Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2012, 11:49 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cammie
Stats: 262 / 245 / ?
WOE: Atkins
I certainly won't fit into my beautiful black velvet trousers (UK 8) for Christmas... Maybe next year though! I did have a very good week - once I finished eating all the junk I had in the house on Monday - and as usual the first week is really motivating on the scale. Not so much in the clothes, but I've five weeks left until Christmas so I do hope to get comfortably into my size 12 (UK) jeans by then. I have some black ones that will be fine for Christmas Eve / Christmas Day.

Now I suppose I really ought to start exercising again, for just five weeks I could manage to do it but I'm totally unmotivated. Part of me thinks I ought to see where I end up with diet and the normal exercise I get anyway (generally walking) and work out my "new goal" from there.
cammie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2012, 06:27 AM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mama_2_3
Where is everyone??

Cammie, you'll be rocking those trousers before you know it! I know if I can make it through the holidays without gaining I'll count it as a win! This time of year does me in As for exercise, I find it easier to stay on plan when I work out - I don't want to undo all my hard work. Plus I feel less guilty when I do mess up with my food because I know I've already burned off some of it.
mama_2_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:35 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Maybe we're the only ones left Kristyn?

You're right about the exercise, only I tend to get obsessed with it to the point where I was doing 90 minutes a day 7 days a week last year. I know I need to learn moderation but it isn't something I do that well with.

I gained weight over the past two days even though I was remarkably good and went on a 5-mile hike yesterday! Oh well, I've still got four weeks to Christmas for the jeans, and eating protein in the morning is working pretty well at keeping me "not hungry" during the day. I just feel like if I'm spending calories on eating I ought to enjoy it... but at that hour I really don't WANT to eat and it's something of a chore. Pity I can't say that about the rest of the day!
Old 11-26-2012, 12:38 PM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

I'm the last person to preach about moderation! I won't even bother going to the gym if I don't have at least 90 min. I have learned to take it easy on the running though - keeps the injuries at bay. I never used to like breakfast either, but now I've adapted and can't live without it.

I did my first race on the weekend - a 4k Santa run! Everyone dresses in Santa suits and runs along the parade route. I was sooo nervous all week, but it was amazing! My Dad, sister and SIL did it with me, and my mom and hubby and all our kids cheered us on. It was probably the highlight of my year!

The voice inside you that says you can't do this... is a liar.

Old 11-28-2012, 03:00 PM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: nikkiluvslowcarb
Stats: 315 /164.4/ 155
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: June 7th 2011
Hi everyone!

Mama, the Santa run sounds like fun. Did you get pics?

The newspaper did an article on my weight loss.

Here's the link to my story.

VermilionToday.com - Nikki Miller sheds 150 pounds
nikkiluvslowcarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:35 PM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cara7166
Stats: 325/217/200 next goal!
WOE: Atkins for first 65 pounds, then HCG
Start Date: Nov 1, 2011
I'm still here!! I don't read a lot of the low carb posts during the hcg round, I wait til I get back to P3 - which I am doing as pretty much atkins with occasional fruit. Doing great on my 3rd round. I had really hoped to get into ONEderland before Christmas but it's not going to happen on this round and I'm ok with that. I will do it in January. I have some challenging times coming up - we are traveling for Christmas AND the whole month of February. My goal is simply to maintain or as close to I can to maintaining during those times. Hope everyone had a great holiday!
cara7166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:53 AM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiluvslowcarb View Post
Hi everyone!

Mama, the Santa run sounds like fun. Did you get pics?

The newspaper did an article on my weight loss.

Here's the link to my story.

VermilionToday.com - Nikki Miller sheds 150 pounds
I am so happy for you!

Been really busy with grankids & all...

Stepped on the scale for the 1st time in months! 176 last week... Hmmm Cant eat with the kids any more...at least for a while! Have both of them low carb but I have added too much good butter & cream in my WOE... Got to cut that out!

I refuse to buy bigger clothes! Advantage to getting rid of all of them....

BTW has anyone heard from Tiggy? I have not been here for a while & was sondering about her?

Last edited by iamfaithful; 12-03-2012 at 08:55 AM..
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:17 PM   #68
Senior LCF Member

I've spent the past two weeks face-down in FOOD. I was absolutely perfect through Thanksgiving weekend (even though we don't have Thanksgiving here, I did have to cook a big dinner for dh's family on the Saturday night where we set all the plans for the Christmas/New Year holidays). I ate nothing off plan, nothing over my calorie limits. I even had to go to a fundraiser on the previous Friday when I had NO calories left, but managed with 2 cups of black coffee. Then a bit of leftovers set me off the following Monday, so I started eating and didn't stop until (sort-of) yesterday.

