Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2012, 01:36 PM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Hi! Do you mind if I join you? I'm looking ahead to next summer, too!

I'm Christine, almost 40, one DS (age 11), married. I started seriously losing weight in July of 2010 and did great up through the following year. I was down to 170 (a good weight for me!) until August when I had some serious life stress and just went down hill. I haven't been able to get my groove back since, and I'm up 20 lbs. I could just kick myself.

But I'm still at it, taking every day anew, and doing my best to keep carbs low. My primary workout is weight lifting. I'm on week six of a 12-week plan for heavy lifting, and my strength progress has astounded me (I also lost 3 inches in my waist in sixteen days, a fact I discovered today).

I love trying new recipes and post many of them in my journal. I'm not weighing anymore because I'm sick of it. Last year, however, I was a daily weigher (and nightly, like you, Christie! Same exact thing: 2 lb loss overnight, so I wanted to know where I'd be). It really helped me back then. These days? It does just the opposite and derails me. A lot can happen in a year, I guess.

Anyway, enough rambling. I have goals:

1. Toned arms (to my standards) for next summer
2. Feeling comfortable in a bathing suit
3. Increasing strength (each week, whenever possible!)

Nice to "meet" all of you!

"When I run, it's me against myself, which means that I always lose." ~Christine

Weight loss journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ney-maker.html
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2012, 05:43 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: C13rre
Stats: 195.2/190.2/140
WOE: atkins induction
Start Date: restart oct 12
Hey Christine,

Weight lifting wow :-). I have personal training sessions + do a lot of lifting in them. I love weight training + internal training on the treadmill. Would love to hear more about your weight training + your successes in the gym. Xxx
C13rre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:16 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cinglessofme
Stats: 265/250/150
WOE: High-Fat, Low-Carb
Hi Christine welcome. I'll be interested to hear about your final results at week 12. I prefer weight training to cardio anyday. However I am told for my body shape, I'm an apple, cardio is paramount to me obtaining my weight loss goals. I will have to make a decision soon and plot out a real workout plan. For now, because I havent exercised in years I'm starting with daily walks on the treadmill.

Last edited by cinglessofme; 10-16-2012 at 06:20 PM..
cinglessofme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:27 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 222.2/179.2/174.6 (Mini Goal #3) {4.6 lbs to go!}
WOE: Atkins-Extended Induction/1 Mini Goal At A Time
Start Date: August 28, 2012 {Restart}
mom23 and cingles... Congrats on the losses, ladies!!

Christine... Those are great goals. I have been putting a list of goals together as well. It includes exercise such as cardio and focusing on my arms, things like meal planning and prepping food items (veggies chopped, homemade sauces made, etc) so I have no excuse to not cook, I'm not a big leftover person but have found that cooked taco meat is great to keep in the freezer for those crazy days as well as a few other meals. I am doing everything possible to try to keep myself on track this go round!

Anyway, hope everyone had a great day! I am hoping tomorrow is the day I get into the 180's!!
Mini Goal #1: 199. {COMPLETED 9/5/12!}
Mini Goal #2: 189.9 {COMPLETED 10/24/12!}
Mini Goal #3: 174.6 {4.6 lbs to go}
Mini Goal #4: 165.6 {13.6 lbs to go}
Mini Goal #5: 155.6 {23.6 lbs to go}
Mini Goal #6: 145.6 {33.6 lbs to go}
Ultimate Goal: 135.6 {43.6 lb to go}

FitnessJunkie1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:30 AM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C13rre View Post
Hey Christine,

Weight lifting wow :-). I have personal training sessions + do a lot of lifting in them. I love weight training + internal training on the treadmill. Would love to hear more about your weight training + your successes in the gym. Xxx
Be careful what you wish for! I love to talk about the gym.... Poor DH. He tolerates it, but I think he's rolling his eyes internally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinglessofme View Post
Hi Christine welcome. I'll be interested to hear about your final results at week 12. I prefer weight training to cardio anyday. However I am told for my body shape, I'm an apple, cardio is paramount to me obtaining my weight loss goals. I will have to make a decision soon and plot out a real workout plan. For now, because I havent exercised in years I'm starting with daily walks on the treadmill.
Thanks for the welcome! I'm tracking each week in a spreadsheet because I like seeing the progress from one week to the next. So far, it has been pretty amazing. I think starting with your daily walks is a great idea! Including a bit of resistance exercise will help; perhaps interval training? Treadmill for 10 minutes, some modified pushups or bicep curls, and then back to the treadmill?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitnessJunkie1026 View Post
mom23 and cingles... Congrats on the losses, ladies!!

