Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2012, 05:49 PM   #61
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
lilmiss - Enjoy those boys and let someone else do the work in the kitchen as oftern as possible,
Dak - Google Eddy packing company but I don't see where they ship and I think it is strange that I never heard of them until I accidently bought one of their turkeys this year. I thought I was getting a Brookshire Bros store brand. But it was very good. I have herd of greenberg smoked turkeys but not sure if I have ever had one. When I was growing up Daddy had the local butcher shop smoke our turkeys for holidays. Not sure if anyone does that anymore locally. Good going on the small bounce up on the scale.
kritter - So sorry you got rear ended. It is so stressful and now a broken car to worry about getting fixed. And it is cold and you don't have a back window.
DS goes back tomorrow evening so we will be making an airport trip. He is tooling around in the old 1995 4 door truck. All of his friends have vehicles and they are piling in the old truck for a night on the town. Guess it holds more people.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/153/139 JUDDD 07/28/14
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2012, 08:21 AM   #62
Big Yapper!!!!

My post didn't show up until I posted again and then all of a sudden it appeared. DS goes back today so that means a trip to the airport in heavy traffic I would imagine.

Last edited by adillenal; 11-25-2012 at 08:23 AM..
Old 11-25-2012, 08:29 AM   #63
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Dakini
Thank you so much, Adi! Next year I want a more authentic smoked turkey from Texas. My soup turned out great, low calorie too.

Kritter, do you have a shop to take your car on Monday? I remember when you got it, hope they can replace the same glass for you. It's your rear window with defrost?
Dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:19 PM   #64
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: krittermom
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: January 9th, 2012
Yeah Dak. I think the whole rear door is going to have to be replaced. It's all smashed in. I'll wait and see what the insurance company says. I'm guessing they'll need to have their appraiser look at it before I take it to a body shop. Or maybe the other woman's insurance company will want to look at it. Thank goodness we have 2 other cars so DH and I can make it to work with no problem.

When we had Geico insurance, I was in an accident and they had us take it to a place that had the Geico person right there. It was really convenient. And they delivered the loaner car right to the place. That reminds me, our insurance should cover a loaner car and I think we get $50/day. Maybe I'll rent a nice luxury car. Or maybe not. I don't want to get a taste of what I'm missing by driving my little Fit

We got so much done today. Moved 2 buffet cabinets out of the living room and down to the old dentist office next to the garage. Then rearraged the living room furniture. The living room is so much nicer now; it's much more open. I hated the way it was. Got laundry done and got more things unpacked in the kitchen.

Then DH and I went out for a late lunch to one of our favorite Italian restaurants. I had salmon putanesca. I have a cold and tasting was a challenge, but from what I could tell, it was yummy and spicy.
krittermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:53 AM   #65
Big Yapper!!!!

kritter - you go girl. Rearranging and decluttering is on my Christmas wish list. Hope you get your car fixed soon.

Dak - DH has eaten all of the meat off the turkey so the carcass is in the frig waiting to be made into stock. I might have to put it in the ffereezer though since I have 2 shows this weekend. No time.

Hi lilmiss. Hope all is well.

I did a potaot DD yesterday and I am down 3 pounds below my regular weight following a DD. I have been running 145 on most of those days. 142 this morning. Lowest since DS was born. And it was easy and I had 400 calories over my regular 200 so I am going to give a potato UD a try. For those of you that haven't seen the potato thing. It is plain potatoes with no fat. Salsa and malt vinegar and spices with a little ketchup are allowed. I had hashbrowns for breakfast and will have a baked potato for lunch. I am viewing this as a short term crash diet to get to 140 for the Christmas food fest coming up.Need some wiggle room.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:28 AM   #66
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW
Start Date: 1/1/13
Interesting about the potato DD adi! Congrats on the low!
lil miss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:22 AM   #67
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I read that about potatoes, interesting, glad it works.

Since Monday I've been feeling like I might be getting sick. Almost a sore throat, lightheaded, feels like my inner ear is off, but not all out sick. Super sensitive & moody though.

Just great. Off to work, I guess.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:38 AM   #68
Big Yapper!!!!

Dak - Hope you beat the sick feeling. I haven't been sick in so long I am due some kind of illness.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:27 PM   #69
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dak, I feel for you. I have bronchitis again. I'm going to the doc tomorrow so I can get the RX cough medicine. I had a bad head cold last week and all that dripping go into my chest. I haven't gotten sick in a long time and now twice in the last 2 months.

