Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 09:50 AM   #541
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
WOE: Atkins-Bernstien-High FAT
Start Date: 9/20/2001
Oh Loty, that's so hard. You guys are so likeable & fun to be around!! They wanna keep on having a good time!! No joke...it's clearly true...people wanna be around you guys. -Somebody- better carve out some down/lay low time, asap.
I've gotta throw down the lunchies & then we're gonna be brave (SCARED) and see how far we can get with our shopping ventures.

I'll check back in when we get back!!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2013, 06:08 PM   #542
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yiker'zz, that must have been quite a party/visit!! Knocked ya right out? I hope maybe you're taking some down time & recouping from all your funs.

Welp, the brave ones lived to tell about it today!! We headed to the next town over, Bend, and shopped it out a bit. We only had a limited amount of time, as we had to get back to pick the Hunk up from work. We opted to do that, rather than dig CT's car out of the garage for him to take.
We hit Petsmart for the kids canned goodness, greenies and some duck meatie strips.
BBB, for a return. World Market for me to wonder about the spendy knobs, in person. Still couldn't get excited to part with that much dough...even in person. We passed my $10 off $30 to a Dude in line. He was stokered!! Oh yeah, not before I nearly slipped in the dishes dept.!! I did the half splits, reached my hand out to catch my fall, onto one of their shelves, LOADED with glassware...CT screamed bloody murder, outta shock of what was goin' down...and somehow...I avoided falling/causing anything to fall.
Went to JC Pennys, for another return. Tried to go to Trader Joe's but they were closed for the Holiday. Then we headed on over to Shopko. More returns. Lastly, we stopped in over at Fred Meyers.
The crocked corn beef turned out good. I didn't get a chance to throw the veggies in though...so will need to use those some other way...soon.
My main mission today was to track down a birthday present for my step-ma. No luck. I will need to go trecking again tomorrow...as I really want to get it out in the mail right away, so that it arrives in time. Whatever -it- becomes!!

Just wolk up from a nap here...had some coffee, and watched America's Funniest Home videos with the fam.

What are you up to?! How are you feeling?
Old 01-01-2013, 06:26 PM   #543
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
Stats: 220/214/130
WOE: smash up of a few
Start Date: 3-17-14
Hellllooooo!!!!

So run down of the events...

Last night was fun! We had 8 adults and the 3 kids so not too bad. ML's friend did stay over so we put him in Gracies room. I had striped the bed and washed it just in case... good thing! BIL and SO slept on the couches and the 3 kids all slept downstairs. The other people left at around 1 am and we all were in bed by 2. Was a good night though.

Then today I got up about 8:30 to start fixin breakfast. ML's friend left before we ate but then I had SIL and DB (lol) and MIL all arrive again about 10, thought they were coming later in the afternoon so was glad I was just fixin pancakes and sausage for breakfast!! Made 2 huge platters of pancakes with sausage and homemade fresh blueberry sauce/compote type stuff Had lots of leftover from the night before so just put everything out again and got the crock pots going and we all snacked all day long. So everyone was going to go home around 2 ish but we ended up playing cards until about 6:30 by the time we said good byes and blah blah and I took the little girl home it was 8. Then ML and I busted out cleaning the kitchen and the girls put the house back in order and now everything is done! Just have to go through and do a normal clean of the floors and wipe bathrooms again but shoot...thats gonna have to wait till tomorrow!!! I am pooped!
Everyone was pretty well behaved. DB didn't put his phone down the whole time but thats typical. SO had one little spot of bed behavior.She is very pouty when she doesn't win so was getting a little testy but overall everything went well!

We have 1 more event and then done for awhile! We always put on an end of season party for the basketball team. That is this Thursday. I can rent the clubhouse with the indoor pool that is at one of the properties that the management company I work for owns. I get it for free so ...whoot!! Anyway pool party and snacks from 7-9. I am getting burnt right out on all this stuff! So much work!!!!

Would love to stay and chat more but I am sooooo dang tired!! I am going to go to bed!

Have a great night!!!!
Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction
Ends up being the biggest step of your life.
Tip toe if you must,
but take the step.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:26 PM   #544
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hiya!! Just wolk up from a much needed nap!! Back in just a few for a -real- note!!
Old 01-02-2013, 05:35 PM   #545
Blabbermouth!!!

