Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 10:33 AM   #271
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
WOE: mostly raw, plant based
Start Date: 9-1-14
So I was fat today and just ate bacon for breakfast like 7-8 strips!

I was curious on Rob's method and tried it. I can see how cooking a lot at one time would probably work . It must create so much bacon grease that it actually fries. I just did one pound in a 10 qt stock pot. It was pretty good, did have some inconsistency in the cooking, like a couple spots weren't cooked but others were nearly burnt but overall it is cleaner than cooking in a fry pan, no grease splatters! So if I can't cook it in the oven for some reason or I need to cook up a bunch.....will use the the Hunk method!

I'm trying to be a good little Loty today and no cheats! Took out steaks for dinner, and between the fatty fat girl breaky and all the coffee I have been slurping down I am calling that B and L! I should really measure how much cream I use oh boy...am scared to know!!!!!!!!!

Sep 1~223, Oct 1~210, Nov 1~207

Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2012, 10:43 AM   #272
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
WOE: Atkins-Bernstien-High FAT
Start Date: 9/20/2001
Yepp!! That is a *FUN* idea to -work- our way to our vacay destination!! I wanna go to Israel!! I have no idea how many centuries that'll take, but that's my goal!! I'll have to google it a little later. What's yours?!

I'd like to stay & chat...but I have to bail outta here & go -watch- one of the classes at the gym w/Ma right now. She's feelin' crummy...so no jumpin' & bee boppin' for us this go around...but it'll be a good research project!!

How are you feeeling today?!
Old 12-10-2012, 10:50 AM   #273
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I started writing the note above as I was waiting a couple minutes for Ma to pull her car over here & pick me up for out jaunt. I had to bail out real quick & didn't get a chance to send that till just now.

So, you're at work this morning...how are ya doin'??
Old 12-10-2012, 10:54 AM   #274
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You light weight!! I'm not impressed with your mere 7-8 pieces of pig...not impressed at all. That's standard procedure over here...along with the rest of breaky....like eggs & maybe sausage. THAT'S a fatty girl breakie. AND, it doesn't get to start honin' in on Lunchie credit either!!
Old 12-10-2012, 10:56 AM   #275
Blabbermouth!!!

Israel it is! I'll pack a bag!

What sort of class are you all going to go creep on??? Just teasing! Its a good idea to go check it out first! I remember I took a spin class a couple years ago. It was a senior and beginners class. Oh the blue haired ladies kicked my a**!!!!! I really thought I was going to die! Those old ladies showed me whats up for sure! How embarrassing! Never showed my face again

Yeah at work, feel fine! Yay! All the loungin and pill popping fixed me right up! Ready to go today!
Old 12-10-2012, 10:57 AM   #276
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlKickinIt View Post
You light weight!! I'm not impressed with your mere 7-8 pieces of pig...not impressed at all. That's standard procedure over here...along with the rest of breaky....like eggs & maybe sausage. THAT'S a fatty girl breakie. AND, it doesn't get to start honin' in on Lunchie credit either!!

I U!!!!!!!!
Old 12-10-2012, 11:11 AM   #277
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, we change our clocks too. We're apart of the civilized folk!! I thought Arizona was the only one in the states that didn't.

Well, we went/we saw...and we may be ready to jump in on Wednesday. Wanna give Ma enough time to get geared up to bust a move. There were probably 12 women folk taking the class we're most interested in. It's called *Fit for Life" and it's geared towards older folk, or pathetic ones like me. So, from the looks of it, we'll have a shot at being able to keep up. It's a good place for us to start!! We were both stoked to find that it was ALL women...although men could join in...there were none. GOOD!!

