Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 05:00 AM   #211
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Good morning! A quick check in before I get ready for work. I'm now just 2 hours earlier than those of you back East (Arizona doesn't change their clocks so you all bounce around us).

No movement on the scale, but it's fine. Well, time to shower and get going. I'll TTYL

Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2012, 02:13 PM   #212
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
hey marilee, you're not as far away from those of us on the east coast anymore...lol...

having a good day...skipped breakfast, had salad topped with chicken salad for lunch and baking haddock for dinner...

what's everyone eating today?
Old 11-05-2012, 03:46 PM   #213
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
it was pot luck today.

the office fridge lost power, and all the perishables had to be thrown out incl my mayo, and $5.00 sugar free hwc. As of this precise moment,I have consumed 22 WW points, and 23 net carb grams. I will probably have what i had last night, ribs and House Special Soup. FF
Old 11-05-2012, 05:51 PM   #214
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

excellent ff, as was my baked haddock tonight! :-) you are really doing amazingly well!

having lunch with a friend at a mexican restaurant tomorrow...looked up the menu and i will be having a salad topped with grilled chicken and unsweet tea...

hope everyone is having a great monday night!
Old 11-06-2012, 01:51 AM   #215
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Had another good day yesterday only eating what I had planned to eat for the day. May have a salad for lunch today with something with protein on it. Maybe tuna and mayo. I need to get busy and put something together in my lunch bag.

I did not lose any this morning but did not gain either. So I am happy with that. I know I won't see a loss every day and some days I will go up. But I am feeling more energetic and just feel better about being back in control of what I choose to eat. I am down about 3 pounds total since Thursday so that is pretty good.

Yesterday I had a small hamburger with lowcarb catsup, 4 slices of salami with a total of two oz of cream cheese rolled up in them, some pork rinds with sour cream dip, and my 3 cups of coffee with cream and 1 tbl of coconut oil in my first cup. I mix a little bit of ranch dip seasoning in the sour cream. Just enough for a little flavor. I also had one glass of diet vanilla cream soda.

Marilee, it was so strange driving to work yesterday because it has been pitch dark for awhile and yesterday it was already light out. I started to think, did I set my clock in the wrong direction. duh This whole setting back and setting foreward and gaining an hour and losing an hour is very confusing to my poor brain. lol

FF, so sorry about all the food that was lost. That hurts the pocket book alot! Ribs and soup sound very good!

Tony, mexican salad should be good and not too heavy going into surgery. I hope your nerves are calm today because mine aren't. lol Will try to check back in after work but if I don't manage to, you KNOW that you are really in my thoughts!!!

Better go get that lunch put together. Have a great Tuesday all!

Last edited by Abigale; 11-06-2012 at 01:54 AM..
Old 11-06-2012, 04:09 AM   #216

using the other fridge, it is smaller, and the whole office uses it...

but i need my mayo. i brought another jar from home. also, i have 2 cans of starkist water pack tuna and 1 hard boiled egg, which i will only eat chilled. i hate hot or tepid tuna and hard boiled egg. In general, I do not like room temp food. My food has to be cold or hot, not in between. This BLITZ started off with a bang. If anyone of us has a problem staying on plan, it does no good to hear about it afterward. If u anticipate trouble, let us know in advance, so we can redirect. I am doing everything in my power to make ME feel better, and I want us all to have significant progress by the end of this BLITZ. F-3 months 9 days to go-F
Old 11-06-2012, 05:15 AM   #217

just finished bkfst.

3 T cream cheese, 1/3 delicious apple, 1 hard boiled egg in halves incl 1/2 tsp mayo. I find I need less mayo that way, than when i make egg salad. but i make egg salad as well. so, that is 7 WW points & 7.6 net carb grams. My WW daily total is 59 points, and I allow myself no more than 40-50 net carb grams daily (which i have not yet reached). During the day, I have water, coffee, diet choc soda and diet ginger ale, and maybe 1 Swiss Miss diet hot choc (alas, no whipped cream yet). FF
Old 11-06-2012, 05:57 AM   #218
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abi, 3 lbs in 5 days is "pretty good?"...that is AWESOME!!!!!!...way to go, girl!!!

and thanks for the good thoughts, ab...i am feeling very calm and at peace - more so than i was last week with that storm coming!...i have had plenty of time to come to grips with what is going to happen, have prepared myself physically as much as possible, and believe i have some of the best docs in the world working on me...and i find strength in the courage i have watched others face much more dangerous medical challenges...

i know some things could go wrong, but i'm not worried about that...the worst fear i have right now is the long-term effects of the radiation i will have before surgery...

