Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 09:27 AM   #361
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
WOE: Atkins-Bernstien-High FAT
Start Date: 9/20/2001
Happy Monday!!

Yippee for makin' a pound bail!! Something's workin' out!!
I forgot to hop on the scales this morning.

Wowzer, that's really Great news on the Uncle!! What a relief!! Light at the end of the tunnel!!
Poor Friend of yours, with the illin' Husband...having to stay strong for someone who's acting all jerky!! What a tough sitchy!! I sure hope that fellow doesn't pick his smoking back up again!! That would be just the worst!!

I don't know what to think about your GREEN Roast!! Mine don't turn out green?! I even LOAD that crock pot up with a ton of the pepperoncinis & juice...and never has the Roast taken on a green tint. Did everyone live to tell about it?! Maybe that's the inherited, passive-aggresive tendencies comin' out. You didn't exactly seem to be totally stoked hosting eats last night!! What a crack up!!

TWENTY dozen cookies!! I don't know that I've ever seen that many all in one place!! Yeah, no wonder you get to roll with w/June Cleavers name!! I think your modified plan for this year sound really good and I bet it'll all be very appreciated!!
I've never made carmel corn before. Do you melt carmel candies and then pour it over the popcorn? Do you still use butter...and salt too?
Ahhhh, June Dear,...what a lovely wife!! See, some of that 50's action is still quite alive & well in the Loty household!!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2012, 09:27 AM   #362
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My oh my...worky till 7:30pm!! That is a long day!! I hope it turns out to be a fun party for you!!

Snow blizzard here today!! I got all ready this am, in case CT wanted to haul on over to class this morning...but she didn't. She said she'll gear up for tomorrow. No biggie...I just hopped onto the bike & pushed out 3 miles.

B: 2 Jalapeno-Bacon-Cheddar squares. ---> Oh yeah, I forgot to give you a report on those!! SUPER DELISH!! I prefer them cold. It made no difference that the cheddar was added as a topper. I'd probably chop the bacon pieces larger next time...as they kinda got lost in the batter a bit...being so teensy. Otherwise, they were Rockin'!!
As a matter of fact...seeings as how I still have quite a bit of cream cheese left...I think I'll repeat a batch of those, in lieu of the Cinnamon muffins I was gonna make. Another important piece of info.....I used a glass dish...somewhat smaller that a 13X9, and sprayed it down with EVOO spray. I baked the goodies at 350*, for close to 30min.'s. There were NO sticking issues. Iffin's you do a load of cream cheese -anything- and go with spraying the muffin cups, I'd be curious to hear how it turns out. When I use my muffin pan for anything cream cheese, it all sticks...even though I spray the pan. I've never tried spraying the paper. It seems like it would turn the paper into a sogged out mess? But, maybe it doesn't!! NEED to know!!
So change B: to 3 squares. I became reinspired to know about it again, while explaining this!!

So, it seems that it takes a LOT of energy for one person to convince the other of their level of illness!! I'll have to keep that in mind, and remember to conserve my energy next time I'm sick!! Use that extra energy for getting well...Oh wait that IS what I do!! SOMEONE doesn't.

I'm fixin' to deb~out my chore list over here!!

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 12-17-2012 at 09:33 AM..
Old 12-17-2012, 09:29 AM   #363
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

PSA: I had to break my note up a couple times, cause I exceeded the smiling limit!!
Old 12-17-2012, 01:46 PM   #364
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Your work schedule is hard on me today!! I wanna hear of all the Lotyizims that are taking place...and instead....works got you all buzy & stuff!!
<---Tantrum in action!!
Hurry home Loty!!
Old 12-17-2012, 04:16 PM   #365
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh this is so funny!! I can surely relate!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Attempt to copycat.jpg (59.5 KB, 1 views)
Old 12-17-2012, 05:31 PM   #366
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welp, because I miss my Loty...and I'm hungry...I pan fried some Halibit. I followed your tips & it stayed in one piece!! 1st time ever!! Then I got nervous about whether it was really/truely cooked enough, pulled some of it out, whole, to store for later...and then riced & continued to fry the remainder of the mash for longer. Some habits die hard!! So, the goodness is mixed in with green beans, mayo, parm, salt, pepper & garlic powder. Yeah I like foodies mixed, a lot of the time. Do you, or do you have to keep thing seperated??

I can't wait to hear about your day!! HURRY home!!
Old 12-17-2012, 05:49 PM   #367
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

This is going on the list of *need to make right away*!!
I found it on Pinterest. It looks Good!!

