Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2012, 05:45 AM   #121
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Marilee, can't answer the hypnosis question as I don't know anyone who has tried it. Great earthquake story!

FF, I don't like clutter either but once it gets put in a closet or cupboard and is out of sight I have a hard time getting it sorted out and thrown out which is what is really needed! Glad you are going to show your earth brother he is wrong on the ww and lc working together to get good results. We know you will win out on this bet.

Tony, glad your studio sessions came out the way you wanted them to interpret your songs. Hope some big artist picks them up and makes you famous. It would be great to listen to them on the radio. Good story about the lady from Keene singing your song and you driving close enough to hear it on the radio.

Yes, I am taking my veeta vita veggimans! Plus getting off the carbs is giving me more energy. I have to keep up with these 20 years old and since they eat carbs all day it helps to even the playing field.

I made a tasty soup last night which will last for a couple of days. It was mainly ground beef, beef stock, ro-tel original tomatoes with green chilies, cream cheese, cumin, garlic and chili powder. Spicy but delicious. It's one of Linda Sues low carb recipes which she credits to Cheri. "Cheri's Creamy Southwestern Taco Soup"
CREAMY SOUTHWESTERN TACO SOUP - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes

Going to some friends of Mom's wedding anniversay celebration this afternoon at the school hall across from the church. 70 years married! My brother asked Bob last week, were you married when you were 10? Bob said no, 11! lol

Hope you all have a great Saturday. Cleaning ahead for me!

Last edited by Abigale; 10-20-2012 at 05:52 AM..

Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2012, 02:29 PM   #122
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
did SOME of what i intended to do.

i did not make it to the boardwalk. i did SOME walking today. i got TWO 5 guys burgers, but took them home. i had 1 for lunch, and saving the other one for dinner, using my own lc toast and lc ketchup. discipline tastes better. Dittos for Tony's music. When u hit the top of the charts, Tony, let them know that your success is partly due to lower carb/healthy eating.
When i connect my new cd player to my receiver, after my later afternoon nap, it will be interesting to see (using the same cd)which is the more enjoyable listening experience: the living room cd player or the computer. I am looking forward to tomorrow's WW reconnection. FF
Old 10-21-2012, 03:51 AM   #123
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

FF, sounds like you are having a great weekend. Glad you finally got to 5 guys. Which machine did you get the better sound with?

I had a good day until about 5 and then got into the carbs big time. Back to healthy eating today. We will have several more at the cc this morning for breakfast besides my brother and sister in law. A friend from Cape Cod and her sister in law are coming by after spending the night with older sister up in Canaan, NH. Younger sister is driving down from Walpole to join us. I am really looking forward to it. Tony, I will be having my 3 scrambled eggs just so you are not in too much suspence! lol

Have a wonderful Sunday Blitzers!
Old 10-21-2012, 09:49 AM   #124

i shall be connecting within the hour.

i suspect the listening experience will be better in the living room, as the speakers are circum-aural, and it is a larger room, even though the frequency range falls off below 43hz. Well, I did it. I am now officially a WW. Also, I weigh considerably less than I thought. With my shoes on, I weighed in at 342.2 lbs. Also, my daily total is 60 points. That's a lot of food. Of, course, as the weight comes down, so does the daily points. However, there are also the 49 OPTIONAL points to use as we need them. I think...I KNOW it will work. I keep 2 columns on my tracker, one for carbs, and one for points. I am making a game of it. I had no breakfast yet today. I am ordering a large chef salad...AND I will divide it into 2 meals. Everyone, enjoy what is left of the weekend. F-3 month & 25 days to go-F
Old 10-21-2012, 12:20 PM   #125
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/218.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
ff, i am so happy you re-joined ww...i know that ww, combined with your LC woe is gonna deliver you to your goal...i am also so happy that you have less than 50 lbs. to get to twodorland!...you're gonna be there in no time!!!...the fect that you have taken this step is gonna make me feel more peaceful as they put me under anesthesia next week - THANK YOU!...

abs, thanks for telling me about the three scrambled eggs!...not knowing, would have driven me nuts all afternoon!...

got back from nash yesterday afternoon, uneventfully, except that i sat next to kitty wells' great-granddaughter on the flight - if you don't know who kitty wells' is, google her...very nice girl with a baby...

i am doing great - discontinued the aspirin, as directed, yesterday and did both exercise regimens this morning - so far my pain is not too bad...i can take tylenol, but only plan to do that if i really can't move...i may even use crutches first - i want to have as few chemicals in my body as possible before they start pumping me full of them...

haven't eaten yet today, but i am about to run out and get a few things ay the market - abi, i may try to make that soup - thanks for sharing!...

love you guys and hope you are all having a great day!...

