Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2012, 08:40 AM   #481
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
Stats: 220/214/130
WOE: smash up of a few
Start Date: 3-17-14
Mmm....pizza meatloaf..its really yummo! Make sure you pat the meat out on wax paper or foil or something so that you can roll it up easy.

Can you get into see a Dr. about your goiter Maybe you need antibiotics? Dunno....what says google about these things??????

Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2012, 09:43 AM   #482
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
WOE: Atkins-Bernstien-High FAT
Start Date: 9/20/2001
LOL...those poor Little Loty's!! Where does ML get that white, sparse fetish from? Is that from his CT?! LOL
That's kinda hard to decorate/play around with colors, when someones tryin' to keep ya on the straight-n-narrow!! Sounds like painting those beams would probably be like a serious act of foreplay action for ML!!

I just threw that Pizza~Beast into the oven!! He's Big...like 13X9 big. I assembled into 2 thick layers, with some pizza sauce & mozzarella in the middle. More pizza sauce, mozz, cheddar and parm to top. I hope it's done by lunch time!! I put him in at 325*. I may bump that up a few notches.
I did use the wax paper to smash all the goodness together...but when I saw what kinda girth factor I was dealing with...I knew there wasn't gonna be much chance of a roll. It'll be Great!!

My goiter-node...I think it may be bigger now!! From what I've read, it seems that a person could have a swollen node for maybe up to a couple of weeks..., as a result of basically a cold/sore throat gettin' wiley. It sounds like it's an infection in the node. Most often they just go away all on their own. Sometimes folks will take an antibiotic for it.
I have an Endo appt. on the 11th of Jan. My plan at this point is to hope it's gone soon...but if not, then I'll try to get in to see that doc a little earlier, if neccesary.

How are you feeling, as the day moves along?
Old 12-27-2012, 11:14 AM   #483
Blabbermouth!!!

Whoa!!!! That is a big'un!!!! I would crank the heat up too! its done by lunch so the hunk doesn't starve to death!!!

I have no idea why ML would like to live in that starkness! Only thing I can think is he is a thinker/worrier and maybe the starkness would calm his head......nutjob! He has a hundred things going on in that noggin of his and I swear in my head sometimes the only thought I have is why don't I have a thought in my head, which actually is a thought so go figure! I am NOT a worrier and just move on with things, he is a dweller and likes to replay the event 845 different times to make sure he is prepared! I think he is just after a calm environment is all. Good luck!

Oh my!!! I was going to ask when you were going to change the avi back but with the new found growth you may have to leave it

I am teasing!!!!! I hope it goes away quickly though!!!!!!!! I am sure it is irritating and if your like me your probably poking at it and making it worse!
Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction
Ends up being the biggest step of your life.
Tip toe if you must,
but take the step.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:56 AM   #484
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

-Somebody- is a big fan of *Loty's Loafy Pizza*!! YUMMMAGE!! That's a real keeper!! I'm so looking forward to making your Mexi~Taco Loafage too!!

I considered changin' out my avi last night, when I saw it in another thread I'd posted in!! Ahhhh, well, I can't now...it's too true to life!! So the sickly ragin' goiter monster stays on!!

The reasoning you came up with, to eesplain the possibility as to why ML would be drawn to a stark environment, to calm himself, really makes a LOT of sense. Forsure!! I can really relate to that, where clutter is concerned...and it just making a mess of my mind. So you've got built in *Hoarder-Protection*!! That's Great!!

What are you making for dinners tonight?! Or will ML whip something together for y'all?
Old 12-27-2012, 12:07 PM   #485
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlKickinIt View Post

What are you making for dinners tonight?! Or will ML whip something together for y'all?

You my dear are HILARIOUS!!!!!

ML cook

ML can cook burnt toast....he did try scrambled eggs a couple months ago....he can grill after 10 years of burning stuff.....and order take out!

Naw we are having leftover ham, baked beans, and cheesy potato casserole. Not real on plan.....again!

so glad somebody liked the pizza loaf!!!! What did you do to the burger for flavor?

