Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2012, 06:06 PM   #331
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
WOE: Atkins-Bernstien-High FAT
Start Date: 9/20/2001
No, you do not look *ANYTHING* like a 3X. Not at all!! Totally what was she thinking?!

Good for you, gettin' your gazelling on!! I hope you're not pushing your footies too far.

MmMMmm, Tilapia. It seems that everytime that I try to fry fish on the stove top, I end up with hash. I just don't know what the heck the problem is!! I would Love to be able to serve a piece of fish, in tack.
Creole huh?? I don't know if I've evvvver-ever had that. Might have to give that a wonder!! Oh, a baked potato...loaded. I haven't had that goodness in years. WANT!!
Great piccy!!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2012, 07:10 PM   #332
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
Stats: 220/214/130
WOE: smash up of a few
Start Date: 3-17-14
well I gave it a valiant effort! Only got 15 min in, so combined with the 15 from the short walk this am with Buddy I can add 3. Might pop some ibupropherin (jeesh I can't spell that) tonight for the swelling. I feel like my ankle is a little swollen too.

Oh boy, you should pick up some creole seasoning!! Since you like spice you would probably like it! I just buy the Kroger brand but they are all good! Found this for you, i actually had no idea what was in it so now I know too! I will say that it is very salty though, but its super good!!! I just sprinkle a decent amount on and let it sit a few minutes. Heat up your pan with maybe 2 tbs butter and a splash of oil. I cook it on medium high. My stove goes from 1-10 and I cook it on 7-8. After its hot put in your fish and don't touch it again, cook until the edges are done looking and getting crispy looking, Maybe 3-4 min, flip and cook another 2-3 min maybe. Its important to not touch it once you put it in the pan, then you won't break it! Much easier in a non stick but I just have stainless and its works.

http://homecooking.about.com/od/spic.../blspice14.htm

The Apples to Apples game is fun with a group. Maybe 6 to 8. We have a blast but we play all sorts of games. Lots of card ones, dice, in fact we are hosting the second annual new years eve poker night again this year

i can't wait to hear how the bacon/cheddar/jalepeno cheese muffins turn out! I think they lend themselves better to the savory flavors with leaving out the sweetener. I will probably do them that way when these are done. Although it was handy this morning to have them! Which was the point so yay! Salt does bad things to me I will feel really stiff the morning after too much salt. I hobble out of bed like I'm 80! It stinks growing up huh???

So tomorrow at work I only work from 9-12 then the owner is coming up to take all of us out to lunch for Christmas. We go to a steak house place. Then after lunch...we don't go back to the office we are *supposed* to but we don't Then right after school at 4:00 Ava has dress rehearsal for the little gymnastics show she is in on Sat. After that I feel like there is something I am supposed to do but darn if I can remember Oh well! But I won't be able to see how your Zumba class went until tomorrow night!!!! Hope you rock it out! What are you wearing to that?? Just work out clothes or do you have to look cuter than that???
Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction
Ends up being the biggest step of your life.
Tip toe if you must,
but take the step.

Last edited by lotus33; 12-13-2012 at 07:51 PM..
Old 12-14-2012, 03:40 PM   #333
Blabbermouth!!!

uh oh....I had expected a full report on zumba when I got here!!!!! Hope the oldies didn't break you!!!

So much happening today Will check back in later to chat!!!!

Its almost 7 and I am just getting to start dinner!!! Got some hungry peeps on my hands right now!!!!!!
Old 12-14-2012, 06:24 PM   #334
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Heya!! What have you been up to today?! Busy over there in Lotyville?!

The day I'd planned didn't take today. Ma called up this morning saying that she had a headache & didn't feel like boppin' & zumba'in around.
No biggie...so I started in on choring and baking a Caulisagna. It literally took 2 hours, solid, to prepare that goodness. Took another 40 min.'s to bake. It was really, really good. AND even so much better hours later!!
I scored a 2 hr. nap this afternoon.
Rob & I just returned from running around. We went to the library to drop & pick up. That Fat/Sick movie was ready for me to pick up!! We drove around town to see the lights, the big decorated town tree, the lit up ice skating rink, and lots of tooling around the neighborhoods...checking out everyones decorations.

