A MUSICAL!! It was a concert! Completely different!

Well steak is on the menu again on Sunday so I will have to try the marinade and broil closer to the heat so I don't have boiled tough steak again!
Oooh *I* would like that chicken! ML would have another fit! There actually is not too much he won't eat but sauerkraut is def on the list! I always see a yummy corned beef dip that I want to try too but ...nope not happening!

The boss lady went home sick Hope she left in time as to not share her sickies with me! I lysol-ed the heck out of everything just for safety precautions!

Can't wait to see how the sweating with the oldies went this am!!! Did Rob go or CT??? Somehow picturing the Hunk in a class surrounded by oldies is giving me the giggles!
Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction
Ends up being the biggest step of your life.
Tip toe if you must,
but take the step.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:44 PM   #693
Blabbermouth!!!

going to go make dinner and then head off to school oh wait I mean

I am having leftover broiled burgers because the kids have requested beanies and weinies, that's definately not on my plan ...bummer!
Old 01-14-2013, 07:26 PM   #694
Blabbermouth!!!

Ok..so a beanie or a weanie might have gotten onto my plate...so???

LOL Still stayed in my 1/3-1/3-1/3 plan though so its all good!

Onto more serious matters.....

cabbage soup + bean = toxic

In the words of my dear friend Ricky Bobby....Sweet Baby Jesus...help me!!!
Old 01-14-2013, 07:37 PM   #695
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Class?! You have class on Monday nights too?! Oh my goodness!! I don't know where you come up with all the energy!!
Your dinn sounds good to me!! Well so do the Little's dinnz!!

Oh boy...I hope you don't get sick from boss ladys germs!! Maybe it would be a good time to throw down a few extra C's & Zinc's, with all your waters you're chuggin'!!

Yes, both Rob & CT went to the Cougar class with me this morning. As soon as CT saw the instructor bust out with the exercise stepper...she bailed...and went to the treadmill. She's scared of doing step up type exercises, as her ankles tweak out easily. I'd suggested to her that she could do the same moves without using the stepper thing...but I guess she just wasn't feelin' it.
The Hunk was the only *boy* in the class. There were a lot of women there today!! Probably 25'ish. The youngest gal in there was probably the Instructor, who looked to be early 50's. So, in other words...we're in good company!! I think we -JUST- kept up. Tomorrow we're all gonna consider trying the Zumba Gold. The oldies assured us that we'd be able to keep up & that it would be all kinds of fun!!

After our C. class...Rob & I headed to Bend & shopped ourselves silly for the rest of the day.
We brought another humidifier home. This latest & greatest is a fancy~shmancy one, with pretty blue glowy lights. It's supposed to humidify up to 1,000 sqft. We'll see.

So what's goin' on over in Lotyville?!
Old 01-14-2013, 07:44 PM   #696
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Excellent job staying on your plannage!! Even if the stinkies come of this...and apparently they have!!

Ricky Bobby!!
Old 01-15-2013, 06:20 AM   #697
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning sunshine!

The boss lady is still sick so I am at work today. Oh and the stinkies have *passed* Thank goodness!

That was exactly what I was picturing for C-Class!!! A bunch of oldies, then , you, then one lone Hunk in the midst of all this! Good for him for going!!! Oh how I wish I could be a fly on the wall today for the Zumba!!!

Oh I only have class on Mondays. It was ok, poor ML had gotten up at 3:30 and worked right up until class time and just met me there. He was doing all he could do to stay awake
Old 01-15-2013, 11:06 AM   #698
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning CUPCAKE!!

Ahhh man...so you've got the workies today?! Does that mean that if Boss lady is feeling better towards the end of the week, you might have Thurs or Friday off?

It sounds like your ML needs a nappy!! Hey, iffin's you did get to have Thursday off...then you both would have the same day off & you could have cuddle~naps!! How about that?! Maybe just go ahead & let Boss lady know that I've got this figured out...and we really need her to do her part & be there on Thurs. That would be Great!!
See, always got yer back!!

