Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 06:56 AM   #541
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
just came back from a beautiful breakfast.....

just took some black coffee. AND I lied like a cheap rug. I said my stomach was tied up in knots, and stuck around just long enough not to be rude. If i had tasted one thing, I would have tasted it all, and not merely just a taste. I am feeling even better now for resisting. One does what it takes to get by in this wicked world. FF

Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2012, 09:01 AM   #542
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
No Tony, I don't think you want to see that just yet. My shimmies look more like an earthquake at this point. But it is exercise that I am enjoying so that is what counts. I have bargained with myself that if I get my cardio in at least a few times a week then I can do the fun stuff a few times a week.
Without really noticing I have fallen back into the IF method. My life is so hectic that at least during the week I end up doing more of the fast five style rather than the JUDDD style because I am too busy during the day to really sit down and eat. We shall see if it is benefiting me soon enough.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:06 AM   #543

hungry now...but i have to keep my lie consistent.

Fortunately I have George Costanza as a guide. I have plenty of liquids to tide me over till this evening. I believe i will have some white turkey slices on a lc bagel with tomato and some mayo for dinner. I can actually have 2 lc bagels (spaced a few hours apart)as my carb total for the day (incl the tomato slices)will not exceed 15 grams. I still have to deal with gift wrapping. I will do 1 a day throughout the week, so that my nerves do not get the better of me. I wish Macy's had kept their gift wrapping dept. It was worth the extra expense once a year, to have them look so beautiful under the tree. FF
Old 12-18-2012, 02:34 AM   #544
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Well, lcf won't let me on their site at the moment. I did read a couple of posts from FF last night. It sounds like you are having some major computer problems FF. What a big aggravation that is! Hope Luciano can get it worked out and it won't cost you an arm and a leg! Hate you are going to have to use your April opera money to get it fixed. How was your turkey sandwich on a bagel for dinner last night?

Artemis, you are always so faithful to your workouts no matter how you are feeling. I think your plan for a couple of cardios in a week and then do the fun stuff is a great idea!

Marilee and Tony, hope you two are ok. Missed you yesterday. We always worry when we don't hear from you!

I managed to make it to work yesterday without slipping and sliding. The roads had not been salted or sanded and my route takes me up and down curvy hills. It was white knuckles all the way. lol And this is just the beginning.

Had tuna salad yesterday on a bed of luttuce, pot roast, a carrot, 1/4 of an onion, pork skins and dip. It was rough at work. The guy that brings the donuts every thurs. brought a box of cupcakes and a bag of cookies. Managed not to help myself.

Scale is doing the up and down thing again. Not too concerned. Just water retention. I am still in ketosis.

Have a great Tuesday all!
Old 12-18-2012, 04:37 AM   #545

just wanted to sleep...sleep.....sleep

forced myself to make it in this a.m. Frankly, I searched down deep, and there was nothing. As George says: "it's not a lie, if YOU believe it". I could not convince myself, so i am here. What is my reward? I lost my classical station. My little Sony portable has let me down. At least i can play my CDs on the company computer. I did NOT have turkey last night. I forgot to get tomato. I will get a container of tomato slices at the cafeteria later, and write a BIG NOTE not to forget to take it home. They carved the turkey slices from a real turkey breast, not from one of those pre-formed things. It smelled really great. I am going to enjoy dinner. F-FIFTY NINE days to go-F
Old 12-18-2012, 02:05 PM   #546
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
hey guys, i lost a day yesterday!!!...i thought i had been on here and posted!...things are so hectic, that i am losing track of time...

all is well - the infection seems to be improving - had to send a photo to my doc yesterday and he wants another on friday...i finish my anti-biotics tomorrow...i start in-office PT tomorrow, so i am looking forward to that...felt like i tweaked something in my hip yesterday when i tried walking without the walking stick so i used one crutch today and that feels better...i don't think it's anything serious, but i'll see what the PT says tomorrow...

great to have emmy home...making her beef stew tonight which she loves...