Well I came in here feeling all guilty that I wasn't able to check in at all today I was so busy.....but looks like we both had busy days!

I had to work today and was on the go all day, pulled into the drive and honked for the kids to get in. Ava had an eye appointment. Her glasses broke about 2 weeks ago and she has been wearing Gracies old pair. She got really cute purple leopard print ones then ran to a few stores and let them spend some gift cards. Then out to dinner with MIL in tow

I have tomorrow off and am going to sleep in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even going to bed early last night was no help! I could have slept all day today! I think TOM is still a little messed up. Just ended today, doesn't that seem long??? Maybe not I forget when he started this visit. Guess I could go through the thread and find out. All the crappy carbs are sure to be a factor in the tireds I have too!! Today was no better had every intention of being good but when I got to work the maintenance guy had made homemade cinn rolls and had one on my desk for me. OH EM GEE! I didn't want to hurt his feelings! Then I didn't eat until dinner, just no time. Had a steak, veg, salad....but then had a preztel and some chips and dip

Beyond that nothing much exciting happened today, so thats good! I do have to pay some bills but will wait till tomorrow. Maybe the rest of the night I will see what I can't come up with for us for a very beginner work out routine!!!! Wasn't that the *plan*
Old 01-02-2013, 05:36 PM   #546
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlKickinIt View Post
Hiya!! Just wolk up from a much needed nap!! Back in just a few for a -real- note!!
Well don't great minds think alike!!! We both got to check in the same time

for getting a nap!!!!! And slightly jealous!!!!!

Oh.....I like your crazy ninja cat %1000 better than the nasty ogre!!!!
Old 01-02-2013, 06:32 PM   #547
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My goodness your MIL just doesn't quit!! That's a whole lotta face time, in a row!! Do you finally get a MIL day off tomorrow too?!
What a Martha Stewart you are, cooking up a storm for breakfast the day after the party, for everyone!! Including your fresh homemade blueberry compote!! See, aside from the Loty's sparkling/fun personalities....this is another draw for folks!! No wonder you have to kick peeps out!!
It cracked me up that there was a little swatch of bad behavior by the SO!! I've seen folk...(the Hunk), get real put off by not being the winning winner that wins...but I just can't even kinda wrap my mind around how that -gets- to a person!! But, he ticked me off real good with the poor sportsmanship, years ago, while we were on a camping trip, and playing Monopoly...so I gave the game away. It had been one of my faves...cause I was Goooood at it!!
So you have ONE last party to put on, tomorrow!! What kinda snackies are you puttin' together?! That sounds like it'll be a fun time!!
Sounds like the Little's got to have fun spending their Christmas loots!! Ava's frames sound totally adorable...something I'd like to sport!! That's something on my agenda for this new year...new glasses. Gonna have to find some cool lookin' frames somewhere.
As for your *start* date w/Tom...I thought we both started on Christmas morning. Iffin's that's the case for you...then you'd be at about 8 days. I was done & over with after 2'ish days. Didn't use to be that great...used to be a whole lot like your sitchy...but then just resolved itself...all on it's own.
That's so AWESOME that you're planning a sleep in tomorrow morning!! Good for you!!

Throw down somemore notes in a seperate post. I'm afraid I'm gettin' up there with my smiling offenses!!
Old 01-02-2013, 07:04 PM   #548
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I left outta here earrrrly this morning!! I took Rob to work just before 6am, and then headed down to Bend...our next town over. This time all by myself...so I was really able to concentrate on my shopping for my step-ma's birthday goods & quickly hop around from store to store. We had freezing fog all day today!! That's the coolest thing ever!! The fog freezes and looks like crystals or diamonds floating around. It was sooooo pretty in the trees and in the air. Bee-uti-full!!
So after stopping at a handful of stores...I was able to pack up the Birthday box & ship it out!! She'll be totally stokered with her gifties.
I was a smidge late picking Rob back up from work. I got stuck behind an old gal with comprehension issues at the pharmacy, while I was trying to pick up my -shoot 'em up needles-. I stopped over at Redbox, and picked the Hunk up a *Dude~Flick*. It's called Looper. I know nothing about it...but it's fixing to play in about 15min.'s. After I grabbed him from work, we bopped all over town, just running blah-blah errands. We ran into one of the vendor folks that Rob works with occasionally. He was such a sweetheart!! He had been the recipient of some of my own Martha Stewart-ship, some time ago. I'd made some very ~fancy*gourmet~ muffins & packaged 'em all up like they were from a super special bakery. He went on & on about what that meant to him & how it stuck with him, cause it was so clear to him how it was made with such love...and what a hard time he'd been going thru when he received the goodie package & how that really helped restore him. Oh my gosh!! Guess who's just insured they remain on the goodie list?!
So, within about 5 minutes of walkin' in the door...we both fell into naps....for like 2 hours!!
Don't you ever worry yourself & get all guilted out about not being able to catch a break & get over here!! Yeah, just don't do it!!

