Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 04:41 AM   #91
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Yesterday was an UD and I had a cold boiled potato for breakfast and decided to eat the lunch served by the Lions Club as their fund raiser and to buy cookies by the pound and eat those too. I had a potato for dinner. Scale this morning is 143.6 following an UD. Perfect. Back to a potato DD today.
Going to Bryan today so I will check out the potato section in the big grocery store.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2012, 06:22 AM   #92
Big Yapper!!!!

After my UD yesterday I am 144.4 so right on target. I want 144 to be my high bounce through December.
I have a new baby. I bought a Holstein heifer about 4 months old. She was born on this girl's place and was raised on a bottle since her mother died. So I will have my milk cow in a few years. I have wanted one for a long time but didn't want to buy from some of those resellers that may or may not have healthy calves. DH picks up the calf today. She is weaned so all we have to do is turn her out with the other calves. That is my Christmas present to myself. Rahter from Chloe since I used Chloe the Goat's money.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
Old 12-06-2012, 08:26 AM   #93
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Dakini
Morning all!

Since coming back from Yosemite it seems all I do is work work work. I'm trying to be more social, we have a friend that has been wanting to see Lincoln with us, so despite being very tired, we all went to see a 2 and a 1/2 hour movie last night. Maybe I'm just overdone on politics, but seeing how it was done in 1865 was not encouraging, just more fear and greed, but w/o electricity.

I'm holding my weight between 155.5 and 158. I want to finish December closer to 155 so I can try losing that last 5 pounds in January.

A new milk cow! And a Holstein!!! I remember reading that they produce some of the best milk, and a lot of it. Do you have a name?

Kritter, hope you're feeling better, your house is sounding really nice.

Lil Miss, isn't the 7th grade a bit early for the SAT's? He'll be a pro at taking them by the time he's a junior. Are you decorating this year? I'm still thinking about pulling out our lights.
Dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:25 AM   #94
Big Yapper!!!!

I am going to name the calf after the woman that raised her - Nadine. So this morning, DH fed the calves a little so they would come up and he could check roll. Nadine was right in the middle of them and headed for the food trough so she is fitting right in. I hate to wait two years for milk but that means she will be healthy and I can take good care of her. Trying to figure out where to milk her when the time comes. She will be too big to come into the milkroom for the goats but I will need electricity. Something to think on.
The scale was up this morning following a DD but I am thinking it is water since I seem to have spend half the morning running back and forth to the bathroom.
I guess I need to be more social too. I interact with a lot of people at craft shows but not on a social level. I enjoy being nice for short periods at a time.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:11 AM   #95
Big Yapper!!!!

Horrible night. I woke up at 1:30 and started throwing up all of the potatoes I had eaten all day it seemed. Now I can't face potatoes. I am that way if something makes me sick, I don't eat it for many years or ever again. Tamales when I was in the 6th grade - haven't eaten a tamale since.
Was 144.8 this morning though.
Skipped breakfast. Just had some oat bran for lunch. Drinking water. Have a terrible headache but I am not "sick." Had to have been what I ate.
Off to finish packaging lotion for tomorrow.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:41 AM   #96
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: krittermom
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: January 9th, 2012
LOL, I know the feeling. We went out to dinner last night with a couple we see a few times a year. DH used to work with the husband. Honestly it is a chore for me. All they talk about is football. Enjoyed the dinner and the wine but really couldn't wait to get home.

I'm not big on small talk with strangers, especially when I'm tired.

Dak, too funny about Lincoln. I know what you mean. I always thought things were so dreadful in politics during my lifetime but back in the 1800s and early 1900s it was horribly corrupt.

Adi, have you taken any pictures of the calf? I'd love to see what she looks like.

The rugs are up in the living room and the place is a mess. All of the wood trim is down. But the good thing is we replaced 2 windows which were so old and a mess. They actually had a lock with a key to them. And there was no insulation around or under the windows so my contractor is taking care of that. Hopefully he'll be done next week.

I'm going to see if I can get some outside lights up today and may try to get lights up on the tree. it's such a mess inside right now with all of the living room furniture pushed together with drop cloths over them and some of it in the kitchen. Hard to think about decorating with that mess.
krittermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:06 PM   #97
Big Yapper!!!!

kritter - LOL the construction zone.
I have a blog on my goatie website and Nadine has a picture from the last entry. It is whiteoakbenddairygoats

Had a great market today. he last one thank goodness. I have a little indoor private 2 hour show next Wednesday night , then I can go fill my booth at the craft mall. I just found out that the big anitque store in town is actually an antique mall. I am going to see if I can rent a space big enough for a very old very poor condition piece of furniture that can house my soap and sell soap there. We shall see if they allow that.
off to drink some broth and relax.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:32 PM   #98
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