Christine... Those are great goals. I have been putting a list of goals together as well. It includes exercise such as cardio and focusing on my arms, things like meal planning and prepping food items (veggies chopped, homemade sauces made, etc) so I have no excuse to not cook, I'm not a big leftover person but have found that cooked taco meat is great to keep in the freezer for those crazy days as well as a few other meals. I am doing everything possible to try to keep myself on track this go round!

Anyway, hope everyone had a great day! I am hoping tomorrow is the day I get into the 180's!!
I hear you on the meal planning! That's one thing that I really need to focus on if I'm going to have any success at all. Hope today is your break into 180 territory!
Old 10-17-2012, 07:33 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

October 16, 2012
Weight: 190.6 (held steady from yesterday)

Meal Plan
B: Atkins Shake
L: Cucumber Salad (Chopped cucumbers, onion, shredded mozzarella, creamy italian dressing)
D: Ribeye & Roasted Brussels Sprouts
S: Jello Fluff

Water
100+ oz

Exercise
Treadmill: 45+ minutes

Progress Report:
So one of my new teachers is CRAZY! This is gonna be a stressful, busy 8 weeks! Thank goodness I was able to finish 2 of my other classes up before this one started. My other two teachers only release a weeks worth of work at a time or I would have tried to get those done. My humanities teacher has us doing 1 test a week, 1 quiz a week, 1 essay a week, 4 homework assignments a week, and a discussion board where you do your post and respond to 4 other classmates over a 5 day period. I will have to work on this class every single day!

In weight loss news, I was a little disappointed that my weight held. Something about 189 doesnt seem as close to 200 as 190! We shall see tomorrow.

Last edited by FitnessJunkie1026; 10-17-2012 at 07:56 AM..
Old 10-18-2012, 04:54 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

October 18, 2012
Weight: 190.6

Meal Plan
L: Ribeye Salad (lettuce, mushrooms, onions, steak, cheese and ranch)
D: Tacos
S: Diet Root Beer

Water
100+ oz

Exercise

Progress Report:
So I am wondering if I am maintaining my weight because of exercising. I know sometimes I will retain water weight the day after exercising, so I will find out on Monday morning if thats the case because I won't be working out on Sunday. I also am going to try not to eat anything else after 6. I was hoping to be in the 140's by April 1. That's about 5 1/2 months so I think 40 pounds in 5 months is a realistic goal. My main focus is summer but we might be going somewhere during our kids spring break and I would like to be comfortable in a swimsuit even if its a one piece... I just dont want to have to wear a baggy t-shirt over it!
Old 10-18-2012, 01:52 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

So I stumbled a little bit today. I was really craving a chili dog so I decided thats what I would have for dinner instead of tacos. So I browned the meat and went into my pantry to grab my tomato sauce and when I grabbed the can, my eyes focused in on a can of hormel chili. MY FAVORITE! Once I saw it, I couldnt get it out of my head. I have come to realize if I let a craving build up in my head, I would really binge on it so what I did was I added 5 tablespoons of the hormel chili to my hamburger and onion mixture. It has the right flavor, but about 5 net carbs added from the chili. I rounded up because a cup of the chili is 18 carbs with 3 fiber, so 15 net carbs. 16 tablespoons in a cup so a little that 1 net carb per tablespoon. We will see if it messes with my weight, but 5 tablespoons versus the 2 cups in the can, I think I will be okay. And I killed a craving so it wont build up.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:01 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cinglessofme
Stats: 265/250/150
WOE: High-Fat, Low-Carb
FITNESSJUNK, I don't think five tablespoons is going to make any difference in your weight. I think that was a wise solution to take care of the craving. I often think my all or nothing approach to weight loss and feelings of deprivation is why I had failed at previous attempts at this woe. Kudos to you for tailoring the plan to one that works for you, one that will become your way of life.
cinglessofme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:57 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Cingles... Yes, that all or nothing mentality is what messed me up in the past. I am definitely trying to find solutions that will work for long term. I wont buy that chili again, not just because of the carb count but some of the ingredients are just awful and before I moved that tomato sauce, it has been out of sight and out of mind for me.

