Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 05:33 AM   #601
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
abs, if you're in bed by 6:30 on a friday night, all i can say is: i hope you're not alone! :-)

ff, congrats on beating the bug and for your restraint at the kitchen dinner table...may ralph and ed keep you in stiches for the rest of the year...

going to the italian market to pick up a bunch of stuff to bring to the party...did i mention i am not much of a partier?...i prefer small gatherings where you can actually talk to everyone who is there...this will be about 30 people, almost all of whom are strangers to me, so i am going to try to get there early and spend time with my friends and then leave relatively early for the 2+ hour ride home...vincent has a wrestling tournament in the a.m...

hope everyone has a great friday!...only a few more days til the end of the blitz - let's try to practice good habits before tuesday, so we don't go into shock!...lol...

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185

Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2012, 07:42 AM   #602
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
I love veal Oscar. I haven't had it since I was in my 20's and that was another life or two ago.

Yea, Vicki!!!!!! Finally - good news on the house.

Well, it's the last workday of my vacation. I've enjoyed the down time, but strangely enough, am ready to go back to work on Monday. It will be a slow day so I'll be able to get caught up (although I've been checking emails daily here from home).

Have a great Friday!!!!
Old 12-28-2012, 10:13 AM   #603
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
now that i made jokes about it....

what IS veal OSCAR? No lunch today, btw. i cannot tear myself away from my classical radio station. I will try hard not to overcompensate tonight. we are expecting a few inches of the white flaky stuff(not dandruff)tomorrow. Ergo, i shall be loading up on diet sodas for the week, and making it last. I DID cut down about 50%. I have enough coffee in my small coffee percolator from last week, for my afternoon opera (a NEW one called THE TEMPEST, BASED ON THE SHAKESPEARE play of the same name.) Enjoy the weekend, y'all. FF
Old 12-28-2012, 02:53 PM   #604
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
I will be back in the early am as usual but just wanted to let everyone know that the candle company hired me today!!!!!!! Happy New Year!
Old 12-28-2012, 04:39 PM   #605
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yea, Abi! Congratulations! I knew they couldn't pass up a good thing! What a great way to start the new year!

ff, veal oscar is breaded veal cutlets or medallions of veal with asparagus and crabmeat smothered in Bearnaise sauce. Very rich, but so good!

Last edited by Gibby; 12-28-2012 at 04:41 PM..
Old 12-28-2012, 06:56 PM   #606

Gallery: Jennifer
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: on and off, up and down since 1/30/07
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony8 View Post
abs, if you're in bed by 6:30 on a friday night, all i can say is: i hope you're not alone! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abigale View Post
I will be back in the early am as usual but just wanted to let everyone know that the candle company hired me today!!!!!!! Happy New Year!
Congratulations!!!!!
Old 12-28-2012, 09:13 PM   #607
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

:jump joy:: jumpjoy::jumpj oy::j umpjoy:

OMG!!!!...i am so so so so so happy!!!...congrats abi - i am so so proud of you...i knew they would see the light!...you earned that job, kid...YES!...i was thinking about you tonight while i was in brattleboro... :-)

vicki, i am so happy you sold the house - if you don't find someplace you love, consider putting stuff in storage and renting for awhile...

hi jenn!

marilee, sounds like you enjoyed your time off...i assume you will be off on tuesday?...

ff, hoping you will start blitz XII for us....
Old 12-29-2012, 12:41 AM   #608
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks everybody for the congrats! You had more faith in me than I did. lol They are going to announce it Monday so the gang at work doesn't know yet. One more plus is they are seriously considering going to a 4 day week maybe in Feb. or March. Having a 3 day weekend would be great to get appointments ect. in without having to ask for time off. Also the extra gas and wear and tear on car would be good too. Time will tell.

Tony, thanks for thinking of me while you were in Bratt. How was the party? Were there a lot of "old guy - over the hill" gifts?

FF, enjoy the Tempest and speaking of stocking up on diet sodas I need to get to Hannafords today and get some waist watchers diet vanilla cream. I love that stuff but only allow myself one glass a day usually. Not looking forward to more snow today. At least DH got the snow blower working. The problem is with the belt being too loose so it works in light stuff but when you get to the end of the drive where the plow piles it up the belt squeals. I may have some more shoveling to do.

Vicki, do you have a closing date yet or is it too soon in the negotiations?

Jennifer, hope you are having a stress free weekend!