the thing that may be making me feel best is the fact that over my 53 years, my body has been very good to me, always recovered well from any illness, etc...i think it will heal faster than they think and that my stubborness will be an asset in this case :-)

ff, i am so happy you are in such a good place!...i know you are on a plan and a path to your goal...and i owe you a debt of gratitude dude...if it weren't for you starting these blitzes 2 1/2 years ago, and for the consistent encouragement of you and abi and marilee and vicki and jenny and kbeth and so many other awesome people over that time, i KNOW i would not be as physically healthy as i am now and would be at much higher risk going into this surgery, so THANK YOU EVERYONE!...

looking forward to a good last day with my old hip - i am a bit nostalgic about it - i am a silly man!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185

Last edited by tony8; 11-06-2012 at 06:00 AM..
Old 11-06-2012, 06:27 AM   #219
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Congratulations on the loss, Abi. You look like you are in control of what you are eating and are on track.

ff, I hate it when I have to throw out food. I tend to be pretty frugal and don't like to waste.

Tony, you are in our thoughts and prayers and are confident that everything will be fine - there will be no ill effects from the radiation and your new hip will heal completely 100%!!!!

Hi Jen - if you are lurking - how are you doing on HCG? I know it's tough for the first week. Hang in there. I'm glad you broke your stall.

TTYL!

Marilee
Old 11-06-2012, 07:37 AM   #220

fridge cleaned out. lc bread is gone.

well, i have the apple today, so i was going breadless. gonna have to make another trip to THE BAKERY. I am also gonna order some KARBKRUNCHER BAGELS (6-7 net carbs per bagel). With any luck, I should have them by TG. FF
Old 11-06-2012, 10:39 AM   #221

carbiest day so far...

incl lunch. which i am still consuming, i shall have consumed 32.7 net carb grams which we shall round up to 33 net carb grams. I shall have consumed 22 WW points.For dinner, I need to have something filling, w/o adding too many carbs. so, i will get a roast chicken dinner to be delivered from the diner with a cup of noodle free chicken soup. i will save all the veggies except 2 grams worth for another time. I do not really have the courage to go beyond 35 grams.Not yet! Miraculously, i still have quite a lot of the lc stuff I got at the bakery last Sat. I bought 1/4 lbs of lc sesame cookies, and 2 lc muffins. I have 1 muffin still, and more than 1/2 of the cookies. None tonight though. FF
Old 11-06-2012, 04:15 PM   #222
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, knowing you are feeling calm makes us calmer too! You are so funny being nostalgic for your old hip on its last day. Hurry back now, you hear!
Old 11-06-2012, 04:20 PM   #223
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, knowing you are calm makes us feel more calm. You are so funny being nostalgic for your old hip. Just think how you will be able to move with the brand new one!

Hurry back now, you hear!
Old 11-06-2012, 05:11 PM   #224
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey guys,
thanks for the support and encouragement...you are all an important part of my daily life and i am so grateful for your friendship...i mean it when i say that our relationships have greatly enriched my life...

i am going into this in a great frame of mind and determined to get back as soon as possible...tomorrow will be a crazy day...if all goes well, i will probably not get to a regular room until late at night...i don't know what kind of access i will have to communication and the internet over the next few days, so don't worry if you don't hear from me...i will make every effort to get on here as soon as i can to let you know how i made out...

while i'm gone, i hope you all stay on the awesome positive tracks you are on - DO IT FOR ME! :-) we are all going to rock this blitz...this may be the first time we are all doing well at the same time - let's keep it going! :-)

i love you guys and will talk to you soon!...

Last edited by tony8; 11-06-2012 at 05:13 PM..
Old 11-07-2012, 01:17 AM   #225
Major LCF Poster!

Ok gang, let's keep on the right track for Tony!
Old 11-07-2012, 01:26 AM   #226
Major LCF Poster!

Had a good day yesterday. Was up afew oz but no big deal. I know if I eat those pork rinds the salt will make my weight fluctuate from the salt. But if they keep me from getting into the carby stuff I will keep eating them. As FF says, you have to pick the foods that keep you satisfied and on plan to make this way of eating work in the long run.

Yesterday I had of course some pork rinds with sour cream dip, 4 slices of salami with cream cheese rolled up in them, some pot roast with one small carrot and a small cooked onion, and a salad with blue cheese dressing. Drank my coffee with cream and 1Tbl of coconut oil in one cup and 2 glasses of diet soda.

They hired two temps and one new employee to take the place of a seasonal person that quit last week. Since they didn't hire me to take that person's place I think it is pretty clear I am not going to get hired. I like working here so will keep on until things slow down and they let me go.

