Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 02:12 PM   #391
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
WOE: mostly raw, plant based
Start Date: 9-1-14

Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2012, 02:28 PM   #392
Blabbermouth!!!

will have to fill you in on the day later.

Was just informed that I have to bring fruit and veg to Grace's party tomorrow

Back off to the store. Then going to walk, going to try to get 1 hr in today since its been a few here too!
Old 12-19-2012, 05:26 PM   #393
Blabbermouth!!!

Well crises diverted! Got all the fixins for veg and fruit platters! And had a leftover platter so

Went to MIL to get that movie Ava had promised her teacher she would bring in too! Yeah more MIL and me time!

So movie was pretty good, the parts I stayed awake for! I did not realize I had fallen to sleep until a strange noise escaped me and I sort of choked a little, I was pretty smooth though and just covered it with a fake cough Hope nobody noticed!! Oh and saw the previews for Hobbit, between that and teh lord of the rings trio it def looks like the most tolerable! I think you will make it and be ok!!!! =)
I DO want to see Gatsby this spring! Love me some Leonardo DiCaprio!!!!! Ahhhh.......

Then went to get some supplies for the kids school things and that was about the excitement for that!

Oh other fun news! My little boy Jack has learned a new *special* dance that he only does with Sunday! Ava just thinks it hilarious! Now sure why he has started this fun new dance but he better get it out of his sytem pronto

Holy moly! I have been working on this post for like an hour!!! Phone has been ringin! BIL, SIL, friend, hubby Yikes my head is spinnin!

Had the leftover pizza for dinner and now I am in a carb coma! I am so tired I can hardly function! I had contemplated going off plan till after Tues but not worth it!!!!!! No way Jose!

Sep 1~223, Oct 1~210, Nov 1~207

Last edited by lotus33; 12-19-2012 at 05:28 PM..
Old 12-19-2012, 06:36 PM   #394
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
Start Date: 9/20/2001
Awwwe, such a Cute piccy of the little flower headed baby!! You're welcome!! Totally my pleasure!!

My goodness, more kitchen time & platter preppin' for you!! Your work is just never done!!

It sounds like your movie/nap time went well!! Was breaky good?!

Oh my goodness!! What has gotten into Jackie these days?! Little perv!! Are your people fixed?!

Rob's starting to sound like he's feelin' a bit more spry, Thank God!! I spent much of the afternoon choring and handling insurance garb. I may force a little bit of biking this evening.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:46 PM   #395
Blabbermouth!!!

Yeah breakfast was good, I had lunch stuff. Tortilla soup and a burger.

Oh yes all my furries are fixed! He was done when less than a year old so no idea why he did that! He always does that dance just after she has had a bath likes his women clean! But this is new, never is it just because!

I hear ya on the work! Yikers! Going to put those trays together in the morning though for maximum freshness!

I have been a slug the rest of the night! Should get some laundry done though. May think about that! I only got 20 min of walking in also today. I wish I could read and walk! That would totally make me happy!!! I would walk a lot more! Really do need up the ante a bit though. New years is just around the corner though so maybe the weight lifting will start then! Yes I think thats a good plan! Add things slowly and make them habits right?
Old 12-19-2012, 06:51 PM   #396
Blabbermouth!!!

glad Rob is starting to feel better! What time does he usually get home from work?

Have you been doping up on vits and C?

Oh gosh I went to BB&B today and saw the cutest stinking humidifiers but they were like $40 so I didn't get them. Will wait a bit. Then it got me thinking. I remember why i don't use them. The one I had was getting the wood floors damp. Then I got a tiny little vaporless one and forget why i didn't like that now

any other suggestions??
Old 12-19-2012, 07:44 PM   #397
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You are so FUNNY!! Yeah, my thought is -FIGURE OUT WHY YOU SET YOUR VAPORLESS ONE ASIDE!!- I don't think I really understand the concept of a vaporless humidifier. How does that work?! Ya gotta have vapor for steam...don'tcha?!!
I'm also looking to replace the one we have, that CT brought over here. It's ancient, hard to clean, spits out water all over the place and what looks like charcoal...and must be 1/2 or better full to work. I've got it positioned to try to spit out into the kitchen sink...but that only works somewhat well because our kitchen opens right up to the dining/living area. I'm guessing you'd maybe be considering wanting to use yours in your living room...and if that's not set up near your kitchy...that could be tough. Hmmmm...some things to think on.