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 10-21-2012, 02:47 PM   #126
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

made the soup...it is simmering now...had a taste and it is good!... :-)
Old 10-21-2012, 03:48 PM   #127

Tony, i just realized that Oct is 2/3 over.

I remember, I had to STOP taking my vitamins before surgery. I do not know why, but orders are orders. For the 1st time since I do not know when, it is cold in here...and I am LOVIN; it! Soon, I shall heat up some coffee, I got before. Then, some more housework (sigh). I had a large chef salad for lunch. I had planned to divide it into 2 meals, but I wound up eating it at one sitting. That was about 1 PM. I am still not hungry, nor do I expect that I will be for the rest of the day. The living room cd experience IS in fact the better experience. There was plenty of bass. I will most certainly need to get a stereo component rack. I had to lie down, and contort myself to get everything connected. Also the remote does not put the power on, or open the cd drawer. It was quite a workout getting it done, and squirming my way back up off the floor. FF
Old 10-21-2012, 09:06 PM   #128
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, sounds like you got a good workout hooking that stuff up...happy it sounds good...are neighbors pretty tolerant of things like a loud bass?...hope so :-)

the soup was delicious - thanks for the recipe abi...i went back to the pot a few times - overall, i probably ate the equivalent of one large bowl...i allowed myself some bread today - planned - and made the most delicious sandwich for dinner - got nice ciabatta rolls at the bakery - reasonable small - and cut them open, dipped them in evoo, garlic and parsley and stuck them in the oven at 450 for about 5 mins, then opened the oven and stacked the goodies on the roll - fresh-sliced mozzarella, roasted red peppers (which i cooked earlier in the day), fresh basil and fresh sliced tomato...then baked it at 450 until the cheese started melting...wow!...what a messy, delicious sandwich...the roll wasn't LC but it was small-ish and the sandwich was very healthy and that and the soup is all i ate all day...

drank a lot of water today too...

hope everyone had a great day!

Last edited by tony8; 10-21-2012 at 09:08 PM..
Old 10-22-2012, 02:23 AM   #129
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tony, I love ciabatta bread and can just imagine it with garlic and olive oil on it. Your sandwich sounded wonderful and glad you liked the soup. It makes alot and I am the only one eating it. It think it said it didn't freeze well. So I have a small hamburger for lunch with a dollop of soup over the top as a sauce. Love that ro-tel tomato and green chili flavor.

FF, good for you for getting all that electronic equipment set up and the work out you also got in the process. Bummer that the remote is not cooperating with you.

We had a great time at breakfast even though we got a call about 20 minutes after sitting down that our friend from the cape and her sister in law had taken a wrong turn and were at least 45 min away. But it was amazing, it seemed like they arrived in just the blink of an eye and we had just ordered our meal. Well, Carol did admit she was going about 90 at one point on 91. Her sister in law looked a little shell shocked. lol

Hoping for a good day today. I must cut back on my calories plus carbs if I ever want to start seeing some results. I did measure my cream in the 3 coffees I will take to drink during lunch and 2 breaks today. One tablespoon each or 150 calories. Have had a half a slice of Dotties pumpkin bread for breakfast and have put the rest in the freezer.

Have a wonderful Monday everyone!
Old 10-22-2012, 04:47 AM   #130
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

one of my closest friends in songwriting died yesterday after a two year battle with pancreatic cancer...i am so sad today - he left a beautiful wife and two beautiful kids - the kids are young...they were planning to come up this Fall to stay at our cottage, but he took a turn for the worse...

he wrote several #1 hit songs - one of my favorite writers ever, and certainly one of the nicest people to ever walk this planet...his name was tim johnson - our whole family loved him, as did everyone who knew him...he was the person who inspired my youngest son to wrestle for his high school...this will be a tough day...

i'll check back later - stay strong, kids...
Old 10-22-2012, 05:34 AM   #131

Tony, I am so frightfully sorry for your loss!

