Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 02:14 PM   #31
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW
Start Date: 1/1/13
Thanks! Started recording it! Will watch later!
lil miss is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2012, 03:11 PM   #32
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
DS now says he will pick up the Xbox at Thanksgiving after I packed it and used $5.900 worth of packing tape and had already printed out the $34 shipping. Oh well, I can get a refund on the shipping and I will just leave it all packed up for him. Children.
I sure don't put myself into stress by exerccising so maybe I did the right thing. I really need to start walking but now I have a good excuse since the neighbor has turned his cows out and they have access to the oilfield road. Boy I lucked out.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
158/152/139 JUDDD 10/28/2014
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:47 PM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Dakini
Adi, didn't you use to like t-tapping? You could start that again, maybe. The trick is always in finding something you like.
Dakini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:34 PM   #34
Big Yapper!!!!

Yes. I have all of the ttapp tapes. That is how long I have had them. I even have a little TV in my bedroom with the built in tape player that I used for those tapes along with walk away the pounds. It is early and I have fed all the animals, cut the soap I made yesterday and have eaten my dinner and have DH's warming for when he gets home. I could easily trot upstairs and attempt ttapp. I promise I will try and if it gets too hard I will finish with a Walk Away the Pounds tape.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:43 PM   #35
Big Yapper!!!!

I DID IT!!! I completed the 15 minute workout Plus and survived. If I can make it a habit I will benefit so much. Of course, my right arm hurts when I try to turn it a certain way so I skipped the right arm parts and did the best I could without hurting myself.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:50 PM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yay, congratulations, Adi! Sometimes, all it takes is getting started.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:22 PM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Our trip to Yosemite is coming up, it's been so nice planning my wardrobe and feeling good about my thinner clothes. I've been wearing my old yoga pants for bed and they're getting to the point they're too baggy for even just sleeping in.

I'm hoping it won't be icy, I'm looking forward to long hikes. Not too sure if I'm going to try to continue my DDs, maybe just lower calories every other day.

When I get back, I have thanksgiving dinner to cook, trying to keep my menu simple. Going to try and cook my turkey on Wednesday, so I can do the gravy and all the side dishes Thursday.

Is your DS coming home for the holidays, Adi?

Any good recipes? I'm trying to keep the meal from being a complete carb fest, it's so hard.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:28 PM   #38
Big Yapper!!!!

Dak - DS will be home. I bought a smoked turkey today. The store brand since we had one last year and it was great. I also bought sweet potatoes. DS always wants broccoli, cauliflower and carrots and that comes in a bag frozen already mixed. Along with cornbread and he is happy. I will make a little dressing for DH and me since I can use up a dozen eggs that way. Thanksgiving is an UD so YEA!!!.I bought some fresh pecans at the last craft show so I can make a pecan pie. Won't have to make the LC cheescake this year.
My sweat pants from last winter are way too b ig that I use to go out and feed in. I Might have to invest in a new pair.
Enjoy youer trip.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:39 PM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: krittermom
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: January 9th, 2012
I'm sitting in the quiet room at the hotel spa waiting for my massage. The book I'm reading said we need to reduce stress an suggested massages so here I am :-)

Trying to make good food choices and am taking walks after each meal. Hope to go home a little lighter than when I came. Oh and I realized today that I saved enough for a vitamix! I'm determine to start bringing smoothies to work for breakfast.

Adi way to go doing ttap!

When is your trip dak? Did you have to buy new clothes?

How are you lil miss?
krittermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:46 PM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Kritter, what a great idea, a massage, hope it was a good one for you. I wish there was a spa in Yosemite, I'd definitely be doing a massage too. I did go on a bit of a buying splurge, new hiking boots, Under Armour cold gear, socks, hat & gloves. I don't want to be cold. Should be nice to use this winter too.

You're going to love your Vitamixer! I bought one maybe 10 - 12 years ago. I don't use it all the time, but it's so handy when I do use it. Great idea about smoothies for lunch. It also makes really good soups.

I would love to do a smoked turkey for Thanksgiving. I've never seen them for sale here, though. I was looking for smoked turkey drumsticks to season my collard greens and I was told they could special order it for me. I didn't think it was that uncommon. I wonder if Costco has them?

What did you guys decide to do for Thanksgiving, Lil Miss?
Old 11-15-2012, 05:22 AM   #41
Big Yapper!!!!

Maybe smoked turkeys are a southern thing.
I have two craft shows this weekend. One on Sat and another one on Sunday. Won't I be tired Monday but we have the entire week off from work next week so it will be OK.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:42 AM   #42
Big Yapper!!!!

fried turkeys are definitely a southern thing. Not sure about smoked.

Staying put in SC for the holiday.

HUGE soccer weekend. Tournament. 2 boys playing, 3 games each a possibility of a 4th game.

Have run off the JUDDD rails. Still ridding house of GF products and will start anew with whole foods only come Saturday.
lil miss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:10 PM   #43
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm thinking of ordering a smoked turkey, can anyone recommend a good company to order from? The best I can find here is a frozen smoked butterball.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:33 PM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I've never seen a smoked turkey on Philly but have seen smoked turkey legs. Great idea to use them to season greens Dak.

Going home tomorrow thamk goodness! Looking forward to playing in my kitchen and havig the house to myself.

My boss is a big drinker and I've had 2 - 3 drinks every night since Sunday. Can't wait to get back to my routine.

Dak how fun shopping for the trip.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:09 PM   #45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm looking forward to having coffee drinks while we're in Yosemite. I only drink wine these days, but I think when it's really cold it will be nice to add a little Kahlua to my coffee. (I also bought a new rain parka, good thing too, looks like it will be raining the first couple days we're there)

I think I waited too long to order a smoked turkey. I found a place called Greenberg smoked turkeys, but their shipping cut off was this afternoon. I may go with a honeybaked smoked turkey instead.

What a perfect time of year to play in the kitchen with all your new equipment. Have fun!
Old 11-18-2012, 06:44 AM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning ladies!

I am so glad to be home. Yesterday I bought a Vitamix and a Keurig. And I made a dozen hard-boiled eggs. While I was away last week, I had eggs and coffee during the week and I was taking digestive enzyme pills. I think the pills helped me digest the eggs and coffee because I had no issues eating them. I'm continuing to eat them - hopefully this will work because I would LOVE to be able to be able to eat snack on hb eggs. They're such an easy, convenient meal or snack.

For lunch and dinner I'm having baked King salmon and salad with homemade buttermilk ranch dressing.

So when I got to the hotel last Saturday night, it was 11:30 and I was starving because I didn't eat dinner. Silly me thought I'd get a meal on the plane. So Saturday night and Sunday at lunchtime, I ate rolls with my meal. 4 rolls in total, plus for breakfast Sunday I had a bagel. Monday morning I woke up with excema rashes on my face! The same rash I had in the summer. My cheek felt like sandpaper. I stopped eating bread/wheat and by the end of the week it had cleared up. Why don't I learn!!! I think I have learned now.

Makes me wonder if something can cause such a visible reaction on my face, what might it be doing to my insides.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:41 AM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mmm, made my first smoothie with the vitamix. I'm trying to eat flax, hemp and chia seeds so I figured the best way to eat them would be in a smoothie, so I made one with a small banana, small apple, almond milk, cinnamon and whey protein powder. It is so thick and creamy and sweet. Next time I make one of these I'll add some ice. I think with the ice it will be like ice cream.

Later this week, when I'm finished the salmon, I'm going to make a bean soup. Can't wait to see how creamy this gets it. I've alwaysed used a stick blender for my bean soup and it leaves a lot of the bean "skins" whole. I can't wait to see if the VM takes creams those skins into oblivion
Old 11-20-2012, 08:55 AM   #48
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So glad you're having fun with your Vitamix! It's amazing what you can throw in there for smoothies and have them turn out so good. And better surface area for better digestion!

We went on the John Muir Trail yesterday, it starts here in Yosemite at Happy Isles. It was a kinda lets see how far we can go type hike, I was hoping to get to the base where the serious climbers start Half Dome. Luckily, that part of the trailed was closed. The climb up was fine, (though it too me some time to get used to the elevation) we climbed 1500 feet! (Stopping a LOT for pictures). But climbing down was killer on my shins, they still hurt.

Doing my DDs really saved me, we ended up being out 6 hours, with just water and a half granola bar, I wasn't hungry at all. Today, we're renting bikes, hopefully I can make it to the rental place, LOL.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:11 PM   #49
Big Yapper!!!!

Dak - Glad you are having fun. Glad JUDDD has prepared you for hiking without a ready food supply.

kritter - Bet you are throwing everything in your Vitamix to experiment with. I am not much on drinking veggies or fruit so I will just stick to protein shakes. Enjoy your new toy.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:35 AM   #50
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dak, that's amazing that you climbed that much! I can't wait to see pictures. How are your shins feeling? Ice and ibuprofen should help.

I love having off. I'm going to get a mani and pedi today. Then I'm picking up a few pies to bring to SIL's tomorrow, then I've got a ton of cleaning to do. I have to wash every &^%$ wine glass I own. I own a lot of wine glasses. And I still have to find the rest of my regular glasses. I have no idea where DH put them.

I want to get the house cleaned and the furniture rearranged by the end of the week and then I want to start decorating for Christmas. This house will be a lot more fun to decorate than the old one.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:18 AM   #51
Big Yapper!!!!

I am cleaning or rather decluttering so I can find the dining table. I tend to collect my boxes that I receive before senidng them out to the soap shop in the dining room. Needless to say DH has a truck load of stuff to carry around to the soap shop. Already have 2 big garbage bags full too. I am in a throw it away mood so that is good.
Dak - hope you are walking well today.
lilmiss - HI
kritter - I am sure you will find everything. HaHa. I still have stuff I can't find 12 years after my last move.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:13 PM   #52
Big Yapper!!!!

Home from the airport with DS in tow. Hope everyone has a GREAT Thanksgiving tomorrow.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:42 AM   #53
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Adi, did you get the dining room table cleared? How long is DS home for? Hopefully you'll get to spend a lot of time with him.

I spent most of yesterday bringing all of the dishes and glasses and wine glasses in from the living room and washing them and trying to find a home for them in the kitchen.

It's such a beautiful day here. I'm going to go for a walk around noon and then we leave for SIL's at around 3:30.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:41 AM   #54
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Thanksgiving! Gearing up for my cooking marathon.

Here's a shot of Half Dome from the valley floor. (for scale, those are people about 5:30 to the right )
Old 11-23-2012, 08:56 AM   #55
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow Dak, that's so beautiful!

Is everyone relaxing today? I was thinking of driving out to the country and finding some stores out there to shop in. Staying far away from crazy malls. Problem is I haven't made a list and don't know what I'm getting anyone so I'll wind up buying stuff for me, so maybe I should just stay home

Made bean soup this morning and through i into my new vitamix. I can't believe how smooth and creamy it turned out.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:33 AM   #56
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Your bean soup sounds delicious. It's great how smooth it can get things. The California salsa recipe that's in the book is really good, too. And the hummus! You can make your own tahini with raw sesame seeds, so it's really fresh.

Thanksgiving was really nice. I planned a super easy menu, (thanks for the smoked turkey idea, Adi )Mrs. Cubbison’s stuffing, mashed potatoes, roasted green beans, gravy from TJ's. (I was going to do sweet potatoes & salad, but ran out of time). It was all plenty of food. Our friends brought pumpkin pie, and the Tatte Petite Tart Assortment from William Sonoma, wow, made me glad I didn't do more dinner because there was room to try the desserts.

Going to see Life of Pi this afternoon, so nice having three more days off to look forward to.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:44 PM   #57
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi all. Have a craft show today and tomorrow. DS has been asleep most of the time since he got home. He could have slept in GA and saved me $701. But at least he is upstairs asleep.
Our smoked turkey was really good this year and was a company about 60 miles from here that I had never heard of. I will remember that brand for next year.
Slow day today but I have to run out and pacakge some liquid soap for a customer.
Check you later.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:53 PM   #58
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dak, never thought of making tahini but that's a great idea. The tahini I have is probably 10 years old LOL.

adi, how long is DS home for? Maybe you'll get lucky and he'll help you at the craft show

lil miss, how was your Thanksgiving?

I got rear-ended about an hour ago on my way home from Whole Foods. The car hit my bike rack which smashed into the back door and smashed the rear window. The poor woman was so upset when we parted she hugged me. She's 61 and it was her first accident. I was more upset that I couldn't find my driver's license. When I got home I found it in the bag I took on the plane. Thank goodness. Now I have to find a place to fix it and I need to vaccuum all of the glass. Some glass flew all the way to the front of the car and landed on the dashboard. Fortunately no one was hurt, although now that I'm home, my back and hands hurt. Odd.

I'm cooking NY strip steak and am going to slice it over salad greens.

Oh and I have a cold. Which really stinks because I just got over bronchitis. After I eat, I'm going to take some cold medicine and rest for the rest of the day.
Old 11-24-2012, 02:24 PM   #59
Big Yapper!!!!

ugh Krit! I am so sorry! Please take care of yourself! I am glad the person who hit you felt bad, I always seem to end up with the jerk who tries to bully me into thinking it was my fault.

Thanksgiving was okay here. DH, who loves to cook, took over the whole thing even tho I said I wanted a big role this year so that was annoying but I have decided, fine, bt him and his mother, there is no room for me so they are welcome to Thanksgiving, as long as I get Christmas

DH been cleaning out the kitchen today, too many overstuffed drawers with items we do not use. Feels good to purge some of this stuff.

Have been missing my family in Pa. My Dad fell again last night but is ok. Apparently he "forgets" to ask the aide for help. Annoying bc my parents are paying for it out of pocket.

Dak, your picture and the hike are amazing! Glad to hear all is well with you.

Hi adi! Yay DS is home! woo hoo! My boys have been tearing the house apart all weekend. We had friends over [they, not we] and we made a craft for our Thanksgiving tables and they have not stopped being VERY BUSY for 4 days straight now! I think I am ready for them to go back to school! haha

I splurged on Thanksgiving but am low carbing as of yesterday. I think keeping the gf products out and sugar will help me with JUDDD too so I shall see how I do.

I do love that our grocery bills are less while JUDDDing!

DH and I going out tonight to the theatre to see "Million Dollar Quartet" and have dinner with 2 other couples. Looking forward to it.
Old 11-24-2012, 03:35 PM   #60
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Kritter, so glad you're OK! Hope the insurance companies handle everything promptly for you.

Good to hear from you, Lil Miss. It's nice that your DH & his mom like to cook together, I can't imagine doing a meal with my DS, (the thought scares me, we're pretty cool now, but I could see it ending up in an argument). Glad you got Christmas, though, .

Adi, does the company that does your smoked turkey ship? Have you ever heard of Greenberg Smoked Turkeys? I can see doing smoked turkeys every year, it's so easy.

I just deboned our bird and I'm making stock for soup. This looks good: Smoked Turkey Soup with Kale: Alice Waters Even Makes Holiday Leftovers Taste Good « Capital Spice (with kale and mushrooms, yum)

I was finally brave enough to get on the scale today. When I left for our trip I was finally at 155.5. Today I'm at 158.5, so 3 pounds up after a vacation and a major food holiday, not bad!!! I was so afraid I would be in the 160's again. Today is a DD for me, perfect, I'm a bit sick of all the heavy leftovers we have, enjoying feeling light again.