Zucchini Pizza Casserole

Yield: 4 servings

Ingredients:

4 cups grated zucchini
1/2 teaspoon salt + pepper, to taste
2 eggs
2 cups grated mozzarella cheese, divided
2 cups grated cheddar cheese, divided
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
3/4 cup pizza sauce
any desired pizza toppings: pepperoni, sausage crumbles, olives, peppers, onions, etc.

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 9x13 glass dish with non stick cooking spray and set aside.

Grate zucchini and measure out 4 cups. Sprinkle salt over zucchini and let sit for 10 minutes. Ring out zucchini to remove any excess water and mix together with pepper, eggs, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, 1 cup cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese. Stir to combine and spread evenly into prepared baking dish. Bake 20 minutes. Remove from oven and top with pizza sauce, remaining cheeses and any desired pizza toppings. Bake 15 more minutes and remove. Cool 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:37 PM   #368
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
Stats: 220/214/130
WOE: smash up of a few
Start Date: 3-17-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlKickinIt View Post
Your work schedule is hard on me today!! I wanna hear of all the Lotyizims that are taking place...and instead....works got you all buzy & stuff!!
<---Tantrum in action!!
Hurry home Loty!!

I was stuck there until 8:30!!!!!

I was soooo stinking busy! Had people drop in for tours, two leases to sign with people, food to cook, cleaning , and the boss lady was gone all day shopping, and then she had a panic attack so was all goofy the rest of the day

Anyhooo.....I'm back now!!!!!

Going to go back and read everything

BRB
Old 12-17-2012, 07:21 PM   #369
Blabbermouth!!!

Mmmm....that recipe looks good!!!

For getting your fish right!!!!! Trust the Loty!!! Don't touch the fish!!! You will see it turning white. The edges will get toasty looking but the flesh part will start to turn white, then flip. The second side doesn't take as long to cook. Touch it and if it feels firm its done!
Yes I will eat stuff all mixed up. I know some peeps with weird habits though!! Nothing can touch at all, or i think its my future SIL has to finish all of one thing before moving on to the next. Some people are funny!!!1

Oh those cupcakes are super funny!!!! been there done that!!!!

So..... I think cookies are back on the menu! Mr. Loty said he had about 7 people begging for them today! While I am flattered I just don't wannna!!!! Whaaaaa! But how can I deny people some Loty cookies I guess???

I am off til Friday!!!! Cookies all day tomorrow and then finish up shopping wed and thurs. May have to take MIL to go see a movie wed afternoon, I opened my big mouth and said I would . Thursday is Ava's party so I have to get ready for that as well!

Do NOT ask me what I ate today!!!!!! Not telling!!!!!!!!!! I can promise i found that lb again tho!!!

OMG!!!! I want, I want, I want, those cream cheese bars!!!!! Brilliant to cut them into bars and cook in a glass pan!!! Mine aren't as sticky now. I used the foil kind of wrappers so I don't think spraying them with Pam will make them soggy at all. But I like the idea of the bars better!

Uhg..... I am in such denial!!! Just realized while typing this that we are doing our family xmass on Friday night!!! BIL and his fiance are coming up for the weekend on friday and then SIL and her ****** bag husband are coming over also, and MIL. Son of a nutcracker.... its going to be another busy weekend!!!!

So needless to say I have no miles to add to our trip! Can't promise tomorrow either but will try to at least walk Buddy!
Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction
Ends up being the biggest step of your life.
Tip toe if you must,
but take the step.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:09 AM   #370
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mmmmmm, fishy goodness!! Problemo that doesn't seem to have an obvious, fast solution....our whole house REAKS of fried fish. It's not a good fried fish smell...it's a uggghhh...yuck, what is that smell...smell. Ewwwww!! It's nearly as potent this morning, as it was lastnight. I've got the central air fan running...opened the doors for a short time (it's a brrrr 17* out this morning!!), and lots of my cheapie, ineffective waxes, plus some spray. I still smell it!! Almost more upsetting than that is that I wanna dive into the remainder of the goodie...but I don't think I dare heat that stuff up again & add more stench!! I'm thinking about letting the kids freeze to death outside a little later this morning & have at it. But, jealous!!

