Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2012, 05:34 AM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW
Start Date: 1/1/13
~~~LCMW November~~~

Hi All

just getting our new month started!
lil miss is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2012, 05:38 AM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

I agree, poor pig! Those neighbors are not nice!

Am thinking of challenging myself to a week of JUDDD with NO processed foods. I plan to weigh on Saturday [today is DD] and I am soooooooo nervous. Due to the wedding and travel and 2 Mid days in the last few weeks, and then TOM I haven't weighed in a few weeks now and I am so worried that if I get on the scale and see no loss or a GAIN I will freak out and get very down and sabotage myself.

I think I am starting to get a cold. Boo!

I made Borscht last weekend and it has been so wonderful and filling on DDs. I am thinking of trying to make something else this weekend, maybe a chicken broth based thing with a little chicken and lots of low cal veggies.... Hmmmm must research something good.

Anyone have exciting plans this weekend?

2 of my boys have soccer games, I always enjoy those and on Sunday I am taking oldest DS to the Symphony. He plays flute and so it should be a lovely outing for us.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:17 PM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I am at a craft show and I am staying in my trailer. All set up and ready for tomorrow. Had a subway turkey sandwich for dinner. Tomorrow I'd a DD. Brought protein shakes and HB eggs and some cream. For the coffee
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:27 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Dakini
Thanks for starting us up, Lil Miss!

I took your lead and didn't weigh this morning. Between eating more than I intended on Halloween and going out for lunch with friends I'm almost afraid if I know how much I weigh, I'll start backsliding again. Funny thing though, I'm really enjoying my DD today. Like my body has been looking forward to not eating and feeling lighter.

The Native Plant Society has their annual sale tomorrow morning, so I plan on getting up early and seeing what I can find. Then hopefully, spend the rest of the day putting them all in the ground. DH has his opening show tomorrow night, so I'll get dressed up and do that in the evening.

DH's gallery is right across from the park, and there's so much happening there all the time. They invite kids to come and trick or treat on Halloween, so the gallery itself was closed, we took turns passing out candy out front. It was packed! Weekend after next is "Elegant Holiday Evening" where they encourage people to come out in all their finery to listen to music & shop. Nice being at the heart of the town.
Dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:57 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: krittermom
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: January 9th, 2012
Dak, that sounds like such a fun town and a great location for the gallery. For next week's Holiday weekend, will they be playing Christmas music?

lil miss, you and DS will have so much fun at the symphony. Mmm, I love borscht.

Adi, good luck at the show!

This is a busy weekend for me. Last night DH and I had dinner with friends downtown at The Memphis Taproom. We were supposed to go to the First Friday open house of the art galleries in old city first, but we were all running late.

Tonight my brother and his wife are having the family over for our yearly October dinner. We're just a little late Should be a good time. And then tomorrow I have book club.
krittermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:47 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Adi, good luck at your show, nice that you can stay in your trailer.

Does sound like a nice busy weekend Kritter. Have you read Cloud Atlas? I tried, but couldn't get past the depressing beginning.

Concert with your DS does sound really nice, Lil Miss.

Off to my plant sale!
Old 11-03-2012, 06:52 AM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Happy Shopping Dak!
Happy Selling adi! LOL

Sounds like lots of nice evenings krit!

Last weigh in was OCt 11
Today I am UP .8 from that

A whole month, granted a crazy month and not perfect JUDDD but still lots of DD's and I gained .8? Sigh.

Think think think
Old 11-03-2012, 07:21 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lil Miss, it takes time for your body to really adjust to JUDDD. It allows for some binging, but only on occasions, like one meal, at least for me. That's why I didn't get on the scale this morning. The Halloween party, along with eating out and having MD's instead of DD's this last week will mean that the scale has gone up. Now if I had only gone off plan one meal, I'd be fine, but more than that triggers gain for me. I also keep my DD calories at or below the low from the JUDDD calculator. That's 389 calories for me.

I think your plan on avoiding prepared foods should help for you to lose much better this week.
Old 11-03-2012, 07:29 AM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

Yes, am also upping water intake.

And, telling myself that since I have gone back to the gym this week, and I am sore that maybe I am retaining a wee bit of water.

