Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 06:44 PM   #601
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
WOE: mostly raw, plant based
Start Date: 9-1-14
Whats up with the Hood's tonight???

We are back from class already! The teach wanted to watch the college football bowl game tonight so we zipped through it, which in turn made ML VERY happy! So I feel like i am in the clear for the semester s the teach just earned a gazillion bonus points tonight!

i totally forgot that I have people coming over tomorrow at 10 am to clean the furnace My first alone time in like forever and I have them coming over!!! Sometimes I wonder what goes through my own head!!!! On the upside I will get all my stuff done as I can't really just take a nap with strangers in the house now can I? Or...can I??? Close the door on your way out boys...mama's sleeping!

Sep 1~223, Oct 1~210, Nov 1~207

Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2013, 08:48 PM   #602
Blabbermouth!!!

pinterest ticks me off!! Was looking for recipes for hamburger and now I NEED a bacon wrapped hamburger with and egg on it! Need it I tell you!!

Going to bed instead!
Old 01-08-2013, 06:49 AM   #603
Blabbermouth!!!

Those guys will be here in an hour ....I gotta put my face on pronto!!!!!!

Then run downstairs and see what sort of damages there is going on in the playroom after the kids have been down there with their friends !

wish me luck!!!!
Old 01-08-2013, 07:40 AM   #604
Blabbermouth!!!

crisis diverted! got a semi pretty face on and the basement...eh, wasn't bad at all!

Playing online till they get here and then going to take the big tree down while they are cleaning ....so sad, I like the lights!

I don't want to move at all though, I have a very warm and cuddly (snoring) Basset draped across my lap currently
Old 01-08-2013, 09:04 AM   #605
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
Start Date: 9/20/2001
You crack me up!! I would like to KNOW about that Bacon wrapped Burger bundle too!!
Are you guys having your ducts just inspected or are you getting them cleaned too? That's Great that you were able to throw your pretty on & spruce the play room in time. Do your pups mind having peeps in the house, or do they think it's more the merrier? Ours go into a rage if someone's even at the door. Oh, except if it's CT...then they expect that they're going on a walk.

Yesterday after lunches I got to feelin' just awful. I had a horrible one sided headache come on & an ACHE in my throat, on the same side. I was mortified...thinkin' that maybe I was trying to get sick again!! But as I layed in bed, trying to rest it off...I realized that the pain was actually stemming from that tooth I just had filled, a couple days back. The pain was just radiating up into my temple & down into my throat. LAME!!
Anyway...I'm left with just a bit of an achey throaty feeling today...but -NO- headache.

I'm makin' the house sparkle today. I may think about busting out some Jalapeno~Bacon Poppers later.

What are you up to after the Dudes leave?!

Friday, Dec. 5th , 2014 = 182.5

Friday, Dec. 12th , 2014 =
Old 01-08-2013, 09:19 AM   #606
Blabbermouth!!!

No good on tooth/head/throat pain!!! I have never had that happen but ML has! Not fun! But at least your not getting sick!!!

I am annoyed! They are still not here! I just got off the phone and the lady was all like "oh your appt is not at 10 just anytime *after* 10, and we come from an hour away so not sure when the guys will be there" Oh great....because I didn't have anything else to do but wait here all day! Yes I am having a tantrum thank you very much! I let Jack back out of his crate, he is the only one that cares if a stranger is in the house...go figure its always the little guy! Now just sprucing up the place. Did get another batch of bread going, its in the oven rising.

Anyway.... I saw a lot of burgers with a fried egg on it. But this had me like

and then this had me like (sans bun of coarse )

So now I want that burger with an egg on it! Maybe even two!
Old 01-08-2013, 09:20 AM   #607
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh but no just having the furnace cleaned. Its 3 years old now so I guess your supposed to do some sort of yearly maintenance on it...dunno, never ever did that before but I am in case that negates the warranty or something! We had the ducts cleaned 3 years ago as well. I think I would do that about every 5 years.

Maybe I should do it more often as I am sitting here watching Sunday shake on the rug in the sun and hair and whatever else is now flying through the air! Yikes!