Adi, congrats on that new low! That is amazing.

Hi lil miss!

Car got towed this morning. So glad we have the extra car.

I got Dr. Bernstein's Diabetes Solution book today. My fasting levels are still higher than I want them to be(pre-diabetes range) and I know if I don't do something now, they'll just get worse. I did extremely low carb for 3 days in a row and the numbers dropped dramatically. But my post meal numbers are normal.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:20 PM   #70
Big Yapper!!!!

kritter - I know so little about glood glucose levels it is a shame. I am guessing I am fine but who knows. Glad your car is on the way to getting fixed.
I started the process to buy a new truck today. Sad when what you want costs as much as my yearly salary. BUT we keep a vehickle a long time and I want a nice truck to go into retirement with. Not quite as nice as the one we bought for DS but close. I want white but might not get one since the oild companies are snatching up the fancy white ones for company trucks before the end of the year. Bad oil companies.
I had fried taters for breakfast, baked taters for lunch and boiled taters for dinner. I am klind of liking the mindlessness of eating only potatoes. Going to try a few more days and then back to regular food on Saturday since I have a craft show and the booth fee includes lunch.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:19 AM   #71
Big Yapper!!!!

Yesterday was an UD and my weight this morning is 144.2 so I am happy with the potato thing. I want 144 to be my up bounce and not my down bounce. So, for at least one day I am happy. Cooking hash browns for breakfast. I remembered I had a little sandwich thing that I used to make grilled cheese sandwiches for DS. Actually found it and I am using it for the hashbrowns. Works well. Same principle as the waffle maker.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:34 AM   #72
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's great that the potato thing is working so well. How do you make hash browns w/o fat, do you use a spray no calorie fat? I could look this up, I know, but how many calories of potatoes makes up a DD?

I hope you find a white truck, you should get the color you want.

It's good you have a back up car, Kritter. Were you able to get the luxury rental too?

I feel a bit better than the last few mornings, strange not getting all out sick, but feeling bad all the same.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:36 AM   #73
Big Yapper!!!!

Dak - I pulled out my little sandwich maker I used when DS was a little boy. I shredded the potatoes, piled them on the sandwich maker and closed the lid. it takes awhile to cook them but they just fall out of the cavities and are really good. Some folks were doing the same thing with a waffle maker.
And the car salesman has found me a white truck.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:21 PM   #74
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's a great idea to use a pannini press or grill to make the home fries. They're usually non-stick and I bet they make them nice and crispy.

adi, glad you found the color you want.

dak, we decided to hold off on the rental. Since we have the spare car, we don't need it and it's more of a pain to have to go pick it up and drop it off. But if anything happens to one of our cars before mine is ready, it's nice to know I have that option.

Glad you're feeling better. I've been coughing like crazy and so was the guy that sits across from me at work. And every time he coughed, I had the urge to cough

I'm going to the Dr tomorrow. Not sure she can do anything other than to give me some more cough medicine but she might want to order a chest xray.

I'm off tomorrow! Other than going to the doctor's, I plan on doing a little shopping for Xmas decorations and DH and I are going out to dinner. I'm really looking forward to this 3 day weekend.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:45 PM   #75
Big Yapper!!!!

Well, the other car dealership sold my truck while I was filling out paperwork. Darn. Had to start the search all over. Found another white one but it is plain white without the accent cvolor on the bottom so I guess I will look like I am driving an oil field truck afterall. Bought it and signed weverything. DH has to go sign tomorrow and then we can pick it up since it is at a different dealers.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:58 PM   #76
Big Yapper!!!!

HI All

New truck will be nice adi! Sorry it isnt exactly what you wanted but it sounds nice! I love getting a new car, you know you wont have to worry about it breaking down for awhile!

Poor krit and dak! Get well soon girls! Dak, do you think JUDDD has helped you with immunity to colds?

DH continues to rock JUDDD. I am eating LC and plan to do DD UD rotations with it [since I cant eat wheat, thought might as well...]

Been really struggling lately with some stuff. Dad is home but things are tense bt he and my mom. She is having [understandably] a hard time adjusting to having to care for him and having a nurse around 24/7. Accepting her own age, etc

Also, feel super lonely a lot. Used to work [a teacher] then had my first son and now all kids at school all day and it's tough... I love having free time but its also lonely.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:16 PM   #77
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Aw lil miss , have you thought about going back to work part time? Maybe working mornings at a school?

