Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2012, 01:00 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
ok, so ff is gone til tuesday, lucy is knee deep in wax, jenny is lost in the cherry orchard, kbeth is chasing her little one all around the house and vicki is grading papers...guess who that leaves alone with me in here???...i'll give you a hint: right now she is silently nibbling on a medifast chocolate fudge nut caramel brownie :-)

didn't eat a thing til 3, then had a few chicken nuggets - wish i hadn't, as i drank a lot of water and feel bloated...

the ribeyes will hit the grill around 6...

Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2012, 03:27 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Tony, you are a riot!

All your grill attachments and paraphenalia will cook up some good eatins!

I think that you were a wonderful employer and hearing about how you treated your employees, even the very new ones is just what we would have expected from you.

Hope to hear from Marilee this weekend and the rest of the gang you mentioned!

Have a great night. Beat you all here in the morning!
Old 10-05-2012, 03:28 PM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.6/332.6/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 11/11/13
Hey, Tony, you forgot about me!!!!!

Pub a rib-eye on the grill for me, please. I like it medium rare (or black and blue).
Old 10-05-2012, 10:15 PM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

marilee, where the heck are you?...your ribeye is cooked just the way you like it and is waiting for you...you're probably still full from the brownie :-)

thanks, abs - i expected people who worked for me to care, so i felt it was important that they knew i cared about them too...i was demanding, but fair...i felt it was my responsibility to make sure they had good jobs and benefits - and it was their job to to work hard...that formula always worked...

good day - the steaks were wonderful and i sauteed spinach in evoo and garlic after steaming it...YUMMY!...i'm trying to get as much iron as possible so leafy green veggies are on the menu!

hope everyone has a great night - wait a minute!...i just realized it is 1:14 a.m.!...that means i beat abi here!...good morning abi!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 10-06-2012, 03:10 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning Tony! You beat me by a long shot this morning. lol I have been washing clothes, cleaning the litter box and surfing the net. Nothing too exciting but I am actually drinking a bottle of water right now which means "I mean business today". Hope I can mean business all day. Wish me luck!!!

I checked with the employment agency yesterday to verify that I can apply directly to KC next week as I will reach the 520 hour mark and they said yes. I picked up an application and will hand it in tuesday as by the end of that day I will have 524 hours. I have not had any indication they are interested in hiring anyone permanently but maybe they will hire me as a seasonal worker like the two they hired two weeks ago. That would be a step in the right direction.

Need to get back to cleaning before I lose my momentum. Will check back later for sure.

Have a great day all. Marilee, hope you enjoyed the rib eye Tony grilled for you yesterday!
Old 10-06-2012, 05:06 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

abi, believe it or not, marilee never showed up!...well, i saved her steak, so maybe she will saunter in today and i will pan saute` it for her...i left it pretty rare, so i can still get it the way she likes it...

good luck remaining motivated All day... :-)

it will tell kc a lot that you are applying for a job the hour you are eligible - too cute that you figured it out so EXACTLY...they are NUTS if they don't hire you...i bet they will...

have no idea what we will do for meals today, but i'm in a good place right now...eating lots of veggies and healthy food and i feel good overall...

i'll check back later...have a great day!
Old 10-06-2012, 08:30 AM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning! It is a great morning - 65 degrees when I got up, but now it's 70. Reaching a high of 93, which is so much better!

I'm sorry I didn't make it to dinner. I missed a plane connection in Denver. Rats, because I love spinach, too so it would have been a perfect meal. Go ahead and enjoy my steak since it seems I won't make it.

Abi, you have a kitty? If I knew that I forgot.....what kind and color and name? As you know, I love cats. Awesome creatures. Of course, I love dogs, horses, goats, sheep, lambs, elephants, sharks, dolphins, and.....well, you get the idea. Maybe I was Mrs. Noah in a past life

Kind of broke my diet because I was so bummed I missed my plane, but that's life. Back on plan and trucking along.

Tony, you sound like a very fair boss. I work for someone like you. The owner of our company is very demanding and tough, but the benefits are great and compensation is competitive in the market. I don't mind working hard - it was how I was raised.

Well kids. It's Saturday so you know what that means - CHORES!

TTYL

Marilee
Old 10-06-2012, 10:52 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee, here are the girls. Daba, Dewsker and of course Bama. Daba and Bama are buddies as you can see. All 3 love to eat, just like me unfortunately. The kitties are 7 and Bama is 4. We love them to pieces as you can imagine. You will notice that they were born without tails!