That is sooo funny about the high level of NEED/WANT amongst Mr. Loty's crew for the the cookie goodness!! What's a 50' Cleaver~Girl to do?! Ahhhhh yes, save the day & make her Husband beam with pride, by baking all the live-long day!! *Even though she doesn't have the -wanna-!! Ahhhh, you make me proud!! AND laugh!! You're always good for a laugh, that's forsure!! Ok, you go debit out now!!

Wow!! How did you score such a nice chunck of time off this week?! Is that from the extra time you put in yesterday?! Oh yeah, what's with BozzLadys freak out yesterday??

Oh boy, so we've both got tentitive movie dates on Wednesday!! Mine may get postponed out a bit. Rob is still terribly sick, and just this morning I'm feeling symptomish myself.
If you two go, what do you think you'll see?! Hobbit?!

Soooo, you've got the BIL coming w/his SO on Friday to celebrate...are they staying with you guys all weekend long? Will the SIL & DB<-- be staying over as well or will they just be doing a pop in visit? How HORRIBLE to have to entertain a full-on DB in your home, during what you'd like to have be a happy/fun time!! Total drag!! Does M dislike the DBag as well?
Old 12-18-2012, 07:46 AM   #371
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So, Rob still being awfully sick, had such a whirlwind of sneeze attacks throughout the night....and wolk me up repeatedly with them. He doesn't just sneeze, like normal folk...it's like this horribly LOUD, VIOLENT sneeze X 3 or 4, each time. It literally hurts my ears, it's so loud. So last night, as I'm sleeping all nice & soundly...he rips one of those off & scares the life right outta me!! I tore outta that bedroom & threw myself onto the couch for the rest of the night. Not his fault...but really, in those twilight hours...I don't pack much compassion/reasoning abilities.
Oh yeah, all that to say that because I didn't wake in my normal environment...it threw off my weighing, again. What-evvv.

B: Scrambled eggs-2 sausage links-1 LC yogurt-double green

The kids did indeed get to chow on the stink for their B...and no, I didn't make 'em go outside in the freezy for it...but I also didn't reheat it for them either!!
Old 12-18-2012, 07:51 AM   #372
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning!!!! Just got back from the store buying up more ingredients, throw away platter, boxes, bags.....

Back now, having some breaky, a breakfast burrito and I thought I probably earned myself a diet coke for some zip for the extravaganza that is about to happen!!!

Had a terrible thought though. I am envisioning having a table full of cookies and the blasted big dog eating them Lets hope that doesn't happen!!!!!!!!!!

on fish smell I only notice it for just awhile after I cook and then its gone. But remember my kitchen is sort of closed off. i just run the vent and crack a window and poof...gone! I may have a sure for your fishy smelling house.....I will send my DB BIL over, maybe his sheer presence will have it smelling fresh as a daisy! Oh and yes, we all think he is a DB of epic, yea I said it, EPIC proportions!!!!!!!

No....won't be seeing the Hobbit She wants to see Lincoln. Phew!!!!

Yup the BIL and SO always come and stay at our house. SIL and DB only live about 40 mins away so no need to stay thank goodness!!!! I just sort of forgot and have lots to do still! So now I have even less time! But I do have the extra day off so thats good! I have those 16 volunteer hours to take as comp. I get paid for them but unless something extra is going on like the party I can only get 20 hrs a week. So I take the extra days when its convenient. I took my other day in 2 weeks when the girls are off.
Now this week I will have extra because of the party but thats just weird timing.

Ok lady off to bake! Will check in later!
Old 12-18-2012, 10:28 AM   #373
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, to the diet coke for some *Gusto*!! With all you're planning to crank out, I think it's a very Good idea!! Maybe even a 2nd one!! I'd like to know 1st hand about that breakfast burrito!! That's a fave!!

I don't think I could stomache the stinky DBag over here!! We don't even invite people we actually like over here...much less EPIC Losers we can't stand!!
Any chance in the future that your SIL will see the error of her ways?! That's always such a bummer to see the writing on the walls, plain as day, in someone else's life...and yet they blindly continue on with the poor choices. I'm so glad you don't have to host overnights them too!!

That is so Great that you can add in a little down/off time here & there!! Will Mr. Loty have Christmas off too?

I've made a type of shepards pie for lunches today...using up some of our leftover *riced* cauli...burger/sausage, sauteed onion, mushrooms, bells and garlic. I added a can of cream of mushroom soupage to it. Topped with Cheddar. I sampled it just a few minutes ago...and it tastes worthy. Making a side of the gourmet green beans, of course. And deviled eggs/black olives for hor dourves.

