Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2012, 08:44 AM   #451
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
WOE: mostly raw, plant based
Start Date: 9-1-14
I am having the worst morning ever! Well that may be a little dramatic but its pretty awful!

First of all I am still sick as a dog, but had to go to work since the boss lady took the rest of the week off. Its just a head cold but between the body aches from that and TOM I am

So I am not here 5 minutes and the maintenance guy comes up and says the little stray cat that is always running around here got hit or something. Looks like his back is broken and he crawled down in front of the shop doors. I called 911 they can't do anything because animal control is off today. Called the human society and they can take him but don't open until noon. So the guys put him in a box and took him into the shop. Now the shop is just the basement of the office so all morning I have been listening to this poor little cat crying in pain through the heat vents Fighting back tears for him and trying to deal with dumb people!!! Surprisingly very busy today, I guess that's good so I am not focused on this little cat but I am not really in the mood to deal with all these people Anyway going to go load him up in my car and take him in just few minutes to have him put down. My vet wasn't in either or I would have taken him there and just paid for it. The poor guy, thats what is upsetting to me, that he has had to wait all this time! I hope it only happened this morning and he hasn't been like that for days Well must have happened this morning I would think he would have died of shock and being frozen....well thats my story I am choosing to believe anyway!

Ok, going now, its 11:45 and just a few minute drive. TTYL

Sep 1~223, Oct 1~210

Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2012, 10:04 AM   #452
Blabbermouth!!!

<<<<<<<<< MAD

Back now...I should have thought about this better, the humane society is a no kill, so they vaccinated the cat and are keeping it under observation to see if maybe there is something to be done. Uh...don't you see it is totally injured and screaming

Grrrr.....should have taken it back with me!
Old 12-26-2012, 10:55 AM   #453
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
WOE: Atkins-Bernstien-High FAT
Start Date: 9/20/2001
Oh my God Loty!!
My heart feels like it's been shredded to a million pieces reading that. I'm bawling my eyes out, for the pain that little soul has had to, and maybe continues to endure, and YOU for having to be in the position you are in, in the whole thing. I pray that the Lord will end that little babys suffering and bring peace to his little soul, right now!! I am so sorry you have had to go thru this.
That IS the worst!!
Old 12-26-2012, 11:29 AM   #454
Blabbermouth!!!

You are just the nicest person I know!!!!

Aren't we a pair!!! Not a cool story on a good day but really not a fun thing when hormones are running high! I ate tacos instead of crying though Oh well sometimes you just do what you have to do to get through the day!!! Can't be bawling at work! I do keep tearing up though

Don't you just with you had a crystal ball sometimes! I never would have thought those jerks wouldn't have put him down right on the spot! I sure wish my vet was working today! Although I suppose he would have stopped in or authorized one of the techs to put him down today. He is so great! And he realizes its such a hard thing to do and only charges the cost of the meds, some of the vets around here really take you to the cleaners to put your pet down! I think my last dog was only $17, I would have gladly just paid that to help that poor little thing.

Well out of my control now, I can't think on the should haves. What happened has happened now I know better! If it ever should come up again I will respond differently!

Thanks for listening(not that you had a choice ) Your a good friend
Old 12-26-2012, 11:30 AM   #455
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My soul is just broken and tortured over the recount of your morning. I can only imagine how this must be weighing on you. That little baby was blessed by you today, Loty. Who knows what it may have had to endure, had you not been there.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:46 AM   #456
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I guess we were both posting at about the same time.

I AM SO THANKFUL THAT YOU ARE ABLE TO KEEP YOUR PERSPECTIVE IN CHECK ON THIS!! You absolutely did what you thought was best in the moment. No question about that. Your heart was most certainly in the right place...trying to do the right thing...all while it's breaking. That is so HARD!!
Taco~Shmaco...you are a winner!! Plus, there's like veggies in there & stuff. And it's a far cry from heroin.

I'm still sickened by this whole thing...like my guts been kicked...but it does my heart good to know that you're not taking this on to your soul as a heavy-crippling burden. You are a wise women. I chose well this time!! Really, I'm so happy we are friends.

What's next in your day? Keep it low key, wontcha?!
Old 12-26-2012, 12:00 PM   #457
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh my goodness..... Yup no heroin here!!! Hot sauce was as strong as it got today!

Oh the next dilema.....SO just texted me a pic of her bridal shower invite from the folks down where she lives. SIL, MIL and I are putting one on for her here so the old biddies don't have to travel so far. Well miss thing is having her other shower at a Yacht club Um sorry sweetie, you are getting the free clubhouse at the apartments that I can rent and balloons! Might throw in a carnation bouquet or 2

Holy moly!