It is difficult to know what to say. I know you and your family will do his memory proud. It really puts all our mundane little problems into perspective. I feel terrible for the family he left behind. I remember being in the same situation when I was 14. On the subject of the bass, it is not about the volume of the bass, it is about the balance of the frequencies. I never play my music loud, especially after 9 PM. the trick is to be able to hear the bass frequences (especially below 40hz)at low volumes, w/o audible harmonic distortion. Both the computer and the living room stereo do it quite well. I feel complete now. all I need now is an audio cassette head cleaner. I found a source for that. Well, my daily total at WW is 60 points. I only consumed 34 of them. Not that i could not have more. I was just either too tired or too busy. I also only consumed 25 net grams of carbs. I am back to writing down what i eat. i keep 2 columns, one for points, and one for carb grams. One makes different choices, when the numbers are in front of one. Again, my condolences to you and all concerned regarding your friend Tim. FF
Old 10-22-2012, 06:16 PM   #132
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thanks ff...he was just one of the nicest, down-to-earth guys...huge success, yet always had time to help new writers...and he had the best sense of humor...lovely family...just a great guy...

had a good day today - didn't eat until 4:30 and then threw steak tips on the grill...also had a few spoonfuls of abi's soup...

how is everyone else doing? :-)
Old 10-23-2012, 02:28 AM   #133
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Pancreatic cancer is so awful. Most people don't know they have it until is too late. My friend Carol who came for breakfast Sunday told us her good friend was just diagnosed with it last week. Tony, we are all so sorry for your loss. We are sorry for his family too. You are all in our prayers.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:48 AM   #134

i was right about the broccoli...

2.5 cups of chopped broccoli is 10 net grams of carb. the other 10 is fiber. so, if i incl the garlic (which is 1 gram per clove)10 gr is still a tad too high for what i consumed. but we will leave it at that. FF
Old 10-23-2012, 06:51 AM   #135
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

where the heck is marilee?...

thanks, abs...

ff, i am very very proud of you...i know you are on your way to BIG losses, bro...

meeting my buddy from brattleboro for dinner in new london...place called the flying goose...never been there...

i'll check back later...have a great day!!!
Old 10-23-2012, 08:51 AM   #136
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/343.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
I'm here....sorry I've been MIA. Things are ok, just lazy I guess.

Tony, I'm so sorry about the loss of your friend. I Googled him - he was quite a talented man. It is always so sad when people of quality leave us.

ff, YOU THREW OUT 3 RIBS!???? Way to go! You are going to be our shining start his Blitz.

Hi Abi!!!!! Hope you are having a great day!

Hi Jenny - we miss you.

I was a good girl this morning - filled out my ballot and voted so now I've completed that on my "to do" list.

I'll check back later - need to get to work.

Marilee
Old 10-23-2012, 07:57 PM   #137
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

marilee, good to see you, girl...happy to hear you are doing well - i miss you when you're lazy :-)

i agree that ff AND YOU are gonna lead us this blitz...i also think that abi is just about to find her motivation and will be neck-and-neck with you guys in november and december...i'm doing well leading up to surgery, and am hoping that weight loss is one of the fringe benefits of this ordeal...

had a good day today:
b: roast veggies
l: tiny bowl of soup
d: fried calamari, a few lightly battered onion rings and baked haddock - yummy!

hope everyone has a great night!
Old 10-24-2012, 02:45 AM   #138
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tony, I sure hope to find that elusive motivation very soon. Glad you can look at the bright side of your surgery. For sure you will lose some weight. It's just a hard way to do it! I agree that Marilee and FF will be the leaders of the pack this blitz. They just need to drag me along on their coat tails!!

Finally finished the soup last night. Next time around I will cut the recipe in half. lol

I am craving a big salad but don't know if I will have the energy to run by the store on the way home. It is out of my way so time will tell.

Wishing you all a great Wednesday!
Old 10-24-2012, 05:04 AM   #139
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abs, the first ingredient to success in this journey is always having enough good, healthy alternatives to the stuff we don't want to eat, in the house...hope you make it to the store and get your big salad stuff :-)

i'm thinking salmon tonight - we'll see if i actually think salmon, tonight, when it counts :-)

sarah was so cute last night...she called and wanted to know if i thought i could use her help when i had surgery - she offered to come home and sleep in the hospital for a few nights to make sure i had someone to help me...i told her that i would not tell her not to come, but that i think she should stay in nashville and i would call her if i needed her...she and i are both stubbornly independent, so she assumes, like her, i wouldn't call her unless i am dying...lol...she is too funny...

it made me feel good that she wants to come...