Watching the craziness on the news about all those little kids being killed. Sooooo Horrible.

So what was your day like?!
Old 12-14-2012, 07:18 PM   #335
Blabbermouth!!!

I know its horrible, just horrible! I just can't fathom it. Put a big damper on our work christmas lunch. Was a tv right by out table, sort of hard to have fun when there is so much suffering

After that I ran to the phone store, thinking about new phones but We switched to new ones this summer and they are awful, awful. Then got the girls and took Ava to her dress rehearsal for her performance tomorrow. It was awful! Highly disorganized! We we there almost 2.5 hrs and left, they had only gotten through the first half of the performance. i was so glad she was in the first half! Then got home and made dinner, suffered through watching the rest of the fams eat turlte chocolate silk pie and ice cream but I refrained

No I did not do any exercise today but I made it through 2 pretty tempting situations today and lived to tell the tale

well what a bummer about class!! I was looking forward to hearing about it! Do you and Rob plan on going over the weekend together???

Eats today
B-leftover fish
L-pecan crusted chicken, grilled asparagus
D-leftover chicken from lunch, 2 bites of chili, apple and PB

I am slightly cranky tonight, my body is not a fan of myself tonight. playing tricks on me and trying to talk me into eating eating eating....but I am saying no no no
Old 12-14-2012, 07:20 PM   #336
Blabbermouth!!!

are you watching that movie tonight? Did you read about what the story line is. Will really make you think twice about eating fast food!!!
Old 12-15-2012, 06:01 AM   #337
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good~moring!!

THAT was a good flick last night!! Love me some diet documentaries!! Those guys were very inspiring...such dedication to sticking to their eaty-abstinence!! I was thinking forsure that someone was gonna cave & dive into a plate of foodie food. Their results were fantastic!! I'm gonna pass the video onto CT, before returning in to the library.

Good idea about Rob & I going to the gym this weekend!! It hadn't even occured to me. I'll have to see what's on their schedule. Maybe one of their dance classes!!

That's a real drag about the invasive news during your Christmas gathering. Your lunch from there sounds like it was really good!! Lots of temptations throughout your day!! You done Good with the refrain & your menu choices look solid.
I used to find that when I'd have fish...or in my case *hash-fish*, I'd lose at least a pound the next day. Do you find that to be true for you as well? Now that I have some good fish cooking instructions...maybe I should test it all out!! After looking over your fish cooking tips...I think I've been overcooking the fish...by maybe 5times... and Allllways messing with it, just after I set it on the pan...in fear that if I didn't lift it throughout it's process...that it would stick....then wha-law...hash.

2.5 hours...in order to get to a couple minute performance!! I'd have bailed out the moment that was an option too!!

I think my menu yesterday was a bit outta control. I barely recall all that took place...but I do have to confess...Rob had some help bringing some LC ice cream into the house yesterday...after we galavanted around town...looking at lights. And evidence would prove that I had two...singles. Oh yeah, and it's real likely they happened as I was putting the juicing movie in to watch.
In any case...down 1.5 to 207.5.

Using the big ole humidifier this morning. That thing puts out way more steam than my -pot on the stove method-. Ma has tried alllll kinds of humidifiers, and has found that the little cheapy *Vicks* brand...$14.00 model works the very best....even compared to machines that are up into the couple hundred dollar range. So, we have her older model over here...and she replaced it out with another. Rob was just saying this morning that some dry patches he had on his upper arms have vanished. He thinks it could be from the higher humidity. It's tough to say...cause over the past couple weeks he's also cut out alotta flour/sugar too.
Ace is not scratching at-all...so for that alone...we will keep on keeping on with the steam. Oh yeah, plus I really like being able to add a few drops of essential oils onto the machine...for smell goods.
Is Jacks skin irritation settling down at all?

Well the Hunk headed out early this morning. It's his day to clean the church...and also his mens bible study/breakfast. He'll probably be back around 9'ish. I think we're gonna head to the big town over, Bend...for a little bit of store galavanting. We might hit Michaels...as we have a 40% off coupon expiring today...and we'd like to get this pretty wallflower exchanged out at BBW, for one that actually runs through the right color pattern. Also a Humane Society drop of cans.
I've got everything I need to make the Jalapeno-Bacon-Cheddar muffins...so I may bust those out too. I'm considering making them into *bars*, rather than muffins...using a glass dish.