Rob works from 6am-2:30pm...unless he's lucky to have a half day on a Wednesday...then he's home by 11:00am.

Yes, we're both doping up heavily on our vites, and have added *odorless* garlic pills too.

OoOoOoOOh, coveting your B: Lunch!! Well, the burger part. I've heard of lots of girls on the board here rave about Tortilla soup...but I've never tried it. I picture the tortillas being sogged...and that doesn't make me happy. Must be good though!!

Oh boy, well if this is a new level of interest for little Jackie...maybe your boy is just *growin' up*!! What's Sunday think of all that -attention-?!

That's a Good idea to hold off on the assembly of your trays, so as they are ultra fresh!! I do that with our deviled eggs most of the time too...for the same reason.

YES, upping the anti & adding weights is an Awesome plan!! Adding a little here & there will keep the *routine* fresh...and be a solid way to build those good -habits-. I wanna be able to read at the same time too!! Well, I guess I can when I do the biking on the recumbent.
I've been messing around with a new motivational thought lately. I think I've stolen this idea from somebody on one of my radio stations recently...talking about how we adults grow up & quit *playing*...and that we really owe it to ourselves to find ways to *play*. Well I like that idea!! I wanna play!! So, my hope is that I can convince myself & now you too, , that what we're doing for exercise/fitness is our *recess time*!! Yah!!
Old 12-19-2012, 08:11 PM   #398
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

There's a Hallmark movie on right now called "Battle of the Bulbs". It's crackin' me up as it's reminding me of Mr. Loty & his need/want to have a Gozillian Christmas lights!! That's what the flick is about...neighbors who are battling each other with the bigger-badder light sitchy!!
Old 12-19-2012, 08:28 PM   #399
Blabbermouth!!!

Dang...just checked hallmark on the off chance the same show is on...nope! Shoot, would have DVR'd it for Mr. Loty

I have just spent the last hour looking for christmas carols for the kids party tomorrow. Was trying to also find pictures that could be colored so that they could put on a puppet show of sorts during their party. Wasn't having any luck and then though...duh....let them design their own pictures and color them its not like they are 3!

Oh no the tortillas at the restaurant are fried so they don't get soggy I have not seen a recipe that is anything like the soup there. She did say they sell it by the bag for $20 Supposed to be 7 qts so i suppose thats an ok price

Um....Sunday just stays about her business when he is acting all dumb. We yell at him as soon as we see it. He is dumb tho and is never even in the right area! my poor special boy!!!

I think its time for a new humidifier lady!!!!! its probably mildew that black gunk its spitting out don't ya think???
That may be why i didn't like the vaporless, i can't see it so it must not be working! Hmmm...not sure how that works!
I could put one in the family room that has slate floor, those won't get ruined. Its really not the prettiest floor. Would like to lay a new one over top of it one day I would tell you that I am pretty good at ceramic tile...if I were the tootin my own horn type Ok...fine I sort of rock at it

So do you have any little hand weights or anything at the house? We can maybe plan some sort of little work outs we can both do
Old 12-19-2012, 08:50 PM   #400
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, I do have little hand weights, and resistant bands too. I think we can certainly come up with something...a little routine, or rep amounts we think would be good!! I foresee some buffness in our futures!!

A ceramic tile layer, huh?! Well that's super impressive!! Where/when did you gain that skill, Mizz. McGyver?! Man oh Man...with a talent like that...there's no limit to the kinda stuff you could put out!! At our local habitat for humanity there's always a TON of ceramic tiles...and such a selection, for dirt cheap!! A person could really get their crafty on!!

Ahhh, what a shame that you couldn't track down the Chrismas flick!! You're Dude coulda really had a laugh with this one!! It's cute!!

