Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 05:20 PM   #631
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
Stats: 220/214/130
WOE: smash up of a few
Start Date: 3-17-14
I am scatter brained tonight apparently...

I meant to tell you that I like that brand paint but I usually like Glidden colors for some reason, so it doesn't matter what brand the swatch it you can have it color matched and mixed into any paint you want! It doesn't even have to be a paint sample. They have a machine that can match anything. a pic, a pillow, whatever you have as long as it is a solid color and about the size of a quarter ...just an FYI!

Ok off to do some more laundry fun!
Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction
Ends up being the biggest step of your life.
Tip toe if you must,
but take the step.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2013, 06:20 PM   #632
Blabbermouth!!!

<<<<<-----excited!!

remember when I wanted to try buffalo chicken cream cheese muffins?? they are in the oven as we speak!!! hope they are as good as I want them to be!

Also got another big ol batch of cabbage soup going! ML saw the little bit of leftover and was all pouty...You made cabbage soup! I didn't have any

You probably don't like cabbage soup though huh? I don't think it stinks like just plain ol cabbage. I also put dill in it again...that really made it yum!
Old 01-09-2013, 06:24 PM   #633
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
WOE: Atkins-Bernstien-High FAT
Start Date: 9/20/2001
Well I got lazy'er...and rather than turning the remainder of the Beefy mix into patties for the freezer, I put it all into my smaller than 13X9 glass baking dish. Topped it with more Mushrooms and then the rest of the Gravy & Mushrooms mix. Because I didn't wanna have the saran wrap touching into the Gravy & possibly becoming -one- with it, during it's freezing process...I tin foiled it, then saran'ed and tin foiled again.
I think -someone- ((meeeeee)) may have went back into the kitchen & hijacked one of the cooked burgers. Soooo!!
Ummmm beans....well they're usually pretty high carb, even just right outta the bag/can...before becoming part of a recipe. But they do have quite a lot of fiber too. So, they're something I have pretty infrequently...as they raise my BS quite a lot. So much nutrition in them though!! I make those kind of trade offs, sometimes.
Have you got something in the bean-family brewing up over there??

Your MIL!! I would be totally miffed out by that constant contact with someone/anyone as well. That's just too much time!! Is she super bored/lonely?? Sounds like someone needs another outlet!!
I'm hoping CT picks up some new friendships with some of the lady folks from the *Lady's Bible Study* that just started up last night. I guess there was like 30 of them there.

So Good that you got to stay in tonight, rather than having to go out to the skating rink!! Neato that Grace is learning the Flute!! I -tried- that out many moons ago...but I was too Lame to take it serious.

Awwwe, so sweet of ML to think about ways to improve the kitchy project!! Does he get any kind of discount on goods from work? Would you guys be doing the work yourselves, or is that a hire out sort of thing, for these projects? Fun things for you guys to consider!!
I will go with your suggestion of paint and make it satin. Thank you for the suggestions!! I think I'll shop it out on Friday, after the endo visit. Something cool to look forward to!!

Gonna ship this one to ya...and continue on in another note.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:47 PM   #634
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ooooh Buffalo~Muffys!! I can't wait to hear how you like them!! What an innovative cheffy you are!! Gosh, if y'all enjoy them, they could make for wonderfull lunchie goodies!! AND, breakfast grabs...for someone that has a hard time making B: happen, sometimes.
Yes, I do like the Cabbage Soup goodness!! I don't have a good reason for not having considered it for so long. It's been over a decade now since I made it!! I may have to give it some thought...for a near future -have-.

As for the sweet vendor fellow...I agree, a girlfriend could be a good thing!! I think he is probably just a sensitve fellow, who maybe doesn't feel recognized very often & just boils over with gratitude when he is.
Here's his note from earlier today (he's referring to the poem he passed along...when he speaks of giving us something);

To Robert & Shawna,

Thank you Shawna for being the kind sweet person that u are. Only your smile is more magnified than your genuine personality. Though I can not cook or bake, this is the best that I could give u and Robert. I truly appreciate your kindness. If you ever decide you want to be cloned, let me know, it would be neat if this world had more Shawna's.

Thanx again, Sincerely Bob XxXXXXXxx

Awwwwwwwwwwwe, see...sweet. His poem was really very touching and honest. He printed it out on nice card stock...so I framed it & hung it.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:29 PM   #635
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh my gosh, that made my eyes leak a little How sweet! Aren't you curious about people like that? ML has a friend that is just a great guy, really. his wife however was not, and had flings with dang near every one of his friends He lost his friends and his wife and had no idea it was going on. Always happens to the good ones, men or women.

