Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2012, 04:32 AM   #151
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
i was going over my WW(& lc )tracker

for the week thus far. I have been as accurate in tracking as is carbon unit-ically possible. Never have i eaten so nutritiously, yet never hungry...to the point where i was tempted to eat beyond the paramenters WW or I set for myself. Yet the #s are way below my limits. I never approached the 60 points, or anywhere near it. as far as the carb grams go,only 2 days I was above 20 (25 & 36 respectively; the 36 was the fruit day. Of course, i couold have had more...but why force myself. I remembered to bring the 1/3 of the chef salad. There is my lunch. I hope they have the fruit/cottage cheese combo. Delicious for breakfast. Tomorrow, i shall wake up very early to get to the boardwalk. I cannot stay there long, as I have some errands to do. I DO hope hurricane Sandy will have mercy on us here in the north. I am off Monday, but I do not wish to stay home 2 days in a row. About yesterday's polemic on crime...I said what I meant. Too many innocent people are die-ing unavenged, and the crimes are becoming more sadistic all the time. I hope we all have a great weekend, and continue to make this the best Blitz to date. Regardless of what the scale says, or will say, i have really made important changes. FF

Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2012, 07:42 AM   #152
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Happy Friday!

Not much to report. I heard about the "Frankenstorm" that is going to hit the Northeast unless it peters out before then. ff, hold on to your hat!!!

Tony, you guys are so fortunate that your plumbing is different from us gals.

Hi Abi!

Take care everyone. I'll touch base later one.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:25 AM   #153

i really enjoyed my food today.

i divided a delicious apple into 3 portions, to be enjoyed throughout the day with a fat and protein. 1/3 left, which i shall enjoy when i get home, with a slice or 2 of muenster cheese. I think i will have some roast chicken to augment the remaining 3 ribs. I am so looking forward to cook again. It is still too warm inside and outside. I also have a box of lc pancake mix I want to try some cold Sat or Sunday. this is the 1st apple I have tasted in years. Even in my off-plan periods, i bypassed the fruit aisle, and went right to the "fun" stuff. Will it really keep the doctor away? time will tell. FF
Old 10-26-2012, 03:41 PM   #154
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
OK, I am back. Been on track for the most part since Monday. I didn't weigh on Monday but last weight was 245. I am making roast chicken with egg stuffing, cream of mushroom soup, a cheese ball, and butternut squash. Not all for supper but for the weekend. I know the squash isn't exactly low carb, but oh well. Oh, and we are going to have asian slaw.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:14 PM   #155
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
VICKI!!!!!!!!!...welcome baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! ...so good to see you and happy you have found your mojo...we don't knock healthy carbs here - lots of vitamins in squash...it's junk carbs and frankenfoods that kill us...i think you're ready to do GREAT!...

marilee, we do have a bit of a plumbing advantage, don't we?...please send some western wind to blow this storm further out to sea, will ya?...

thanks, abs...i appreciate the good thoughts...hope you had a good night tonight :-)

i had a good day today - took my youngest son to take his written test for his license and he passed, and monday we will go for his driving test, weather permitting...then my three sons and i saw a movie - seven psychopaths, which was interesting...and then we hit the chinese buffet - had two reasonable plates of LC choices...i had breakfast at cracker barrell this morning - 2 eggs, pork chop, 1 slice wheat toast...that was my total food intake for the day which was reasonable...

i plan to chug water tomorrow to flush and hydrate...i have not weighed in a few weeks and don't plan to until sometime after surgery...i know i am lighter than i was at last weigh-in, but i don't know how much and i don't want my weight to affect my frame of mind going into surgery...i can tell i am thinner...

since i stopped taking aspirin last saturday, i have taken a total of 2 tylenol in the last 6 days...i'm in a bit more pain, but i am too stubborn to give in and fill myself with more chemicals than i absolutely need...

abi, i hope to have an ipad to borrow at some point in the hospital and if i have wifi, i will post :-)

nitey nite, kids...