Last edited by lotus33; 12-27-2012 at 12:12 PM..
Old 12-27-2012, 01:50 PM   #486
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Awwwwe, ML is cooking impared. He's so lucky he's got a good cookin' wifey!!
The Loty Dinner sounds soooooo delish!! Love ham!!

The burger for the Loty-Loaf, got completely pizzafied. I dumped about 1 & 1/2 pound of burger into the big bowl, along with a lb of italian sausage, 2 eggs, some parm, some crushed pork rinds, and Italian seasoning, plus crushed chili peppers & garlic salt. I mixed all that and then added chopped onions, bells, and black olives. It smelled like pizza right there!!
I ended up with lots of meat/cheese greese. So like the lame I can be...I grabbed a baster-bulb thingy to siphon some out, and ended up pointing it my direction & squirting it!! What?! HOW?! That was HOT!!
Old 12-27-2012, 01:52 PM   #487
Blabbermouth!!!

Came home to a super clean house!!! Yea crazy ML!!!!

he also took Buddy for a trip to the park for me to chase a tennis ball for a bit! First time he has volunteered to walk a dog since we had our first two. I think he may like this dog!
Old 12-27-2012, 06:24 PM   #488
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh how Awesome is that...to come home to a clean home and a walked pup!! Do you think ML is more drawn to Buddy because of his size? That's cool that they got to have some male-bonding time!!

I've been layin' down for a while now, trying to rest off a hurty headache. It seems nearly gone, up until I try to move around to get anything done.

I've swapped out our 2012 calendar, for our new 2013 one. I Love a new calendar!! Put all the important dates in there for the coming year. I see that you & ML's anniversary is also the 1st day of Autumn, on a Sunday!! I'd love to hear the story of how you two came to be one of these days...when ya feel like throwin' down the Lovestory!!
Old 12-28-2012, 07:52 AM   #489
Blabbermouth!!!

Ahhhh....I am soooo stupid busy at work!!!!!!!

So I went to bed early last night and crashed, feel a little more human today Just cruddy in the head like I snorted pool water

Hows the goiter today?????

You officially know more about me than I do!! I haven't looked at when all the dates are for 2013

Oh I will give you the Loty love story tonight...its pretty silly actually, not terribly exciting

I think ML likes Buddy just because he is very well behaved and calm. He actually is not a fan of large dogs at all. He would rather have gotten another Shih Tzu if he had the choice. But Buddy is a really good dog and besides the chowing on the trash is very gentlemanly

Oh...got a phone call last night from SO, apologizing for being psycho over the weekend! Guess she was pulling that crap on mama too and mama put her in her place but good!

Uhg....back at it, will try to check back in after I tackle this load of stuff on my dest!
Old 12-28-2012, 10:06 AM   #490
Blabbermouth!!!

Uh oh....you alright over there?????
Old 12-28-2012, 10:20 AM   #491
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Heya!! Goodmorning!!

Just a quick hello!! I'm runnin' behind on preppin' eats for the Hunks lunchies, but wanted to say hiiiiii!! Took me longer than it shoulda to find -any- pretty!! Still runnin' on low...but pushin' thru.

Ooooh, Glad to hear you got some good rests!! I know whatcha mean about snortin' the pool water...all effervescent & such!!

I'll pop back in after that FINE thing leaves to head back to works!!
Old 12-28-2012, 10:49 AM   #492
Blabbermouth!!!

So I have a new prospect sitting at my desk and one of the old biddies that complains about EVERYTHING comes up to the office guns blazing. Over the holiday the college boys that live in her building were streaking in the hallway! She was 8,496 shades of PO'ed!! I wanted to say enjoy the view old bat! The most action you've seen in a coon's age!

HIGHLY embarrassing when you have a person at your desk though!! I am positive he won't be back to rent!
Old 12-28-2012, 11:30 AM   #493
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh that is Hillarious!! Totally just shove it and enjoy the view!! My Goodness, what exactly was anyone to do about that, after the fact?! Just one of those highly irritating folks, huh? Seems there's always gotta be at least one, in every circle!!