Last edited by lotus33; 01-08-2013 at 09:24 AM..
Old 01-08-2013, 09:42 AM   #608
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

After having this 1st/last duct cleaning that we had...and seeing the camera footage of the *tiny* amount of debris/dust, laying in the duct...I would go at least a handful of years before considering that again. Knowing of the previous owners here...I don't think they'd ever had it done...and the house was built in 2001/2002. I was expecting those ducts to be PACKED!! Nope...not even a pencils width of sediment sittin' in the bottom of the ducts.

Let it be known...I haven't replaced out my $ store dish gloves since the last time I told you about constantly ripping holes/tears in them. I think I was shamed into being more careful, for a while. Well, up until yesterday. But, I've got something figured out now!! A person can wear the gloves on the opposite hand...even though they have to be worn backwards...and the flex abilities are reduced a bit...but it can be made to work in a pinch. There ya go & that may be all a person needs to know, for a while.

I've got the bedding sheets & bath towels whirling, dishwasher unloaded...and now I'm heading back in to reload it.

What are you planning for your afternoon?!
Old 01-08-2013, 09:48 AM   #609
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh...your house is just a baby! Ours is more in the later stages of life was built in 1935. It sat vacant for 3 years prior to us buying it so I was afraid of what creepy crawlys were in here!!! They got a lot of stuff so not sure if I have it done again if it would be as bad, curious about that!

OMG!!! Now all I can picture is you will 2 right hands! *shudders*

Eh..I am cleaning thats all the excitement for the day!
Old 01-08-2013, 10:59 AM   #610
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh ::THUD-age::!! Those look soooooo AWESOME!!
Hmmmm...bet a person could replace the egg with a Jalapeno Popper too!!

I'm gonna STEAM a big ole batch of Kale...and mix mayo & parm into it when it's done. I'll letcha know if it's worth knowing about!!

That is such bad bizz & disrespectful of a persons time...to make a 10am appt. and then be all *Ummm, yeah, sometime after 10am and when they get around to it and once they drive half a day to get there....". The company we worked with did the SAME thing to us!!
Old 01-08-2013, 11:11 AM   #611
Blabbermouth!!!

I know! Now you see why i NEED a hamburger! LOL

Well the guy just left! Good! Although now I am not sure what i have time to do besides clean so ....I guess I just keep at it!

So do you know anything about cast iron cookery? I want to use that new dutch oven I bought, I have never used cast iron before. So I am wondering since it says it hold the heat better do you cook things in less time??
Old 01-08-2013, 12:41 PM   #612
Blabbermouth!!!

OH NO! Kale stinks huh?? Like cabbage?

Lotyville smells delightful! Have salisbury steaks browning and did up some onion and mushroom gravy to cook them in

Too bad you don't have any friends that have been able to get to the post office and send you some good smellies!

That was the to do today, first thing tomorrow it will be out! I'm so awful!
Old 01-08-2013, 12:43 PM   #613
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Nope it looks you're gonna be the 1st of us to venture into cast iron cookin'!! Well, we did have one large cast iron pan back in the day...but I didn't really know my way around the kitchy back then, and was not impressed with the idea that I couldn't just clean the pan w/soap & water. Rob *insisted* that we just bake it real hot and put oil on it. That was a foreign idea to me & I thought he was just being lame and disgusting...so I didn't use the pan...or eat any chow that was made in it.
What a dweeby little brat!!
What's the first thing you have in mind for cast iron dutching?! Can you make your cheesy bacon burgers in there?!
I saw some guacamole all laid up on top of that burger madness!! Do you likey??

Well, I steamed the Kale...but possibly not for long enough. I dunno. If it would have been limper...like my steamed spinach...I may have become more of a fan. But as it was, it had lots of somewhat hard stalk pieces in there & threw me off on the consistancy level. Flave wise...I think I'd still prefer spinach or green beans.

Gotta finish vacing these floors...and I *SHOULD* hit 'em with a mop. Not a fan of mopping or -shoulds-.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:56 PM   #614
Blabbermouth!!!

That would boge me out too! This said I could wash it but not in the dishwasher and it had to be dried right away and oiled again. It also said that germs are killed at 200 something or other and the pan easily gets to 400 even with the oven not at that high of heat so there was no need to worry about germs. I am still washing it though!!