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185

Last edited by tony8; 10-26-2012 at 07:15 PM..
Old 10-26-2012, 08:43 PM   #156
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jfinchster
Sounds like everyone is doing well--I've been staying on track but weight hasn't budged for over couple weeks now. I'm going to start HCG on Monday. It's a strict program but I think of it as like a cleansing/detox type diet and it does work for me. I will only do it for 3 weeks. I'm pretty darn sure it will break this stall! Hope everyone has a good weekend!
Old 10-27-2012, 01:11 AM   #157
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
oops, double post

Last edited by Abigale; 10-27-2012 at 01:20 AM..
Old 10-27-2012, 01:19 AM   #158
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki, all I can say is So glad to have you back!

Jenny, hoping the hcg breaks that stall!

Marilee, are you still thinking of visiting oa over the weekend? Let us know how that goes.

Tony, glad you will try to contact us as soon as possible!

FF, super you are eating so nutritionally and not feeling hungry. Now I don't feel that hungry but still keep eating.

FF, sure am hoping your life does not get too complicated from the hurricane. What are the chances of losing power where you are? Do you have to take an elevator to get to your apartment? Stay safe!

Will check back in later to see what you are all up to today. I plan to go over to the house and rake leaves. Have a great Saturday!
Old 10-27-2012, 06:29 AM   #159
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey jenny, happy to hear you are doing well - 3 weeks of hcg will most definitely break the stall and it sounds like you are feeling the necessary level of motivation to do it...good luck!

abs, when you rake the leaves, don't you just wanna jump in them like we did when we were kids?...i know i do!

feeling good and strong...no food plans today, but i will start eating lighter, higher protein meals from sunday til monday night...so, today is the last day i can consider a bigger meal - my appetite has been waning as the week has progressed :-)

hope everyone has a great day!...

Last edited by tony8; 10-27-2012 at 06:30 AM..
Old 10-27-2012, 08:46 AM   #160

i am going to rent some leaves, so i can stomp around in them, too!

Last year, Irene spared my neighborhood, except for 1 tree, and that there was nowhere I could go for a cup of coffee. There are no power lines above ground in my area, but that might not mean anything. Sandy will certainly put my roof to the test. I am so glad Vicki is back, and we are all conscious of our intake. Tomorrow is weigh-in day. No expectations. I am happy with my performance and developing discipline. That should be reward enough. FF
Old 10-27-2012, 10:33 AM   #161
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, there WILL be a loss - i have no doubt, but it is good not to have expectations - they only set you up for disappointment...if you are eating properly, the rest will take care of itself!...

it is nice to know i am losing some weight, but not being obsessed about exactly how much...i will start weighing again as soon after surgery as i am back to "normal" and able to stand on the scale...for me, weighing provides accountability and is an important part of my plans - but i won't let the scale shoot me down, and will skip weigh-ins temporarily when necessary...

i am hoping to be in the low 210s by the next weigh-in, whenever that is... and to have a shot at 1derland by the end of the year/blitz...that would make me so, so happy!...i would then have a realistic shot at reaching my goal weight by next summer...

i will have an added incentive now to get to goal, as i do not want to put extra strain on my prosthesis and contribute to it wearing out early...also, when i flew back from nashville last week, i was thinking that it was the last flight i will ever take without setting the metal detector off...hahaha!

hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 10-27-2012, 11:17 AM   #162

Yes, you reminded me, Tony...

Dr. Akhtar told me that my knee will set off the metal detectors. So be prepared to be arrested for treason at the airport. Gonna finish off my 3 ribs. That should tide me over till dinner. I have not had ROAST CHICKEN for some time. So, barring the unforeseen, that will be my choice. FF
Old 10-27-2012, 11:55 AM   #163
Major LCF Poster!

Well, I am pooped. It took me 4 1/2 hours to get the leaves up. The lawn had not been raked at all so I would make big piles, rake them onto the tarp and drag it around to the bank to dump them. Well between me and Mom's neighbor dumping hers the edge of the bank was built up like a fortress. Hope the wind from the hurricane doesn't blow them all back on the lawn. lol Tony, I was thinking more of two of my grandaughters jumping in them when they were little but it certainly did bring back memories. Somewhere we have the cutes pictures of them.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:55 PM   #164
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for the warm rewelcome all.

Tony, surgery Tuesday? i hope all goes well.

ff, love apples in the fall.

Unfortunately some of the food I made didn't turn out too well. I have had better days. Oh well.