Rob built Ma a Tootsie Roll Sucker *cake*...LOL
I ended up wrapping her Glueten free Choco cake mix and Dark Choco frosting...so she can decide when she wants me to make the goodness. Then when I see her this morning, she's going ON & ON about how she needs choco today & she surrrre is hoping that there's some sorta choco goodness as a part of her Birthday goodies!! Whoops!! I also got her a jar of dark choco peanut butter...so she can at least dive into that right away...and of course I'll bake her cupcakes this eve, if she's still dyin' for it...I just didn't wanna unwrap the presents to get 'em out!!
Got her "Gone with the Wind" DvD set, some hangy deco she's been wantin', and three glass bottles I'm sure she'll be crazy about. Plus a card with a pen that says "Cougar Club", as we always joke with her about sending her to Cougar Camp. There's a retirement home near us all that's called Cougar Estates...and we threaten her with it all the time!!
So, Rob told her that she has to wait to get her Party on over here, till he comes home from worky today. It's driving her nuts!!

I can't wait to see piccys of your *Fitness Facility*!!

Friday, Nov. 14th, 2014 = 183.5 Didn't earn it...but I'll take it!!

Friday, Nov. 21st, 2014 =
Old 12-10-2012, 11:20 AM   #278
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Piccy's

Colorado Blue Spruce...looks really tiny here...but is actually about 2ft...which I guess is still pretty little.

Ma's party table loot!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Colorado Blue Spruce Baby.jpg (84.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Ma's Bday.jpg (51.1 KB, 3 views)
Old 12-10-2012, 11:28 AM   #279
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yah, that's Transformers---> More than meets the eye, wrapping paper.
Ya get whatcha get over here!!

Gotta throw down lunchie eats for the Hunk!! Back soon!!
Old 12-10-2012, 11:30 AM   #280
Blabbermouth!!!

I love your little tree! Did you put it in the front or back???

Wow you guys are so nice to her! Thats such a nice looking party to come over to! tootsie roll cake is way better than that meatloaf one!!

I am really stoked to get going on our working out plans! Not sure if its just that I am feeling better or the excitement of you going to a class???
Old 12-10-2012, 02:40 PM   #281
Blabbermouth!!!

just saw the post about the transformers paper.....glad you cleared that up! You should have seen me at work! I was squinting with my face right on the screen trying to figure out what that was! Best i could could come up with is Star Trek...thought maybe she was a trekkie!

So.....I am having the WORST day with hot beverages!!! First off we needed to crack open a new tub of folgers at work. Went to peel off the foil and probably about a full cup of it flew at me and hit me in the neck. Of coarse a good portion of it continues down and finds its way into my bra. Told the boss lady that the girls may be hyper today...pay no mind to them! Then I get that cleaned up and make the coffee. She had bought us a new pot that filters the water. Once is awhile the filter messes up and the water goes everywhere Went to get my coffee and bam....water and coffee grounds all over the counter! Just now I fixed a big mug of peppermint tea, went to put in a splash of cream.....the cream glugged out Holy smokes I have a problem today!!

You know I never looked into who does and who doesn't do daylight savings. DH has a friend in AZ so thats where my confusion is!!! I assumed it was a time zone thing not just AZ is exempt! Wonder why that is???

I love the cougar club!!!!! That is hilarious that they have an old folks place named that!! So funny! Is she coming over for dinner too? Did I miss that somewhere? What ya fixin if so? I took those steak out for dinner but left them on a plate in the garage to defrost all day. Was afraid to leave them on the counter for Buddy to munch on! Well duh....its 30 degrees out today...no defrosting happened! Boo!

I forgot to tell you that no we don't have cats either the other day. I am allergic but beyond that not a huge fan of them either. They just don't do much for me

Last edited by lotus33; 12-10-2012 at 02:44 PM..
Old 12-10-2012, 02:56 PM   #282
Blabbermouth!!!

Trip to Israel

Oh we are going to have to work for this lady!!!!

from Salem OR to Jerusalem Israel 6979 miles.

OK...off to walk the boys. A journey of 6979 miles starts with one step right???
Old 12-10-2012, 06:37 PM   #283
Blabbermouth!!!

Dinner

IMG_20121210_175734.jpg

random Sunday pic

image.jpg
Old 12-10-2012, 06:48 PM   #284
Blabbermouth!!!

So that other thread does 10 min miles not 15 min miles. Think we should do that!!!

