Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 04:35 AM   #511
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
i am very impressed at the winter averages, Gibby

i will monitor Phoenix weather on the weather channel. who knows. perhaps after new years 2014, you might have a guest from another planet. You can put me below in the fruit cellar with Norman Bate's mom. I will do the dishes and the chores, and if I am really good, i WILL NOT sing. there is no better deal than that. I actually could not wait to get to work today. I regret i will have to put off Christmas shopping till Friday after work. I must do a laundry. I am getting so cocky that my clothing is looser, that i keep forgetting that i am still physically week, and cannot do it all in one lump sum. Then, on the way to work, I was struck by a thunderbolt (figuratively). I left my FAYGO chocolate soda at home! Oh, Lordy, what am I gonna do? Well, the Gods were merciful. There was one in the fridge at work. Now i can face the rest of the day with courage, and a large iced coffee. Right now, i have Richard Strauss' opera SALOME with Montserrat Caballe in the title role, conducted by Erich Leinsdorf on the computer. Most people are familiar with about 10 minutes of this work, namely the dance of the 7 veils. But, it comes much later in this 1 Act piece. F-65-days to go-F

Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2012, 06:10 AM   #512
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/229.4/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
you underestimated me, my dear...haha...i've been lurking around here every morning just waiting for you to slip up...

furnace guy did a good job - he was here ALL day and it cost about $1100...today the new carpet gets installed...they should be here any minute...my boys emptied the basement family room into the pod, stripped out the old rug, tore up the old subfloor and scrubbed the floor with bleach to kill the mold that was under there - it was less than i thought there would be actually as we had a couple of times the carpet got soaked...they also re-painted all the walls...when the/ new carpet is installed, it will be a brand new room...

now that the room looks so nice, we may have to put some new furniture in it....hmmm...

had a steak tip for breakfast and may have some yogurt in a bit...let's have a great day blitzers!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 12-12-2012, 10:51 AM   #513

reading your post, Tony...

is like watching an episode of THIS OLD HOUSE, on PBS. You and the kids are very talented and capable. Perhaps you could do house remakes as a sideline. You could make a fortune. btw, what kind of tip did the steak give you, Winning lotto #s? FF
Old 12-12-2012, 11:42 AM   #514
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.6/332.6/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 11/11/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatferenghi View Post
btw, what kind of tip did the steak give you, Winning lotto #s? FF
Old 12-12-2012, 11:59 AM   #515
Major LCF Poster!

okay, i think ff and marilee are joining forces as a new comedy team... :-)
Old 12-12-2012, 12:49 PM   #516

we are just getting warmed up, Tony!

getting serious though, The world just lost a giant-Ravi Shankar. He was 92. Now he will be playing his sitar for the gods. I was priviledged to attend some of his concerts when i was young. I met him backstage. a very charming fellow. he will be missed. I still play his recordings from time to time. Tonight will be one of those times. FF
Old 12-12-2012, 01:03 PM   #517
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I think the beef tip was to eat more chicken.....

ff, I noticed the loss of Ravi Shankar. I always think of George Harrison when I hear Ravi Shankar's name. I was a Beatlemaniac "back in the day" and George was my favorite.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:49 PM   #518
Major LCF Poster!

haha, marilee, well it didn't work cuz i ate the last beef tip today :-)

ravi was a few years before my time although i do remember that the beatles hung out with a sitar player...i was born in '59, so they split before i was a teenager...
Old 12-12-2012, 09:06 PM   #519
Major LCF Poster!

hmmmm...it's 12:06 on thursday....looks like i beat abi again ;-)
Old 12-13-2012, 01:31 AM   #520
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
No fair Tony staying up past midnight to beat me here! lol

This morning my computer screen said that adobe flash drive was crashing and then screen by screen it all went black. I restored the computer with a menu that popped up and then reinstalled adobe flash drive. So all is working at the moment. Need to look at a new computer in a hurry I think.

Marilee and FF, you both got me to laughing with your beef tips!

We spent the day yesterday doing inventory preparations. It was a nice change.

Still in ketosis and bouncing around between two pounds depending on how much sodium or carbs I have. I had chicken salad on lettuce, pork skins with dip and coffee with cream yesterday. You see how I get on a kick and eat the same stuff every day until I get sick of it. lol I have enough leftover chicken for 1 or 2 meals left then I will move on to something else.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Last edited by Abigale; 12-13-2012 at 01:33 AM..
Old 12-13-2012, 03:55 AM   #521
Major LCF Poster!

abi, okay, so i cheated a little...how bout if i take a nap at 10 and wake up at 12:15?...does that count?...lol...btw, i think your monotonous food choices are working!...haha!...

meeting my tenant at the building this morning and have a few errands to run...i will explain later!
Old 12-13-2012, 05:00 AM   #522

woke up late this a.m.

