Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 02:20 PM   #451
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/218.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
abs, let us know how the deep dish pizza/lasagna turns out...i don't blame you for trying to mix things up a bit, you creature of habit!

ff, we have mice as regular visitors in winter here...we set traps and that usually keeps them out/dead/under control...we hear them running in the ceiling at times but they never come in the kitchen, which would be the WORST...they do run across the living room floor once in a while...haven't seen one yet this year, but they are pretty cute :-)

vicki, are you a teacher?...college prof?...good luck on the search!

marilee, happy you stuck your head in here :-) now get back in here!

omg, they just opened a huge italian market/prepared food store nearby...it is UNBELIEVABLE!...it's like they brought the whole north end of boston into one building!...the counter has to be over 100 feet long and has everything from gelato to pastry to sandwiches, to prepared foods like eggplant parm, chicken parm, lasagna, etc to meats to breads to hand made pastas to wines, cheeses...i'll have to stay out of there or i will weigh 800 lbs. by spring! haha

did anyone hear that the psychiatric profession has categorized "binge eating" as a mental illness in its new guidelines?...hmmmm....we're all nuts!!!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185

Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2012, 05:45 PM   #452
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
mice cute?

in nyc, they are filthy loathsome creatures oozing with disease. I am expecting to fall prey to the Hanta virus any minute! But now for some interesting news...Michael Richards will be returning to TV in a new comedy series on TV Land sharing the "little" screen with Kirstie Allie. Will he be able to pull it off? He had been Kramer for 9 years plus 14 years of syndication. I hope he and she do extremely well. Kirstie has always been Lt Saavek to me(ST: THE WRATH OF KHAN). FF
Old 12-04-2012, 06:11 PM   #453
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
I had a migraine for a couple of days but it was finally gone today. So just now getting caught up on all the posts.

Vicki, hope you get the job you are looking for!!

And, yes, FF mice can be very cute especially when they are fat and rolly polly. In my current research we purposely feed ours high fat/high sugar/high calorie diets so they'll gain weight. Obesity looks way better on rodents than it does on humans lol.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:33 AM   #454
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Tony, I made my new version of lc lasagna this morning. Wonder how DH could sleep with the smell of italian sausage wafting from the kitchen? lol It tastes pretty good to me using the sausage and pizza sauce. So I am going to call it lc deep dish pizza from now on!

Vicki, a job in HR sounds pretty challenging to me. Probably just what you are looking for! When the day is done you are done and you can just walk away from it. Not like with teaching where you have to spend alot of extra time preparing lessons and grading papers etc. Let us know what else you are looking into.

FF, my little white mouse/rat avitar with his teddy bear takes exception to you trying to kill off his relatives. lol Actually, we have our share of mice that get into our house every winter also. I have just cleaned out one cabinet under our bathroom sink for our kitties to have better access to where they might be coming in. Every so often I hear them racing around the house during the night and then find their trophy in the morning. We have also used "have a heart" traps and then let them loose a long way from our home.

Marilee, love your warm and cozy Christmas avitar!

Tony, I would be in "hawg" heaven at that Italian market. Yes, better stay away the best you can or go there on a full stomach!

Artemis, so sorry about the 2 day migraine. How is the research coming along? Weren't you working with autoimune diseases?

Need to get some things done around the house now. Hope all the Blitzers have a wonderful Wednesday!

Last edited by Abigale; 12-05-2012 at 03:34 AM..
Old 12-05-2012, 04:03 AM   #455
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abs, i can just imagine you clanging pans at 3:30 a.m. making LC deep dish pizza..haha!...does dh wear earplugs?...

i think if you live in the country in new england, you can expect to have mice...we also do the hav-a-hart traps and take the mice for long rides to release them...or we just snap their heads in a real trap... :-)

man, i called a friend of mine yesterday who does all my hvac work - i've known him for over 20 years and when he answered his cell, he told me he was in a boston hospital battling colon cancer - sheesh...he's younger than i am...he also told me it has spread - i can't believe it...i didn't sleep much last night...
Old 12-05-2012, 05:33 AM   #456

sorry about your friend, Tony.

it doesn't look good for him, if it is spreading. But people do recover even from a malignancy. i have known cases personally. it IS possible. For me, the challenge is staying awake. I was listening to operetta on u tube last night. i even bypassed the 1st 1/2 hour of Seinfeld from 11:00pm to 11:30pm. I guess I know where my priorities truly are. F-72 days to go-F
Old 12-05-2012, 06:41 AM   #457
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
I will keep you guys posted on the job hunt. Part of me thinks that my dissatisfaction and emotional upheaval is all stemming from what I have been eating. I think I have hit a new bottom concerning my weight and how I feel about myself. Maybe this is what I need to take action. I opened up the freezer take out an English muffin, but put them back. Now, hopefully it will continue.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:59 AM   #458
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

vicki, sounds like you are getting motivated!...good for you...my best advice is to get the bad stuff out of the house and replace it with plenty of tasty, healthy choices...it really does help to supplement our willpower by removing the temptation...