6979/-3/6976 to go
Old 12-10-2012, 06:55 PM   #285
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Wow, that's a LONG virtual~trip!! Is that where you wanna go too?! Do you have a specific lo-cal that you'd like to venture to? Maybe we can incorporate the stops??

How's your planning coming along with Eva's Christmas Party? Were you able to make contact with the other parent folk, for puttin' it on? Will you be baking/buying goodies for the occation?!

Rob seemed *highly* flattered and proud, that you took it upon yourself to whip up the -Hunks Bacon method-!! Your description of how the bacon cooks up in the high heat fry makes a lot of sense. I nipped the crocking method in the bud last Sunday by just making him oven baked Bacon for B. But now that I've shared that -another- has taken interest in this method...the jones'in on his part has been reignited. I will have to buckle on this & just do it to it. So, as someone with some experience in this area now...how long and what temp did you crock at? Also, did you mess it/stir it around on occation throughout it's cooking process?

Geez!! What a time you had with the beverages today!! Funny visual with the caffinated *girls*!! What a mess, with the coffee/water & grounds all over the place!! We have some fun over here like that at times, if we (Rob), don't center the coffee pot just right.

I'm SOOOOOO Glad to hear that you bounced outta your crud so quickly!! You must come from good/healthy stock!! That's Awesome!! Are you bookin' along with organizing in your fitness area?!

I'm not finished chatting......but I'll ship this one off. More to come!!
Old 12-10-2012, 07:38 PM   #286
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, I'm down with 10min/miles!! And look at you, already knockin' 'em down!! So how does this work...do we keep track of our time/miles of our own, or are our time/miles combined?

MmmMmm, I'd like to sign up for that steaky dinner!! Was that a salad of tomatos, bells and cheddar? Did you have your Olive Garden style dressing? Dang that steak looks like something I -NEEEEED-!! I'm gonna have to go rifle thru the garage freezer here in a second & drag something like that in here to defrost!!
Whatta Sweet Sunday you have!!

That's funny about you being a squinty at work, on the Transformer paper!! Yes, she is indeed a trekkie...old style. Claims that Kirk was *her boyfriend*, for many years. Not soooo much anymore. She had a fun time busting open her gifties this eve, and her & the kids went for a walk. No Birthday dinners here. I suppose I coulda...maybe shoulda....but just didn't get around to given it much thought. I LOVE the idea of the meatloaf cake!!!!!!!!! LOVE!! I will make that!! I still have the link here...and ready to take notes on the grocery goods to shop out for it!! I think it's just a darling idea!! I showed Rob & he's ready to chow on that!! I'll use turnip in place of potato, in order to shave some carbage. CAN'T WAIT!!

The little Spruce tree has been planted in the front yard. I'm a bit concerned with it's placement though. I'm wondering if we may have it too near the driveway...and what happens if he becomes a BIG boy & jams his roots into the concrete. The Hunk doesn't seem to be concerned about this...but I think it's cause he just likes where it's planted & doesn't wanna move it. I understand that. I'm still concerned. Also, what about it dropping it's needles & whatnot onto the car, when it gets big. Ahhhh, well, I'm certainly not going to insist he move it...and I don't have a better place in mind for it to go...so, it's moved to a non-issue status...all up until it starts creating those issues named above.

I have never-ever seen those pickles before!! But it looks like it's made by Vlasik, so I'm thinking I could search those out!! Rob loves pickles and vinegary things like it's nobodys bizz!! No more baby Loty's, huh?! Funny that Mr. Loty had a tinge of wonder/worry about it!!
We had the Hunk fixed too, like two months before our Christopher passed...as we thought 1 was surely enough & we were good to go. Life!! Never know what's comin' around the bend, ya know?!

That's a crack up about bein' shown up by the *oldies*!! I expect we'll get to experience that too. I told Ma she's gotta wear her *Cougar Club* pin, when we go to class on Wednesday morn. I think she's gonna!! It has a little anitmaty cougar on it, and is real cute. She wore it on her walk with the kids this evening!! What a riot!!