Lunch was soooo good!! Steakies...cooked right, and fancy roasted pieces of turnips, parsnips, and carrots, with fresh rosemary, s & p and garlic salt...mixed w/evoo & butter. Yah!!

I have a to do list that I need to debout. However... I think I need a nap first!! And, in order to nap...I need to undo my stupid-fancy hairdo. I used this -tool- thing that creates a bun. I don't look any kinda ok with a regular bun...so I just did a partial one...in that all my hair is down, except for above the ears, it's been bunned. Stupid!! It looks like I'm balancing a maple doughnut up there!! Serious!!

That makes sense that ML has taken to the boy who acts gentlemanly and is calm. Buddy, the civilized little gentleman.

So funny that SO was willing to check herself...once it was brought to her attention!! Maybe there's hope for her afterall!!

So are you and the Littles planning to visit with your CT this afternoon?! Do you guys pick up a Christmas gift for her too?

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 12-28-2012 at 11:32 AM..
Old 12-28-2012, 02:05 PM   #494
Blabbermouth!!!

Home now! Don't go back until Wed!

Yeah that old lady was funny! I get irritated at people that complain about everything, although that was a bad one, i have never had streakers before! The thing is the old people forget what it was like to be a kid! So they were nekkid....whatever! Be glad they weren't shooting the place up!!!!! Or they will call and say so and so has 3 friends over. Um...yeah so???? Well tell them I live here and I don't like the extra people coming in and out of the building. What i want to say is go live in senior housing then! nowhere in the lease does it say you are not allowed to have friends over Oh well....can't please them all!

Oh your lunch sound sooooo goood! I would have figured you'd be eating pizza loaf for a week! I can't wait until Wed when the eating will be more normal around here!!! Tonight MIL has invited herself over....again She has a coupon for fried chicken so she is bringing that for dinner. More junk! I haven't even weighed in since before Christmas! I am afraid!!!! Did take buddy to the park, only about 15 min of walking but I delivered a bunch of stuff at work up and down the stairs so I am counting that as time! So add 4 for me! After the big poker party on NYE its back to it for me!!! Well as long as this stupid cold is gone by then!

Had to cancel CT for tonight, she was none too happy either! Ava is going in a few minutes to her BFF for a sleepover. I told her she could go, CT can wait another day or two! Yes, we do gifts with her. Truth be told I still have to get her something She is hard hard hard to buy for!!!! Will have to be on the agenda tomorrow!!!!

SO will be super happy to know the clubhouse has been booked for the tea party! She can stop freakin!!! LOL I talked to SIL today and she was going off about SO I had to laugh, she was just going to town and I reminded her that she was the same way and her and I got into it pretty bad cause she was way worse!! Now that she has some distance and perspective she is seeing it for what it is and apparently forgetting how bridezilla she was! You guys got married so young, did you have a big wedding/reception or a small event? Ours was smallish, maybe 110-120 people. We also got married when the big receptions hadn't really hit here, not that I would spend that much either. We worked our butts off to pay for that wedding and didn't charge a thing. Only got $1000 from my parents and his mom helped with the shower. I am just blown away by the waste of money these girls have spent! The extravagant things are really just silly! Nothing like starting your marriage 30,000 to 40,000 in the hole! Dumb!

So you didn't say, how is the goiter today??? Any smaller?
Old 12-28-2012, 02:09 PM   #495
Blabbermouth!!!

You know, I don't think I have ever had a turnip or a parsnip

Wonder why???

So what is this bun tool hair do-hicky thing you speak of????
Old 12-28-2012, 06:31 PM   #496
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yippee!! A sleepover for Ava!! That should be fun!! What are you guys up to for your weekend?!

The parsnips have a bite to them...and are a little sweet too. The turnips work real well in place of potato for soups/chowders...but would be too far a cry for a pretend baked potato. All mixed together, with carrots too, and either steamed or roasted, YUM!! I had a ditto of lunch for dinner!! As for the Pizza~Loaf...why that was 2nd breakfast of course...hungry man style!!

