Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2012, 04:25 PM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
WOE: Atkins-Bernstien-High FAT
Start Date: 9/20/2001
Lotttty!! A quick Hi!! as I compose a *real* note over here to ya!! Might take me a few....I think I need to make some coffees & take my eyes out before I can sit back down & get started.

Back in a flash!!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2012, 04:30 PM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: lotus33
Stats: 220/214/130
WOE: smash up of a few
Start Date: 3-17-14

LOL i never put my eyes in today...... OMG THATS probably why the headache!!!! I hardly ever wear glasses all day!
Old 11-10-2012, 04:49 PM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I wonder if that is the reason for your headache!!

So as I'm jusssst sitting down, to put this note together, Rob asks, "So are you ready to start rearranging Marine World?"
I swear, these past couple days have been nearly non-stop, of -doing & doing-. Sooooo, because we have a couch sitting in the kitchen, blocking the fridge and laundry, I'm gonna have to postpone this note.

I hope to be back soon!!
Old 11-10-2012, 06:43 PM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well...I am still up

Had Ave put Buddy (Uncles dog) in the garage so that I could let Jack out of the crate he has been staying in and eat and go potty. He is in a crate because he attacked Buddy twice yesterday little turd! Anyway Ava didn't shut the door all the way and Buddy pushed the door open and came in and him and Jack came to an understanding in the kitchen all on their own! I walked in and they were just hanging out.

Pretend like they don't all have creepy glowing eyes!

OMG can you see Ava's leg? Of coarse she lives in her gymnastic gear these days! Anyway look at the size of that bruise on her thigh! She tripped going up a step and the edge of the stair hit her right in there! Its soo huge!
IMG_20121110_205136.jpg
Ends up being the biggest step of your life.
Tip toe if you must,
but take the step.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:08 PM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh poor Ava!! That looks horrible!! And HUGE!! Ouchie for her.
That's so funny about the pups comin' to -an understanding- in the kitchen, of course, and on the down low!! I hope the new friends continue to enjoy each others company!! Sounds like it could turn into a Good match. I'm sure that would stoke your Uncle out.
Did you already make your *sassy* water?! That looks really Good & fresh!! Will anybody else be helping you with it, or is that all on you to chug-a-lug?
Great news on your lb. down!! That's ROCKIN!! And I'm so proud of your hauling up & down those stairs so many go-zillion times!! Rock Star!! That must have had your heart pumpin'!! It sure would have mine!!
Sooooo Sweet & Awesome that you match made & now someone has a new person and vice versa!! I absolutely LOVE that!!
Speaking of new little love birds...how's your Grandma & Boo?

I'm so drained from these past couple days!! Too much of -real life- crept in!! Lots of running around, and notta lotta time at home.
We also helped Ma replace out her furniture set yesterday evening. I'm so whooped from lifting & packing those HEAVY couches!! Plus because of the awkwardness of the 5oo lb couch, I fell & ended up with a quarter of the couch on me, in the gravel...in the dark. I told Ma I'm gonna call CPS & tell them that she & Rob pushed me down & kicked me a few times.
Rob & I ran around town all day, came home...made tuna mix for dinner and then rearranged marine world, so we could slide our couch into there, as we took on Ma's old set. She didn't need a new set...her set is like new, but was ready for a change.
It's been snowing the last 2 days!! I haven't biked or gazelled at all.
Tomorrow could be a good day to get back into the swing of it all!! That's the plan!!

Piccy's...Zebra ottoman I had to have today and a boatload of Bacon & Sausage that Rob brought home for dirt cheap!! I think the Sausage was $1.25 and the Bacon a $1.50!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg zebra ottoman.jpg (34.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Sausage and Bacon.jpg (41.6 KB, 5 views)
Old 11-11-2012, 05:46 AM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh my gosh! Did you get hurt falling with a couch on you? Thats awful and..sort of funny

Great ottoman!!! SO cute!!! Is that the new couch?? Wasn't the other one blue as well? I see your work out area there! Thats something I cant do here. No room in the living area so its down in the basement. We have everything down there but the tv stinks! So I get bored!

WOW look at all that delicious pig!!!!! great sale!!! I got some on sale yesterday but it was 2 for $7 I would have stocked up on the sale Rob found for sure!!!!

Grandma and Boo are doing great. She did have one more meltdown and called my Uncle and was complianing that I tricked her but after that...she just adores him now! I actually have not gone back over there. Was giving it some time so she was good and hooked on him before I go back

Soo.. Weighed in at 217 today!!!! I know better to get too excited over the first 10 or so but it was nice to see it move. Gives motivation to stay the coarse!