I've learned never to grocery shop hungry because it leads to bad choices, then you have bad food sitting in the house trying to resist the temptation to eat, and I always seem to fail and just eat it! I always shop early in the morning after it opens or late at night right before it closes, that it always the least busiest times and I can really look at the nutritional labels before I put anything in my cart without people pushing past me or huffing that I am in their way.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:06 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

October 19, 2012
Weight: 192.6 (2 pound gain)

Meal Plan
L: Ribeye Salad (lettuce, mushrooms, onions, steak, cheese and ranch)
D: Tacos
S: Diet Root Beer

Water
128+ oz

Exercise

Progress Report:
I had an exactly a 2 pound gain. I was so thirsty last night and no matter how much water I drank, I couldn't quench my thirst. I didn't think the 5 tablespoons of chili was going to do much, but maybe I was wrong. Of course, between the chili and two hot dogs, that was alot of sodium so maybe just some bloat from the food. I will find out tomorrow and I will be pounding the water today to try to clear my system out. I also had some Breyers carb smart ice cream last night. I wish I had one of those monitors so I could prick my finger and really see how food was affecting me. I might have to invest in one to get an idea.

I hope you are all doing well. If you make a mistake, just get back on track. We are all going to make mistakes while trying to change such a major part of our lives. There will be days that go horribly, but if we really want to lose the weight, we have to hold ourselves accountable and get back on track. I have been known to fall off the wagon for weeks and months at a time. I hate gaining all the weight back and having to start over, so from now on, I won't QUIT anymore. I may fall down and mess up, but I will get it back together ASAP!
Old 10-19-2012, 10:55 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

So.......no progress for me. I have not been on plan but I have a very valid excuse, my dad had another heart attack . I have been trying to sort things for him but I'm realising how much emotions play in my eating habits. I would like to know the science behind this and what triggers the brain to do it? Xxx
Old 10-20-2012, 05:14 AM   #43
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm sorry to hear about your dad, C13rr3! Stress definitely triggers the desire for sugar, since sugar tickles the pleasure sensors in the brain.

Christie, hope that water has flushed out!!! Now the chili's gone, and you will no longer be tempted by it.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Busy one here; I'll be back later!
Old 10-20-2012, 06:19 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

October 20, 2012
Weight: 191.6 (Down 1 pound since the chili incident but still up 1 pound from before)

Meal Plan
L: Salmon, Creamed Spinach & Sauteed Mushrooms
D: Salmon, Yellow Squash, & Sauteed Mushrooms
S: Sugar Free Jello

Water
128+ oz

Exercise
Treadmill: None

Progress Report:
Purchased some yummy looking fresh salmon at Sam's yesterday. It's a rare treat for us because it's so darn expensive. I like to cook the whole piece in the oven and feast all day! I've felt like I was coming down with something the last few days and its finally here. Ugh. Hopefully it passes quickly. No big plans for the weekend, just lots of homework and some time with the kids. We are carving our pumpkins this weekend.

C13... I am also sorry to hear about your dad! Stress eating is something we probably all suffer with. We didn't end up overweight by eating sensibly. I wish I knew what triggered it as well. I've been getting better with self control and fighting those stress cravings. Between college and the kids and the army life, stress is always around. I am not comparing my stress with yours over your father, though. I know it's not the same. But even with really focusing on resisting the stress cravings, I still have my moments when I give in, like the other night with the chili. We're all gonna get there...