I need to do a fresh pink & glitter mani and pedi...soon!!
I think I'm happy about something else...but I can't recall specifically what it is!!

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 01-02-2013 at 07:08 PM..
Old 01-02-2013, 07:47 PM   #549
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlKickinIt View Post
I think I'm happy about something else...but I can't recall specifically what it is!!
Well if ya ever figure it out...let me know!!!! Now I am curious!!!

Well you were a busy little beaver today!!!! I can't even pretend to want to function at that time of the day!!! Its nice to just go solo sometimes isnt it!

You know isn't it nice when people appreciate what you did for them! What a good story about the muffin man!!!! Such a little thing stayed with him and he stills talks about it!

Oh well now I am outright jealous!!! 2 hr nap and a cuddle nap at that! I had to get up earlier than ML today and was almost late for work cause of the cuddle factor! He was sleeping and rolled over and threw an arm and a leg over me and I didn't want to move and just barely made it to work. Only way I did was I just took a quick shower and skipped washing my hair Speaking of hair..... I need a dye job BAD! My sparkly hairs are getting a little out of control! I have some here but just need to find the time! Maybe this weekend I better have a beauty day! Hair, wax, pedi...yup i think that is just what is needed!! I would love to get a cut but tryign to grow out my hair so it is easier to put up for the wedding since she wants updo's. I had JUST cut it from SIL and DB wedding after growing it out for theirs, when these two got engaged! I really prefer about a shoulder length slightly inverted bob. Not real popular anymore but I still like it

I do not know why people get their panties in a bunch over a game!!! Super funny! It makes the whole situation a little awkward though!

I tried to find a pic online of her glasses but no luck. I will take one tomorrow, they are cute! Do you wear them everyday? I only wear them sometimes during the day but at night I do to read in bed. I can only see for about 6 inches in front of my face with out them! I downloaded Peter Pan to read in light of all the talks recently! Have never read it so it should be fun! I have to get out of my rut of just trashy romances....yeah I think a childrens story should do! I try to read *sophisticated* things but blech.....can't do it! ML reads all sorts of things, he has read a lot of classics but NOT because he is interested at all or feels the need to be all fancy. He has higher alternative motives for it. He reads these old books in case it is ever a category on Jeopardy Oh my road scholar!!!!!! He is a Jeopardy genius though! He is full of completely useless facts!!! He has one of those minds that just traps every bit of knowledge. He is the ying to my yang thats for sure!!!! Nothing gets trapped in my noggin!

Last edited by lotus33; 01-02-2013 at 07:49 PM..
Old 01-02-2013, 07:52 PM   #550
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh yeah....MIL free day tomorrow!!!

Pool party will not be big on food! Just drinks and a few snackies. Cookies and chips probably! Its from 7-9 so I really don't think they need to eat! I did it that late and specifically said *after dinner* so as not to have to provide a full on meal!
Old 01-03-2013, 07:37 AM   #551
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning!! Ahhhhh, a MIL free day!! There is a God!!
I hope you're able to get your extra good/long sleeps in this morning.
Yippee for your plannings on a *Beauty~Spa* day over the weekend!! I think that's a super great idea & might help ya feel all extra purdy and refreshed.
I love the look of the inverted bobs!! Iffin's I could wear it...I would!! My mop is mostly naturally curly & very independent.
Are you still considering infusing your -do- with highlights, as well?
Cuddle time with the man...even if somewhat involuntary, and untimely, is a good thing.
I think you're right...a childrens read should be just the cure you need, to get you unhooked from your wiley-ways!!
That is such a crack up about your jeapardy boy!! I wonder what it takes to get a shot at the show? I'd guess that a person would have to get themselves out to the studio...LA maybe, on their own, if they were invited out. Who knows?! That could be something totally fun though, for him...if he ever did get his shot!!
I hear ya on being the yang to the brilliant ying.
That was a really bright idea to make sure to specify that the little eats, that were gonna go down at the pool party, were indeed -after dinner- nibbles. I wouldn't think folks would expect/want to be eating heavy meals at a pool party anyhow...with the old -swimming cramp- concerns. Will you be a swimmer this eve too?!