That being said....I just fried up the nicest burgers in it and it took no time at all! I think I am in Then I layered them all in the pot and poured the gravy concoction back over it and threw on the lid. I won't put it in the oven until about 4 and let it simmer till about 5:30 I suppose.

So I am doing floors next too! Did the fly mission while cooking of wiping down the fronts of the cabinets! Have a bucket full of hot water and murphys oil soap thats not dirty so I am going to take advantage of it and do the floors now!

Lets do it!!!!

(see how I can avoid that dang tree like the plague)
Old 01-08-2013, 01:02 PM   #615
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh forgot in my last note...I think I saw somewhere that you were supposed to cut that hard part out that runs down the middle of the leaf. But...you probably couldn't if it was already chopped up ....hmmm

It was good that one time I put it in soup, but I have never just eaten it. I still want to try these *chips* every one raves about!
Old 01-08-2013, 04:54 PM   #616
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ok, for the *challenged*. Are your Salisbury steaks also the burgers that you fried? Are they all the same thing...as in the steaks are made out of burger??
See, when I was growing up, I had LOTS of TV Dinners...for B-L and D, cause CT wasn't fond of cooking/baking. So I thought Salisbury steak WAS steak. Rob offered me steak one night...many years ago...and I was like "Nah...just doesn't do much for me". He thought I was nuts. But really I just didn't care for the icky geletinee gravy yuck that was on them (Salisbury TV Dinner). At some point I learned that steak was actually STEAK!! I've never had Salisbury steak since way back when I lived at home. So now after I'm reading your note...I'm thinking -Oh...Salisbuary steak may be made from burger-. HELP!! What's up?!

Yeah, I'd say kale rated right up there...smellage wise, with cabbage. Which is a heck of a lot more tolerable than broccoli or cauli!! Those I absolutely steam out back!!
Oh you're so funny!! I'll quit cussin' my post-women out then!! I pictured her going home in the eve. and pluggin' in my fancy little warmer & reveling in the bounty and goodness of the yummy little scents, whilst I wait in stink...in tantric-anticipation .

Good job going for your cabinets & floors!! I bet your house smells all fresh and clean...((unlike other peoples!!))...
Actually, I did indeed wash my floors and have had the slider open for much of the afternoon...cause it's like a balmy 50* outside!! Coming from so many days of only seeing highs of 20 something...it feels like a nice Spring day!!

I've got one more load of laundries to get to, and I'm in the midst of remaking the bed with it's clean sheets.
Yeah, this bagged kale was all chopped, with the vieny still in there. Excellent idea on bakin' up for chips!! I'm gonna use the rest of the bag that way.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:08 PM   #617
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh you poor thing! Sustained on tv dinners! Those are gross! Funny you thought that was steak!! What does CT live on now??

Yes, it is hamburger!

I used 4lbs of burger and added dried minced onion, onion powder, salt, pepper, beef bullion, worchestershire, and 2 eggs.

While mixing and forming the meat I cooked onion and mushroom in butter and a bit of oil till brown. Then added 2 packs of brown gravy mix and a little extra water than the directions called for so its more saucy. Take that out of the pan and fry your patties in it. After they are all fried (don't have to be cooked all the way through just nicely brown) stack them in the dutch oven and pour mix over the patties. Cover and cook in oven about an hour.

You can keep cooking in a covered skillet on the stove top though, since you would probably wouldn't be making 4 lbs of it! Probably just simmer it like 20-30 min.

Well...ML and I took down the tree so I at least got done what I wanted today. I do believe in just a bit I will give in and trim my hair a bit That way if I find some time tomorrow or over the weekend to get a dye I will be ready!
Old 01-08-2013, 06:14 PM   #618
Blabbermouth!!!

Old 01-08-2013, 06:27 PM   #619
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, not this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Salisbury Steak.jpg (8.6 KB, 2 views)
Old 01-08-2013, 06:37 PM   #620
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Man, your piccy looks so yummy!! NEED!! And the mushrooms!! I'm gonna have to hold on to your recipe here!! Wowzer!!