Abi, i raked leaves earlier this week but not as long as you did.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:12 AM   #165
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki, don't you hate it when you take all that time to prepare and cook something and it doesn't turn out the way you want it to? I hate to waste the time and money. But every now and then I hit on a good recipe so the experimentation pays off.

I have recovered from the raking this morning. Hearing alot of creepy noises in the woods this morning when I took Bama out. Just acorns falling off the trees probably but we stayed close to house and the back door. She didn't growl or bark so just my over active imagination. lol

Trying to get back into ketosis again by keeping carbs under 20.

Tony, I'm sure the anticipation of your surgery has your appetite on the wane this week. You always seem to have a good grip on it. I envy you that! I just know you will be in the 210's next time you weigh.

So FF, are you going to roast a chicken? I have been seeing people talking about how they butterfly their chickens to get it to all cook evenly. They even posted a video showing how easy it is to do it with good cooking shears. May have to try that sometime.

Will check back in later. Tony, no cc for breakfast now until spring. Don't know where we will end up today. Maybe royal diner in west bratt or raynettes in hinsdale?

Have a great Sunday Blitzers!
Old 10-28-2012, 03:49 AM   #166
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

foolish me!...i actually thought i had a shot at beating you here this morning, abs...halloween is only a few days away and i bet those were goblins in the woods!...ooooooo....haha!

ff, i am so proud of you for what you are doing!...can't wait to hear the weigh-in results...do you know what kind of prosthesis you have - the brand or whether it is plastic on metal, etc?

vicki, today is a new day and you'll have a better one! :-)

nothing new to report - i had some calzone filling last night - steak and cheeseburger...it was good...gonna eat mostly protein and healthy veggies today and tomorrow and LOTS of water...

hope everyone has a great sunday!...

abi, make sure to fill me in on where and what you had for breakfast - i live for your sunday mornings!
Old 10-28-2012, 07:14 AM   #167

weighed in this a.m.

from 342.2 to 337.0 What a wonderful beginning. Instead of 60 daily points, I am down to 59 daily points. Can u see the tear dripping down 1 eye? Well, I am prepared as possible for Sandy. I have batteries, candles, food, and drink. I really hope we do not lose power. LCF really helps to get through the day.To those of us in the affected area, GOOD LUCK! FF
Old 10-28-2012, 08:11 AM   #168
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WOW!!!!!...ff, that is AWESOME!!!...5.2 lbs. if 1 week!...you earned it, bro!...

remember, your new, lighter body doesn't need as much food...we tend to forget that as we lose weight...i've done it myself - where i am losing weight and then i start eating more as if i was depriving my body of its necessary calories rather than accepting that my thinner body doesn't need as much food...ff, you and marilee are our blitz XI leaders!...

good start to my day:
b: 4 oz. salmon and 24 oz of water
Old 10-28-2012, 09:30 AM   #169

even in my newly developed discipline, Tony...

no way I would be content with 4 oz of anything. I will be making a meatloaf this evening. That will be a real test for me. When it cools, I will slice it, and put each portion in a sandwich bag. Pre-cooking weight is 3 lbs. Of course, all I have to weigh is each portion just before I eat it. I also got 6 nice pork chops to alternate. I do not have any veggies in the house. I have someone here from the building staff to help me cleaning those areas that I cannot get to at this juncture. I will call the chinese take-out later to get enough stir-fried chinese veggies to last me through the hurricane. As for the chicken, Abi, when I do a whole chicken, I do it on my Ronco (just set it and forget it!)It comes out perfect. The pre-cooked bbq chickens at SHOPRITE have brown sugar on them. When I casn get outside again, I will buy 1 or 2. I have not had them in a while. FF
Old 10-28-2012, 10:58 AM   #170
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, it's 1/4 lb. and if i drink a large glass of water before and a large glass after and then wait 20 minutes before eating anything else, i feel quite full...from looking at your menu, you seem to eat quite a few meals of no more than that...there's not much meat on a rib, for instance :-)

drinking a lot of water today...i want to be well-hydrated...
Old 10-28-2012, 11:36 AM   #171
Blabbermouth!!!

Congrats ff, KUTGW
Old 10-28-2012, 11:49 PM   #172
Major LCF Poster!