Have to do a run through of the house this morning, team awesome is coming over to work on that project at noon yeah....not
Old 11-11-2012, 11:56 AM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So I am just

Uncle called and said he and Aunt didn't sleep all weekend. After all the pics I sent and them seeing Buddy so happy they want to know if we want to keep him. DH is like no! I am such a sucker though
Old 11-11-2012, 01:06 PM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Back from churchin' it up this morning. Got me a load of tireds now!!
What do you think is the thinking behind your Aunt & Uncle wanting you to take Buddy on full time? Is he an only child with them? Maybe they saw the photos & thought it would be nice for him to be part of a *family*?! I think I'd like for Mr. Loty to pleeaase have a change of heart!!

Are you puttin' on lunchie eats for the youngin's from -Team Awesome-, or is this strictly a *lets get thru this & getcha all outta here visit*?

I think it sounds like you've handled your Grandma & Boo's introductory period very well...in allowing them their bonding time & for her to overcome a little -melt down- time. Truth be known, she probably barely knows what she'd do without the big boy now.

No injuries from my couch pushing~fall assualt...other than the mental anguish, from enduring that level of pure brutality.
The couch you see in the ottoman photo is the sofa from Ma's. It's a really pretty teal'ish color...very cheerful. We have the love seat in the bay window area. I'll have to snap a piccy to show you. Our other set is a navy'ish blue. We left the reclyner in the living room, cuzz that's usually where Rob lounges. The large couch is what we hauled into Marine World last night. So far it's job is to hold all our extra blankets, that I haven't figured out how/or where to store. Well, I left one spot open for the *Train Conductor*, to sit back & marvel at all his glory, rollin' around on the train table.

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 11-11-2012 at 01:08 PM..
Old 11-11-2012, 01:13 PM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That is a SUPER Loss!! AWESOME job!!
Old 11-11-2012, 02:58 PM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Mr. Loty was hoping for a regular college bash! Ordered a bunch of pizza, donuts, chips, and strawberry daquiris! But our little party paled in comparison to the kids real parties. One was so hung over he didn't show and one showed up but was so hungover just sat in a daze! The other 2 were good but not a lot got accomplished!!! So much for *team* awesome! Looks like it the Mr. and Mrs. Loty show from now on!

Can't wait for pics of the finished room!!! Is Rob spending all his time in there playing? Hey how did you like your purple blanket? Was it awesome?

So talked to my Aunt and Uncle again. They really said they were not looking to get rid on him. I was like yeah right! You suckered me like I did to Grandma! LOL No I really don't believe they did. They were just looking for someone to babysit him while they vacation. The kids are having so much fun with him and he really is a dog for kids. He likes me and Mr. Loty ok but oh he loves the kids! And they know he likes kids a lot. It was really funny to listen to them talking, it was everything I went through with Bunny only he is actually a really good dog they just know he will have a lot more fun here. They are sad and my Aunt was crying but they said they travel so much anymore that they are gone about 3 months a year and he goes to stay with their son but its not a good environment. Uhg...I don't know! I really did not want to get another dog but he is really nice! And truth be told it would get me back in good graces with Ava. She is still mad at me

The conclusion we came to was to try him out for another week. Just to see how he is during the busy time not just a weekend when we are home a lot. Funny thing...while Dh and I were discussing it he changed the tv on to a music video station and Train-Drops of Jupiter was on. I started cry laughing...that was the song that was playing when I drove to the vet with my very first dog when she had to get put down. So it always reminds me of her! I am big on signs from the beyond so it sealed the deal for me, like I was getting approval from her, but told DH we would see how it goes. He is just like...uhg..whatever. As long as he doesn't have to do any work.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:05 PM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlKickinIt View Post
That is a SUPER Loss!! AWESOME job!!
Thanks!!!!

Hey you have lost a ton!!!! I never noticed your stats really before. Thats really an amazing accomplishment! How did you do it and how long did that take you?
Old 11-11-2012, 05:24 PM   #42
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ewww, dangity-dang-dang!! It ticks me off when mid post...the whole thing vanishes!! Had to take a brief anger management break!!
Alright, where was I?! Oh yah, your little frat party...it sounds like it would have been a lot of fun!! Too bad the lazy little heathens weren't prepared to have a good time or study!! It was sure nice of you two to -host- the visit.

