Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 06:59 PM   #511
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
WOE: Atkins-Bernstien-High FAT
Start Date: 9/20/2001
YES, bathrooms ARE A PAIN TO PAINT!! That's why I've been dragging my feet on this for soooo long. Then I devised a sure fire plan, to get it taken care of. I decided I would go ahead & take the lazy approach and tape off everything on one wall at a time, one day at a time & give myself 4 or 5 days to get it done. I put the painters tape in there, so as to prep for the job...about a month ago. It's taken a while to get this far!! I'm going to go with a gold'ish color. It's the same color I'm eyeballing for the kitchen job too.
Let me know when you start honing in the day you wanna start...so I can gear up too!!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2012, 07:34 PM   #512
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
Stats: 220/214/130
WOE: smash up of a few
Start Date: 3-17-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlKickinIt View Post
Please come to our Pampered Chef Bridal Party...by Boy Unbridaled!! What is that girl thinking?! So does that mean that she's hoping to receive Pampered Chef gifties, exclusively? Like is that a strong hint?
I think you're a saint for taking all of this on!!
Oh yes, it is to be exclusively PC

Uhg...the more I think on it the dumber it is!!!!

The old Aunts and cousins will rip this girl apart!!! Welcome to the family!!!

I am going to have to stop the madness!!!
Old 12-29-2012, 08:09 PM   #513
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well darnitt!! This seems like a danged if you do, danged if you don't sitchy. This kinda stuff just blows!!
I see the thread you have goin' over yonder. The masses have been rubbed wrong and aren't afraid to share it!!
Old 12-30-2012, 05:08 AM   #514
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning!

I had to get up early, ct is coming over after church for breakfast and someone still didnt get her a gift procrastinate much

Wish me luck
Old 12-30-2012, 08:31 AM   #515
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ummmmm yeah, that's taking it to the end of the line there, with the procrastination factor!! Maybe just wrap up a couple scensty bars & blow some of your carmel popcorn up!!
Goodmorning!! I -just- got outta bed. Amazing how much more sleeps the body wants, if it has it's own way & doesn't have to get jacked outta bed by an alarm!! Actually I still may have continued to sleep, but Ace came running in and bouncing himself off the side of the bed...telling me to get up already. So my 1st cuppa coffee here is cold...been sittin' for 2hr.'s. Don't care...I like cold coffee. It snowed more last night and everything that had been struggling to melt over the past few days, is all thickly coated again!! It hasn't been getting warmer than 30-35* each day, and it's only just above 15* at night. We've never lived anywhere this cold before!! When we were researching the area, from the steady 55* on the coast, and we'd seen that it could easily be 20* at night over here, we were kinda trippin' out. I didn't know how we'd survive it, really. Of course from the interior of a central heated home...ya wouldn't even know it was a little cold out there, and we've lived to tell about it.
How cold are you guys seein' it get in your neck of the woods day/night?

I'm not sure if Rob's gonna buzz out to church it up this morning...but I have no intentions on it. I don't have a heck of a lot planned for the day yet. Probably some light choring, and meal makings.
What about you?! After the CT visit...what are you up to today?!

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 12-30-2012 at 08:32 AM..
Old 12-30-2012, 10:57 AM   #516
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So the Hunk decided he'd go on to church this morning...and then hit the market for us & CT, as she's too scardy to go out in the snow today.

B: Big Salad...romaine, kidney beans, garbanzos, black olives, tuna, cheddar, bacon bits and ranch.
208 this am.

What's the latest & greatest on SO and her PC Bridal Party?
Old 12-30-2012, 11:50 AM   #517
Blabbermouth!!!

Well CT brunch is over!!! I ended up just grabbing a gift card to Kohls for her when I went to Krogers for some breaky fixins! And for the emotional factor pulled out a old pic of her Mom from my wedding and gave it to her. She passed on about 4 years ago now so that got me some tears

BRB
Old 12-30-2012, 11:57 AM   #518
Blabbermouth!!!