Yes, if I'm shopping with -intent-, I MUCH prefer to do it on my own. MUCH. For now...I'm shopped out!! However I am considering keepin' my eyes out to replace my cross necklace. I bought cheeply last time...and it's showing now...

I'm totally planning to stay in today. The whole day is earmarked for cleaning. That reminds me...is your -girl friday- coming this week?

Tomorrow (8am) is dental~time, for supposedly the last filling. I need to locate some macho-courage between now & then!!
Old 01-03-2013, 09:04 AM   #552
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes MIL free today!!! Whooot! And....I slept in! Its a great day!!!

ML is off and we are tearing down christmas So sad. Also have planned menus and shopping lists for the next 4 days. Also going to try to go back to my old ways of making everything from scratch. I always did and then the last couple years just haven't. So new years resolution focus on what I am feeding the fams. Maybe I am just feeling cruddy from all the junk from the last 2 weeks.

Also going to start using that dang nutribullet I keep wanting to implement a green smoothie in the mornings. I am just being lazy so this year is all about making good habits and having them stick!!!!!
Old 01-03-2013, 04:31 PM   #553
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm so Glad you got the extra sleeps in today!! That's Awesomeness!!

You inspired me...and I packed up our Christmas goodies, except the lighted deer. I'm not ready to rush him outta here yet.

Your plannage for scratch cookin' is EXCELLENT!! Your whole family is going to benefit from that...both in the short term, in how they feel on the right now...and long term, health-wise. I can't wait to hear about your cooking ventures & maybe get some new *Loty* inspired recipes!!

What do you have in mind for the making of your *green shake* makin'? Recall that -nearly dead- video? That fellow, Phil Stanley, made his regular green goodness by using;
1 bunch Kale
4 stalks Celery
1 Cuke
2 Granny Smith Apples
1/2 Lemon
Ginger Root (not sure of the amt.)

I bet this is GOOD!! I'd love to chug that...but would have to eliminate the Apples, or I'd have to shoot up to combat the sugars...totally defeating the purpose. I -could- make myself drink it, minus the apple. So, if ya wanna try it...I'll try it with you. Hey, this reminds me!! I have some really disgusting Green shake-super power vita mix in my cupboard. I should bust that back out!!
Have you ever tried using Kale in any of your dishes? Once upon a time, after seeing that lots of folks here on the board were trying it...I roasted up some salted-evoo'ed fresh Kale...in hopes that it would be a great chip sub. From what I recall, it was ok. I'm wondering though...if Kale would be good steamed...ya know, like Spinach?

Ahhhhhh!! Do you smell that Pine-Sol?! I've been a -cleany- today!!

What's Loty's day been like?!

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 01-03-2013 at 04:42 PM..
Old 01-03-2013, 04:39 PM   #554
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

*Important update* Steaming of the Kale has been done & people have lived to jot their recipes down. So, Kale is going on my list, and beings I'll be that far into the game...I'm gonna pick up the other ingredients for the shake makin's too. You let me know if you're feeling brave & we can attempt to coordinate our chugs!!
Old 01-03-2013, 07:02 PM   #555
Blabbermouth!!!

Helllloooo!!!!

Well we lived through the basketball pool party! Just brought an assortment of chips and cookies (store bought GASP) LOL The kids had fun though!

rock on for getting your christmas thingys packed up too!!! We did 3 trees and all the extra stuff, left the big tree up till Sat as I ran out of time! Oh and I still have to take down the lights outside but thats no biggie...especially since we still have no snow

Other than that and a few chores and errands this afternoon that was it for Lotyville today. Mr. Loty has run off to man date night and I ended up bringing an extra kid home with me so they have gone and hid so its just me and the furries chillin on the couch

Going to spend the night researching this green experiment! I wanted to pick up a few things today but just plain ol ran outta time! I would for sure love the company and do a joint effort in this!!! Want to start on Sat???? What kind of machine do you have to do this with? I have that super power blender so its not a juicer as much as it will make a green smoothie. Eeeeewwww we have to come up with a name better than that!!!