Super Great idea to have the kiddos design their own set!! I can imagine they'd really get into that!!

NOOOOOOOOO, the black coming outta the humidifier is not mold!! It's the result of some sorta technical thing Rob described that takes place between the heat from the electricity, the water and the salt that is added into the machine, each time it's used. It's a bit of a pain. Not mold!! It creates these little hard black rocks. They look like coal/charcoal pieces.

MmmmMmMmM, crunchy~fried Tortillas!! Now THAT I'd probably like to know about!!
Old 12-19-2012, 08:51 PM   #401
Blabbermouth!!!

Alright party people

I am off to bed! Have a killer headache starting. Wondering if it too is from carbs and sugar

Goodnight! And thanks so so much again! Sending yours out tomorrow. I decided to wait till my next monthly shipment of wax came in to see if it was something you would need. It wasn't! But you're getting one anyway since now I have 10 bars of it
Old 12-19-2012, 08:59 PM   #402
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I CAN'T WAIT!! What a FUN surprise!!

Oh no, not a headache!! I hope you're able to rest it off tonight & feel all refreshed for your tomorrow.

I'll see you soon!!
Old 12-20-2012, 07:10 AM   #403
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welperz...I was up early this morning, but forgot to jump on the scales.
B: scrambled eggs w/burger & sausage and topped w/cheddar, salsa and sourcream. Coffee w/hwc.

Today my crummy cold is a tad worse...but I'm still boppin' along...so it's still a far cry from a killer cold!!
I'm just about to strip the bedding off for the wash & unload/reload the DW-sanitize the counters. That's the plan, Man!!

How's Loty doin'?! Did your headache from last night lift?
Old 12-20-2012, 07:49 AM   #404
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes! Sorry I forgot to tell you Actually it didn't go away even with sleep I had to pop some drugs this am It was one of those headaches that it hurts to move and you hear like the ocean or whooshing in your head All better now though!

well don't got tooo busy today! I think you should take a nap and try to keep that cold at bay and catch up on sleep!

Ok...heres the veg trays...oh yeah the little loty's get the same gourmet experience! It so funny how happy they get over silly things like this
IMG_20121220_092805.jpg

So the rest of the day is cleaning!!!! Then have a couple errands to run, go to the school at 2 for the parties, then the teenager is coming this afternoon and we are tackling the last of the whole house reorganization..the dreaded laundry room!

Yes! finding playtime SHOULD be a priority!!! I just don't think your idea of *playing* sounds all that fun ...at all! But I suppose....I will play your way! Maybe tonight when its sittin on thy arse time I will do some research onto a very easy beginner strength training. Oh wait! I mean very basic game of hopscotch Maybe we can work out way up to the swings ....and then...a twirly slide!!! Whoot!
Old 12-20-2012, 08:56 AM   #405
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wowzer!! A women of many talents!! Those trays are just totally darling!! I'd be pleased as punch to be taking those into my class too!! *Struttin' all in....hey...look at my fancy trays!! *

Ewwww, bogus headache!! That's sounds like one of those severe ones...like maybe heading into migraine territory!! I hope your dope keeps it at bay!!

I thought I just caught something on the news about somewhere's in Michigan looking to see upwards of 18 inches of snow...on the soon!! Are you involved in any kinda heavy weather right now?
We're supposed to see more snow later on today...and it's said to continue off/on throughout the week.

Oh today seems like a Great day to have your *girl~friday* over!! Especially if you need any help getting the house in order for your In-Law party this weekend!! I can't remember if you told me...what are you guys plannin' to chow on for your gathering over the weekend?!

I'm not a fan of this stupid playtime either!! Now, if we lived near one another...I think we could make all kinds of fun out of our exercise time!! Like we could go play tennis!! OR ride our real bikes...and take little field trips on 'em!! Ya wanna move?! For health reasons!!
*I still go down the slides at the parks, and swing on the swings. As a matter of fact, those were some of the 1st places Rob & I sought out when we moved here.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:09 AM   #406
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh no, we don't get snow like that, thats north of us a bit. We are only expected 1-3. The rain almost melted it all now. Just a dusting left.

