Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2012, 02:14 AM   #361
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Happy Thanksgiving Blitzers! I am very thankful for you all!

I am down 2oz today so that makes me happy. Had more lc spinach lasagna yesterday. lol No, I am not still eating the original batch. Since picky DH likes it I just keep making it. When I am hungry it is so easy to just cut off a square and pop it in the microwave. I just have to remind myself to keep a box of frozen spinach in the frig so it is already thawed. I had some pork skins and coffee with cream yesterday and of course 1tbl of coconut oil.

FF, I like structure too. When I think of being off work for 5 days it makes me nervous. Too much time on my hands. I did get out my paints yesterday and painted a small picture for my sister's birthday. It was a fun challenge and kept me from thinking about eating.

Jenny, how far do you have to travel to get to your Mom's house? It is nice when you don't have to host a big gathering. It takes alot of the stress off for me.

Artemis, you are lucky that when you get the munchies there is nothing in the house to get into. DH always has a bunch of junk food around so it sure is hard not to be tempted. The pork skins save me especially if I have some sour cream to dip them in.

Marilee, are you off work Thurs and Fri? Hope you are and can enjoy a nice long weekend!

Vicki, what about you. Nice long weekend ahead for you too?

Everyone have a wonderful day!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2012, 05:36 AM   #362
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
Abi, have you tried pork rinds and tuna salad....

or anything you can use a pork rind as a scoop. I keep them as breading for critters, which I do rather rarely, owing to the sodium factor. I hope everyone enjoys today's feast! I am off to restock mt lc bread supply. FF
Old 11-22-2012, 07:22 AM   #363
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!!! I'm watching the Macy's parade. May go over to friends this afternoon and may not - I have to work tomorrow.

I have turkey thighs to roast and am having a dollop of mashed potatoes and a nice helping of stuffing - got to have stuffing!!!!

Have a wonderful day with family and friends.

I am very thankful this day for many things, but high up on that list are you, my Blitz family. You have sustained me, made me laugh, and helped keep me strong and I love you all.

TTYL!!!
Old 11-22-2012, 07:25 AM   #364
Major LCF Poster!

FF, I have tried pork rinds with tuna salad and it is very good. I also like them with hot sauce shaken on them. Were you able to restock your lowcarb bread supply?

I need to stop and buy a bag of ice on the way to my niece's house. Did I tell you all that she and her husband are in Maine with his folks for the holiday. Too bad they never lock their doors. We are going to have a blast. lol Actually the reason my brother and sister in law are not having it at their home is because their other daughter drove in from Cleveland last night with her Great Dane and they just don't have that much room for alot of extra people and a huge dog.
Old 11-22-2012, 07:30 AM   #365
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Marilee! You got me laughing with your dollop of mashed potatoes! Sorry you have to work tomorrow. Think of how much money you will save not shopping on black friday. I don't think I have ever shopped that day. Hate the crowds and long lines.

We all you too! Enjoy those turkey thighs!
Old 11-22-2012, 09:41 AM   #366
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...i love you all too!...what a giant lovefest we are having in here :-)

sounds like everyone is gonna have a great day and is taking a sensible approach to the menu...my advice would be to eat whatever you really want, in moderation, and don't let the indulgence bleed into tomorrow...that's my two-cents worth!

had the "pie for breakfast" tradition with the kids - i had slivers of each which completely satisfied me...like marilee, i will have a few dollops of various things later today - stuffing (which has ground beef in it), mashed potatoes and butternut squash - just a few mouthfuls of each and minimal damage...

abi, that is so funny about your niece's house!...and congrats on the 2 ounces! - it ain't easy achieving a loss so quickly after a slight gain - good for you!

marilee, i hope you make it to your friend's house - i know it is tempting to simply relax at home too!...wish you were closer - i'd drag you over here to hang with us...

ff, hope you are having a great day - we love ya, buddy...

vicki, tell us about your day...

artemis, hope you are reveling in your family's joy at having you back home!...

all is well here...my five kids just drove over to a local field to play football together - too cute!...we will eat at 4 or 5 today...i'll check in later...