Today I'm on a meat and egg fast. Well, plus cream and coconut oil for my six cups of coffee. I'm counting up all the calories again, and trying to convince myself that I can deal with the 30 Day Shred for two weeks. Much as I hate it, I know it does work. And I'm really getting desperate.

I've been in the attic last week looking for clothes that fit. We'd a concert last night and I had to get out a size 12 to wear! When I was comfortably in a 4 this time last year that's just so depressing that I ate even more.

Iam, in a way I'm glad that I didn't get rid of ALL the fat clothes. I have three sizes in my closet (4/6/8) and when the biggest ones stopped fitting properly I refused to get out the others for a while. Eventually I had to stop wearing stretchy tracksuits and needed something that would fit - and at least the attic was free. Now with the holidays I can't fit into anything and I think at least having nice stuff from the attic will make me less depressed than wearing those tracksuits to Christmas events. I still won't feel good about myself and how I've failed this year (gained 50 pounds), but at least I won't look like a stuffed sausage in the photos. On the other hand, I think it's time to trawl through the things I stored up there and get rid of everything OVER a 12!

I've wondered about Tiggy as well. I look in the journal section now and then to see if she's posted, and really hope that she is well and happy wherever she is.

Last edited by cammie; 12-09-2012 at 11:21 PM..
Old 12-10-2012, 07:58 AM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammie View Post
I've spent the past two weeks face-down in FOOD. I was absolutely perfect through Thanksgiving weekend (even though we don't have Thanksgiving here, I did have to cook a big dinner for dh's family on the Saturday night where we set all the plans for the Christmas/New Year holidays). I ate nothing off plan, nothing over my calorie limits. I even had to go to a fundraiser on the previous Friday when I had NO calories left, but managed with 2 cups of black coffee. Then a bit of leftovers set me off the following Monday, so I started eating and didn't stop until (sort-of) yesterday.

Today I'm on a meat and egg fast. Well, plus cream and coconut oil for my six cups of coffee. I'm counting up all the calories again, and trying to convince myself that I can deal with the 30 Day Shred for two weeks. Much as I hate it, I know it does work. And I'm really getting desperate.

I've been in the attic last week looking for clothes that fit. We'd a concert last night and I had to get out a size 12 to wear! When I was comfortably in a 4 this time last year that's just so depressing that I ate even more.

Iam, in a way I'm glad that I didn't get rid of ALL the fat clothes. I have three sizes in my closet (4/6/8) and when the biggest ones stopped fitting properly I refused to get out the others for a while. Eventually I had to stop wearing stretchy tracksuits and needed something that would fit - and at least the attic was free. Now with the holidays I can't fit into anything and I think at least having nice stuff from the attic will make me less depressed than wearing those tracksuits to Christmas events. I still won't feel good about myself and how I've failed this year (gained 50 pounds), but at least I won't look like a stuffed sausage in the photos. On the other hand, I think it's time to trawl through the things I stored up there and get rid of everything OVER a 12!

I've wondered about Tiggy as well. I look in the journal section now and then to see if she's posted, and really hope that she is well and happy wherever she is.
For me getting rid of the clothes was a big step... I can understand why you kept some sizes! No harm in that.... mine were so old I could not stand looking at them any longer...

Have a Blessed Christmas Everyone.....
I WISH YOU ENOUGH!

"When we said 'I wish you enough' we were wanting the other person to have a life filled with just enough good things to sustain them".

"I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.

I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.

I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.

I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear much bigger.

I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.

I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.

I wish you enough hellos to get you through the final good-bye."
Old 12-10-2012, 09:44 PM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Don't feel bad Cammie- I just dug myself out from under a pile of Christmas cookies. I've been good with my workouts but have been eating (just about) everything in site. Starting tomorrow I'm back to tracking every calorie. I don't want a re-do of last year (I gained almost 20lbs and have been going up & down the last 10 all year) My clothes are fitting a bit looser though, so I think the workouts are helping.

IAM- I wish the same to you - I love the idea of "enough"
Old 12-17-2012, 12:39 AM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Lovely wishes Iam - I wish you enough too!

Kristyn, at least you kept the workouts going. I hope you had a good week!

It's been a decent one for me, exercise every day which is my weak point, and tracked every calorie staying under my limit. I've even given up the cream in my coffee - temporarily anyway. It seems to be one of those things I abuse.