She's beautiful Adi! I know nothing about cows but she looks perfect to me

I got lights up around the screened-in porch. That'll probably be it for the outside this year.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:17 PM   #99
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Kritter. I think she is pretty too. Love her very straight back and she has a little personality too. Tomorrow I will do another blog post with the neighbor's turkey that stays at our house more than theirs. Hoep we are doing a good job feeding him out for Christmas dinner.
I did a potato UD today since I was at a show and was busy and the cold boiled taters were easy to eat
DH wanted to know if I ate all of the cookies I had baked. NO, I put them in the freezer. He wanted some to eat while he is watching the National Finals Rodeo. I made Laura Bush's chocolte chip cookies. They are really good with coconut, old fashioned oats, nuts and chocolate chips. I thought freezing them would keep me out of them and it worked.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:25 PM   #100
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW
Start Date: 1/1/13
Oh adi, she IS beautiful! So sorry you weren't feeling well! Are you feeling better now?

those cookies sound good!

Krit- Wow renovations sound like so much fun! I saw vita mixer on williams sonoma - holy cow the price!!!!

Nice date nice with DH last night. McGala - raises money for the ronald mcdonald house, DH bid on silent auction and won me some jewelery. Nice!

Tomorrow we are taking the boys to see our city's youth symphony... DS # 1 wants to try out this spring.... Exciting and scary!
lil miss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:52 PM   #101
Big Yapper!!!!

lilmiss - Sounds like something DS#1 would enjoy if her were to make the symphony and it will give him a goal to work towards. Go for it.
I feel fine although I had a headache all day yesterday which kind of worried me but I kept drinking water in case it was dehydration and I am fine today. Thank goodness.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:38 AM   #102
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Adi, LOL about the cookies! You have to hide these things from them. My DH has no sense of how much things cost and he will eat an entire $15 pie in one day.

lil miss, the renovations are not fun! LOL. But in our last house, I had white walls for about 13 years and the year before we moved I painted and could have kicked myself for waiting so long. The paint warmed up the house so much. And we have very bright recessed lights in the living room and they make the white walls look like an old hospital room.

Going to the symphony sounds like so much fun! What instrument does your DS play? Did you ever listen to "From the Top"? It's on our Classical station on Sunday afternoons. They travel around the world and feature students playing various instruments and the host interviews the kids. It's so much fun listening to them. From the Top at Carnegie Hall . Home | PBS

I have a 3 day week coming up and Tuesday's a short day because we have a work Christmas party. I love the holidays!
Old 12-09-2012, 09:32 AM   #103
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning!

Reached a new low this morning, 155. Without sounding like a broken record, I'm so happy I've found this. This is the time of year that I gain, starchier foods, cold weather, I've even gotten to the point I enjoy my DD's and not eating, not having to cook, feeling lighter in my body, giving my digestive system time to recover.

Costco had a lighted magnifying mirror on sale, you know the type with the 8x magnification? That mirror has been great for makeup, I can even put eye makeup on with my contacts on now, but mirrors don't lie, and the reality of my aging face has hit. I've started doing facial exercises again, I can see they're making a difference already. If you're interested, the series I've found is called CarolynsFacialFitness. It does cost money, but it's really pretty reasonable, she also has tons of videos so you can see what her technique is like.

Kritter, I know what you mean about lights! At Lowe's I found "blush" light bulbs, just a slight tint of pink, that I'm using in my yoga room, I really love how it warms up the room, almost like the glow of a candle. What colors are you doing your walls?

Adi, Nadine is absolutely beautiful. Great coloring. When I lived in Oregon I would buy raw milk from a farmer with Holsteins, the cream as it floated to the top was so delicious, it will be worth the wait.

Awful about your body rejecting the potatoes, hopefully it won't put you completely off potatoes for the future, they go so well with eggs.

I think an old piece of furniture would be perfect to show off your soaps. Would be nice to be able to refer your customers to a physical location they can use to restock.

Lil Miss, I bought my Vitamix about 10, 12 years ago, it was expensive then, but it's been so reliable, I've never regretted spending the money. I could have bought a cheaper model, but would it last so long?

That's so cool that your son enjoys classical music. You are such a great mom. I hope you all enjoy the symphony.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:01 PM   #104
Big Yapper!!!!

Dak - Congratulations on being 155. I too love JUDDD. I can eat that cookie and still lose weight.
LOL about the mirror. I know how that goes.
And I had a tiny little potato cut up in my broth for dinner so I am trying them out again.
We are sitting here waiting on the cold front. It was hot earlier so we are expecting some rain when it hits. Goaties all have hay so they should be happy girls and boys.