When my Dad was home with us in hospice, it was only for 3 weeks and it was so difficult. We had a nurse during the day and on one hand it was great because it gave me a break, but on the other hand I felt guilty leaving him alone with stranger so I couldn't enjoy my "get away time". And then at night my siblings would take turns coming to help out, which again was great, but then it felt like we never had any privacy. It got to me after a while.

Hopefully your Mom will adjust. It will take some time.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:20 PM   #78
Big Yapper!!!!

lilmiss- What about volunteering at a school? Would not be a commitment that you could not drop if something else came up and it would give you a worthwhile thing to do to help with the lonelies.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:34 PM   #79
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

adi, that's a great idea. With volunteering, if you need to miss any time because the kiddies are sick or home from school, it's not a big deal.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:27 PM   #80
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey all,

I wondered too if JUDDD has helped me not get seriously sick, Lil Miss. Not having spend energy digesting, maybe more energy for healing? I'm grateful it hasn't gotten any worse.

I think it's natural to feel a bit lonely as your children grow up. They nearly completely take away our social lives when they're born, then leave a big gap as they grow up. It's a good time to do personal growth work, to see where you want to go next. You probably don't want a classroom right now, what about tutoring? Seems to be a big demand and pays pretty well, something your could do and make your own hours.

Kritter, are you going to do lights on your new house? I went to Costco today, I wanted to get blue LED lights, but they're out. Maybe I'll try somewhere else tomorrow.

Hope you're happy with your new truck, Adi! What fun. What about getting a custom design, you could get Chloe's logo on there and claim it as a tax deduction.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:45 AM   #81
Big Yapper!!!!

Dak - I can just see DH if I show up with Chloe on the doors. Funny. I could do the magnetic kind and use them when I am driving the truck. Thanks for the idea.

lilmiss - I used to tutor and it was kind of fun. One kid not problems. My mother also tutored after she retired and loved it but she only worked with kids she knew. She never advertised.

I am at a new low this morning after my potato DD. 141.6 YEA for me. I am getting used to potatoes. The boild cold ones are actually my favorites. I keep them in a sandwich bag in the frig and grab one and keep in the car if needed. I have a little lunch bag with a frozen thing in it.

Got to boil my potatoes for lunch and I am cooking hash browns for breakfast. Off to package lotion. Then we go get truck and then I go set up at the rec center for my show tomorrow. I am so glad they are letting people set up this evening. It is close and so much nicer than going in the dark in the morning. I am not working today.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:09 AM   #82
Big Yapper!!!!

Good Morning,

Thx for all the support guys. I actually AM tutoring at my kid's school! Great minds think alike! haha I tutor two kids on Mondays. I do enjoy it. I am just that personality that doesn't do well with down time, I have always been that way, I like to be busy but I don't wanna be stressed!

141.6!! Wow adi, sensational!

Krit, YES! You put into words exactly what's going on for my parents! It's been hard to come to terms with, yes, he is finally home, but things arent back to normal, silly as that sounds.

Dak-genius idea about putting Chloe on the truck! I love it! And adi, a magnetic one you could remove? Awesome!

Excited for today... Hosting a party for DS' soccer team and their families. I adore this team and the boys on it. The coach is this big teddy bear type guy who's a little rough around the edges but WONDERFUL. The boys play so nicely together, they pass and strategize and are kind to one another and to the teams they play. I rented our neighborhood clubhouse and bought decorations and stuff. We are going to have a little pick up soccer or kickball game and then eat!

Tomorrow my 7tgh grader takes the SATs! Zoinks. He is gifted and was asked to be int his program thru Duke University where they track them and offer camps, courses, guidance as they go into high school. To be in the program one has to take the SATs. We really dont care how he does, I just dont want him to be nervous.

My 5th grader is going to a tae kwon do tournament without me tomorrow. Makes me nervous as it is out of town. But with DH working and the oldest taking the SATs I couldn't drive him....

Oh, the other reason I feel lonely is a couple friends are moving in different directions. My running buddy took up tennis and joined a league and is rarely around for a run anymore, etc

Last edited by lil miss; 11-30-2012 at 05:10 AM..
Old 11-30-2012, 05:42 AM   #83
Big Yapper!!!!

lilmiss - I understand when your friends kind of take up a new life without you. Guess my goats have always taken care of that void. Sounds like you have it under control and time will take care of most of it. DS took the SAT's young also. Those smart minds need challenged anyway so taking a test is a good thing.