You should have seen the riot that went down in C. class this morning!! There were probably 20 women folk there...all at or above 60 something yr.'s old & so excited to have the Hunk in their class. ((SWOON)) The whole entire time was spent doing different fast paced, salsa type jiggy dancing. They played the *Play that Funky Music White Boy* song... So funny!!
Also some gangstery music and we did some hip~hoppage to that. Rob & I were crackin' up the whole time!! The Cougs were totally thuggin' in there & hip swirvin'...and all we were doin' was makin' them look dang good at what they were doin'!!

The Hunk made us loaded omelet scrams, w/canadian bacon, jalapenos, and a TON of cheese.

I sent the dude off to the market...and now I'm about to dive into some quick choring...while I -only- have the chillin's underfoot.

Then, I need to start thinking about my painting project!!

What are you up to?!
Old 01-15-2013, 01:45 PM   #699
Blabbermouth!!!

Well I am on standby for tomorrow working. She was feeling a little better but I may have to go in. Well whatever day I am home I WILL paint!!! Sorry we didn't get a painting party today! Did you work on it at all?

Oh I can just imagine those oldies are just eating him up!! LOL If he is like ML at all he is just not enjoying all the attention one bit is he?! Oh my.....and the visual of the gyrating ....LOLOLOL

Well home now, going to start dinner. I am going to try those philly cheese steak stuffed peppers. I cheated though and just bought some roast beef lunch meat at the butcher

SIL is coming over tonight. She is having a pity party! LOL She is very close with the brother that is getting married and not supportive of the upcoming nuptials. She is a little on the jealous side of the whole situation. Its funny in a way. She is complaining about the silliest things! Today I had to hear about all day how they didn't register for the right gifts on their registry! WHat????! Anyway, she is also going through a little slump in her marriage....the whole thing has just lost its *sparkle* Oy! So I asked her to come over for some hanging with the Loty's time. Having dinner and then wii party dancing! Will try to talk to her but with the kids being up probably won't happen.

Last edited by lotus33; 01-15-2013 at 01:46 PM..
Old 01-15-2013, 03:19 PM   #700
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

<---- HOPPIN' MAD!! I've been working on trying to give a company I *HAD* liked doing bizz with, an opportunity to do the right thing, and easily retain my bizz. But Nooooooooooo, Noooooooooo, Nooooooooooo they've gotta be little blankety blank blank shnitts!! So, now I've finished tellin' 'em to shove their shotty-shnitty product & stupid-pathetic-ill equiped substandard customer service. MAAAAADDDDD!!

Rob's fetching me the 4ft ladder from CT's & then I'm heading into the M. Powder to throw paint at the ceiling.

I would like 2 whole beefy stuffed peppers, please!! *Notice that the request is for -whole- peppers...not halves.

I hope you wii players have all kinds of wii~fun!!
Old 01-15-2013, 04:07 PM   #701
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So, I've been preppin' the M. Powder room. The last thing to do was to pull the vent framing of the sun lamp/exhaust fan down-off. Clearly the previous owner folk had never had that down-off. The dust accumulation could have mimicked a small, overgrown, angry & bitter sheep. So that required the hand held sucker attachment, and then the brush sucker. Up & down, up & down. Gettin' my fitness on!!
I'm headin' back in there to do the trimming of the ceiling.

Gonna start some coffees before hand...so I have something to live for, when I get thru with that little stretch of painting.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:59 PM   #702
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ceiling trim done!!
Sipperin' down some coffee's & watching Americas Funniest Home vids. Funny!! I needed this break!!
Supposedly...in order to do the right thing by my project & meet my quota for the day, I'd have to go back in there in just a bit & roll out the rest of the ceiling. POUTING!!