I had an egg with the cheese sauce on it yesterday, they had wraps at our free lunch so I had the innards of a turkey and a chicken one, pork skins and dip and two glasses of wine to celebrate the job. First I've had since Nov. 1st. Right away I started to think about eating carby stuff so the wine is off my menu again until something special comes up. Don't want to be fighting the carb demons on a daily basis again.

Hope all the Blitzers have a great Saturday! Will check back later.

Last edited by Abigale; 12-29-2012 at 12:42 AM..
Old 12-29-2012, 04:40 AM   #609
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
House hunting today and looking at 4 houses. The decision will have to be made today. Closing date for my house is Feb. 15. Nothing like moving mid winter, but I have done it before. However, this time, we are hiring movers.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:45 AM   #610
Major LCF Poster!

Thank goodness for movers! Hope you find the perfect home for you and the family!
Old 12-29-2012, 02:15 PM   #611
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey abs, the party was very nice...lots of people from all walks of life - i bet you knew some of them...i could not believe how many different gourmet dishes my buddy made - it took him two days...did i mention that he owns a catering business?...we left around 9:30 p.m. and they had not opened any gifts yet, so i'm not sure if there were a lot of gag gifts...

vicki, good luck finding a house...hope you get lucky and find the perfect place...

not much new today...ate buffalo wings and steak bomb sub innards...that has been it for the day...

hope everyone is having a good one!...

how's our new jennifer doing today?
Old 12-29-2012, 05:26 PM   #612

Vicki...all the best for your transition.

Tony, what a party! I am enjoying my cozy situation here. I did not venture forth today. Catching up on STAR WARS which is on SPIKE TV(ch 56 here). Have a pleasant evening all! F-48 days to go-F
Old 12-30-2012, 12:33 AM   #613
Major LCF Poster!

It looks like we got alot more snow since yesterday. I hope the snow blower works today! My brother and sil are snowed in in Cleveland at their other daughter's place so they won't be at our family brunch today. My older sister lives in Canaan and won't come if it is snowing this morning. Our group is slowly dwindling. Hope brother from Georgia can make it down the mountain from Dummerston. I made two quiches yesterday, a spinach one and one with some cheese and mild rotel tomatoes in it. That one is my favorite. It has a little kick to it. Browning some link sausages right now to bring too. Niece is making a green salad and younger sister is bringing fruit so should be very filling brunch.

FF, I can imagine how cozy you were over the weekend watching your Star Wars movies. Spike has alot of good stuff on it. Do you have to work tomorrow?

Tony, I bet I would know the names of some of the people at the party but I probably would not know them by sight. Now my brother the coach at BHS knows everybody in town. He has lived here all his adult life while the 5 years I have been back in town from Alabama I was pretty secluded taking care of Mom. Did you and DW bring a funny gift? What is your buddie's catering company called? Maybe I have heard of it.

Yesterday I had some spinach quiche, celery, cheese, pork skins and dip, a diet soda, coffee with cream and 1tbl of coconut oil.

Hope you all have a great day. I'll check back later and see what everyone is up to today.

Last edited by Abigale; 12-30-2012 at 12:37 AM..
Old 12-30-2012, 08:27 AM   #614

congrats, Abi on your new job...

I will never say LIGHTS OUT to you, not even in jest. Also, to answer the other question, I am off till 1/2/13. FF
Old 12-30-2012, 12:49 PM   #615
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the congrats FF. Nice to have two long weekends in a row. Getting you broken in for the retirement!
Old 12-30-2012, 04:37 PM   #616
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hi abs, the name of his company is "vermont seasons catering"...his food is sooo good...i think i told you he has been the director of food services at bh for over 20 years, and he is booked almost every weekend with catering events...he pretty much is cooking non-stop...

we brought him several sacks of specialty italian foods from that new market and his other gift is two nights at the marriott in portland, maine where the four of us will spend a weekend sometime this winter - his choice...

i am sooo committed to this next blitz...i have gained 7 lbs. since my surgery and i need to get it off...i feel heavy and blah...i think i will join a gym tomorrow and start going in between pt appointments...i have simply been eating too much and with my limited mobility, i cannot burn it off...

i am now back to being 40 lbs. away from my goal weight...my goal is to lose 15 lbs. during blitz XII and get back down to 210...i will probably need the rest of 2013 to lose the last 25 lbs. and get to goal...the gym will be part of my assault on my goal, although the last time i joined a gym, i gained so much muscle, i could not get out of the mid-190s...hmmmm, i guess i'd like to have that problem again! :-)

what are everyone's plans for new year's eve?...

