Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 07:30 AM   #331
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
almost feeling a twinge of guilt for not doing cooking for TG

but that is a twinge i can live with. gonna have 2 oz of extra charp cheddar in a minute or two. I know now, that structure is the best procedure for staying on plan. on those days when i am not on my part time job, i must stay out of the house for a good part of the day, even if it is just to go to a mall, or sit outside on the bench, or do some walking. NJ has a really large mall right across from where my (earth)mom is interred. There is a bus that goes there directly, and brings me back. I will research that info when the time comes. FF

Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2012, 07:46 AM   #332
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Hi everybody. I'm here. I really need to get caught up on posts so I can make some intelligent and meaningful comments.

This is a difficult time of year emotionally and with eating. I think I've pulled out of my funk.

I'll touch base later after I've read everything.

Ta ta for now.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:22 AM   #333

just stay in the loop, Gibby

and happy TG. Today's lunch is delicious. ordinarily i would have panicked at the small portion...BUT when it is prepared well, it is most satisying and filling despite the quantity, or rather the lack of it. Not too much ATKINS friendly choices at the salad bar today. But what there was was fresh and delicious. 2 T of blue cheese dressing covers (literally)a multitude of sins. Love & Profits: FLAT-88 days to go-FERENGHI
Old 11-19-2012, 12:23 PM   #334
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
hey marilee!...i am the anti-funk guy (i have no idea what that means!), so don't stay away even if you're struggling...we need you, girl... :-)

artemis, happy there were lots of LC choices at the party...i'm sure if you drink LOTS of water, you'll lose any excess fluid - for me it usually takes two days of heavy drinking to see a woosh...

ff, you never told us what the delicious lunch was???...

having a great day - lots of walking - up and down the street with the pt, and then quite a bit at the market...i decided to make a bison chili today and it's simmering now and will for the next few hours...so far, it is DELICIOUS!...just laid down on the couch for the first time in 7 hours...

today:
b: greek yogurt with blueberries
l: tasted some chili
d: hot dogs and chili

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 11-19-2012, 03:46 PM   #335
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hmmmm...gonna make the hot dogs tomorrow night instead...we all filled up on the yummy bison chili! :-)

hope everyone is having a great monday!
Old 11-19-2012, 03:50 PM   #336

1000 pardons for the omission.

a nice salad featuring SALAD(lettuce, tomato, cukes, 1 oz of shredded american cheese baptized by 2 T blue cheese dressing. With that there was 3 tiny little roasted & HERBED chicken thighs. Well, I already said how yummo it was. I had my lasty mouthful at 1:45pm. It is now 6:40pm. I think I will get my small order of ribs, and a melange of chinese veggies(with the customary caveats)and plenty of garlic...later, about 8 pm. I will save the burgers for tomorrow evening cause I do not have to work on Wed. I spent just enough at Shgoprite to get my free turkey. However, as I am not cooking turkey, and there is no room in the fridge or freezer, I qualified for a $15.00 gift certificate with no expiration date. Not bad I will make a turkey breast around New Years. I have not succeeded in getting responses from those at the Pokono bash who live within the 5 boros. I would love to invite 1 nor 2 for New Years. But,I guess there are jusr fair weather family. Perhaps I will see them at the next Pokonos bash on Columbus weekend 2013. Perhaps next year, if u are going to a ball game, we can make some arrangement to meet. Wouldn't that be something? Anyway, Tony and all us BLITZERS, may we have a great TG, and not blow our plans to smithereens all together. By Zeus, I certainly will not! FF
Old 11-19-2012, 05:28 PM   #337
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jfinchster
quick check in--finished with the restrictive part of HCG today and now am onto to just a regular low carb diet for 5 weeks. I lost 18lbs total...now to keep it off! I'm going to do another round starting after Christmas with the goal of losing another 15lbs. It was quite the challenge but it's behind me now...

