Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2012, 07:35 AM   #91
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
as a matter of fact, ww DOES make housecalls

via the internet. However, the internet does not have that necessary EVIL, aka THE SCALE. but more than that, I need the meetings. i am a people person. I AM feeling a little better today. And now the GOOD NEWS. My (earth)brother just called. He and his wife are going to Florida for TG. This means I can take it easy. I actually returned the pre-approved post TG vacation day. it is always quiet at the office the day after. I am still keeping the day before, only now it will be cooking day, instead of transportation day. As it will only be me, I am keeping it modest: a turkey breast (via the RONCO), a melange of grilled veggies, and i shall be experimenting with a lc stuffing throughout Nov . I did not like the one I made several years ago. Hopefully, I will succeed in time. It is not TG w/o stuffing(more properly "dressing" as it is outside the bird). Gosh, I feel better already. F- 4 months to go-F

Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2012, 05:56 PM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jfinchster
Just checking in--sounds like everyone is off to a good start for the week. I walked this weekend and today and am planning on working out (lifting weights/elliptical) at the gym tomorrow. I'm in a bit of a stall right now--scale hasn't moved down for a while but I'm just going to keep on keeping on. If I eat carby stuff I just want more and I'm not going down that road. My body will do what it wants to do, I just have to keep feeding it the good stuff and keep up exercise...

Tonight I'm boiling artichokes and we're having lamb with green beans (baked potato for family) and I might even make a salad...we'll see.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:02 AM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Marilee, your picture of Coco Chanel made me laugh. Daba loves that flat on her back pose too. Unfortunately it also makes her hair matt up and I have to cut chunks of it out. Coco is a sweetheart!

Tony, ha ha, I had the 3 scrambled. CC closes this sunday and we will have a crowd. A very good friend and her sister in law are driving up from the Cape to spend Sat. night with older sister and then coming to breakfast to see me, brother and sister in law and also my younger sister. Should be fun. Then we will have to start going to the diner in West Brattleboro or Raynettes in Hinsdale.

Tony, would you consider letting them push you in wheelchair or ride on one of those golf carts in the Nashville Airport? You certainly qualify for this service at this point.

FF, only 4 months to go. Boy, is that going to fly by. Glad you are happy about not having to go to your earth brother's for TG. I think you will enjoy having that delicious turkey smell wafting through your apartment. That is one of the best things about having TG at home. Sorry about the dizzy spell. Hope you are ok.

Jenny, I like your philosophy that "your body will do what it wants to do". That is so true and there is no sense getting frustrated about it is there? Your dinner last night sounded delicious! Your family is lucky that you are such a good cook!

Hope you all have a great Tuesday all!

Last edited by Abigale; 10-16-2012 at 02:03 AM..
Old 10-16-2012, 04:20 AM   #94

just checking in.

nothing new to report. However, let us keep in mind, that the lust for QUICK weight loss will undo us just as eating the wrong foods will undo us. Let us just stick to our plans, and the miracle WILL happen. FF
Old 10-16-2012, 04:33 AM   #95
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
good morning, guys!

marilee, thanks for the encouragement - my surgery is on october 30th...talking about the possible outcomes - even the bad ones - helps me to relax and reduces stress...for me, it is a coping mechanism - if i can contemplate the worst without worrying, than i can face the actual event somewhat desensitized...

abs, your breakfast next week sounds like fun!...i'm gonna join you one of these sundays - maybe the next time we visit my buddy in brattleboro...it's so weird that he lives right down the road from where you eat every sunday!...

jenny, you are right to focus on the healthy diet and not the scale...i have not weighed for over a week, and i may not until after surgery - the reason is that i need to eat healthy and not obsess over anything else except eating healthy...i am only putting good stuff in my body these last two weeks...i know i am losing a little weight but don't want to be discouraged if it is only a little, especially since i am exercising every day too...

i want to go into surgery feeling healthy and light and don't want the scale factoring into my state of mind...

ff, happy you will not have the stress of TG on the road...by next year, you will be so much lighter, you will be happy to go to your earth brother's home and soak up the accolades!...i know that is gonna happen!

