Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 08:00 AM   #571
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
Stats: 220/214/130
WOE: smash up of a few
Start Date: 3-17-14
sorry that pic is HUGE

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2013, 08:14 AM   #572
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
WOE: Atkins-Bernstien-High FAT
Start Date: 9/20/2001
Wow!! What a totally Brilliant idea...Soup Smoothies!! No doubt!! That's just Awesomeness!!

Rob should be returning from his mens bible study here pretty quick...and I haven't even gotten into the shower yet. Soooo draggin' tired still. Ace thought it would be cool for me to get up early & come out to the couch with him. He's the only one of us that believed in the coolness of that. I'd like to earmark a nap at some point this afternoon.
Last I heard from the Hunk, he thinks today would be a great bee-boppin'~store shoppin' day. Again...that makes one of us.
Well...I'm gonna go look for my -buck up & do it anyway- pants & see about gettin' thru some of this *FUN*.
Oh yeah, let it be known that I've worn THE Loty inspired wear, twice this week, and received many compliments each time. Slenderizing!!

Aside from gatherin' your soup/shake goods, what are you up to today?!
Old 01-05-2013, 08:21 AM   #573
Blabbermouth!!!

Veg smoothie

Liquid - Start with 1 cup of liquid - Can be filtered water/kombucha/kefir water/raw apple juice or your liquid of choice. Add more liquid if needed to make your vegetable smoothie recipe just the right consistency for you.
Beet - 1/2 inch slice or to taste
Carrot - 1 medium size
Cucumber - 1 medium size
Spinach leaves - 1 handful
Tomato - 1 small to medium size
Lemon - Juice from fresh squeezed large size
*Optional - Sweetener - A few drops of liquid Stevia Extract to taste (be careful as it is VERY concentrated! See link below.)
Old 01-05-2013, 08:31 AM   #574
Blabbermouth!!!

Hot Broccoli Smoothie – The “hot” part of this smoothie comes from fresh salsa, which gives the raw food shake an added kick. Combine the following ingredients in a blender and mix for one minute, pouring the liquids in first: 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, ¼ cup fresh salsa, ½ cup broccoli (finely chopped), 1 tomato (chopped), ½ cup spinach (chopped), 1 tablespoon raw sunflower seeds and 1 handful of ice (2-3 cubes). Garnish with a slice of lemon.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:37 AM   #575
Blabbermouth!!!

GLad the Loty wear is working for you!!! I feel better in it too. Like I am hiding some of the fluff even though I probably am not but I feel like it!

I am waiting for ML to go to work and then will start my day

I too, need to jump in the shower and then run some errands including groceries! Then the big tree is coming down and do a quick clean of the house....thats it!

Going to spend the rest of the day in the kitchen
Old 01-05-2013, 08:38 AM   #576
Blabbermouth!!!

Tomato smoothie

Tomatoes are a great ingredient for a healthy smoothie recipe because of their antioxidant properties. Men in particular should add tomatoes to their diet to help prevent prostate cancer.

Ingredients:

2 cups (chopped) tomatoes
1/2 cup tomato juice
1/4 cup apple juice
1/2 cup carrots
1/4 cup (chopped) celery
Tabasco or hot sauce to taste
2 cups ice

Last edited by lotus33; 01-05-2013 at 08:40 AM..
Old 01-05-2013, 08:40 AM   #577
Blabbermouth!!!

Another tomato one..gotta keep the boys healthy! LOL

Ingredients

2 cups tomato juice
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/2 cup peeled and chopped cucumber
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped scallions
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground pepper
1/4 teaspoon hot-pepper sauce
Preparation

Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Chill for at least 30 minutes. Fill 4 glasses with ice and divide the smoothie mixture among the glasses.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:58 PM   #578
Blabbermouth!!!

Well got totally stocked up for smoothies! Green for me and ML and fruit for kids

Ain't it purdy???

Dang Walmart didn't even have Kale at all I don't like getting produce at Walmart but I needed a couple other things un-food related. Oh got a nice cast iron covered pot to cook artisan breads in!!