Christine... Thanks! I chugged so much water and went down a pound from the 2 pounds I went up so I guess I had a 1 pound actual gain. But like you said, the chili is gone now and no longer a temptation. Even if I wanted it, I dont think we could fit it in our grocery budget now that we have gone mostly organic and non processed foods. Trying to keep chemicals out of your children is a bit expensive, kinda sad that its cheaper to pump yourself full of potential cancer causers.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:06 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member

I am looking for suggestions for a good salsa without sugar listed in the ingredients. We had been using Old El Paso Mild Salsa... its only 2 net carbs for 2 tbsp. I had a bunch that I got for free when I used to coupon and the sugar was minimal but it's added sugar because its listed in the ingredients so I am looking for a better replacement. I checked Muir Glen brand since its organic and it doesnt have sugar but its 3 net carbs for 2 tbsp. I am trying to find the least carb choice as possible. What do you guys use?

Also, does anyone make their own mayo? We are trying to completely eliminate soy from our diets but all the yummy mayo lists soybean oil as the first ingredient. I was thinking about making my own with olive oil or bacon fat but I am kind of leary about the raw eggs. Also, I am not sure how long it would last. My kids dont eat mayo so I am half tempted to keep using commercial mayo.

I also wanted to let you know about my most recent find... Ragu Light No Sugar Added Tomato & Basil 4 net carbs per 1/4 cup (all natural ingredients, only olive oil and no sugar or sugar substitutes) We used to use Great Value Pizza Sauce from Wal-Mart but had to find a replacement because of the soybean oil. We use this for pizza sauce, in our spinach lasagna and to top chicken parmesan. It has a great flavor. We bought it for $1.68 for 23.5 oz so about .71/oz. The Great Value was the same exact price per oz so it's not even costing us extra money for a healthier, name brand alternative!

Kerrygold Pure Irish Butter is also a great find! It is an all natural butter that is spreadable without the addition of any extra oils. It tastes amazing! We have been using Land O Lakes with olive oil and will probably continue to keep as a backup. We found it at Sams Club.

C13... I just finished watching Is Sugar Toxic? by 60 minutes. It was very eye opening and explains what sugar does to the brain. It's similar to using cocaine. Sugar is very addictive, the more you eat, the higher your tolerance just like with drugs and alcohol. Then it requires more sugar to get that "feel good" feeling so you have to eat more. A few bites just won't do. Its so easy to lose control when you're trying to feed an addiction. Anyway, you should check the video out. It was very informative. I just watched it on the website.

Last edited by FitnessJunkie1026; 10-20-2012 at 07:45 AM..
Old 10-20-2012, 01:12 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone,

Christine, that is very true for me. I have a total addition to sugar and when I'm stressed that's the first thing I go for.

Fitness, I will be making time to watch that programme. You're life sounds really business, what do you study? What age are your kids? Mostly how do you fit everything in with your expert kitchen skills etc? Xxx
Old 10-20-2012, 02:03 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

C13

My life is super busy at the moment. My kids just turned 4 and 6. We are discussing the possibility of one last baby. My son is in a preschool program for 2 hours each day so I use that time to really make a dent in school work. Thankfully, school has always been easy for me. My major is Business Administration with a concentration in Human Resources.

I used to be a wreck trying to fit everything and at the end of the night, I would look around and you couldn't tell I had cleaned a thing. Then I discovered flylady (google if you dont know who that is) and the concept of scheduling your day. It amazes me how smoothly the majority of my life runs. Now that my house is in order and completely organized, it has lifted such a burden off my shoulders. Every night my kids lay down at 6:30. This is the only time they are allowed to watch tv. Its bedtime at 7:30 and they are almost always asleep by 7:45. I am finished with my day at about 7:30. I have a schedule that eliminates wasting time. I get up an hour before the kids, toss a load of laundry in the wash and unload the dishwasher. I always cook breakfast, lunch and dinner so as I go, I put the dishes in the dishwasher. After dinner, I clean the kitchen and do meal prep for the next day. Chop veggies, make sauces, cut up meats. I also will get together breakfast items such a bowls, spoons, etc and lay them out on the counter. I pack my daughters lunch the night before. My husband gets the kids in the bath at 6 after dinner and thats when I start my nightly routine. So the next day everything is prepped and ready to go, so its smooth sailing throughout the day.