What are your plans for the day?!
Old 12-15-2012, 06:15 AM   #338
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, I almost forgot...we're supossed to be considering going to the movies w/CT today. She's treating to the "Hobbit" flick. I'm not a fan of going to the theater. I'd rather watch movies here at the house...where I don't have to actually pay any attention to them & can get up & still do stuff. This movie is like nearly 3 hours!!
Is that something you'd sit thru??
Old 12-15-2012, 07:07 AM   #339
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

This recipe may have came from somewheres on this site.
VERY time consuming to prepare...2 hours.
Also, very good.

Cauliflower Lasagna

2 cup pan fried cooked cauliflower, grated, riced or shredded
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese & Cheddar (I may have used a lot more)
2 egg
1 cup ricotta cheese (I used a whole 14oz container)
14 oz. Spag. Sauce
Garlic

Toppings (optional)
Sausage-Burger-Black Olives-Parm-Onion-Shrooms

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Spray the inside of a glass bread pan (9X13) with non-stick spray.

Mix prepared, riced cauliflower with one cup of the mozzarella and the egg in a bowl.

To arrange:

1. Layer the bottom with ¼ cup sauce. Distribute gently with a spoon. Do not add toppings yet.

2. Layer with 1/2 of the cauliflower mix. Press down very gently with fingers after distributing evenly.

3. Layer with 1/2 of the ricotta by dotting it on in small piles and then spreading slightly.

4. Add 1/2 of the remaining sauce. With a spoon, spread and slightly mix the two layers (ricotta and sauce) for better coverage.

5. Add half of the toppings you’ve prepared. (If there are none, proceed to the next step.)

6. Layer with ½ of the mozzarella cheese.

7. Add the rest of the cauliflower mix and spread and press down gently. (I use my hands)

8. Add the rest of the sauce.

9. Add the rest of the toppings. (If there are none, proceed to the next step)

10. Add the rest of the ricotta and spread with a spoon as possible. It will be a little more bumpy, so no worries if the uniformity isn't there.

11. Add the rest of the mozzarella cheese.

Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes, or until bubbly and the cheese is golden/brown. Let rest for 15 minutes before serving.

Can be stored in the refrigerator or frozen and reheated.

*If you have no ricotta, you substitute ½ cup cottage cheese (4 ounces), mixed with 2 tsp parsley and ¼ cup Parmesan cheese (2 ounces).
Old 12-15-2012, 07:53 AM   #340
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I meant to ask you...are your little ones aware of what took place with the shootings yesterday? If so, how are they handling that info? Are they fearful? I'm hearing a lot of parents speak of how it's really unnerved their little people.

Through with gettin' ready for the day. I need to package up that wallflower for exchange still, and I think I might have enough time to mess around with the Jalapeno-Bacon-Cheddar goodies, before Rob returns.
That be the plannage!!
Old 12-15-2012, 01:10 PM   #341
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We just returned from running around. Went down to Bend, and exchanged the Wallflower goodie. Come to find out, all of their rainbow snowflake lighted Wallflower outlets were jacked up. So, we just got a regular lighted petal flower outlet & 3 smellies. A spice, some sorta nutmeg/spice and gingerbread. I hope it makes the house smell like cake!! Hit a few other shops down there and Dutch Bro's of course...to get caffenated. We dropped the babies at the Spa, to get them fully serviced. Ace was tryin' to drag his hiney this morning on the rug by my bedside. Noooooooo!! You get dropped off when that starts to happen!! Do your people do that too?? I've read about how to take care of that...but will not go there. I'm afraid that would change the dynamics of our relationship far too much.
I think we're gonna put off the Hobbit movie till Wednesday afternoon.
It's snowy here today!! I made the Jalapeno goodie before we left...then just fridged it when we bailed. I realized after we'd left that I'd forgotten to add Cheddar to it!! Rob suggested that I just top it with a load when we got home & stick it back in the oven for a bit...so that's what we're waiting on now.

Have you got your busyeeze on you today?!
Old 12-15-2012, 03:35 PM   #342
Blabbermouth!!!