i made the most delicious pulled pork yesterday - slow-cooked a dry-rubbed pork butt in a covered turkey pan for 6 hours at 275-degrees...sat the meat on a rack with a bottle of beer poured on the bottom so it steamed in the pan...resisted the temptation to open the oven and pan and check on it and was repaid with the most tender, moist, sweet meat...then pulled the meat from the fat (the dog was happy!) and added a touch of bbq sauce...melted cheddar cheese on my portion - so so so good!

i also drank a ton of water the past two days and have been flushing a lot...my hip felt better yesterday and is not bad this morning either - i can't figure it out as it was raining so weather does not seem to be the deciding factor...although i don't have a barometer, so maybe it is tied to pressure...

abi, i am too proud to be wheeled anywhere - i know that sounds vain, but i'd rather struggle on my own two feet...i hope i can pull that off :-)

i am buying another guitar today...either that, or i'm gonna get murdered by a guy i met on craig's list who says he has a martin jim croce model d-21 guitar...only 73 of these were made - it is signed by his wife, has his signature in pearl on the fretboard and has an uncirculated 1973 (year of his death) dime set into the fretboard in honor of the line in his song "operator" - "you can keep the dime" which just happens to be my favorite song of all time...jim croce's influence is the main reason i became a songwriter...

okay, i've rambled enough...hope y'all have a great day!!!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185

Last edited by tony8; 10-16-2012 at 04:35 AM..
Old 10-16-2012, 07:53 AM   #96

tony, u just reminded me.

there was a Fender Esquire from 1952 on the antiques road show which retailed for....$35,000. The condition was excellent. Take care of your instrument, and perhaps some day it will take care of you. As far as the wheelchair is concerned, it will be de rigeur while you are in the hospital. I lost lots of weight wheeling myself from one area to the next. but, there was one bit of floor which had a slight incline. the attendants were required to wheel me over that area. But then, i graduated from wheelchair, to walker, to cane, to nothing. My hamstring is fine, but i do have SOME pain on the right knee itself. If there is no improvement, I will have my Dr. write me an Rx for an x-ray. No bkfst today. I have a COBB salad for lunch (no corn though) FF
Old 10-16-2012, 12:36 PM   #97
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, they say there will be no wheelchair for me...they want me up and walking right away to keep clots from forming - using a walker on day 1 and crutches after that...we shall see...supposedly, the knee replacement is much more complicated than the hip, and that is why you were wheeling around...

having a good day...skipped breakfast, and had a salad topped with chicken salad for lunch...we may pick up some chinese food for dinner...i have been flushing with water all day today too and i feel so much better when i do...

got a haircut, registered my son's new car and had a tetanus shot too - the craigslist guy with the guitar or knife is on his way! :-)
Old 10-16-2012, 12:41 PM   #98
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/342.4/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Hey, everyone, just checking in. Nothing to report.

Tony, I love the Jim Croce song. Good luck and congratulations on the guitar!
Old 10-16-2012, 01:35 PM   #99
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thanks, marilee!...he turned out to be a really nice guy and now i've got another really nice guitar!...
Old 10-16-2012, 03:09 PM   #100
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony8 View Post
thanks, marilee!...he turned out to be a really nice guy and now i've got another really nice guitar!...

Rock on with your bad self!
Old 10-16-2012, 03:23 PM   #101

i learn something new everyday.

although i know that the knee IS a more complicated joint, and they DID have me up and about almost immediately after surgery with a walker during therapy, still they insisted (obviously for legal reasons), that i use a wheelchair between the therapy gym and my room. However, that was 10 years ago. I am in the middle of a house cleaning blitz. Tonight I am doing the bathroom and kitchen. This must be a carry over from the workplace. Not hungry. But I could use an ice coffee. FF
Old 10-16-2012, 04:49 PM   #102
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

maybe you won't learn anything, ff - you are probably right about them using a wheelchair when transporting me from my room to other parts of the hospital...in fact, i'm pretty sure you are correct about that...but they said they want me up and walking to the bathroom, hallways etc. - i'm sure with help at first... :-)
Old 10-16-2012, 08:06 PM   #103
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

well, guys, had chinese and ate the low carb options...it was a nice change...