The bun hairdo thing...well it's this plastic device that has some teeth on it, to grib the hair. You kinda put it on like a pony tail...drag the thing to the tips of your hair & then roll up and clip it together. Women always rave about that thing when I've worn it in the past. Men folk look at it like they wonder -why is she sportin' a doughnut?-.

What kinda goodies are you planning to prepare for your NYE party?! I'm really looking forward to your party!! I love hearing about the details of partys!!

I totally agree with you about the outrageous costs of weddings!! NO way!! Rob & I were super blessed to have our church at the time, offer to put the whole thing on for free. Everything was taken care of. Prior to the offer, we were planning to just be married at the court house. CT sent a Thank you card & check to the pastor afterwards. I'm sure their costs were covered by it. It was just a little outdoor garden setting, at the church. A church lady made our cake, someone else made punch, another did my hair fancy. Wasn't much to it really!! CT also bought me a *wedding* dress...from somewhere like Lane Bryant, if I remember right. I'll have to post a photo for ya!!
Yes, well, one of us married young.... I was 15 and he was 23. It was kind of a big deal to some folks back in the day, of course...but we've been together for 23 yrs now.
Your wedding sounds ideal!! Good for you two on not dumping a trillion into it too!!

My goiter is reduced to about 50% of what it was. So it's like the size of a deviled egg now.

How's your cold/energy feelin' tonight?

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 12-28-2012 at 06:33 PM..
Old 12-29-2012, 07:23 AM   #497
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning Lotyville!!

Feelin' pretty decent for a sickly sicko that's still pretty sick with sickness!! The goiter has shrank even further...like maybe to the size of a monster green olive.
Rob headed off to his men's bible group this morning. I was feelin' spry, so I prepared a batch of LC Pancakes. Soooooooo good!! They have cream cheese, egg, butter, coconut oil, baking soda and vanilla whey protein powder in them. Made a double green to chug as well.
I'm whirlin' a load of laundries, and about to dump another into the mix.
I got caught up on all our office doc. filing, and looked further into our health insurance questions. Got the answers we were looking for...but didn't want. It's all gonna cost us even more than we originally knew. What-evv. I'm so tired of looking at that garbage!!

I think the plan is to go search for pretty. Chore out & package up a gift box for our neice & her little fam.
Havin' a tough time gettin' started in that direction so far, as little boy black, Ace, is demanding to be held, kissed and hugged on. He's such an affectionate little love bug!! His Ma can't rush these things.

What's your day looking like?!
Old 12-29-2012, 07:54 AM   #498
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning!!! You've been busy busy busy already and I have been a slug! Slept time 9:30! Only thing I have done is get dressed and eat, you know the important things Those pancakes you whipped up sound de-lish! I could handle that recipe! I hardly ever try LC recipeis for faux bready things because they always have weird ingredients in them! But that is one pretty straight forward! MIL if freaking about some dairy law that is going to make butter and other dairy products like quadruple in price. You know I never watch the news at all, have you also heard this rumor??

Oh today I have to clean and do some chores, then get groceries! Need to plan a party menu too. I feel like today is the first *normal* day I have had in about 2 weeks. Feels good! I like normal!
Old 12-29-2012, 08:13 AM   #499
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Pancakes

1 Egg
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 ounce of cream cheese, softened (I nuke for 20 seconds)
1 tablespoon oil
2 tablespoon Vanilla Whey Protein
1/8 teaspoon baking soda

Mix all ingredients together, cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 1 minute.
Cut in half spread with butter and maple syrup

*Whoaaa, wait just one minute!! I NEVER have tried micro-pancakes. I can't even kinda think that it would turn out!!
I mix all that up and go old-style, with a fry pan.

This recipe makes about 3'ish medium sized pancakes.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:00 AM   #500
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh gosh I didn't realize you had gotten married that young! I thought you met at that age! I bet that caused all sorts of drama at the time! It's really a testament to the work you two put into the marriage that it has lasted and that your happy! Just because you change so so so much in the teen and early 20's that I am sure you went through some difficult emotional times. The age difference is not a bit deal now but how did you meet back then? That is a large difference then.