Super Size Me | Watch Documentaries Free Online at Documentary Tube

Crud....I am such a dope! While that juicing movie is amazing, this is the one I meant for you to watch! I am totally impressed that man juiced that long!!!!

Uhg ...so busy today......have more to do but just now had a chance to stop in to say HI!!! Didn't want ya to think I bailed on ya!

Be back later tonight!
Old 12-15-2012, 06:41 PM   #343
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ahhhh yes, I've seen that one!! I haven't had a hamburger from McD's since. There's just nothing worst to me than animal cruelty. NOOOOO!!
I just passed the sick & dead vid to Ma this evening. She's lookin' forward to checkin' it out. Speaking of CT...she's been over here havin' me help her figure out different things on her facebook page. You can find her on my facebook page, iffin's ya wanna visual. Her name is Alicen.

Still snowing!! The streets are all white!!

It sounds like your day has been a busy-whirlwind sorta day!!
Old 12-15-2012, 08:12 PM   #344
Blabbermouth!!!

Whew.....back now

So couple things...

No I would not like to sit through that movie! We got Grace the book for Christmas so if she wants to see it I may consider taking her but will do my best to pawn it off on someone else!!! I don't get into those movies, couldn't stay awake for longer than 10 min during lord of the rings!

I totally can't wait to check out CT on FB!! I don't FB really but will totally go on there to see whats up in her world!

We talked a bit about the shootings with G, not with Ava. Ava is much more sensitive and would likely really start crying. I will have to find a way to tell her as she will likely here about it but putting it off a bit. I think G was so confused about the hows and whys of the whole thing she just moved on. Like it was too much to comprehend.

um yes I know how to take care of scooting but H*LL NOOOOO! I ain't doing it!!! Luckily it is not much of a problem here! Jack is 6 and I think I have had to have it done 2 times is all. Jack and Buddy got baths tonight too!! But at club Loty not the spa. Jack is not nice to groomers at all!! So I always have to groom and cut his hair. He is perfect for me and luckily I used to do it long ago so its not a big deal
He is still itching! A few more pills left so will have to wait a couple more days before I can take him back to the vet. I have been boiling water but the way my house is set up the vapor doesn't really get into any other room. Its an old house so not an open floor plan and the kitchen is pretty closed off. Will have to pick up a humidifier!

Sooo...how did the jalepeno thingys taste?? Did you just small dice the peppers? I am really making those next time! I had a good idea for a diff flavor too. What about hot wing flavor??? Load in a bit of shredded chicken and some hot sauce! I think it would be amazing!!!!
That cauli lasagna sounds awesome!!!! Have you tried it without pan frying the cauli? And how do you chop yours? I don't have a ricer or a grater so would have to just chop I guess Sounds DE-LISH though!!

Last edited by lotus33; 12-15-2012 at 08:14 PM..
Old 12-15-2012, 08:27 PM   #345
Blabbermouth!!!

rundown of the day...

8 am - up and get everyone showered and fed
9:30 ball game
11:00 ball game
12:00 home, feed everyone, paint Ava and my nails
12:45 leave for gymnastics recital
1:30-3 recital
3-4:30 out for dinner
5-6 walk dogs
6-bathe dogs
6:45-8:30 clean, like super clean! Going through drawers and purging stuff!
8:30 watched The Christmas Story
now---playing online!!!

I was busy with everyone else so I only got to eat dinner. Had 1/4 cup buffalo chicken dip app (hence brilliant idea LOL) with 6 chips, side salad w/ranch, crab stuffed flounder, green beans, 1 small apple with PB during movie.

Got 60 min walk in

Did have one blooper! At the start of the movie I threw in out bedding including the quilt....forgot to switch it Just tucked in Mr. Loty in a ghetto style makeshift bed ooops! Got a lot done though! Was able to throw out 3 garbage bags of stuff! You know that stuff that you hold onto because you might use it....yup new rule....its out after 1 year of no use!

Oh and did the red polish with gold sparkle tips Very Holiday-y!

Tomorrow the plan is to freshen up the kitchen and start baking! Good grief its going to be hard to not over indulge...a lot!!!

Last edited by lotus33; 12-15-2012 at 08:29 PM..
Old 12-15-2012, 08:34 PM   #346
Blabbermouth!!!