Buddy's future in the Loty~household sounds promising!! I bet he's having a blast, hangin' with the kiddo's, playing and being a part of the family. I think your Aunt & Uncle are right. I hope his -trial- period continues to roll along smoothly. I believe in signs too. Your story of driving to the vet with your 1st pup... That's so hard.

Rob only hangs in the *Train room~Marine World* when he has something he needs to do in there...like sketch out the terain onto his cardboard template, or reconfigure the tracks, as he adds to it. So a little here & there. If he's not actively workin' on a project around here, then he's usually hangin' in his reclyner, on a train forum, stamp forum, bible forum, post card sendin' forum... or watchin' some sorta action/sci-fi show. That's his -lay low fun-.

Oh my stats... Up until last year, that current goal read 134. ONE-THIRTY-FOUR!! From 278. I lost it all on Atkins and Berntstein towards the end. THEN, I started taking insulin. Within 10 days...I gained 20lbs...and kept on gaining, and gaining and gaining. Devestating. My Endo doc & I have tried switchin' my insulins up and nothing has helped the pace at which I've been gaining. So, there for a time I limited and sometimes flat didn't take the insulin, so as to stop the crazy gaining. It works...and therefore really hard for me to not do , but it also takes me to the brink of death...and let go too long...maybe a week or so, will kill me. This has been the most unreal burden!! It's taken me to some very DARK, scary places. Sooo, that's why it's realllllly important that I keep a tight reign on my diet & gotta~gotta work out, so as to keep the blood sugars as low as I can, and therefore try to keep the intake of the insulin DOWN, as low as possible. Just over the last week, before this one, I'd gained another 5lb.'s. The whole thing is so exhausting!! AND maddening!!

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 11-11-2012 at 05:29 PM..
Old 11-11-2012, 07:19 PM   #43
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh yah, the Purple Fuzzy...it's Wonderfully soft!! It was described as being an -oversized king- blanket. They were sure right about that!! It could and may at some point, become a topper for the bed. It's a very pretty shade of dark purple. I'll have to get a piccy on here of it. Maybe tomorrow!!
Old 11-12-2012, 03:32 AM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The kids wolk me up for individual breaks to the out yonder loo...at about 3am'ish. I didn't foresee gettin' anymore sleeps, so I biked for 20min.'s. I was trying to be quiet. I guess quiet translates into slow too, cause I only got 2.63 miles outta that.
Ah well, it's more than couchin' it!!

Once the day gets goin' around here, I need to boil up some eggies. Maaaybe make 'em into devileds.

What are you up to today?!
Old 11-12-2012, 08:58 AM   #45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh my!!!! That would be so hard to deal with! There is no other meds you can take? Uhg what a total Well we need this then!!! Maybe the exercise and diet will really do wonders! Do others have success with doing that? I don't know anyone with diabetes. My grandpa had it but he had so much going on that I don't think that was even the worst of it. So I have no experience with how people deal with the meds like that. We will work together and get through it though!

I am tired! MIL txted me yesterday to bring her popsicles and to deliver them right to her at her apartment because she couldn't walk down to me to get them. So I called her right up and gave her a what for talking to! Sometime she plays the poor me card so I called and was a little brutal but needed to see if she was yanking my chain or actually sick. She was just going to wait till today and call her Dr. so I made her call the ER and ask them if she should go in...surprise they said go right in She has to self catheter to pee she her bladder won't work anymore so she gets infections a lot because she reuses her catheters and thinks that running them under water is cleaning them anyway she has been on antibiotics since friday but continued to get worse so DH took her to the ER at 5 and I relieved him at 9 because he had to work at 4 this morning. I stayed until 1 am and then left. They were admitting her so I really didn't need to stay she wasn't coming home.

I am at work now but leaving at 1:30 to go check on her before I get the kids. Then I am busy the rest of the evening so her daughter can take the night shift!

Before I go see her though I am going to run home and walk Buddy. We aren't used to having a dog that NEEDS exercise ya know Sunday goes around the block and is pooped and Jack is so small that he runs around the back yard a bit and then is good for a cuddle. So thinking .....maybe this is a new strategy for a reason to keep him He is forcing me to walk everyday whether I want to or not you can't have a big lab like that and not exercise him or it will lead to no good!