CT lives on Albacore tuna, cereal, bananas and chips.

Yippee on the hairdo trim idea!! Is it an option to have ML help you with streaking your locks??

I'm steaming Spinach for D. I haven't discovered any meatie to go with it yet. Dreaming of the salisbury shroomage goods!!
Old 01-08-2013, 06:46 PM   #621
Blabbermouth!!!

NO!

Some recipes make sauce from scratch but the gravy packets work just fine!

Hair is cut! I don't always cut my own. Since its curly/wavy its very forgiving and I just flip my hair upside down and snip! Growing my bangs out so I just left them alone.

Hmm...not sure ML is capable of that...I wish though!!!!

Last edited by lotus33; 01-08-2013 at 06:47 PM..
Old 01-08-2013, 08:42 PM   #622
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's Awesome that you can save some cash flow by cutting your own hairdo!! Very June Cleaver'ish of you!! Do you cut on ML's hairdo too? What about the Littles?
I've only had dye on my hair twice...to go black and then again to go so dark brown it was nearly black, and both times I had Rob hook me up. I think he did a fair job...better than I would have done all by myself, FORSURE. My hair is still pretty dang dark from the last job he did, about a yr. ago. Because my hair is naturally dirty blonde, it reallllly holds the color, for dear life.

I like the idea of using the gravy packets, for the Salisbury Steak. I like the flave that they produce. That recipe looks like it would be pretty simple to bust out!! Likey!!

The homestead looks pretty dang sharp...if I gotta say so myself.

I have to bail outta here early tomorrow am, & run the Handsome one to work, come back home to track down the pretties and haul out for a *fasting* batch of lab work. I HATE fasting!! I'm having a load of bloodwork ran for my endo visit on Friday. Not a fan of those either.

What's your day looking like tomorrow?! Will you get any fun/down time?!
Old 01-09-2013, 06:26 AM   #623
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning! Just a quickie....going to try to get a boat load of stuff done today.

Already got kids up bathed, Ava's hair is in a french braid, unloaded/reloaded dishwasher, took out trash, and packed 3 lunches....whew is it naptime yet????

Hope the boodsuckers go easy on ya this am!!!
Old 01-09-2013, 11:03 AM   #624
Blabbermouth!!!

Been a busy girl today!

Bout to throw in that hair dye and worry about streaking it next week

can't seem to find my hairdresser cape so I may have to run around here with my shirt off and pray to all that is holy that nobody comes over!!!

Then a touchup of the polish and a shower and then headed out to run errands

Oh and.....I keep forgetting to tell you. ML has asked me 3 times now if I was losing weight, says he can see a diff. Also my Mom and MIL both asked! My pants are looser but I haven't lost anything really. Bouncing a pound here and there when your this overweight doesn't make a big difference. Wonder if the walking I was doing was working. Maybe shifting weight around? I have no idea but thats 3 people noticing a difference....weird! Nice but weird! I am totally confused!

When do you want to start back at it? And add some weight in???? Maybe this week!

And.....I am going to try to get the kit painted next tues and wed as long as nothing weird goes on. So get ready sistah!!!!
Old 01-09-2013, 11:10 AM   #625
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm baaaa-aaaack!!
All went well with the blood suckers. They stole 3 big ole viles from me. I chugged my coffees, a LC yogurt & 2 hardboileds in the their parking lot when they were thru with me. Afterwards I headed over to Walmart. They're -very- near the lab.
I wonder who picked up all the ingredients to make *REAL* Salisbury Steak goodness?! I think I'll make up sides of steamed,buttered turnip-parsnip-carrots. YAH!!
I ran into the sweet/grateful vendor that was the beneificiary of the love note~muffin combo last Monday. Rob had told me that this fellow busted out into dance when he received his goodies this last time...and has been going on & on about it all. We had a really sweet little lovefest visit.
So I've got groceries to put away & I wanna hit these floors with the vac, before I run to go pick the Hunk back up. He has a short day today...so he's out at 11:00am.