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 11-22-2012, 01:22 PM   #367
Major LCF Poster!

Well, TG is over for the day. Now I have to get revved up to cook the whole meal for Sat. Yes, DH wants a whole meal cooked at our house so he can eat leftovers. At least there will be no temptations with this meal. No desserts except the pumpkin pie I made yesterday.

Today went very well and all the desserts were in the other room and I only saw my sister with a little plate with slivers of about 4 different things. Not enough view to make me start to salivate. lol She loved the picture I painted for her and my younger sister wants one for her birthday in March. Check that gift off my list.

I had my bloody mary and made about 9 more for the rest of the gang. Ate a little turkey, cran sauce, squash, turnip, stuffed celery and green salad. also a little of an asparagus casserole my sister made. I finished with a cup of egg nog spice coffee. Phew, glad that is over with!

Tony, years ago after the turkey trot 3 mile run the family would also have a pie fest before the thanksgiving meal. That is so funny. Pie is so much more enjoyable on an empty stomach than after a big meal don't you think?

Hope the rest of the gang manages the day in a happy state.
Old 11-22-2012, 04:33 PM   #368

i so enjoyed my food.

well, it is not really MY food, I purchased it. I am saving dessert for tomorrow. I had turkey, some of those ribs, and veggies. I also had some problems with this computer. So, I took a nap. The machine did a self diagnostic. It seems to be working at this moment. I wonder for how long. I am extremely thankful, for that, and that I stayed on plan. I will stay religiously on plan, and except for Christmas dinner, not deviate. I would really love to be able to fit into those s t r e t c h jeans, w/o the need for them to stretch. I have not yet opened the package, nor will I for at least another week, or so. I hope everyone is enjoying TG. I want to hear details. FF
Old 11-22-2012, 06:09 PM   #369
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
We had a good meal also. I ate whatever I wanted, no holds barred. Who knows when I will start back on plan.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:52 PM   #370
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi guys!...I had a great day too...happy the food feast is over...I had a little of everything but didn't overindulge...even so, I will be happy to eat on my regular menu tomorrow. :-)

Abi, we started the pie for breakfast thing many years ago when the kids were young, for exactly that reason...it's funny that you guys did the same thing!

Don't want Sarah to leave in the morning, but its been great having her home...
Old 11-22-2012, 06:57 PM   #371

i am so glad u enjoyed your TG dinner, Vicki

But, if I allowed myself to eat off-plan, I would never recover. That is no longer an option for me.How I will deal with Christmas dinner is still a mystery. I am still hungry, even though I had 46 of my daily 59 points. I am going to finish off my day with a Swiss Miss Diet hot choc with some sugar free (and over-priced)Land-o-Lakes sugar free whipped cream. I was home mostly all day. Tomorrow it will go easier, because I will be back at work. By the way, the perfect turkey slice thickness (which my turkey had)is 3/8 " or 1 cm. Perfect for sandwiches, and hot plate. It was equally delicious and moist hot or cold. I will be eating KNAPP BAGELS' turkey breast slices in perpetuity; Their ribs too!! FF
Old 11-23-2012, 12:40 AM   #372
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki, something will click in your head like a light switch when you are ready to get back on plan. All I can say is if you are feeling down in the dumps which happens to me when I am eating alot of carbs getting back off them almost instantly makes me feel happier. Something chemical goes on in my brain. That is one reason I am not falling back into temptation this time around. I'd rather be happy than down. The sweets are just not worth the downside.

I am up 4oz today but still in ketosis. Love those sticks! They keep me motivated. Have some jeans on that I haven't worn in several weeks because the muffin top was just too uncomfortable and obvious. Can't say they are back to a perfect fit but definately more comfortable. It will be nice to have one more selection to wear to work on Monday.

FF, turkey sandwiches are one thing that DH wants for after our second TG meal tomorrow. Enjoy those bagels and turkey! Do you like mayo on yours? I love mayo and turkey combinations!