Sounds like everyone is doing well. I'm going to my mom's for Thanksgiving, so I don't have to host everyone, which is nice. I will be traveling though, but she knows I eat low carb so no problem...
Old 11-19-2012, 05:57 PM   #338

it is great, jfinchster...

that your mom respects your choices. In my immediate family, overweight people (if they are not rich)have no right to have any say about anything. Perhaps they resent the fact that I come from a planet so much more advanced in technology(acquired through "unadvertised specials"), as well as in ethical and moral character. Of course, every now and then, a mistake in judgement does occur...hence my exile. I am so looking forward to TG weekend, even the day after TG, during which time I wilo be at work. It is always the quietest work day of the year...to date. FF
Old 11-19-2012, 06:22 PM   #339
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jfinchster
I think low carb is hard for people to understand sometimes and also people that don't have a weight problem can't concieve of how difficult it is to lose weight and keep it off. They think just eat better and exercise. I ate well in high school and was a three sport varsity athlete and still had a weight problem. To this day I'm the most healthy eater of anyone I know and still have a weight problem. My husband can eat anything and alot of it and is thin...he watches how well I eat though and realizes that it is how your body functions and not about discipline, and he is very kind about my weight. Anyways, I won't give up, I feel like I will find the answer some day. I'll let you all know when I do!
Old 11-20-2012, 02:46 AM   #340
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Just lost my whole post and am out of time! I will try after work to check in! Everybody have a great day!

Last edited by Abigale; 11-20-2012 at 02:48 AM..
Old 11-20-2012, 03:47 AM   #341
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

i agree that we are not lost causes by any means...i think our bodies are complex and for some of us it takes time to find the right fuel/medicine/doable woe to maintain good health and a reasonable weight...

we all can feel whether the weight we are carrying is best for us - i know i need to be 20-35 lbs lighter than i am now to feel my best - for my blood work to be optimized and to put the least strain on my organs/joints etc...that is my biggest motivation...

trying to look good in my middle age is also an incentive, i must admit... :-)

let's all have a great tuesday!
Old 11-20-2012, 04:33 AM   #342

for me, it is not about LOOKINGgood,

but FEELING good. Too many "experts" tell us that we can all get down to our anorexic best, especially if we adhere to the low calorie low fat diet. If we cannot succeed, then we are lacking in our character. If i could be morbidly obese and do all the things people ought to be able to do, i would not bother. However, some people are and are perfectly healthy, at least for a while. I think if i can get below 200, i will be perfectly all right. And, with my current plan, I will, in time, get there. My new stretch jeans arrived yesterday. There are still in the bag.I have no idea if they will fit, or fit well enough to wear therm outside the house. I hope to get the courage to try one on before next Tuesday.Btw, another thing to be thankful about is that there is no rain or snow predicted for Wed or Thurs. On Thursday, after bkfst, i want to take a nice walk, after i have massaged my feet generously with lidocaine ointment. I will divde TG dinner into 2 phases, mid to late afternoon, and late evening. as a matter of fact, I might go out for breakfast, so i will have a destination to go to, and come back from. Tonight, i will begin the maxiseries ROME(BBC-HBO), which i will see in its entirety throughout the TG weekend. FF
Old 11-20-2012, 05:48 AM   #343
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
Had to get to work super early before the sun came up so it's time for a coffee break to tell you that I got fluid I was retaining off yesterday. My rings fit so I felt it safe to weigh and I was right where I was prior to going to the party on Sunday. So hopefully, I can lose something by Thursday. Even if I stay LC for TG dinner, I know I will probably eat more calories so I am hoping to just not gain over the course of the 4 days that I will be home with my family. You always eat more when you are around those you love...or at least I do.

Regarding the conversation above about people understanding LC, I think it's just that people still strive to make everyone the same and come up with some "golden rules" for everyone to abide by. Some people lose just fine restricting calories or reducing fat, my mom and sister-in-law are two examples. But others are just carb-sensitive and for us it's also about food choices. I've had health problems since I was a teenager, so my family has always been super supportive of anything I can do to make myself feel better. And out of the family, I am the only one who has lost weight and kept it off (well most of it...darn grad school stress). And the media also tries to promote that we all LOOK the same as well. Everyone knows that one weight on one person looks totally different on another yet we still strive to be a certain number on that stupid BMI chart which absolutely does not account for muscle mass, bone density, water mass, etc. Have you ever seen those sites where you can type in your weight and height and it shows pictures of people with your same BMI, it's amazing how vastly different people can look! When I typed in mine, most of the women were twice my size or more which certainly was an eye opener! Why do we do it? Perhaps because psychologically, if some number tells us we're normal we are at more peace with ourselves?? I think it's important to just be the best you can be and let the rest go.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:34 AM   #344