ML and I met at work. We were both working at a printing company. This is were I was *fast tracking* and no I do not miss it

We worked in different areas of the plant but they opened up to each other so we got glimpses of each other all night (we were working 3rd shift) we were both 21. So the shop was 90% men. His dept was all men. So when a new young female started working well it causes an uproar LOL. Anyway ML never dated. I was his first girlfriend. He just wasn't one to play the field and he was too busy. The first time he saw me he told all the guys he was going to marry me Which of course got him lots of teasing. Especially since he never showed interest in anyone before so the guys really gave it to him. So on the my end of the story when I saw him walk through my department I had the same thought. Love at first sight. Didn't even know his name, never talked to him, hadn't really even seen his face. Just knew he was the one. I had recently with some girlfriends for fun gone to a psychic reader and had a reading done. My fortune was I was going to get married to a man with an R in his name, we would be rich in love and blessings not money but would be comfortable. So one night I am working with this guy on a machine right by the entrance of where ML worked. All night long I was catching glimpses of him. I kept catching him doing push ups all night. He was very muscular at the time and I thought what an arrogant SOB, look at him showing off Well I learned later that he was mouthy and anytime he mouthed off his supervisor would make him to push ups So I asked the guy I was working with if he knew what ML name was. He said "Oh yeah thats Roy" I was like holy crap the psychic was right! LOL Well the guy I was working with was a dork! The guys in the shop called ML bad bad Leroy Brown and the dip I worked with just called him Roy. So over the course of a month or so some of the guys that ML worked with had come out and asked me out and I had made up a diff story each time to turn them down. Well one that really was persistent I told that I had a boyfriend already that he was in the service. He finally backed off but had told ML not to bother I was engaged. After I had been working there awhile and got to know some of the guys they would tell me ML is in love, or broken hearted, or whatever. But still he has never once come up to me. He was shy and really thought I was engaged. Anyhow one night in January the power went out in the shop, so I took the opportunity to set a trap I suppose. I had a guy that I was friends with go and tell a couple of the guys that was standing around ML where everyone was going since we were all being sent home and it was only about 12. Well well look who showed up LOL Still ML kept his distance and sort of just acted all cool ...uhg. Another month goes by but now he is at least saying hi when he walks through my part of the shop and had stopped to talk for a minute or two a couple of times. Then finally he gets the nerve to ask me out. Our first date was on Valentines Day. When I got to his house I knew from the guys he worked with that talked to me about him that he was raising his brother and sister and the rest of his family. That was why he worked so much. His mom had just gotten divorced and it was ugly. She had never worked and didn't know what to do and just elevated ML to husband/dad/provider status. He was taking care of mom, brother, sister, another sister and her 2 kids. He built a house that had 5 bedrooms and he was sleeping on a couch so they all had rooms Anyway it was a beautiful home and was just completed when I met him, in fact the furniture wasn't even all delivered yet. I went there for our first date and he was flustered! His brother had just overflowed the toilet and toilet water was running all over the bedroom and his sister was crying because it was her room. he came to the door and just said to run, he comes with all this baggage and it wasn't fair and he was sorry. HA! I just went right in! So blah blah blah we go on our date and have been attached at the hip since. We were engaged 3 months later but didn't get married for 3 more years. MIL was causing LOTS of problems! That needed to be taken care of before I would marry him. She HATED me!! bad! I was a HUGE threat to her and her income/stability with ML. I was a big problem for her. She did awful things to me but uhg thats a whole nother story! Anyway, we stuck it out and still laugh about how neither of us knew each others names and we had already planned the wedding! People always find that so hard to believe, but we really both did have love at first sight. Heck for 3 months I thought his name was Roy!
Old 12-29-2012, 09:47 AM   #501
Blabbermouth!!!

Grace and I just did a quick 20 min walk with all 3 furries Stopping for 5 min at the park to throw the ball for the big guy. So I need to make up 5 more min and will be able to add 3 for today
Old 12-29-2012, 10:29 AM   #502
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow!! You're doing so Awesome with gettin' your fitness on!! Great job!!

Jack and his stole nappies!!