Tony, sorry about Sarah having to fly back to Nashville today. How wonderful your whole family could be together. Sarah is probably so happy to see how well you are recouperating. Is your DW washing up a storm? I can't imagine how happy she is not to have to go to the dreaded laundromat!

My brother in Georgia's mother in law fell and broke her hip last week. They live in Dummerston and my sister in law is up for the week to check on her while she is in rehab. My other brother had taken all his paintings out of the gallery near where they live for a few days to show the family yesterday. When he returns them today at 1:00 he and I will meet up with Sue for a visit. Last spring right after Mom passed away she asked my brother if I was interested in helping her Dad watch her mother. I told him then, knowing how bad her balance was I couldn't bear the stress of worrying about someone just walking from one room to the next. They are both in their 80's so don't know what the next step will be. It would also have been a long drive for me and they have a terrible time in the winter because the live on a dirt road on a hill which freezes up real bad.

Marilee, aren't those Macy parades fun to watch. Make you feel like a kid again. love to see the faces of the little ones along the parade route.

Jenny, how was your TG?

Artemis, how is your family doing? You didn't have to worry about any snow on your drive did you?

Have a great day all. I will check back later!

Last edited by Abigale; 11-23-2012 at 12:43 AM..
Old 11-23-2012, 04:34 AM   #373

is turkey a trigger food for me?

it is gone already. i will have to get more. After the swiss miss diet hot choc, i thought i would eat no more. I was carefully tracking WW points and carb grams. I consumed 31 grams, and 58 of my daily 59 WW points. I thank the Gods, I had no more turkey left. I think i could have eaten a whole bird. I weighed every portion I consumed. the rib portion(of the pork ribs) weighed 10 oz with the bone. I got all the bbq sauce off with a paper towel.(but i still counted 5 grams) That was all the work I did yesterday. But, i will not get those on a regular basis...just once in a while. Apparently, there is something about turkey that seems to elude the Portion Control Police. There is a change in the way the bagels website does its business. A friend of mine will order them for me, and i will pay him back as soon as the transaction finalizes. He is on vacation right now. I will be lucky if i will have them by retirement. I hope everyone enjoyed their TG dinner. Next opportunity of off-plan "extravaganza" is Christmas Dinner", if at all. Right??? This blitz began with a Bang. Let it not end with a fizzle.I am at my work station thank the Gods. I deliberately brought no lc bread with me. i will have a 2 oz piece of cheddar for breakfast, and something ATKINS friendly from the cafeteria for lunch. I believe i will enjoy the remaining two burgers (there were 4 to the pack) this evening. so, glad now i did not make any lc stuffing. Oh yes, I love a turkey sandwich with mayo, and tomato(or to-mah-to). I also like other condiments such as my lc jelly, mustard, and horseradish, not to mention lc cranberry relish. But, yes, mayo more than the others. F-84 days to go-F
Old 11-23-2012, 08:58 AM   #374
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, jelly on a turkey sandwich???...omg, really?...hmmmm...

well, just got back from bringing sarah to the airport - very sad - but it was so nice having her here!...her siblings were so happy to have her around and her brothers were working on her to move back to new england...

abs, we decided we would wash 1 load every other day just to stay on the safe side and that should be plenty - dw LOVES the washer although she said she's gonna miss some of the folks she has gotten to know at the laundromat :-)

being up only 4 oz the day after thanksgiving is like winning the boston marathon in degree of difficulty - congrats!

ff, nice job rationing out the turkey and still staying within your ww points...hope you have a good day at work today...

just had some broccoli in cheese sauce for lunch - very very good!

dw is irritated with me because on the way home from the airport, i had her pull into a parking lot so i could test my leg driving...it seemed very easy so i drove home - about a 15-minute drive - and she claimed i tricked her! ;-)

i'm safely back on the couch now...
Old 11-23-2012, 10:48 AM   #375

just lost a long and good post.