Stupid computer!!! I had to shut it down and start over. Its doing that freezing thing again, took like 10 min for that last little bitty post
Old 12-30-2012, 12:31 PM   #519
Blabbermouth!!!

Anyhoo....CT had asked what I wanted and I said a new coffee pot. She actually got me a cool one. It has a seperate hot water feature for tea and hot cocoa!

The girls made yogurt parfaits and I made these cute egg cups and fried potato for breakfast, orange juice and coffee.

BACON ~ 4 the love of bacon, overeating, & your divine cooking skills ~ Da' 3rd Wife / bacon, egg & toast cups

Wow you did get to sleep in for you!!!!

Uhg.....be back in a while
Old 12-30-2012, 02:37 PM   #520
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh neato!! I don't think I knew that coffee makers were made with the option to have just hot water come out of 'em, in addition to coffee too!! FANCY!! Do you drink Tea?? I bet your Littles could get real excited about the Cocoa makin' possibilities!! It sounds like CT put some thought into that one!! You were able to pull tears?! You must have done good with that one!!
WOW on your brunchies!! Gourmet breakies!! You know that iffin's you make things too good/special, you may have -someone- trying to visit more often!! Were the goodies a big hit?! I'd like to order up about 3 of those little breakfast muffins & I'll take one of the fancy parfaits too!!

I just wolk up from a 2 and 1/2 hr. nap!! Having the tireds today I guess. I had the lamest dream of sending two cats up into an elevator of a 9story hospital, and watching what they would do with a food cart that had big steaks on them. I wolk myself up cracking up!! RANDOM!!

Time to figure out lunches!! Back soon!!
Old 12-30-2012, 03:16 PM   #521
Blabbermouth!!!

This is the pot.

Oh I knew it would get to her. Didn't expect tears but knew it would get her.

She is a big big big mama and daddy girl!!! Like when she talks about her family she is not talking kids/hubby its mommy/daddy/siblings! We were always second fiddle to them! Anyway...it was a good pic of her Mom so I knew she would like it.

MIL is coming over AGAIN She must really be bored!!! LOL Playing cards again. ML is home so its ok. I like the game too so thats another saving factor And....I almost always win!

This computer is really starting to get on my nerves!!! Its so slow and freezes up so much! Seems to go through times where it does it all the time and then for a couple weeks it will be fine

Oh you southerners Yeah I am sure its hard to get used to snow, and driving can be interesting! Just leave lots of space to stop You have more snow than us. The last few years we have been getting less and less...scary!!!!! We are supposed to have SNOW! Anyway...temps right now are averaging about 30 during the day and 15-20 at night. Still t-shirt weather!! I am always hot so I never wear sweaters or sweatshirts. Just my loty style clothes at work and t-shirts at home mostly. I did break out the winter coat on a couple of those super windy days while walking Buddy though. I notice the cold a lot more in my hands now that I am getting older Like I need to start wearing gloves but the rest of me is not cold. Weird!!!

So does the hunk mind when you skip out on church in the morning? What religion are you guys? Not sure if you ever say or I may have forgot My memory is crap!!! So don't ever be offended if I forget something!!!!!

So the talk with SO went just fine. I approached it gently and suggested registering somewhere else as well so people had options and she said eh lets just forget the PC portion! Phew!!! Dodged that bullet!!!!!
Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction
Ends up being the biggest step of your life.
Tip toe if you must,
but take the step.

Last edited by lotus33; 12-30-2012 at 03:20 PM..
Old 12-30-2012, 03:21 PM   #522
Blabbermouth!!!

That dream cracked me up!!!!!!!!

You have to lay off the spicy food!!!!
Old 12-30-2012, 03:38 PM   #523
Blabbermouth!!!

She is here. Now that she is here I am totally annoyed by her! I can't be around her this many days in a week. She NEVER stops talking and rambles on and on about nothing and repeats it a hundred times.