Dang!! You have had your hustle on already this morning!! Way to go, knocking out all those to-do's!!
What else is goin' down in Lotyville today?!
Old 01-09-2013, 04:15 PM   #626
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yippee!! By now you're rockin' your new *do*!! What do you think of how it's turned out?! So funny about being capeless & topless and running around the house!!

I'm guessing that your weight re-distribution has got to be from your walks too!! That's Wonderful news!! How nice that other folk are certain they can see a difference!!
Yes, this week is a Great week for us to start back in & get all fit & snitt!!

Ok, so we paint on Tue/Wed!! That will be Awesome!! I've got my paint chip ready & just need to shop out a good paint. Do you have a fave paint brand? This will be going into our master bath 1st, and then eventually I'm considering the same color for our kitchy walls. I'm wondering about using one of those anti-mold/mildew additives for the bath paint.

After I picked Rob up from works, we headed over to the dairy plant, and grabbed a gallon of HWC. He gave me this file folder, as we headed over to grab the goods...from the *sweet* vendor dude, who he had seen just prior to me running into him this morning. That fellow had wrote the sweetest letter to us, on the outside of the yellow file folder and on the interior he had added a really heartfelt poem, that he had written to the Lord, back in 2004. I'm just like whoa!! Unreal!!

So I'm fixin' to make the *GOURMET* Loty'ish version of the Salisbury Steakage. I can't wait to reveal it to the Hunk & chow down!!

What are you up to this eve?! What are the Loty's munchin' on tonight?!
Old 01-09-2013, 05:44 PM   #627
Blabbermouth!!!

WOW, that guy is really really excited about the treats! Is he getting overly weird or is it still just sort of lonely guy appreciating some goodies? Me thinks he needs a girlfriend!

Can't wait to see how your fancy tv dinners turn out!!!! On wednesdays its just the girls and me so we were just going to have leftover ham and bean soup and a salad. But....MIL called and says "I have a rotisserie chicken can I come over and you fix the sides?" WHAT??? I find that rude...but like I said I am annoyed by everything she is doing lately! So we had a cup of soup, chicken, california mix veg, and bread. Then she left after she ate. Grace was supposed to go to skating class tonight but opted to skip. She also has flute lessons at 7:30 this am so she was tired. I support that! I did not want to go either!

Yes I have a favorite paint, it is Behr paint from Home Depot It has mildew and primer stuff in it already. I would paint bathroom walls with satin finish. I will probably do satin or semi gloss for the cabinets. I am hoping that I don't have to sand the cabinets first! If so I will do that on the weekend so I can paint tue and wed! I am super excited!!! I told ML I as doing that and he felt bad that I am not going to get a whole kit redo for awhile yet so he asked if I wanted a new backsplash and maybe counters as well I am contemplating if I want to do that much project
Old 01-09-2013, 05:51 PM   #628
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Here ye, here ye...The fancy -mock- TV dinner was Delish!! However...I'm wondering where my little Brownie is?! I ALWAYS got to have a little Brownie or Apple mix compote w/my TV dinners!!
I used 2 & 1/4 lb.'s of burger (FULL fat) and found we had a 2lb batch of Italian Sausage. I added 2 Eggs, 1 packet of Onion soup, 2 Beef boullion cubes with 1/2 cup water and some splashes of Worcestshire goodness.
The gravy portion was a Brown-Beef gravy w/a load of Mushrooms added to it. Our side turned out to be Green Beans w/Mayo & Parm. No dessert in sight.
It was soooooo good!! We have a ton left over...as I only cooked 4 little burgers worth...and we have 2 of those left. The rest of the mix is uncooked. So, I'm thinking of just making up more patties with the goods & freezin' 'em, for another time. Left over Gravy & Mushrooms too, to toss into the freeze. Next time, pulling it from the freezer...it will be even more TV dinner'ish.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:04 PM   #629
Blabbermouth!!!

Its not how your mama made it huh? How did you end up doing it? I think I got 14 patties, we had 5 that night, I packed 2 for ML lunch today, was just going to eat the rest on the weekend but maybe freezing is a good idea! You probably got about the same since you did over 4 lbs too! Sausage would be gooood in it too!!!
Old 01-09-2013, 06:04 PM   #630
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey can you eat beans?
Closed Thread