Hope you all have a great day and Tony, if you check in before you head off to Boston

Last edited by Abigale; 11-07-2012 at 01:28 AM..
Old 11-07-2012, 12:59 PM   #227
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
I kind of went through a low for a couple of weeks now. I decided to start looking for other employment. I feel as though a weight has been lifted since I made this decision. I also started using some essential oils that were recommended and upping my D3. I am hoping this will help me with the doldrums and get me back on path to eating healthy and treating myself better.

I hope all goes well for Tony.

Gibby, I like the avatar.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:07 PM   #228

under the weather today, in every sense of the word.

also, running low on latinum. if i cannot get to the bank tomorrow, i will be in deep doodoo. No, i do not have an atm card. i do not trust them. bank is only open late on Thurs till 6.pm. the busses cannot get me there on time. So, i must depend on car service, which depends on gasloline, which is in very short supply around here. The current nor'easter is not making things easier. Staying on plan, nevertheless. Going off plan will certainly not improve things. I am sure Tony will be up and about in no time. FF
Old 11-07-2012, 07:18 PM   #229
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jfinchster
Hi everyone,
It sounds like people are doing well--great job on the big losses FF--thanks for asking after me Gibby.
HCG is going well, I'm into the 10th day now and am 7lbs under my "stuck" point, so I'm feeling good about that. It's a pretty crazy diet, I don't understand all the reasons for the strict rules but just following it the best I can..

Can't wait to hear from Tony that things went well, but I imagine it will be a while.

Hang in there everyone!
Old 11-08-2012, 01:32 AM   #230
Major LCF Poster!

Well, this is day one of Tony's road to recovery. Know these first few weeks will be rough. Tony, we are thinking of you every day and wishing you a very speedy healing.

FF, hope you were able to get to the bank. No latinum is not good! I thought we would wake up to snow this morning but nothing yet. Very cold and windy though.

Marilee, my loss is stalled for the moment. Still just 3 pounds down. I am still in ketosis so I know my body is "burning" my fat stores for fuel so not discouraged. How is your mf going?

Vicki, sorry you have been in the doldrums and hope you can find employment that you like. You have alot of qualifications so shouldn't have a very hard time. Wishing you luck!

Jenny, it is terrific that the hcg is working so well for you. 7 pounds under your stall is fantasic. Wouldn't it be great when Tony checks back in if we are all sticking with our own personal woe and having success with them? He will be so proud of all of us Blitzers.

Yesterday I had a couple of small salads with blue cheese dressing, some pot roast with a small carrot and onion, pork rinds, pepperoni slices and some cream cheese. Also coffee with hwc and one tablespoon of coconut oil.

Hope you all have a great Thursday!
Old 11-08-2012, 04:00 AM   #231

yes, let us all keep with our plans.

I made it to work this a.m. the tricky part will be getting to the bank, after work. an even trickier part is getting home after the bank. I was off my feet all day yesterday, but they are not ready for a 2 mile hike back home. FF
Old 11-08-2012, 06:39 AM   #232
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning! Lots of thoughts going out to Tony. I hope his recuperation goes quickly.

I'm struggling with my eating and that's all I'm going to say about that

Vicki, we need to get caught up. Maybe we can talk this weekend.

Jen, there are reasons for the strict rules. Have you read Dr. S's protocol? It explains things pretty well.

Abi, you are doing great! Yep, your body is burning up that fat so you will see a loss before too long.

ff, I'm sorry you are under the weather in all areas. Hang tough! Has this latest storm affected you in any way?

Take care everyone. I'll TTYL
Old 11-08-2012, 07:35 AM   #233

it sounds worse in writing.

in all the important ways, i am fortunate. i never lost power. i was not flooded. my ceiling did not leak. my windows did not break owing to the high winds. but, in this, YOUR 21st century AD, that I have no idea if or how i will get to work each day, or any other important destination, is most intolerable. I would have fared better if i took a ride on a Pakled ship. they are most UNtechnological, but they are like us Ferenghi, in that they "appropriate" the technology of others. I just consumed 1/2 of 1/2 cup of chicken salad. I therew out the remainder. They put something in it which was very unsettling to my taste buds. But, as i had nothing yesterday, i needed to have just a little something for the sake of my blood glucose level. Why can't they leave well enough alone? I sang the praises of our institution's chicken salad to anyone who would listen. By the gods, if something works, DON'T FIX IT!!! F-3 months 7 days to go-F
Old 11-08-2012, 07:40 AM   #234

Gibby...that is what this Blitz is all about.