I am so disturbed by the whole shooting I was looking up Leave it to Beaver just to be jealous over what a simple time it was and found this blog.

Some funny things in there, some raunchy language also so consider yourself warned if you read it

She seemed to focus a lot on the meals but I found some of the things down right funny!

Jen But Never Jenn: Welcome to the 50s Housewife Experiment
Old 12-15-2012, 09:25 PM   #347
Blabbermouth!!!

Crap Should have went to bed instead of goofing off!

2 slices of cheese and about 8-10 pepperonis jumped into my mouth!

nighty night!!!!

Going to bed before any of that turtle pie happens to jump in there too!
Old 12-16-2012, 06:54 AM   #348
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Awwwwe, somebody had their munchy on them last night!! I think you chose well!! Assuming you did not let the turtle pie come near ya!!

The 50's housewife blogger is funny!! Her take on some of the stuff is a real crack up. Good stuff!!

What a hectic day you had, of go-go-go!! That was a whole lot of runnin' around & doin'!! AND, you still managed to fit an hour long walk in?! SHOWOFF!! Good goin'!!

Your BuffaloChicky Muffins sound really good!! That may be the 1st time they've ever been attempted...by anyone!! I've never heard of sucha thing!!

Oh poor neglected Mr. Loty...having to go sleep in a jacked up bed!! All Ghetto-Style!! That's happened around these parts too.

Neato that you've got your red/gold glittery festives on!! Mine are pink & glittery right now. I LIKEY!! I was just braggin' on 'em to Ma, yesterday. ROCKSTAR!!

Let it be known...CT doesn't visually look like CT. That's the *chameleon effect*. Yeah, on the contrary...EVERYBODY is crazy-over-the-moon with that nut. And really, there's no good reason they wouldn't be. All the whack is saved for the *only child & SIL*.

As for the -ricing- of the Cauli. I'm clearly not as fancy as others, where this is concerned. I dumped the cut up pieces of Cauli (from a whole fresh Cauli), into a large stock pot. I thew a load of butter in there...and a little EVOO too. I set it on medium'ish, and allowed it to steam/cook. As the pieces were softening...I took one of my sturdy spatulas and crushed/chopped the pieces into smaller pieces...kinda of attempting a mashing effect...until it was really tiny, rice'ish like pieces. That's my version. I've tried using the cheese grater before, and that spit little pieces all over the place!! Not a fan of that kinda extra clean up. This stock pot method worked fine. In the past, I've also dumped the cauli into my steamer...cooked up and then dumped it into a fry pan to mash/rice. The fry pan/stove top cooking helps to pull the excess water from the Cauli...which is a very good idea...so you don't end up with *Juicyagna*.

So the Hunk started to complain yesterday evening that he thought he walked into germ warfare, when we were at Michaels crafts yesterday afternoon. Someone near him coughed or sneezed or something...and by the end of the evening he said he could feel sickness creeping into his throat. He said he slept real well last night...but his throat sorness/dry-scratchy has gotten worst, and he can feel this yuck trying to move into his lungage. I loaded him up with all kinds of vites, some medicinal tea (throat coat), and have him & Kiki tucked into their reclyner...all snuggled up. They're just startin' in on watchin' Avatar. That's probably where he'll remain for the rest of the day. I just started the humidifier & dumped in a bunch of drops of eucalyptus oil. Hopefully it'll help his breathy.

So you said you're baking today?! What kinda baking?! Do you guys do holiday cookies or something?!
I haven't had a cookie in years!! I miss them!!
What else are you up to today?!

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 12-16-2012 at 06:59 AM..
Old 12-16-2012, 08:13 AM   #349
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning! Well almost afternoon I slept so long!!! Slept til 10, but was up from 5:30 to 6:30 getting Mr. Loty off to work so I just don't feel bad at all!!! And before you ask ...no I did not get up and make him bacon and eggs per the suggestions on the 50's housewife instructions!!

poor hunk!!There is a lot of nasty crap goin around!!! Hope he gets well soon and you don't get it!!!!