Grrrrr.......
Old 12-30-2012, 04:20 PM   #524
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh my gosh, I would also find those frequent flyer visits HIGHLY irritating!! *Somebody* needs to find themselves some hobbies, friends, or all of the above!! Pronto!! Does she just call up & say she's heading your way or does she at least try to get a sense of what y'all are up to before she crashes the good time? What a PAIN!!
Old 12-30-2012, 04:23 PM   #525
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's really interesting about your CT being all obsessy about her folks/siblings, and then all kinda -meh- about her own family she created!! Strange!! What is that?!
Old 12-30-2012, 04:41 PM   #526
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We be Christian folk. Believe in all that is in the bible. No, Rob doesn't get upset in the least when I don't go to church. Well aside from we really do like doing everything together, and he'd much rather I was with him. But, he -gets- that I just really need quite a lot of down time when I'm sick, in order to recover. So...he's usually got a pulse on where I'm at health wise...and he knows about the same time I do, whether I'll be able to muster outtings or not. It's very rare that I stay back, if I'm feeling well.

Oh man!! I am so relieved to hear that SO was so easy going about the PC deal!! That is GREAT news!!
Old 12-30-2012, 04:45 PM   #527
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Bogus sitchy with the laggin'/crashin' computer!! I totally feel for ya. Both mine & Rob's pull that same sorta stuff on us ALL the time!! Rob especially needs a replacement. His takes as long as dial-up to load even the most basic programs. We've both just been holding on as long as we can, before throwin' $$'s at it.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:49 PM   #528
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

D: Steamed up a plate full of Cabbage-Carrots-Zucchini...added S&P and Butter. YUMMMM!! That is such a good combo!! Also had a double green.
NOW, it's coffee time!!

When you head back to work next week, is it straight thru W-F?
Old 12-30-2012, 07:04 PM   #529
Blabbermouth!!!

Yeah...she is gone!!! Sometimes she calls sometimes she just shows up She did call today but good grief! We will see her tomorrow too. I can stand her once or twice a week sometimes even thats too much depending on everyones moods but my goodness its been a lot this last week!

Tomorrow around 3:00 BIL and SO will be arriving and just staying one night for the party. And the girls each are having a friend over so it will be a full house! I have to get groceries in the morning and then do a quick clean up of the house. Its in good shape but you know with dogs they always mess it up and I will wait till the last possible minute to do the floors up so there is minimal hairballs! Seems to get everywhere! Oh well..small price to pay

CT grew up in Canada and I think is resentful for being away from her family.She missed living there and never even to this day associates herself as American. Example- We really never did Thanksgiving because its not the same in Canada and she is Canadian so didn't see a point to it. We would go to Canada that weekend. Or she would go and Dad sister and I stayed here. Who knows what goes through their heads??

So is it like a non denominational church? I grew up Roman Catholic. ML went to Catholic school until 9th grade (oh the horror stories of the Sisters he has LOL) We don't go anymore, I think it was so force fed as young people that we both just got really turned off. In fact that was the last straw for CT before she kicked me out. I had a job that required me to work weekends and missed church. Got the law laid down on that and was told to go. That was only a couple of weeks before graduation so I waited till then to leave.

MIL is really ridiculous! She does the most un christian acts and then just says "oh well, I will go to confession" Not kidding! They have communal confession 1 time a month where you don't even have to go into the confessional to say what sin you did. Just sort of think it in your head. She uses it as a get out of jail free card! Very uncool! Regardless of your religious beliefs you should strive to be a good person! I give her crap about that all the time!

What the heck kind of dinner was that????? Wheres the beef???? LOL....you did better than me....pizza complements of MIL again
Old 12-30-2012, 07:14 PM   #530
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh on super ticked the Loty off news.....the state passed some sort of something or other rule that will raise my house taxes around $900 a year!

dumb!

Yes the something or other rule is the official name of it! You can see how much I pay attention to the news....I just make up my own names for stuff!

And on other Loty news.....ML wants to decorate the bedroom in Peter Pan theme. OK, so I get why...but we are grown ups

Before we met he was going to get a peter pan tattoo, he didn't want to grow up! Probably was feeling a lot of pressure from having an instant family at 19 to take care of. Then when he found out my name was Wendy he was just over the moon about it

So how does one decorate a grown ups bedroom in Peter Pan theme anyhow???? Cause now its just what he wants badly!