Off to package lotion.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:06 AM   #84
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

lil miss, have you thought about trying tennis? It's amazing cardio and it's so much fun. There's a website called meetup.com that has meetups for pickleball, tennis, volleyball, running, hiking, birdwatching. If you can think of something to do, they have it Around here, a lot of running stores have running clubs that get together for runs around town. I would think it would be fun because they run all different places so you don't get bored.

It's so hard with your parents but that is the reality - it will probably never be the same as it was. It's so hard for young people to adjust to huge changes, but it's a million times harder for people your parent's age. They're set in their ways and have such a hard time with these changes and they rarely ever plan for it. My in-laws thought they were planning by buying long-term care insurance. Problem is they could never imagine living in a nursing home and the insurance wasn't enough to cover having someone come to their house 24/7.

My DH is already planning how we're going to turn the downstairs into a wheelchair accessible apartment

Dak, you should be in marketing! That's a great idea about having Chloe's picture on the truck.

Gotta run to the Dr.s Hopefully she'll give me something for this cough.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:57 AM   #85
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh goodness. So scared. We have this older couple in our neighborhood and their adult daughter is our dog sitter. I adore her. She is pregnant with her second child and I heard today that she is in the hospital and it doesn't look good for her or the baby! Gosh I hope that is WRONG news.. DH called her father [they are our theater friends that we go to the theater with]

Molly and I said a prayer for her and the baby,.....
Old 11-30-2012, 06:29 PM   #86
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh lil miss, I pray she makes it. How old is her other child?

Had a lovely day off. Went to Macy's to buy a bathrobe. I wanted a thin flannel robe that would be fairly light but warm. It is tough to find anything that isn't made out of that fluffy material, but I did find one. I kind of figured I'd have the store to myself, it being a weekday. Boy was I wrong! They were having an amazing sale and I got a few things, including a robe and a new wallet. Then DH and I went to dinner at one of our favorite restaurants.

Oh and I went to the Dr. and got a prescription for cough medicine with codeine. Apparently whatever I have is going around. And it looks like a rash that I've had for a while on my neck may be ringworm. Eww!

Tomorrow I have to get to Lowe's to find some lights for the front porch and then Sunday we'll get the tree.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:53 PM   #87
Big Yapper!!!!

lilmiss - Here's hoping your friend is alright.

kritter - I have a forever old bathroom that is kind of thin like that. Got one for Christmas a few years ago with these huge puffed quilted fold up cuffs. Drags in everything. I hate it so I wear the forever old one. Cannot find anything like it locally. Might have to start an online search. It is wrap around and ties. Glad you found what you wanted.

AND we are the proud owners of a new truck. When they asked me if I wanted one with navigation on it I thought they meant like my phone has GPS. Ha. I will have to take classes to learn how to use that thing. It is like having a computer in the tgruck. It syncs to your phone and you can tell it what to do and it will call someone for you or find the closest gas station and on and on.
My favorite feature is the back up camera. It will be perfect for hooking up to my gooseneck trailer. I have a terrible time lining that thing up in the old truck. With the camera I can't go wrong. I hope.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:12 AM   #88
Big Yapper!!!!

142.4 this monring after an UD. I am right on track. Off to eat my potatoes, pack my lunch bag and go to my craft show.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:50 PM   #89
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Had a great weekend here. My rash is clearing up. I can take one tiny little sip of cough medicine and it keeps me from coughing all night so I'm getting good sleep. We got the tree today! This is the earliest we've ever gotten a tree. It was a beautiful day today with high in the 50s. It was so nice to look for a tree and not be freezing

And I found a fabulous car wash. My car was still filthy from the hurricane. It was so embarassing driving the dirty car, but the one good thing is that it made it easy to spot in parking lots, lol.

My contractor is coming on Wednesday to rip up living room rugs and start painting the living room and hallway. Then I can finally start hanging pictures! The house will be all set for Christmas. I'll just pretend that the bathrooms aren't as awful as they are
Old 12-02-2012, 05:19 PM   #90
Big Yapper!!!!

Kritter - I didn't realize you were going to remodel your whole new house. Have fun.