Not getting as much done around here as I would like. I keep making more of a mess! Cooked the little loty's scrambled eggs and toast, and then later me and M. L. had eggs, he had fried potato with his and toast, I had an apple and PB with my eggs.

Got dinner done while I was making a mess of the kitchen anyways! Taco meatloaf. Got the kit as cleaned up as I could for now, unloaded and loaded the dishwasher but still have maybe a full load to go in after

off to the rainbox as you say!
Old 12-20-2012, 04:10 PM   #407
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

mMMMmmm, your breakfasts sounds really good & very Martha Stewart'ish!!

A Taco Meatloaf?! I've never thought of puttin' something like that together!! BRILLIANT!! How do you go about making yours and do you serve topping with it??

I hear ya...sometimes organizing and cleaning are messy jobs!!
Old 12-20-2012, 04:19 PM   #408
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, I've both napped & made myself be productive around here!!
I got the bedding & towels all washed up & put back together...washing the kids bedding now. The kitchen is sparkling. The living, dining and kitchen floors are vac'ed & I spot mopped the dirty footie prints of the chillin's.

Got a wierd greeting card today. Well *I* didn't. That's the part that makes it wierd. My Dad's wife sent Rob a Christmas card, addressed only to him, on the outside and INSIDE of the card. She signed it from her & my Dad. Ummmmm....YOU-HOO....remember how it is that y'all are related to Rob?! What the heck is up?! My slighty/dissO'meter is ricocheting off the charts here lately!!

L: Jalapeno Bacon Poppers/Fancy Green Beans w/mayo & parm
Old 12-20-2012, 06:07 PM   #409
Blabbermouth!!!

Uh....thats really really weird! Do you and her not get along? Thats very strange, not even on the inside? Do you get along with your Dad? When did they divorce?

I am so glad you got a nap in!! And holy cow! You were super productive today!!!! You rocked the casbah on the chores today!!!!

I am still cooking stuff! Open mouth insert foot At the party today for Ava, her teacher wanted to borrow a movie for them to watch tomorrow and I am all like oh...maybe you would like me to make popcorn for the kids. WTH?? As soon as I said it and the teacher walked away I turned to the other mom and say..do you see how I get myself into these things?? Its like I have diarrhea of the mouth!!!! Think Wendy before you speak!!!

So came home made up 25 bags of popcorn, and then proceeded to make some green and red candy/caramel corn M.L. has man date tonight with his idol, his first boss that really believed in him. So I just whipped up the corn for him.

IMG_20121220_195207.jpg

Parties were a HIT!! Booyah! The kids were so thrilled with the veg platters, they were taking pics!! LOL Oh did I tell you the school gave them all iPads???? Uhg! Ava's party also a big hit! Thats the one I ran the activity and it was a huge success!

So taco meatloaf. Its just however you make your meatloaf but I add small diced onion and diced bell pepper add taco seasoning and a little taco sauce and mix. Top with more taco sauce, cheese, sour cream, and what over else like olives or whatnot. Voila! Its not my fave but the rest of the fams like it.

I make a killer pizza one! make your meat loaf meat, then on a peice of wax paper flatten the meat till about 3/4 in thick and rectangle shape. then layer pizza toppings, ham, pepperoni, sausage, veg, whatever you want, sprinkle with mozz and roll long end first. Cover with pizza sauce and cook. Mmmm...they are good!

I told the little girl not to come today since we are having some bad weather. Its not terrible but she is young and its the first bad-ish weather for the year so you KNOW people drive like idiots! They forget over the summer how to drive in the snow So its fine I will get with her next week. But I have lots to clean tonight! especially if company is coming
Old 12-20-2012, 07:24 PM   #410
Blabbermouth!!!