Thx Dak
Old 11-03-2012, 07:52 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good plan, (reminds self to drink more water)
Old 11-04-2012, 08:14 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ugh, so yesterday at my family dinner, I had an argument with 2 people who are nurses, who insist that fat causes insulin to spike just the same as carbs. OMG! And the one's husband is a type II diabetic who continues to drink beer, eat everything he wants and takes insulin twice a day, not to mention the cholesterol and BP drugs he's on. No wonder he'll never get better. Their solution is WLS. And they think that obesity is the cause of Type II diabetes. Which doesn't explain why my other sister's best friend who is very thin, was just diagnosed. She's thin but ate donuts and tastycakes all of the time. So frustrating dealing with people who refuse to read anything and believe they have all the answers because they're in the medical field and believe all of the bull$#@! that the nutritionists at the hospital feed them.

Rant over.

Off to get ready for book club. And getting ready for the counter people to come tomorrow. By the time I get home Tuesday, I should have a fully funcitoning kitchen, complete with garbage disposer, range hood and counter.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:08 PM   #12
Big Yapper!!!!

Enjoy book club tonite krit! Sorry about the rumble last night!

I am fighting a cold and LOSING. Made chicken soup today, loaded with LOW CALORIE veggies, DH and I will eat away on it all week on DD's. Didn't come out as tasty as my borscht but it is very low calorie so that's good.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:09 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Feeling better lil miss?

The counter is in! I have to figure out what I'm going to cook tomorrow night. Really wish I wasn't going away Saturday. I'd like to stay home and cook all weekend

Do you guys have any Cosi restaurants near you? I just tried their cobb salad tonight for dinner and it was delish.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:17 PM   #14
Big Yapper!!!!

Cosi? Never heard of it!

Watching eagles with DH. DH unhappy.

Oh krit, LOVE the new avi. How sweet is that face?

A little better today, now that its evening my throat feels exhausted, you know that feeling? Like the muscles are tired from swallowing all day?

Reading a new diet book. 17 day diet. Interesting. LC and LF for 17 days, then add more foods in etc. There are 4 17 day cycles. Cycle 2 is JUDDD like, you alternate day by day calories to keep metabolism jumping. You can have 2 fruits each day but lower glycemic and they have to be eaten before 2 pm. Interesting. For now am keeping with JUDDD, when my gluten free [aka frankenfoods] are gone I may do JUDDD more LC. I think adi was right, the gluten free products are hard to lose with.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:21 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks lil miss, every time I look at her picture I want to smother her with kisses.

I did so good tonight until I went to Elevation Burger and ordered and forgot to ask for bunless. I had worked late and then gone shopping and it was 8 o'clock and I was so tired and hungry I ate the whole thing.

I'm exhausted. It's 9:20 and I'm going to bed. It would probably help if I remembered to take my vitamins.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:53 AM   #16
Big Yapper!!!!

Where is everyone?

Old 11-08-2012, 05:38 AM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi lil miss,

I've been busy getting ready for my trip to Orlando next week. I'm going to a conference and the dress is business casual. I wear jeans every day so I was scrambling trying to find/buy some decent clothes to wear. And now that the kitchen's done, I'm trying to move everything back to it. And I've been crazy busy at work. I have an open position and trying to read through resumes and talk to recruiters, in addition to my day job.
And I've been trying to pick out tile for the kitchen backsplash. Finally made the decision.

I can't wait for Thanksgiving week because I'm off and I'm going to spend the week playing in the kitchen And knitting. I'm in a knitting frenzy. I want to finish this dress I'm working on and then move on to a sweater.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:12 AM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Guys,

Every other week I'm super busy, finally, I have a day off.

It took me a week to get back to my previous low of 156.5 after my Halloween fiasco, but I'm back on track. I would like to keep losing, but I'm happy if I can just stay in the 150's. This month and next are big social/eating times, I don't want to set myself up to feel I've "failed" in making my months goal.

Kritter, I'm so envious that you can knit. That seems like such a satisfying hobby. I totally understand your feelings on diet being the cause of so many illnesses. Why people don't want to take responsibility for their health, it's often what's going in their mouth!

Lil Miss, glad the book fair went well, do you use Scholastic books? I used to love buying books from them, they fit my budget at that time, LOL.

Adi, how did your show go? Hope you're enjoying your vacation days off.

So today, I want to put some more trees in the ground and maybe plant my garlic.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:34 PM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dak, have you ever tried to learn to knit? When I took the class, some people just couldn't seem to pick it up. I don't think I could have picked it up without Youtube. When I was starting, or when I need to learn some new stitch or technique, I always find a video online that demonstrates it and I just watch over and over until I get it. I'm good at it now but it really took a lot of practice and quite a few ugly scarves and hats along the way It's fun reading patterns. I'd love to get to a point where I can design my own patterns. Then I could make things that fit me properly.