This is what he saw and just has to have the bedroom like it

Old 12-30-2012, 08:16 PM   #531
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Totally what the heck kinda dinner is that...to not have any sorta meaty...as if I don't really believe!! I do believe, and boy I'm hungry now!! See, I wouldn't be, iffin's I'd have had some sort of meat goodness. It's still early enough for me to -right- my shamefull ways. And I may!!
MmMmmmMm, Pizza. Well, so there's one consolation to the visits!! Hardly, huh?!
So you're slotted to spend morrre time with her tomorrow?! Is she a part of the NYE Party too?
I bet you guys are all gonna have such a Blast tomorrow!! So fun that the Little's get to have their friends over too!!

I wonder if your CT would have had a different relationship with the family that she created, if she'd been able to remain close to her parents & had that support and was able to blend her two families together more. It's hard to say why/how people become the odd balls they are.

Yeah, we go to a non-denom church. I can't even kinda fathom what it would be like to be raised up in church & forced/required to go to all the functions & what not. That was Rob's experience. When he turned 16, it became optional if he went or not. He decided that he had other things he wanted to do with his time. Understandably so, at that age!! However, he's always felt drawn to grow a deeper, personal relationship with the Lord, and decided back in 2007 that he was going to make it a priority. As in priority #1. I went along with it, as I felt it was a positive spiritual investment and wanted to be supportive. It's been a blessing & I'm Thankful that he led us this direction, as I'm pretty certain I wouldn't have chosen it on my own.
So interesting about -going to confession-. We don't do that. There is no person that interceeds for us, as we take our confessions straight to the Lord, in prayer. That's some strange bizz to think that all is well to choose to sin & feel all will be well just by confessing it. What's the point?! If you're not truly repenting, why offer the creator lip service?
Ahhh well, we're all in a different place in our journeys. Always growing in our understanding, hopefully...and striving to improve.

How are your heels doing? Mine were trying to split on me!! I drenched them with pure E oil & socked 'em up. They should be in much better shape by tomorrow. I just get so lazy about doing that...until they wanna cause me some pain!!
Old 12-30-2012, 08:29 PM   #532
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh my gosh...this Peter Pan action has me busting a GUT over here!! That is the funniest thing to me, that MT is bent on a Peter Pan themed bedroom!! I've never heard of such a thing!! It's also killing me that you say, "Ok, so I get why." What?! You two are totally made for each other!!
I've never seen Peter Pan...so I have no idea what the fuss could be all about. And I don't really get the baby photos...except for the one with the Peter Pan shadow. I never watched cartoons as a kid. CT didn't care for them, so instead we watched documentaries and The 700 Club...which I'm still all about today. Oh yeah, and Leave it to Beaver!! Maybe I should wonder about seeing your Peter Pan flick, so I can get a better understanding of what this is all about!!
Old 12-30-2012, 08:32 PM   #533
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

HORRIBLE that your property taxes have gone up THAT much!! What on earth!!!! I've never heard of such a jump!! That seems so unreasonable!!
Ours climbed from $1200 to $1500 in just this passed yr. We looked into contesting it again this yr., but there were literally NO comps to be used to bring that $1500 rate down.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:43 PM   #534
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

This could be fun to incorporate, maybe above the bed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ML's Peter Pan.jpg (19.9 KB, 2 views)
Old 12-31-2012, 06:20 AM   #535
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yo~Yo, Goodmorning!! It's your PARTY~DAY!! Yippee!! Are you feeling good today, like a Party~Girl?!

I'm feeling quite a lot better today!! I'm gonna bust a move around here & make things sparkle!!

B: LC Yogurt-Coffee-Water w/ACV
Old 12-31-2012, 06:50 AM   #536
Blabbermouth!!!

Hello!

Party today!!!

Got to go and get some groceries and get ready!