tomorrow morning, i will be off to nashville early and i don't know how reliable my internet service will be, so i'll check in when i can...i will be back on saturday afternoon, so it's a quickie trip...can't wait to see sarah... :-) she's picking me up at the airport...

i will be very well-behaved in nashville - i'll hit the market tomorrow and just pick up some fruit and a couple of LC snacks...i usually only eat one meal out per day if i'm lucky...

hope everyone is having a great day today, and that we all rock tomorrow too!
Old 10-17-2012, 01:51 AM   #104
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, you didn't mention it last night in your post, but did you feel the earthquake tremors at 7:15 last night? We did! What a weird sensation. I see this morning the epicenter was near Portland, Maine - a 4 on the richter scale. FF, what about you? They mentioned Boston feeling it but don't think I read that NY did.

33 degrees this morning. I have my down coat that comes down to my ankles to take Bama out in the morning. It sure makes that task alot easier to handle!

Marilee, I giggled to read your advice to Tony with the little guitar man smiley.

Hey FF, how about coming to clean at my house while you are in your cleaning frenzy! I will fix you a tall glass of ice coffee!

Jenny, what are you cooking today?

I had a pretty clean eating day yesterday. Going for second day in row!

Have a great Wed. Blitzers!
Old 10-17-2012, 04:49 AM   #105

well, abi...it will take considerably more than iced coffee.

start saving up your latinum...AND, I like my coffee strong! I had no dinner last night. Only because i just was not hungry. Also, I remembered to bring my Kraft extra cheddar & my lc bread to work. Well, last night was the bathroom. This evening, is the kitchen. Every day, or every other day, I will tackle another area. It is just that when i get home from work, i am shaggers from stress. also I am a lazy troll. but, lately I have been in minimalist mood. As my (earth)mon's 2nd husband used to say "when in doubt, throw it out". I remember before the furniture came(years ago), I sat in an empty apartment, and thought...Gee I like it this way. I should have kept it that way. Tony, have a safe trip.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:12 PM   #106
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey guys, just a quick note from nashvegas!...hope everyone is having a great on-plan day!

got here just before noon cst and sarah picked me up at the airport and dropped me at my apt...she had a friend who broke a tooth and she needed to take her for oral surgery, so she'll call me later...

all i've eaten all day is one tiny bag of airplane peanuts and water...i'm gonna run out to the store now and get a few things to eat over the next couple of days...

abi, i DID feel the earthquake - first one i've ever felt in my life!...i was lying on the couch and the whole house shook - felt like i was in a vibrating chair for about ten seconds...i yelled "what the hell was that?"...i thought the furnace was setting to explode or something...really weird, but very cool!!!

congrats on being on plan yesterday - hope today is good to you too! :-)

ff, you can clean my house when you are done with abi's - i'll throw in a nice grilled ribeye to go along with abi's coffee...

okay, i'll check back later, kids...
Old 10-17-2012, 07:04 PM   #107
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

well, just got back from dinner with sarah - went to the loveless cafe - famous eatery - google it...had a sampler plate with 2 pieces of fried chicken and one small piece of fried catfish and ordered the turnip greens and slow-cooked green beans for sides...very yummy - quite a few cals but i ate almost nothing all day, so i felt okay about it...sarah had two carby sides that looked so good, but i didn't even taste them...

done eating for the day...have an early morning and will be at the studio most of the day tomorrow...hope y'all had a great day and that you will have an even better one tomorrow... :-)
Old 10-18-2012, 02:25 AM   #108
Major LCF Poster!

FF, I loved it when we first moved into our house and it was empty. We kept two rooms empty for at least a year. Now they are full of furniture etc. Keep up the good work of tackling one room a night on your deep clean!

Tony, how was your trek through the airport and your plane ride! Not too painful we hope. Your dinner of fried chicken and catfish with turnip greens brought back yummy memories of living and eating in the south. Hope your session goes well at the studio today.

Had another good day yesterday with staying away from the carbs. Had tuna salad, deli ham with spicey mustard, a one minute muffin and of course my coffee with cream. Had a diet vanilla cream soda after dinner with a splash of cream in it. Something I read about on a post to have if you are craving something sweet.

Marilee, what are you having today on your mf meal plan?