Hope that helps!
Old 10-21-2012, 03:19 PM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Fitness, googled flylady quickly there but I will most certainly be looking more into it. I have quite a busy live and my gym routine and eating plans get somewhat overseen so I will be doing this to see if I works for me to.

I will post my weight tomorrow morning. Goodnight! Xxx
Old 10-22-2012, 08:46 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

October 22, 2012
Weight: 191.2 (Down a few ounces)

Meal Plan
L: Salmon Salad
D: Hamburger Steak, Yellow Squash, Salad
S: None

Water
128+ oz

Exercise

Progress Report:
I am happy with my weight today, down a few ounces from yesterday but still up from 190.6 after the chili incident. I did have a few off plan snacks yesterday. I made some whole wheat pumpkin muffins and tried a new recipe for whole wheat bread and I always taste everything before I give it to the kids if it's something new they haven't tried yet. I don't want them to try something and it end up being gross because whole foods can be a big adjustment on kids so I want to make sure everything they try at this point is super yummy so they will have positive association with healthier eating. The bread and muffins were definitely super yummy! I have noticed that when I eat whole wheat baked goods without sugar it doesn't really seem to affect my weight. For the kids I use a little bit of honey in their baked goods just because it's the most natural, least processed sweetener I can find. I still use Splenda for myself, which I would like to eventually get away from, but I haven't found anything low in carbs that actually tastes sweet to me. I keep trying different brands of stevia but its very bitter to me. I also don't think I will ever be able to give up Crystal Light or Diet Root Beer or my very rare treat of Breyers Carb Smart ice cream. I figure if I am 99% on the whole food wagon, that is a huge decrease in preservatives, additives and chemicals.

Anyway, I hope you are all doing well and had great weekends!
Old 10-22-2012, 12:03 PM   #50
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sunshyne
Stats: 182/182/145
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 10-21-12
Hi guys. I'm new here, so new this is my 1st post. I found this site when I was searching about low carb menus. So here's my story; when I need to drop some weight becuase of ___________(fill in the blank with what ever special event) I will eat under 20 grams or so. I loose for the event then I'm right back to the same weight of 183lbs. Its crazy but evidently the norm for so many people. This time I am going to eat 20 grams for a couple of days to get my cravings gone then my plan is to eat 70-80 grams a day. I'm looking forward to this challenge for next Summer. I'm going to be down to 140-145lbs. I workout pretty good so I still want to keep my strenght/muscles. I'm super excited about this forum hopefully it will provide me with some of the support that I need. I'm so tired of doing 20 grams then eating the wrong meal then thinking I will start back tomorrow cause typically start back when I get to 182-183. Has anyone or do yall know of anyone that eats between 70-80 carbs and had success with slow but steady weight loss? I'm kinda wondering it that might be too many but I'm gonna try it. Perhaps every 3rd day or so my dinner will be little or no carbs unless from a green veggie. Once again supper excited.
sunshyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:34 PM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Christie, have you tried xylitol? I've had good luck with that as a sweetener (I don't use a lot, though, so I can't really vouch for baking).

Welcome, Sunshyne! You'll find lots of good information on this site!

As for me, back to lifting today after the weekend off. It feels weird to not workout on the weekend, but it's a good rest time. I did walk about 9 miles between Thursday-Sunday, so that made me feel like I got some workouts in! Nutrition wasn't spectacular on the weekend, but I'm still working on it. Wearing some pants that are pretty loose today, so that's always a good sign!
Old 10-22-2012, 01:52 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

after being serious about this the last couple of days I weighed in at 191 that's a 4.2 loss since last week.

Had lunch today with my mum + sis but stuck with chicken + bacon cesar salad with no croutons, main was sea bass and courgettes with a potato + sweetcorn fritter which I took a small bite of then kindly gave to my sis. The dreaded dessert was going to be champagne + rasberry jelly with tropical sorbet or white chocolate mousse with nuts and a pear coulis but I asked the waiter to ask the chef the sugar content + if suitable for Atkins (although I knew the answer). The waiter came back and said the chef laughed and said both had loads too much sugar so I had cheese and biscuits but told the waiter hold the biscuits so I wasn't tempted. It was a very successful lunch I think and I'm super proud of myself.