Your story of how you & ML came to be Loty's is sooooooo Sweet & perfect!! I Love that!! Roy!! Do you call him that for kicks?! What sweetheart he was for stepping up & taking care of his family like that, and at such a young age!! That's quite a load!! It make sense that his CT was trippin' on you & that relationship...she had a lot at stake!! I'd love to hear some of those CT stories, one of these days!! What an undertaking for him to build a house, manage a household and be such a worky...all at the same time!! Your guys's story is just the neatest!!

Ours, came out of some craziness. I'll give ya a pg/open forum rendition.

Well, this goes back about a century…

I’d had a pretty normal up bringing, brought up with both parents, as an only child. I was super obedient & did exactly as was expected. Things were pretty good. Up until I hit age 13. I could more clearly understand/see the crazy that was going on with CT and it really ticked me off. Coupled with my desire for more independence and a gravitation for the older *bad boys*, more rifts developed between her & I. She was the disciplinarian of the two. She kept getting in the way of relationships I had, and tightening down on me with restricting my access to friends/the all important boyfriend. Then had me admitted to a psych ward, when I refused to abide by her new set of tightened house rules. It was a frustrating time. I felt like she totally over reacted to my behaviors. I was quite responsible, really. I’d had a job at a diner, waitressing, at that point for 2 yr.’s. My grades were in good shape. But what-evv. One afternoon her & I got into a big ole blow out, about the time I was wanting to spend with another boyfriend. She said “Look, it’s my way or the highway!!”. Ummmm, ok. So, I stuffed 2 black trash bags with clothing & left. On my way out, she says “Mark my words, you’ll be back.” I vowed to myself that there was no way I was gonna let her have that satisfaction, ever. I called the boyfriend at the time, from the corner store & he picked me up. He’d been working for an older bedridden fellow, as his caretaker, and receiving room & board. Nice!! Well I stayed there & began working for the fellow as well, earning my keep. The relationship with that boyfriend ended, and I replaced him with another, out of my friend-pool. We decided we’d get married, as I wanted to be emancipated, in order to avoid any problems with the authorities. That was the plan. Then a big earthquake hit the Bay Area (San Fran), and did a boat load of damage to the area & surrounding counties, including Napa County, where we lived. Well the son of the gentleman I was caretaking for became un-nerved about the conditions his father *might* be in, because of the earthquake, and made a surprise visit to us, from Los Angeles. That turned out to be Rob. He never left. We became fast friends and after just a short time…inseparable. I became pregnant and we got married. The boyfriend that I had at the time Rob came into the picture, Karl, well he’s one of our best friends to this day. In fact, the *niece* we’re packaging the gifties to send to is his step-daughter. It was a messy unraveling at the time…with a whole lotta tears & bloodshed…but worked out for the best.

I am such a LAME!! I unloaded the dishwasher...just about completely, before I started to question why the dishes coming out of there were so dry. They're usually at least somewhat damp. OHHHHHH, I never ran them!! And now I've put dirty dishes away!! The thing is, I give them a little washing before they go into the dishwasher...so there were no hints to be seen, of dirties.
More laundries to swap around, got the kitchen cleaned...the right way this time, and now I'm thinking of wondering about the Pizza-Loafage.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:09 AM   #503
Blabbermouth!!!

I swear I think we were separated at birth!!!! Looking back can you even imagine how crazy CT is for acting that way? That must have been a rough time in life and yet I know it would be easier to move out at 13 than to deal with CT!! I get it!!!! Its just sad when you think back. Same here! I sure hope history doesn't repeat here! ML always tells me thats why I have 2 girls like she did just to right a wrong!

I can just imagine the drama that went on!!!! How you met Rob totally makes sense! You would have seemed far more mature than your age also! Since you were taking care of his Dad was his family a little easier to deal with? Then did you move to LA or did he stay in Napa?

It was fun to relive falling in love! Will have to remind ML tonight when he gets home about our silly start to things

on the dishwasher!!! done that!!!
Old 12-29-2012, 12:50 PM   #504
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Have you done the dishwasher flub more than once?? I know -someone- that has.