Uhg....all I have done is put dogs out to potty and put kids to bed

Crap...I shouldn't have sat down!!!!
Old 12-20-2012, 07:27 PM   #411
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh my goodness!! I'm just plain stunned by the volume of goodies you you're able/willing to produce...especially with all you have going on in your schedule!! That's just unreal!!
I'm sure everybody has really enjoyed all the gourmet treats!! And M.L. & his Buddy will surely have a Good time diggin' into their goodies!! It's just not common practice these days to be treated with *home-made* goodness!!
That's Neato that M.L. is havin' a date night with someone so special to him!!

WOW!! Ava struck gold!! An Ipad?!?! Is she beside herself stokered or what?! What a generous gift!! Wait...everybody was given one in the whole school?! So Grace got one too then?!
That's so AWESOME that all the partys were big hits!! What a fun time for the kiddos!!
Great job planning such a successful event!!

Your Taco and Pizza loaves sound *Outta-this-World*!! I can't believe that those ideas never-ever occurred to me!! I'm gonna build our grocery list around plans of making these right away!!

That was so thoughtful of you to consider the safety of your little helper gal today!!

As for the wierd card from my Dad & his wife..... My Dad & I have a Great relationship...like best friends...and the wife & I...the same. Soooo...I can only imagine that they're attempting some sort of prank with this...or ??? I don't know, could a person really get so distracted in their card writing that they make that sort of an error? Doesn't seem likely. I sent out an email to my Dad, acknowledging/thanking for the card...and decided not to bring it up. I thought either their prank will come to light in it's own time...or maybe she did just forget to add me in...and I wouldn't wanna point that out. People are strange!! Oh yeah, they've been married for something like 10yr.'s now. CT and my Dad were married for 26+ years.

What time are you expecting the fam to start to arrive tomorrow?!
Old 12-20-2012, 07:28 PM   #412
Blabbermouth!!!

OMG!!!!! I forgot to tell you. I had forgot to bring the veg dip so I called M.L. and said meet me in the driveway with it.

I pull up and he keeps trying to make out through the window Well when I went to leave apparently he had not moved his foot far enough away and I ran it over

I was so annoyed with him!!!! Serves him right trying to make out with me when I am super busy!
Old 12-20-2012, 07:35 PM   #413
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh sorry, no just Grace got one. The whole fifth grade class did. Soooo weird!!!!
A whole lotta responsibility!!!!

Oh wow!! CT and him were married a LONG time to then get divorced! Thats sad! Although....I understand
Old 12-20-2012, 07:57 PM   #414
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OMGEEEE!! You ran over his foot?!?! Oh my gosh!! Well, how is he?! Your poor Dude!! Dang!! No breaks or anything?!
WHAT A FUNNY STORY!! I had to read that to the Hunk!!
Awwwe, M.L. fancies his Loty...a LOT!!

Oh...yeah that is a big chunk of responsibility to bite off for a 5th grader!! Is Ava bummed to not havin' received one too??
Old 12-20-2012, 08:04 PM   #415
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Skippin' back-n-forth here on the posts. Your comment on the freaker possibilities for nut jobs to act out tomorrow...reminds me, I wanted to ask you if your little Loty's are going to school tomorrow??
There seems to be some concern, in some places, that some copy cat action could go down tomorrow in schools!! They've closed some of the schools in our area, because of the high volume of threats to come in.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:20 PM   #416
Blabbermouth!!!

Nope, Ava knows she is not ready for one!!! The girl knows her weaknesses!

Yes, they have school Well unless this storm turns ugly, which is a possibility!

I just don't know what to think about it. My stupid state was trying to pass a bill that allows folks to have guns in churches. hosp, schools, and daycares. Stupid rednecks! WHAT would they need that for?????? M.L. has a couple of customers that always wear their guns into shop. I didn't even know this law but MI allows you to have a gun without a concealed license as long as it is visible why. why. why???? dumb. dumb. dumb!!!!