Had a great low carb day today. Steak and green beans for dinner, salad for lunch and pistachios for breakfast. I can't believe I got through a day without caving into my chocolate craving.

I can't believe I'm listening to Christmas music on the cable music channel. Everything else was getting on my nerves.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:48 AM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The last time I tried a project, youtube didn't exist. Until I have more spare time, I'm hesitant to try any new hobbies.

Yesterday turned into a better weed pulling day than hole digging. We had a little rain the night before, the weeds came up really easily. So much better than weed whacking all the time.

Any plans for this weekend?
Old 11-09-2012, 08:54 AM   #21
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi everyone!

Soccer this weekend. That's pretty much it for here. Been struggling the last few days, well, this week. Had HUGE fight with DH on Saturday and been pretty emotional about my Dad. [That's what fight was about in a round about way] My Dad is coming home a week from Saturday. Awesome, right? But I am really anxious about it. He continues to fall at the home where he is now. Sigh. My mom is hiring someone to be at their house 24/7 and she isn't happy about it. Fight with DH was about Thanksgiving. A big part of me wanted to go to Pa for it as this will be the last time it is my family in my family home. I was trying to tell DH that but that I had decided it would be too difficult and he cut me off and was nasty. I got angry, told him I was too upset to talk about it and he kept after me and I exploded. Oops. In my defense I did warn him.

Anyway, been hard to wrap my mind around diet etc this week. I am cleaning house of all of my GF products and will do JUDDD but with whole foods only and see how I do. Am also upping water intake.

I wish I could sew. And knit.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:29 AM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

lil miss, I'm so sorry you and DH are fighting.

I'm off to Orlando in a few minutes for a conference. Will be there all week. I'm hoping DH gets very lonely and decides he needs a pet in the house for times when I have to travel

I'll try to check in on my Iphone during the week. Have a great week ladies!
Old 11-10-2012, 01:17 PM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I hope you enjoy your conference! Haha, maybe your husband will pick up a dog, you could let him do that w/o you? That's some of the fun in getting a dog.

Is your mom planning on moving, Lil Miss? Is that why it will be the last holiday there? It's hard when our parents start having serious medical problems. Towards the end my dad developed Alzheimer's in addition to dementia, roles switch very fast.

Last edited by Dakini; 11-10-2012 at 01:40 PM.. Reason: sp
Old 11-10-2012, 01:21 PM   #24
Big Yapper!!!!

Have fun in Fl krit!

Yes Dak, my mom plans to sell the house and move the two of them to a retirement community. 2 of my grandparents had Alzheimer's, it was devastating. You're right the roles change SO fast...

Hi adi!
Old 11-10-2012, 06:50 PM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I can understand why you'd like to be there this year. I hope it all works out.

Played in the garden, felt like I haven't done that in a long time. We had a frost last night, so I took out my tomatoes, I was surprised at all the green tomatoes I've got. Planted garlic that I saved from last spring in the tomato bed.

This the hillside I've been planting, all California natives. The big plant in the foreground is a Sugar Bush, the red flowering guy is a California Fuschia. The hummingbirds really love the fuschia.

Another Ca fuschia

Hummingbird sage in front, another sage in the back, just as the sun was setting.

Sage with small purple penstemons

Such a nice day in the garden!
Old 11-10-2012, 06:53 PM   #26
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh Dak, incredible! Wish I was half the gardener you and adi are!
Old 11-10-2012, 08:26 PM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks! It really is a lot of fun. I'm glad I went with natives, they don't tend to need any babying.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:02 AM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning!
Spent a lot of time in the garden this weekend. I hope I find something to do with all those green tomatoes. I did manage to put in my garlic. Covered the bed with a nice layer of old leaves.

DD today, plan to drink a lot of water!

Adi, hope all is well.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:50 AM   #29
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Dak - Love the plants. I need to get some more greens planted in the garden. DH got it plowed late yesterday and then it rained but the seeds are still on the breakfast table.
I have been super busy with a show every weekend and two this coming weekend. Plus DS wanted me to find his Xbox in all of his junk and ship it to him. I finally found it in a box I thought was books since all of the other boxes said books. Packed it but forgot the PO would be closed today.
Busy at work planning for next year so not much time to do anything after I get home since it gets dark so soon.
Diet is chugging along. Got to quit the cookies though.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/148/139 JUDDD 01/08/12
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:11 PM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Beautiful dak!

Lil miss dr oz is doing a segment in inability to lose weight. His guest used to workout like crazy and dieted and kept gaining weight - she said she was making things worse by the stress she was putting her body through

Can't wait to see what diet she recommends