There was all kinds of mind blowing trickery going on under the CT's homestead, as you are right to imagine. Yepp, you & me...two peas in a pod!! Rob & I were given no grief at all by his Dad. I'm pretty sure, best as I recall, we never revealed my age to him. I didn't look it...didn't act it...so it likely never came up. Didn't need any sort of work permit, as "Bill" (FIL) was paying all of his *help* under the table, back in the day.
Rob's Mom lived in Oregon at the time. We spoke on the phone occasionally, when she'd call to chat with Rob. I don't remember her initial response to finding out my age. However, I know she was alarmed to hear that we were expecting!! She was super supportive though.
As for my folks...they reluctanly excepted that I wasn't going to return to their homestead & I was going to do what I was going to do. We needed their permission to marry, because I was underage. My Mom had to sign a doc & have it notorized that she was giving the permission, and my Dad went to court with Rob & I to petition the judge to allow us to marry. That involved each of us separately, then collectively meeting with the judge...basically to convince 'em that our marrying was a good idea. That would have been an opportune time for my Dad to throw a wrench into the mix...but on the contrary...he did the right thing by us and showered all kinds of praise upon us & really backed us. (My Dad's NOT CT. He just married one.) Rob always jokes that he got my parents to sign the title over to him!!
Now Rob's the son they never wanted...but love like their very own. He's just as much the benefiary to all the CT as I am too. It's so good to have someone who -knows- that CT is CT, aside from just my Dad & I.

Yes, do share & remind Roy of your beginnings!! You guys have a Great LoveStory!! And I agree w/ML...you have an opportunity to give your Littles a childhood that you never knew & a mother/daughter relationship you could have only dreamt of. The foundation that you & ML have is a such a great place to build from...right outta love.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:00 PM   #505
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh yeah, Rob & I remained in Napa, until 1991, just a bit before our little Christopher was born. We moved to Beaverton, Oregon...where Rob's Mom, Carolyn & brother James lived. It's about 15 minutes from Portland.
We remained there for just 2 (Hell'ish) yr.'s. <---That's a story for another time!! Then returned to Napa and stayed for mannny years, till 2002, when we moved back to Oregon...but that time, to the Coast (Coos Bay<--where I was born). We just moved here to Central Oregon last year, in March.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:50 PM   #506
Blabbermouth!!!

No, not sure I have known anyone to do that more than once What a crack up!

Aren't we lucky to have stable men folk in our lives now! Well mostly stable i suppose!

I love it!!!!! Singed the title over on you!!! How funny!

Was that the start of the demise of your parents, you moving out? Not that it was your fault just if your Dad wasn't crazy I would think that would have pushed him over. I just don't get it with the CT's! If ML was so crazy he drove my girls out of the house I am not sure I could stomach to look at him! Oh well ya know, everything happens for a reason!!! By all means you should have been a homeless crack head with how your teens went..really! And instead you survived and found Rob! You would have never met had it not been for you and CT not being able to see eye to eye!

I just can't fathom getting to that point with the girls!

I just got through it by not being home and working A LOT! From 12 on I had several jobs at one time always and just stayed away. I moved out the week after graduation.

So have been choring and party planning.

Got all dogs nails trimmed
took hot soapy water and spot washed all walls and baseboards in the kit/dining/family rooms
got a load of laundry going
made out grocery lists (which doesn't sound hard but took an hour )

Party menu for now...I am not happy with it and can't figure out why Seems very unbalanced or something

Hot corn dip/fritos
hot artichoke and crab dip/bread
hot jalapeno popper dip/corn chips
chicken wings hot and BBQ
bacon wrapped cracker thingys
veg/dip
fruit/dip
cookies
caramel corn
puppy chow

Last edited by lotus33; 12-29-2012 at 01:51 PM..
Old 12-29-2012, 01:55 PM   #507
Blabbermouth!!!

OH and....have decided to paint my kit cabinets!!!! So after next week thats the new big project!