I got the biggest laugh when I saw them trying out my new keen sandals back in July as pillows. lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 008.jpg (41.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 003.jpg (29.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (54.4 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Abigale; 10-06-2012 at 10:54 AM..
Old 10-06-2012, 03:33 PM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

They are so cute!!!! Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:11 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

long day today...got a call from my sis that my brother got rushed to the hospital with an obstruction in his colon...they think it's a benign fatty tumor and will operate on tuesday...so, i just got home after spending the day at mass general hospital...

cut up the leftover pork chops and stir fried them with some broccoli and a touch of low sodium soy sauce when i got home...i hated to eat this late, but i had not eaten all day...

abs, hope you enjoy one of your last breakfasts at the cc tomorrow!...btw, cute pics...

marilee, i'll make a fresh steak when you make your connection... :-)
Old 10-07-2012, 02:49 AM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

So sorry about your brother, Tony. Hope and pray it is just a fatty tumor. Hope he is not in alot of pain. Keep us informed please.

Thanks Marilee and Tony for the comments about the girls' photos.

Marilee, so happy the weather is cooling down for you!

Well yesterday went well until about 3. Trying again today. Think I will have just the 3 scrambled eggs at the cc today and have no bacon. Will try to keep the sodium down for a day or two to try to get a loss going.

My sister and I are going to give Mom's house a once over tomorrow while my car is having it's oil changed. Vacuum, dust, scrub out the garbage cans etc. It will be fun for us to be working and laughing together again for a couple of hours.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:09 AM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

abi, the most unbelievable thing i've ever heard is that there is something left to scrub at your mom's house!!! :-) enjoy the eggs!
Old 10-07-2012, 05:28 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

well, looks like everyone slept in today...although "everyone" is just three of us right now...

i made a barbecue feast today - chicken wings and ribs on the grill, baked beans and dw made potato salad - i had a couple of dollops of each...i know when i say the word "dollop", marilee usually shows up :-)

all is well...donate my 2nd unit of blood tomorrow - hopefully i will tolerate it as well as i did the first one...gonna be a busy week...

i did both exercise regimens today - not easy as i was pretty sore from being at the hospital all day yesterday...but i feel better now...

hope you guys had a great sunday!
Old 10-08-2012, 02:02 AM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Ha Ha Tony! I know that does sound funny about scrubbing at Mom's house. Mainly it will be dusting blinds and floors - just giving it the once over for the person who will be renting. But those garbage cans - ick. I know they need a soak and a scrub. Thank goodness we still have an outside hose still hooked up over there. Will probably soap them up good and use an old broom to do the scrubbing. Hope the blood donation goes as well tomorrow as the first one did!

Will you be going back down to Mass General tomorrow for your brother's surgery? I know you are concerned just like we all would be if it were our brother. We are sure thinking about him and hope all will be ok.

Yesterday went "ok". I had my 3 scrambled eggs and a couple of slices of melon they put on the side of the plate. Then sister in law didn't want 2 slices of bacon and of course I couldn't let those go wasted. Had pork rinds with sour cream and ranch dip seasoning later in day and some hamburg, cheese and a rotisserie chicken leg for dinner. More food than I should but the carbs over all were not bad.

Hope FF gets his computer back soon. We will probably not hear from him until he gets back to work tomorrow.

Marilee, how was your Sunday? Is the weather still keeping under the 90's out in Phoenix? When you get a chance post a picture of your kitties for us! Love animal photos.

Have a great day all!

Last edited by Abigale; 10-08-2012 at 02:06 AM..
Old 10-08-2012, 07:46 AM   #45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Heh, Heh, Heh....dollop - love that word.

It's still in the 90's, we aren't below that quite yet except in the mornings.

Abi, I have no idea how to post pictures. I am not that technically advanced. I can change my avitar, though and will do a different one each day. Today is Holly.

Tony, I'm so sorry about your brother and hope everything is ok.

It is very ironic that you are getting your blood taken and it's almost halloween. Make sure there aren't any vampires around! You need the blood for your surgery.

TTYL
Old 10-08-2012, 01:02 PM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

hi guys!...

marilee, i don't think vampires would be interested in me anymore - i'm empty!...i knew "dollop" would get you in here...

abi, your menu sounds reasonable to me - oops, maybe i'm not the best judge

went into the hospital in boston to visit my brother this morning and he is doing well...they are 99% sure what he has is benign and plan to do surgery tomorrow...i will be there, but i think he's gonna be okay...

then i drove to manchester go give blood again and this time it only took 4:23 - that's really fast...i am having no ill effects, so far anyway... ;-)

half a banana and a few almonds for breakfast, leftover wings and ribs for lunch and i bought some burgers to throw on the grill later...
Old 10-08-2012, 02:26 PM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, eat that red meat and get your iron back up. Your meals today sounded very good. Hoping to hear some good news tomorrow night about your brother.