Oh and........Ava's birthday is tomorrow so I have to somehow make cupcakes tonight for her to take to school I have tomorrow off so I need to get a couple little things but told her she could go pick out a present this weekend. We have class Tuesday night so just doing a small dinner with just us and then something over the weekend more fun!
Old 11-12-2012, 09:01 AM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlKickinIt View Post
The kids wolk me up for individual breaks to the out yonder loo...at about 3am'ish. I didn't foresee gettin' anymore sleeps, so I biked for 20min.'s. I was trying to be quiet. I guess quiet translates into slow too, cause I only got 2.63 miles outta that.
Ah well, it's more than couchin' it!!

Once the day gets goin' around here, I need to boil up some eggies. Maaaybe make 'em into devileds.

What are you up to today?!
Oh my! Do you try taking their water away after a certain time? Maybe they would not have as many night time potty trips? I know you all get up really early but broken sleep like that is the pits!!! I get real cranky!

Good for you getting on that bike though! Wow inspiring to do that!
Old 11-12-2012, 09:38 AM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Todays inspiration

Old 11-12-2012, 09:40 AM   #48
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I always have so much to tell you!

The sassy water Very cucumbery and lemony. Sort of felt like I was drinking a candle or cleaning product! I think tonight I will try cutting it in half!
Old 11-12-2012, 02:52 PM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am trying to keep up with you!

35 min walk with Buddy this afternoon

30 minute walk with Buddy after dinner. But....really only 20 walking. We stopped at the park to play fetch with a ball.

Foot is feeling ok That dang pulled tendon on the bottom of my heal still hurts and has me hobbling whenever I sit for a bit
Old 11-12-2012, 04:22 PM   #50
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey, Great job on your walkin' work outs!! That's Awesome!! I bet Buddy really enjoyed it too!! I agree, with a boy his size...he's gotta get out & burn thru some of his -big boy- energy, in order to stave off any delinquent activities he might otherwise consider!!
Injured heel tendons take forevvvver to heal!! A fellow friend of mine tore his about a year ago. He'd just recently gotten into running for exercise, and Bam, tore that thing. He stilllll can't run, and is in pain much of the time even just walking. He's no wimp either!! He's doing all the right stuff for it, and still he's almost a YEAR into that injury, having to baby it. I think that's really good that you're doing what you can. Back off when you need to.
I can't get over how much you get done in a day & how many things you juggle in your day to day life!! You cram in a ton!!
Your MIL...ARG!! How frustrating to have to incorporate what seems like her self made problemos, into your already very full day!! I think it sounds very necessary to be firm with her, like it sounds like you are, when needed. Holy Canoly!!
I hope she's getting the care she needs at the hospital, in order for her to return home, healthier. She's very fortunate to have a family that rallies around her when she need/wants it. You're a Super DIL!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO LITTLE AVA!! Is she excited?! That's so Sweet that you're making her cupcakes. That makes the birthday extra special at school!! I send Rob to work with birthday goodies too.

This is the 1st of 2 novels. I'll be back in a jiff with some caffe' to begin the 2nd!!
Old 11-12-2012, 06:34 PM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I got hijacked outta here as soon as I set this thing down!! Rob decided that we needed to go get a FoodSaver, right that moment!! So off we went. Of course while we were out he wanted to grab some ice cream (low carb Bryers), and then it only made sense to grab a few groceries.
Ahhhhh, home.

Your suggestion on with-holding water near bedtime for the babies is brilliant!! I have NO idea why I never considered it. Wait...maybe because I'm ALWAYS soooooooooooo thirsty (because of the high sugars in my bloodstream), that I would NEVER think to restrict anyone of their water!! I'll have to give this some thought. It probably would work. Maybe I need to be wolk up in the middle of the night again, to lose some of my concern over their thirst issues!!

Your description of your *Sassy~Water* had me busting up!! The visual of you sipperin' away on your sassy little drink and then !!BLECK!!....candle/cleaser...YUCK!! So Funny!! This must be one of those less is more instances?!