On a bonus ...I have read that the green juice is great for combating diabetes! I have only had kale in soup. I bought some to try that roasting thing but never made it and ended up throwing it in the trash. I am intrigued by it though and will pick some up. Seems to be a super food, I keep coming across it in all the juicing recipes!
So whats in this green drink mix you have??

Yes, I have been getting some great recipes on pinterest for breads. I used to make everything from scratch but then I went back to work and stopped. Truth be told though it doesn't take that long to whip up some bread or snacks. The benefits far outweigh the bit of time doing it. We don't eat a lot of processed food but do go through a lot of bread, cereal, and granola bars. So those will be the first things tackled!
Old 01-03-2013, 07:57 PM   #556
Blabbermouth!!!

Looked for some recipes but my eyes are heavy I guess They keep shutting

Good night!!! I gonna hit the sack and have green smoothies dancing in my head
Old 01-03-2013, 08:12 PM   #557
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Heya!!

I take it you didn't do any laps or backflips tonight?! That's Great that the kiddos had such a good time!! Gained another youngin' huh? Awesome how they can occupy one another, when a new one is thrown into the mix!! Awwwe, furry~baby couch time!!

Okee-doke, we'll shoot for a shakeage on Saturday. I'll pick up the goods tomorrow, after the dental spa appt. So, I'm thinking I'm gonna pick up 3 batches of Kale. 1 for shaking-1 for steaming-1 for roasting "chips". This will be a good run of Kale experimentation. I have a juicer and a blender. For this go around...I'm gonna use the juicer. I think.
The -green- blecky powder I have now is by Garden for Life. It's packed of all kinds of green super-food goodness. It tastes VILE!! So I take it at half strength. I chugged it this eve.

MMmmMmm, I bet you'd be able to put out some really tasty granola bars...pretty easily...especially if you're able to use raisins or currents or dates!! Oh man...YUM!!

I was planning to get at least my mani taken care of this eve, so as not to go to my morning appt. all tore up lookin'...but it's so near my bedtime now & I'm so tired. So, I'm not gonna!!
Old 01-04-2013, 01:33 PM   #558
Blabbermouth!!!

TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Home from work, I don't even want to talk about it!

How is your day so far??? How did it go at the *spa*????? Hopefully great! I know you don't love to go!

I am trying to decide what to do the rest of the night. I have to wait until this girl gets picked up but that should only be about 1/2 an hour. I have dinner already done by mistake I had made chicken yesterday but it wasn't done before we had to leave so its for dinner tonight! I know I have to run to the grocery store, then I want to run to petsmart for a toy for Boo. I still need to go see my Grandma for Christmas. I never ever ever go over there if we are even a little bit sick! I don't want to be responsible for getting her sick!

I can't wait to start the new plan of shakes in the morning. Then its going to be soup for lunch and regular dinner. I need to dumb this down even farther! Will get some sort of a schedule done tonight as well for work outs! I am back to being super duper tired from all this carbage!
Old 01-04-2013, 01:41 PM   #559
Blabbermouth!!!

OH and big news..........last day I will see MIL for awhile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She watched the kids today for me but they go back to school on Monday so no more MIL!!! Sweet!!! i am in a pickle with her! I still need help with the kids but good grief she has no sense in her head at all!!! Such as today....she let the kids eat cereal at 11 and so since it was so close to lunch she let them not eat lunch and just have pop and puppy chow at 1 and counted it as good! Granted the kids should know better but she pushes the junk food. I can't even tell you how many times they came home from an evening at her house and threw up during the night because .....well ice cream is dairy, chips are essentially veg, oatmeal cookies are good for your blood and digestion.....you get the pic. Grrr.......she makes me nuts!!!!

I have talked to her NUMEROUS times...she doesn't get it. Losing battle with her. I have to work on the kids.