Had a dead chicken when I went out to feed and gather eggs. Looks like she just fell off the roost in front of the nest boxes.
Nadine is getting a little better about staying with the other calves. She was kind of acting like a loner at first.
Had a great show Saturday except I had new neighbors on both sides of me. One was an older man that NEVER SHUT UP. He drove me nuts. I am used to having a little man from Germany on that side who is soft spoken and talks to his customers - not me. The ones on the other side were quiet. Looked over and the woman was sound asleep in her chair. She took quite a long nap. Strange. Hard to sell anything when you are sleeping. Here hubby was awake but was reading. Nothing was priced. Each customer had to ask what everything cost. So I got to hear that over and over.
BUT wearned enough to buy some more hay.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:23 PM   #105
Big Yapper!!!!

I think these turned out nicely. And the old piece of furniture has shelves that can hold a lot of soap.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:42 PM   #106
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

adi the soaps are lovely! Looks great on that rustic shelf. Poor chicken. Maybe it was old age? I would go crazy with someone talking to me all day.

Dak, funny you should mention that mirror. I have seen a real change in my skin. I'm starting to get saggy jowls My plan is to save for a facelift How much time do you have to do those exercises each day? I've been having a lot of rashy issues on my face and have stopped everything but I really need to get back to my retin-a.

I'm painting the living room a taupe color.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:49 PM   #107
Big Yapper!!!!

kritter - chickens will sometimes just have a heart attack and fall off the roost dead. Guess she did. She was only a year old so I was kind of surprised.
Love taupe by the way. Hope it looks nice when finished. I had a employee that had a face lift several years ago during spring break. Two years later and she looked older and had these little pig eyes due to the surgery. She was pretty before the surgery.
So I guess it works differently for different people. She stayed in the sun a lot though. Watching here broke me of wanting a face lift. Too big of a gamble.
Not trying to discourage you - just why I am not interested. Although I can't say I enjoy looking old with wrinkles.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:45 PM   #108
Big Yapper!!!!

I took off today and went to a livestock auction. Prairie View A&M University has a goat dairy and they were sending some of their goats to the auction. After you buy them you can send the info to PV and get the goat's registration papers. Anyway, I had a great time and came home with 2 mature does. I paid $95 for one and $320 for the other. I paid that much becasue I did not want the person bidding against me to get her. Silly but I do really like her but acutally like the other none a little better now that I have them home and can really look at them.
DD for me. Had oat bran for B and potatoes the rest of the day.
Off to feed and do whatever.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:10 PM   #109
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi guys!

I took off today too Adi. I went to the wine store and spent $400 on booze LOL. I got a lot of wine but I also got some vodkas and DiSarrono. The place was packed. I keep thinking the rest of the world will be at work while I'm out shopping, but they're not darnit!

I'm off tomorrow too and plan on getting some Christmas shopping done. I got a few things today. Oh and I have to decorate the tree this weekend too. I'm so glad I saved all of this time for the end of the year. Makes Christmas so much less stressful.

Went to a chiropractor today and got "adjusted". First time I had it done and wow was it strange - but in a good way. My back felt straighter as soon as it was done.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:19 PM   #110
Big Yapper!!!!

kritter - I am off tomorrow too since I volunteered to be on the election committee for a goat organization and we are meeting to count the mail in ballots about 1 1/2 hours from her. Kind of in the middle for all 3 of us.
I haven't been to a liquor store in forever but I would imagine it is really expensive these days. I need to go buy some 100 proof vodka to make my vanilla extract since I have a new shipment of vanilla beans.
Good news about your back. DH gets adjusted by the local PT sometimes which helps him.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:29 PM   #111
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello All!

Sorry I haven't checked in for a while, life just gets so busy. All is good, though of course, there's life, our wood stove isn't burning very well, we did just get it cleaned last spring, repair service can't get here until Monday. I'm sitting here with two wool sweaters on and a beanie.

So my face exercises take about a half an hour, she doesn't recommend doing them everyday, so it's just 3x's a week. If you look at Carolyn's videos, she really is a testament to how well they work, she's 65.

Glad you're getting some time off, Kritter! Sounds like you'll be prepared for entertaining! Hope your back is feeling better.

Adi, you are one busy lady! I enjoy reading your blog.

Lil Miss, how goes the Christmas season? Are your boys off yet for vacation?

Good news, down another pound, now I'm 154. Going to visit family next Friday for an "end of the world last supper" so at least I'll be good weight for when the poles shift.

LOL
Old 12-15-2012, 04:55 PM   #112
Big Yapper!!!!

Dak - I posted today about my new barn cat on the goat blog. Thought Casper the Cat deserved a mention.
I have bounced up a few pounds so think I might try a few potato days to solve that problem.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:19 PM   #113
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dak, what's on the menu for the "end of the world"?

Had our holiday party today at work. OMG so much scrumptious food. My favorite was an Indian cookie made with rice flour. I think it had fennel in it and it was deep fried and sprinkled with powdered sugar. Similar to a small funnel cake but it was crisp. OH and someone made a chickpea dish that was unbelievable.