When we moved here it was the 5 year plan to redo the kit. Well we are into year 3 and no closer to doing that! We have done LOTS to the house though so not bummed but the cabinets are so ugly!!! Just going to paint them white! To even be able to stand the kit for these 3 years I bought the cheapest peel and stick tile and slapped that on the floor and then I painted all the knotty pine walls white instead of that old nasty stinky wood they were Seriously! They smelled like an old nasty cabin and old grease I guess Better now! That was the first project!
Old 12-29-2012, 05:55 PM   #508
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I've been attempting to get a response shot back to you now for.....I don't know...a while. I keep getting interrupted!!

Boy you've been busy, between the choring & the party planning!! Your snacky eats for your party look totally good to me!! What are you serving for drinks?
You guys are gonna have so much fun!! Who all are you inviting?!
Will everyone stay over the whole night? Is that how it works?

Kitchen cabinet paintings!! That's a Great project!! I'm sure you'll love the outcome & it'll make your kitchen all new feeling to you!! And clean!! Hey and if ya feel like ya gotta take before/afters....just kinda throwin' it out there, ya know.
I've been threatening to repaint our master bed powder room for a while now. Maybe I should consider starting it when you start your project!! Something to ponder.

The unraveling between my Pa & CT...well that started from probably day 1 of them getting together, really. I knew for years, growing up, that I was the glue that kept that tie bound. And was surprised that they continued on after I bailed, for another decade or so. But of course at that point they had assets together & had grown comfortable to some degree in their lifestyle...until she became involved with a co-worker, friend. That blew apart the whole thing.
She and the "friend" were together for a decade or so themselves...until she found out that he was affairing with one of his co-workers. Surprise~Surprise. Meanwhile...after some years, my Dad & his current wife had a little true love story go down...and have been together since...very much in love.
CT keeps her eyes open...even has some profiles out there on the web...goes out on lots of short -get to know ya- coffee dates...but hasn't found anything worth gettin' remotely stoked about.

Smart move on your part, as a kid, to stay busy and GONE!! No doubt!! What about your folks? How is it that they've managed to hang in there do you think?

We packed up our nieces gifties & have it ready to ship outta here on Monday. She knows to expect it and is so happy and looking forward to it. She & her little fam are really struggling $$ wise right now...like most youngin's startin' out & they're expecting their 2nd baby in a few months. So, we threw in some fun $$'s too. I remember the days very well. That was always a stoker for Rob & I to be gifted a surprise $$ treat!!

Last load of laundries to fold!! Only took me all day to get it done!!
Old 12-29-2012, 06:25 PM   #509
Blabbermouth!!!

Well i have been trying to politely word a shower invite for the SO. She wants a pampered chef shower. The consultant is an old friend of SIL and is a BOY He bats left handed , like flaming lefty! Should be a great time! So if you have any suggestions on how to word that it would greatly be appreciated!!! I started a thread in the PG. I just feel like the old biddies that are getting invited are going to be mad at the whole deal! I am not allowing the whole product demonstration bull! Its not a pampered chef party its a dang bridal shower! I already but the stop to that!!!

Oh no, people don't stay!!!! None of us drinks really so its a non issue! Just playing texas hold em. I think the buy in is $10. The pot is split 3 ways at the end. 50/30/20 percentage split. Its BYOB, we provide snacks

Yes!!! Lets have a painting party!!!! What color are you considering?? Bathrooms are hard! So many things to go around and tape!

Uhg...my parents! I have NO idea why they are still together! $$$ I suppose. My Dad retired at 53, Mom still works she is 56 now and Dad is 61. I haven't seen them together since he has retired and my sister and her kid moved out so maybe they are fine now. No idea! I know they bought a house on a lake and he stays there a lot in the summers so maybe thats the secret...avoid!

So got a few more chores done, and went ahead and gave Jack a haircut and a bath I blow dried him too so he's all fluffy!
Old 12-29-2012, 06:50 PM   #510
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Please come to our Pampered Chef Bridal Party...by Boy Unbridaled!! What is that girl thinking?! So does that mean that she's hoping to receive Pampered Chef gifties, exclusively? Like is that a strong hint?
I think you're a saint for taking all of this on!!
Closed Thread