We do not have a Fred Meyer. I had to look it up, all this time I thought you were talking about Meijers, we have that and the founders name is Fred! Funny! I just thought you were being funny calling it by the founder name instead of just Meijers. But nope....two different places. How come you don't shop at the Hunk's store???

IMG_20130105_182251.jpg
Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction
Ends up being the biggest step of your life.
Tip toe if you must,
but take the step.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:01 PM   #579
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh the mushrooms are NOT for juicing Making salisbury steak tomorrow.

So I had a fruit smoothie for breakfast, chicken breast for lunch, ham and navy bean soup for dinner and going to go play around with a smoothie now for a snack.

Let ya know the results later
Old 01-05-2013, 05:14 PM   #580
Blabbermouth!!!

OH dear!!!!!!!

I can't choke this down!

2 small sweet peppers
tomato
spinach
1/4 lemon

IMG_20130105_192528.jpg
Old 01-05-2013, 05:24 PM   #581
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh you are brave!! Grody!!

DRINK-DRINK-DRINK!!
Old 01-05-2013, 05:26 PM   #582
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So funny that you even have a *themey* GREEN staw!! Does that help?!
Old 01-05-2013, 05:31 PM   #583
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My shakeage has been a fail today. Well, unless we can consider that mine came in the form of Fajitas...bein's there was Bell Pepper, Onion and Garlic?

I still have the clean up to get to in the kitchy. But I wanted to check in & see how my Loty was doing!!
I'll be back in a jiff!!
Old 01-05-2013, 05:31 PM   #584
Blabbermouth!!!

You noticed huh....green straws just seemed to be appropriate!

This is nasty no way I am finishing it! Oh did you also notice I put it in a Coke glass....that didn't help either!

How was your day?
Old 01-05-2013, 06:43 PM   #585
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Boy you came up with a lot of really good lookin' green recipes!! I think we could get ourselves all shades of healthy with those!! We're gonna be too healthy...won't even know what to do with ourselves!!

So we left outta here earlier and dropped off a batch of cans/donatey items to the Humane Society & then headed to Best Buy...for the Hunk to do some additional *research* on a computer he's been eyeballing, to replace his elderly one. *Research* quickly turned into a purchase. We left outta there with barely enough time to make it to Kohl's, where they were having a sale, up until 1pm. We perused their dress pants...but were not impressed with their *sale* prices. My Dude has a tough time parting with anything more than about $30 for his dress/work pants...so the $60-$140 sales...well, they just weren't stokin' him out...so we bailed. Grabbed a couple burgers on our way home. We napped for a bit, with the kiddo's and then I started in on preppin' Fajiat's and whirlin' laundries. I guess that's about it. Seems like there was more in there somewhere.

I guess I NEED to make the piggys pretty, as I'm planning to church it up tomorrow & don't wanna look jacked.

Oh yeah, I don't shop at Rob's work, cuzz it's way overpriced!! So is Fred Meyer's...compared to Walmart...but I've been so mad with Walmart...and refraining from visiting with them, for a year now. Up until just a couple days ago. The de-icer we've been using is far inferior to the juice that Walmart sells...so we caved & gave them our bizz.
That's funny that you thought I was laying out the FRED Meijers formal name!! I don't even know of Meijers.

Yes, I did indeed notice the coke glass!! You're a -fancy- girl...so this is just the sort of thing I expect from you!!
I will try to put a greeny~drink together tomorrow.

What are you up to tomorrow?!
Old 01-05-2013, 08:30 PM   #586
Blabbermouth!!!

I know Kohls pants are expensive!!! The last bunch of pants I bought ML I went to an outlet mall to the Calvin Klein store, the pants were much nicer and were $30! I have also done well at JC Penney when they have a sale too!

Oh tomorrow we are having a nothing day! I made an executive decision since its the last day of break to have a fun day and I will finish up whatever needs doing around here on my days off.

Watchin a movie and playing on pinterest trying to find some good health food recipes
Old 01-05-2013, 09:27 PM   #587
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yepp, JC Penny's has their clothing priced right, and we should have stopped in over there, as it was on our way. Maybe next weekend. That's interesting about the Calvin outlet, having reasonably priced goods. I'd have never guessed that. I should see if there's one around here.