How are the fun & games going at your place?!
Old 01-15-2013, 06:59 PM   #703
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm so proud of you!!! Look at you getting your paint on!!!
hows it looking?
wii party was fine, she just left. I think she is feeling better Oh and...peppers were yum! Unfortunately we at them all before I got your note sorry

wowza wowza....my goodness what the heck did those folks do?!?! Had to flip the switch today huh????
Old 01-15-2013, 08:18 PM   #704
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

<---Bowing & Smiling...cuzz of all the standing ovations & loud applause!!
I did it!! I painted the whole dang ceiling!! It looks good...really clean. I'm not sure if I'm gonna have to hit it a second time or not. I'll have a better idea on that tomorrow...once it's fully dried. What a neck breaking job that was!!
The Hunk offered to trim the walls with the colored paint. I might just have to consider that an offer I'd be lame to refuse!! Yes, even at the cost of some of my highly coveted *Thunder*!! He's MUCH better at achieving a nice crisp line...than I am.

I tried to *Flip the Switch* today...but I just got straight up shut down!! I've got one more snarky little note out to this company, that I'm waiting on a reply from...and then I suppose I have to let it go.
This is a company I order makeup from. They totally misrepresented a product that I ordered, based on their claims...and now won't make things right. I had asked them very specific questions, prior to placing my order & they fed me a bunch of LOG!!

Yippee that y'all had a good visit, and that SIL is maybe feeling better. See, sometimes folks just need a little Loty~Time. I understand, completely!!
<---Might be grudging a little that everyone ejoyed all my beefy peppers though!! My D: turned out to be about a half cup of marinated artichoke hearts and a string cheese. Random!!

So I guess the plan is to go take in another Coug~Class tomorrow. We'll be doing Kickboxing in this one.

So will Bossy phone you early in the morning...or how does that work?
Old 01-15-2013, 08:27 PM   #705
Blabbermouth!!!

Wow 3 days in a row!!!! AND painting!!!!

Your gonna need a vacation from his vacation!!!

Yes! Ceilings stink! I have a messed up neck and lower back so they are pretty off the list of to do's for me. I used to try and tough it out but now I just make ML do them! You get TONS of thunder for that!!!!

that was a highly random dinner! Are you finding with all your activities your hungry???

The boss lady will just text me in the am. I can't imagine she would call in again though! She never calls in!

not cool on the make up!!!!Thats a total bummer!!!!!!

Ok, our movie is done now...heading off to read a bit... then sleep. Did I tell you I am reading Peter Pan after the little pan episode?? How was your liar liar pants on fire book????
Old 01-15-2013, 08:59 PM   #706
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, this *vacation* does already feel like some sort of marathon action!! Mostly cause there's still all of my regular stuff I'm trying to keep up with, around the house, plus incorporating all of these random galavants/field trips, fun painting projects & coug classing too!! Whoa!!

That's Awesome that you can turn ML loose on parts of your painting projects!! I think that's a fair trade...one does the ceiling and the other does the walls. Plus you save your neck & back!! Yah!!
What has your neck & back all busted up?

No, I'm not noticing any extra hungers, associated with my extra Bam-Boom of activities. BUT, that could be because I just started popping some PGX, this morning. I meant to tell you about it. It's a supplement that helps to keep ya fuller longer, and could help keep the BS lower as well as Cholesterol. Those last two are really only the case because of the lowered intake of eats though. Have you heard of it?

Yeah, you told me you were spending time w/ Peter, so as to cool you smut jets. Is it working?!
You know I haven't even cracked open my liar book since I picked it up. I'll likely have to renew it at least once before I get around to lookin' at it. I spend most of my reading time in diabetes/health research. I'm always trying to figure out how to better manage this junk. Liars have to take a back seat to that!!

I hope you don't get any bossy texts in the morning!!

I'm gonna go make my way to sleeps. I'm totally bushed!! <---I think that's an old Coug'ish saying. I don't hear youngin's ever saying that.
Back in my day!! See ya on the tomorrow!!
Old 01-16-2013, 08:14 AM   #707
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning Lotyville!!

Well, what's the verdict?! Do you get to stay home today?!

So I guess we're all taking a snow day from our Couging today. I wolk up kinda late...& just don't feel like gettin' my hustle on...to then go get some more hustle on. I'm feeling more inclined to lounge, drink coffees, plan my to-dooz & paint. I didn't run into any opposition here in this household...however...there was a bit of whining from CT about it. She may improvise with taking the kids for a walk after a bit.