Last edited by tony8; 12-30-2012 at 04:38 PM..
Old 12-30-2012, 07:54 PM   #617

Gallery: Jennifer
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: on and off, up and down since 1/30/07

Hope everyone had a nice weekend!

My dishwasher broke, so guess what some, or all, of my Christmas bonus will be spent on....No fun, but I do realize how lucky I am to have received a bonus! Dishwasher was ancient (20+ years old), so it was only a matter of time before it needed replacing.

My goal for Blitz XII is to stop binging. Even at the risk of not losing or gaining weight. This starving/binging cycle has gone on for too long, and I have got to break it once and for all. Low carb eating will be the core of my diet, but I won't necessarily be eating to lose weight. I will post menus to keep myself accountable and will exercise, but will stay away from scales, tape measures, etc. I will also stop: obsessively examining my body in the mirror, comparing my size to anyone else (and stop asking DH if every woman we come across is bigger or smaller than I am), negative self talk and thoughts. I have been squeezing and Spanx'ing myself into my clothes, but will go shopping Tuesday for clothes that fit. That will be hard since I have gained a lot of weight in a short time so I'm probably up 2-3 sizes, but I have to accept it and move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony8 View Post
what are everyone's plans for new year's eve?...
Hopefully staying awake until midnight
Old 12-31-2012, 12:25 AM   #618
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, I did remember that your friend was the food service director at BH. What a busy guy with running the catering business on the side! What great gifts for him - now he will be forced to relax for a weekend in Portland! Sorry about the weight gain since your surgery. As Vicki has pointed out before, when we are under stress our cortisol levels are raised and that affects our weight. You have been under tremendous stress for months and even still trying to get those joints and muscles working well. I think the gym is a great idea. Exercise is a good stress reliever. Focusing on how you look and feel this next Blitz will be more important than what the scale is saying. I would take a waist measurement and use that as to the amt. of body fat you will be losing. As you said, as you build muscle your weight could stay the same or go up.

Jennifer, I think your plan is great too. Stopping the binging is the most important thing to do on this blitz. When you shop for the new clothes I wouldn't spend alot of money because I think you will lose weight just by not binging and you don't want to be stuck with alot of clothes that will be too big for you. So sorry about having to use your bonus money on a new dish washer. You can have mine, I have used it twice in the 5 years we have lived here. lol I forget I have it. With just the two of us here I just don't like to hear the noise of it and would just as soon wash them by hand. lol

Well, looking forward to having tomorrow off. I will not be staying up until midnight and haven't for many years. I like to start the New Year off well rested and with no hangover. lol

Happy New Blitzers!
Old 12-31-2012, 06:13 AM   #619
Blabbermouth!!!

Put offer in on a house on Saturday, in the negotiating stage. Hopefully we will find out something this morning.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:42 AM   #620
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning! I need to get caught up on the posts, but wanted to pop in.

I started on plan this past Thursday and I've lost 3 pounds so far. Looking forward to the next Blitz!
Old 12-31-2012, 09:51 AM   #621

well, here it is...the last day of 2012.

when we wake up tomorrow, we will have BLITZ XII into which we may voice our minds and souls. So, Happy New Year y'all. We shall drop lbs together in 2013. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI
Old 12-31-2012, 09:03 PM   #622
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
Just popping in to wish everyone a Happy New Year! I will be driving back tomorrow from the holiday and it will give me a lot of time to make my goals for the next Blitz and upcoming year. I have already thought of a few. See y'all in the new year!
Old 12-31-2012, 09:24 PM   #623
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy New Year!!!!!
Old 12-31-2012, 10:45 PM   #624
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

happy new year everyone!...looking forward to the next blitz and all of us setting new goals to achieve between now and april...

this was the first year my older kids all went out and did their own thing for new years...we had hosted a party here for 25 years that came to an end last year, so this year dw and i had our 17 year old son and wanted to do something fun so we went to the portsmouth "first night" celebration...we had a blast!...good music, good food, fireworks, dancing, a sword-swallowing mind-reader (I know!), hot chocolate, ice sculptures, etc...just got back... :-)

hope someone posts a link to the new blitz! happy new year!!!
Old 01-01-2013, 02:38 AM   #625
Major LCF Poster!

I see FF has started the new blitz thread. I will see you all over there.

BLITZ XII Jan1 thru March 31 2013.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:07 AM   #626
Blabbermouth!!!

240's : 250's now
Closed Thread