Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 05:40 AM   #421
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
i am such a klutz!

I was shaving yesterday a.m., and lost my balance. Fortunately, the tile floor broke my fall. My Rt knee (the one that was not replaced)took the brunt of it. I am back at work today smelling from Bengay. I could not get to the bank yesterday(Thursday is their only late night. they are closed on weekends)So, i will be running on empty all week long till next Thursday. TIMING, in life, IS EVERYTHING. F-77 more days to go-F

Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2012, 06:30 AM   #422
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/218.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
yo bro!...are you okay?...still in pain?...is the knee swelled up?...are you having it checked?...

by the way, do you know what kind of prosthesis you have in your operated knee?...is it metal on plastic?...now that you've lived with it for so long, does it feel normal or can you tell it is different from the knee you were born with?...if so, in what way?...i'm trying to anticipate what i'm gonna feel like in a year :-)

abs, good for you for realizing that maintaining is an important part of losing...just think of where we would all be if instead of gaining after losses, we simply maintained!!!...

not sure what's on the menu or agenda today, except for exercise...i'll check back in a bit...

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 11-30-2012, 08:32 AM   #423

actually, bengay is all i needed. i am such a diva!

it still hurts, but i shall stay off it as much as possible this weekend. I WILL take my big bear filled with change to the TD Bank change machine. They let people use it, even if we have no accts there. I do not have accounts there, though if i had any $$$, i would certainly do so. they are open 7 days a week. that will be Sunday after 11:00a.m. tomorrow is a good day for music listening, and finally beginning to tackle the minimizing project (which is even more painful than the knee).All work will be done with the assistance of a chair. FF
Old 11-30-2012, 11:12 AM   #424

my mood is somewhat better.

i am gonna make a trip to Shoprite to get some stuff, and try out the knee. I want to get some exercise. 22 aisles should do it. FF
Old 11-30-2012, 02:29 PM   #425
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

go easy, my friend...you don't want to turn a mild injury into something more serious by stressing the joint...see, i'm a joint expert now :-)

greek yogurt with blueberries for breakfast, 1 stuffed shell for lunch and i'm making a roast pork for dinner - i'm not sure when the last time i made one, but it is smelling delicious!...

weighed today and i am at 218, which is where i was before surgery - i seem to be bouncing between 216 and 218 the past three weeks, which i'm happy about as i am maintaining while i heal...that's my only goal right now...
Old 11-30-2012, 04:05 PM   #426

i will be off my feet all day tomorrow, and most of Sunday

I am not gonna take any chances. I am glad it is only a 2 day weekend. I really will not mind the 5 day week. It will fly by and bring me closer to the magic day. FF
Old 12-01-2012, 01:53 AM   #427
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Oh, FF, so sorry about the fall and the hurt knee. Yes, you are probably wise to rest it over the weekend. I am with you on working full weeks. Too much time on my hands is not a good thing. Did you get over to shoprite and walk some aisles?

Tony, I love blueberries in greek yogurt. Usually the blueberries are frozen from the freezer so it is sort of like an ice cream treat. Maintaining is good. That bouncing up and down ususally ends with a down when your body figures out you are not starving to death. lol

I have a thing at church from 5 to 6 and then to work at 7 until 3:30. I am working in a different division now for the moment anyway so that is why I was able to get the overtime. Since I started in June I have worked most of the time on the medium to large size candles. Now I am in tea lights, day lights and votives. No heavy lifting which is great and my supervisor (who is all of 22 years) is very attentive to detail and appreciative when he notices someone being extra careful on quality. My former supervisor was very nice but was a man of few words.

lunch yesterday was wraps so I had a turkey one and a chicken one. One was good the other not so. I just ate the insides with a fork. At break there were some left so I had a tuna wrap. I also had some pork skins and sour cream dip, coffee with cream and a Tb of coconut oil.

It is snowing here right now. Don't think it will amount to much. Better get some things done and get on the road to Brattleboro. Have a terrific Saturday everyone!
Old 12-01-2012, 06:47 AM   #428
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
I can't really pin point exactly why, but I feel kinda down in the dumps today. I will go work out soon then maybe some Christmas shopping followed by cleaning the house and putting my Christmas tree up. If I stay busy that should take my mind off of it.

Have a great weekend!
Old 12-01-2012, 11:07 AM   #429
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/343.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Hi all.....

ff-take care of that knee! I'm glad you didn't hurt it worse than you did.