Tomorrow her & I are runnin' off to the next town over (Bend), to shop our tails off. Lots of stops. I'm planning to wear my pedometer, so I can knock off some mileage!!

What are you planning for tomorrow?!
Old 12-10-2012, 07:39 PM   #287
Blabbermouth!!!

Highly non inspiring!! I think if I am going to be working out down there I better get some posters of beaches or something on the walls! Maybe paint too!

IMG_20121210_212742.jpg

IMG_20121210_212735.jpg

IMG_20121210_212727.jpg

So the bacon experiment I cooked it on almost high and stirred the pot every couple of minutes. It cooked really fast! I think if I had done closer to medium and let it go for a bit longer I would have had a more even cook. I can see how it would work. Have him try like 3 lbs and see how it goes. Since you all eat pig like its going out of style apparently

I did not call Ava's friends Mom's yet. Its on my to do for tomorrow. I just today figured out what I was going to do! I am going to have them put on little puppet shows about a Christmas song. Break them into groups and work on it and then present. The teacher wanted low key activity, I hope that is ok. Its not that active but better than the usual lets glue a snowman together ...I hope!

How did CT (crazy town) like her party!!!
Old 12-10-2012, 07:54 PM   #288
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh...we were posting at the same time!

Thats funny about the pin!! Does she go out or have a man type friend??? Or do you all just tease her? My MIL refuses to go out. Said in the eyes of the lord she gave her soul to one man and will not go on a date or even just have a friend. I like to bring it to her attention that Mr. Loty's dad was her SECOND husband!!!! I quite frequently ask if all she gave her first husband was her virginity? I really am a jerk sometimes! Her response is -well he was blah blah blah religion so that marriage didn't count! whatev!

Hmmmm....how close is the tree? I would think you would want it about 15 feet away. But hey if it gets too big....move! let someone else deal with it!!! Although I HATE to move!!! We really could use a bigger house but oh heck no!!! Just going to keep making this one how we want it and tough it out! Our little one we moved from was only 900 sq ft. With all of us and dogs and in home day care...wowza I was NUTSO!!!!

Yep the salad was just like you say, well and lettuce way under there... I just had ranch today....my dressing of choice I did end up having 1 slice of turkey and 1 slice of cheese as a snack too.

Well I was just going on vacay with you! But I think your right we may want to take some pit stops! I figured it out if we both only do 3o min per day every day it will take us over 3 years to get there! I get bored in 3 minutes! We better take this in smaller chunks and work our way there!!!

So tomorrow I have to work. The boss lady has a meeting. But no school tomorrow night! Not sure what I will do with that time

Last edited by lotus33; 12-10-2012 at 07:56 PM..
Old 12-10-2012, 08:07 PM   #289
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL...CT, I like it!! Yeah, she really diggs presents/chocolate and celebrations!! Very much like a happy little kid in that way.

The Christmas festivities you're planning sounds like it'll be a lot of fun for them, and enteraining too!!

My crock has low/high/warm...so I think I'll rev it up to high at first...to get it hot, and then back it down to low & babysit it a bit. Yes, we are pig-addicts!! A couple little pork bellied hogs we are!!

Neato on all the options you have in your gym!! Maybe you need a poster of Israel in there!! I'll have to keep my eyes out...maybe we both need one...the same one.

I'm thinking I will be able to get back to the post office to ship out your special feet to ya, towards the end of this week. I'll letcha know once I get them shipped, so you can look out for them.

B: Peach LC yogurt-coffee w/hwc, ACV water-Double Green
L: Tray of couple pieces each of celery, cukes, carrots...with way too spicy Ragin' Cajun spendy~dip-tiny bit of Split Pea & Ham soupage-1/2 hardboiled and about 5 or 10 folded Salami's w/creamcheese & green olive mix in the centers. YUM!! Oh yeah, and some Black Olives.
D: 2oz Cheddar-1 Avocado-coffee w/hwc

This morning was 206.5. So a little down...Thank God!!