What's the happs over in Never~Never Land?!
Old 01-16-2013, 08:58 AM   #708
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh boy I have just seen the funniest thing! I did not have to go in! However I do have to go thur and fri so its going to just be a cleaning day. Anyway to the funny....ML forgot to take the trash out last night and then I didn't even notice this am. after I took kids to school I went back to sleep for a bit, got up and ML was leaving for work and all the sudden panics WE FORGOT THE TRASH! LOL they are ALWAYS here by 8:30 and this was 11:30! They still hadn't come....weird! So he is scrambling and I am running to grab the bathroom trashs. Anyhoo...I threw the little trash bags in the garage for him to throw out and then I put his lunch in a grocery sack and put it on the table and left the room, of coarse he grabs it and throws it out! I came back and am like wheres your lunch. Panic. So I am sitting watching my husband dig through the trash cans to save his lunch! I sure hope the neighbors didn't realize what he was doing!

This wouldn't have happened if I didn't have to pack his lunch in a grocery sack! I can't trust him to bring back a lunch box though!

Anyway...its a cleaning day today since its my only day off now. SORRY!!!! I will have to paint over the weekend!
Old 01-16-2013, 09:08 AM   #709
Blabbermouth!!!

going to try this for lunch! Sounds yum!

pic
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-jgQX0C4_5P...i+sauce+2a.jpg
recipe..I hope!
http://morselsandmusings.blogspot.co...heese-hot.html

Last edited by lotus33; 01-16-2013 at 09:19 AM..
Old 01-16-2013, 09:17 AM   #710
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh my neck and back are a mess from that job at the printing company. My mom thinks maybe from having a paper route when I was a kid too. Those papers were heavy!

My neck has bone spurs and quite a bit of degeneration and the curvature of it is a little off.

My back is the very last few vertebrae that are messed up. At the shop I would have to lift large stacks of paper and one day I was just on the floor. A couple of disks were bulging and there was a lot of inflammation where the spine bends at the pelvis. So what would happen is every so often if there was swelling I would bend over and literally be stuck in that position! Until the swelling went down and then I could stand up, sometimes days. There was a lot of pain with the disks too but the last x-ray I had showed the disks are gone and the last 3 vertebrae have actually fused themselves together. They don't hurt anymore, I still every so often have my back go out on me though. Its been awhile (like 3 yrs) since its been where I am crawling to get around so it must be getting better. 3 docs now have told me I have the back of a 80 yr old! Sweet!

So whats this pill????.....off to google then I have to do some work!

Last edited by lotus33; 01-16-2013 at 09:18 AM..
Old 01-16-2013, 09:56 AM   #711
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's a riot!! ML is a low down-trash diggin'-lunch eater!! Our garbage day is today too. I know all about those boys that can't be bothered with remembering to bring their lunch bags/boxes home. Most everything sent out of here with my Dude has to be disposable, for that reason.

I totally get that you need to use this -only- day off for regular choring. No doubt!! Your paintings will still be waiting for you, when you're ready. Ahhhhh, and it takes a little pressure off over here too, in case I get wimpy or something. It happens!!
Old 01-16-2013, 11:08 AM   #712
Blabbermouth!!!

I know...so funny! No better than the common dog diggin in the trash!

In less than an hour these may be mine

Dang it wasn't I supposed to be looking for tea cups?????
Paragon Fine Bone China Dinner Set | eBay

And......fun things are headed your way too!!!!

I can't wait till it gets there!!!
Old 01-16-2013, 11:15 AM   #713
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It's around 35'ish degrees out...so we bundled the kids up in their warm-wear, for their CT walk. They look like little darlings.

Rob made us jumbo-loaded *topping only* salads. YUMMMM!!

I cleaned out the fridge. Tidied up the living room/dining area. It looked like we'd had a fun little party in here!!

So, on the painting agenda...I'm gonna give everything a good wash down & pull out all the items that need removin'. Then I'll move onto taping & the Hunk will trim the walls meeting up to the ceiling.