suffice it to say that we are now deep in the holiday season. Let us not succumb to temptation. I have done so too many times in the past. The vaccine is to fight fire with fire. In place of tempting carbs, high in fat food...namely FIVE GUYS, well marbled steak, pork chops alla pizzaiola..Y'all get the idea. I am having 2 cheeseburgers tonight, and FIVE GUYS tomorrow afternoon(with my lc toast and lc ketchup). I was never able to keep even 1 loaf of lc bread in the house, as i always wound up eating the whole loaf in a weak moment. I CAN CONTROL IT NOW! Also, i bought a pack of Hershey's sugar free mini dark chocolates. there are 10 pieces to the pack. I always wound up eating the whole thing at once. then i spent quite a lot of time on the throne afterwards(the sugar alcohols, you know). well, I have trained myself to enjoy 2 pieces at a time. that stretches my artificially sweetened slips of latinum as well. The one thing I have never solved, was that after losing 1/2 the weight i needed to lose(which I had done at least 1/2 dozen times within the past 20 years), I got so super hungry, that even the struggle to maintain that loss was too uphill a battle. I hope i get it right this time. FF
Old 11-23-2012, 12:40 PM   #376

oh yes, abi,

i have 2.5 lc loaves in my fridge. i can exhale now. so far it has been a breadless day. but, i will not compensate in the evening. i have 2 slices toasted for the burgers. i have 1 slice lc pound cake. I will take 1/2, upon which i will attempt the pumpkin puree mousse, but just an oz or two, as 1/2 the cake is 3 net grams already. That, washed down with coffee should be pure heaven. I now have 4 flavors of sugar free jelly, red rasberry, marmalade, grape, and strawberry. In the back of the fridge, i believe I have about 1/2 jar of apricot. I would like to experiment with an apricot glaze the next time i do a whole chicken. It is simply a matter of adding enough water to make it spreadable. FF
Old 11-23-2012, 02:27 PM   #377
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

my favorite soup (my grandmother's recipe per dw)...you can adjust to make lower carb but this is the soup in all its glory :-):

OK… Italian Wedding Soup Recipe:

Ingredients: 1-2 small whole chickens, celery, (3-5 stalks), carrots (5-6), onions (1-2)

1-2 pounds lean ground beef (I use 90%), grated parmesan (1/2 cup), bread crumbs (~1 cup), garlic (2-3 cloves), parsley, eggs (2 per pound + 1 more - per Tony’s grandma)

Rice (white or brown – ˝ - 1 cup)

Escarole – 1 head

Eggs - 4

Prepare separately- chicken soup stock, mini meatballs, rice, hard-boiled eggs, steamed escarole.

1. Chicken soup stock: 1-2 small whole chickens, celery, (3-5 stalks), carrots (5-6), onions (1-2)

Cover chicken in large stock pot with water and simmer until the meat falls off the bones and a nice broth is made – about 1-2 hours.

Pour or scoop through a colander over another pot to remove chicken and bones, saving the broth.

Strain broth into a clean large pot. (I also remove most of fat by using a gravy separator.)

Add chopped onions, carrots, and celery to the broth (no chicken yet) and bring to a boil and simmer again until vegetables are cooked.

Remove chicken from bones and set chicken aside for later.

2. Meatballs: 1-2 pounds lean ground beef (I use 90%), grated parmesan (1/2 cup), bread crumbs (~1 cup), garlic (2-3 cloves), parsley, eggs (2 per pound + 1 more - per Tony’s grandma)

Mix all ingredients in large bowl. I usually put the bread crumbs in last and adjust the amount depending on the consistency of the entire mix.

Form little meatballs – very little – about 1 cm diameter. They will expand slightly when cooked. Drop raw meatballs into simmering soup. They take very little time to actually cook in the soup and tend to float when they are done.