tomorrow is the meeting with the radiologist who wants to zap me before surgery...not too crazy about the idea, but i don't think i have any good options to that...woke up with a small sore throat - hope i'm not catching something - that would be a disaster...

took 2 tylenol yesterday but they didn't seem to help - that's all i've taken since saturday's last aspirin...trying to minimize it...

hope everyone has a great day!!!
Old 10-24-2012, 07:13 AM   #140

Tony, u DO need someone there.

u should not have to do this alone. Apart from my mom, i had constant visits from my friends at work, and outside of work. It makes all the difference in the world.I also had the home base advantage, as I work there, so I knew everyone! I am nearly 32 years at the hospital, and the patient areas still make me a tad uneasy. If she or any of your other kids CAN come, LET THEM! I took the day off today (sshh..a sick day..don't tell anyone). Gonna do some decluttering and downsizing in the boudoir, or as they say on Halloween...the BOOdoir. This was where I scared the bejesus out of all 3 exes, and not just on Halloween! FF
Old 10-24-2012, 12:33 PM   #141
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, dw and the other 4 kids will be around, and although i have been reluctant to share the date of surgery with the rest of my family, i have a feeling i will have more than enough folks around me...when it comes to stuff like this, i am probably too proud and am not comfortable being vulnerable...i'd rather see people before surgery and after i come home and am somewhat self-sufficient...i hate putting people out and i hate to see people having to spend time visiting me in the hospital...

skipped breakfast and had a cup of soup and a salad topped with tuna for lunch...still haven't committed to a dinner menu yet :-)
Old 10-24-2012, 01:12 PM   #142

i had 6 ribs last night (a new order) as the 2/3 chef salad

was not enough. My total carbs for the day was 36. My total WW points was 42 of the allowed 60. This a.m. i had the remaining 4 ribs. i have 1/3 of yesterday's chef salad on deck. However, i will take that to work. I have 52 WW left. I believe I will have 1 bacon cheeseburger. If that is not enough, I can finish off the chef salad. I am glad you will have people there, Tony. It makes me feel better. FF
Old 10-25-2012, 03:08 AM   #143
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tony, I am the same way. If it were me, I wouldn't want anyone to know I was even having surgery until I was home and all recouperated. I don't like to visit people in the hospital and wouldn't want them to visit me. When you aren't feeling all that great the last thing I would want to do would be trying to make small talk. That was so thoughtful of Sarah to offer to come home to help out. Hope your sore throat is better today!

I did get a bag of chopped and washed hearts of romaine and had my salad with one T of blue cheese dressing. Wish that was all I had last night.

Just put together a salad for lunch of the same. Added one cut up stalk of celery and some chopped up chicken. Sprinkled the chicken with a little chili pepper and cumin.

We ran fresh baked bread candles yesterday. Amazing it really did smell like it!

FF, you are really going to town on the cleaning. Know you want all that done so in Feb. all you have to do is have fun! Sleep late, cook delicious soups and turkey legs and enjoy the cool weather.

Marilee, are you still on the mf? What's on the menu for today?

My wireless is not working today even though I reset it. I have my computer sitting on a stool in the hallway with the modem dragged down the hall as far as it would reach. This happens occasionally and then it starts working again. We shall see.

Hope everyone has a great Thursday!

Last edited by Abigale; 10-25-2012 at 03:11 AM..
Old 10-25-2012, 05:13 AM   #144

actually, Abi...I prefer turkey WINGS...

but yes, I want to be free and clear by 2/15/13. As a matter of fact, let THAT be my watchword: FREE AND CLEAR. There is still so much to do. all i CAN do is a little at a time. I cannot believe that i am eating less than the allotted points allowed to me. AND, i am not hungry. I refuse to be hungry! The current thinking is that UNDEReating is just as bad as overeating for weight loss. Has anyone looked at the 3rd world lately, as well as certain areas in the USA? Well, I am certainly putting it to the test with no sacrifice on my part. I am hungry now, but I will wait till 8 am. FF
Old 10-25-2012, 05:15 AM   #145

DAMN! i forgot all about the remaining chef salad!

well the fridge won't go hungry either! F-2 more months till Christmas-F
Old 10-25-2012, 08:45 AM   #146
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/343.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Good morning!

How is everyone today?

Tony, I hope you are feeling better. I guess I am different from the rest of you. I would like one person to be with me in the hospital if I was having knee or hip surgery, just to help me get up and down without having to call a nurse all of the time - when you gotta go, you gotta go!!!