well said Artemis

i was all set to enjoy 2 hard boiled eggs. i ruined one in the peeling process. so, i had 1 instead of 2. i put a drop of mayo on each 1/2 (counting it as 1 tsp, but it was less)and sprinkled with black pepper. it was enough! I will try doing it on purpose next time. They have baked tilapia in the cafeteria today, so i will probably have that with a salad and/or a veggie for lunch. I do not eat enough fish...and i love fish. there is a reason for that. fish is NOT usually filling, but i do not want to overdo the portion size. but, yesterday i was pleasantly surprised that those 3 little thigh pieces of chicken were quite suffice. so, today, i will dig in and see if the fish is enough. after all i will have the salad, and/or the veggies. FF
Old 11-20-2012, 10:23 AM   #345

lost my appetite.

i lost 2 work files. fortunately, tech support helped me find them. My appetite returned, so i am enjoying my salad and tilapia. The day is going quickly, so I have no cause for complaint. Talk to y'all this evening. F-87 days to go-F.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:19 PM   #346
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Congrats jf WTG on the 18 lbs off.

Abi, I hate that when I lose posts.

Artemis, what website do you compare others with same BMI? I can google and see what I get.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:29 PM   #347
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abi, we're twins today - i just lost a loooog post!

JENNY!!!!!...18 lbs. is amazing - i'm so proud of you - hcg is not easy at all and you stuck with it!...you must feel wonderful without that 18 lbs. on your body...happy for ya, sis...

artemis, i'm with ya 100% on the bmi thing...23 years ago, i went to the gym 6 days a week, had very very little body fat and i am positive my bmi (at 195 lbs and 5'9") would have made me OBESE and I WAS NOT...

ff, i predict we will meet in 2013 - i'm looking forward to it...

hey vicki, what are you up to?...everything okay?...

hot dogs tonight - i know it's weird - who craves hot dogs?...the kids say i'm acting like i'm pregnant...hahaha!
Old 11-20-2012, 04:19 PM   #348
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

marilee, get your holiday butt in here - we miss you! :-)
Old 11-20-2012, 04:32 PM   #349

i had no idea, truly no idea....

that I would be the cause of Justin & Selena's breakup. I thought Selena and I were discreet. It is a known fact, that once you've had FLAT, you can't go back. Perhaps, in time, Justin Fleckman & Selena O'Herlihy will reconcile. Again, I'm sorry. May your TG turkey come out neither murky, quirky or jerky. FF
Old 11-20-2012, 04:49 PM   #350
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
Vicki, a friend of mine sent that to me in an email a long time ago and I don't have the link any more (or it's buried in my email). I'll look and see but I bet you can find it or something similar on google. It's definitely worth a look.

Jenny, congrats on the weight loss. I know it feels great

I'm having a serious case of the muchies tonight...good thing I don't have anything in the house so I have no choice but to get over it.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:10 AM   #351
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Tony, since you and I are now twins and you and Jenny have been twins for a couple of years, maybe we are triplets. lol Today I am typing this somewhere else and will copy and paste it. So frustrated getting kicked off right in the middle of writing stuff.

No work for me until Monday. They decided today was optional so I said I wanted to work. They said they would get back with me. At the end of the day they said they didn't need me. So much for being optional. lol

Artemis, I don't know anything about BMI. When the former pants look good and feel good that is the weight I will be happy with. lol

Jenny, so happy you have found a weight loss plan that is really working well for you! 18 pounds is fantastic!

FF, hope the stretch jeans fit and feel and look good. I think stretch jeans are the best invention ever!

After being up for two days I am down 2oz today. Yea!

Will check back in later. Off to walmart. Have a great day all!
Old 11-21-2012, 07:55 AM   #352
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ok, here is my holiday butt!

I splurged last night and had mexican food and a marguerita for my birthday! And I ate it with no guilt. I figure "my diet starts on Friday" so WTH!

Still need to get caught up on posts but.....

Jenny-good job on the hcg. You are off to a great jump start after you stall.
Abi - Enjoy your time off. I'm envious!
ff-I'm so proud of you! And I'm jealous. Retirement will be here before you know it.
Tony - what an amazing man you are! You are healing so well from your surgery and you are here to buoy us up and encourage us when we are struggling. you are awesome!
Vicki-you are always in inspiration. Stay strong, girl. We can do this. 2013 sounds like a good year for us.
Hi Artie! You are doing great on your LC choices. Good for you.