3. Rice – Cook ˝ -1 cup in water according to directions.

4. Eggs – hard boil about 4 eggs and chop up.

5. Escarole – steam 1 head, drain, and chop up.

Add rice, eggs, escarole, and chopped up chicken to the soup mixture according to your taste. Warm up, but do not boil soup once it is all together. Eat and enjoy!
Old 11-23-2012, 03:38 PM   #378

you are most gracious for the recipe, Tony

the amount of stuff iwould have to omit, i think i will have to call it:LIVING IN SIN soup. I got a great deal at SHOPRITE this evening. Vita WILD nova lox was $3.99 ($2.00 off the 3 oz package). Of course $3.99 was the REGULAR price just a few months ago. There were only 2 left. With any luck, they will fill in the stock, and keep the special price when I get back there (yeah, I've got a prayer!!!). I make a 3 oz pack last for 2 to 3 times, so I get my money's worth. I am having lunch at the diner near the WW meeting, so, I will take the Five Guys home for dinner. I mean the burgers, not the actual 5 Guys. I am not running a boarding house. I cannot believe the difference between yesterday and today. Yesterday, I was so hungry...non-stop hungry. Today, I just had the diet hot choc, and the 2 oz of cheese. I am still not hungry. I believe ketosis is kicking in with a vengeance. But, I MUST have dinner (after SEINFELD). or my glucose levels will fall below ground. FF
Old 11-24-2012, 03:09 AM   #379
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, I am saving that recipe. I think it would be wonderful even without the rice! I am thinking about your driving yesterday. Was it your right hip that you had replaced? My imagination is sort of freaking out thinking if you had to slam on your brakes for some reason. Be careful now, ya'hear?

FF, you are going to make some pumpkin mousse and spread it on your cake? That sounds yummy. What recipe do you use for your mousse? The fact that you, Tony and I have all lost long posts this week tells me that this site is so big it is having issues. I typed this directly on to lcf but have saved it before I hit the post button just in case!

Weight is still going up and down a few oz. I think my body likes this weight but I sure don't. I am still in ketosis, feeling energized and not being too tempted. We are cooking a whole TG dinner to eat during the half time of the Alabama game. Most of the prep DH did last evening so it will just be stuffing the turkey and smelling that wonderful smell this afternoon.

My brother, his wife and daughter, my sister and her daughter, and my sister in law from Georgia met at the art gallery and then went to a little restaurant in Newfane. We talked and laughed for about an hour and a half. So much fun to catch up on the Georgia family. I just had coffee which was very good.

I am working on two projects to keep busy on my 4th day off in a row. I am knitting a little lamb out of wool that will go into a hot wash when finished. That will shrink it up and it will be like a boiled wool texture. I think I posted a picture a year or so ago on our site of one I was working on for my daughter. Working on a similar little painting for my other sister while I still have all the paints and brushes handy. She requested it for her BD in March but will probably get it alot sooner than that.

Hoping you all have a wonderful Saturday! I will check back later.

Last edited by Abigale; 11-24-2012 at 03:13 AM..
Old 11-24-2012, 04:33 AM   #380
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abi, can you post a photo of your painting?...i am intrigued by the fact that you are an artist....hope you enjoy your TG dinner today - you are doing so well - 1 1/2 hours in a restaurant and you only had coffee???

dw made me slam on the brakes a few times, just to prove i could do it while i was still in the parking lot - no problem, but just the idea that i was driving less than 2 weeks out of the hospital freaked her out :-)...btw, the soup is delicious without the rice...

ff, i'd skip the five guys and take home the five girls, but that's just me :-)

already did one round of exercises this morning and feeling great...added in some crunches as my abs, which were pretty tight, are now a bit flabby after 2 1/2 weeks of no ab work...can't do the full routine, but i think every little bit helps...
Old 11-24-2012, 07:53 AM   #381
Major LCF Poster!

Ha Ha Tony, this painting is no work of art. My sister and I were talking in Sept. at the Marina and were admiring a large, bright colored painting of a sheep. She said she liked paintings of sheep. I told her I liked the primitive looking paintings of sheep and cows. The ones that look like they were painted 100 years ago. So that is the look I was trying to achieve and with that in mind I will post it. It is only 5 x 7 inches. I would call it more a kind of decorator print. Something you would stick on the back of a bookcase or on a narrow wall somewhere. Any way I got a big hug from her and an "I love it!" which is what I was hoping for and then younger sister piping up she wanted one too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 015.jpg (34.6 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by Abigale; 11-24-2012 at 07:58 AM..
Old 11-24-2012, 12:47 PM   #382

it's a small apartment, Tony...1 gal will suffice...