I am in a hateful mood towards her right now though so really nothing she would do will be right. I can't be around her this much!!!!! Soo glad for the break!

OK....rant over!
Old 01-04-2013, 01:55 PM   #560
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

"A Sweet, Mellow cabbage flavor". That's how the BAG of Kale is described!! I was all prepared to pick up bundles of Kale, as that's how I'd purchased it before. I had no idea that it was sold in bags, just like the pre-washed/prepped lettuces and spinach!! YIPPEE!! SCORE!!
Come tomorrow, I'm ready rock this shakeage OUT!! I even picked up the little piece of fresh ginger. I had to really rummage thru the bin...cause most of the pieces were BIG.

Gonna shoot this one out to ya & keep on writing...BRB!!
Old 01-04-2013, 02:30 PM   #561
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Got held up on the phone for a smidge, with the step-ma. Her birthday goodies were just delivered...and she's over the moon.

THANK Goodness that you're in line for a nice break from MIL!! That was sooooo much, marathon'ish back to back visits with her!! I think you're quite saintly for having managed that!! Straighten that halo, young lady...and take a deep breath....ahhhhhhh, it's came to an end, for a time.

What are some things you are considering to do with your -off- time this eve?! Are you at all thinkin' of any Spa~Time? I may take care of mani~pedi this eve.

My morning appt. went well. All of my dental work is done, aside from regular cleanings. I go every 3 months for that...but I only see the hygienist for it...not the dentist. I'm gonna miss him!! He's got such a fun personality & I aside from the freaker factor of having work done...I really enjoy our visits!!
I hauled over to Fred Meyers to knock out some grocery shopping, before grabbing Rob for lunches. That's where I found the bagged kale.
A nap probably went down around here, after the Hunk headed back to work.
Oh yeah, I found a lipstick, by Covergirl, that is showing some promise, in it's staying power. It's too dark for me though....like almost gothic-dark...so CT is trying it out for herself. I may go back out into the big world to see about some other MUCH lighter shades, later this afternoon/eve.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:15 PM   #562
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So after Rob came home from the works, we visited about our day over some coffee, then bailed outta here for the library. They had a book I *needed*/wanted...Liespotting...about lying liars that lie...and reading their verbal & body cues. I've read so many books on the subject, over the years...and never tire of it. psychohhhh!!
Then we drove by the ice skating rink...it was packed of peeps rollin' around!! Next was to a vision shop...for me to peruse their frames a bit. I picked up a lighter color lipstick while we were out & about and some more ACV.

Home now & chowed on angus dogs & sauerkraut for D.

Still haven't done a thing about my jacked up mani~pedi.

What about you?! What's your eve. been like?!
Old 01-04-2013, 07:00 PM   #563
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

This is Cute & cracks me up!!

Well that's a bummer!! I don't know how to make it bigger!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Still tacky.jpg (8.1 KB, 4 views)
Old 01-04-2013, 07:36 PM   #564
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh fun afternoon! Did you find some frames that you liked? I did not end up going out tonight. Just hung around with the fams.

i can't see that pic. Do you have a link?

Ahhh........your book choices are funnier than me only reading trashy romance! So you should be able to go work for the FBI or something as a lie detector or something with all that knowledge!

Oh jeesh....why do you have to go to the dentist every 3 mo? That stinks! But at least its just cleanings!

great find on the kale!!! So is it already cut up and everything? I have only bought it the one time so not even sure if thats an option at my store. Did you try cooking any tonight? I have to go to the store in the morning to get my greenies!!! Also some soup making supplies! A little excited about that.

I did a mani wed so I am good to go. Feeling really anxious or somthing about my hair though. I may hack at it a bit tomorrow! Maybe try to add those highlights myself!

Last edited by lotus33; 01-04-2013 at 07:38 PM..
Old 01-04-2013, 08:22 PM   #565
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh no, anxious about the hairdo & gonna start hackin' on it!! Is that a safe combo?! I hope your stripes turn out, iffin's you decide to do them!! I can totally picture them on you & think they'd look very *fancy*.