Sunsyne, . I take in very few carbs as I would never lose on that much but everyones different I suppose. Goodluck anyway and keep checking in. Xxx
Old 10-23-2012, 03:25 AM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Weighed in this morning as can feel my body is in ketosis. 0.8lbs loss making me 190.2 hoping for 189.8 tomorrow at most. Xxx

Last edited by C13rre; 10-23-2012 at 03:30 AM..
Old 10-23-2012, 07:36 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

October 23, 2012
Weight: 190.2 (1 pound down from yesterday!)

Meal Plan
L: Steak & Cheese in low carb wrap (lettuce, onions, mushrooms, mayo)
D: Sweet & Sour Chicken & Veggie Stir Fry (snow peas, onions, mushrooms)
S: Root Beer Float (Carb Smart Vanilla & Diet A&W)

Water
128+ oz

Exercise

Progress Report:
I was surprised to see a 1 pound loss on the scale this morning because I was extremely bloated last night. I knew TOM would be here by the time I woke up and I was right. It's always nice to see a loss during that time of month. The plan for the next few days is to keep my eating in check, I am always tempted to binge on sweets. The good news is I don't have any sweets in the house really. A small bit of carb smart chocolate ice cream and sugar free jello and applesauce and my daughters fresh fruit for school. That's about it. I am not sure if anyone here is familiar with a Military Ball, but it's basically like a formal prom type of event for the company/unit that you're husband is assigned to. We've only been to one because we don't let other people besides my family watch our kids. Well, we just found out that my husband's ball will be in May 2013 and I really want to go. My husband keeps a picture of our very first ball on his desk at work and the guys are always saying "Damn, your wife WAS smoking hot back then" (kinda hurts my feelings) Anyway, I know there's no way I will be 120 by then but I want to really blow my husband away. He says he keeps that picture on his desk because it was one of our greatest, favorite nights together but I would love for him to replace it with a new one so I have a little bit of extra motivation. So, I have a spring break trip, military ball and a comfortable summer in shorts to keep pushing me.

Sunshyne... Welcome! Are you talking 70-80 net carbs or regular carbs? The only time I ever got that high was when I was in maintenance after losing weight a few years ago. What does a normal day of eating look like for you? I am always satisfied on 20-25 net carbs a day and I get to eat a lot of food, sometimes I don't even make 25 net carbs.

C13... I weighed in at 190.2 as well this morning. Seems like we are on the same track!! Great work! I am keeping my fingers crossed for 189.9 tomorrow!

Christine... Yes, I've used xylitol in the past. I stopped buying it when I found out it was deadly to dogs (my dog is always scavenging for crumbs on the kitchen floor) and switched to erythritol which I really like in baking when mixed with splenda. Swerve brand is my favorite. Unfortunately. both erythritol and xylitol are highly processed so it would still be out as far as the whole food way of eating, it's considered a "franken-food". But like I said, eliminating almost everything should have a major impact so even if I don't find a replacement, I can live with it. Plus I don't make too many low carb sweets that often anymore because it always leads me to me binging so it wouldn't be used that often anyway. Also, GREAT job on walking 9 miles in those few days! And yes, loose pants are always awesome!

Micks... I know life gets busy for ya at times, but just wanted to say hey, and hope that you are doing well!

Well, I am off to grab my son from preschool and then we are going to do a bit of shopping today. House is sparkly clean, homework is done, and husband won't be home for lunch. This is not an everyday thing and we don't have to be back until 2:45 to get my daughter. YAY!