especially the one that took my ordertoday. Now, talk about consideration: When I said no bun, she asked if I was allergic to the bun. The reason they asked is because some people ARE allergic, so if that were the case, they remove their surgical gloves, and put on a clean pair. Now, THAT is consideration. I am calm now, but I was seeing red a few hours ago. Only 0.2 lbs down. That is 0.6 lbs in 2 weeks. There is no logical reason why the scale should be so stingy. I am not expecting a plateau for another 31 lbs. I always hit a plateau just before I cross the dimensional divide into TWOdorland. It is too soon. The only possible answer, is that some agents of the Orion Syndicate bribed the scale lady and weighted the scale. My family had some business dealings with the Orions. They are NOT to be trusted. I went over my tracking for the past month. There is nothing I can cut back. All I can do is try to drink more plain water, and get in more physical activity. I had lunch with a friend who used to work in my dept. I took home 1 of the 2 sausages, and 1/2 the omelet. I had the cooked escarole(about 2 digestible carbs)instead of That will be tomorrow's breakfast. Tonight will be the 5 Guys burger on my lc toast. I either missed the new BBC classical music magazine, or they did not get it in yet, so, I got 2 other classical mags. I also got some peanuts in the shells. I counted out 12. I bore all of you with my daily food minutiae for a reason. I want to keep us all inspired,and with practical applications. I have no time or interest in the aetiological, or theoretical side of the weight loss games. It really all boils down to Pick a Plan. Stay with it until it stops working. Then tweak, or just choose another. F-"I'll pay you on Tuesday for the hamburger I am eating today-F
Old 11-24-2012, 12:50 PM   #383

of course it is art!

if u wanted to paint a sheep, and it looks like a sheep...then it is art! I recognized it instantly! FF
Old 11-24-2012, 03:23 PM   #384

OH MY GODs. I did it.

I cut the 5 Guys bacon cheeseburger in 1/2, and I am saving the other half for later this evening. Once it is between 2 slices of (lc)toast, it is impossible to discern how much is in there. Also, I had the remaining veggies from the salad bar, raining minced garlic all over them. Oh yummo! We are told that it is easier to metabolise smaller portions, thus enhancing weight loss. It seems I am segue-ing into smaller but more frequent meals. I will try doing that through till the next weigh-in on the Kalendae Decembriae (Dec 1). Let us hope I will have occasion to smile. FF
Old 11-24-2012, 04:37 PM   #385
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abi, that is AWESOME!...i love it!...you are talented - i could never even draw a sheep that looked half that good...seriously...you could make some money on the side selling them...

ff, i'd get rid of some furniture and replace it with girls...lol...

try not to get discouraged - if you are calculating the ww points accurately, there is no way you will not lose weight over time on that plan...based on the formula they are using, what is your rate of loss supposed to be?...

had a good day:
b: small piece of crustless broccoli and cheddar quiche
l: greek yogurt with chopped peaches
d: bacon cheddar elkburger at fuddruckers - with about 1/2 of the roll...

i'm stuffed!...did all my exercises today...i'm done with the self-injected blood thinners, so that's nice...dw and i and our 16-yr old son went to see "argo" at the theatre - it was really good!...we also went to pick out some new carpet for the family room in the basement - the old rug has HAD IT...it's been there since the kids were little - maybe 18 years or so and you can imagine what 5 kids did to it :-)

i continue to feel a little more normal every day...

missing sarah today :-(
Old 11-24-2012, 05:43 PM   #386

there is no predicted rate of loss.

no one can predict that. I am gonna have the other 1/2 in a few minutes, or perhaps I should call it 2.5 guys. Congrats on the new rug. I suppose, if someone is gonna pull the rug from under you, or call you on the carpet, it should be one you can be proud of. I am so glad you are finished with the blood thinners. I was extremely careful when I had to shave. Feeling normal is quite reassuring. I like to simulate normal from time to time. FF
Old 11-25-2012, 02:54 AM   #387
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks guys for the compliments. FF, you continue to make us all laugh. I love it that if "I wanted to paint a sheep and it looked like a sheep it was art." I am still giggling.