So I took a piccy of the purple fuzzie blanket, but the camera makes it look like a super dark eggplanty color, and it's just really not THAT dark!! Misrepresentin' camera!!
And then a quicky piccy of the FoodSaver.
AND, a couple shots of the babies...sharing a cushy. This very rarely happens.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Purple Fuzzie.jpg (30.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg FoodSaver.jpg (27.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg babies.jpg (43.9 KB, 4 views)
Old 11-12-2012, 06:47 PM   #52
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh great! This has been since the middle of summer already! I ditched the heals and am doing the stretches that the Doc suggested but jeesh! Its the whole bottom of my heel and down the side of my foot. When I over use it or under use it hurts and I hobble around. But...the world doesn't stop for a sore foot

Went and saw MIL, had to yell at her a bit again. She keeps info from the Dr. Not sure if she thinks that if she hides it she will get out sooner or what. Tried to tell her the more pieces of the puzzle they have the easier it is to figure out what is wrong. She has the shakes so bad her whole body is convulsing and her BP is dropping to 80/35 guess because the stess of the infection on her

Came home got dinner and then Ava had gymnastics. But...I did get out of making cupcakes tonight! She asked if she could take them in on Wed instead because they have a substitute tomorrow. Heck ya!!!!

Eats today
B-coffee x2
L-I didn't have time Wasn't really hungry though, never skip it though
D-salad with chicken and another LC pizza thing-I these things! Its all toppings! And 4 donut holes

water and I did have a diet coke today

I add a bit of pizza sauce too........Mmmmmm want some now!!!!
My dinner tonight – Skillet Pizza!!! « Healthy Low Carb Living by: Amy Dungan

Last edited by lotus33; 11-12-2012 at 07:04 PM..
Old 11-12-2012, 06:58 PM   #53
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I get like that too! Want it, gotta have it, right now please!!!

You'll have to tell me if you actually *use* it! I always wanted one too but wasn't sure what all I would use it for! Great idea though!

Oh I that blanket!!!!! Is it really thick too? Looks sooo comfy!
Your pups look too cute on that bed together Do they not usually play together?
Did you move the couch again? Or do you have 2? You just worked in that area and got it all puppified a bit ago! Such a great window, I would love it!

I am sure your pups will be fine if you pick up the water like 2 hrs before bed. I would say take them for a good walk before bed too but no way no how would I do that so I can't suggest it!!! I am a big boob! Hi scared of the dark over here! I would think someone was going to jump out of the bushes and get me! In my little town that has a murder like once a year ! I even get nervous in my own back yard if its dark! Oh my this sounds rediculous.....maybe I should see someone about that
Old 11-12-2012, 07:42 PM   #54
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Whoa on your MIL's blood pressure!! Isn't that like pert near deathly low?! What do they do about that?! Yikerzz!!

That's Awesome that you get to postpone the cupcaking~baking for a day!! Clearly that didn't hurt your feelings none!!

Your dinner sounds totally DELISH!! I'm way gonna add Mozzarella & Pepperoni and pzza sauce to the grocery list & check that action OUT!!
I made Pizza goodness today too!! Mine seems way too involved after checking out that recipe that you're using!!
I had 1 diet coke as well!! Me = Copycatting, intuitively.

I'll certainly give ya an update on the consistancy/inconsistancy of the foodsaver usage over in these parts!! Like all new goodies, it's likely to be heavily used, at first. We'll see how/if that wanes. Rob scores lots of really good deals on meats from work. Our freezers are packed to the max!! I'm hoping with something like the saver, that we'll be able to ensure more freshness, than just relying on the thin packaging that some of it comes in. We'll see!!

Yup, that little couch snugged up in the bay window area is a kin to the larger sofa. I thought of you when we put it there, AND on Saturday morning, when it was snowing...that's where I lounged, sitting side ways, with both pups, a blanket, a cup of coffee and a snack mag. GREAT idea!!

I'll have to take a gander at the fuzzie blanket, real close, and figure out if it qualifys to be considered *really* thick, or not. It does have a nice heavyness to it. Other than the comforter & sheets of course, it's the only -blanket- on the bed, and provides plenty of warmth. I'm most impressed with it's softness!! It's unreal how soft that thing is!!
Old 11-12-2012, 07:52 PM   #55
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh yah, as for the kids playin' together...well their personalities are verrrry different. KiKi, the white girl, is very emo, and somewhat sullen at times. Very sensitive about everything. Ace, the black boy is just a real party boy, with a really happy~buckaroo energy. Things just roll right off his shoulder. So they both kinda do their own thing most of the time. They do like each other, and will sometimes pretend to bully & instigate play...just notta lotta.

I'm not gonna mention to these kids that you suggested a night time walk!! They'd be all over that!! Maybe when the temps begin to warm back up some!!
Old 11-12-2012, 07:53 PM   #56
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh that would be my spot for sure!!!! its a great little area! Those are the same blinds I have too. Only mine are the white ones.

You should try that pizza. I cook it till it gets all burnt-ish and crunchy so good!! i would like to try this cauliflower crust business I see around too one day.