FF, where is Luciano when you need him. After my post yesterday I couldn't get on my computer all day until just afew minutes ago. Not sure if is my poor machine or comcast. My computer makes funny ticking sounds so think it is on its last legs. If you all stop hearing from me you will know something happened to my computer and not me.(I hope anyways -lol)

FF, stay safe!

Tony, we ate at the chelsea royal diner in west bratt. Two scrambled eggs and bacon. lol

Last edited by Abigale; 10-28-2012 at 11:50 PM..
Old 10-29-2012, 07:47 AM   #173
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning.

How are you folks in the East doing?

Tony, it's pretty rough having to go in for surgery and this big storm coming your way. When do you check in to the hospital?

Not much to report. Holding my own.

Didn't make it to the OA meeting. I had called the leader on Friday to confirm that there was still a meeting on Sunday and never heard back so I didn't want to drive all the way out there for nothing.

Last night she called to tell me she had been out of town and was sorry I missed her call. I'll call her today to see what else is going on.

Take care!

Marilee
Old 10-30-2012, 02:11 AM   #174
Major LCF Poster!

They closed yesterday at the candle factory but as far as I know we are working today. Everything so far has been pretty quiet here. We have power and every now and then a rain and wind band goes through. We are VERY fortunate. Have not looked at news today to see how New Jersey, New York etc. are doing. FF, sure hope you have power. Let us know as soon as possible how you are!

Marilee, sorry you didn't hear back from the oa leader as to whether there was going to be a meeting on Sunday. Hopefully you can get set up for this weekend if you want.

I have pork rinds and cream cheese packed for lunch today. Thought about making tuna salad and then was not in the mood for that fishy smell.

Hope everyone is fine and you all check in today if possible. Tony, my niece in Durham says most of the town is without power there. How is your place?

Have a great day all!
Old 10-30-2012, 04:57 PM   #175
Blabbermouth!!!

Exhausted tonight. Been awake since 0230. Feet hurt too. Contemplating a job change. Or an attitude adjustment LOL.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:07 AM   #176
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry Vicki. Hope today is a better day and that you got plenty of sleep last night. Sometimes that is all it takes to adjust the attitude. lol

Thinking that FF and Tony do not have power. Hope all is well with them and we hear from them soon.

Marilee, how are you doing?

I dug out my copy of Atkin's New Diet Revolution book trying to get some inspiration back. It is sooo hard to get back to sticking with lc totally. Have not had such a hard time in several years.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 10-31-2012, 04:31 AM   #177

i survived SANDY!!!

i DID have to spend 2 days on a raft with Gilbert Gottfried, but he IS a funny guy. Much of his material I can not repeat on this site. I DID stay on plan both WW wise and lc wise. I cannot ask much more than that. I decided i am gonna minimize the TG cooking even more. apart from the turkey breast, I am gonna pay a visit to my fave salad bar (Knapp St off the Belt Pkwy) for those of you who may know Bklyn. I will be getting a lot of salad and veggies. They also have wonderful hot food, incl these wonderful ribs. What i do is put them in paper towels to remove the bbq sauce. In the portion size that I eat them, what bbq sauce is left is neglible. However I add a few grams to the count, just to be safe. I intend TG to be totally without stress of any kind. Also, except for the possiblilty of hurricane or blizzard, i do not want to spend too much time in the house either. F-BOO!-F
Old 10-31-2012, 10:08 AM   #178
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy halloween!

ff-so happy to hear from you! I was thinking about you a lot. Stuck on a raft with Gilber? Holy cow! I like him, but his voice is very grating. Does he sound like that in real life or is that is "character" voice?

Sure thinking a lot about Tony. I guess they went ahead with his surgery, but I don't know. I wouldn't be surprised if they postponed it due to Sandy.

Vicki, I'm sorry things are rough right now. Hang in there!

I'm ok. Not much to report. The scale is starting to move down - slowly!

I'll catch you all later.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:01 AM   #179

i finally got him to shut up....

but i had to promise to buy some AFFLAC insurance. Of course, i am a Ferenghi, so i am not obligated to fulfill promises. F -3 months & 15 days to go-F
Old 10-31-2012, 11:04 AM   #180
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatferenghi View Post
F -3 months & 15 days to go-F

I'm so envious!!!!
Closed Thread