my building's roof was leaking today into the gym...had a roofing contractor come out a couple of weeks ago and he gave me a price to rejuvenate the entire roof - it's big and to do everything will be in the $25,000 range...i knew it was gonna need work - in fact, i thought it might need to be replaced which they estimate at $45-75K...they think repairs will get me another 10 years, so i am leaning that way...ouch!

ff, a new laptop will only cost you a few hundred dollars and then you should have no problems for a while...good to see you are still on track...

artemis, i love female earthquakes...lol...your fitness plan makes perfect sense!

abs, congrats on maintaining your weight and willpower...when you make it to goal, you'll have to stick around and coach the rest of us... :-)

marilee, happy you are feeling better...is that photo one of your tree?...wow, it's beautiful!...

gotta run for a bit...see y'all in a bit...

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 12-18-2012, 06:11 PM   #547
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Hi all....I'm here. Haven't had much to report.

Tony, that is my sister's tree. She sent me photos of it since I won't be there in person. I didn't decorate this year, as I'm having my house professionally cleaned on the 26th and the decorations would be in the way. I miss them - I am a Christmas freak. Oh, well, I'll go overboard next year.

I'm not on plan - too many goodies at work and my will power has waned. They've been around for over two weeks now and we keep getting more. Heck, I can say no for a day or two, but this long? Ain't gonna happen. However, when I can I'm eating VLC - for example for dinner tonight I had fried smoked pork butt and eggs. I hadn't had anything sweet in my system for over two hours so I should be ok. If anything, I feel better. I'm actually getting sick of the sweets and may be able to start saying no. Then, there's the nuts and the fruit

Take care - talk to all of you tomorrow.

Marilee
Old 12-19-2012, 12:25 AM   #548
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, glad all is ok with you. Sorry about having to get the roof fixed but happy you can go with the 10 year fix. It is amazing we can take pictures of medical problems and send them into our Dr.s. I bet that beef stew was delicious. Our pot roast has been too. We have had it 3 nights in a row now. That is a record for DH. Usually he is good for 2 meals the most. I guess because he made it he has more incentive. It is alot of work to peal all those veggies.

FF, sorry you forgot your tomato. It is great you could get fresh sliced turkey. I really do not like deli meat. Nothing like the real thing.

Gibby, your sister's tree is lovely. I thought all this time that it was an online seasonal avitar! I feel for you with all the goodies at work. Thank goodness there is not much of that going on in the plant but I bet there is in the office. I can remember the 11 years I worked in the corrugated box plant office. If the staff wasn't bringing junk in our customers were sending it in. Do the best you can and keep eating the vlc when you get a chance. Hopefully you will get very tired soon of the carbage!

Scale dipped back to the low of the other day. I'm happy. Had tuna salad on lettuce, pot roast, a carrot, pork skins and dip, coffee with cream and 1 tb of coconut oil yesterday. Tony, I am determined to get to goal next blitz but I know from experience being at or near goal is harder sometimes than trying to get there. Believe me, if I ever do get there I am never planning on leaving my beloved Blitz Family!

Have a wonderful Wed. Blitzers!
Old 12-19-2012, 04:36 AM   #549

is not a laptop subject to the same problems a desktop has?

the computer was ready yesterday...but my wallet was not. I have to go to the bank first. I will have it Thursday evening. It is too embarassing to say what i have to shell out. anyway i am here, and the turkey was delicious. The first thing i will do in the kitchen after i retire is make a turkey breast. When i come back from Jersey on the 25th, I am makiong turley wings. I must say, I do them beautifully. They are too big(the ones I get) to make in the Ronco, I do them in the roasting oven. I will come back a little later. i have not read the preceding posts. Yes, i can be quite self-centered, but you guys are family (not in the will, but still family)F-58 days to go-F
Old 12-19-2012, 05:09 AM   #550

all caught up.