So went to CT-town to have a looksee. Yup its the classic cover up! I don't have a single pic of my CT!!! They actually are pretty similar in their disguises though! Does your have her nice sweet sing songy voice for normal folk and then head spinning snarls of evil for you??? LOL I vomit in my mouth just a bit when I hear her voicemail recording... if people only knew.....

So plan today go through and finish up the path of destruction I left yesterday while purging. Weird how you make a mess cleaning I just have a quick buzz through the house and then find homes for the random things that are needed that I found while the big purge was happening. Mr. Loty had the nerve at 5:30 this am while I was up and lovingly getting a full grown man dressed as if he were a child (not bitter at all this am) to tell me that he didn't think it was a s bad as it looked around here and that it shouldn't take long I know what he was saying but how in the world does that species just find a time/place/way to say stuff WRONG all the time They are funny creatures!!!!
Then on to cookie baking! Yea I bake tons usually , and send 4 huge platters into DH's work. For some reason this year I am just not into it though! I think I have like 8 different cookies planned. Can't promise how many will get done!

Oh and....weighed in today, no change at all Well thats not going to help me stay away from cookies today now is it???????

Last edited by lotus33; 12-16-2012 at 08:14 AM..
Old 12-16-2012, 09:31 AM   #350
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh man, so Mr. Loty didn't receive the full on 50's style treatment, before heading out to conquer the big corporate world today?! Surely you'll find a way to make that right. Here's an idea, of where to start with this...29. Freshen up before the husband returns from work. Consider changing into something more festive if the day dress is plain. Then maybe this...30. Set out a tray with equipment for making cocktails, should “the Mister” want to serve drinks before dinner. And definitely this...31. Greet husband “gayly”. Alright...that might just be a good start to rectifing the way of your ealier ways.

LOL...on your CT description of the voice changer!! Yeah, folks just would not believe the stuff that the syrupy sweet CT's can conjure up. It's a whole lot of *WHOA*...What?!?!

"Funny Creatures".... Yes, that's a very *nice* way of describing them folk. I know whatcha mean!! They can be exasperating!!

Do your little Loty's get in on the cookie baking festivities too?! I'd like to sign up to be the *special tester*!! Oh boy, so you're whole house is gonna smell heavenly all day!! Jealous, on so many levels!!
Speaking of smell goods...I'm NOT impressed with my little replacement wallflower's performance. It does smell good...but seems that it would only be able to stink up something the size of a bathroom. Right now it's making our hall area smell good. Totally inadequate!! I was hoping it would smell like a big baking venture had taken place over here. No. It doesn't.

I guess I need to think about hittin' some chores today. Laundry is on that list. I might consider messing around with some Cinnamon Cream Cheese goodies.

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 12-16-2012 at 09:32 AM..
Old 12-16-2012, 10:51 AM   #351
Blabbermouth!!!

I will take your recommendations on rectifying the Mr. Loty welcome home package under consideration!!! I got such a kick out of some of those. Oh and we should definitely strive to get #1-21 done everyday before lunch ....HA!

Well I just was packing up your wax goodness so don't fret! Good smells are on the way!!!! What sort of smells are you partial to? I sort of did an array of them but no florally ones. Oh and....I have this for you. I use to use it when my living room was blue and brown, I thought it would look nice with your new blue furniture!

Or I have this you could have if you want instead...

Or this...

and finally this...

So you just let me know which one you want They are just sitting in a closet doing me no good!

yea we are laundry buddies today!!!! And MIL has decided she will be gracing us with her presence later on so cooking fest will have to be split into 2 days I think Not sure, guess we will have to see. Dunno!

Have to think about diner as well! Wondering if I have time to throw a roast in???? Its almost 2, think it will cook by like 6?

Last edited by lotus33; 12-16-2012 at 10:53 AM..
Old 12-16-2012, 11:00 AM   #352
Blabbermouth!!!

This is on the list if you feel like torturing yourself by looking

Peanut Butter Cup Cookies Recipe - Allrecipes.com

Cinnamon-Sugar Palmiers - Martha Stewart Recipes

Bar Cookie Recipe

Bess London's Pecan Tassies Recipe : Trisha Yearwood : Recipes : Food Network

Jam Thumbprint Cookies Recipe : Ina Garten : Recipes : Food Network

Chewy Sugar Cookies Recipe : : Recipes : Food Network

tiny pumpkin pie-maybe

chocolate chip

molasses

caramel corn

pretzels-maybe
Old 12-16-2012, 01:30 PM   #353
Blabbermouth!!!