i used to be a morning person. My body thinks it is a retiree, already. I am slowly advancing to 12/13/12. I hope I will get there before 12/14/12. Ordinarily, Thursday eves are McD evenings by virtue of the fact that they are across the street from the bank. For a change, i am not in a burger mood. I may walk over to the diner, 8 blocks away. Listening now to a birthday performance of Beethoven's opera Fidelio at the Met on 2/13/60, conducted by Karl Boehm, with Birgit Nilsson in the title role. Listen closely and you may hear.As long as it is not loud, I am allowed to listen while working. F-64 days to go-F
Old 12-14-2012, 02:37 AM   #523
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, we are anxious to hear about your new tenant. Boy, that didn't take long to get back in the swing of things! No, it does not count to take a nap and then post at 12:15am. lol

FF, did you walk the 8 block to the diner or get the burgers across from the bank?
We were back running on the "small candle line" yesterday. Much prefer that to counting supplies for inventory.

Holding steady on the weight and still in ketosis. Chicken, mayo and lettuce yesterday, pork skins with dip, coffee with cream. Today free lunch will be make your own sandwich. I will have rare roast beef, thin sliced turkey, some lettuce, mayo and a slice of tomato. I think I may pack some newman's olive oil and vinegar dressing to put on my plate of meat and lettuce. That will perk it up!

Have a wonderful Friday Blitzers!
Old 12-14-2012, 04:29 AM   #524

NEITHER, Abi

i ate from what was in the house. I divided my dinner into 2 equal parts, each comprised of 1/2 of the contents of a 3 oz pack of VITA brand wild noval smoked salmon (also known as lox), with a slice of tomato, muenster cheese, and cream cheese on a lc bagel, washed down liberally with water, & diet soda. The 2 bagels were 13 net grams. That is why I needed to separate them (by 3 hours). However, the total gram count for the day was still under 20. My total loss will be determined at the Drs. office on 12/29/12 However, i am not expecting anything dramatic. And, as i WILL be retiring, and on a fixed income, there is a good likelihood that, although i will be following the WW program to a certain extent, I may decide to keep that weekly $14.00 for myself. The better gage for progress is how my clothes fit. I do hope I can get to AC before year end. Tonight is Christmas shopping BK has a an anniversary sale going on. If i still have a shred of energy left, I will get some whoppers to go(bunless)and transplant them to the lc bagels. It is not really the shopping, but the transportation back and forth. I have to go back to the BIG MAN'S STORE tomorrow, for some shirts and jammies. It is located near the mall I am going to tonight. Fortunately, they open at 10 a.m. so, i can get there and back in time for the afternoon opera-VERDI's AIDA. Knowing me, i will probably sleep in, and go Sunday (sigh-in the rain). We shall see. i deliberately did NOT bring any CDs with me today. It will be the "lil ol radio" as Soupy Sales used to say. Any of y'all remember him? Oh...HAPPY FRIDAY!!! F-63 days to go-F
Old 12-14-2012, 06:38 AM   #525
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey everybody. Just a quick post - leaving the office in under 2 hours to go to the Wrigley Mansion and set up for our Christmas party.

I'll check in later today or tomorrow.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:23 AM   #526

dadGUM it, Gibby...

I was hoping we had time to CHEW over the latest. Actually, i love helping out with setting up parties EVEN MORE THAN the parties themselves. Enjoy! FF
Old 12-14-2012, 10:57 AM   #527
Major LCF Poster!

hey guys,
was up and out early as i had my dr's appt in boston and guess what?...everything looks great and they relaxed my precautions so i can walk with a cane rather than crutches and get off the cane as soon as i feel i can...i walked a little without anything today already, but i hobble a good bit...my incision has one spot that may be an infected suture so they are putting me on 5 days of antibiotics and if it doesn't get better by monday, they may have to cut me again...keeping my fingers crossed!

i am soooooo happy!
Old 12-14-2012, 12:29 PM   #528

i will keep my fingers crossed, Tony,

that the antibiotics will do the trick. You are making such great progress, it would be such a shame to go back under the knife. I could probably do it for you with a Swiss army knife, some rubbing alcohol and gauze bandage. I was, after all, a Boy Troll (troop 666). You learn a few things. I hope to be home from Christmas shopping by 7pm this evening for Seinfeld. To miss that would be a real shame. Have a great weekend....and BE CAREFUL. FF
Old 12-14-2012, 04:05 PM   #529

Miracles DO happen...from time to time.

I was in and out of that mall in precisely 32 minutes. To be fair, I neglected to get the specialty coffee at the 5 Continents, but there are places closer by, where I can get that. I WILL stay home tomorrow, and go early on Sunday to get my xxxtra large jammies, and 1 or 2 new button down shirts. I guess we all know about the slaughter in the Connecticut elementary school by now. You may read my post on that subject in the PLAYGROUND section of LCF. So, apart of the gift wrapping, it will be a fairly stressless weekend (barring the unforeseen). Enjoy the weekend, y'all! FF
Old 12-15-2012, 04:31 AM   #530
Major LCF Poster!