yes, Abi..."the nearer your destination...the more you're slip sliding away"(Paul Simon, i believe).YOU WILL get there!!! Tony, don't call Luciano for your repairs. He will fix it fine, but three weeks after, you will have to do it all over again for $25,000. I hate to bad- mouth him. he is a rather charming fellow. I am trying to work out a connection with the tech support people where i work, for a less expensive solution, AFTER I retire. Gibby, I was thinking of getting a white tree next year for my STAR TREK Christmas tree ornaments. That picture confirmed my decision. It is a pity they have not created a Ferenghi ornament. If anything belongs at the top of the tree he certainly does. FF
Old 12-20-2012, 02:31 AM   #551
Major LCF Poster!

Can't get on the lcf site again this morning so I am writing this blind. Hope everyone had a great day yesterday!

I am down a couple of oz. this morning. Yesterday I had egg salad on bed of lettuce, pot roast, one carrot, pork skins and dip and coffee with cream.

Tomorrow is our Christmas pot luck lunch. I sure hope someone brings something I can eat. I am not. I am making a dessert. It is simple to make and usually people like it and it does not have to be kept hot or reheated in the microwave. I always hate having to warm things up at these luncheons.

Ok, I finally got on. Hi FF! That white tree is really beautiful isn't it. I remember earlier on when you were cooking up those turkey wings alot. I bet that crispy skin is sooo delicious! I could live on chicken skin, turkey skin or crispy pork fat!

Well, need to get some things done before I hit the road. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 12-20-2012, 04:24 AM   #552

i will try!

i just sent my boss back my 1st qtr 2013 vacation request form with NO requests. I even waived my seniority status. I will take days as the need arises based on staffing needs. Does that sound like someone about to retire or not? Weather here (for today, anyway)is clear and crispy. I hope i can say the same on July 4th. Today is McD night on a lc bagel. As soon as I get back from (earth) bro and sis-in-law the evenng of Dec 25, i shall be doing ATKINS 72 (as much of it as i can remember)until Feb 15. I am already in a Christmassy frame of mind, and i do confess that within limits, I am getting a tad liberal in my choice of foods. Food cheers me, but i will NOT let it rule me. F-57 days to go-F
Old 12-20-2012, 07:32 AM   #553

i almost forgot- the Mayans.

If the world IS ending tomorrow...low carb is off the platter. I will satop by the Russian bakery which is just a hop, skip, and jump from McD, and get me something unpardonably wicked with which to snuff my snout as I am departing from the time/space continuum. It has been a joy knowing all of you. If the Mayans were wrong (and i hope they were), I will talk to y'all tomorrow, and be very forgiving of myself for the high carb endulgence. Oh, btw...winter begins 12/21/12 6:12 a.m. eastern time. Smile glued to my face for the next 90 days. FF
Old 12-20-2012, 05:17 PM   #554
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

guys, i think i lost another day!...i am running around like a chicken with my head cut off and am completely losing time...i had to check the dates on the posts three times to believe i had been missing again yesterday...

had my first in-office, post-surgery pt appt. yesterday and have another tomorrow...everything but the muscles they cut in my right hip are strong, but it will take some time to build those up to where i can walk without the ridiculous limp i have now, when i am not using a cane or crutch...i have been walking without one around the house and with one everywhere else...

happy to see everyone is hanging in there...abi, it is amazing that you are maintaining near your "low" during this holiday season - i am so proud of you...

ff, i hope you are stuffing your face with goodies when the world ends tomorrow...

marilee, just do the best you can for the rest of this month - and set your sights on renewed determination in january...maybe just try to limit the damage to where you are at now, so you don't have to lose pounds you haven't gained yet... :-)

eggplant and chicken parm tonight - yummy...skipped breakfast and lunch which is bad...i need to get on a better eating schedule...

hope everyone has a great night!
Old 12-21-2012, 02:30 AM   #555
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, we all go through those "chicken with our heads cut off" periods. lol I have always used that expression. We actually had chickens at one point as I was growing up and I have a very vivid picture in my mind when I say it! Someday when we ever get to meet I will tell you a story about it.

Glad the pt reassured you that what you are going through with standing on that leg is just normal. Just alot of healing ahead for you. In afew months you will be walking with no limp and all will be normal again!

FF, it is the 21st all over the world right now and so far so good. I actually had looked at the international time clock once to see if there was a time that the world was all on the same day and it was 5am eastern time. Hope you enjoyed your carby treat! When I fly I always am tempted to eat off plan stuff and usually do. I am a little afraid of flying and figure if we go down I'd rather have something delicious as my last meal. lol

I was surprised to see it snowing when I took Bama out at 2:30am. Hope the roads are ok. We got about 2 inches.

I made my dessert to take to the Christmas pot luck today and it is out in the car getting set up. We will do the "dirty santa" gift opening. Have you all done that before and maybe called it something different? It is alot of fun!

Hope you all have a wonderful day! I will check back later since I will be getting off work early. Below is picture of my youngest grandchild. DD had put it on her facebook yesterday. I don't know who owns this rabbit but his name is Leo and he is lionhead rabbit. I had never heard of them before. Cute!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Abigale and Leo the lionhead rabbit.jpg (34.9 KB, 1 views)
Old 12-21-2012, 04:11 AM   #556
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ok, not losing a day today!

abs, your granddaughter is soooo cute, as is the rabbit...i had a pet rabbit in college named chippy - he was house trained and a netherland dwarf and very cute...and he was a chick-magnet...haha!

have to run out to meet the roofing contractor to address some leaks in the building's roof - fun, then a pt appt and then ???...i have done almost no shopping...ugh!

hope everyone has an awesome last day :-)
Old 12-21-2012, 04:30 AM   #557

okay...the Mayans were wrong (so far)

I was so busy yesterday trhat i did not have time to endulge in a carby treat. whatever happens carbwise between now through Dec 25 will come to a screeching halt when i get home the evening of Dec 25. FOOD ties in with celebration, and i do not apologize for how I feel. That does not mean I have to eat until it comes out of every orifice. I brought a big box of cookies to celebrate winter. It is for the office. I cannot say I will not have 1 or 2. I have a few rugelach at home to enjoy with coffee during the Sat opera matinee. So, HAPPY FRIDAY & HAPPY WINTER to HEWMONS and EXTRA-TERRESTRIALS alike. Computer is back, and I listened to Handel's Messiah on my classical radio station. Sun at 10am, eastern time is Bach's Christmas Oratorio. i will do the presents wrapping over the course of the weekend. I got the dogs ptresents too. My (earth)brother assured me that they were nice, not naughty. More later! F-56 days to go-F
Old 12-21-2012, 05:40 AM   #558
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
Tony, I know what you mean about running around, I think I lost a few days there!

Today is my last day at work then I am going home in the morning to spend Christmas with my family until the new year. So I don't have to be back until Jan 2 yippee! I have found that working out right before bed helps with my insomnia. I did an hour of Zumba last night and then passed right out. My goal is to work out every day while I'm home and drink lots of water and keep an eye on my calories. I will not go crazy on the holiday treats but I'm not going to deprive myself either. The holidays are meant to be enjoyed within reason.

Wishing you all a great holiday!
Old 12-21-2012, 07:33 AM   #559

wonderful plan, Artemis

i wished i had the energy to work out. I know i do not have it even a fraction of the intensity of work that you have. Perhaps, after i retire, i will be able to create a gradual program of physical activity. Also, except for walking, i LOATHE exercise. So, lest i forget later,in all the excitement, let me wish all the BLITZERS a very Merry Christmas. We will most certainly talk again before the New Year, unless a Mayan calendar recalculation is discovered. F-35 more minutes to world end if they are right-F
Old 12-21-2012, 10:12 AM   #560

i am having 3 small cookies.

damn! they are SO GOOD! Why is it so many of our LCFs have lost their taste for sweets and starches....but not this old troll. FF
Old 12-21-2012, 12:58 PM   #561
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, i think we're trying to convince ourselves we've lost our taste for sweets! :-)

artemis, your plan makes complete sense - and i agree that we should enjoy the holidays within reason...i try to remember that i will have to lose whatever i gain, not that the reminder helps all the time...hope you have a great stretch of home-time with your family!

had my second in-office pt session today...i was able to pedal a bike machine for the first time in several years!...wow, i was so excited over something so simple...feels like i am getting stronger every day!

hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 12-22-2012, 02:27 AM   #562
Major LCF Poster!

Well, I survived the Christmas luncheon! yea! I had green salad, pulled pork that was cooked with some peppers with a little bite, afew little smokie sausages, a couple of bites of hot dog, one kfc chicken leg, some bites of pepperoni and cheese and a couple of blt tomatoes. I had plenty to eat but did not stuff myself. Those blt tomatoes were very good. Someone had taken small tomatoes, like golf ball size, scooped them out and then filled them with a mixture of lettuce, mayo, and chopped up cooked bacon. They were delicious!

I am able to get into some jeans I used to wear last year and the muffin top is definitely deflated some!

Tony, riding the exercise bike sounds like great exercise for your hip. I can imagine how happy that made you feel to something you have not been able to do for years.

Artemis, have a safe trip home, a great visit with the family and a very Merry Christmas!

FF, enjoy the Sat. opera matinee! So glad Luciano got your computer fixed!

I am trying to get motivated to give the house a good cleaning today. Marilee, can you send over the team that will be doing your house? lol Then I may drive up to Walpole to visit one of my sisters. She said she and her DH may come for breakfast tomorrow but I would rather also have some one on one chat.

Saw a recipe that looked good the other day here on lcf. It has brocolli, eggs, cheddar cheese, mayo, onions and optional mushrooms. May give it a try later. I will let you know what I think of it.

Will check back later! Have a great Sat. Blitzers!
Old 12-22-2012, 02:28 AM   #563
Major LCF Poster!

Well, I survived the Christmas luncheon! yea! I had green salad, pulled pork that was cooked with some peppers with a little bite, afew little smokie sausages, a couple of bites of hot dog, one kfc chicken leg, some bites of pepperoni and cheese and a couple of blt tomatoes. I had plenty to eat but did not stuff myself. Those blt tomatoes were very good. Someone had taken small tomatoes, like golf ball size, scooped them out and then filled them with a mixture of lettuce, mayo, and chopped up cooked bacon. They were delicious!

I am able to get into some jeans I used to wear last year and the muffin top is definitely deflated some!

Tony, riding the exercise bike sounds like great exercise for your hip. I can imagine how happy that made you feel to do something you have not been able to do for years.

Artemis, have a safe trip home, a great visit with the family and a very Merry Christmas!

FF, enjoy the Sat. opera matinee! So glad Luciano got your computer fixed!

I am trying to get motivated to give the house a good cleaning today. Marilee, can you send over the team that will be doing your house? lol Then I may drive up to Walpole to visit one of my sisters. She said she and her DH may come for breakfast tomorrow but I would rather also have some one on one chat.

Saw a recipe that looked good the other day here on lcf. It has brocolli, eggs, cheddar cheese, mayo, onions and optional mushrooms. May give it a try later. I will let you know what I think of it.

Will check back later! Have a great Sat. Blitzers!
Old 12-22-2012, 06:29 AM   #564

so glad everyone seems to be doing well.

Tony, that is very substantial improvement...the pedaling that is. Although, in another sense, I hope I will not have to do any PEDDLING, once I am retired, just to pay trhe rent and futilities. The big expense will be electricity when the warm weather returns. TODAY, is the 1st day I NEEDED to wear my fluffy navy blue robe. I am waiting for the water to boil for my lc hot chocolate. It's gonna be a great in-house day. FF
Old 12-22-2012, 05:41 PM   #565
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, you sound so cozy!...when do you go to your earth brother's home and how long will you stay?...

abs, great job at the luncheon!...and congrats on last year's jeans :-) did you make it to walpole?...

today is my oldest son's 28th birthday, which means this is the day i became a dad!...we just got back from the chinese buffet which is where he picked for dinner and we will have cake in a bit and give him his present - i got him a laptop as his broke down a few months ago...

feeling pretty good...walked around more today without a crutch - ran an errand in cvs with no aid at all...i was walking with a limp, but not that terrible...later i was limping more but i think it's good for my recovery to work those muscles...

hope y'all are having a great day!
Old 12-23-2012, 02:52 AM   #566
Major LCF Poster!

FF, you certainly did sound cozy in your fluffy blue robe drinking hot chocolate! Hope you really enjoyed your in house day!

Tony, good going on the walking without the crutch. It makes sense to work those muscles even with some pain. I have a good friend in Alabama who has had both knees replaced and both shoulders operated on for muscle tears, impingements and rotator cuff. She has had to go through some pretty painful therapy but she always does it gung ho and appears to recover very quickly.

Yes, I did make it to Walpole and had a nice visit with sister and bil. They plan to come down this morning and meet us at the backside for breakfast.

I did make the brocolli casserole yesterday and it was ok. A little bland. It seems when I cook anything with cheese, once it is cooked it loses that really cheesy flavor. Maybe when I make it again I will not put the second cup of sharp cheddar on top to be baked but sprinkle it on as I eat it. The one thing I did like was with 3 eggs in it, once they were mixed with the mayo I couldn't taste anything eggy ( which I really don't like that much)

Finally figured out one of the presents for DH. He is very hard to shop for and really does not need a thing. I am getting him a have a heart for squirrels at Agway after breakfast this morning. The 6 fat ones that are eating all our bird seed and suet are driving him crazy. lol He mentioned last week he wanted to get one and drop them off at the elks where they feed them peanuts from the deck. Just like big kids!

Hope Marilee, Artemis and Vicki are having a nice holiday break!
Old 12-23-2012, 06:58 AM   #567

i was cozy.

unfortunately, this year, the performance was a condensed version and in English, so I buried my sorrows in a Star Trek movie marathon. I shall be leaving Mon morning, and coming back Tuesday late afternoon, or early evening. Wed will be raining all day, a perfect opportunity to toss some more vhs tapes. A sad necessity. I hope everyone enjoys their Yuletide. By, coincidence, my late (earth)dad's birthday is also Dec 25th. F-54 days to go-F
Old 12-23-2012, 11:09 AM   #568
Major LCF Poster!

FF, have a very Merry Christmas in case you head out to your earth brother's house in the morning before getting on the computer. Sorry the performance was not worth watching but know you loved the Star Trek movie marathon!
Old 12-23-2012, 06:51 PM   #569
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey dude, i watched "first contact" and "wrath of khan" yesterday too!... :-) hope you enjoy the holiday visit with your earth family...

abi, i can't believe you don't like eggs!...btw, what did you have for breakfast this morning?...haha!

good day today - was out shopping with dw...still have more to do tomorrow...going to my sister's in loudon for xmas eve which is about an hour north of us...i've decided that along with some other things, i am going to give her my generator for xmas - it only has a few hours on it and they have been talking about getting one...

didn't eat all day and then had calzone fillings for dinner...

hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 12-23-2012, 07:20 PM   #570

Gallery: Jennifer
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: on and off, up and down since 1/30/07
Hi!

Can I join you all?

I know it is just about the end of Blitz XI, but I have been so out of control eating-wise that I have got to do something NOW, and you all seem like a motivated (and motivating!) group.

I'm not going to put too much pressure on myself since it is the holidays, but if I can just stay binge free for the next week it will be better than I've been doing for the past 3 months.

Today was only my 11th binge free day since 9/28/12; so 75 days of binging in the past 86 days. I'm staying off of the scale until 1/1/13, but I estimate I have gained 25-30 lbs during that time
Closed Thread