Oh, so you've thrown the law down on the fam...about *Sunday~Funday*!! Good for you!! That's the way to do it!! Make Fun a priority...cuzz all the other junk can/will wait.

Movie watchin', huh?! Yippee!! Whatcha watchin'?

One day...within about a week, I know I'll be regretin' this...but for today...I have pretty piggies w/ a thick top coat of the BIG~Chuncky colorful Glitter!! OOooOoohhh, prrrrettty!!
Stayin' up late catchin' some UFC fighting.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:38 PM   #588
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh man...the glitter will get ya everytime!!!! It really does suck you in doesn't it!?

Huh...never watched UFC fights, used to watch regular boxing before they started charging and making all the good fights pay per view

Oh we are watching pure cheesy ....Anchorman. I LOVE Will Ferrell but this one is pretty cheesy!
Old 01-05-2013, 10:01 PM   #589
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL...Will Ferrell!! He's one of my faves too...very-very much!! Night at the Roxbury and Blades of Glory!!

We specifically got this satelite package for the Fuel channel...as that's where all the UFC fights are. It's the stuff I'm/we, are most crazy about, cuzz of the mixed martial arts. Whole lotta Awesomeness there!!

Yes, I've been lured in by the big chunks of sparkle!! Ya know part of that is due to the show off ~ bragger that made it pretty clear that they just throw caution to the wind, where the Large Glitter pieces are concerned & they wear them anyway!!
Old 01-05-2013, 10:30 PM   #590
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

<---That one has to go to bed.
I hope you get Good sleeps and I'll see you tomorrow!!
Old 01-06-2013, 07:17 AM   #591
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning!!

I played hairdresser this morning on the Hunk, with the clippers & hacked off the equiv of a baby alpaca. So he's in good shape now for bit. I had let it go...for a few months. I suggested we put him on a monthly maintenance *Spa* plan & jot it down on the calander...just to keep him in good working order. He's down!!
He looks so especially handsome with shorrrrt hair. *Swoooonage*

Alright, next up is for me to search out pretty!! I'm stokered over my sparkle~pigs!! They're flashy!! Oh wait...some might even say they're a bit *Tacky*!! YAH!!
The Hunks making -Mock- fried egg sandwiches w/bacon & cheese, for breakies.
I guess the plan is that we're gonna head out a bit early, and go peruse the churches book store. They were having big discounts in December, but I was too illin' to do anything about it. I'm hoping they're still reduced. There's one book in particular that I'm crazy about & would like to get more copies of, to share.
Afterwards...for a field trip, we're gonna pop back in to Walmart. It's been so long since we've shopped there...that it's rating kinda high on the -fun places to visit- chart.

So it's *Sunday~Funday* at Lotyville today!! What's on the Fun agenda?!
Old 01-06-2013, 09:04 AM   #592
Blabbermouth!!!

Holy crikey! Maybe you can use the alpaca clipppings and knit something!

I am planning on giving mine a trim and a dye tonight!

So....I am not sure on this smoothie thing I am going to keep playing but whoa....bogus!!!!

Kids made granola bars this am. Mr. Loty is not terribly thrilled with the new and improved eating plan I left out the toast with his breakfast and he is pouting Whatev!

stay away from Wally World!!! You lived without it this long! But dang it they do always seem to have what I am looking for

I think the Sunday~Funday is bowling We are all just sort of getting around to getting ready now so it will be a bit before we're ready to leave but thats the plan Stan!
Old 01-06-2013, 09:05 AM   #593
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh weighed in this am, first time since before the holiday madness I think.

Back to 218 but was expecting worse so its ok.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:08 PM   #594
Blabbermouth!!!

Hello, hello, hello!!!

Well Sunday~Funday *almost* didn't happen! I had one BRATTY 10 year old today!!!! I think all the staying up late and being out of routine has gone and made her lose her marbles! Got that little one straightened out though! Even an apology email....weird! ML had to get involved at one time and he does NOT like raising his voice or temper at them AT ALL!