Your poor back!! How horrible!! Oh my gosh...I know the pain involved in having your back go out...all to well. And having to crawl to the potty...if you can even do that!! EXCRUCIATING doesn't even accurately cover it!! WhEN ya can't even take a breath, while you're on your back, because of that -slight- movement feels like it's severing your life/spine. HORRIBLE!!
I think that sounds so likely that some/much of your neck issues are from your young news paper carrying days!! That's a lot of *pulling* on a young little neck, that was surely not even fully finished growing at the time. Ouchie. That's it...take the rest of the day off!! Man, I Love all this Power!!
Old 01-16-2013, 11:52 AM   #714
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

And those tea cups were *supposed* to be purchased for -someone- else...not for Loty at all!! What happened?!
THOSE are soooooo pretty!! Love that!! I can't wait to find out if you're the winner!!

Oh, so what's that you say...something fun may be on it's way?!?! CAN-NOT-WAIT!! So excited!!

I heard an exec. decision come down the line, from the Man...it's nap time!! See, this is the kind of thing that extends out a short paint project, to an extended-lengthy process. I'm okay with that.

Piccy of kids, right before their Gram walked over to bust them outta here for their walks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bundled kidz.jpg (48.4 KB, 3 views)
Old 01-16-2013, 12:05 PM   #715
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Am I just too lame to track things...they SAY there are 4 teacups in your set...but I SEE 6??
Old 01-16-2013, 02:38 PM   #716
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

<---Napped!! Sure were a lot of interruptions though. 2 calls/a dog barkin' melt down. How dare peeps walk on the sidewalk next to this house!! That's what are kids say.
It's a warm 45* outside now. The kids & I sat out there for a bit, on the back deck, in the direct sun. It felt HOT!! Like 80* hot!! Likey!! I read thru half of my Redbook mag, while they napped. Kinda thinkin' about baking some suntea out there!!

What are you up to over there?! Did you win your goodies?!
Old 01-16-2013, 05:14 PM   #717
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, I guess we're not feeling like painters today. None of us!!

Tomorrow I have to run off to the next town over & see the vein doc about my anaconda worm. I'm lookin' to go down there myself & leave the Hunk to play in his train room.

Watchin' Americas Funniest Home videos. Love that show!! Do you guys ever watch it? We like it with the newest host...Tom Bergeron...or something-er-other...but not with the old host, from...I dunno. The one that was on that show w/the Olsen twins way back. NO...not him. He irritates me. He thinks he's funny...and he's wrong.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:45 PM   #718
Blabbermouth!!!

They are too stinking cute in their outfits!!

A nice long walk and then a nap on the deck! Sounds like a perfect life to me!!!

Oh I get all sorts of bent out of shape when a good nap is interrupted!!!

Well you now know the owner of a pretty new set of dishes! Yeah she had a typo, there are six cups It's pretty huh??? I think what I will do is keep all those cups and then give a few of the other set away to the party.

So......I was DUMB today! Like dumb with a capital *D* I really do ~need~ a pair of jeans. So after school the girls and I went to Target. I am watching then walk into the store in their cute little bedazzled jeans and tall boots and thought ...sure...why not try it!

I tried on some skinny jeans and almost lost my lunch! Oh what was I thinking!!!!! I did end up getting a pair of gray dress pants and found a black mid length coat for $17 so I picked that up for work. My other dressier coats don't button anymore
Old 01-16-2013, 05:52 PM   #719
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh yes big fans of funniest vids! I agree! That guy is a dork!!! Not funny at all! We also like funniest animals but one of the hosts on there is a dweeb too, can't remember the name now?

Well take a day off..its ok. we will paint this weekend! I won't be able to til Sunday but I plan on it!

So are you nervous about this appt???

I am super stokered about the little things I found for us on ebay!!! So look for 3 packages coming! Hope you love it!!!! I hate keeping secrets
Old 01-16-2013, 06:17 PM   #720
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh crap! I forgot the other horrible thing from today!

I decided to park in the garage today since its getting really cold and icy in the morning. Pulled in and I couldn't get out. The door was catching on the step and my butt couldn't fit through the opening! This was after the shamu incident at Target I had to CRAWL out the other side! Which then means I get to start my day that way as well and CRAWL back in!
Closed Thread