Jenny, how are you doing today?

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 10-18-2012, 05:55 AM   #109
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey abs, i made it through the airport and on the plane pretty well - not much change from july, which i attribute to the physical therapy for sure...congrats on another good day yesterday - you're on a roll!!!

gotta do my PT before heading to the studio so i will check back later!...

have a great day kids!
Old 10-18-2012, 02:18 PM   #110

i think i lost at least 10 lbs since last Friday...

from all this cleaning, at work and at home. I do not know what happened to me, but i seem to have become a white tornado. now i am in pain, from below the ankles, and exhausted above the ankles. no more cleaning till the weekend. Sat a.m. I am going to the boardwalk (not in AC, but Bklyn). Gonna do some walking. and cd listening. Then, I am going to 5 guys,armed with lc toast and lc ketchup. And I am getting just 1 (aka 2 patties)bacon cheeseburger, with onion, tomato, and pickles, and wash it down with a bottomless cup of diet coke. I was too embarrassed to eat there before. I used to take my stuff home. I am slowly beginning to get in touch with some of the people I met from the Pokonos, those who live within the 5 boroughs. As much as I love my cyber family, and I do, it is nice to be with people in non-cyber space. Tony, enjoy your stay in Nashville. I hope that someday, before I return home, I will be able to stand before that PARTHENON with you! OH, while I was cleaning, I found my aunt Mary Katherine's phone #. She is the widow of my late (earth)mom's younger brother-my uncle and Godfather. Thank the Gods she is fine. Perhaps, I will be able to visit after I retire. She lives in a big house in a small town in West Virginia. Of course, I will do ALL the chores while I am there.F -3 months & 27 days to go-F
Old 10-18-2012, 03:53 PM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jfinchster
Hi Everyone,
I'm doing well but still stuck on the scale (I weigh daily) it's been about a week now...I was hoping to lose an average of 2lbs a week over the next few months, this is going to put me back some...I haven't done anything differently, I think I'm at one of those weights my body just likes...

I'm thinking of trying a round of HCG soon, I did it last year for 21 days and lost 15lbs, but it was pretty challenging. Gibby didn't you do HCG last year also? I'm in a good headspace for it and who wouldn't like to lose 15lbs in a month?

I've been eating well, haven't strayed from all natural low carb plan and keeping away (mostly) from the alchohol. I'm going to my in-laws for the weekend and probably will have some wine. Also, not sure how my eating will go since I'm not in control of the menu--I will just eat what I can--I'm packing some healthy low carb snacks to bring with us so I won't starve.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:08 PM   #112
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey jenny, happy to hear you are sticking to a healthy woe - that's the most important thing we can do...that being said, i don't think you are anywhere near heavy enough to lose 2 lbs a week over a few months!...

a 1 lb. loss is achieved after accumulating a 3500 calorie deficit under what you need to maintain your weight...to lose 2 lbs. a week, you would have to eat 1000 calories a day BELOW your maintenance level - for you to do that, you would have to starve!...you can do that for short bursts, but i don't think that is sustainable at your weight...just my humble opinion :-)

maybe shoot for 1/2-1 lb per week - it's more reasonable, healthier and less likely to lead you to become discouraged...

marilee has done hcg - more than once i think - i'm sure she will fill you in...right now, i think she has been blown away by a dust storm...

ff, can't wait to have you visit nashville, my friend...you will LOVE IT!...that reminds me - i often think about artemis and wonder if she is okay...she was a great person - i really enjoyed having her around...hope she is well and just busy...

okay, so sarah is killing me!...i planned to eat a banana for breakfast and bring an apple to the studio for lunch...i forgot both, so i didn't eat a thing until i got back to my apt. at 4 - then i ate 1/2 turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread with 1/2 slice of tomato - no condiments...i figured we would go out for dinner after the 6 p.m. session which ended at 7:30...well, she had eaten leftovers and wasn't hungry and didn't seem too interested in going out at all, so after the studio, she went home and i came back here and ate the other 1/2 sandwich - this time i squirted a little grey poupon on it!...

so, all day, all i've eaten is 1 turkey sandwich and some water...i'm gonna call it an night in terms of eating - i'll take every day like this i can get, although i would have enjoyed a nice dinner!...