Have to go exercise off all of that food
Old 12-17-2012, 06:52 PM   #114
Big Yapper!!!!

kritter - sounds good. I like interesting goodies to try. Our work party is Friday and it was a DD but I am going to have to have two DD's in a row since I can't really chew since a filling fell out this afternoon and my appointment is Wed afternoon. I am just falling apart. No one told me that fillings and crowns would start falling out after 40 years.
So I will just have broth and soups so the calories will be low but that is fine.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:27 PM   #115
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I believe she said it was roast beast. I don't eat beef these days, but I'm sure there will be plenty for me to eat.

Your holiday party sounds great, sounds like you work with some people that like to cook! I can't believe next week is Christmas. I have a bit more shopping to do.

Sorry to hear about your tooth, Adi. Don't you just hate it, if it's not one thing, it's another. At least it happened before Christmas, usually for me it's always a Friday night of long weekend that I break something.

Our chimney is newly swept, I hope it will be easier doing fires now.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:57 AM   #116
Big Yapper!!!!

Dak - Roast beast could be anything though. LOL.

Chloe the Goat has been to the PO for Dak. She is so efficient.

I have to go to a meeting about an hour from here and I am driving so I had my oat bran for lunch which I didn't have for breakfast even though I was NOT hungry. I figured I would get out in the middle of nowhere and be starving after the meeting and have to stop at the corner gas station for junk food. So I ate early. Runny oat bran so I don't have to chew. So far, filling missing tooth is fine. let's hope it stays that way until tomorrow afternoon.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:02 AM   #117
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Chloe is one of the most efficient goats around. I hope she gets a good warm spot in your barn this winter. (thanks, Adi )

I saw a new number on the scale this morning, 153.5. I've decided my goal is 149. That thread on frame size was helpful, I'm a medium frame, so according to their chart I should be between 143.5 and 157.5, so that would put me on the lower end of that average.

Hope everyone is staying healthy and happy. Off to work.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:15 PM   #118
Big Yapper!!!!

Chloe better get busy and earn some more money to pay the dentist. My filling fell out becasue my tooth cracked. All the way to the root. Consensus was it could not be saved so it came out and it is sewn shut and in two months when it is healed we will start the implant procedure. It never hurt. Makes no sense. But I am glad I had no pain.
I shall have a great DD since all I can mange is more broth and I have had 55 calories so far today.
Dak - I am thinking that 135 is as low as I would want to go although 139 is my ultimate goat. i still have a little extra padding around my waist I would like to see gone.
Congrats on seeing 153.5. Getting so close to 149.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:41 PM   #119
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Congrats Dak! You are so close to goal.

Adi, so sorry about your tooth. It's great that you were able to get it taken care of before the weekend.

Hey lil miss, hope you're enjoying the holiday.

I'm off now until January 2nd! My living room and hallway are painted, finally but he still has to finish some of the wood trim which won't get finished until Friday. Can't wait to get the furniture back where it belongs so I can start cleaning and finish decorating.

I have a few more things to get which I'll do tomorrow and Friday.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:00 AM   #120
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you, guys. (I thought I posted thanks days ago )

I've been fighting a cold and finally lost. Our plans were to go visit DH's nieces on Friday, DS & his GF were going to join us, but then GH couldn't get the time off. Then it was just DH & me, then DS decided they could go up the day after, (the day we planned to leave).

Still with me? LOL I start getting sick Thursday and really feeling badly Friday morning. Now, if I bail, DH would not want to drive up alone, and the DS would bail too. So we drive. It starts out a really nice day, but progressively we drive into rain. The rain exasperates my cold, my nose starts running like a faucet and I'm sneezing. But then we've hit Salinas. I read on the internet that Sudafed, the REAL kind with pseudoephedrine not phenylephrine, is best for sinus congestion. So we go into Salinas in search of Sudafed.

Apparently, pseudoephedrine is one of the main ingredients for meth (and Salinas has been known for its meth labs ) The first pharmacia we stop at has it behind the counter, for $20! Now I was sick, but no way am I paying $20 for a pack of Sudafed. So we go in search of a chain store pharmacy. Found a Walgreens, $7, much better. Cough syrup and Simply Saline, & we're back on the road.

The niece that we're visiting has 2 handicapped boys, both in wheelchairs. Drugs were not working, and I'm probably super contagious, so I bail on our last supper dinner (that I invested quite a bit on in providing the wine) and try and sleep it off in the hotel room. There was a Rite Aid across the street from the hotel, I bought epsom salts, for a bath, that was wonderful.

Much better the next day, DS & GF got an early start, he and his cousins were able to meet up and plan a day of visiting. It was all worth it to see how happy he was hanging out with his GF & cousins. And despite headache and lighheadedness, we stopped at the Gilroy outlet malls & shopped. So glad I'm off work till Thursday!