Got to run - work to do. TTYL

Marilee
Old 11-21-2012, 07:59 AM   #353
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Birthday Marilee!!
Old 11-21-2012, 09:59 AM   #354

well, i got all the food.

i am gonna portion out the turkey and the ribs in a few minutes. Those sandwich bags come in handy. I was not able to get my shredded cabbage for TROLL SLAW, but I have oodles of salad and veggies. I just need to get some lettuce (dark leaf). I can get that tomorrow in a produce store. I am NOT setting foot in a supermarket till Monday. Tomorrow I am going for a nice walk in the area where the B&N is. I will be home in time for TG meal A. 4 or 5 hours after that will be TG meal B. There is enough turkey for about 2 meals plus 6 sandwiches(on lc toast). Enjoy, HEWMONS, Enjoy! FF
Old 11-21-2012, 01:37 PM   #355
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

first, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARILEE!!!!!!!!!!!...great to see your holiday butt :-) i'm happy you enjoyed an excellent mexican b-day meal with no guilt...

it's a great day for me today - i got my surgical staples removed!!!!! yea yea yea!...it wasn't the most pleasant experience, but it's another first-time adventure that is now behind me...

sarah is home so i am ALL SMILES!...all my kids are here and happy and hanging out! - i love it!...

the new washer was delivered and installed today - my wife had no idea until the kids called her into the basement to have the delivery guy explain how it worked...she is very happy...

dw made italian wedding soup for dinner tonight - it's my favorite and has been a TG tradition in my family since i was a kid...very healthy - little meatballs, chicken, eggs, escarole, celery, carrots and rice - the rice takes it a bit out of the LC arena, but it is so good and healthy that i will eat it with no guilt, a la marilee...

had a piece of crustless quiche for breakfast and a tuna sandwich on whole wheat toast for lunch...

we know what ff and artemis are doing tomorrow - how about marilee and abi?...we got our 25-lb. turkey this afternoon - organic, fresh and expensive :-) it better taste good!

see y'all a bit later...
Old 11-21-2012, 02:09 PM   #356
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Tony, Italian Wedding Soup is yummy but I have never had homemade. We got a 15 lb organic, fresh bird but froze it for Christmas since my mom is having turkey tomorrow. We got ours for $2.49/lb, not too bad.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:19 PM   #357
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Tony, I love Italian wedding soup. Can you share the recipe with us?
Old 11-21-2012, 02:28 PM   #358

i spent $32.00 and change on the salad bar stuff.

that incl the turkey and the ribs. It sounds like a lot, but I will get 5-6 feedings from the turkey, and 2-3 from the ribs. If I do not forget, I will take a picture of my TG plate, before I begin eating it. Eventually, before I am rescued from my exile here on earth, I will figure out how to post pix here. The Italian wedding soup sounds really great. Once I start really cooking (after I retire), I will make a version w/o the rice. There is a lc version of virtually anything one can think of. I had a nice lunch: 1 oz of smoked salmon on 2 slices of lc toast with 1 oz creamcheese, and salad garnish in the sandwich and on the side. Tonight, FINALLY, I shall make the 2 cheeseburgers(no bacon, drat!)with tomato, onion, lc ketchup. mayo, and veggies on the side (sauted). Trolls do not live by chinese food alone! FF
Old 11-21-2012, 04:01 PM   #359
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, we are going to my niece's home in Brattleboro. Two sisters and one brother with spouses, another niece and her husband and two little boys. We are bringing squash, turnip, cran sauce, pumpkin pie and the bloody mary fixins. Everything starts at noon. At this point I am not feeling too stressed about avoiding the sweets and other carbs. Hope this feeling lasts! I will have a drink which could be as much at 14 carbs looking at the mr. t label - spicy mix. I also plan to have turkey, vegetables, green salad, olives and stuffed celery. It won't be a low calorie day but as long as I stay away from the pies etc. I think it will be a good day.

Wishing a good day for everyone. I will see you all in the early am!
Old 11-21-2012, 07:55 PM   #360
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abs, that sounds great!...hope you and your family have a wonderful day together...

sure, marilee, i asked the wife to write the recipe up for me and i'll post it once she does...

ff, that's a very reasonable price for so many meals!...

vicki, 2.49 is a good price - i think we paid 2.99 lb...

the soup was DELICIOUS and it is so nice having all the kids home :-)
Closed Thread