the good news is that the two songs we finished today came out exactly the way i heard them when i wrote them - i'm very happy with this new studio...two more to be done tomorrow and they will do the fifth song next tuesday after i am back home...i will listen in on a live stream...

that's it for now, kids...hope everyone has a great night and great day tomorrow!
Old 10-19-2012, 01:49 AM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

Still keeping the carbs pretty low and feeling better about my eating. Not losing anything but have been eating alot of high sodium bacon that needed to be cooked before it went bad. They will be having pizza brought in for our friday free lunch so I will eat the tops of two slices. Had bacon, a one minute muffin, some cheese and a spoonful of peanut butter yesterday. The muffin has one egg in it.

Jenny, I know it gets discouraging when everything is going along fine and the weight loss comes to a halt. If I could lose 15 pounds in a month I would be very tempted to try hcg but the days of very low calories would do me in I think. I have dieted for so many years that I just can't make myself eat that low anymore. We will support you with whatever you do!

FF, 3 months and 27 days to go! yea! Wonderful you are hanging out with your neighbors and getting in touch with relatives. There is nothing like the one on one get togethers. Have fun walking the Brooklyn board walk and eating at 5 guys this weekend.

Tony, your session sounded like it went very well. They played alot of country music at work yesterday and I always wonder if you wrote any of the songs we are listening to. Your turkey sandwich sounded yummy. I wonder about artemis too and hope she will join us again someday - Beth too!

We made over 5000 candles yesterday. We hadn't done that for awhile for different reasons. Everyone was pumped. One scent was a maple sugar one and it smelled divine!

Hope you all have a wonderful Friday!
Old 10-19-2012, 04:14 AM   #114

it is a completely different experience....

coming to a clean, neat work area. The same is true for going home. I truly hate clutter. But, i do admit that 4 months of NYC summer nearly un-manned me.Add that to my basic slothful nature. i was built for comfort, not speed! Istill have to thin out my books, my audio cassettes, and (sob)some of my vinyl. It really is too much. That is going to take time. I have also "cleaned up" my attitude as regards my food program. I am GRADUALLY adding salads and veggies to my repertoire. I had a large shrimp and broccoli last week, and a big salad at work. However, all that produce in one sitting was equal to gobbling up a whole package of FRANKENGOODIES sweetened with sugar alcohols. I spent a considerable amount of time on the throne. And, I allow myself the OCCASIONAL off-plan experience, be it sweet or savory. If that will help me stay on plan, so be it. But, no more than once a month, otherwise, it is no plan at all. FF
Old 10-19-2012, 07:42 AM   #115

i felt no earthquake tremors, mercifully.

I still remember 8/23/11. I do not wish to repeat that experience. FF
Old 10-19-2012, 08:21 AM   #116
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

No dust storm - just busy.

Yep, I did hcg for quite awhile. It is great for losing, but you have to follow the maintenance phase of it as well, or the weight will come right back on. Isn't that true for all weight loss plans?

I'm almost down to my low before I binged. My goal is to hit a new number by the end of this month - that would be anything below 313. Still shooting for being in the 200's by Thanksgiving.

I lived in L.A. for 12 years - don't even talk to me about earthquakes. I went through several bad ones. Tony, like you, the very first one I experienced, was funny. We had recently moved to Santa Monica from Pittsburgh - I was 18 years old. My dad was going to Yuma to make a business call so my mom and I went with him. That evening, they went out to dinner with the associate and his wife and I stayed at the motel. They had one of those beds where you could put quarters in and it would vibrate - I think you know what's coming - I put the quarter in the bed and laid down. I looked over at the dresser and the lamp was moving a lot - how did the vibrating bed made the lamp move? (Keep in mind I had never experienced an earthquake before.) Then I noticed that the bed was REALLY vibrating - boucing back and forth like crazy. I jumped out of bed and ran to the window to see the water in the swimming pool totally sloshed out by a jolt. I had been planning on going for a swim but was very happy I didn't!

My mom and dad got home late and I woke up and told them about the earthquake. They thought I was dreaming as they hadn't felt anything....the shocks and tires on the car had absorbed everything. Well, in the morning, the found out.