*Be careful of the dreaded -cooling down- period that could take place at your homestead, mulitple times today!!
Old 12-18-2012, 11:13 AM   #374
Blabbermouth!!!

oooh....your creation for lunch sounds delish!!!!

Well got my groove on now! Got about 10 dz down!

I may actually get it all done!

Solved doggie problem, they are enjoying the great outdoors today! Its scary warm this month!!! Supposed to get some snow flurries thur and fri but jeesh! Maybe thats why I am not in the holiday spirits this year! I would not like to live where there are no seasons! They sure do miss a lot!

Oh.....you will be happy to know....not one single bite yet!
Old 12-18-2012, 11:31 AM   #375
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WOW!! Not one bite?! I think that is *Outta~Sight*!! Really, what a feat!! I bet it smells Wonderful in your house!! Unlike mine!!

Letting the pups have a doggy day outside is a Great solution!! Probably really excellent for them too, with all the sunshine!!
I know whatcha mean about enjoying living in an area with -real- seasons!! This is mine & Rob's FIRST time living in an area with all 4 seasons!! We're sooooo stokered too!! It's sucha blast!! And yes, it is such a loss when ya don't get to experience them!!

So my yummy creation was met with..."It's a good thing I snacked Bacon during my break earlier...it doesn't look like there's any meat in there."
Me: Nope, it's totally meatless, aside from the BURGER AND SAUSAGE!!
And then a follow up towards the end of the eats of...SO, how'd you like your VEGETARIAN MEAT PIE?!

I swear!! Foot in mouth!! All.the.time!!
Old 12-18-2012, 12:35 PM   #376
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh Hunk!!!! He must have been sooooo sick it killed some brain cells! Jeesh I would think his loving wife would be more sympathetic to that!!! How you feeling now???? Think its actually creepin up on ya or is it the stinks you got goin on over there????

I did have some licks of frosting off my fingers.....but that doesn't really count since it falls under the grooming category!

Ok off to get the girls and then I have to stop and get big bowls for the caramel corn.....someone forget! oh yeah that was me!

wish this counted as exercise!!! I sure am working!
Old 12-18-2012, 01:02 PM   #377
Blabbermouth!!!

round 1

IMG_20121218_153858.jpg
Old 12-18-2012, 01:41 PM   #378
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WHOA!! Those goodies look like they'd come out of a gourmet goodie shop!! FOR REALZZ!! Loty!! You could be the next Mrs. Fields!! ~*Loty's Goodies*~
No wonder Mr. Loty's co-workers were threatening his very life over whether they were gonna get some this year!! They're so pretty!!
MMMmMmMmm, and carmel corn too!!

I wanna figure out how to turn some things into -grooming-!! I didn't know that's how it all worked!!

I think I've sufficiently covered all traces of stinky fish!! FINALLY!! I may consider not partaking in my beloved fish fry again until it's BBQ weather!! That just straight up STUNK!!

I'm feelin' mediocre...but not any worse than earlier.

I think it's coffee time!! MmmMmMm, that would sure be good with some cookies!! Maybe ((you)) should have some coffee and a couple cookies.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:14 PM   #379
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm getting burned out.....

Still have brownies and the corn

Hey kids...pizza for dinner!

Can't stay long...in between batches
Old 12-18-2012, 03:36 PM   #380
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That is some serious marathonage of baking!! I've never cooked or baked THAT LONG, everrrrr!! That's just unreal!! Pizza for dinners is the most reasonable choice at this point, forsure!!

Do you put on any kind of cooking/baking deal for the family, during your Holiday~In-law weekend? Do any of the others pitch in for it?

I discovered that the Gingerbread Cookie wallflower goodie smells primo~yummy!! I've got that one going now...after yanking out the Eucalyptus-Mint. That one smelled like a chemical-cleanser.
That's my wallflower report for the day!!
Old 12-18-2012, 04:22 PM   #381
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The pinkage-glitter nails I'm sportin' lookin' nothin' like this pretty pink!! I need THAT pink!!
Are you still enjoying your Christmas-glitter nails?!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pinkage.jpg (17.0 KB, 1 views)
Old 12-18-2012, 05:59 PM   #382
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ok, these ones would do too!!

How goes it in Lotyville?! Did you complete your mission?! You must be just fully exhausted from all of that!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Maybe even prettier.jpg (15.2 KB, 1 views)
Old 12-18-2012, 06:29 PM   #383
Blabbermouth!!!

still going....