Tony, I don't know what an 18 year old rug that has had 5 kids playing on looks like but I know what a 5 year old rug that has had 2 cats and a dog playing on it looks like! What color and texture did you decide on?

FF, good luck on the smaller and more frequent meals. Everyone is so different that you just have to keep experimenting with what will work for you. I definitely have had better success with the advice that Vicki gave me that the stress I was experiencing this year had affected my cortisol and that I might do better to eat early and more often.

Even though we had a second TG meal yesterday that we cooked at home so DH could have leftovers I was down an even 6 pounds since Nov.1sth this morning! I had some lc lasagna yesterday and then turkey, butter on it instead of gravy, two helpings of butternut squash and two helpings of turnip. I thought for sure I would be up today!

We are meeting sister in law and sister after church today at the Backside restaurant which is behind the main street in Brattleboro. It is very cold today and they have a nice bank of windows that the sun shines in early in the morning. So even if the temp in the restaurant is not cozy warm the sun shining in will be warm.

I read a comment yesterday somewhere on lcf that I think Leo made. It went something like "when I see carby food I don't think "TEMPTATION" I think "DANGER". It makes me think of Lost in Space - "Danger Will Robinson!!". lol So that is one phrase I am going to be replaying in my mind hopefully forever!!

Oh, Tony, by the way, the menu will probably be 2 scrambled eggs and a side of bacon. lol
Last time we were there the serving of bacon was generous and nice and crisp the way I like it.

Have a wonderful Sunday all!

Last edited by Abigale; 11-25-2012 at 02:59 AM..
Old 11-25-2012, 04:40 AM   #388

i am sipping a black coffee now.

one of the building staff is coming up at high noon to help me with the bedroom floor. it is a small apartment, until you start cleaning it. So, I will do what I can until he dets here. He won't even take a coffee break. He is coming at noon. His shift begins at 4PM. I want to give him at least 1/2 hr between the time he leaves here and the beginning of his 8 hour shift as doorman. Where does he get the energy? I will have breakfast at 3:30pm. I am no hungry now, and I do not enjoy food to the sound of the vacuum, and the effluvium of cleaning fluids. Is it not odd how one day I can be as hungry as a bear, and the next day I can go w/o food all day long? Everyone enjoy this day. FF
Old 11-25-2012, 11:07 AM   #389
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, don't look a gifthorse in the mouth - whatever that means - lack of hunger is a rare gift for any of us!

abi, i think a neutral nylon blend in the tan/very light brown range is what we may go with...it is replacing a blue rug so anything will be an improvement...i rented a pod (storage container) which will be in the driveway on tuesday and we will empty the furniture into that and then rip up the old rug, paint, freshen up the room as close to original as possible...we figured out that the room/rug is 20 years old!...my second oldest son sleeps down there and the other kids join him on the weekends, so it has evolved from a family room into the kids room...

btw, congrats on the 6 lbs. girl!!!!!!!!...way to go!...and to accomplish that over TG is doubly remarkable...now, keep it up!...

had the last piece of crustless quiche for breakfast (would have rather had abi's bacon and eggs!) and may have yogurt for lunch...not sure about dinner yet...

Last edited by tony8; 11-25-2012 at 11:08 AM..
Old 11-25-2012, 12:07 PM   #390

you may find this hard to believe, but ....

i have not yet opened the can of pumpkin. I did however eat the lc pound cake portion. I cannot tell the difference between that and regular pound cake. It was perfection. oh, it was marble, not plain yellow. Damn near broke my teeth(hahaha). I will be having breakfast shortly (the other sausage and omelette 1/2 from yesterday. My apartment is really shaping up. My bedroom looks good enough to sleep in. I need a new mattress badly. I shall have one before year end, or even sooner. What is the best kind of mattress to get? Inner springs, or foam? Can't decide yet. Perhaps I should sleep on it!!! FF
Closed Thread