Sorry for the long story - but it was funny - after the fact, of course.

I'm going to ask a real personal question - has anyone tried hypnosis for weight loss? There is a clinic in Scottsdale that does that and I was wondering about it.

Well, must run.

TTYL

Marilee

Last edited by Gibby; 10-19-2012 at 08:22 AM..
Old 10-19-2012, 09:07 AM   #117
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

marilee, you consider THAT a real personal question?...i thought you were gonna ask "boxers or briefs?" or well, you get the idea ;-) thanks for sharing that earthquake story - that is funny...and scary!...

lucy, congrats on the 5K candles!...you must have taken your veeta-vite-veggimins yesterday!...my songs are not on the radio around here right now...although there was a female singer from keene who recorded one and it was on the radio there - they interviewed her on a morning talk show a few years ago and i drove out there so i could pick up the signal and hear my song on the radio for the first time...it was cool...

ff, sounds like things are under control in brooklyn...when are you re-joining the ww crew?...

i had a banana for breakfast and then went to the studio - now i have a break and then back to the studio to record vocals on the 4th song...the first three have turned out just like i hoped they would...

i'm hoping to eat more today than i did yesterday, but i am feeling good and a bit lighter!...

hope everyone has a great day today, and oh yeah, congrats marilee on dropping almost all of what you gained - that took discipline!!!!!...and btw, the answer to the question you didn't ask is "briefs"...haha!

Last edited by tony8; 10-19-2012 at 09:08 AM..
Old 10-19-2012, 10:39 AM   #118

i was supposed to rejoin ww last Sunday...

but i was not well. so this sunday fer shir. i am looking fwd to it. i want to do an I TOLD U SO, to my (earth)bro, that I can do ww and lc, and still lose weight, and be satisfied doing it. I still feel guilty eating fruit. at bkfst i had a cup of cut up fruit incl 1/2 cup cottage cheese, and coffee, and water. for my 10:15 break i had 2 oz of Kraft xtra sharp cheddar. for lunch, 2 hbe's chopped for egg salad on 2 slices lc toast. i am finished with carbs for the day, except for the veggies in my house special soup. I still feel guilty about the fruit.that is owing to all the years i stayed on Induction. I only have it about twice a week. I really enjoy it, sometimes with cheese (hard or soft), sometimes with sour cream or whipped cream. FF
Old 10-19-2012, 01:17 PM   #119
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, if you stay away from the useless, nutritionless carbs and frankenfoods, you will find fruit to be a very healthy alternative!...even the american diabetes association recommends fresh fruit as part of a well-balanced diet...some have a low glycemic index and are loaded with antioxidants...don't feel guilty and enjoy it as a healthy, filling fiber-y snack with a nice big glass of water and watch the weight fall off as you are full and satisfied and eating far fewer calories...

i had a great salad for lunch topped with grilled salmon and peppercorn parmesan dressing - WOW!...i ate out with a friend who has diabetes and he ordered a huge fried fish and chip dinner which looked crusty and greasy and delicious, but i was more than satisfied with what i had...a few years ago, i would have ordered the fish and chips too!...

one more song coming up at 5 p.m. and then maybe out to dinner with sarah or friends or both...i fly back in the morning...short trip but productive and i am so happy to have seen my baby girl...
:-)
Old 10-19-2012, 07:41 PM   #120
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hit a japanese restaurant for dinner and ordered the hibachi chicken, salmon and veggie combo plate - didn't touch the white rice...DELICIOUS...luckily sarah had not eaten yet, so i didn't starve...she came out with me and a couple of friends...very nice...she will pick me up at 9 a.m.and take me to the airport - i'm gonna miss her...it's gonna be especially hard to say goodbye this time...

the 4th song came out pretty well - maybe not quite as good as the other three as the singer put a little too much emotion in it, but i got it tweaked enough to where it will convey the idea to a potential artist...i have to say, it is a really pretty song :-)

so that's it for now - i'll be hitting the hay soon...tomorrow marks 10 days til surgery and it's also the day i have to stop taking aspirin...i can have tylenol, but not sure if that's gonna help much...

hope everyone's having a great night!
Closed Thread