They smelled so good cooking! Waiting a bit to try one. You know I can't wait til tomorrow! The bean thing I thought of when you were not impressed you tv diner was sans mushy brownie! I tried these a long long time ago and was not terribly taken with them but since beans spike your BS anyway don't bother!
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...nies-cake.html

Oh no, we will do it ourselves. *if* I get counters it will be whatever is the cheap laminate that is pre-made, I am not sinking a munch into this since eventually I want to redo. The problem is the reno I want to do is big Ha! Is there any other way??? I want to make the kit bigger. It is an L shape now because there is a storage closet in the garage behind the kit wall. But I can remove that storage and just open up the kit a bunch! Make it rectangle and not L shape. Plus I want to remove the ceiling and make it open beams like the family room to sort of open it up some more. We have new appliances already so there is a good chunk done. This project I need a contractor for so we are figuring 25-30K for it. And seeing as we don't do unless we have the cash...its gonna be awhile! We do one big project a year usually. Last year was pool and deck, the year before was windows (21 ) and doors, the first year was furnace and landscaping. Next up is bathrooms! Kitchen will have to be put back another 5 years probably. Nope ML gets no discount! I used to be like but then I realize its easier! EVERYONE wants to use our *discount* so I am glad to be able to say...oh sorry I pay the same as you!

So what would you do? counters and backsplash or just paint? Inquiring minds want to know! I think I would say $300 max is what I would spend.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:32 PM   #636
Blabbermouth!!!

I am glad I am not alone on the MIL sitch! Its really irritating! She is bored for sure! She joined a couple of things but its not enough to keep her busy.

I had a thought...didn't you guys buy a food saver system? Or am I thinking someone else? You could have zipped up your leftovers in there...well if you have one!
Old 01-09-2013, 07:50 PM   #637
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I vote for ONLY painting right now in the kitchy. I think I'd want to save the backsplash for the big re-do and be able to consider all colors/styles that I'd be working with, right at that time. As for the counters...nope, I wouldn't wanna lay out $'s for a temp sitchy.
We work the same way...all cashed out or not at all. I think you'll be hugely impressed with how fresh-clean & open your kitchy -feels- after the fresh white paints go up. Your long term kitchy plan sounds Awesome!! I'd stick to that...and go to your next project (bathrooms), when you're ready.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:51 PM   #638
Blabbermouth!!!

OH you have to make these!!!!!!! Well if you like buffalo wings that is! GOOD!!!

16 oz cream cheese
cooked chopped chicken- I bought thin cut organic breast so they were small like the size of a regular chicken tender. I used 2
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar
2 eggs
2.5 oz franks hot sauce

350 for 20 min
I sprayed the cups this time, slid right out!

Ok I am done for the day, sort of 15'ing between here and chores, I just mopped the family room and kit, loaded the last of the mess of dishes I just made and started the dishwasher and had my snack! Waiting for ML to get home so I can say hi and then hitting the sack! I feel like I did a ton today!
Old 01-09-2013, 07:59 PM   #639
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlKickinIt View Post
I vote for ONLY painting right now in the kitchy. I think I'd want to save the backsplash for the big re-do and be able to consider all colors/styles that I'd be working with, right at that time. As for the counters...nope, I wouldn't wanna lay out $'s for a temp sitchy.
We work the same way...all cashed out or not at all. I think you'll be hugely impressed with how fresh-clean & open your kitchy -feels- after the fresh white paints go up. Your long term kitchy plan sounds Awesome!! I'd stick to that...and go to your next project (bathrooms), when you're ready.
Thats what I am thinking! Even though I could do it for not a ton, its still a waste of $! Paint is nothing, I don't mind wasting $50 for a fresh clean look. And just buy cheap handles. He is just such a *provider* mentality that it bugs him that it won't be happening in the original time frame. I am fine with it! Don't think I am one of those bratty peeps, but this is the stuff that keeps him up at night!

I had a bathroom *fund* but this wedding is taking a big chunk out of it! Hoping to get one done this year though!
Old 01-09-2013, 08:01 PM   #640
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yepp, got the foodsaver and it would have worked well if I'd have put the effort into turning the rest into patties. If I'd have tried to foodsaver the whole lump...ummm, I think I'd have had just a big ole 3lb brick to work with!!