I love blueberries. I can pop them like candy. If we talk about bad things, my favorite fruit pie is blueberry.

Arte, this can be a difficult time of year. So many emotions and the extra stresses don't help. If I mentioned this before, I'm sorry for the repetition, but when I am down during this time, I visit a flower shop - I don't buy anything, I just look at all the beauty that is around me and smell all of the wonderful smells. The shop I go to also has a lot of gift items so it is decorated beautifully. I always leave with a smile on my face and my mood has changed.

Tony, good job on your maintaining your weight. You are our shining example this Blitz.

I do have good news. It is a miracle, but I got on the scale today and I have lost a couple of pounds - 321.6! And this after our tree decorating party yesterday at the office with tons of goodies, of which I had some. I was more active, since I'm on the Christmas committee this year, but it was hard. I'm using my cane because my knee hurts (the chicken shots have worn off). I'm trying a new supplement I saw advertised on TV. I hope it helps.

Must get to work - lots of things to do around the house. FF, my offer still stands

Marilee
Old 12-01-2012, 11:51 AM   #430

Artemis, get that tree up a.s.a.p.

Christmas decorations always perk me up, and put on some Andrea Bocelli, if u have a Bocelli cd or dvd. Nothing says Christmas like Bing Crosby or Andrea Bocelli. Thanks for the good wishes on the knee. I can say it is history now. I am so glad there was no lasting damage. I just got an unexpected phone call...THE BAGELS ARE HERE!-Karbcrunchers that is. Well, not here, but on the other side of Bklyn-Canarsie. My friend is keeping it in the freezer till then. He works in building services at my facility. He said they smell intoxicating. He has no weight problem, but he will probably order some for himself based on taste alone. There are more than 6 flavors. I always get the same 2 every time I order them (about twice a year). 1 whole bagel is between 6 & 7 net carbs. so 1/2 bagel is about 3. Now that I am temporarily back to VLC, I must be cautious to have no more than 1 a day. FF
Old 12-01-2012, 07:47 PM   #431
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey guys!...it's been a busy day...

started early with the electrician doing a bunch of work at the house, including wiring in a manual transfer switch, so we can run most of the lights, furnace, fridge, water pump and outlets during a power outage...we seem to lose power so often, and now that the kids are grown, being in the dark is no longer as much fun as it used to be...i had been thinking about doing this for years, so it feels good to have it done...he also wired a new light in the dining room and a few other little jobs...

then we went to a friends for dessert this afternoon - i had nothing and wasn't hungry...we picked up pizza tonight and i ate the toppings off three pieces and i'm stuffed - i only had a yogurt with strawberries and the pizza toppings all day...

artemis, sounds like you figured out a good antidote to the blues - let us know how it worked out and how you felt after getting the tree up...

marilee, a HUGE CONGRATS on the weight loss - you must feel so good that you have been able to get back on that horse while you were still in a good range - i'm proud of ya, girl!...love the flower shop idea :-)

abs, i am so happy that you have been able to hang onto the job as long as you have...in this economy and at that place, it says a LOT about you!...where are we having breakfast in the morning?...

ff, happy to hear you dodged a knee bullet...i'm gonna have to check out those bagels, bro...my son's girlfriend plays in a symphony orchestra in nh and she played at carnegie hall on thursday evening - it was a holiday theme hosted by jane seymour...made me think of you...

wonder how jenny is doing?...
Old 12-02-2012, 03:49 AM   #432
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

FF, glad the bengay fixed your knee right up! I almost took a tumble myself the other day by catching my toe on a scatter rug. Phew!

Artemis, did you get your tree up. Hope those pretty lights cheered you right up. Marilee is right, this time of year can really effect our emotions. Just post whenever you start feeling a little down. We have all been there and don't want you to feel down for even a second!

Tony, I hope the gang wants to go to the backside off main street. I really like that place! I plan on 2 scramble eggs and side of bacon where ever they decide. You must be relieved to get that needed wiring done! Losing power is the pits! On eating the tops off pizza's I am finding I enjoy them just as much if it is a good pizza. Good sauce and generous toppings.

DD and family had to drive from Missouri to Alabama for a funeral over the weekend. On the way they stopped at St. Jude's in Tennesee to visit my youngest grandaughter's classmate Dominic who is being treated for leukemia. I think I told you she had a lemonade stand one sat. in September to raise money for him and made over $900.00! Expensive lemonage. lol. Will try to post a picture at the end.