So in keeping with the ghetto fab bedroom theme....do you think I can pass this off as decorative pillows????

IMG_20121216_161751.jpg

Oh and MIL just called, invited herself over for dinner ya know! Can I bring pizza...no thanks, can I bring breadsticks..NO THANKS, oh well than how bout i bring pie...NO THANKS! After I said I had a roast in the crock Well ya don't like what we're having....eat at YOUR house!!!
Old 12-16-2012, 02:13 PM   #354
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOVE~LOVE~LOVE your CHUNKY heavy duty bedroom furniture!! Yeah, ghetto pillows!! I've got a couple of batches of *ghetto-pillows* I'll be unloading onto our bed here in just a few as well.
What is up with that MIL of yours?! This reminds me of a snippet of Dr. Phil I caught just this past week. The MIL in the story would just show up, univited...unannounced...and doin' as she pleased in the *kids* home. She even went thru her daughters cupboards, found some Vodka...in a big bottle, and dumped it down the drain, cause SHE didn't think it was a good idea for her to drink any alcohol, everrrrrr. The daughter is 40 years old!!
Excuse me?! Speaking of your MIL...how is her brother doing??
And, what about your friends Husband? Has anything been discovered in all the testing that he was having done?

Wowzer on your collection of cookie recipes!! I looked at a couple that I know my Dad would really enjoy. The peanut butter cup ones and the sugar cookies. I'm *thinking* about it. When we all lived closer I used to cook and bake goodies for him all the time.
Are you able to resist plowing into them yourself?! When I make goods that I shouldn't personally -know- about...I try to tell myself that it's not even edible. That it's got grody-yucked out stuff in there. If I can get the items packed up, as soon as they come outta the oven...I'm usually ok. The problem rests in the *cooling down* period.

Oh you are such a SWEETHEART!! That is so thoughtful of you to send me such Awesomely FUN Goodies!! There's nothing that I love more than heating wax smellies!! I'm sure what ever you put together will be totally Awesome!! Oh and the blue-brown burner...WOW. Thank you!! That will go just perfectly!! I'm so stoked!! I've been dreaming of a scentsy burner & wax for...years!! Literally!! A broker we used to share an office with, back out on the coast, used to burn her scentsy wax, in one of her special scentsy burners, in her office. I loved going in there, or even just walking past her door. I CAN'T WAIT!! I CAN'T WAIT!! SO EXCITED!!
THANKY~THANKY!!
Old 12-16-2012, 02:23 PM   #355
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

As it turns out...I've been doing this *sick* thing alllll wrong this whole time!! I hadn't recalled I guess?? What I need to do, in order for the whole household to be sure it is known,without a doubt, just how deathly ill I feel I am...is lots of REALLY BIG, DRAWN OUT SIGHS, and moaning. No wonder when I was last ill, that there weren't an overwhelming amount of meals prepared and drinks fetched for me. I just had it all wrong...and didn't put enough effort into doing it right. Clearly I probably wasn't as ill..or this would have likely came more naturally. Some things I obviously need to work on!!
OH.MY.GOODNESS!!
Old 12-16-2012, 05:32 PM   #356
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I made the ill one some special SF Vanilla pudding~Lemon Cheesecake pie, that wouldn't set up...so he had liquid pie in a cup.
It seemed that there was gonna be a pretty high level of despiration over the sickness, and going into the night...so I thought I'd head out to the market for some dopes...in hopes to divert some of it.
I came home with a bag of various antidotes for him to empower himself with and a pack of 4 guy flicks with what looks like lots of blow 'em up & chase 'em scenes involved.
I also picked up the Rod Stewart Christmas CD that Ma's been talking about needing. Hopefully she won't keep prowling around town for it...and it can become a little Christmas present.

I've got one more load of laundries to fold & then that'll be over with!!