I'm gonna see if I can rustle you up those recipes I was gonna send to ya...I think it was the LC Pizza goodness and the Clam Chowder, for yo Man.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:13 PM   #290
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Clam Chowder

8 pieces or more of Bacon (I use nearly a whole lb.)
½ cup finely chopped Onion
½ cup finely chopped Celery
2 cans Clams (6.5 ounces each), drained and with the juice reserved
1 cup Chicken Broth
2 large Turnips, peeled and chopped into small cubes
½ tsp Black Pepper
Dash of Salt
Dash of Garlic powder
½ tsp dried Thyme
1 cup Heavy Cream

Fry Bacon and set it aside, reserving the Bacon grease. Sauté the Onion and Celery in 3 Tbsp of the Bacon grease until they’re soft.
To the Onion and Celery mix, add the Clam juice, Chicken Broth, cubed Turnips, Pepper, Thyme, Salt, and Garlic Powder. Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the Turnips are soft (about 15 minutes).
Add Clams and Heavy Cream. Crumble the Bacon and add it to the soup. Stir and serve.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:20 PM   #291
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

DEEP DISH PIZZA
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 eggs
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, 1 ounce (I used the kind in a can)
1/4 teaspoon oregano or Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
8 ounces Italian cheese blend or mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 cup pizza sauce
4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
Assorted toppings: pepperoni, ham, sausage, 4 ounce can mushrooms, green peppers, bacon, ground beef, etc.
Dash of garlic pepper or garlic powder and some Italian seasoning for top of pizza
In a medium bowl, whisk the cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Whisk in the eggs until the mixture is well-blended and smooth. Add the parmesan and seasonings, then stir in the 8 ounces of mozzarella until completely moistened. Spread the cheese mixture evenly in a well-greased 9x13" glass baking dish or lightly greased and lined with parchment paper (see note below). Bake at 375º 20-25 minutes or until evenly browned, but not too dark. When nearly cooled, take a metal spatula and carefully pry up the edges to loosen from pan. Ease the spatula under the whole crust to loosen. Keep the crust in the pan. This makes it easier to remove the finished pizza later. Refrigerate, uncovered, until shortly before serving time.
Spread the chilled crust with the pizza sauce, then the cheese and toppings of your choice. Lightly sprinkle with the seasonings of your choice. Bake at 375º about 15-20 minutes or until toppings are bubbly. Let stand a few minutes before cutting.
Makes 8 servings
Can be frozen
Per Serving: 304 Calories; 25g Fat; 17g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carbs

I don't recommend making this in a metal baking pan as it will stick making the pizza very difficult to remove and the pan very hard to clean.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:20 PM   #292
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh no...I cooked it on the stove in a huge pot! Ooops! They did it in a crock pot????? I have a huge huge stock pot I did it in. How the heck did I screw that up????

Well the big big pot works

Oh..went back and read. The guys uses a big pot, you want to try your crock...gotcha!

i'll keep an eye out next week or so for the foot goodies! You still have to PM me too

oh my...I want your little salami creations!!! Sounds yum!!!! and on the losss!!!!!!

Gonna hit the shower and hop into (or slide into I should say)bed! My last load of laundry just finished so I can get a shower now! Gotta wash the coffee smell off me Jeesh!

Sweet Dreams!
Old 12-10-2012, 08:22 PM   #293
Blabbermouth!!!

Thank you!! All the Loty's will love the recipes!!!!!
Old 12-10-2012, 08:28 PM   #294
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yepp, you got it right...stock pot was the way. I should try both the pot and the crock. I think that would make someone verrrrry happy!! Doesn't take much, that's forsure!!

Good for you, gettin' to bed at a decent hour!! I hope you get goooood rests tonight!!