Officially I lost 6 pounds in Nov. Hope to keep the steady, oz per oz losses going through Dec. Had lc lasagna, pork rinds, coffee with cream and 1tb of coconut oil yesterday. Have I told you I am a creature of habit? lol

Will check in later. Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday. Oh, by the way, I couldn't stand to watch the SEC championship game last night for more than afew minutes but Alabama won I read today. Roll Tide!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Abigale and Dominc.jpg (56.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Wilson kids and Dominic.jpg (52.4 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Abigale; 12-02-2012 at 03:50 AM..
Old 12-02-2012, 08:02 AM   #433
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
I am feeling better today. Thanks for your kind comments everyone. I stayed busy as planned: got a little bit of shopping done and put up the tree. It's a small one but it sure is pretty. I collect butterflies so 98% of the ornaments are butterflies To keep my spirits lifted, I am going with a friend to her church tonight for a Christmas concert. I so love Christmas music!

Marilee, way to go with the weight loss! It's not easy during this time of year!

Abi, St Jude is such a wonderful place! I interviewed there after I graduated but due to funding issues, I couldn't find a space. I am still thinking about re-applying once I'm finished here since Memphis is so close to my family (less than an hour).

And, I managed to get in a 4 mile walk around the neighborhood (which is filled with steep hills) so it was a great workout. I am going to make out a new workout schedule today to keep me on track. Routine is the only way to get it in for me.

Last edited by artemis19; 12-02-2012 at 08:05 AM..
Old 12-02-2012, 08:20 AM   #434

i am in a very laid back mode.

I shall not venture forth today. Enjoying a specialty (not my usual Savarin)with cream. That is what Sunday is all about. Eveyone enjoy the weekend. F-76 days to go-F
Old 12-02-2012, 03:07 PM   #435
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

wow, ff, you are a man of few words today - i'm smelling an imposter!...so what is the specialty you had this morning?...

artemis, happy to hear you had a good day yesterday and have fun plans for tonight...i love memphis - had alligator gumbo on beale street at the rum boogie cafe' on one of our x-country trips...and graceland was very cool :-)

i love arkansas too, but i have to say, we went to 33 national parks over 3 summers and hot springs np was the weirdest...have you ever been there?...some of those buildings with all the odd plumbing are pretty creepy...

abs, did you go to the backstreet place?...2 eggs and bacon?...thanks for sharing the photos - very cute - i hope domenic gets well soon...the 14-year-old daughter of a close friend was diagnosed with leukemia a year ago and got out of children's hospital in boston in march and has a clean bill of health now...woo hoo! as marilee would say...

did a lot of work today decorating the building - the boys are still there and we got a LOT done...i had yogurt for breakfast, skipped lunch and am baking salmon for dinner with some clam chowder and steamed asparagus...

hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 12-03-2012, 03:27 AM   #436
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Marilee, sorry about the chicken shots wearing off. Hope the supplement you ordered gives you some relief! Wonderful about the 2lbs off!

Artemis, when will you be finished in Nashville? It would be terrific if you could work at St. Judes! How was the Christmas concert last night?

Tony, can't wait to see a picture of your building all decorated up! It is so cheering to see the lights and garlands everywhere! We did go to the backside place and I did have my usual. Scrambled eggs and bacon. My sil got an omelet and hardly touched it. Too much egg. I told her that is why I don't ever order one. I know they are not cracking 3 eggs to make it. They crack alot of eggs and then scoop it onto the griddle. You always get more that 3 eggs.

FF, I am also wondering what was the specialty coffee you were drinking yesterday? Those bagels sound good. Do you rewrap them and put them in your freezer?

Yesterday I had eggs, bacon, lc lasagna, pork rinds and fiesta flavored ranch dip, and the top of one leftover pizza. Drank coffee with cream, one diet soda and 1 tbl of coconut oil. Thankful that the terrible cravings are still staying away.

Hope you all have a wonderful Monday, Blitzers!