Oh yeah, that MIL sitch is a whole lot of -TOO MUCH & TOO OFTEN-. I would be driven nuts...RIGHT AWAY with that. And yeah, and I do feel like I go thru that with CT. Because I would/will never tell her -enough-...my *MO* is to just not respond to calls or emails right away. That's probably not very nice either...but I'm sparing her some needless wrath...if I can just build enough -get outta my space before I blow- time. Gotta take those preventitive measures where ya can, ya know?!
Old 01-09-2013, 08:13 PM   #641
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, indeed you've been a busy Loty today!! You've busted out so many projects!! ROCKSTAR!! And tasty goodness too!! That's terrific news that spraying the little muffin papers worked so well!! I will totally do that next time!! I wanna try your Buffalo Muffins out...right away!! I can just imagine those are total winners!! Yum!! Great idea!!

Your ML is such a thoughtful/considerate guy. I think that says so much about him and his heart for you...that he would be filled with such concern about making sure that your guys's plans are seen thru...even though there are obviously good reasons for the set backs. You done good, in choosing a GOOD man-Husband & Father of your Littles.

Ok, you go get your sleeps!! Tomorrow is worky, isn't it? I hope you have an easy-peasy day ahead of you. We'll chat soon!!
Old 01-10-2013, 07:16 AM   #642
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning Lotyville!!
Today, over here in the Hoodzz, it's all about choring & Spa'ing & Gym'ing. I threw an Italian seasoned porkette roast into the crock & I guess I'm just gonna let it cook all day. I put it in there totally frozen. It's on high. We'll see how it goes.
B: LC Yogurt & mix of CreamCheese & Almond Butter

How are you doing today?? Aside from workys, what's going on in your day?!
Old 01-10-2013, 08:31 AM   #643
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Surely you've heard the screams & HUGE sighs of exaspiration by now!! I've been *working* on removing these big fat chuncks of glitter off my nails for a half hour now...and I've only gotten 4 nails in the clear!! That's not even accounting for the many flecks of random glitters that are still floating all over my fingers/hands from the little I've taken off so far!! Whose idea was this, Loty?!
Old 01-10-2013, 08:47 AM   #644
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I still want you to come over for lunchies and have Jalapeno Bacon Poppers & Cole Slawzz. Even if you do persuade me to put BIG FLAKED Glitters on my fingers, using something like a SUPERGLUE, all in the name of finding pretty, at the end of the rainbow!!
Old 01-10-2013, 09:44 AM   #645
Blabbermouth!!!

OH NO!!! Thats stinkin polish!!! How many coats did you have on???

I will totally be right over for lunch!!!! I wish! I am having some cabbage soup here in a bit. I had an appointment set up for 12:15 and seeing as they are dang near a half hour late I suppose its fine to eat now!

Just work today, not sure what else. Hoping Mr. Loty is doing the last load of laundry up for me today while he is home! Stinks during the school year, he has thurs off and I work them so that in the summer we are around for the kids but we would have time together during the winter! Boss lady isn't a huge fan of changing the schedules up so much so I don't ask.

I had 2 of those buffalo muffins for breaky.....

Oh I found some little work outs on pinterest. If you can go to my board for wellness, its way down there. Anyway look at "the 100 workout". I am going to have to cut that by at least half but its easy and maybe we can try it! Goign to search tonight for some more easy ones for us!
Old 01-10-2013, 09:45 AM   #646
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh I cook roasts frozen all the time! IT will be good!
Old 01-10-2013, 11:27 AM   #647
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OoOOooh some fitness action for us!! Yes, we can do the *100*!! That's nearly the same little routine that we would open our Karate classes with, once we'd bow'ed in & said our creed. Totally doable!! We'll just modify what ever needs modifying...and DO IT!! Aside from the 10 min. running...we should be able to knock out the rest in no time flat!! I think I'll do gazelling for the 10 min run. What do you have in mind for that? I'll have to work up to deep/regular squats...but I'll work on that.
Excited!! When do we start?!
Old 01-10-2013, 11:52 AM   #648
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It's snowing BIG Winter Snow Flakes!! BIG ONES!! Love that, so much!!

Okee-doke, I won't worry about crockin' the frzn. meatie. I'm just gonna let it cook away & believe!!

I painted the pigs 2 coats of regular polish & 2 coats of SUPER POWERED~SUPER GLUE Glitter, so as to have ample blingy/sparkly coverage. It took just under an HOUR to remove it!! That was just on my fingers!! Sooooo Glad that I didn't paint the toe pigs with it too!!
So at some point today, I need to re-mani~pedi. I think I'll do hot pink on the upper & lower & TINY Glitters on the upper, for a top coat.

Shame on those folks standin' you up this afternoon!! That's so irritating & rude.

Did you already put together your -additional- cabbage soupy, for YO~MAN ?!
MmmmmMmMMMmmmm!!
Oh yeah, that reminds me...I need to add the Buffalo ingredients to my list for tomorrow!!

So, where are you at now with your hairdo?? Do you blow your curls out...like with full on intent?
Old 01-10-2013, 01:26 PM   #649
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes! Gazelling is what I was thinking too! Seriously I think that will only take about 20 minutes. I will def have to work up to it though!!!! Its a good start though! There was also an arm one I found today and posted it on there. I would like to incorporate that too so it is a total body thing!

OK gotta go! have to make dinner and then take Ava to gymnastics!

BBL!
Old 01-10-2013, 06:03 PM   #650
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, some arm work is definitely NEEDED!! <---That's us doing our arm work-outs!! Clearly not real happy about it though!!

The crocked porketta turned out Super well, temp wise...however, it was a seasoned at the store roast, and it's SALTY!! I'm considering storing it in a big container with straight water, for a day...then strain it out & store it for it's longer term storage. UNLESS you have a more brilliant idea??

What did you end up making for dinners tonight?!
Old 01-10-2013, 06:33 PM   #651
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I got antsy about having porky sittin' out on the counter & had to make an exec. decision. So the porkage is soakin' in an overnight water-bath.

I DIDN'T do the polish part of the mani~pedi...but the rest is done. I'm gonna do a thick lather of E oil on my feets and stuff them in sockies & tomorrow, after showering, I'll polish.
Tomorrow am will be all about Spa'ing, before I leave out for the endo appt.

I made an appt. for a vein doc., for next week. I have a worm sized/looking varicose vein on top of my knee. I've had it for years...but these days it hurts more often than not...especially if something happens to press it. OUCHIE!! I think it came about because I've fallen onto my knees, a few times over the years, on concrete. Don't ask...I dunno. I guess I wasn't so sure footed back in the day?! Apparently I'm to allow an hour & 1/2 for this appt.!! The doc is gonna do an ultra sound on the leg & I guess they're able to determine the reason/severity of the issue that way & thru the pulse in that area...or something.

Aside from works tomorrow, what's your day lookin' like?!
Old 01-10-2013, 06:41 PM   #652
Blabbermouth!!!

OMG I have been trying for half an hour to finish a post!

Soooo....yes arms and 100's it is! Want to start tomorrow? Isn't it sad that what you used to just *open* class with I have to now work up to beign able to do!? Oh well....we will get there!

Oh yeah, was it seasoned with like a house blend seasoning salt? I saw on pinterest (dang that site!) a philly cheese steak stuffed pepper! Maybe try shredding the meat and cook it up in some butter with onion, mushrooms, and peppers and stuff it a pepper and top with cheese I bet it wouldn't be as salty with all that other stuff added in! I make chicken parm over spaghetti squash...yum! I just happened to take a pic! LOL the kids were giving me a hard time about always photo-ing my food! i guess it is weird! Oh and yup I made the soup last night! He can stop whining now!

IMG_20130110_171407.jpg

going to get back to posting menus, it does help when I know I will have to fess up to what I ate!
today
B-2 buffalo chicken things
L-soup
D-chicken parm, spaghetti squash, broccoli
S- 2 more buffalo things, 3 slices of bacon

Oh I am so sorry it took that long for your nails!!!!! i would be having a fit too!!! Throw that glitter right out!

Oh my hair, depends on the day. Sometimes I wear it curly and dry it with a diffuser so its super curl, sometimes I let it go natural and just straighten the bangs and the bits along the face frame, sometimes I straighten or big curling iron the whole thing. Depends on the laziness factor, what I am doing, humidity, time of day.... Mostly I wear it mostly natural and the bangs/sides straight.

So told ML the kit is on and just painting, he is like whoa lets talk! what??? He really wants to do a mini makeover and do the counters and backsplash! Just a total waste! The whole thing is going to be gutted to the studs when we reno so why why why???? So I may be painting the kit I may not be. If your still wanting to do the bathroom I have lots of touch up around here so its cool! I will still paint with you! I should take a pic of the family room and see if you would paint the beams white too. Uhg that is going to be work!

So what else was goin on in your world today????

Last edited by lotus33; 01-10-2013 at 06:46 PM..
Old 01-10-2013, 06:45 PM   #653
Blabbermouth!!!

Did you get more accumulation of snow? i just can not believe this weather! We have no snow and its going to be in the 50's this week! 60 on Sat!!! I HATE this weather!!! The house is a giant mudhole! I am going to mop again after the dogs come in for the last time tonight. Not sure why! Just going to be dirty again in the morning but i do it anyway Told ML next year we are going to rock garden the entire back yard!!!
Old 01-10-2013, 06:53 PM   #654
Blabbermouth!!!

wow on the worm knee! Thats a long appt! Are they going to electrode you with electrical current to see the functionality of it? Thats how they tested my carpel tunnel. Not super fun. I think it was a year ago last oct that I had that surgery done. Way worth it!

What are they doing at your endo appt?

I have nothing much planned for tomorrow. Just work. Then again something always seems to come up doesn't it!
Old 01-10-2013, 07:24 PM   #655
Blabbermouth!!!

Much grander rooms but color wise about the same. Hmmm....

Old 01-10-2013, 08:02 PM   #656
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh boy...that's a real tough one there, with trying to decide on the beams!! I truly like both looks. The wooden beams are dramatic, and I really like that. The white beams seem to make the room look larger and very clean. I like that too!! I'd guess that ML would be stoked over the white beams, huh?!
If I were on the fence about this...I wouldn't do a darn thing...cause I really do think the wood beams are very attractive. Very.
**Not that it matters...as it sounds like y'all are planning to remain in your homestead for many years...but to throw it into the ponder pool...in our experience, buyers are always over the moon over the natural wood.
Are your beams stained/somewhat shiny at all? What color are the walls in there?
Old 01-10-2013, 08:05 PM   #657
Blabbermouth!!!

Been looking at pics of painted beams. I think it would look nice but jeesh, tooooo much work! However....if you know of a way to get paint off brick, there is very pretty brick that someone before us painted white that I wouldn't mind exposing again! Not finding any easy ways about that either though!

It pouring rain here! Yah me! More mud! Oh but it makes for great sleeping so thats where I am headed! To the attic I go!

Good night!!!
Old 01-10-2013, 08:09 PM   #658
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh, saw your post before I logged off! LOL

They are the same color as that pic. Same shine too. I will take pics of them when the sun is out, its too dark now. I had went through and painted all the trim white and it brightened the room considerably.

I think I am just getting a wild hair to do something drastic! He is ticking me off now about this kit! I know what he is trying to do bless his heart but its a waste. Silly ML!
Old 01-10-2013, 08:16 PM   #659
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh yikerz!! I don't know anything about the jumper cable electrode gadgets!! Did that hurt? Did that part last long? I'm pretty certain that I didn't know you'd had that surgery. So are you like good as new since they gave you the hook up?
I don't really have any idea what they're gonna do at this appt. I can't imagine why they think they need that much time though!! I'm really just going to hear them out on what they purpose to remedy this sitchy. I'm not necessarily gonna take their suggestion. I've gotta weigh the options. I've read that they could likely suggest surgery, in order to strip out that vein. I don't really see that as an option for myself right now. I have 2 areas of hesitation...1. I don't feel well enough...immune system wise to safely make it thru a surgery...and 2. well...the idea of anesthesia...after losing Chris over it...
I'm hoping it's just something they can handle with laser.

I REALLY like your rock garden idea!! Aside from a few planter boxes out back...and a small fire pit...that's exactly our intention for the entire back yard. Gotta have LOW maintenance!!
Old 01-10-2013, 08:30 PM   #660
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah, we've got maybe a couple of inches of snow out there. We may see some more over night & tomorrow...and then that's it for a bit, they say.
Our temps are around mid 30's during the day and 10'ish at night.
We have little footie prints, comin' in from the back door too. Know what?! They're gonna stay there tonight!!

The endo appt. is to go over all that lab work from yesterday...and throw our hands up in the air because of all the weight I continue to gain, on the insulin. I'll tell him my plans to exercise & that I'm gonna continue to LC...and he'll keep my scripts for more insulin current.

Your menu for the day looks delish!! I love your piccy & your pretty plate!! I told Rob about the Buffalo Muffy's and he has told me twice since then, that he can't wait for me to make them!! He doesn't even like chicken. But spicy chicken wings...to him is a whole nuther story. And with it being a cream cheese muffin too....oh man.
So, tomorrow, I'll shop it out. Might make them on Saturday.
Closed Thread