Last edited by FitnessJunkie1026; 10-23-2012 at 07:39 AM..
Old 10-23-2012, 11:25 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Fitness I hate that kind of statement to :-(. My friend (male) said to me, "I remember when you were stunning"(hurts my feelings to). I have till xmas 2013 as I'm will be in Orlando over xmas + newyear period + would love with every inch of me to wear a swimsuit and feel comfortable instead of hiding behind clothes that I think are for overweight people. It has a lot to do with clothes in florida being a lot cheaper than back here in UK so I can tell my bf, I deserve double skinny clothes here after all the hard work, lol. I only said 189.8 because my scales only do even numbers after . Xxx
Old 10-24-2012, 05:01 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

October 24, 2012
Weight: 188.8 (FINALLY the 180's!!!)

Meal Plan
L: Ribeye, Sauteed Yellow Squash & Salad
D: Ribeye & Roasted Brussels Sprouts
S:

Water
100+ oz

Exercise

Progress Report:
I am so thrilled to be in the 180's. I just hope it sticks! It has really helped only focusing on 10 pounds at a time rather than whole picture. I have 8.9 pounds to go to get to my next goal and it just doesn't seem like a lot!

C13... Looking forward to hear if you lost today! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Everyone else... Hope you guys are doing well and sticking to whatever eating plan you have chosen for yourselves. Even if you make a not so great choice with food, just make sure you get back on track with the next meal. Don't wait until the next day or until the start of next week. We don't want to gain those lost pounds back! Just remember all the reasons you want to lose weight!
Old 10-24-2012, 02:09 PM   #57
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sunshyne
Stats: 182/182/145
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 10-21-12
I went to try on halloween costumes and had to stop with all the internal negative comments. But thats ok I got something really cute but next year I will have alot more cuter options. I'm down to 177 and really excited. I plan on making a menu and grocery store list tonigt so I can start adding more healthy carbs back in.
sunshyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:49 PM   #58
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sliceoflife
Stats: 218/206/170
Start Date: Oct 2012
hi i would love to join you all. Im 42 and really need to get my health back under my control after having some personal tragedies. I am the mother of 3. So far I am really sick and need motivation to get through that part ...today I had 3 cups of broth :-( I KNOW that isnt good but im really feeling yucky. I usually have lots of veggies and some protein with over the intake of water....I lost 72 lbs on low carb ten years ago so I know how to eat right on it maybe my body is just older and more onary lol...this looks like a fun group :-)
sliceoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:42 AM   #59
Senior LCF Member

sliceoflife. Let's all keep motivated + dump these pounds for good. I have not long started to + loving low carb again (why do I try other diets?). Hope u feel better soon.

Fitness I didn't get down to 180's yesterday or today but hey I'll get there very soon. Its the disappointments that make me binge + go back to unhealthy ways of eating. I'm work in progress, lol. Glad for you 170's here you come. Xxx
Old 10-25-2012, 10:09 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member

October 25, 2012
Weight: 188.8 (YAY! It held!)

Meal Plan
L: Pizza (Off plan thanks to hubby!)
D: Salad (lettuce, bacon and ranch)

Water:
128+ oz (lots and lots and lots of water)

Exercise:
Treadmill; 45+ minutes

Progress Report:
My husband is in great shape but he has been doing low carb with me. Today he bought some pizza for his guys at work. So he brought some home (we have NOT had takeout pizza in about a year) As much as I tried to resist the pizza, I did end up eating a piece. I feel overly full now, ugh. I will be chugging water and eating a super low carb salad for dinner. I am hoping that it wont make me gain or if it does make me gain I hope I stay under 190, but if I do gain, I am not going to get too upset about it. I made a choice, 1 piece satisfied me and I know if I would have been staring at it all day telling myself I couldnt have it, I would have eaten every piece later tonight.

sunshyne... This will be the second Halloween that I refused to do costumes. My husband and I used to do couples costumes. I know it drives him crazy when I tell him that I dont want to look fat and ugly in stuff. He thinks that telling me that he thinks I am sexy should fix everything. I've tried to explain to him that if I dont FEEL sexy, it doesnt matter what anyone else thinks.

sliceoflife... WELCOME! I've noticed that I am losing slower this time around and I am only 28.

C13... You're right! You will get there. I've realized that so many things make me binge and I am trying to work on that too. It's okay to be a work in progress. I dont think anyone really has it ALL figured out yet!