Marilee, Holly is beautiful! She looks like she means business. lol

Wow, this posted before I even hit post quik reply!

Talk to you all in the morning! Have a great night!

Last edited by Abigale; 10-08-2012 at 02:27 PM..
Old 10-08-2012, 03:34 PM   #48
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Abi, I know! She really is a sweet girl and never gives me a hard time. She just looks that way in that picture. I have another one that is better.

Last edited by Gibby; 10-08-2012 at 03:36 PM..
Old 10-08-2012, 06:28 PM   #49
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
I AM BACK!!!

Despite (earth)brother's prediction that I will be 800 lbs by TG, I managed to have a great time. He means well, but he told me point blank, that ATKINS is my undoing. WW is the ONLY solution, and if I cannot be satisfied on a WW low fat, low calorie plan, then I need to have my head examined. I gave up trying to make him understand, but reasoning with him is like reasoning with terrorists. He is right, and everyone else in the universe is wrong, especially the aforementioned Dr. Atkins. So, I just YESSED HIM for about 20 miles or so, until we crossed the boarder back to NJ. Oh, before I forget, I did read all the posts. I am certain, Tony, that your brother will be fine. Please keep us posted.Pity Gibby could not join you, especially as u had steak. I stayed true to my plan. The food was buffet, and I stuck to my guns...NO SECONDS!!! I hurt my right hamstring playing miniature golf with my aforementioned well intentioned (earth)brother. But I hurt my right hamstring, bending down 18 times to pick up the golf ball. I hope it does not segue into another knee operation. At this juncture, walking is quite difficult, and PAINFUL. Hopefully all will be well at milennium's end. Luciano showed me how to play a cd and be on the web simultaneously. Tomorrow, y'all. FF
Old 10-08-2012, 07:29 PM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

ff, i'm happy you had a great time! :-) i do wish your earth brother could have found a different way to be supportive...i think most people simply do not understand the struggle - and yes, they care about us and mean well, but sometimes don't realize that the words they choose to express that concern are important...he loves you, but doesn't realize how hard you have been working at this and that sometimes it takes patience to see results - that you have to weather some short-term "ups" to get to the long-term "downs"...

my brother said something similar to me some years ago and it hurt...luckily, i kept my head on straight and simpy tried to use it as motivation...i still use the memory of those words sometimes to make me feel better about how far i've come...you can do the same thing...

btw, take it easy on those legs for the next few days...
Old 10-09-2012, 02:03 AM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

FF, so sorry about the hamstring. I agree with Tony, take it easy for afew days and let it heal up. No climbing the stairs at the hospital! Good for sticking to your guns and eating on plan with no seconds. I have never watched the movie "Fat Head" but I see people on this forum say to get their well meaning families to watch it to understand the science behind the low carb woe. The movie is free.

Marilee, what a sweet expression on this photo of Holly. She is darling!

Tony, you will probably be at the hospital all day. Our thoughts continue to be with you and your brother.

Yesterday wasn't too bad. Some chicken, ground beef, a one minute muffin cooked in a flat pan then cut in half to make two slices of sandwich bread. Not bad. I cooked an extra one and have a chicken salad sandwich to bring for lunch.

My sister, brother and I spent more time drinking coffee and chatting than actually working at Mom's yesterday. The furnace is acting up so brother will check on that. We did give it a once through so feel good about that. It was older sister's birthday so I called her at work and had a quick but nice chat. Today is daughter's birthday so will be calling her sometime. Sent her a KC candle plus money for present. She can see her mother's handiwork. lol

Have a good day all and Tony, let us know how everything went if you get a chance!
Old 10-09-2012, 06:07 AM   #52

TODAY IS MY LAST DAY OFF.

i have 2 of my mom's walkers. i do not mind relying on it, but people will think i am 2 FAT to stand and walk. I am not in the mood for bkfst type food, so i will wait till lunchtime and get a large chef salad. FF
Old 10-09-2012, 04:17 PM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

hi guys, good news, as my brother had a benign tumor in his colon which was successfully removed today...so, all is well...thanks for your kind thoughts...

abi, sounds like a good menu to me...i think it is so nice how you and your siblings get along and help each other :-) that's a tribute to all of you, and also to your mom and dad...

ff, sorry you are having trouble walking...hope you feel better in the a.m...how are you feeling today, otherwise?

ate pretty well today: didn't eat anything til about 3:30, then it was a plum...at 5 i had a nice salad with acv and evoo and i just finished two hot dogs smothered with assorted condiments...

my hip has been more sore the last couple of days - not sure if it connected to the blood donation...gonna try to drink a lot of water tonight and see if that helps...maybe i am dehydrated...

hope everyone is having a great tuesday night!
Old 10-09-2012, 05:06 PM   #54

Tony, perhaps it is sore owing to the PT.

although, I am not a Dr., & I don't play one on TV, my guess is that it is not as a result of the blood donation, unless they stuck the needle in your hip (ouch, sorry). I forgot to mention that THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THE WEEKEND was that i was able to fasten the seatbelt in my (earth)brother's car, w/o inhaling, or holding anything else in. I only had one meal today...lunch. That was at 1 PM-1 large shrimp and broc(no cornstarch, flour, or sugar), and a large order of ribs(no bbq sauce). I was in the house all day, the environment which is most susceptable to off plan eating. Also, my hamstring is noticeably improved since this a.m. This is really becoming the most productive blitz for us all. Let us keep up the good spirits. FF
Old 10-10-2012, 02:44 AM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, so thankful your brother's tumor was benign! Great news!

FF, also great news about the seat belt in your brother's car. I think this is going to be a great blitz although yesterday was the pits for me. Trying again today to stay on the wagon.

Turning in my job application today. Wish me luck. They hired two more seasonal people yesterday. Maybe they will do that for me. At least that way I have my foot in the door.

Bringing some ground beef with a dollup of victoria's marinara sauce for lunch and some pork rinds for break. I also bring 3 cups of coffee with cream that I brew at home and reheat in the microwave for lunch and my two breaks.

Running a little behind today and still have to do some things around the house.

Marilee, FF and Tony have a wonderful Wed!

Last edited by Abigale; 10-10-2012 at 02:45 AM..
Old 10-10-2012, 04:16 AM   #56

sounds like a plan, Abi.

best of luck with the job application. Kudos on the Victoria marinara sauce. You ARE allowed to improvise. I always add extra garlic, oregano, and hot pepper flakes in the cold weather. Back to work and structure. I am as hungry as a horse, but will avoid eating any hay. I keep forgetting that i am boxes of Dreamfields pasta in the house. It is still too warm in the house for cooking, and it is gonna warm up ths weekend on the outside. Mayhaps by January, I will be able to resume. FF
Old 10-10-2012, 06:32 AM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

good luck, abs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...and happy belated birthday to your sister and daughter!...sounds like you are eating well during the day - you must be struggling at night?...good luck having one good day today... :-)

ff, sounds like you are really on track now...congrats on the seat belt...your earth-bro won't recognize you by thanksgiving!...

woke up very sore - took two aspirin and applied some ice and i am going to force myself to do both exercise regimens as i have taken the last two days off and do not want to go any longer than that...i have my pre-op tests on friday and am hoping to be more mobile...

ff, i was wondering if giving 2 units of blood along with blood for labs in the same week may have depleted me of some fluids that help the joint?...maybe not...three things have changed this week 1) haven't had an in-office pt session, 2) spent hours sitting in uncomfortable hospital chairs with my brother, and 3) donated blood twice...who knows?...lol...

hope everyone has a great day...marilee, where are you?
Old 10-10-2012, 07:29 AM   #58

i may be going to ATLANTIC CITY on Saturday.

IF hamstring improves by then. I really want to walk the boardwalk. although it is going to be warmer this weekend, it will not be summery. And you know what? If I perspire, then i perspire. There is also the isolated chance I might win something. For bkfst this a.m. I had 1 hbe(with 1 tsp mayo) with some salad fixins' on 2 slices of my lc toast. I will have the other 1/2 of the salad platter at lunch. FF
Old 10-10-2012, 09:34 AM   #59
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm here but real busy....no time to report in. I'll touch base at lunch.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:39 PM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

wow, marilee, you guys eat lunch late out there!

ff, you're a pip!

my brother is doing great - even walked around today...

i made burgers tonight - boy, were they good!!!

Last edited by tony8; 10-10-2012 at 05:40 PM..
Closed Thread