I'll see YOU tomorrow!!
Old 12-11-2012, 07:37 AM   #295
Blabbermouth!!!

morning!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 08:10 AM   #296
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning!!
Down somemore this am. 204.5. I can only imagine it's from pretty clean munchin' and portions that are a far cry from the Hungry Man eats I was plowin' into before I made myself ill last week. It sure isn't cause I've been movin' & groovin' so much!! That's all about to change though!! North Plattes, or bust my pants!! One & a half miles down!! That doesn't barely get me outta my neighborhood!! But, like you said...it all starts with the 1st step & we've taken it!! YAH!!

B: LC Yogurt-Coffee w/hwc-ACV Waters-Double Green

I saw in one of the little product catalogs, from a bible store in Bend that I really enjoy, that they have your Willow people there!! Why don't your people have faces? No eyes even!! No eyes??

So I need to get ready for the day, do a little choring, throw down lunches and then I'll be off to Bend, with Ma.

You're being a worky this afternoon!! Do you have any plans for your class-free eve.?!
Old 12-11-2012, 08:47 AM   #297
Blabbermouth!!!

Well Miss Hood....your close to breaking through to the *ones* in no time!!!!!

Not sure whats on the agenda today when I get home. A walk I know and some cleaning up. The little girl is coming tomorrow and I am going to have her start with the big catch all closet in the kitchen by the door. Its a pantry/coat closet its a mess!!!

Printed off my map...whoot!! Also printed off all the baking recipies I will need for the season Not sure when all that fun is going down but I better get a move on!!!

Do my little eyeless peeps scare you?? I thought they looked like hand carved wood, dunno why I just thought they were cute. Can just imagine some old guy sitting on his porch whittling them I will have to take a pic of them all when the holiday madness comes down!

Have fun shopping!!! See ya tonight! My goal is to add 6 miles on!
Old 12-11-2012, 03:57 PM   #298
Blabbermouth!!!

B-2 tube steaks

Lunch, big salad with turkey (did not eat all of it)
IMG_20121211_111033.jpg

D- chicken/spinach/tortellini soup, salad, 1 clementine
IMG_20121211_174502.jpg

So I am missing my flavored coffee and cant put spices in the grounds at work so I bought some pure almond extract and put about 3 drops in a bug cup.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:50 PM   #299
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

MmmmmMM, your piccy's of your L & D look just right for diggin' into!! Kick down a fork!!
Your B...well, it sounds obsene...but I bet it was Great!!
Excellent idea for the additon of the Almond extract into your coffee!! YUM!!
Very good plan to have your *Girl~Friday* helper help you with your pantry/closet!! It feels so good & mind clearing to have things organized!!
Yes, there's something a little eerie about peeps that are faceless & eyeless!! They are cute though...aside from their creeper-peeperlessness. The whittling reminds me of the movie "Son-in-Law", w/Pauly Shore...when he was trying to bond with the Grandfather of the girl he's friends with and crazy about. Cute scene.
How's your 6 miles coming along?!

I'm up to 2.5 miles so far today. I'll jump on the bike for some more mileage.

S: hearty handful of Almonds.
L: Steak (inspired by Loty), w/sauteed onion & mushrooms, side of green beans w/mayo & parm, a few cuke slices with Spicy dip.
S: 1 Hardboiled-3 slices Salami-1 slice Cheddar
Old 12-11-2012, 05:19 PM   #300
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm guessing you probably didn't catch the Dr. Oz show today. He had a couple cardiologist folk on there & they were talking about how the information regarding the connection between heart issues & high cholesterol are totally wrong & that just like people have been fed bad info about the connection between fats and weight gain were wrong...this is too. They were saying that folks should stay away from those statin drugs...because the cholesterol isn't the target issue at all. They say people need to eliminate sugars and foods that quickly turn into sugars once they're consumed....likes pastas, and breads and cereals. They say that inflamation in the body, because of sugar is the reason for the heart issues.
They said that a person who has a high LDL reading must ask their Doc for a "particle size test" on the LDL, as that gives a better picture as to your heart health. I'm gonna ask for that test to be done, when I go in for labs in January.
Very interesting info. I've been hearing some buzz about this for a little while now. It sounds like there's a lot of research to back up this notion.
Closed Thread