Well besides your dear friend Loty getting you upset today as well....what else you been up to???? I am thinking about that comfy thing for your bed. Would it make a really cheap hard matress feel better? Grace has a new mattress but its sort of uncomfortable and she has been asking for a new one. I have seen those memory foam things but wowzers they are expensive!!!!
Old 12-26-2012, 12:08 PM   #458
Blabbermouth!!!

Oooohhh....perfect shower cake!!!

Old 12-26-2012, 12:18 PM   #459
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What a crack up SO is!! Seems she -really- likes being catered to?! Is she normally very self centered...or is this just cause of the hyper focus on self, due to wedding planning/details?

The cushy mattress cover could be something to consider for Grace, indeed. I was laying on my side last night, just thinking how awesome it was that my hip bone has all that cush between it & the mattress itself. What a difference!!: This cover is thicker than any regular mattress cover we've ever had before...but certainly farther than a far cry from one of those memory foam toppers. What we have is the "Quilted Top Mattress Pad" I believe. It's from Qvc. Their twin toppers are only about $12 & change.

Back in a sec!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg quilted top mattress pad.jpg (8.9 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 12-26-2012 at 12:19 PM..
Old 12-26-2012, 12:53 PM   #460
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Guess I was story telling on the mattress topper. It's from HSN, not QVC. The photo above is for a QVC product and has nothing to do with anything.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:54 PM   #461
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The mattress topper thru HSN has a little video to show all the greatness about it. It's a Concierge Collection 300 TC Checkered mattress pad.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:58 PM   #462
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

For a King it was $34.95, plus $6+ for shipping.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:04 PM   #463
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hmmm, I didn't have any luck finding that mattress pad in a twin size at all!!

I've gotta bail for a bit here...I'll be back sooooon!!
Old 12-26-2012, 02:25 PM   #464
Blabbermouth!!!

I can't find it in a twin either!

Been on Amazon looking too, no luck!

Found some others that maybe ok though. I had bought her one of those egg carton looking kind but she doesn't like that at all!

I had to stop and get dog food on the way home and some more of that happy jack supplement for their food, home now and straight away into jammie bottoms and a t-shirt! Much happier Loty now!!!

Everytime you talk about finding your pretty in the morning I think about when I first stayed home, I never did makeup or my hair, barely ever wore real clothes! Until I saw a talk show one day about husbands asking their wives to please get out of pajamas and do something with themselves! Snapped back to reality!! I will still put on jammies after dinner but always have on makeup and do something with my hair, even if its just pulled up in a clip. I don't always wear lipstick at home but this is my fave, I have about 3 going, one in the car, one in the purse and one in my desk at work. I never get dried out lips, not sure if its because of that gloss though I wouldn't think so. Mary Kay® NouriShine Plus® Lip Gloss - Makeup - Catalog - Mary Kay

If you get dry lips a lot have you ever tried this? Its an exfoliater and conditioner for lips...awsome!
Satin Lips® Set - $25 and Under - Catalog - Mary Kay

I have tried those lip dyes before too, no good!!! you know the ones that stain your lips? Uhg....they always turn h**ker pink on me! No matter what color it was originally!
Old 12-26-2012, 02:32 PM   #465
Blabbermouth!!!

I used to sell Avon too, wore a whole lotta this! Had to stop because again I was my own best customer! I sold MK for awhile also but I was like 20 and nobody I knew was spending that much on makeup!

AVON - Product
Old 12-26-2012, 05:39 PM   #466
Blabbermouth!!!

Ok, I have been goofing off with the bridal shower since apparently I am way behind Kidding I am not behind, its not until the end of Feb, but whatev!

I think its going to be an afternoon tea. With fancy little finger foods and fancy shmancy drinks and teas.

Its the best i could come up with to compete with a yacht club party
Old 12-26-2012, 06:07 PM   #467
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OoOOOooOoh!! A Fancy Tea Party is Bloody Brilliant Mate!! How much Fun is that gonna be?! Great-Great idea!! Served along side the ultra classy~trampy cake, and that'll be the winner of the showers, forsure!! I feel like I might wanna wear my dangly pearls in honor & celebration of the day...when the day gets here. You know that these earrings I speak of were hand crafted, by yours truly...as in they're craft store pearls...not jewelry store pearls. I may have to snap a piccy, so you get your visual on.

You've dabbled in quite a few little bizz ventures!! What's been your fave experience of them?
I operated a pet sitting bizz many years ago...back in California. I named it "Precious Paws". It was only ever a very part-part time bizz, but I enjoyed it VERY much. It was something I was able to do while we had a little 3yr. old foster girl, and I watched after 2 of my friends chillins, who were the same age, during that time.