Well kit is back in order and spruced and shined! Well all except a few dishes that will have to wait till this load is done! Oh and I will be sure to tell Mr. Loty that someone was concerned for him today!!! LOL! I kept on going and was screamin at him out the window! I thought he was kidding! I am like are you messing with me cause I do not have time for you to be messin with me! If your not you will just have to wait for me to get back or drive yourself to urgent care! What kind of bonehead doesn't move their foot!!!! LOL Yeah I must have looked all sorts of crazy! But he is ok, just ran over his toes really! ....wimp! Jeesh!

Ok, off to bed! TTYL! I work tomorrow and sooo not wanting too!

Last edited by lotus33; 12-20-2012 at 09:25 PM..
Old 12-21-2012, 08:55 AM   #417
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning!!

How are things in Loty~World today?! What came of your Winter storm? Were the little Loty's able to make to school this morning?
What a drag about having to go into work today!! I'm sure you'd much rather use this time for sprucing the Loty-mansion & readying for your Festiv~Fam time. I'm sure though, with your Super Powers...the way you pull things off...all will end up going very well!!

Oregon is that way with it's gun laws too. As long as it's in plain sight...they say it's all good. That's sure not the way it was when we lived in California!! Rob & I saw a Dude with a gun up on his dash, in his pickup one day, back when we first moved to Oregon...so maybe 2002/2003, and assumed he was a crazed maniac...of course. Nope, totally legal.

How's the wimp who had to endure his wife tryin' amputate his footie off yesterday?! I don't understand how that didn't smash his toes right into the ground!! I think wifey owes some extra special goodness to M.L. for it!!

Another rinse & repeat of yesterday over here...still feel mostly lousy...takin' things slow & easy, BUT, still gonna debit out around here.

206 this am. B: 2 slices white sharp cheddar-cuppa broth-coffee w/hwc
I'm still hungry...but nothing in this house looks good!! That's cause I don't have any biscuits & gravy. Wishy~Wanty!! Made the Hunk & kids some loaded cheesy~meatie eggs w/toppings.

Got the kitchen cleaned and DW hummin'.

Last night I dropped in over at the youtubage to find out about the Impractical Joker's. Oh my goodness!! SO FUNNY!! I LOVE that kinda stuff!! I think I watched like 3 whole episodes...before I had to tear myself away & go to bed!! Awesomeness!!
Old 12-21-2012, 10:50 AM   #418
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning! Or afternoon!

Silly busy today here at work Lots of annoying little problems I am pms-ing today too so a little cranky here and there

I know it!!!! I have no idea how he did not break it, must have had good shoes on! crazy!!! He is not even limping or anything so he is fine poor boy!

Uh-oh....I get in those moods too, when you just want want want something! Only for me if I eat it its just a day off plan not messing with the whole system like for you Maybe just have something salty, seems to me you were gonna have TOM come over soon too so you probably just are craving salt. Do you eat pork rinds? I am not a huge fan but maybe pork rinds and some dip would fix ya up!!! Know what I am craving..that cream cheese spread with the ham chunks and green onions in it ..... great now I NEED some!!!! May just eat it with a spoon

Oh that show has me sometimes laughing so hard I can't breathe!!! After you watch it a bit and get to know the guys its so much funnier!!! It gets a little raunchy at times but sooooo funny! Do you get it on your TV? Can you record things? I just set it to record and watch without commercials! Some of the things they do I just have no idea how they do it straight faced!

Another fave of mine for a quick laugh is Damn You Auto Correct! » Frosty Oh some of those Its iPhone bloopers. The iPhone, well most phones anymore, autocorrect to the weirdest words sometimes. And then when you try to fix it it keeps changing it to other stupid words! I turned mine off because it was so irritating! Always seems to correct it to something highly inappropriate....oh so funny! OK a lot highly inappropriate but just skip those
Old 12-21-2012, 10:58 AM   #419
Blabbermouth!!!

Damn You Auto Correct! » Getting Something Off Her Chest

Oh I hope your feeling better than this girl today!
Old 12-21-2012, 02:36 PM   #420
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I just cracked up looking thru some of those text error things!! I'm sure it fully looks like I've been bawling and whaling over here, as my whole face is covered with laughter tears!!
Closed Thread