So I stink at bowling hardcore but it was fun Then came home, made bread, yummmy soup for the week, and dinner was really good lasagna roll ups. Wondering if you couldn't make them with your cream cheese pancake batter Just try to cook a long 2 inch wide one on a griddle and use it as a noodle....hmmm something to ponder on!

Made this soup for my lunches for the week. Its pretty yum! I made like half a batch though, this recipe is huge! I did not add caraway..didn't have any. And i used roasted canned dice tomato. Oh and I did not simmer as long as she did, only about an hour.

(copied from PG)
Wanda's Cabbage Roll Soup

1 large can tomato juice
1 bunch fresh dill
2 tsp caraway seeds
2 lbs browned ground beef or ground turkey
3 cartons low sodium chicken broth
2 onions chopped
1 whole bunch celery (this is an important ingredient!)
3 cans diced tomatoes
1 head cabbage

I brought the contents to a boil and then reduced the heat to low and let it simmer from morning until dinner.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:26 PM   #595
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What-What-What?! Lasagna roll ups?! What a Crazy-Awesome concept!! YUM!!
What a cheffy you are!! Homemade goodness at the Loty's!! Does the fam enjoy the soupage & bread...or is that more your chow for the week?
I tried one of the new frzn. Atkins dinners this afternoon. It was the Beef & Broccoli in Merlot sauce. It was SOOOO GOOD & tasted like it was true quality. Those are spendy, no doubt...but would be terrific in a crunch. I don't foresee stocking my freezer with them though...as I have plenty of time to Betty Crocker out over here.
Your cabbage roll soup sounds really good!! At first glance it reminded me a bit of the *old-school* style cabbage soup, in that it had the cabbage and tomato. I'm bettin' that's tasty stuff!!
I hear ya on havin' a hard time with the green shakes. It could be that your soup ideas turn out to be the best way to get the nutrition in...in lieu of shakin' it.
Did the Little's enjoy their granola goodness?! Poor ML...on foodie restrictions!! Him no likey!!

An apology email, huh? Boo on the acting out & requiring the folks to lay down the law. Yes, maybe -somebody- is in need of their schooling structure back in place. Hopefully that straightens that out, on the pronto!!

Most excellent that y'all got to have your Family~Funday today!! Bowling is pretty fun stuff. I stink at it too...very much.

That's Great that your scales didn't have too much smack talkin' to do on you!! Mine are pizzed. 212. I'm feeling well enough that I can start requiring more of myself now...so come tomorrow, I will resume treckin out to Nebraska. By the looks of things, I best get my hustle on with that!!

Yes, maybe I should knit the Hunk an alpaca hat!!

Did you end up doin' your hairdo tonight?

I'll ship another note over in just a couple minutes. Probably nearing the smiley quota on this on.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:00 PM   #596
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

CT traveled with us today to church it out. -Someones- breath was as rank as catsnitt. I thought I'd throw up. Offered some gum...but that was declined. I should have said something ...but didn't wanna put her on the spot in front of anybody...even just the Hunk.

Got my books ordered up before services started. We made a bee line for Walmart right after church. I messed around in the makeup section...found some new things to wonder about, and Rob checked out their work pants. He found a couple.
He's so funny. He said he thought we should return, in the really early morning hours, when it's not so crowded, on the first day of his vaca, next week. Ummm, ok?? That'll be OUTSTANDING!! Straight up riveting!!

So we finally got home...took naps and then I plowed into a Cinnamon Muffin makin' project, for Hunky to share at work tomorrow. The vendor that was all appreciative the other day, when we ran into him...continued to rain down praise & graditude when Rob & he met again...and he asked for more goodies...jokingly. Well, I'm easy. THAT easy. So, 2 dozen special goodies, individually wrapped in parchment, and in their own happy/colorful little penguin baggies. And a special little love note to the sweet fellow.
I'm tired of playin' in the kitchen now!! TIRED of it!!

Whoazer...it's bedtime. Okeedoke...that's where I'm headin'.
I'll catch you tomorrow. Is it a regular worky day tomorrow?
Old 01-07-2013, 08:01 AM   #597
Blabbermouth!!!