These stupid jam thumbprint cookies are never ever going on the menu again!!!! They set me back 3 hrs!!!!!

Oh yeah this is an all day event! Always is! Now you see why I was not in the mood!

Oh i love both those but really love the first one! its watermelony pink..

yup still sporting the red/gold, but broke 3 nails this week! i hate to cut them all down but i may have to

Karo Syrup - Classic Caramel Corn this is the caramel corn recipe

Round 2...thanks for the nice words on the last batch

IMG_20121218_212128.jpg

Last edited by lotus33; 12-18-2012 at 06:32 PM..
Old 12-18-2012, 06:31 PM   #384
Blabbermouth!!!

Over 40 dozen
Old 12-18-2012, 06:57 PM   #385
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh my GOODNESS!! Take a few bows!! That's just an AMAZING production!! *And you must know, I don't use -Amazing- for just anything!! Your Mr. Loty is surely going to walk into work tomorrow beaming with pride, over how thoughtful his lovely bride was to go to all that trouble!! That's just such a tremendous act of Love!!
Your poor feeties must be aching something terrible after all that!!
Old 12-18-2012, 07:58 PM   #386
Blabbermouth!!!

Your darn tootin he better be happy!! No he really is very appreciative!

how's Rob doing tonight??? Must be a little better if he's making full work days huh?

So MIL called and just wants to make a day of it Now going to breakfast at 10:15 before the movie ....yes please feel bad for me!

How did you get out of going tomorrow????? Does Rob have the day off??
Old 12-19-2012, 06:19 AM   #387
Blabbermouth!!!

Ok last pick, since you made the journey with me I figured you would want to see the finale

IMG_20121218_235036.jpg

Was up early getting some stuff done, now time to get ready for my whole girl day with MIL ...booo!

oh and only up 1 so I am ok with that considering pizza was for dinner
Old 12-19-2012, 06:50 AM   #388
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WOW Loty!! You can officially wear the ~*I'M TOTALLY AWESOME*~ badge!! Those look absolutely INCREDIBLE!! It looks like something that a bakery would put out...all catered & whatnot!! Are the boxes individual cookie packages, for Mr. Loty's Big Dogs?? You make things look GREAT!!
Thanky~Thanky for sharing all your piccys with me!!

Yippee, MIL day!! So breakfast goodness & a movie!! Do you all have any other plans, for your hang out day...like shopping or anything...or is that gonna already be quite enough for one day? What a Sweet DIL you are!! I don't think they make 'em any better, really. I hope you have a yummy breaky & enjoy your movie time!!
I'll need a full-report on this, when ya get a chance!!

Rob's bailed out to worky again this morning. He's a die-hard worker-bee, and forces himself to go, regardless of how miserable he is. He says he'd feel worse staying home knowing that his time off is burdening someone else. He says he's feeling like he got a good deal of rest yesterday eve, and feels more energy for it today. I say...stay home and spare your innocent co-workers your germs, Dude!! Seems that that's not really the acceptable way though.

So, I'm full-fledged rockin' his stupid cold this morning. I had such a rough night because of it...and PMS'ing, and Ace having needs equal to an infant throughout the night. I feel wasted this morning!!
So, that's my ticket outta movie going today!!

Your goodie package should arrive anytime now!! The postal gal had said she thought it would be delivered Tue/Wed of this week. FUN!!
Old 12-19-2012, 06:58 AM   #389
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

1 lb...no biggie!! You did so good/steller yesterday!!
I remembered to hop on today...208. That's not good...but really I didn't know what it was gonna say...after not being on there for like 2 days. AND, not being any sorta fitness junkie for days either!!
Old 12-19-2012, 10:00 AM   #390
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

B: LC Yogurt-Ham/CreamCheese/GreenOlive mix wraps-Coffee w/hwc

Doing a bit of tidying up and organizing around here. Still have a handful of choring to tend to...but not in a huge rush.

I just threw some stuffed Green Peppers and Jalapeno Bacon Poppers in the oven for lunches. The Green Peppers are stuffed with the Meatless Meat Pie goodness from yesterday. I know one of us will be stoked out with the finished result!! I'm allowing a second option of Caulisagna to be chosen from, if the other kid isn't as stoked over it. The sure fire winner in the bunch of course is the Poppers...and if we didn't have these leftovers that I wanna part with...we'd have just a big load of that....but too bad, we're not!!

Off to unload the DW & set the *Colonnade* room!!
Closed Thread