Well I am hitting the sack! Lots to do tomorrow!

Hope your pups wake you up again tonight and talk some sense into ya!

Night!!!

ETA-just say your last post....you knew what emo was???? I am such a loser! LOL I just learned yesterday!!! I heard the kids saying something about it and had no idea what they were talking aobut!!!

Last edited by lotus33; 11-12-2012 at 07:55 PM..
Old 11-13-2012, 05:29 AM   #57
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!!! Have to check back in later! Took too long goofing around and have to take kids to school now!

Confession-when up with DH at 3:30 3 donut holes may fell into my mouth Still trying to figure that one out myself....
Old 11-13-2012, 08:18 AM   #58
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY little AVA!! What's on the menu for Birthday eats today?! OH, and what flavors are the cupcakies gonna be?! WANT!!

Got up with whitey last night, at 2:50am. Was thinking of you when I saw the clock, and cracked up. Kiki's first stop was to her water bowl, for a quick chug-a-lug, and then on to the great outdoors. Thankfully I was able to get right back to sleeps!!

That's funny that you JUST learned of emo!! I can't take any credit for being a hip~hipster though...cuzz I heard the term sometime ago, over & over, and it got the best of me, and I had to google it out to get into the know.

You *may* have had 3 doughnut holes?! YUM!! If there were doughnut holes around here...there would be NO *may* & certainly 3 would only work as a primer!!

So last night before crashing I measured the fuzzie!! Now we have details!! It's 3/4 inch thick. I think that may qualify for *thick*, but just barely...and forsure not *really* thick. They would sure make for nice gifts!! They were only charging like $9'ish dollars for their twin size. They have so many colors to choose from too. I'm thinking it would be great for a couch blanket!! We have an adult neice that I'm considering this for.

Up & choring this morning!! I'm making a layerd Mexi~Dip for lunchies today. For Rob it'll turn into Chippy~Tacos.
I brewed up some *Cinnamon Spice* oil/water mix on the stove...for some smell goods, but overdid the oil!! It's so overpowering, I could nearly pass out!! Ooops.

I hope your MIL is doing better this morning.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:15 AM   #59
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Kiki!!!!

Dropped kids off to school and came home to walk Buddy and took Jack along too so they can bond a little. I wore little tiny socks and they were rubbing on the back of my foot in the shoe and when I got home....both heels bleeding! I could feel it happening so I was walking a little weird like flat footed so as to not rub as much so now my shins hurt as well Loser!

Got a shower and went to see MIL. She improved a lot. BP up to 101/62 She has got to be THE MOST ANNOYING SICK PERSON EVER though!!

Then went to go to the store and realized I left my debit card in my pocket of the pants I wore yesterday because I didn't want to take my whole purse in to get the diet coke I was wanting. So had to come home and get it . Since I am home decided to have lunch.

So fun new diet tip.....put sand in your lunch and you lose your appetite! I had bought organic fancy shmancy lettuce.....washed it but full of grit I will stick with iceburg and romaine from now on!!

So you can see my day is goin just great!

Off to the store ....again...
Birthday menu is cheese stuffed shells and meatballs. Cupcakes are those party sprinkle kind....I will straight up trade you one for nachos and dip!!!
Old 11-13-2012, 10:24 AM   #60
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OKAY!! The Nacho~Cupcake trade is ONNN!! Any day!!

Oh man, your poor heels!! That's HORRIBLE!! I've soooo been there/done that, so many times. It's just awful!! Actually, I can't recall the last time mine bled...but really tore up and blistered. You poor thing. So how are you managing?! Did you bandage them? Neosporin them? Sometimes just plain ole air on them is good, when you're not having to haul around. Uggggh...that's rough. Wait, your shins too?! That's cuzz of your flat footed walking?! Oh good golly, I just got such a funny visual of your walk and what passerbys got to witness!! Winning!!
How did Buddy & Jack do with their joint-walk? Sounds like they could have been a little embarrassed by their Mother & her shuffling ways.

Oh boy, you're too funny!! Then there's your gritty non-edible salad & no coke!! You're day is NOT going as planned!! Or smoothly!!
Maybe things will turn around when ya cozy up with the cheesy stuffed shells and meatballs!! I think that might do it for me!! That sound very gourmet of you!! Wowzer!!

Does your MIL get especially *needy* when she's ill? She's already shown that she's not afraid to be demanding about it!!
Hang on!! It can't & won't last forever!!
Closed Thread