WOWZA!!! You were up late again!!!! I see a nappy nap in your future today!!!

on the stinky fire breather! Nothing worse than that!!! How very nice of you to not say anything! You have way more tact than I do!

I may have to look at those meals. Might be something to consider keeping in the freezer at work in case I am stuck here. I am trying to pack a lunch though and be better organized! It really is a sabotage to not be prepared!!! Even got up at 3:30 and packed ML lunch today! Which is totally stupid really. I baby him more that the kids They pack their own lunch...don't ask...I don't know! I have just accepted that he will always be my *problem child* It wasn't exactly fancy eats either! PB&J on homemade bread. He even eats like a kid! That is his favorite lunch...would eat it every day of the week! I was going to pack leftover lasagna but I have just enough left for dinner tonight so I don't have to cook! Oh and BTW I did not make that up! I saw it on pinterest I really like it though. Its like they are already portioned out and easy to scoop out of the pan! We have to come up with a way for you to make them!
Brought soup in for me and the boss lady. Yup the soup is all mine! The bread....the fams can have! I found a recipe that was super super easy!!! So it won't be any trouble at all to keep up with the homemade stuff!

Oh I bet that guy is totally excited for his goodies today!!!!!!!! Let me know what he says!!!! Ahh...how nice a love note even!!!! That was really nice of you!!! You get a gold star for today!!!
Old 01-07-2013, 08:13 AM   #598
Blabbermouth!!!

Nope didn't do my hair, I am thinking the logistics of me putting in my own highlights at the back of my head are dang near impossible! Going to call a place today for pricing. It was the old beauty school and they closed the school but some of the students opened a salon in the same building and supposedly chage similar pricing. I just can't stand to spend so much on my hair! Frustrates me!!!

So I forgot a minor detail....I have to see MIL tonight

ML and I start our really titillating business law class tonight! Sort of forgot about that!!! Oh well, she will be in and out fast!!! I hope ML behaves in this class! Seriously I am a little worried. The instructor is a lawyer and I am almost positive ML will try to outwit him at some point. Uhg....maybe I won't even sit by him!!! Hopefully the lawyer is cool and doesn't come off as arrogant or it will be game on immediately for ML. He likes to try to outwit people at their own game...he is twisted...again don't ask, I don't know!!! All I know is *I* win in our little world ...thats all I need to know!

Yes!!!! We NEED to get back on it to get to Nebraska!! I have been awful! The kids have been taking Buddy out all week! I am sure I have a lot of snoring dogs at the house right now!!! I could tell they were getting worn out with the kids being home too! I could hardly get the boys to go outside today they didn't want to get out of bed!
Old 01-07-2013, 10:20 AM   #599
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

HI!!
Just runnin' thru real quick as I'm baking up Lunchies...loaded LC Pizza...inspired by the need for the flave of Lasagna!! I was hearing about it & needed to do something about it!! The Hunk will be pleased as punch about that!!

So Funny that ML, the problem child, gets special treatment!! Maybe he needs some little "Atta-Boy" stickers in his lunch pail too!!
In your defense...I've heard that kiddos are more likely to eat the lunches that they prepare/pack, themselves. I KNOW that's not true of our menfolk. They're all about convenience...and for them it's not convenient if they have to do it. I think that's very, very thoughtful of you to pack goodies for him...especially with all of the other things you have goin' on. I bet he really appreciates your efforts...especially when it's PB & J day!!

I think those Atkins frozen mealy goodies would be excellent to have on hand at work!! Very Good idea!! Have you seen them in your stores yet? We'd found that one that I had yesterday at Walmart.

Alright...I'll get this shipped out to ya & then I need to throw the lunches down!!
Catch up soon!!
Old 01-07-2013, 10:35 AM   #600
Blabbermouth!!!

Yum!!! Pizza! Do you use those dreamfeilds noodles at all? I have never but maybe once in awhile you can try them for a treat

Oh and...do you use coupons.com? Not sure if it is the same for everywhere but they had a $1 off of 1 atkin meal on there today! I will be able to double that! Yay!

Hope lunch was good! I had that cabbage soup...let the games begin!
Closed Thread