I reckon that as long as CT & I are feeling well tomorrow am, we'll be heading out to our *oldies* class. That'll be good, cause I've done -nothing- in the way of exercise this weekend!!
Old 12-16-2012, 06:33 PM   #357
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlKickinIt View Post
As it turns out...I've been doing this *sick* thing alllll wrong this whole time!! I hadn't recalled I guess?? What I need to do, in order for the whole household to be sure it is known,without a doubt, just how deathly ill I feel I am...is lots of REALLY BIG, DRAWN OUT SIGHS, and moaning. No wonder when I was last ill, that there weren't an overwhelming amount of meals prepared and drinks fetched for me. I just had it all wrong...and didn't put enough effort into doing it right. Clearly I probably wasn't as ill..or this would have likely came more naturally. Some things I obviously need to work on!!
OH.MY.GOODNESS!!

True that girlfriend!!!!!
Old 12-16-2012, 06:55 PM   #358
Blabbermouth!!!

I thought you might like that blue one!!!! Ok in it goes!!! Will get it out to ya this week!

Well I think your taking great care of the hunk and he will probably be on the mend very soon, but will probably milk it out for another bit!!! Sounds like you had all your bases covered though!!!

Well threw in that roast and about an hour before we were going to eat I checked on it and it was really pink still. Can you eat chuck roast pink??? I eat steak that way but roasts I cook to death! Anyway I think I tried your method. I dumped a whole jar of pepperocini peppers in and some additional water and let her go. When I took it out of the crock it was ugly!!! greenish but stuck it in the oven and the outside browned up and it was super yum!!!! Something is ingrained in a person to not eat green meat!

Only ended up getting iced molasses cookies done. Have decided to not do the big humungous trays for DH for work. I am talking like 20 dozen....no joke! Instead its going to just be cookies for the department heads and then bags of caramel corn for all the employees. That is much more manageable! Glad I got that straightened out!!! Will have it all done for him to take in on Wed. Thats the day he holds meetings so he sees everyone!

I got all my laundry in ghetto land put away too!!! More to wash still but that will have to wait. I am done for the day!!! I had to laugh, when Mr. Loty called me on his way home from work he asked what I was doing and what was for dinner. Said was cleaning, made some cookies, and it was pot roast for dinner. You should have heard him SOOOOOOO excited! They are weird creatures but pretty easy to make happy aren't they? Since we first started dating he has called me June Cleaver so I got a extra dose of June Dear's tonight

So no work outs for me today either! Its been raining and yucky and while I walked in the rain yesterday I did not feel like washing dogs again today so I didn't even do that!

Eats...not stellar but I could have been waaaayyyy worse!!!!

B-coffee, 4 cream cheese muffins
L- 1 cup of chili
D- roast, 1/4 sweet potato, extra serving of veg, 1/2 dinner roll, 1 cookie

had 1/2 a cookie after baking in the dreaded *cool down* period also! I totally LOL when I read that!!!! Its almost impossible to not at least taste test to be sure nothing went wrong!

going to bed early, well its almost 10 now so not that early but I have a LONG day at work tomorrow! We are having our resident party and i will be there until around 7:30. Which is in reality not that bad but its a long day for me!

You better get on to that class tomorrow! You don't want to be a drop out your first week!!!! so says the lady with a gym membership for almost a year and has never gone!
Old 12-16-2012, 07:04 PM   #359
Blabbermouth!!!

ooops....forgot to give you updates on the peeps!!!

Thanks for asking!!!

Uncle is doing better finally, but still unable to sit or stand, he is weak. They are hoping that by the end of the week to be able to transport him to a rehab facility here in town so at least he isn't 2hrs away!! Will most likely be in there for around 2 months! He has lost 50 lbs and is looking great!

DF hubby came home wed I think anyway has been home just a couple of days. Has a feeding tube in and is not to eat or drink anything for 2 months!!! He is a royal PITA and is super super cranky! Went ape sh*t on DF for her drinking coffee So hard when everyone else has to eat obviously! Anyway she texted me today and said he is so frustrated he yanked his tube out!!!! Which must have been because it bypassed his stomach and went right to the bowels! Nothing can go in his stomach so as not to activate the pancreas. Not sure what is going to happen now
Old 12-17-2012, 08:14 AM   #360
Blabbermouth!!!

Down 1lb today!

Don't know how...don't care!! I know I will see it again but for today....see ya later sucker!!!
Closed Thread