ff, where there is life, there is hope, so i'm gonna try to hang onto that, but the road he is on isn't easy...i'm overdue for a colonoscopy - i've never had one...have any of you had one?
Old 12-05-2012, 11:19 AM   #459

i am at least 10 years overdue. i shall not get one.

that is one procedure i want no part of. i would rather have root canal w/o anesthesia. i am sure i am being foolish. but, that is me. I remember my (earth)mom drinking that crap the day before. No siree bob! Last night, i turned off the tv at 8 pm, and was listening and watching some of my fave dearly departed tenors do there thing. My face was moist with joy and sadness. I shall do so again tonight. No food consumption during those hours. FF
Old 12-05-2012, 12:18 PM   #460
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/343.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
I'm with ff - I am not going to have a colonoscopy. I'm way overdue, as well, but don't care.

I've trying to maintain my weight during this holiday season. That's all I can say.

I gave myself a Christmas present - I hired a housecleaning company to clean my house the day after Christmas. Yea. I'm not decorating this year so it will be easier for them to clean. If they do a good job, I am considering a monthly service. What a treat.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:33 PM   #461

it worked out great for me re:housecleaning.

one of the building staff just loves cleaning. i am so used to feeling that i should be doing it, that i perceive some guilt on my part. i practically have to force him to stop to take a coffee break. (i do not even charge him for the coffee). You see what u earth people have done to my impeccable Ferenghi ethics? I even pay the guy. On my world, after we have appropriated all your assets, we chuck you in a labor camp. AND we are not prejudiced regarding race. we have Klingons, Breen, Andorians, Bajorans etal working side by side. Just imagine if you were found guilty! HEWMONS, do not be in too much of a hurry to colonize other worlds. Vicki, I am so hoping the job opportunities come your way soon...good paying ones with benefits. FF
Old 12-05-2012, 03:51 PM   #462
Blabbermouth!!!

I had my first colonoscopy in May, wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:35 PM   #463
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hoping my colonoscopy question has the added benefit of suppressing everyone's appetite!...hahaha!
Old 12-05-2012, 07:01 PM   #464
Blabbermouth!!!

Funny Tony, I am a college professor and I teach first semester nursing students.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:45 PM   #465
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

vicki, are you tired of teaching or just teaching where you are teaching?...might you move to another school?...aren't nursing teachers in very high demand these days?...
Old 12-06-2012, 03:29 AM   #466
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I had a colonoscopy in 2005. Drinking the stuff the day before was the worst. It did not taste bad - it was just the results that were unpleasant. lol The actual scope I was totally out for so piece of cake. DH had one several years ago and they found 5 cancerous polyps. Follow up scope done the next year showed everything ok. He is supposed to go every year but isn't. I would recommend getting at least one done. An ounce of prevention can prevent a pound of cure as they say.

Vicki, for sure when I am eating like a crazy woman I feel depressed and unmotivated. Happy you put the muffin back and hope you can find the woe that you can live with. Basically keeping carbs under 20 and staying away from sweeteners and low carb baked pastries etc. is working for me in a very slow way. But at least in the right direction. As soon as I can make the break with foods that are not basic I start to feel better about myself even if I haven't lost a pound. My younger sister always says,"wherever you go there you are". She feels strongly we have to get ourselves right or just changing our jobs, our homes etc. will not make us happy. I know she is right in my heart.

Marilee, good for you for getting a cleaning lady in. With your knee you don't need to be aggravating it and a clean and neat house makes us all feel so much better and in control of our lives.

Tony, so sorry about your friend battling cancer. It must have been such a shock to you. No wonder you couldn't sleep that night!

We hit a new record on the small line at work. lol I don't know why they feel they need to crazy push everytime I start in a new department at work. On day 3 last summer they decided to try to break the record on the jar line and we did - over 5000 candles. Now on day 3 on the small line they decided to beat the record of running pot pourri of 10,000. Well it was a crazy day but we ran 10,032! Maybe we can get back to normal today!

Maintaining and still in ketosis. Not ready to do anything drastic to try to drop the next pound. Maybe next week if I am still bouncing around the pound I am at right now. Had my lc pizza yesterday, pork rinds and sour cream dip, one diet soda and coffee with cream and 1tb of coconut oil.

Hope you all have a terrific Thursday!
Old 12-06-2012, 05:28 AM   #467

nothing new to report.