Last edited by Abigale; 12-03-2012 at 03:29 AM..
Old 12-03-2012, 05:29 AM   #437

these bagels will be in my possession in about 2 hours.

they will be back in the freezer by about 6:30pm. they were in my friend's freezer until this a.m. so they should be okay in the re-sealed box till i get those babies back in their crib. I have some nova scotia wild lox waiting for some of them. Gotta get some cream cheese and tomato for them. I already have the onion. They are between 6 & 7 net grams for 1 bagel. so, i can still stay within 10 grams on those days that i have them. My only deviation will be Christmas dinner. Well, gotta take care of some beezaness. Later, HEWMONS F-74 days to go-F
Old 12-03-2012, 05:32 AM   #438

i forgot about the coffee.

it was a chocolate flavored coffee. that plus 1 level T of hwc. Like i said before, it was being in Vienna owing to the cream. FF
Old 12-03-2012, 08:50 AM   #439

i have to try. an opportunity like this comes seldom.

the new Wagner ring cycle will have matinee performances in April, and the 2nd Sat of May. I want to get a balcony seat for all 4 performances. we are talking $400.00 more or less. It is probably sold out already, but it is worth a shot. Assuming I can get tickets, i will have to wear a muzzle to keep me from singing along. i do not want to make the professionals sound bad (hahaha). there is a new Siegfried named Jay Hunter Morris, from Paris, Texas. He is as flawless as one can be for a tough as nails role such as this. I hope we can say the same ten years from now. Most tenors whose career is based on this heavy declamatory music, regardless of the language(Verdi's Otello is just as difficult), usually have a fairly short PRIME, before the wobbling begins. I hope Jay lasts much longer. Wish him & me luck! FF
Old 12-03-2012, 11:09 AM   #440
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jfinchster
Hi everyone,
I've been doing well--my weight is up a bit, but I'm going to make sure I don't overeat anything today and drink a bunch of water and it should drop down--I ate mexican food at a resteraunt last night--all low carb but it makes my weight bounce up when I eat out. After HCG its pretty normal for our weight goes up about 2lbs from your lowest point, just from having more food in your digestive track when you start eating more--but I'm up 4lbs right now from my low. I have been drinking wine and eating a little more than I need to, but been good about sticking to all low carb, mostly veggies and meat. My goal is to hang on to this weight (minus a lb or 2?) through Christmas and then I'm going to do another 3 weeks of HCG.

I made a bunch of christmas cookies yesterday--(I made them for a reception at our church and also I give them to my father in law as a gift, and santa will need one on Christmas Eve)--and I didn't eat one. That was quite the challenge but I feel good about it now.

I'll try to check in more often, I promise, I don't know where time flies!
Glad you all are sticking to things-we will feel so much better for eating clean through the holidays!
Old 12-03-2012, 11:13 AM   #441

good for u, jfinchster, that u avoided the cookies

i might have CRUMBLED under the temptation(pun intended). Being busy does help. I intend to be as busy as possible this month. Chanukah & Christmas spells trouble if we are not mindful. i am no exception. FF
Old 12-03-2012, 11:30 AM   #442
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey sis, sounds like a sensible strategy to maintain your weight until after christmas...just draw that line in the sand at the top end of the range and stick to it...hope to see you more :-)

ff, i have no idea what the heck you are talking about, but i hope you get your tickets!...

abs, i had no idea there were more than 3 eggs in an omelet!...really?...i usually order a veggie omelet (prefer pre-cooked veggies) and sometimes i have them add cheese - i love a good omelet...

so far today:
b: 2 oz baked salmon and some steamed broccoli (quite a breakfast, huh?)
l: ?
d: leftover pork roast, i think

Last edited by tony8; 12-03-2012 at 11:32 AM..
Old 12-03-2012, 01:43 PM   #443

oh yeah, Tony, I DID get carried away.

DER RING DES NIBELUNGEN is a story told on 4 evenings. Tolkien, the author of Lord of the Rings, was very familiar with these music dramas(Herr Wagner did not like them referred to as opera), and very inspired by them. The 1 ring in the Tolkien story is very similar to the Wagner story regarding how it effects those who possess it, and those who do not. It is just a matter of time before someone writes an opera or music drama about the Tolkien story. One thing is certain. If you like that sort of thing, you DO get your money's worth. Wagner's Ring cycle is approximately 15 hours in duration. I have listened to the whole thing in one day quite a few times. So much for that. Tonight I shall participate in a heroic episode of my own-SHOPRITE AWAITS!!! FF
Old 12-03-2012, 02:53 PM   #444
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thanks for the explanation...you have to be quite disciplined to concentrate on something for that many hours - i'm impressed....there are many things i enjoy, but i'm not sure i could endure any of them for 15 hours in one day! :-)

i am really feeling great - aside from walking on crutches, i am feeling quite normal...i can sleep on my side again and can cook, shower etc. with no awkwardness or difficulty...my legs are itchy - i think due to the dry air in the house, but i put some moisturizer on them and that helped...it's amazing to me that i can feel this good only 3 1/2 weeks after surgery!...the exercises are so much easier and i can do so much more without pain than i could before surgery...i'm grateful!