Please discuss it, either with us, or in the private section of LCF. If we are to persist in our long term plans to our desired weight, we must minimize our difficulties on a day to day basis. When I find myself in difficulty, I reason it out and take appropriate steps to eliminate or minimize the problem.My solutions vary depending upon the nature of my difficulty. For me, it is not just the weight loss issue, but the diabetes issue as well. I cannot afford self sabotage at this juncture. FF
Old 11-08-2012, 08:23 AM   #235
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, ff.

I've been craving carbs like crazy! It was so bad the other night I just couldn't fight them off anymore and drove to the store at 8PM and bought some Bertolli's pasta and ate the whole package!!!!! It has now started a carb cycle and I need to break it somehow.

I'm back on plan today and am reaffirming all of my reasons for wanting and needing to lose this weight. Hopefully, my mind will line up with this.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:42 AM   #236

fat is where it's at, Gibby.

Get yourself some bacon cheeseburgers (no bun)with some mayo and lc ketchup or any really fatty zero to low carb food. Also, when you feel the time is right, get some Dreamfields pasta.Make sure you follow the directions on the package. If you overcook it, you lose the low carb advantage. AL DENTE...SEMPRE AL DENTE(to the tooth, always to the tooth) if your local area does not have it, i am sure you will be able to get it online via NETRITION. what is NOT available online these days? That will stop it in its tracks. I am pretty much able to have my PROVERBIAL cake and eat it too. Right now I am enjoying a nice salad incl 1 5 oz can of Starkist solid white in water. Tonight, I believe it will be bacon cheeseburger time for me as well. on 2 slices lc toast. I will have enough WW points for at least 2 of them BUT... that would not be PORTION CONTROL. so, i will get broth, a nice salad or veggie, and limit it to 1. The fiber will help me out. FF
Old 11-08-2012, 01:08 PM   #237
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

well, well,well...guess who is lying in his hospital bed, one day post-surgery, posting a note to his dear friends??? :-) just a quick note so you won't worry...

hey guys!!!!!!

i made it...the surgery went well - the surgeon was "very pleased"...he said it was tough, and i will have a long, slow recovery, but he thought it would be fine in the long run...

i feel pretty good...the pt got me up and i walked around the floor twice today and they want me up one more time tonight...my doc wants to take it slower...no idea when i will get out...

it's gonna be a long process, but i'm on the road back...my doc is not even letting me drink water yet - he is really conservative...so, i haven't eaten in about 45 hours - not even a glass of water...

ok, a bit tired and i'm gonna rest...marilee, the pasta incident is history...if your plan stops working, try something else...you are awesome, girl and can do this!

love y'all...talk soon...

Last edited by tony8; 11-08-2012 at 01:09 PM..
Old 11-08-2012, 02:09 PM   #238
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jfinchster
Yeah Tony!

I'm so glad things went well--you will feel so much better having this behind you, thank you for checking in with us!

Gibby, I've read the protocol but it doesn't really explain why you can't have certain low carb vegetables (like brocolli, green beans, etc.) only saying it just it doesn't work if you deviate... I'm about halfway through right now but am considering going for an extra week (4 weeks) We'll see how I feel, still losing really well, but loses can slow down I've heard toward the end. How much did you lose Gibby and in how long if you don't mind me asking? I wasn't able to keep off what I lost last time but I did keep it off for quite a while...I figure if I keep trying I'm going to get it right one of these times!

Keep on plan everyone--your body thanks you!
Old 11-08-2012, 02:30 PM   #239
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Tony! I'm so glad everything went well. We were all rooting for you!

Jen, to be honest, I don't remember how much I lost - I think around 45 pounds. But of course, it all came back - my fault. I'm going to PM you a plan that is HCG but allows you more options. I got in trouble before by posting it on a thread so I have to PM you.

ff-I can't have very much fat on MF.

Oh, well, onward and upward.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:32 PM   #240

perhaps,Gibby, MF is not really meeting your needs

i am a creature of ritual. The idea of deviating from Induction level carbs was heinous to me. However, I realized that although there is nothing harmful with Induction per se, I was too prone to temptation. When I started lusting after salads and veggies (beyond the 20 grams), I knew I had to make a change, after several years of INDUCTION(when i was staying on plan, that is). Part 1 was to add carbs to allow more salad and veggies(and SOME fruit), and to begin practicing portion control. Eating 2500 to 3000 calories a day would not work with the extra carbs. Rethink your current plan, and, if you still wish to continue, perhaps the doctor who put you on this plan would have some practical suggestions. All my best wishes for your success. Right now, I am waiting till about 8 pm before I begin my dinner. I still am not hungry yet. FF
Closed Thread