That's so funny about you having watched a program that inspired you to pull some pretty together for your ML. I also caught something along those lines, years ago!! What I saw was women folk wearing plaid long shirts, baggy clothing, sweatshirts, and looking very unkept. It was pretty clear that their unflattering clothing was just quite unbecoming. At the time, I didn't dress like that. With the added poundage over this past year...I've kinda gravitated to the sweatshirts, because they are comfy & provide such good coverage. But, I realize, they are also fattening looking. Blobby. I've been trying to steer my clothing to the Loty~style, as I think THAT is very flattering.

I REALLY like one of those colors thru your MK link!! I may have to think about it!! So funny!! You know those mood rings that change color with your mood?! That seems to be the case with your lipstick turning H**ker pink colored!! Watch out ML...if her lipstick is PINK...that's the Greenlight for the opposite of *turn-down* service!!
Old 12-26-2012, 06:21 PM   #468
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So I guess it was soooo slow at Rob's work earlier...probably because we have such snowy roads, that they offered for him to take the rest of the day off. So, I was on the phone earlier, and hear someone messing with the front door knob, and the dogs start goin' off in a rage. I'm thinkin'...Who DARES go there?! Then I see someone in the window, lookin' in...
It was the Hunk.
We ended up bailing out to go get some of my insulin dope at the pharma, then HWC at the dairy wharehouse. We also stopped at Lowe's to price out their little knobs, for my drawer/vase holder project. They were pricier than World Market!! I might try the Habitat shop for them.

I hauled around here tryin' to get some of the chores knocked out...laundries, kitchen, powders....and I dunno, just lots of odds & ends. Next up is to devide those flowers up!!
Old 12-26-2012, 06:46 PM   #469
Blabbermouth!!!

crud I had already forgot about the awesome cake!!!! I'm fairly confident that I can pull it off though!!!

Been on pinterest looking at ideas and I just found some great teacups to go with that cake! Will have to PM them to you....for sure won't make the cut on here

Oh I can't wait to see what the princess thinks of a tea party! Oh and YES she is high drama/high maintenance all the time!!!! Very pouty!

Oh I would have crapped myself is ML did that to me!!!!!!!! Seems like I always have people just walking in the house but stalker/creeper/peeper in the window....crap-my-self!!!!!!!! Fun that you had an unexpected day together though!!! How much snow do you all have?? We just now tonight got oh maybe an inch. But it sooooooo windy that it is FREEZING! I don't mind the cold but the wicked wind is awful!!!

Yes my dabbling days.... I fall prey to all the dumb get rich ideas! Oh lets see...stuffing envelopes, sell people forclosure lists, hand made crafts at home, some sort of money recovery type thing, data entry, secret shopper, Avon, MK, and now Scentsy. Oh gosh I even thought I would try writing childrens books Its a no wonder ML just shakes his head at me! I think I was so desperate to do something productive when I was doing in home day care I just hoped anything would pan out! I went from being on a fast track at the job I had and very quickly moving on up the chain to a dead stop and stay at home. I needed something to do! I started renovating the house instead! One day ML came home and while he was at work I had torn down a wall! Guess it just ticked me off that day!

Hmmm...so the lipstick is showing my true colors? Is this what you are trying to tell me! ?!?!
Old 12-26-2012, 07:38 PM   #470
Blabbermouth!!!

Well hitting the sack.....I've done all I care to do around here so nighty night for me!

See ya tomorrow
Old 12-26-2012, 08:44 PM   #471
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Oh I would have crapped myself is ML did that to me!!!!!!!! Seems like I always have people just walking in the house but stalker/creeper/peeper in the window....crap-my-self!!!!!!!!
You totally kill me...the way you describe things...it just cracks me up!! You're very good at giving Awesome visuals!!

Oh and yes, yes that is indeed what I was saying...about the lipstick!!

Yep, you have had a lotta random big $$ makin' ventures!! We had a couple of the same ones too!! Envelope stuffing, selling lists (on how to sell lists ), mystery shopper, Cutco knife sales, Herbal-life vites, and ink cartridge refill kits. Could be more of those kinda positions I'm not thinkin' of right now!!
What is it that you were *fast-tracking* on once upon a time?! Anything you're still interested in?

Totally it's bedtime. I am so ready for that.
I hope you get good sleeps & feel better tomorrow. I'm sure your tomorrow is gonna be a much better day!!
Old 12-27-2012, 06:31 AM   #472
Blabbermouth!!!

Old 12-27-2012, 06:42 AM   #473
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh right on!! Coffee!! Good thinkin'!!
How about some Apple Coffee Cake to go with?! MmMmmMmm
Attached Images
File Type: jpg coffee cake.jpg (18.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-27-2012, 06:47 AM   #474
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

How are you feeling this morning?! Do the Littles stay with your MIL, during your worky time, while they're on Christmas vay-cay?