Dragging my feet this morning. I figured everyone would have posted by now! Making chicken soup from the carcass from earlier in the week. I will be having it with chicken only or maybe afew low carb veggies. If DH wants any I will divide the stock and add what he wants to his.

Tony, sorry about the infection and hope the antibiotics do the trick and you won't have to have it cut on. Wonderful you had a good exam otherwise and can use the cane now! You are moving right along!

FF, Marilee should have known you would have had fun with the Wrigley Mansion location. lol Happy you were so successful with your Christmas shopping!

Marillee, I bet your decorating for the party was beautiful!

The gang at work were given $100.00 gift certificates to The Farm Table restaurant that the candle co. owns. That's the one you have been to Tony. I have never been inside so was wondering if I would get a certificate too. Well the Christmas spirit had kicked in and I did get one! The plant manager did say I was doing a good job and that was why I was still there. He also said he wasn't making any promises but they would see how 2013 goes as far as hiring me. So at least they know I want to get hired. Never knew if the HR guy had even mentioned that I had put my application in. Time will tell.

Had the sandwich fixings as a salad yesterday which worked out well. Also had pork skins and dip and coffee with cream. Forgot to weigh this morning so don't know if the deli meat made me retain water or not.

Plan to do a little Christmas shopping today. Hope you all have a great Saturday all!
Old 12-15-2012, 06:48 PM   #531
Major LCF Poster!

abi, i am so happy that the folks at the candle company remembered you for christmas and recognize your value as an employee...i am betting they offer you a job in 2013...you should be very proud of yourself...i hope this boosts your confidence, girl :-)

ff, 32 minutes has gotta be some kind of record!...and i thought i was quick!...

had a good day...two of my sisters and their families came today for a holiday gathering...it was very nice...made handmade pasta i got from the italian market, and steak tips and marinated chicken breasts...too many desserts but i stayed away except for 1/2 choc chip cookie my niece made...i had a small portion of spaghetti, and then the meat...i was very controlled...

snow possible tomorrow...may have to give the generator a workout, but i hope not!
Old 12-16-2012, 12:45 AM   #532
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, it did build my confidence having them mention the possibility of hiring me after the new year starts. Now those salesmen better get a move on and drum up some good business!

Your day with the family sounded wonderful and what a delicious menu! My brother from Georgia will be up with wife and one son on the 26th for a week. Hoping to have one or two family gatherings then.

Everybody must have been chilling out yesterday.Hope they are all rejuevenated today and we hear from them.

I wasn't in the mood for the soup yesterday. Had some chicken, pork skins and dip, some celery, coffee with cream and one diet soda.

Bought the latest John Grisham book for the man I call my father in law. I will tell him to lend it back to us to read when he finishes it. lol Might as get our money's worth.

I hope brother and sil want to go to the backside restaurant today. I really like atmosphere there and it is 5 min from church.

I will check back later to see what everyone is up to today.
Have a great Sunday Blitzers!

Last edited by Abigale; 12-16-2012 at 12:46 AM..
Old 12-16-2012, 06:44 AM   #533
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
Hey guys! It's been a week or so since I've posted. Lots of long work hours and also getting over a sinus infection. Both of which have taken a toll on my workouts. And, for some reason, I have not wanted the LC foods I typically eat. They just aren't appetizing to me right now. Maybe it's the winter or just being sick?? Makes you want things that are warm and comforting. I haven't weighed in a while, but I don't really feel like I am making as much progress as I could be. Last night I tried to ease back into exercise with a fun workout, bellydancing! I was mostly laughing at myself the whole time. Man, those ladies do not play around...what a workout!
Old 12-16-2012, 08:48 AM   #534
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi all....I've been suffering from a bad cold - so bad I didn't make it to the party - I was very disappointed. BUT, my heart is grieved over the tragedy that happened on Friday. I can't seem to pull myself away from the news.

I'll post more later.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:13 AM   #535
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee, I know what you mean. We all have heavy hearts about this.

So sorry about your bad cold and missing the party after all your effort decorating. Hope you are feeling better today. I should send you some of the chicken soup I made.

Artemis, sorry too about your sinus infection. I don't think chicken soup will help with that but it is warm and comforting! I can imagine you laughing while doing the belly dancing. I would be hysterical trying to do it! I'm afraid I would put something out of kilter and then I would really be in trouble!

We went to the backside Tony and you know me - two scrambled eggs and a side of bacon. I was cold in church and the restaurant was warm. Could have sat there all day drinking hot coffee. It started snowing while we were there. You are probably getting some too. Not much, about 1/2 inch so far. I think it will turn to rain by morning. Just hoping the roads are not slippery. This will be my first trip going in that direction with "iffy" roads.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:49 AM   #536
Major LCF Poster!

Just was reading a new thread by Myles called "ketogenic diet kills cancer". It was a good reminder that I started eating low carb in 2008 to help prevent cancer and alzheimers disease. Here is the link he posted.
Starving Cancer: Ketogenic Diet a Key to Recovery - Health & Science - CBN News - Christian News 24-7 - CBN.com
Old 12-16-2012, 05:59 PM   #537
Major LCF Poster!

these are sad days for our society...my in-laws 40th anniversary party was held in newtown, and it is an idyllic new england town...we need to come together to begin to address the problems that contribute to these tragedies...

abi, happy you got to enjoy your sunday breakfast...we got a little snow today and it is soooo pretty...hope the roads are safe in the morning - be careful!...

artemis, i think you should post a video of your belly-dancing :-) good to see you, girl...hope you are feeling better...

speaking of feeling better, how are you marilee?...i hope the cold is better soon...i always take 1000mg of vitamin c twice a day when i feel a cold coming on and it seems to lessen the severity...

too much stuff around the house today and i've been picking at stuff all day...i think i ate more calories than i have since well before surgery...

i will be starting PT in-office this week and am gonna eat as light as possible between now and christmas...the thing that is stopping me from walking without an aid is the fact that i cannot stand on the operated leg alone...weird - it doesn't hurt when i try, i just can't seem to balance on that leg...must be the muscles i need to use for that were cut...i'm sure they will give me exercises to get that back...

hope everyone is having a good sunday night...
Old 12-16-2012, 07:43 PM   #538
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tony, that is great news about not having to use crutches! I'm praying that you won't have to be cut again and that the infection clears up.

Abi, I wish all we had to do was decorations. Actually, all we had to provide were centerpieces for the 6 tables. What was involved was: picking the venue; selecting the menu items; procuring musical entertainment (we hired a pianist and a guitarist); purchasing favors for each place setting; deciding what game to play that didn't take much action or time; purchasing prizes for the game winners; deciding what our charitable outreach would be this year and then we made a video to show the president of our company and everyone at the luncheon; and....I think that's it. Actually, it was a big job especially when you throw in the Secret Santa activity and the tree decorating party. We've been at it since October. It was fun, but I'm glad I'm exempt from next year.

Abi, I sure hope they hire you full time next year. You deserve it - you are a good worker. As a supervisor for the media department, I value hard-working ethical people and I know you are one of those. I'll be praying that the door opens up for you.

Feeling better - I can actually breathe, which was a challenge.

Take care everyone - I'm heading to bed.

Good night and peace on earth.

Marilee
Old 12-17-2012, 12:27 AM   #539
Major LCF Poster!

Wow Marilee, that was quite a production you had to put on! Now I am even more sorry that you missed it! Glad you are off the hook for next year and glad you can breath now! Thanks for the kind words about getting the job eventually. Wish you were in charge of hiring!

Tony, weird about the standing on the leg with the new hip. That does sound right about having to get those muscles exercised and all healed up. I'm sure the pt has worked with alot of hip replacement patients and will know exactly what exercises to do.

I'm down afew oz this morning from my last low. I am still several pounds from what I was in Sept. when I was doing so well and totally fell off the wagon. Oh well, no use crying over spilled milk. I think my head is on straight now until the finish line. Hoping that will be by the end of our next Blitz! Had bacon, eggs, chicken soup, pork skins and dip, pot roast, one small carrot and 1/2 cooked onion, coffee with cream and 1tb of coconut oil yesterday.

It is kind of raining and sleeting right now. I will call the candle hot line at 5:30 just to make sure they will be open. Remember the morning of Sandy I went to work because nothing was happening and no one was there. lol

FF, I am reading on one thread that some people are finding atkins frozen meals at some walmarts. I checked ours and nothing but went on line and found this info. Maybe shoprite and hannafords will have some in jan.
Atkins Nutritionals introduces Atkins Frozen Meals | Drug Store News

Have a great day Blitzers! If I don't have work today I will check in later!
Old 12-17-2012, 04:32 AM   #540

my work station computer(which lost its abilitiy to play CDs btw)

will be my only contact with y'all from a few days to possibly more than a week. I was listening to the Metopera Broadcast on Sat afternoon, when it seems I nodded off for a few minutes before it began. when I awoke, the computer was dark, and no sound. I went into the living room to listen. Luciano came yesterday. No doubt it will cost me a few hundred to fix. Once I retire, and it goes on me, that is it. I will have to communicate by means of the computer at the Bklyn Public Library. What i will be spending on the computer was the money for the opera tickets to Wagner's Ring. So, I will be listening to it on the radio. F-60 days to go-F
Closed Thread