Hmmmm...the eyeglass frames. I don't know what to think. There are a couple I like about as well as I'd hope to, in that they're similar to ones I have...and some that are really cool, but concern me, because they have pretty little rhinestones that I'm just betting will fall off over time. A couple of the pairs that are real *FUN*, would probably only be faves if I had my pretty on...and much less so if I didn't...cause they're kinda -loud-. So...that leaves me all . I'm in no rush to figure it out, Thankfully. I am kinda wondering if I might wanna take some of my glitter polish to one of my 2 current frames...and do some touch-ups. Why not? As it is the frame I'm considering messing around with has chips of it's paint coming off. It doesn't look jacked up like it sounds...really. I think it might look pretty with some glitter.

Yepp, the bagged Kale is all chopped up/cleaned...no extra stems. Do you have a Fred Meyers? That's where I picked this up at.
Nope, I haven't gotten a chance to do anything with it yet. I can't wait though!!
What kinda soup are you gearing up to make?!

Yes, we have some funny choices for reads. I've always been fascinated by liars/criminals. I had went to college back in the day in hopes of going into corrections/probations...and I suppose I still just kinda dig that kinda stuff.

I'm a frequent flyer at the dentist, for cleanings, because of the diabetes. I just have to be super vigilant about keeping my gums/teeth in good condition...or I could end up with a load of trouble, with infections & my blood sugars drivin' higher because of it.

Hangin' in with the fam...without the extended fam, was probably really nice.

I'll see if I can figure out how to hook ya up with a link for the piccy. Good idea!!
Old 01-04-2013, 08:29 PM   #566
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LANG Desktop Wallpapers

I have this 2013 calender that also offered all these free wallpaper/desktop downloads. The one I'm using on my computer now is this cute one that is 2 rows from the left and down 4. FUNNY!!
Old 01-04-2013, 08:59 PM   #567
Blabbermouth!!!

That doesn't remind me of anyone I know!!!!
Old 01-04-2013, 09:06 PM   #568
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I thought you'd get a kick outta that!!

Alright...too much tired is on me. I gotta go throw myself in bed!!
I'll see you tomorrow!! Sweet dreams of shakes!!
Old 01-05-2013, 07:57 AM   #569
Blabbermouth!!!

recipes

Amounts need to be cut way back but some interesting sounding recipes
Never considered *soup* smoothies

Mediterranean Soup
Victoria Boutenko
3 cups spinach
3 stalks celery
1 sprig oregano
1 sprig thyme
1 red bell pepper
1 large avocado
1 cucumber
1 jalapeño pepper
1 lime, juiced
2 cups water
Enjoy with dulse leaves or flakes
Yields 3 quarts

Soup Gazpacho

Victoria Boutenko
3 leaves kale, stems removed
1 bunch basil
3 large tomatoes
2 stalks celery
1 red bell pepper
1 large avocado
1 lime, juiced
1 cup water
Yields 2 quarts

Thai Soup

Sergei Boutenko
2 cucumbers
1 large avocado
1 lime, juiced
3 cloves garlic
6 leaves curly kale, stems removed
½ teaspoon dried turmeric powder
½ inch fresh ginger root
2 cups water
Yields 2 quarts

Cucumber Dill-icious Soup
Valya Boutenko
2 cucumbers
½ bunch dill
1 large avocado
5 leaves dinosaur kale, stems removed
2 stalks celery
1 lime, juiced
3 cloves garlic
Yields 2 quarts
Old 01-05-2013, 07:58 AM   #570
Blabbermouth!!!

Kale Salad

Marinated Winter Kale Salad

4 cups kale, destemmed and cut in a chiffonade
1 teaspoon best quality sea salt (smoked salt would be fabulous here!)
2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon orange zest
2 cups shredded carrots
1 cup chopped red cabbage
½ cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
2 Tablespoons minced red onion
½ cup chopped green olives
1 cup toasted sunflower seeds
½ teaspoon cumin seeds
Pinch nutmeg
½ cup raisins
1 cup cilantro, chopped
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
3 Tablespoon best quality extra virgin olive oil
Salt/pepper to taste if needed

Method:
• In a large mixing bowl, add the kale, salt, orange juice, vinegar and garlic powder. Massage well with
your hands for several minutes.
• Add the rest of the ingredients and massage well

Let salad sit for 10 minutes; taste and adjust seasonings and enjoy!

Serves 4

Last edited by lotus33; 01-05-2013 at 08:00 AM..
Closed Thread