Vickie, i did not know you were a university professor. We are, as i am sure you are aware, experiencing a shortage of RNs. I am certain your skills are valuable in every sense of the word, wherever you may teach. F-71 days to go-F
Old 12-06-2012, 07:05 AM   #468
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abs, congrats on the record!...lucy would be proud - i know i am!...

it was definitely a shock and a reminder of how fragile our health is...this guy was always very healthy, worked out, was in great shape...ya just never know - so much is hereditary...tell your hubby to get back in there - having a polyp removed is a heck of a lot better than letting it go...once i recover from this hip thing, i'm gonna schedule mine...

today my youngest son, vincent, turns 17...he lost his ipod to the washing machine a couple of weeks ago, so i think that's what i will get him...he is so cute - his mom went back to work when he started first grade, so i was his mommy when he was little as i would make him breakfast, hang out and drive him to school before i went to work...i wasn't able to do that with the older kids...he is the sweetest, easiest going kid you will ever meet - this kid has NEVER asked for anything in his life...his siblings LOVE him so much and i think they all feel like he is their kid too as they were ages 4 to 11 when he was born and were at the hospital and held him minutes after he was born...

sarah sent him a birthday package yesterday with all kind of gifts and goodies in it - you should have seen the huge smile on his face as he was opening the packages - i think he was happier that his sister remembered him than anything...she picked out some funny, cute gifts and is the only person he lets get away with calling him "cenzi"...

tonight we will go out to dinner and emmy will meet us wherever he chooses to eat...

okay, that's it for now...hope everyone has a great thursday!!!

Last edited by tony8; 12-06-2012 at 07:07 AM..
Old 12-06-2012, 11:19 AM   #469

sorry Vincent lost his ipod.

at least what is left will be unusable, but very clean. what does Vincent want to be career-wise? Perhaps follow in pop's footsteps? I was so busy today, that i did not take my morning coffee-break. I did not realize that until 5 minutes ago. i am not going to compensate. I had my music on while working, and it really moved things along. I hope my (earth)brother calls me back with some clues for Christmas shopping. Sunday is the day! Now i am gonna have lunch-cheeseburgers...what else? FF
Old 12-06-2012, 07:23 PM   #470
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, i don't think vincent has given his career a minute's thought - yet...i think that probably seems 100 years away to him...

just finished the party - v wanted to stay in so we got chinese food...my oldest son's girlfriend joined us and emmy drove home from school...just as we lit the candles and got ready to sing happy birthday, the phone rang and it was sarah!...what timing!...

he loved his ipod ;-)

hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 12-07-2012, 03:27 AM   #471
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What a great day for Vincent and his family! You can tell how much love there is in your family Tony! What a blessing and we can tell you realize that. Glad you will get that colonoscopy done in the near future. Don't think I will have much luck with DH. He is pretty stubborn.

FF, how were your cheeseburgers for lunch? Can't believe you forgot to take your coffee break!

We are having pizza for our free Friday lunch. Will eat the tops off 2 pieces.

Yesterday was a much easier pace thank goodness! Almost felt like we were on vacation. lol

Hope you all have a great Friday, Blitzers!
Old 12-07-2012, 05:41 AM   #472

they were not like 5 guys, Abi

but they certainly cut the mustard. So relieved it is Friday. I need some good sacktime. I bet by the time I am home, i shall be wide awake. TOMORROW begins the Metopera broadcast season with Verdi's UN BALLO IN MASCHERA. I am all atwitter. There are 4 broadcasts this season,from which i hope i shall be absent, because I hope to be there in house. Of course, it is Wagner's Ring Cycle about which I have mentioned ad nauseam. And no, I hope, but do not expect I will be successfull with any of those matinee performances. But, I will not jump into the Rhein in despair. Eventually if not already available will be the DVDs of that Robert LePage production. F-70 days to go-F
Old 12-07-2012, 11:37 AM   #473
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey abs, thanks for the kind words about my family...i think dw and i did okay raising these five kids, especially with the way we started out - pregnant after dating for five months!...not exactly a textbook way to have a lasting relationship and stable environment for kids...her mom said it was going to be impossible - i'm not sure most of my life hasn't been my stubborn attempt to prove her wrong...haha!

ff, five guys is great - do you have a fuddruckers near you - they have burgers made from exotic meats like elk, bison, sometimes ostrich, etc. and you choose 1/3lb. 1/2 lb., maybe larger and they are WONDERFUL...if you ever get a chance...

once again i was at the building this morning doing more than i should have...i wish i could sit still, but i just can't...

bought some burgers and chicken wings to cook either today or tomorrow...skipped breakfast today and had a few chicken nuggets for lunch...

hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 12-07-2012, 01:39 PM   #474

we have many places/people beginning with F....

but not the one you mentioned, Tony. Well, Sun a.m. is Christmas shopping. Gonna get to the mall as early as possible. Last year, i discovered that Macy's sacked the gift wrap dept. WISH ME LUCK!!! I am very superstitious. i am in a good mood. so I fear that something will happen to wipe that silly grin off my face. I am allowing myself 1 further distribution from my retirement fund (a small one)just to smooth over the transition period till my pension and SS benefits start flowing. when $$$ is coming to you, it takes forever. When you owe them (whoever THEM may be), it is due yesterday. Some of that $$$ hopefully will cover the WAGNER tickets. I am salivating. I am not very hungry. i think a house special soup and a small spare rib will fill the bill nicely tonight...and maybe just the soup. I am actually looking forward to the MYSELF time for the Christmas weekend. I am going down to NJ on 12/24/12, and returning the morning of 12/26/12. I am off 12/27/12. That will give me Sat, Sun, most of Wed and all of Thursday to ME. FF
Old 12-07-2012, 05:32 PM   #475
Blabbermouth!!!

ME time over the holidays is a great way to recharge ff. We had soup tonight, a runny white chili LOL. We don't really have a shortage of nurses in our area due to the number of nursing schools in the center of the state. But, elsewhere, as you mentioned, yes.

Tony, love fuddruckers. There is one in Des Moines we have gone to when in the area. I toss the bun and load up with the hamburger topping bar.

Abi, you have a very wise sister.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:40 PM   #476

i wonder if fuddruckers has burgers or steaks made from

TARGS. They are pets. But, when they die, they are food. The Klingons are warriors, but practical. And no, they don't taste like chicken, but most HEWMONS are chicken to try it. Very flavorful. And don't you dare let a Klingon catch you putting ketchup on it. If he does not kill you outright, you will be spending what time you have left on the Klingon penal colony on the asteroid named Rurapente. Tomorrow, I shall be sampling my 1st lc bagel with lox and cream cheese, a little onion, and a slice of extra sharp cheddar(not too much, or it will overpower the lox). I will wash it down with MY coffee, with 1 T of hwc, if it did not spoil yet. I bought it just before Sandy hit. I always sniff before I pour. FF
Old 12-08-2012, 04:27 AM   #477
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Vicki, thanks for the kind words about my sister. What was in your white chili soup? Love the flavor of chili!

FF, enjoy your Christmas shopping tomorrow! Having some extra funds to tide you over until your retirement and ss kick in is very wise! Anxiety over money has always been a very dangerous situation for me to be in.

Tony, know that feeling of not being able to sit still! Just take some balance time of resting and recouperating every day too. Still waiting on the picture of the building all decorated! lol

Need to finish a couple of knitting projects today. Will have to run over to Keene to pick up more yarn and then Target to get Jen something for Christmas.

Still in ketosis after tops of two pieces of pizza yesterday, lc pizza, and pork skins with dip. Scale is pretty stable still - up one, down one.

Hope you all have a great day! Will check back in later.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:58 AM   #478

it is incredibloe that while i am playing some CDs on my computer,

while i am posting, that u can't hear it. It is medieval music from Barcelona 12th thru 16th century on the French Harmonia Mundi label (there is a German Harmonia Mundi as well!)Opera broadcast begins at 1 pm Eastern time-wqxr.org/105.9 fm here in ny and newark nj. in the off chance someone aside from me is interested. Have a great day,all! FF
Old 12-08-2012, 12:41 PM   #479
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey abs, if i can figure out how to use the camera on my ipad mini, i will take a photo for you...you may have to teach me how to post it, however...congrats on achieving maintenance and slow, steady losses - that's the right strategy!...

ff, have you ever been to a start trek convention?...seems like it would be right up your alley! :-)

wow, vicki, i didn't know fuddruckers were EVERYWHERE!...i've never had the ostrich - have you?...btw, how far are you from dyersville and the field of dreams?

good day today - went to vincent's wresting match, came home and am trying to rest a bit per abi's instructions :-)

i skipped breakfast (which i shouldn't), had two beef teriyaki from the chinese take out for lunch and have burgers and chicken wings for tonight...may just make the wings depending on who is home...

how's everyone's saturday going?...
Old 12-08-2012, 01:01 PM   #480
Blabbermouth!!!

Abi, chicken broth, chicken, oregano, cumin, green chilis, white kidney beans, onion, garlic. Add sour cream and Monterrey jack cheese before serving.

Tony, I would say we are about 2 hours from Dyersville, have you been there? Never have had the ostrich, yet.
Closed Thread