OH my! I was busting a gut ....never known a person to not see Peter Pan!!! Well now you have to get it from your library and then also get the version called Pan with Robin Williams. Its Peter as an adult going back to neverland.
Thats a cute saying you found! I think I will try to let this fad ride! Although its been a theme of his since before I even knew him, so maybe its not going to fizzle out

Oh yeah the property tax thing is burning me!! Not sure if everywhere has homestead and non-homestead tax. Anyway we are all having to pay the non-homestead rate now which was previously only for second properties. CT estimated what our increase was going to be so its not exact but pretty close. She is a realtor and was really upset. She just a few days ago sold a house to a young couple that was stretched to the max to get it so this new tax is going to break them before they even start

Of coarse my taxes go up every year due to the stupid city folk patrolling every few months. Oh you planted a new bush.....your taxes must go up!!! Hmm....painted you garage door I see...taxes go up! Thats how the taxed value and the sale values get so out of whack around here!

Glad your feeling tons better today!!! I still just have crud in my head but totally funtional

The girls have been sleeping downstairs in the playroom and staying up late. They usually go to bed at 8:30. So Buddy and Jack also go to bed at 8:30. Well all this late night fun is wearing on poor Buddy! LOL he is laying here on the couch by me and is sooo tired he didn't even eat breakfast! poor old guy! Gonna be another long night old boy....better get a good nap today! I guess we won't need to go for a walk today Sunday had a nervous breakdown that he didn't eat That girl never skips a meal! She laid down shaking and stared at his food dish until finally we just picked it up and put it away for fear she may start having a seizure!

Well lets get our clean on today lady!
Old 12-31-2012, 07:02 AM   #537
Blabbermouth!!!

here is his current condition he buries his face a lot like that

IMG_20121231_095759.jpg
Old 12-31-2012, 05:56 PM   #538
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy New Years to the Loty Crew!! I bet you're all in mid Party mode right now!! I hope you guys are having a super fun~blast of a time, gamin' it up & snackin' on all the tasty goodies!!

Sweet little pups you have. I love the piccy!! The foodie freak out story just cracked me up!! They're such silly people!!
I was over at CT's earlier...helping her upload her pic to another hook-up site, and her boy Max was having some of his hard chow...and before he walked away from it, he took his paw and started pawing along side his dish, on the floor...like he was covering something up. They're strange!! He's got his own little OCD routine!! She says he does it everytime he finishes eating, and she's watched him forget to do it...go get up on his spot on the couch, remember he wanted to do, and go back over there, do it and return to the couch.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:43 AM   #539
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yippee!! 2013!! New year, new day, new avi!!
I thought I'd choose something not so ugly & horrid this go around. So, I be Ninja~Cat for a bit!! RAWR!!

The kids were terrified last night, with all the booming and explosions. Kiki was trembling & panting, and Ace was trying to get into bed with us. So I came out to the living room & we all huddled onto the reclyner with blankets. Thankfully it was so cold out last night...like 9*'s, that the festivities were over by 12:30am.
I started a corned beef roast in the crock earlier. I'm thinking of letting it roll on low, for like 9hr.'s. Towards the end of it's brew session, I'd like to throw in some turnips-parsnips-carrots and cabbage. Yah!! That's the dinner plannage. Lunch...I think I'm gonna make the Hunk some breakfast eats...so fried eggs, lc pancakes w/sugar free syrup, ham and bacon. MMmmMMmm
I'm feelin' better today than I have in ages. I'm not a 100% yet, but I'm well enough to do some runnin' around. So...assuming that CT & I are brave enough to get ourselves out & about in the snowy roads this afternoon...we're gonna get our shop ON!!

What's goin' down in Loty~Ville?! How was your Party~Night?! Did you all have a Good time? Was everybody macho & stayed up late enough to ring in the new year?! Are there lots of tireds over there today? Poor pups probably don't know what to make of all this...pullin' all nighters & such.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:26 AM   #540
Blabbermouth!!!

Omg they are still here...I haven't even read your posts just stopped to say happy new year!!!!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread