Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2012, 04:37 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alysmom
Stats: 207.9/206.4/135
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: restart 01/03/14
Sorry been away for a week....this challenge grew and I am so glad to see that all.

I am down 17 pounds today in about a month. I can live with that my goal was 15 and to be working out 5-6 days a week which I am. I am sooo close to 199 and I hope to get there this weekend. I posted on the main lobby that I am back into my size 14 jeans for the 16 I had to buy 3 weeks ago just to wear jeans and with no muffin top. Better than I was 6 months ago and I weigh more. So the exercise indeed is a good thing for me.

B: Scrambled eggs with bacon
L: Salad with green olives, cheese, ham and avacodo dressing mmmmm
D: Not sure yet a protein and veggie

Atkins start again 1/3/14
199:
189:
179:
169:
159:
149:
alysmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2012, 06:47 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 222.2/179.2/174.6 (Mini Goal #3) {4.6 lbs to go!}
WOE: Atkins-Extended Induction/1 Mini Goal At A Time
Start Date: August 28, 2012 {Restart}
Complete Progress Report {January 7, 2012-October 25, 2012}
Neck{- .7}
Bicep {- 1.1}
Forearm {-.25}
Bust{- 3.1}
Waist{- 4.1}
Hips {-4.1}
Thigh {-3.2}
Calf {-2.1}
Wrist {-0}
Ankle {-.2}
Shoulders {-1.6}
Total Loss= 20.45 Inches GONE!

BMI
38.1 (222.2 pounds)
32.4 (188.8 pounds)
= -5.7 BMI Points

Weight
222.2 (January 7)
188.8 (October 25)
= 33.4 Pounds GONE!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
October 26, 2012
Weight: 190.2 (I am paying for that pizza :-/ )

Meal Plan
B: Bacon Lettuce Wrap
L: Chicken Fried Steak, Brussels Sprouts, Bacon Salad
D: Sweet & Sour Chicken w/ Snow Pea Stir Fry
S: Green Bean Fries

Water Goal
100+ oz

Exercise Goal
None

Progress Report
So this may not seem like a lot for 9 months worth of progress but the truth is that I made many mistakes. I would fall off the wagon and not be able to pull it back together for weeks at a time. I have lost and regained the same 20 pounds three times this year. I am working on self control and binging and I am happy to say that I have been on plan for about a month and a half. I have still made some mistakes such as that pizza yesterday but the good news is I am learning to move past it and get back on plan immediately!!

We had a few things left in our pantry that weren't low carb or whole food. I met a family who had just taken in their neices because their mom died and they were struggling with making ends meet because the mother didn't have any life insurance and they are still waiting on survivor benefits to come through for the kids. I emptied everything out and bagged a bunch of stuff up for her. Our deep freezer was full of stuff we wont be eating anymore. Frozen pizzas, chicken nuggets, burritos. I ended up giving her about 20 boxes of cereal. Of course, I could still cheat because my kids follow the whole foods eating style but homemade bread is A LOT healthier than the stuff you buy at the store packed full of carbs and chemicals!

Today is my wedding anniversary and we normally would go out to eat. We may end up doing that but we will see... We've done really well with eliminating 95% of eating out but we are allowing ourselves an occasional family dinner night out. I have an essay that I need to write this weekend that I am not looking forward to.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alysmom... Glad to see you checking in! CONGRATS on the 17 pounds! I am keeping my fingers crossed for you to hit ONEDERLAND asap!
Mini Goal #1: 199. {COMPLETED 9/5/12!}
Mini Goal #2: 189.9 {COMPLETED 10/24/12!}
Mini Goal #3: 174.6 {4.6 lbs to go}
Mini Goal #4: 165.6 {13.6 lbs to go}
Mini Goal #5: 155.6 {23.6 lbs to go}
Mini Goal #6: 145.6 {33.6 lbs to go}
Ultimate Goal: 135.6 {43.6 lb to go}

FitnessJunkie1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:54 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Thanksgiving Meal Plan

Has anyone put any thought into this yet? I will be trying out a few dishes before Thanksgiving to make sure they will be well received but I am doing a 90% low carb Thanksgiving. My husband wants mashed potatoes and sweet potato casserole. We might be having his mother and brother here but they always like my cooking, low carb or not. Here are some ideas that I am leaning towards...

Thanksgiving Meal Plan
• Turkey
• Mashed Potatoes
• Creamed Spinach
• Cranberry Sauce (fresh cranberries and splenda?)
• Almond Fudge Cake (favorite low carb dessert!)
Pumpkin Muffins (gonna try a few low carb recipes...)
• Sweet Potato Casserole (delicata squash instead of sweet potatoes?)
• Stuffing (low carb cornbread stuffing or chicken sausage stuffing?)

I am looking forward to hearing how you guys are planning to incorporate low carb into these upcoming holidays!

Last edited by FitnessJunkie1026; 10-26-2012 at 06:56 AM..
Old 10-27-2012, 08:45 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member

October 27, 2012
Weight: 189.4

Meal Plan
B: BLT Lettuce Wrap
L: Atkins Shake
D: Chicken Fried Steak, Faux-tatoes, Cream Gravy

Water Goal:
100+ oz

Exercise Goal:
Treadmill: 45+ minutes

Progress Report:
Yesterday was a rough day for me. I've been fortunate enough that when I've eaten off plan foods this last month and a half (whole wheat sugar free homemade bread, hormel chili, etc) that it didn't induce any cravings but that pizza was another story! I wanted to eat everything yesterday, I didnt but when I did eat I just wasn't satisfied! I only had one piece and I really didn't think it would bother me. It took a lot of effort to keep myself in check yesterday. I was supposed to bake some stuff for this weekend for the kids, but had to put off because I was worried about binge eating what I made (banana bread, hamburger rolls, granola bars). It will be nice when one day I have gotten over this binge eating problem but right now I am learning who I am, what triggers my behavior and trying to avoid it. It's the best that I can do until I can kick binge eating to the curb. I feel much better today though. My meal plan was also really off yesterday... normally, I plan what I am going to eat 2 weeks in advance. I have everything ready to go the morning of and it really helps keep me on track rather than looking through the fridge and feeling too lazy to cook. Yesterday, I just didn't want to cook a thing. I ended up drinking a lot of water. I had the bacon wrap because I cook all the bacon on sunday so it was ready to go and easy to assemble. I ended up eating a spinach salad with bacon and cheese for lunch. For dinner, I made tuna and ate it on dill pickle chips. I defrosted hubby a bowl of hamburger soup from the freezer and he ate that. I love to cook for my husband and 99% of the time he comes home to a hot, cooked meal for breakfast, lunch and dinner. He offered to take me out to dinner (it was our anniversary) but I just wasn't feeling it. The idea of showering, getting dressed up, and putting on makeup didn't appeal much to me. Definitely the most boring anniversary ever. I ended up going to bed at 9:30 last night. Not really sure why I felt so dragged down yesterday but I am over it today.

So I have a busy day today. Lots of mommy duties, wifely duties, and student duties to attend to today.

I hope all of you are doing well. I know it can be hard to stick to plan sometimes but let's just all remember why we are doing this. Instant satisfaction literally only lasts a short second. So try to push through the cravings, imagine your dream body and lets make it to next summer, slimmer and happier!
Old 10-27-2012, 09:10 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alonewithyou
Stats: 5'4, 150 lbs
WOE: Atkins >20 carbs a day
Start Date: 09-01-10/10-29-12/01-10-13/07-29-13
Checking in to say that I will be starting soon! Probably tomorrow or Monday. I have 25-30 pounds to lose (10-15 kilos). I WANT, I CAN, I WILL! Low carb works, I KNOW. Yay!!! Baking low carb tomorrow
alonewithyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:33 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

October 28, 2012
Weight: 188.6

October 29, 2012
Weight: 187.2

Meal Plan
B: Atkins Shake
L: Steak, Onion & Cheese Salad
D: Pork Chops, Green Beans, Salad
S: Sugar Free Jello, Diet Root Beer
W: 100+ oz

Exercise

Progress Report:
Enjoy seeing the progress on the scale the last few days. I am focusing on my next goal extra hard just because with all the holidays coming up, I want to be as low as possible. My husband and I decided to do the low carb thanksgiving and christmas meals for sure. The only carby food we will be having will be mashed potatoes, but I am going to make a really small batch. I will use heavy cream, cream cheese or sour cream instead of milk. We also decided against getting a turkey and will probably bake some chicken breast in a sauce or gravy. Sounds like it's gonna be a bit easier and healthier this year for us. I am happy to have his support this time around because it does make things easier when you decrease the unallowed foods in the house.

Alone... Welcome to the challenge! Good luck with your first week. That's always the hardest for me because I have so many cravings, but I guess I manage to get through because the first week is when I am also the most motivated!

Looking forward to hearing about everyones progress!
Old 10-29-2012, 07:10 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 210/159/130
WOE: <20 Carbs Daily
Start Date: July 2011
Hey everyone! I have been looking for a group to join, and I think this one would suit me I have been doing low carb since Jan 1st this year (restart) and have lost ~60 lbs. But for the past few months, I have been off and on and I have lost the same 5ish pounds over and over. I'm ready to actually restart and recommit. I weigh about 155 or so, and I would like to get down to like 115-130. Depending on how I look, I may try to go to 110. That may be too skinny, Im not sure yet. But if I look healthy, I'd like to try. I'd be able to say I have lost 100 lbs.. but anyway, I am trying to break my habit of weighing all the time. I will weigh in the 1st of each month. I want my successes to show in how I look and feel rather than the number on the scale. I will try to post everyday with what I've eaten and how Im doing, and so I can check up on everyone else

210 ~~~~200 ~~~~190 *Onederland* ~~~~180 ~~~~170 ~~~~160 ~~~~ Now-155 ~~~~ Minigoal 140!!
Minimizing_Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:42 AM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Melanie

Welcome to the board! Congrats on the 60 pound loss so far! That is awesome! You look awesome and slim in your pic! I saw your before pics and you carried the extra weight pretty well and still had a figure! How tall are you?

I don't think I could weigh only once a month! It helps me stay on track. I tried to weigh only once a week for a while but I kept gaining. Weighing every day helps me pinpoint foods that dont work so well with me. Good luck with that goal!

Are you still doing under 20 carbs daily? What are some of your go to meals?

I know where Conway, AR is... I was born in Jonesboro, AR!
Old 10-29-2012, 07:57 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 210/159/130
WOE: <20 Carbs Daily
Start Date: July 2011
I am 5 foot 6 inches. I have a pear shape because all of my weight goes to my hips and thighs, and I have a pretty slim upper half. Some of my go to meals for dinner are tacoless taco salad, beef fajitas, chicken with salsa, burger patties and salad, and I could probably list a few more. I started working at papa johns and that is when I started getting off track. I have never tried weighing in monthly, but I have been so disappointed losing and regaining the same five lbs, so im going to try waiting to weigh for a bit. Hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised. And I do try to stay under 20, but at this point, I don't track every single carb, so I'd say 20 more or less.
Minimizing_Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:48 AM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Melanie

Wow, working at Papa Johns + trying to lose weight seems pretty hard! Maybe being around pizza so much you will get sick of pizza. I worked at Burger King when I was 16 and still don't go there often because I ate too much and smelled it too much when I worked there.

I am an hour glass shape for the most part. My body is kinda weird. I have bigger chest along with big butt and thighs but I have broader shoulders than most women too. For some crazy reason, neither of my brothers got the broad shoulders from our dad but I did! Ridiculous! I also got his manly muscular calves and both my brothers have chicken legs! I think my moms reproduction system was confused on whether I was gonna be a girl or boy!

I eat all those things too. I do the beef fajitas and salsa chicken in the crockpot. I try to stick to around 20 net carbs a day too. I haven't been keeping as good track as I should and have noticed that when I dont keep track, my weight loss slows. I eat on plan 95% of the time, but I may be eating too much of stuff thats a little higher in carbs.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:01 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member

I am back, yay!

B: Low carb protein packed yogurt with sunflower seeds and walnuts
L: Salami and cheese
D: Reindeer meat with cream sauce and mushrooms and stuff
S: Water, ham and cheese, more yoghurt

Hunger was not too bad. I know I'm not on induction, not sure I will. Keeping it under 20 grams a day though.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:45 AM   #72
Senior LCF Member

October 30, 2012
Weight: 186.0 (1.2 pound loss!)

Meal Plan
L: Taco Salad
D: Chicken Lazone & Green Beans
S: Sugar Free Jello

Exercise

Progress Report:
Everything is going great. I love seeing progress everyday, it's definitely motivating. I am anxiously counting down the next 6.1 pounds to get into the 170's!

Hope you are all doing well! Looking forward to hearing about all of your progress!
Old 10-30-2012, 11:19 AM   #73
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sliceoflife
Stats: 218/206/170
Start Date: Oct 2012
Im up 2 pounds this morning :-( I have been very strict on induction but not giving up...

B:1 sausage link one egg some raw cauliflower while cooking breakfast :-)
L: hamburger with iceburg lettuce & mayo
D: Cabbage soup (prob leave out the beef this time)
W: 64 + oz

Daughter has a pizza party to go to this evening....it will be tough to resist but Im ready :-)

Oh yeah..also plan to treadmill 30 + minutes

Last edited by sliceoflife; 10-30-2012 at 11:20 AM..
sliceoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:35 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member

sliceoflife...

Yes, definitely don't give up. So many reasons for weight to fluctuate! I read somewhere one of the biggest reasons weighing isn't always accurate is because even when you're losing, sometimes fat cells will fill themselves up with water to prevent shrinking of the fat cell, then one morning you will wake up to more losses or even a big whoosh. I can't remember all the details but maybe google it. It was very interesting.

I know if I eat a lot of sodium or really push myself during workouts that I will go up the next day, I just try to pound the water on the days that I show a gain. I do know that when I drink at least half my weight in water, that it speeds up weight loss. A nutritionist I went to at one point explained 64 oz is for people at their ideal weight. I was 220 at the time and she said I needed to drink at least 110 oz and it made a huge difference!

I would definitely eat before you go to the pizza party, maybe take some pepperonis in a ziploc with you, and maybe pick the toppings off a slice or two of pizza! Also keep on top of the water during the party to help decrease appetite!

Good luck!
Old 10-30-2012, 01:11 PM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Just wanted to let you guys know I tried an amazing low carb recipe today. It was a carrot cake recipe. I cut the recipe in half and made 12 muffins. I only put carrots in half of them for my husband because I am still trying to stick to induction levels. Topped with a little whipped cream and OMG... so delicious! Mine was pretty much just a spice cake, but my husband loved it too!

99% of the time I do not even remotely like any of the low carb sweets or baked goods. I can taste egg in almost everything or it just tastes really bitter to me. The recipe is from The Chicken Lady and I also love her Almond Flour Fudge Cake. I will be trying her cornbread next since I seem to like her stuff.

Also, honeyville brand almond flour is the best! It delivers results very similar to flour recipes! I used to use Bobs Red Mill and just run the dry ingredients through the food processor and it helped but I could never get it as fine as honeyville and Bobs Red Mill seem to get a bit moist after running it through the food processor.

If you decide to try it, let me know how you like it. If you decide to leave out the carrots, you need to up the sour cream a bit by 1/4-1/2 cup to replace the moisture from the carrots.

I am going to include the fudge cake and cornbread recipes as well. I am going to do a test run on the cornbread to see if it would work for thanksgiving stuffing!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...pe-pick-6.html

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...-cake-pic.html

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...arbed-pic.html
Old 10-30-2012, 01:57 PM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Today was so-so.

B: Peanut butter cookie + hot cocoa, all low carb
S: Salami and cheese
D: Some stew thingy with brown sauce, mushrooms and beef.
S: A clif bar, really tiny. like 17 grams of carbs though :O
S: A chocolate/pb fat bomb.

Water and sugar-free iced tea. The clif bar being eaten was my own fault all together because I've been painting all day and all of a sudden I was so hungry I almost blacked out. Bad decisions happen when hungry!!!
Old 10-30-2012, 02:19 PM   #77
Senior LCF Member

alonewithyou...

That is a lot of carbs for something so small! I completely agree about letting yourself get hungry can lead to bad choices. That's why I usually have my meals planned out for the whole day the night before so I can defrost and prep everything the night before. I can usually only have one low carb snack in the house at a time otherwise I end up eating way too many carbs.

Fat bombs are on my list to try. I think after I eat these carrot cake muffins, I am going to try the cornbread recipe, and then maybe do the fat bombs. I keep seeing people post about them. How do you make yours? I've noticed everyone does it a little differently.

Good luck tomorrow.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:25 PM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minimizing_Melanie View Post
Hey everyone! I have been looking for a group to join, and I think this one would suit me I have been doing low carb since Jan 1st this year (restart) and have lost ~60 lbs. But for the past few months, I have been off and on and I have lost the same 5ish pounds over and over. I'm ready to actually restart and recommit. I weigh about 155 or so, and I would like to get down to like 115-130. Depending on how I look, I may try to go to 110. That may be too skinny, Im not sure yet. But if I look healthy, I'd like to try. I'd be able to say I have lost 100 lbs.. but anyway, I am trying to break my habit of weighing all the time. I will weigh in the 1st of each month. I want my successes to show in how I look and feel rather than the number on the scale. I will try to post everyday with what I've eaten and how Im doing, and so I can check up on everyone else
Ditto! I've been trying to restart forever... I am back now, and I feel stronger than ever! I just need time to make go-to snack LC stuff..
Old 10-31-2012, 09:10 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

October 31, 2012
Weight: 185.4

Meal Plan
L: Dill Pickles w/Tuna Salad
D: Spinach Lasagna
S: Unfrosted Carrot Cake Muffin

Exercise:
None

Progress Report:
My weight has been dropping everyday so that has been exciting. I didn't expect to get halfway to my next goal in a week so I am thrilled... especially because it took me almost 2 months to get from the 190's to the 180's. I checked this morning and I am in high ketosis. I usually don't go past light/moderate ketosis so I guess that is a big reason why the pounds are dropping. Looking at my food log, my fat has been really high... always above 100g per day.

I am looking forward to taking my kids trick or treating tonight. My daughter will be Cinderella and she's wearing the Disney store wedding gown and my son wanted to be a star wars storm trooper. Never seen a 4 year old so obsessed with Star Wars!

Hope you guys have an awesome Halloween!
Old 10-31-2012, 11:24 AM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Thanks fitness junkie!

The recipe was:
75 grams dark chocolate
75 grams sf milk chocolate
200 grams coconut oil
50 grams peanutbutter.

Today's menu was:
B: Maria's buns with almond meal and psyllium husk
S: cocoa and pb cookie
D: same as yesterday.

Water and sf iced teA. Probably a fat bomb and a tiny portion of Greek yogurt later.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:20 PM   #81
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sliceoflife
Stats: 218/206/170
Start Date: Oct 2012
Im back (finally) at 206 again...those 2 pounds that apppeared from no where went back there :-).....I was starting to get discouraged but my energy level is up and my mood is better so I wasnt going to change my way of eating...

You were right Christie thanks for the advice..i up'd my water intake but didnt really cut back on salt and eating a little more good fats has helped also. (how many dieters can say they have to eat MORE to get pounds off? lol im glad this is a way of life and pretty livable)
I ate before going to the pizza party and didnt even get a slice :-) And for ONCE when a "weakness" food is in front of me,(like pizza, and cupcakes, and breadsticks) I wasnt even tempted...i love how my appetite is suppressed when i have enough fats on low carb......Your recipe links look sooo good I will have to try those when I get to a better place in my weight loss :-)
sliceoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:54 AM   #82
Senior LCF Member

November 2, 2012
Weight: 185.4 (Holding steady... waiting on my next whoosh!)

Meal Plan
L: Leftovers
D: Heroin Wings & Roasted Green Bean Fries
S: Low Carb Ice Cream (Breyers Carb Smart Fudge Bars 3 net carbs each)

Exercise
Treadmill: 45 minutes

Progress Report
It has been a hectic few days but eating wise, doing great. There has been candy everywhere the last few days but I have steered clear of it. I am just too excited to get into the 170's! I fit into clothes that I haven't been able to wear for about a year or so yesterday and it really made me feel great! I have been making a list of recipes that I want to try out and I think I will start trying at least one new recipe a week. Variety tends to keep me on the straight and narrow. I will let you guys know if I come across any great new recipes.

slice... thanks for the recipe! Hope you're enjoying your weekend.

slice I am so glad to hear that those extra pounds are gone! Congrats on not giving into the pizza, great job! It is crazy that upping your fat intake leads to faster weight loss and appetite suppression after being taught fat is bad for so long! I stick to induction levels for the most part but I really do love those recipes I posted! I usually make a half recipe (12 muffins or 24 mini muffins) sometimes I even will make only a 1/4 of the recipe just to make sure that I dont overeat them. They are so good that even my hubby will eat them and he is in amazing shape! Hope you're having a great weekend as well!
Old 11-04-2012, 07:29 AM   #83
Senior LCF Member

I've been doing good as well. Only it might have snuck in some carbs, I didn't read all labels, but it's ok for now. Haven't lost anything in the first week. Not that I have too much to lose. I'll do a lot of baking tonight, so that I have a few go-to items!
Old 11-04-2012, 07:33 AM   #84
Senior LCF Member

November 4, 2012
Weight: 185.8

Meal Plan
B: Eggs and Bacon
L: Heroin Wings & Roasted Green Beans
D: Grilled Ribeye & Salad
W: 128 oz

Exercise

Progress Report
Yesterday I exceeded my exercise goal for the day. I did 4 miles on the treadmill and also used hand weights the whole time to work on my arms. I was very proud of myself. I think that's why my weight went up.

alone I meant to thank you for the fat bomb recipe, not slice, guess I was just going too fast yesterday. lol. Anyway, thanks!

Hope everyone has been able to stay on track since they last checked in. Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone! Good luck on this next week coming up!
Old 11-04-2012, 07:35 AM   #85
Senior LCF Member

alone we must have been posting at the same time because I didn't see yours until after I posted. What are you going to be baking?

Good luck with your week!
Old 11-04-2012, 11:31 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

I am thinking of making oopsies and something sweet. It's already 7.30 pm here and I still haven't done it. I love lazy Sundays!
Old 11-05-2012, 06:30 AM   #87
Senior LCF Member

November 5, 2012
Weight: 185.6

Meal Plan
L: Bunless Burgers
D: Ribeye & Brussels Sprouts
W: 128+ oz

Exercise

Progress Report
I am thinking about going back to strict induction for the next week, maybe two. I am going to weigh everything before I eat and log it so I can make sure I hit 20 carbs on the dot with at least 12 from veggies! Cutting out nuts, nut flours, low carb ice cream, etc. I want to pick up the pace of my weight loss a little bit. I haven't been having many sweet cravings mostly just craving beef and brussels sprouts (which I always thought I hated because I had only had them mushy and gross!) so I think I will be fine. I want to be in the 160's by mid January at the latest which means on plan holiday meals, which I am looking forward to. I have some cleaning and laundry to do today, not too much else.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:14 PM   #88
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: glanisha
Hi Im Gracie. I did atkins 2 years ago and lost a 25lbs. I gained it back because I started eating out a lot. I started it again today and I really want to make it a lifestyle. I lose weight fast on low carbs and I also gain weight on carbs. I dont think my body metablizes carbs well. I also gain a lot of water weight when I eat carbs. Im determined to go through the phases and also im doing 10 minute trainer work outs. The hardest part is weekends beacse me and my family (husband, 2 kids 10 year old girl and 4 year old boy) eat out a lot and love pizza nights and iit will also be hard not having my Friday night drink.My husband plays a lot of raquet ball so he ndoesnt gain weight nor does he watch his diet, its hard doing it alone. Im at the heaviest ive ever been and none of my jeans fit! I refuse to buy new jeans.

~*Gracie*~
Starting weight 162.8
Mini Goal #1: 159.9 {2.9 lbs to go}
Mini Goal #2: 149.9 {12.9 lbs to go
Mini Goal #3: 139.6 {22.9 lbs to go}
Mini Goal #4: 129.6 {32.9 lbs to go}
Ultimate Goal: 120.0 {42.8 lb to go}
glanisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:06 AM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Hey Gracie! Welcome!! Sounds like you have a great plan. I have a husband who never gains weight (but he is eating the low carb food I make so I dont make him carby sides this time around), 6 year old girl, and 4 year old boy. Even though my kids eat whole foods and no processed junk food, they still have things that I cant eat in the house like homemade baked bread, muffins, etc. We used to go out to eat a lot until I added up how much money we spent on dining out over the past year. It was enough to make me sick to my stomach... maybe you can go back and see how much you spent eating out and shock yourself out of that habit. lol. It definitely worked for me.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:22 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member

November 6, 2012
Weight: 185.2 (Loss= 0.4)

Meal Plan
L: Ham & Cheese Lettuce Wrap
D: Pork Chops & Cole Slaw
W: 128+ oz

Exercise

Progress Report
Saw a small loss on the scale so happy for that! Hoping to see 174.6 before the end of the month! 174.6 moves me from the obese category to the overweight category! yay! lol. I am gonna shoot for 4 miles on the treadmill again today so hopefully I can do it again! Sometime in the near future, I am gonna start the couch25k program so I can work on running.