Abi, Yep, I'm still on MF. Unfortunately, I tend to break the plan on the weekend which is something I need to deal with. I lose about 5 pounds a week, but gain most or all of it back after I binge. There is an Over Eaters Anonymous group that meets on Sunday afternoon and I'm trying to get myself psyched up to go to it. I really need help with my eating disorder.

ff-You can have the turkey leg and I'll take the thigh. Yummy! When you are through cleaning your house, come on over and help me with mine.

I'll check in later. Take care
Old 10-25-2012, 11:17 AM   #147

consumed my last portion of Kraft xtra sharp cheddar

and boy did i wolf it down...all 2 oz of it. I will probably have a Swiss Miss diet hot choc later. I am saving most of my WW points for the evening. I am also postponing evening feeds till around 8 pm. this way i will not be needing a 2nd dinner afterwards(at least nothing substantial). I find what is working for me is staying busy, or playing on the computer. In other words, I cannot eat if i have both hands busy. If i did not think people would laugh, I would take up knitting. Not only would both hands be busy, but I could poke holes in myself, if i even think of cheating. Of course, i would have to learn how to knit. I hope it never comes to that. F-3 months & 21 days to go-F
Old 10-25-2012, 06:31 PM   #148
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abi, i think you and i are weird in the same way! :-) i'm happy i'm not the only one...i don't mind visiting people in the hospital, but i know it is not enjoyable and i hate to inflict that on others...also, if you have tubes all over the place and you are half-dressed, etc., well, i am modest and don't like people to see me that way...

marilee, i won't be bothering the nurses - i will tell them to pay attention to their really sick patients! :-) i think i will be up on crutches on day 2 and can pee in one of those handheld urinals in bed if i have to...i don't think that will be a problem, but i may be wrong...

hey guys, if you're not losing, but not gaining, then you are maintaining and there's nothing wrong with that - at least for awhile...i have learned that for me, if i am binging then my plan is too restrictive and i need to adjust it a bit to include enough variety that i always have a better choice than i make when i binge...

marilee, do what you think you need to do - OA is supposed to be a very good, supportive group...go for it!

ff, sounds like you are doing great!...you're an old pro at this...what day do you attend/weigh-in at ww?...you're gonna rock this blitz!...

i spent a good part of the day at the hospital meeting with the radiologist who is gonna zap me and others...it was okay...everyone is so competent and nice...the days are ticking by!

had a good day:
b: a few cantaloup cubes
l: skipped
d: pan-seared salmon, coconut shrimp and a stuffed clam

love you guys!
Old 10-25-2012, 07:11 PM   #149

we are ALL gonna rock this Blitz

At my afternoon break, I discovered I did not need the diet hot choc. Thurs is usually my McD night, but I had chinese instead. I am saving 3 of the 10 ribs for tomorrow.
They are the best of the litter. With the ribs, I had shrimp with broccoli, mushrooms and snowpeas oozing with garlic. I started to walk when I finished my business...BUT, it started to drizzle, so I had to take car service home. I hope to remember to use my 5 lb hand weights. I have them for almost a year, and barely touched them. I am just hearing some unspeakable horrific news.
A nanny in nyc, stabbed the 2 children in her care to death, and then turned the knife on herself. Could u imagine this, and then the mother returns home to see this. The nanny is in critical condition. If u want to commit a crime do it in any state where there is no death penalty. Pretty soon the media will be focusing on the poor nanny, and not on the victims. In America, the criminal becomes the hero very quickly. I'll bet she gets off on a psycho plea.
FF
Old 10-26-2012, 03:40 AM   #150
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I haven't watched the weather at all and am only hearing second hand that hurricane Sandy may be coming up the coast. Worried about all the little hamlets in the mountains that may become flooded again.

Marilee, I think attending oa meetings on the weekends would be a big help to keep the binges away. I need to attend one everynight but hate going out at night!

FF, one of these days I am going to show up on your doorstep for some chinese ribs. I love any kind of ribs. Wish I could not eat at the computer but do alot of eating there. You know, type, click, eat...type, click, eat

Tony, you always have such good advice. Restricting ourselves when we are maintaining is a sure way to end up in a binge. You are in my prayers BIG time that your operation is super successful. I am already missing your posts while you are out of pocket.

Hope all you Blitzers have a wonderful Friday!
Closed Thread