the leftover pork roast is heating in the oven - i added some water and covered it in aluminum foil to try to keep it from drying out - it was sooo moist the night i made it...

i am drinking a lot of water today...
Old 12-03-2012, 04:54 PM   #445

ooooh! i have not made a pork loin roast

in well over a year. Now my mouth is watering. I did not have to augment with add'l fat on the RONCO. One side already had a thin layer of fat, and as it rotated, the whole roast got and stayed moist. I ate it cold all week long(it was June 2011). I must do it again. On America's Test Kitchen, Julia (or was it Bridgette) added pancetta, tying it with kitchen cord. They breed oinkers for as little fat as possible. WRONG! I just finished slicing 6 of the 18 bagels with my RONCO 6 Star bread/bagel knife, each bagel went into a SHOPRITE sandwich size baggie. I am not touching any of these until they are paid for (on Friday). Such awful customs you HEWMONS have compelled me to adopt. FF
Old 12-04-2012, 03:24 AM   #446
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jenny, good going on resisting eating any cookies. You are a stronger person than I am! lol I think your plan to maintain until after Christmas and then start up the hcg again is a good plan.

FF, I have a hard time finding pork roasts that have enough fat on the outside. That is the most delicious part to me. When I bake pork I always put the fat side up so it will baste itself. Is your ronco a spit? Hope you can budget the $400.00 to get tickets in April and don't show them up by singing along!! Poor Jay would be humiliated!

Tony, so glad you are feeling good and relatively pain free! Have they said when you can get rid of the crutches yet? I think salmon and brocolli sounds like a delicious breakfast!

I am thinking about changing up my new favorite lc lasagna. Next time around I think I will use sausage instead of hamburg , maybe italian sausage and pizza sauce instead of spagetti sauce. Cook it in a glass pie plate instead of a 9 x 9 pan. I'll call it deep dish spinach pizza. Will let you know how it tastes later in the week. Need to make a grocery store run. Yesterday had the ususal lc lasagna, pork rinds with sour cream dip, coffee with cream, 1 tbl of coconut oil and a glass of diet soda.

Someone posted a wonderful (Christian) Christmas flash mob sing on facebook this morning. If you are interested in watching it here is the link.

Christmas Flash Mob by Journey of Faith at South Bay Galleria - official video - YouTube

Wishing you a great Tuesday Blitzers!
Old 12-04-2012, 04:26 AM   #447
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
I went on a couple of interviews last Wednesday. One I really liked. It is for a newly created position in HR. The other one I was not impressed at all. First of all, I wasn't called back for the interview until 20 minutes after my scheduled time. They apparently over booked the interviews. There were other issues that I won't go in to other than all the person did was read a question off of the paper, I answered and she read the next question. Not much "off the cuff" or impromptu talking or discussion.

Playing hooky today. I am barely hanging on. Looking forward to Christmas break.
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8-28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs
9-28 206.4 down 11.8 lbs Total - 54 lbs
10-28 203.2 down 3.2 lbs Total - 57.2 lbs
11-27 204.8 up 1.6 lbs Total - 55.6 lbs
Old 12-04-2012, 05:26 AM   #448

hoping all goes well, Vicki, with the job interviews

Fortunately, i do not have to audition for my next job. Barring the unforeseen, it is already in the bag. I know I could not survive the often humiliting aspects of job interviews, not at my age, not in my condition. LC lasagna is one of the creations i want to make after i retire. I am getting just a tad bored by my 3 ingredients or less approach. F-73 days to go-F
Old 12-04-2012, 07:51 AM   #449
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/343.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Vicki, I'm at work but I can take time to talk if you need to.

Hey everyone......I'll check back in later. Need to get to back to work.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:35 AM   #450

i just had the exterminator at my work station.

a mouse had recently left his calling card. It may be that he was encouraged by the fact that my password has the letters RAT in it, and he believed he could bypass the security encoding, and use my computer to check out DISNEY and/or FOOD PORN. Not on my watch.!If i ever saw any at home i would FREAK OUT. FF
Closed Thread