I'm not back to where I was before this last binge but that will take time. I was reading yet another book on food addiction that says when you want to eat something you need to sit down and give yourself permission to have it once you've thought through the effect it will have. Apparently you often decide it isn't worth high insulin, painful joints, and other non-weight effects if you go back to eating as you used to. Sometimes you WILL choose to have the item anyway and that's fine as long as it stops right there. It sounds reasonable for a long-term help because sometimes I just WILL have these things. I need to stop it turning into days and then weeks.

However I'm not putting my scales away! I have been trying to convince myself that I'm in a much better position than I was two Christmases ago, and by the next one I can be back to either my original goal or a new one that I find easier to maintain.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:19 PM   #72
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
Merry Christmas to the Badgers!
kittycitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:34 AM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

UP ~ 8lbs since July!
But I know how to fix it...
Using my $$ to feed the kiddos til DS
Has his finances together~Jan will be the month for that.
Then I can start buying my personal food again...
Ahhhhhhh! Will be so good to be back on schedule!
Til then, just not stressing!
Have a Blessed Christmas everyone!
I wish you More than Enough!
Old 12-23-2012, 02:20 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Siggie
I have been MIA---but wanted to wish each of you Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas.
Siggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:28 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Happy Christmas to everyone! I'll be away next Monday so no weigh in until next year!
Old 12-25-2012, 04:33 AM   #76

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Oh Badgers, I know it has been a tough year here I sit fat and still up 20 pounds form my lowest, but come the New Year getting tough!!! Weight is always going to be a struggle for us as we have struggled our whole lives with it, but it comes and goes, I know when I am eating bad, pass the cookies, LOL

Enjoy this holiday eat what you want and we have a whole new year coming to turn it all around! Lets all get tough and think of a plan!

Merry Christmas girls!!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:02 AM   #77
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Key Tones
Stats: 312/227/??? 5/10"
Start Date: LC start 2005, have tried everything...
I'm in, Amber! I will have to bite the bullet, check damages, and make a great year in weight loss!!!

I look at it this way - I can get in a really big loss after gaining some. I think the eating ups metabolism and then you can have great a head start!
Key Tones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:02 AM   #78
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: freeman525
Stats: (241)201.8/197.5/141
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart 12/30/13
I've gained 14 pounds since the summer but have decided NOT to wait until Jan 1 to rededicate myself to having a healthy body. Weight is up from yesterday (started back with induction yesterday) but I'm hoping the weight gain is an an end as of today.

I plan to stick with induction for a little while and then try JUDDD or nutritional ketosis to keep me going. I am not going to get out the fat clothes again.

Janice
freeman525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:47 PM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

Merry Christmas Badgers!
I'm not worrying about food until after New Years (within reason) then my wisdom teeth come out so it will be protein shakes & sf yogurt for a few days to get me back into the swing of things
I wish you all a Happy New Year, and the hope that 2013 will be full of achievements and happiness.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:45 AM   #80
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Like your avatar, Mama.

Janice
Old 12-29-2012, 08:27 AM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks
Old 12-30-2012, 11:53 AM   #82

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
Happy New Year Badgers! New starts ahead!
kittycitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:37 AM   #83

so do we want another new thread for the new year? I will make one should we go back to the MOnday weigh ins? Or maybe Fridays? I think we need that! I have fallen so far off the horse I cant catch him, LOL Let me know what you guys want on the chart and we will go from there! I cant believe it has been a year of Badgers!
Old 12-31-2012, 07:04 AM   #84
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Amber, any day is good for me although I personally prefer a day other than Monday.

Thanks!
Janice
Old 12-31-2012, 08:03 AM   #85
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Key Tones
Stats: 312/227/??? 5/10"
Start Date: LC start 2005, have tried everything...
I will go for the weekly weigh-ins!

Friday sounds good to me (or Saturday mornings).
Key Tones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:40 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: drenfroe3418
Stats: 279/260/175
Start Date: July 2011 (Round 2)
I'm ready to catch that horse again too, Amber! I've been chasing him too long!

Friday's sound good to me to weigh in!
drenfroe3418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:12 AM   #87

OK girls this thread is closing, I started a new one!!!

2013-The Year of the Skinny Honey Badgers!

come on over and tell me you want in, I will add you to the spread sheet! Weigh in's will be Friday good or bad, I want lots of posting, we all have done this successfully we need to pull together and do it again, we have come too far to let it slip away! This is going to be our year of meeting goals and getting healthy and sexy!!!