I thought I was maybe dying of some sorta goiter or something this morning!! There's a big fat egg sized lump under my left jaw-chin. After some research, it looks like my lymph node is swollen, cause of the cold. I guess I'm gonna live.
I'm about to throw down some "Throat Coat", medicinal tea goodness, and pop some extra C and Zinc.

I hope you're feeling better today!!
Old 12-27-2012, 06:50 AM   #475
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh I see we are both genius entrepreneurs!!! Awesome! I totally forgot about Herbal-life! A friend of mine did that one, I had a party but that was as far as it went! Oh my when you get to thinking about how many things there are out there I only do Scentsy for about me and 5 friends that are all addicted, I don't make a stitch on it. Just a fan

So whats on the agenda today? So far so good here at work (crossing fingers it stays that way!)

Woke up really congested and my face is puffy Like little elves jammed my head so full of crud during the night it actually puffed! Not in any pain though like an infection, just stuffy. The maintenance guy just left for home, he is a mess now too

So my CT wants to get together for Christmas today after work but I am going to tell her tomorrow. Just not feeling it today! I really need to go home after work and bust out some chores!
Old 12-27-2012, 07:28 AM   #476
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlKickinIt View Post
I thought I was maybe dying of some sorta goiter or something this morning!! There's a big fat egg sized lump under my left jaw-chin. After some research, it looks like my lymph node is swollen, cause of the cold. I guess I'm gonna live.
:
Holy cow!!!!

Thats scary!!!! I would be freaking! Thank goodness for self diagnosing online!!! Sometimes it works and sometimes you give yourself a deadly incurable disease accidently

Mr. Loty has today off so he is home with them , but tomorrow MIL is with them. They are very good though so like yesterday ML went into work at 1:30 and I was home by 4 so they stayed by themselves. We just started that not long ago.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:29 AM   #477
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlKickinIt View Post
Oh right on!! Coffee!! Good thinkin'!!
How about some Apple Coffee Cake to go with?! MmMmmMmm
Yes please, and thanks!
Old 12-27-2012, 07:31 AM   #478
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh no, poor cruddy Loty!! Gosh, I sure feel for ya, having to go put the worker-bee hat on when ya just probably would like to stay in bed, or at the least just lounge & take it easy at home. That's soooo hard. Very good plan to make a bee line to the homestead, after worky and postpone the CT Christmas visit.
Poor Manintenance dude!! Seems that we're all in the same boat!! AND TOM!! Unfair!! Wait...I guess the manintenance guy doesn't have it as bad as us after all!! His name isn't Tom, is it?

Ummmm, the agenda here....notta lotta. I've got laundry whirlin', gonna do some light dusting, vac'ing, and I need to gather some med reciepts for a research-insurance comparison project. We thought we had all our health insurance decisions made for the year...but new information has presented itself...and we must dive back into that garb.

I'm toying with the idea of making one of your Pizza meatloaves. Iffin's I do, it will involve burger, sausage, salami, onion, bells, garlic, black olives, mozzarella and cheddar. Yes, I think I -should- make that!! What an AWESOME idea!! You come up with the best stuff!!

Aside from all those fun things...I really need to just lay low. I'm concerned that this goiter-lymph node has came about because my immune system is just so bogged down with this week old sinusy-cold, and havin' a hard time recoopin'.

Oh yeah, ummm, I think at most, over the past couple days accumulation...we've got maybe 4 or 5 inches of snow. It's soooo pretty!! I love it!! How about you guys...is it still snowing?!
Old 12-27-2012, 07:39 AM   #479
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah, I'd think that the Littles would be in good shape to handle their own for those short stints. Some kiddo's you just know are solid enough to handle themselves and follow enough of the important rules, for that to be a safe bet.
Do ML & the girls have any plannage for their day, or are they gonna get to be loungies?
Old 12-27-2012, 08:36 AM   #480
Blabbermouth!!!

Just got off the phone with the littles and ML, he is on rampage of cleaning.....poor littles! G got on the phone and just said...save me!

ML would be totally happy to live in a solid white house with nothing on the walls, no decor at all, no pets, kids can stay, and very minimal furnishings. Would like it to smell like bleach at all times and just have sporting events on the tv....basically an insane asylum with a good sports package on the TV Get a grip dude!

This is how he would love the whole house no thanks!

I am contemplating painting those beams in the family room white though, its the last of the old dark wood left in the house. I had painted all the other trim and baseboards white and left the doors the dark. Hmmmm.....project next week?????
Closed Thread